Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2010 7:10 AM

Jan 2010
NO!!
Greed died :(
I kinda like Greed and Lin as a team.Why did he have to die???
Jun 28, 2010 7:12 AM

Sep 2006
Handled very well. There were certain elements in the manga that didn't go into the anime's script, but the anime is better off without them, it needs to maintain the atmosphere.

The Hoemheim tribute is quite a surprise, the ending with song played, really just wow, Hoemheim's tribulation through all those years, finally he's found true happiness.

I'm really really happy with this episode, it really brought closure to the series and is epic and relieved fatigue after the intense battle. 1000/10.

Anyone worried about what's going to be in the last epilogue episode? There's some stuff to cover, but I'm worried it'll be too cheery and disjointed scenes to be a good episode. Feels like it's going to be a super long OVA haha. Bones better extend beyond the manga or the next episode is not going to feel right at all.
Jun 28, 2010 7:34 AM

May 2009
great episode! i was so excited that i didnt wait for the subbed one to come out xD i watched the raw :3

though thanks to the manga i understood the episode xD
Jun 28, 2010 8:45 AM

Feb 2009
Amazing. It really outdid the manga. The extended scenes were really great. I don't have anything more to say.

Next episode is the last part of the last chapter. More extended scenes and tying out some loose ends in the manga ending will make this the best ending of all. Why must all shows I'm watching end at the same time and all of the are pretty great endings except for AB? There's not much in the next season...
Jun 28, 2010 10:44 AM

Apr 2009
GREEEEEED-SAMAAAA
You will be missed TT__TT
Fai said:
- Ending theme being re-themed with Hohenheim scenes was nice. I am betting that they will expand the last page of manga through the ending of ep64. It just makes sense

Makes sense and will be AWESOME. (Hopefully more Ling for me.)

Great, great ending. I am SO glad that Arakawa came up with something else than ultimately using the Stone to get Al back, that would just be in conflict with the whole manga.
-sob- Only one more episode and it's goodbye D: I lived through the manga ending just because there were more anime episodes to come, but now...Q_Q

I can't wait for the

Also, yay for Al being back! x3
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jun 28, 2010 10:57 AM

Oct 2008
I think the main reason for this episode to be sooooo different from the manga , is because the studio didn't have a master copy of the manga chapter . . Instead all the animation and artwork was carried out from the storyboards that the staff had . So hats off to BONES . . Seriously . .
Jun 28, 2010 11:14 AM

Jul 2008
I usually get the WTF when watching the last episode of most anime... But I think FMA concluded the anime quite well... and there's one more episode left... can't wait.
Jun 28, 2010 11:19 AM
Nov 2007
Ed and Al's mother was 11 years old when she gave birth to Edward. Hohenheim is a pedo.
Jun 28, 2010 11:41 AM

Oct 2008
funkpanda said:
Ed and Al's mother was 11 years old when she gave birth to Edward. Hohenheim is a pedo.

WTH . Please get your facts right . .
Jun 28, 2010 11:42 AM

Aug 2009
Loved the Van Hohenheim montage.
Such an epic character ;_;
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jun 28, 2010 12:09 PM

Jan 2010
Fantastic episode.
A great ending for Hohenheim, one of the most pivotal characters in FMA.
Greed, one of the coolest of the Homunculi, will be missed.

Looking forward to the final episode, as it should expand on the manga's epilogue, but the day it airs will be a sad day...the end of FMA...
Jun 28, 2010 12:41 PM

Apr 2009
Wow. just... wow.

I was so sad when Greed died. He a Lin where so amazing.

It's weird that Hohenheim's death wasn't as sad. Well, it was, but it didn't hurt the same way. I guess it was cuz he was able to find some sort of peace.

The next episode is going to be great. This series feels way more wrapped up than the first one.

