Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 17, 2008 1:02 PM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
damn , Lucky Alto is Lucky . He got the first seat to see Sheryl's Dangos .
Ranka is auditioning for Miss Macross Frontier , I keep getting Deja vu , not that it's bad. ^^'
I see a red Quimeliquola Queadluun-Rau Battle Suit in the preview of the next episode , so I guess it's going to be Alto's training + Miss Macross .

(made by MistaCloudStrife ^^)
Apr 17, 2008 2:50 PM

Nov 2007
kurotsuki said:
He got the first seat to see Sheryl's Dangos.

Oh god lol, it would be hilarious if dangos were inside the box.

I never watched any of the Macross series before, but this was not a bad episode. The buns made me LOL though. Ranka is moe on several levels.
\
Apr 17, 2008 3:55 PM

Oct 2007

Entertaining episode but not as good as the first 2, will score it as a 4 probably, waiting on subs for final score.

kurotsuki are you Samanosuke on Suki?
Apr 17, 2008 4:27 PM

Mar 2007
Westlo said:

kurotsuki are you Samanosuke on Suki?

indeed i am.

(made by MistaCloudStrife ^^)
Apr 17, 2008 5:00 PM

Feb 2008
where did u find the episode?
Apr 17, 2008 5:09 PM

Oct 2007
We are watching the raw, can get it from http://www.tokyotosho.com/
Apr 17, 2008 6:42 PM

Feb 2008
thanks
Apr 18, 2008 8:41 AM

Nov 2007
Nice episode... yeah.. dang Alto is a lucky guy :)
Never seen the prequel series but this anime is surely some good stuff!

FadedWolf19 said:
where did u find the episode?

just go for Share, they're direct and faster XD

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Apr 19, 2008 5:52 PM

Dec 2007
good episode... lol'd at the innuendos

Love Triangle starting to form... but i support Altoh/Ranka
Apr 19, 2008 5:55 PM

Oct 2007
lol @ Sheryl

Sheryl - "Oh yes. I'll forgive you if you want to keep it in mind so you have something for tonight."
Apr 19, 2008 7:28 PM

Dec 2007
Westlo said:
lol @ Sheryl

Sheryl - "Oh yes. I'll forgive you if you want to keep it in mind so you have something for tonight."

yeah haha that qoute make the whole episode

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Apr 19, 2008 8:10 PM

Jan 2008
AsianQuickSilver said:
Ranka is moe on several levels.

It was overload when she was trying to pull away from Altoh's shirt, damn those squeaks were cute.

Pretty good episode, but I have to say that Altoh has been very annoying so far. I mean can he make it through any scene without yelling or clenching his fist, he is one aggressive youngster. Hopefully he will learn some discipline in the coming episodes.
Apr 19, 2008 8:41 PM

Jan 2008
lovin this series... personally, I am thoroughly enjoying every second of every episode, so nothing really wrong to talk about...
Apr 19, 2008 9:58 PM

May 2007
What did they do to the dead SMS guy from eps 1? Cryogenically frozen until they find a way to bring dead people back to life? Didn't seem like a burial.
Apr 19, 2008 10:38 PM

Nov 2007
Ranka's song was my favorite part of this episode. Yoko Kanno's still got it ^^

I agree with those who have said that Alto's been a bit annoying -- I hope he can gain some maturity now that he's joining Ozma's group. At the moment, he doesn't seem to have much motivation for fighting other than wanting to know what the Vajra are and wanting to be different from his family. I want to like the guy, but it looks like he'll need some more character development in order for that to happen.

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Apr 20, 2008 12:38 AM

Mar 2008
Yuuichi Nakamura, check. Father issues, check. Growing harem, check. Now all Alto needs is a hosed-up shoulder. Maybe he can meet a starfish-loving girl later.

By the way, am I the only one who finds Ranka uncute? She's a total moeblob of course, but she's in a show with a decidedly non-moe artstyle, and the overall impression is that Macross F is trying to ape moe bishoujo anime and doing a lackluster job of it.

Which is not to say that F can't do attractive women, since Catherine, but... Iunno, guys, maybe some things are best left to the harem comedies?
Apr 20, 2008 1:29 AM

Sep 2007
ronin said:
What did they do to the dead SMS guy from eps 1? Cryogenically frozen until they find a way to bring dead people back to life? Didn't seem like a burial.

I think they were liquifying his body for fuel? Maybe? I couldn't tell if they were being figurative or if they really were decomposing his body. Burying someone in water just seems odd...
I'd have to say I'm enjoying Macross F, though I don't think Ranka's singing is that great. Sheryl totally overshadowed her singing in the last ep, though I guess that's to be expected. Still, digging the love triangle formation. Next Episode: Training Montage.

