Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 11, 2008 3:40 PM

Apr 2008
First I didn't have an opinion about him, then I really liked him and cried over him and Euphie. Then I wasn't sure at the end of the series. second season though I keep bouncing back between finding him facinating and loathing him.

Though because I have come to hate him, I think he's become a much more interesting character because of it, if that makes sense.
May 11, 2008 4:34 PM
Oct 2007
suzaku is the real protaginst imo ~~

him>lulu

i vote for teh good guy
May 12, 2008 6:14 AM

Nov 2007
I voted for... "Ok so he is a little self-righteous and naïve but he means well…"

I like Suzaku as a pilot and as a character too.... he kicks ass!
His ideals are way over the top though... makes him look like an idiot ^^; Lulu's ways are more substantive though.
May 12, 2008 8:05 PM

Dec 2007
Infernal said:
Suzaku was always a hypocritical bastard that could never hold to his words. He preaches a hell lot but never was he able to perform them himself. The main reason he despises the methods of Zero is because he can never accept that what he did before was clearly a mistake. This is probably why he would never agree that Britannia's defeat is possible since that would clearly make the fact that he murdered his own father a BIG mistake. What he believes to be the only way out for Japan would be betrayed the moment Britannia is defeated.

Spot on. I think no matter what, this is what all his preaching tries to hide. If the illusion that Britannia isn't invincible is shattered, then he has to stare down the idea that that he killed his father for nothing. And I don't think he's capable of that.

Anyway...I try not to jump on the "hate" bandwagon for any character, but no matter how you look at it, Suzaku's wrong. See, I get that people think he's just idealistic and misguided, but I'm an idealist and I think he's wrong. Not because he's naive, but because of the country he's defending. Its like he ignored the speech Charles Di Britannia gave at Clovis' death. Everything that came out of that guy's mouth were the very principles Britannia was founded on. And that's your problem. You can't change a kingdom that's corrupt from its very foundation. That's like trying to care for a tree that's dead at the roots.

Lelouch's actions are the right ones. You don't try to change a kingdom like that. You raze it to the ground and create a new one. And anyone that stands in his way, no matter what their *words* are, their actions indicate they condone EVERYTHING Britannia has done and is doing and will do.

Granted, I'm not saying Lelouch is a good guy. But, give it time...there's some things you've all overlooked. :)
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
May 12, 2008 8:46 PM
Jan 2007
"Ok so he is a little self-righteous and naïve but he means well…"
Not exactly how I would phrase it but, meh.

Such a one-sided poll, lol. Not that I'm surprised. Don't get me wrong, there are people who hate Suzaku for genuine reasons, and I respect that, but there are way too many people just jumping on the hate bandwagon. Suzaku is an amazing character, but I've pretty much learned to accept the hate since I've been incoherently flamed way too many times for defending him.
May 13, 2008 6:14 AM

Jul 2007
I dont hate Suza, but i would love it if he was not on the governments side.
May 13, 2008 10:23 AM

Oct 2007
jaiklar said:
selective_yellow said:
When is this guy going to die? D:

I want to know too.

Oh, me too. I hate him with a passion.

Sure he's important for the story and stuff, but I'll just be hating him more for every episode I watch. (And don't tell me to stop watching, because I love CG)
May 13, 2008 2:02 PM

Oct 2007
I don't hate him, but I don't like him. He is just stupid idiot.
May 20, 2008 12:33 AM

Jul 2007
yeah, same here, don't like him, but i'm scare it will turn to hate in this s2..
May 20, 2008 10:51 PM

Mar 2008
I almost hated him, but I remembered something; his hatred is always towards zero and never Lelouch, even if he used Nunnally. He still thinks Zero's Geass to Euphie was deliberate and that made him detest Zero.

He's betting on Nunnally to make all the difference once and for all. His goal is more or less the same with Zero, albeit with a different tactic.

