Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Demon Sword Master of Excalibur Academy (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2023 11:05 AM

Jul 2017
ABEMA Premium weekly early release.

Monsters come wrecking in Leonis's past life when he was 12, and being a hero then, it defintely shows as compared to the travesty now.

A call from Elfine has the higher-ups worry that the UK6402 Void beneath 7th Assault Garden hides its presence quite well due to the design of the aircraft, and it's hoping that they don't need to deal with a large entity. As both Leonis and Riselia are away at the orphanage, things take a dark turn as the possible void Lord may be accessing valuable information that can put the entire aircraft on jeopardy.

As 7th Assault Garden turns into defense mode from the indefinite Void Stampede, the Holy Swordsmen are also ready, as much as both Leo and Riselia to defend the Garden. Even as Leo tries to use his Demon Lord powers, being in his human state severely cuts his potential...and the Void certainly knows him...one of the old members of his party: Arakael Deongradis.

Yelp...this episode is just a snoozefest, a set-up for the action incoming.
KANLen09Nov 23, 2023 12:46 AM
Oct 23, 2023 12:48 PM

Mar 2021
Only here to make the obligatory "ArE yOu SuRe It'S 5tH ePiSoDe? I cAn OnLy FiNd 4 EpIsOdEs" coz I definitely cannot see the "Abema Premium weekly early release" in Bold at the start of the #1 comment.
Oct 23, 2023 1:06 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to V1P3R0P
Only here to make the obligatory "ArE yOu SuRe It'S 5tH ePiSoDe? I cAn OnLy FiNd 4 EpIsOdEs" coz I definitely cannot see the "Abema Premium weekly early release" in Bold at the start of the #1 comment.
@V1P3R0P yes the episode 5 is relased today in raw in japan in other parts of world the next Monday is sub Spanish and english fot platform streaming of hivide
Oct 23, 2023 1:17 PM
Aug 2018
@V1P3R0P a ok I'm sorry
Oct 23, 2023 9:19 PM
Jul 2023
ohhhhhh okay. thanks for clarifying that. several of the shows that I am currently watching this season, people keep putting out that episodes are out ahead of what I am seeing. I was wondering why 😂🙏🤝
Oct 24, 2023 10:43 AM
Jul 2021
thanks for spoilers
Oct 25, 2023 6:26 PM
Oct 2023
the story is interesting 😊. It's like fantasy and adventure. I hope to continue the episode later
Oct 27, 2023 3:19 AM
Jan 2021
Quite shocked that I saw ep 5 at 9anime with endligh sub so I watched it right away before it gets removed again.
Oct 28, 2023 1:38 AM

Oct 2020
The story here is just as meh as "Strike the Blood"
STB has tons of fanservice to compensate for it's lack of good plot though
This one literally has nothing

It's either competent writing or fanservice
The show can't be good without at least one of them
MoistGalOct 28, 2023 1:41 AM
Oct 28, 2023 10:20 AM
Sep 2021
The voids are attacking the city severely and have also kidnapped riselia now it's up to leonis to save them all.
Oct 28, 2023 6:43 PM
Feb 2023
I literally don't like this anime. It has no plot. Only its 1st episode was good when I saw demon king . Rest episode had literally no plot and story.
Oct 30, 2023 10:36 AM
Sep 2015
The defense mechanism of the fortress "was" well-designed, was...
Oct 30, 2023 10:48 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to MoistGal

@MoistGal I agree with you about STB, however the only difference with SGMT is that it has a good plot and some or very little fanservice.
Oct 30, 2023 11:47 AM

Oct 2022
This whole entire episode was just yapping, not very epic.
When a pancake lover does something: "Outrageous vicious crime"

When a waffle lover does something: "That means it is not illegal"

Quotes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_HIM667Do&t=2822s
Oct 30, 2023 1:57 PM