Apr 20, 2008 7:09 AM
Dec 2007
Awesome episode for the best Macross series I've seen since Macross Plus ;) Can't wait for the next episode.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 20, 2008 8:58 AM

Jun 2007
I liked this episode and this show seems to be getting really good.
Also nice that we get some character background this early in the show.
I'll look forward to the next episode.
Apr 20, 2008 11:58 AM

Nov 2007
MaullarMaullar said:
By the way, am I the only one who finds Ranka uncute? She's a total moeblob of course, but she's in a show with a decidedly non-moe artstyle

I can't see why it is not a moe artstyle? Ranka is totally moe to me :D

[url][/url]
Apr 20, 2008 1:31 PM

Mar 2008
Still OK. I have a feeling things will get better here onwards though.
Apr 20, 2008 6:50 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I suppose Ranka is not human.....

If I remember well, she said something like that before....

And her lost memories....

Could the aliens be after her?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 20, 2008 7:01 PM
Jan 2008
haha the love triangle is basically set up in the OP song lmao "WHO"RE YOU GONNA KISS??" XD

my question is how they got gilliam's body back..because if i recall correctly...he was crushed into a pile of gore...not much body left i don't think.

lol i don't see the love between altoh and sheryl, but that's just me...maybe that's for another ep...meanwhile altohxranka! XD

what're the chances that ranka's gonna pull a sarah nome from macross zero? :P
Apr 20, 2008 11:00 PM

Nov 2007
wakka9ca said:
I suppose Ranka is not human.....

If I remember well, she said something like that before....

And her lost memories....

She is 1/4 Zentradi.

[url][/url]
Apr 20, 2008 11:12 PM

Mar 2008
so we have the classic Macross trappings, the MMM, acrobats, super packs, and singers, complete with love triangles.

Now this is hoping this won't turn into just another mindless seinen flick.
Apr 21, 2008 12:09 AM

Oct 2007
pirandomfactor said:
lol i don't see the love between altoh and sheryl, but that's just me...maybe that's for another ep...meanwhile altohxranka! XD

They have sparks flying between them, they got the classic "I can't stand this guy"/"this girls a complete bitch" thing going on just like in the original Macross between Hikaru and Hayase while Ranka is being the Minmay. Needless to say I hope it ends like Macross.

Apr 21, 2008 6:26 AM

Mar 2008
I vote for Ranka though :(

Her VA, however, needs some polishing, some of the scenes just doesn't do her character justice as a moebl--I mean, as a part of the Macross Love Trio

and will we get a surprise appearance by Midou Ban Basara Nekki?
Apr 21, 2008 10:32 AM

Nov 2007
LAH-Foton said:
I vote for Ranka though :(

Same here !

[url][/url]
Apr 21, 2008 10:41 AM

Oct 2007
Good thing past Macross experiences show that Kawamori doesn't care what the majority think. I highly doubt that at any stage Hayase was more popular than Minmei especially since she was a bitch to Hikaru at the start (who's that remind you of?)
Apr 21, 2008 1:15 PM
Sep 2007
really enjoying macross F a lot, and more with each episode.
im curious why the vajra want ranka, and i bet the song plays a role in there.
but for now: need next ep nao x.x
Apr 21, 2008 10:33 PM

Mar 2008
[offtopic]

[/offtopic]

What does Deculture mean anyway? Something related to Protoculture?
Apr 21, 2008 10:44 PM

Mar 2007
Nice episode :) I still love the music. It's interesting how this series echoes the original one. The scene with them locked in the shelter thing reminded me a bit of Hikaru and Minmei in DYRL trapped after that battle (minus the floating shower scene ^_^;). I like the contrast in attitude of Minmei/Ranka all dependent on Hikaru/Alto, and Sheryl saying screw this, I'm not gonna die here :)

I also like how San Francisco-ish the city is :D Lots of familiar buildings ^^
Apr 22, 2008 7:10 AM

Mar 2008
wakka9ca said:

It looks like it too me. When they first appeared in the first episode her"brother" did say they have finally come Ranka when he launched.

And the first thing the Alien did when it saw Ranka was too try and get to her. So i think there is a connection between Ranka and the Aliens.

The first think that came to my mind when i saw battle in the second episode where the Viretech lost it´s arms was Macross. And it gave me a flashback again when they got trapped in that shelter.

If they continue to use portions of the original Macross story i really hope that Sheryl have the Minmay part. Arrogant, childish and stupid really don´t fit Ranka at all. I hope that she get´s together with Altoh.

LAH-Foton said:
and will we get a surprise appearance by Midou Ban Basara Nekki?

I really doubt that, this is a completely different fleet in a different sector. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if he showed up. But, this is not a enemy they defeat with songs. So if he shows up he would just be useless.

Apr 22, 2008 7:50 AM

Mar 2008
lo Any.