Jun 28, 2010 1:11 PM

Nov 2008
silent_killer said:
funkpanda said:

yeah....ed and al's mom looked at least in her 30's when she died

edit: just checked their mom was 26 when she died....which means she had ed at 21? he was 5 when she died right?
suigetsu00Jun 28, 2010 1:22 PM
Jun 28, 2010 2:13 PM

Nov 2008
Great finale, I cried like a baby haha
Jun 28, 2010 2:36 PM

Oct 2008
@Suigetsu00 . . Good work . . :)
and still no eclipse version :(

Jun 28, 2010 2:38 PM

Jul 2008
One the best anime's out there imo

I could do without the last episode, I feel they wrapped everything up quite nicely already.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2010 2:54 PM

Apr 2009
fucking awesome dialog between God and homunculus =)

and Ed also..

brilliant ep
Jun 28, 2010 3:02 PM
Dec 2007
After an awesome 62nd episode, we had the usual animation quality drop and lack of pace of a seemingly endless anime that took too long to reach its conclusion. The dramatic scenes felt almost forced as did the unusual happy ending (for an anime at least). Overall, the first part of the ending was not really great in terms of either development or conclusion. I hope the last episode will be better and bring a decent closure to this anime which has been outstanding for a shonen (especially from episode 30 onwards).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 28, 2010 4:16 PM

Mar 2009
Greed does a hero run, very nice.

Father turns into a Hollow.

Ahh I'm going to miss this title..
Jun 28, 2010 4:45 PM

Nov 2008
silent_killer said:
@Suigetsu00 . . Good work . . :)

i just re-watched the episode and skipped to the part where they show hohenheim sitting at trisha's grave lol :)
Jun 28, 2010 6:22 PM

Dec 2009
IDC Im a FMA Fan Boy for life lol this episode and this series was soooo epic from the 1st episode til nxt weeks
Jun 28, 2010 7:20 PM

May 2008
FMA B, you will be missed ....
Jun 28, 2010 10:04 PM

Mar 2009
did anyone else notice the name sephiroth and a 7 next to it?
anyway great episode
Jun 28, 2010 10:47 PM

Jun 2008
Good episode! I can't believe that there's only one left. I think that when the anime ends, I'll actually have closure. I didn't have real closure when I read the last chapter of the manga, just because I knew that the show was still going on.

But. I cried when Hohopapa died. I really did. He really becomes a great and lovable character.

Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
Jun 29, 2010 12:30 AM

Jun 2009
Damn, I'm gonna miss this show, just 1 more episode left ...
Jun 29, 2010 12:35 AM

Jul 2007
Rey-misterio said:
anyway great episode

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sephiroth_%28Kabbalah%29
Jun 29, 2010 2:39 AM
Nov 2007
suigetsu00 said:
silent_killer said:
funkpanda said:

yeah....ed and al's mom looked at least in her 30's when she died

edit: just checked their mom was 26 when she died....which means she had ed at 21? he was 5 when she died right?

Snap my bad. 1899-1878 != 11. Its 21. Boo im dumb.
Jun 29, 2010 2:56 AM

Feb 2010
Rey-misterio said:
anyway great episode

It's not the Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII, though, but the Sephirot from the Kabbalah.
And yes, the whole Sephirot is on it.

---
Also, I can't believe the massive trolling by the usual villains....

oh, btw, Eclipse's out~
DarkChaplainJun 29, 2010 3:07 AM
Jun 29, 2010 3:13 AM

Oct 2008
@funkpanda ....)))))))

@darkchaplain: thanks for the info mate
Jun 29, 2010 4:01 AM

May 2008
This was an amazing and awsome episode, I loved it so much. I will miss Greed and Hohenheim~
I can't believe that only left one episode~
Jun 29, 2010 4:08 AM

Sep 2009
An awesome episode for an awesome series.

FMAB will be missed after ep 64 ends, but there's already the dual audio for me >:D
Jun 29, 2010 4:09 AM

Sep 2008
Nothing much to say but: Faaantastic episode.