Can't say I really hate him, lol.
Jun 16, 2008 3:40 PM
Nov 2007
i was wondering if i hate him, or just dislike him, but now that i think about it i come to the conclusion, that i hate him from the deepest point of my heart. this hypocritical bastard just f***s up every plan of lelouch just because hes got the better knightmare. he must be just so stupid, because the britannians treat him like shit the whole time and he let them do it. he even would open his mouth if a britannian would say "open your mouth, i want to spit into it". and his answer for this is, that he wants to change area 11 from within. this is just too dumb!!!!
and more than that he treatens his best friend, who helped him out in so many situations (death penalty rescue as zero) the worst. i just dont get it.
for example there are characters like xing ke or schneizel, which i really sympathize with, even if they are on the wrong side but suzaku has to die very soon! PLS!
Jun 17, 2008 8:06 AM
Feb 2008
Come to think of it, he's pretty similiar to Nina. They both refuse to come to terms with their faults and cling onto some pathetic idea or person to take the blame for them. Japan for Suzaku, Euphy for Nina. Personally, I think he shouldn't die. He should be brought crashing down by the weight of his sins at the feet of our favorite Byronic hero.
Jun 17, 2008 8:25 AM

Feb 2005
A deplorable example of a self righteous bastard.
Detest the man and the unintelligible codswallop that is his reasoning.
Jun 17, 2008 8:30 AM

Feb 2008

There is nothing righteous about betraying your best friend.
KappakaJun 17, 2008 8:34 AM
Jun 17, 2008 8:41 AM

Jun 2008
Wasn't Suzaku sorta brainwashed by Emperor Charles? Hmmm... Also Suzaku still thinks Zero was the one that killed Euphie (or let Euphie kill the Japanese) I think that was the actual start of his hatred for Zero. Hypocritical also, (but who isn't really) and he also had a screwed up childhood. He's also hated by both Japanese and Britannia at some point, hated mainly by Britannia in the first season for becoming a honorable guard. Not like he can be a good guy with all those screwed up experiences. Meh.

I actually want Suzaku to change so he can fight against Britannia, but that's probably unlikely, rofl... since Euphie died and all that, don't think he can ever forgive Zero, and Lelouch probably knows it as well.
TachiiJun 17, 2008 8:51 AM
Jun 20, 2008 10:11 AM

Dec 2007
LAH-Foton said:
I almost hated him, but I remembered something; his hatred is always towards zero and never Lelouch, even if he used Nunnally. He still thinks Zero's Geass to Euphie was deliberate and that made him detest Zero.

He's betting on Nunnally to make all the difference once and for all. His goal is more or less the same with Zero, albeit with a different tactic.

Can't say I really hate him, lol.

That's exactly it though. He does hate Lulu. >_> Ever since he found out about Lulu being Zero, he practically hates his guts. And geez, Suzaku is such a freaking idiot.
I wish he could die because the series could survive without him, easily. >_<
Jun 20, 2008 10:40 AM
Mar 2008
sakura_haruko said:
I wish he could die because the series could survive without him, easily. >_<

Same. I hate Suzaku with a passion *dies* especially when he says, "I want to change Britannia from the inside" . . . . . .no. . . . . . I've never actually hated a character like I do Suzaku.
Jun 21, 2008 5:34 PM

Oct 2007
I freaking hate Suzaku....... BLAH!!!!

But I guess its essential that he remains in the story in the end.

I bet he'll convert back to Lulu somehow...
Jun 21, 2008 11:12 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Suzaku and Lelouch have similar goals, Suzaku just has a different way of going about them. And watching your best friend shoot your love has got to screw you up.

I think the dynamic between Suzaku is interesting, and important to the show. I'm glad he's in the show, as much as I may yell at him while I'm watching him.

Plus, he looks to much like Syaoran to hate him ;) (Ah, Clamp~)
Jun 22, 2008 2:55 AM

Jan 2008
He's a self-righteous bastard, and his personal sense of justice doesn't make any sense, well in the first season anyway. Now, his motives are more taking Lelouch down slowly and painfully orientated, so that smooths the edges over a little, but I still don't like him at all.