Ranka did say she's 1/4th Zentran, does that have anything to do with anything?

offtopic, VF-25 is the sexiest aircraft next to SV-51; it's actually even better than YF-19, but I can see some parts in common between them, though I can't resist also comparing it to SV-51.
Apr 22, 2008 10:13 AM

Apr 2008
I was a quite good episode, but what I don't really understand is why they have to copy all things from the Macross series. I mean, come on you don't have to take everything, like now. . . a Miss Macross contest?

Another thing that bothers me, is that Skull Squadron is Rick's personall squadron. Right? And the fleet is heading towards the center of universum, right? Then why haven't we seen Rick and Misa yet?

Apr 22, 2008 10:13 PM

Oct 2007
It's Hikura not Rick and Skull suaron is not just Hikaru's squadron. it's a common name the entire fleet over. For all the people whining about it copying the original the result of Miss Macross should shut you up.
Apr 23, 2008 12:56 AM

Mar 2008
LAH-Foton said:
lo Any.

Ranka did say she's 1/4th Zentran, does that have anything to do with anything?

Nah, i really doubt that. After the war was over most of the population was Zentrandi and Meltrandi, so i would believe that a great deal of the people in the fleets are part Zentran.

So the aliens should have gone after a lot more people than poor Ranka. There is something else that she have that attracts the Aliens.

Maybe it have something to do with the song she remember.

Hakazu said:
Another thing that bothers me, is that Skull Squadron is Rick's personall squadron. Right? And the fleet is heading towards the center of universum, right? Then why haven't we seen Rick and Misa yet?

Skull squadron was under Hikaru in the late half of DYRL, but it wasn't something he made. It was a Elite Squadron with some of the best pilots on Macross. So it´s just Natural that every fleet would have it.

The fleets is heading everywhere, so this fleet doesn't have to be heading the same way that the Fleet Hikaru and Misa was in.

Apr 23, 2008 1:13 AM

Feb 2008
Lucky Altoh xD
Another awesome episode, this anime just keeps getting better. Can't wait for the next one :D
Apr 23, 2008 1:58 AM

Mar 2008
Roy Focker's Squadron in Macross Zero was also Skull Squadron.

Let's just say that Skull Squadron is widely used in Macrossverse ^^
Apr 23, 2008 9:16 AM

Sep 2007
Reminds me why I love Yoko Kanno's works <3
Apr 23, 2008 9:43 AM

Apr 2008
One of the things that was good about the non-mecha side of the original Macross was the likeablenes of the main heroines, but I don't see that anywhere here. This series so far is a decent mecha show in its own right but as a Macross title its going to end up like the trash 7 was.
Apr 23, 2008 11:45 AM

Mar 2007
Acinonyx said:
One of the things that was good about the non-mecha side of the original Macross was the likeablenes of the main heroines, but I don't see that anywhere here. This series so far is a decent mecha show in its own right but as a Macross title its going to end up like the trash 7 was.

And here I thought people generally hated Minmei, lol :D I guess it's just me ^_^ I don't mind either girl in this series so far, though I think I like Sheryl a little bit more. But it's early, and they have plenty of time to develop.
Apr 25, 2008 3:05 PM

Aug 2007
Hmmm Anyone knows the name of the Song Ranka sings when she is on top of the building with Altoh? I mean the Piano Sheet or even the music itself. I think the instrumental part is amazing :)
Apr 25, 2008 3:52 PM

Oct 2007
It's called Aimo, it was also the first ED theme but with different music. Expect it and the second Sheryl song from her concert to be on the first OST which is out in June.
Apr 25, 2008 10:23 PM

Mar 2008
I half expects the final battle to be sung with Iteza Gogo Kuji Don't Be Late ^^

That song is seriously super catchy. Yoko Kanno ftw. Both that and Triangular.
May 2, 2008 3:32 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Great episode, I'm really enjoying this. Great animation, catching music, and subbed by Menclave. Loving it.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 2, 2008 9:34 PM

Nov 2007
Hope Menclave catch up to the other fansubs :D

[url][/url]
May 8, 2008 4:16 PM
Feb 2008
Awesome awesome episode. Really loving every moment of this show so far. And it feels SO GOOD to have a Macross series back on air.

Aug 5, 2008 5:25 AM

Apr 2007
Ranka <333. Green haired loli's ftw.

I'm loving this so far.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2008 7:17 AM

Nov 2007
I must say I agree with you :>

[url][/url]
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross F Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - Aug 1, 2008

60 by Dzentelmen2 »»
Oct 12, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

darkside099 - Jul 4, 2008

72 by sserpens »»
Mar 27, 2023 6:08 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 11, 2008

98 by catfay »»
Feb 21, 2023 3:22 PM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - May 15, 2008

72 by Antanaru »»
Dec 31, 2022 11:36 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Aug 21, 2008

123 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Nov 19, 2022 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.