Got a little teary at parts. It just seems like such a - dare I say it? - perfect ending. (I know nothing's perfect but whatever. This is one of the few times I've come across an anime that has an ending that I feel I'm definitely going to be satisfied with. :] )

... I think my only complaint was that at some point, Ed stopped being the only real main character. Even then, I guess that can be a good thing, since other characters got to share the spotlight (other characters that deserved some attention)...
Jun 29, 2010 4:12 AM

Mar 2009
Ahhh, so amazing. Made me tear up a bit when Greed and Hoenheim died. This series makes me cry way to often... First Hughes, now this... But, in the end, I'm satisfied with the way that the series is ending. Can't wait for the last episode to wrap things up!
Jun 29, 2010 4:23 AM

Apr 2009
@Jacut, does FMA manga qualify as a shounen manga ? =\

i think not.. i mean it has little elements of shounen, but i dont think it is one..

if you look at bleach/OP/Nar. those are shounens..

this one is just on another world.. lots of deaths.. just one story, it has a finale.. plus it was monthly release..
Jun 29, 2010 4:31 AM

Jan 2009
"Man the fuck up, why're you getting swept away!?" : D
Anyway, R.I.P. Greed D': (Oh well, since Lin is still there, I guess it's fine)
Hohenheim's death as blissful as it could possibly be~

And this was about just as epic as it was in the manga, not really though, but since the manga was way beyond 10/10, this'll also be 10 : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 29, 2010 4:44 AM

Apr 2009
so actually the story ended now yeah ?

the villain was killed kinda way to easily... or just the anime was like this... i bet the manga was epic-er..

anyway next ep is just gonna be talking :D

enough with the epicness -)))))
Jun 29, 2010 5:07 AM

Oct 2008
@smokes , i think fma also belongs to the shonen category . Its just extremely different . No power ups , no haxx asspulls . . Just a simple show , with a simple plot . Which is actually the best formula for an EPIC SHOW :) :)
Jun 29, 2010 5:12 AM

Nov 2007
If Hiromi doesn't win a Nobel in Literature with her work on Hagane no Renkinjutsushi, this world will prove yet again itself to be too twisted. The Truth is told.

shanimebibJun 29, 2010 5:15 AM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 29, 2010 5:17 AM

Jul 2007
smokes said:
@Jacut, does FMA manga qualify as a shounen manga ? =

i think not.. i mean it has little elements of shounen, but i dont think it is one..

if you look at bleach/OP/Nar. those are shounens..

this one is just on another world.. lots of deaths.. just one story, it has a finale.. plus it was monthly release..

Yes its still in the shonen genre,hence why its the best of shonen genre :P

Main themes (moving forward, overcoming your past experiences, etc) are common in shonen genre.

And shonen can be dark and "unshonen-y", best examples being fma,claymore, trc, dgm and countless others.

What separates Fma (and most of my mentioned examples) from generic shonen stuff like the big trio, is a compelling and interesting storytelling with start and finish, interesting characters, innovative and interesting villains and great story execution.

smokes said:
so actually the story ended now yeah ?

the villain was killed kinda way to easily... or just the anime was like this... i bet the manga was epic-er..

anyway next ep is just gonna be talking :D

enough with the epicness -)))))

Nah, this episode covered about a half of the last chapter.
AhenshihaelJun 29, 2010 5:21 AM
Jun 29, 2010 5:22 AM

Oct 2008
How how how ironic , that one of the best SHONEN TITLES EVER , is actually created by a WOMAN :) :)

^@fai , in short , its the magic of HIROMU ARAKAWA . .
Jun 29, 2010 5:25 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
AMAZING!!!!!!! PERFECT. AWING. SO HAPPY.
p r o f i l e 👀
Jun 29, 2010 5:51 AM

Apr 2009
@fai lol claymore shounen ? xD that must've been a joke.
thats categorized as seinin imho.. thats definetly not a show for 15-18 kids =)

and i think FMA also is in seinin category...
i mean the plot is way too 'smart' for shounen audience..

i mean the shounen is more about 'action'.. lots of fights and enemies, and vast story, not that serious themes as FMA tho.. were its about God and other themes.. which is a little bit more intelectual than an shounen plot.