Oct 2017
Everything seemed peaceful so far but suddenly the city's swarming with voids. From the looks of it the voids are creatures/people from the past? How did they turn into void.
Oct 30, 2023 2:41 PM

Dec 2018
The action was really tame, wasn't feeling the animation. Still, so far the world building is cool so it's got that going for it.
Oct 30, 2023 2:42 PM

Dec 2018
Reply to MegamiRem
Everything seemed peaceful so far but suddenly the city's swarming with voids. From the looks of it the voids are creatures/people from the past? How did they turn into void.
@MegamiRem maybe it has something to do with human technology warping/evolving them.
Oct 30, 2023 3:18 PM

Feb 2019
MoistGal said:

STB has a good plot tho? And a very detailed world
Oct 30, 2023 3:20 PM

Feb 2019
It never fails to amaze me how many people continue watching a show they think is bland or don’t like. It’s episode 5 of a 12 ep series. If you don’t like it at this point, you probably won’t. It’s ok to let it go.

Another solid episode with some funny moments between Leo and the girls. Honestly would’ve made sense to get that flashback scene last week during the ambush episode, though. I do feel like a lot of the dialogue could’ve been cut and the action skipped to because it dragged at times. Still, a solid episode
Oct 30, 2023 4:07 PM

Oct 2022
This show is so utterly tedious... so a very corny scene with Leo as a young 'hero' slaying really dumb and cliche low-effort monsters at a medieval town... remind me again why is he a "demon lord" if he's a hero? Then we go back in time to 2085 where it's always the 80s inside the spaceship control room with old guys and pretty young women arguing over "the voids". Which dragged on and on and ON like the last time.
Oh god those horrible CGI bats! But of course the futuristic civilization needs to be saved by cute teenage girls with speshul powers... this thing is like a pile of bad cliches piled on top of each other. I feel like I've said this before. What was it with those fat kids eating at the table? And then there's a cgi hydra.. was this written by a 5 year old
And then to tie it all together (pun intended)- TENTACLES
SuperAdventureOct 30, 2023 4:11 PM
Oct 30, 2023 7:42 PM
Apr 2021
I like that the anime has given enough screen time for the military aspect side how the higher-ups deal with this kind of situation, all characters there are very competent and reminded I was like watching an episode from a Gundam series.

Also, MAL people are always complaining it's a snooze fest with lots of talking. Typical Gen-Z rotting brains.
Oct 30, 2023 8:23 PM

May 2019
So there was another flashback with Leonis before he got murdered and it showed him as a strong young kid and with an ominous warning from the older guy that Leonis' strength will be his undoing.

Back to the present time for this series, the voids have attacked the power plant and a stampede has taken place. Even though the voids were mostly CG I thought they looked good and both Riselia and Leonis showed some impressive combat moves. I liked the brief comedic Shary moment and even Blackus showed up to help Leonis.

Riselia has been kidnapped and one of the voids recognizes Leonis so it looks like the voids were monsters from Leonis' earlier life.
Oct 30, 2023 11:50 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
That battle with the void lord and the stampede was very interesting, leaving us with a very intriguing cliffhanger. However, if the designs and animations are gorgeous (especially the girls), why was this battle so poorly animated and with such a low framerate? Other than that, good episode.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Oct 31, 2023 12:44 AM

Aug 2013
So Bad.
- It was unnecessary to make the general incompetent to make Elfine a "genius" just for the Stampede to happen.
- The lack of Holy Sword user as the military is very off. Makes no sense for the humongous Holy Sword academy to exist, but no one is utilized as part of their military.
- Selia should be the least in shock that Leonis is that powerful. He literally resurrected her ffs.
- The Leonis flashback fight and Sakuya fight was too stiff. The animation couldn't keep up

But I still really like the donut maid servant, and Leonis still carry the show for me
Oct 31, 2023 8:37 AM
Apr 2013
EP 5

The pacing is very slow now, like if anything it feels like its getting slower. I wont be surprised if this takes until ep 7 to wrap up, or maybe they'll just split it into half with ep 6.