If he wants what's best for Japan then why is he fighting for Britannia? I'm pretty sure it's become painfully obvious that the Emperor doesn't give a shit about the Japanese. "Oh no, I'm gonna change it from the inside." No you're not, you're just a tool you dumb f*ck!

Jun 22, 2008 5:25 AM

Jul 2007
After episode 11, I now feel TOTAL hatred for him.

Even if I was sorry for him , pitied him or thought that he is gonna change...

anyway...

Suzaku, MESSING WITH MY FAVORITE CHARACTER MEANS DEATH, YOU KNOW THAT ? -.-
*imagines suzaku getting trashed by train-...AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAINNNNNNN!!*

asdasdsasd
Jun 22, 2008 6:08 PM

Apr 2008
I wonder why he stays with britannia? i mean at the start of the first series he almost dies twice because of them? but i guess the only reason i dont completely hate him is because of the suzaku kick

Jun 24, 2008 5:06 PM
Nov 2007
lancelotgeass said:
Come to think of it, he's pretty similiar to Nina. They both refuse to come to terms with their faults and cling onto some pathetic idea or person to take the blame for them. Japan for Suzaku, Euphy for Nina. Personally, I think he shouldn't die. He should be brought crashing down by the weight of his sins at the feet of our favorite Byronic hero.

i hate nina even more. i hated her from the moment, she freaked out at the hotel incident, when an eleven wanted to grab her arm. shes freaking out the whole time for no real reason!! even if shes got nearly no screen time she knows how to make people (or only me) hate her in only this little amount of time. if i had the the opportunity to use geass on her i would advise her to kill herself in a very cruel way! sorry for that but it had to get out :P. WAHHHHHH!
Jun 24, 2008 9:34 PM

Mar 2008
like I have posted in another thread:

I feel that, as much as Lelouch have become an idealistic man, Suzaku has become an increasingly pragmatic man; a reversal of the two since S1
Jun 26, 2008 8:26 AM

Jun 2008
"He may mean well but he is going too far for it to be forgiven" - not really good description of what I think about him, but the closest one ...
Jun 26, 2008 2:22 PM

May 2008
Ok so he is a little self-righteous and naïve but he means well…

Music is from the soul~ ♥
Jun 26, 2008 3:31 PM

Apr 2008
Aw, I love him. :(
He's a confused cutie-pie.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2008 4:12 PM

Jun 2008
I hate him, I mean, he's too stupid, with all that changing from the inside stuff...OMFG...
In the episode when he said he can't even suicide himself I was laughing. I can't stand him, it's too much for my intellect...
Jun 26, 2008 6:19 PM

Apr 2007
I don't hate 'em, but I don't like 'em either. So I voted third down.

I feel the same way about Lelouch. There's nothing great about either of them :/
Jun 30, 2008 6:12 AM

Jul 2007
I'm on the side of Lelouch, and from that side Suzaku really is an ass. He must die, but I don't think Lelouch is going to do that, so there for Kallen must murder him, ha.
Jun 30, 2008 8:59 AM

Apr 2008
I like him.

I feel like he and Lelouch are heading toward similar goals, but in completely different ways. Suzaku wants to do it the 'legal way', while Zero wants to burst in, take control and do it his way.

Suzaku also really hasn't done anything that bad. Sure, he's done some things that would make him seem like a traitor, but he's just doing what he feels is right. How can you knock a guy for standing by his beliefs?

If Lelouch can be responsible for the slaughtering of thousands of Japanese people and still be well liked, I think we can cut Suzaku a little slack.
Jun 30, 2008 1:57 PM

Mar 2008
Asanya said:
I like him.

I feel like he and Lelouch are heading toward similar goals, but in completely different ways. Suzaku wants to do it the 'legal way', while Zero wants to burst in, take control and do it his way.

Suzaku also really hasn't done anything that bad. Sure, he's done some things that would make him seem like a traitor, but he's just doing what he feels is right. How can you knock a guy for standing by his beliefs?

If Lelouch can be responsible for the slaughtering of thousands of Japanese people and still be well liked, I think we can cut Suzaku a little slack.

hear, hear.