even though its a small plot, i dont think its a shounen..
Jun 29, 2010 6:03 AM

Feb 2010
Damn that was fkin great!
I was honestly crying almost through the whole episode because of so much awesomeness. The drama just seems so unforced in Brotherhood.
I'm gonna be so lost after the last episode :(
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 29, 2010 6:14 AM

Jul 2007
smokes said:
@fai lol claymore shounen ? xD that must've been a joke.
thats categorized as seinin imho.. thats definetly not a show for 15-18 kids =)

and i think FMA also is in seinin category...
i mean the plot is way too 'smart' for shounen audience..

i mean the shounen is more about 'action'.. lots of fights and enemies, and vast story, not that serious themes as FMA tho.. were its about God and other themes.. which is a little bit more intelectual than an shounen plot.

even though its a small plot, i dont think its a shounen..

nope. Both Claymore and FMA fall into shounen genre.

Just because its shounen, does not mean that it has to have no "smart" plots.

Heck manga like Bloody Monday(which is pretty much grounded in real world technology and your average kid would not understand anything) and Alive-The Final Evolution(which is as mindfucky as mindfuck can get) are classified as shonen. And both of them do not have that much action( I mean, bloody monday is all about hacker and mindgames...)

shounen no longer means the audience, but themes used in it. And authors can get away with a lot of things, while still remaining in shounen genre.
Jun 29, 2010 6:27 AM

Apr 2009
Fai said:

interesting characters, innovative and interesting villains

actually there are not that much interesting characters besides King Bradley, the main villain was kinda generic all the show, i mean with stuff like want to be the perfect human etc.. but i reaaaly liked the dialog between the 'God' and him at this episode..

so i kinda liked him more now.. the dialog was some awesome stuff there...psychological stuff.. really good..liked it.

the other characters like Lin were well introduced but hardly developed..
though Greed was nice..
Scar is like Crocodile from OP, an epic/gar villain that then aligns with the 'good' guys.. and help them out.. he was still awesome in this show..

the rest of the characters are well developed but i dont have anyone that had a huge impact on me or gave some big emotions etc..
Jun 29, 2010 6:31 AM

Apr 2009
Fai said:

shounen no longer means the audience, but themes used in it. And authors can get away with a lot of things, while still remaining in shounen genre.

well yeah, but still there is huge amount of GORE in claymore... like bodies ripped apart.. and other gross things that for children are kinda awkward..

oh wait, checked the wikipedia and its a shounen o_O

its still a dark fantasy manga tho.,.
Jun 29, 2010 6:38 AM

Nov 2007
silent_killer said:
How how how ironic , that one of the best SHONEN TITLES EVER , is actually created by a WOMAN :) :)

That include Takahashi Rumiko (Inu Yasha) and Hoshino Katsura (D.Gray-man), probably the best three female shounen mangaka, but Hiromi is in a complete different level, probably THE best amongst All Shounen Mangaka.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 29, 2010 7:45 AM

Jun 2010
I watch it many times... still cant get over it :(

I am so gonna remember this anime.. Pure awesomeness from the start till the end.
-= Space for Rent =-
Jun 29, 2010 8:06 AM

Oct 2008
shanimebib said:
silent_killer said:

That include Takahashi Rumiko (Inu Yasha) and Hoshino Katsura (D.Gray-man), probably the best three female shounen mangaka, but Hiromi is in a complete different level, probably THE best amongst All Shounen Mangaka.

wow . I thought rumiko was a guy . . Wow . . . Thats awesome . . Thanks for the info :) :)
Jun 29, 2010 8:17 AM

Jun 2009
Al came back:D yatta, and his body too. Now Ed can't use Alchemy but that's okay. The part where Ed cried was really super sadD: I cried to you know ^^
Overall it was so good, more than good, even if the animation is not that awesome as the previous episode but we got a good ending. Nothing rush, Hohenheim's death was sweet and I'll miss Greed:D
OMG last episode next week! Hope Eclipse will sub the last episode FAST!! I'll miss FMA forever, best anime ever created.

Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.