Its funny how the preview makes every episode look bombastic, but what we actually get is uhh. Seems like some stuff will be happening next ep for sure, surprising or otherwise.

EDIT: Just a random thing I noticed, the girl tessera has an interesting voice

Ok, I was wondering why shary's voice actor seemed so familiar but I've actually seen her before. Long time ago
CocoaGalaxyNov 3, 2023 3:38 AM
Oct 31, 2023 4:58 PM
Jan 2023
Not bad so far, I do like the way they are introducing the different types of voids here, and the main city transforming and being able to defend itself is pretty awesome too.

Seems that old guy from the flashback is the plant in the current timeline. That cliff hanger was a bit mean though.
Oct 31, 2023 9:05 PM
Jan 2015
Got board of the long buildup
Nov 2, 2023 1:56 AM
Apr 2018
main charracter reaction is too slow and this make me uncomfortable
Nov 3, 2023 4:05 AM

Oct 2020
Reply to Marinate1016
MoistGal said:

STB has a good plot tho? And a very detailed world
@Marinate1016 The beginning of STB can probably be considered good plot, but by the end it just fizzled out. Maybe it wasn't bad per se - It just became incredibly disheveled, disorganized and what little continuity it had in the previous season was lost.
Nov 3, 2023 4:06 AM

Feb 2019
MoistGal said:
@Marinate1016 The beginning of STB can probably be considered good plot, but by the end it just fizzled out. Maybe it wasn't bad per se - It just became incredibly disheveled, disorganized and what little continuity it had in the previous season was lost.

I can agree with it becoming a little hard to follow down the stretch.
Nov 3, 2023 10:06 PM

Feb 2019
it didn't start to get interesting until Leo started using level 10 magic
Nov 4, 2023 10:19 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to MoistGal

@MoistGal Not only that, some characters are at least amusing, they have some kind of quirk that makes you enjoy it somehow, outside the fanservice.

I m very disappointed with this series, the designs are so good, I expected Selia to be way more spicy of teasing, not to have such a bland personality to herself, I dont mind tropes as long as their work, no character in this anime is interesting to watch so far, no girl I want to ship with the MC, in fact the other girls are even WORST than Selia.

Disappointment, I expected it to at least be enjoyable, the only thing that I want to know is the origin of the Voids, how that relates to the MC's past, and what happened from then to now.
I m sure he is assembling his harem, but there is not a single girl to spike my interest... this has to be one of the least exciting harem casts I have seen for a good GOOD, LOOOONG while.
Pity, these designs are good, especially Selia.

I will finish the anime for sure, but I was looking to read the LN eventually, but now that I have an idea of the leads... I will eat the same plot told for the 1000's time with something just barely different to not be a 100% carbon copy, as long as it amuses me in the least, this is just, BORING.

If I had to rate it so far, would easily be a 5/10, it is not doing anything bad or that makes me hate or extremely dislike but damm this snoozefest.
Nov 4, 2023 10:25 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to Marinate1016
It never fails to amaze me how many people continue watching a show they think is bland or don’t like. It’s episode 5 of a 12 ep series. If you don’t like it at this point, you probably won’t. It’s ok to let it go.

Another solid episode with some funny moments between Leo and the girls. Honestly would’ve made sense to get that flashback scene last week during the ambush episode, though. I do feel like a lot of the dialogue could’ve been cut and the action skipped to because it dragged at times. Still, a solid episode
@Marinate1016 I loath to drop stuff, must not be the sole one for sure. Besides people like to have something to hate to comment.
I dont hate this show, just expected it to be more interesting, major disappointment, doesn't mean I will drop it, and I will probably bitch about it the next time I comment to, but since it disappointed me so much already, won't be easy to make it worst, so I won't have such a negative reaction again.
And hopefully it will get better by the end, but seriously this anime would immediatly become way better if Selia was more a tease, and when you look to her design and see the novel illustrations, you would think she would be that. Damm pity.
Nov 4, 2023 10:55 AM