For once, I get to see posts that are not hate-filled for our second antihero.
Jun 30, 2008 3:57 PM
Mar 2008
Not even going to start about why I don't understand how so many people hate him, after reading a bit of this thread I still don't get it.
Suzaku is arguably the most interesting character in the show, and the 'faults' that have been described just emphasize that. Do you people not realize how similar him and Lelouch are? Both of their methods are flawed, neither is wholly right or wrong, and they have the same common goals, at least in S1. From ep1 he was instantly endearing and my love for him just grew since then. I love you, Suzaku, even if you are a grumpy bastard right now.

[Plus, he's always in the top 20 in character polls, I don't see how Western fandom doesn't get it.]
Jun 30, 2008 8:00 PM

Oct 2007
Asanya said:
I like him.

Well said :)
Jun 30, 2008 8:19 PM
Mar 2008
I don't really like him but there isn't really a reason for me to hate him. He did nothing wrong, he just wanted to make change from the inside out. Which is futile but the I guess moral thing to do? Lulu is a siscom and seems like he could really give a crap about the Japanese to get to his goal. Really I just care about the women they're hot. The end.
Jul 23, 2008 5:26 AM
Jul 2008
He's trying to do it the LEGAL way from INSIDE the SYSTEM?
I think LEGAL and INSIDE LAW AND ORDER went out of the window when he MURDERED the legal leader of Japan, his own father, the prime minister and the LEADER OF THE DEMOCRATIC SYSTEM HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE LOYAL TO. He's a nonsensical bastard who protects the ones who charge into Japanese slums and massacre civilians on the notion that he can change things from the inside, which he is too busy fighting to do. And even if he had time he could do nothing, it would all depend on people like Euphemia, because Britannian society doesn't give a shit what he thinks.
I know he's under a Geass but the fact that he defends his actions means he's taken them on himself, logically, in his line of reasoning, which is deeply flawed and morally repulsive. Whether he knows or not he should atone for killing his father by supporting the rebellion, not fighting it.
He is the perfect example of the more benevolent end result of humanism. A giant carebear protecting the murderers of the world from the enraged masses.

I hate him with the fire of a thousand burning suns.

Lelouch is completely different. His morals and goals are coherent. As far as possible he will not sacrifice on the means to achieve the ends, he will not commit atrocities and he makes mistakes occasionally and can be selfish (Nunnally) but he is the ideal of a virtuous resistance fighter.

Suzaku's worldview only makes sense if the genocidal racist bastard of the Britannian empire are supermen who can never be beat. Only THAT would make it sensible to never try to stop them even when they massacre your loved ones and fellow citizens in the name of Social Darwinism!
VoireeMisalloJul 23, 2008 5:33 AM
Jul 23, 2008 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
VoireeMisallo said:
Lelouch is completely different. His morals and goals are coherent. As far as possible he will not sacrifice on the means to achieve the ends, he will not commit atrocities and he makes mistakes occasionally and can be selfish (Nunnally) but he is the ideal of a virtuous resistance fighter.

lol wut?
Jul 23, 2008 3:22 PM

Mar 2008
I liked Suzaku in R1, but all he seems to do in R2 is make me dislike him more and more. If he had used that refrain on Kallen in episode 15 he would of been dead to me. He did redeem himself a little in my eyes by not using it. I voted for the second one down from the top.

Jul 23, 2008 6:06 PM

Jul 2008
I don't like him, but I don't hate him either.
Jul 23, 2008 6:18 PM
Aug 2007
Well..... I hate Suzaku and for all hes doing, standing in Zero's way, selling his best friend 2 gain a higher status, etc.