Feb 2019
Playcool said:
@Marinate1016 I loath to drop stuff, must not be the sole one for sure. Besides people like to have something to hate to comment.
I dont hate this show, just expected it to be more interesting, major disappointment, doesn't mean I will drop it, and I will probably bitch about it the next time I comment to, but since it disappointed me so much already, won't be easy to make it worst, so I won't have such a negative reaction again.
And hopefully it will get better by the end, but seriously this anime would immediatly become way better if Selia was more a tease, and when you look to her design and see the novel illustrations, you would think she would be that. Damm pity.

I can agree with you on needing more fanservice.
Nov 4, 2023 8:38 PM

Feb 2015
This is getting worse and worse I think a pair of tits could fix it
Nov 5, 2023 8:13 AM

Jun 2015
One simply does not kidnap best girl and expect to get away with it
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 5, 2023 8:18 AM

Jun 2015
Reply to Nicoman-
This is getting worse and worse I think a pair of tits could fix it
@Nicoman- Your pretty boring, you wont accept msg or even friend request. Tits fix all you arrogant....
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 6, 2023 7:57 PM
Oct 2023
Reply to mondrake
I like that the anime has given enough screen time for the military aspect side how the higher-ups deal with this kind of situation, all characters there are very competent and reminded I was like watching an episode from a Gundam series.

Also, MAL people are always complaining it's a snooze fest with lots of talking. Typical Gen-Z rotting brains.
@mondrake
The problem is, Anime like this can be done better....

Like the first 5 episodes of Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha had a more compelling and gripping plot, more interesting characters, the stakes feels high even though the MC is overpowered, and the entire progression of the story feels more fluid, fast-paced and more entertaining.

In comparison, the entire 5 episodes of this show is too freaking long with the introductory exposition, and characters feels they lack depth(except for the MC and his old GF Roselia) compared to Maou Gakuin...
Nov 11, 2023 4:57 AM

May 2021
NGL this anime's kinda epic, and nice buildup man, I could actually feel the tension rising. And daym isn't that cool that the city's headquarters or whatsthatcalled equipped with guns firing at void fleet?! EPICO FR.
If you choose to do only what you know, you'll never experience the joy of being able to do something you couldn't before.
Nov 13, 2023 7:51 AM
Nov 2022
Finally there is a fight...

The maid>>>>>>all the other girls.
Nov 27, 2023 5:10 AM
Jun 2012
Shary didn't have near enough screentime.

They are neglecting best girl and her donut slice of life career.
Jan 5, 12:38 AM
Dec 2023
Episode 5 was good
Jan 10, 2:08 PM

Feb 2012
One of the enemies Leonis made in his young years as a brave hero, now a void. The connections from his era to Roselia's era are appearing.
It's Tokyo-3! lol
Noooo his waifu, bad tentacle roots

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 30, 6:02 AM

Aug 2014
Nice episode, but I dislike tentacle (tree roots). Come on.. tentacles on girl in 2023? wtf are we back in 2000?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Mar 19, 10:02 AM
Jun 2022
That Creepy Old Man Is Now A Tree , What A Joke.

More topics from this board

» Did the anime ruin the ecchi?

PunGood020 - Jan 10

13 by MadanielFL »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Seiken Gakuin no Makentsukai Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2023

32 by MadanielFL »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Seiken Gakuin no Makentsukai Episode 7 Discussion

DoisacChopper - Nov 7, 2023

21 by MadanielFL »»
May 1, 6:38 PM

Poll: » Seiken Gakuin no Makentsukai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2023

71 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Apr 26, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Seiken Gakuin no Makentsukai Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Nov 13, 2023

23 by AIHOSHINO2012 »»
Apr 2, 4:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.