Look one of the biggest reasons Suzaku rlly hates lulu is bcuz of Euphie's death. Of course from his point of view he would b furious but if he ever knew lulu's side(the first person he luved in a romantic way was Euphie, he supported her proposal about the japan thing, he geassed her unintentionally) I think he might have still been Lulu's friend but if he hears his story now its pretty much hopeless -__-. Suzaku rite now is only being used as usual and he accepts that w.e.. His excuse about changing from within is stupid. His attitude has completely changed from season 1 and is now one of those characters that have solid feelings and hardly show happiness. I can understand while hes like that but man wtf ur whole personality has changed cuz of the event. Lulu lost Shirley and was 10x sad as Suzaku was when Euphie died and lulu was betrayed by his best friend, Lulu is nearly going 2 lose his sister, Lulu has a fake brother, Lulu is nearly about 2 lose his whole Order as of rite now, Lulu has found out that the man he wanted 2 kill all these years cant be killed as of now(unless he finds a way), Lulu's mother was killed by his father who also threw him out, . U dont see Lulu acting all emo tho many times he let his anger get the best of him but Suzaku as of now is acting all serious and no more Mr. Smiley Justice guy anymore. He fuels his anger towards Lulu which has changed his whole personality. Lulu has fuel for his anger but still remains himself. That is one of the biggest reasons I really dont like Suzaku but his reasons for his actions MAY be understandable but as of rite now I still ahte him and the only way I think I might start liking him again if he hates lulu less tho i doubt that'll ever happen
deli53Jul 23, 2008 6:26 PM
Jul 23, 2008 6:19 PM

Jun 2008
die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~
Aug 24, 2008 4:22 PM

Apr 2008
I go back and forth on Suzaku. Sometimes I like him and sometimes I don't. Lelouch has always been my fave. I just like the way Suzaku is drawn and when he's being a normal kid. When he starts with all the military stuff, I really hate him.
Aug 25, 2008 1:37 AM

Jul 2008
Dude. He's frellin awesome.
Aug 25, 2008 7:01 PM
Dec 2007
You know, who would, in all honesty, believe Lulu's side in the "Princes Euphemia" incident? You are just gonna believe he made a "joke" order and ended up geassing her for real? When that Geass order ended up leading to the Black Rebellion incident, which could have lead to the collapse of Area 11 and the victory of the Black Knights? Yeah, right...I'm totally on Lulu's side here. *rolleyes* We know because we saw it, but if Suzaku had believed that lame "excuse", I would have yelled foul.

Suzaku is too idealistic and naive, but he's far more humane than Lelouch. Lulu is just selfish, period, he's just in a personal war against his dad.

Just a little comment about Suzaku killing his father. Japan addopted a kamikaze strategy at the very end of the war. It means, they were gonna fight until the very last japanese was dead. This would have meant more blood spilt on a "lost" fight, and the possibility of the war dragging out further, and external countries like the Chinese Federation and Europe involving themselves in the fight and then taking their piece of the spoils of war. Basically, japan was lost no matter what, so better to surrender there with no more losses than sacrifice more innocent lives. That's the reasoning behind him murdering his father.

Aug 25, 2008 9:08 PM

Feb 2008
Suzaku? More like GARzaku.

Sep 6, 2008 10:45 AM

Aug 2007
I liked him till Euphy died >__>

Then I hated him, because he just became an annoying Lelouch hater, who made me mad. >.>

After seeing one of my recent episodes, I didn't hate him as much, because what happen at that shrine thing seemed like an accident.
Sep 7, 2008 9:21 AM

Jun 2008
I'm indifferent about the character. However, seeing him find new ways to become a bigger "douche bag" every week, is always entertaining.
Sep 8, 2008 10:50 PM

Aug 2008
I hated this guy, Really hated him, Most of the time I though he is an idealist, But I sort of liked him-a little- when he joined Lelouch.
Dec 28, 2008 8:41 AM

Dec 2008
Hmm.. I'm not sure. I like him but I don't like him much (but not hate..)
His goal is similar to Lelouch but in another way.
Jan 4, 2009 2:00 PM
Dec 2008
In the first episode he was ok.
Then i hated him because he was trying to stop lelouch.
Then i liked him again when he was working with lelouch.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

436 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:47 PM

» Kallen's future after ending

Arminken - Apr 26

5 by Arminken »»
Apr 26, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.