Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 20, 2010 3:50 PM

Dec 2008
It surprises me how useless Chizuru is in a fight but still manage to eavesdrop all the time. I mean, come on, you jump between some thugs and a girl but all you can do is blink with your eyes?! It was like she was waiting on Saito to save her.
May 20, 2010 4:01 PM

Dec 2009
Mirlaine said:
Ri-ri said:
I am actually more excited to watch the next ep!!! In the preview, it mentioned something like dressing Chizuru as a girl, so may be we will finally get to see her wearing womens clothing next time !!!!!!!!!

Thanks for telling me that, I am REALLY REALLY excited now! Only two more days to go!

Hinata020 said:
It starting to really annoy me how useless Chizuru is. She can't protect herself what so ever, not even against the brashest, most discipline-less samurai in the village. She doesn't know medicine despite being raised by her father who was a doctor. All she can do is lurk around, clean dishes, and stick her head into fights she cannot begin to tackle. :|

Well, it is true that she is kind of "useless" in a way, but the thing is, most of the women were like that back then,right? I mean, not allow to interfere with mens business, and staying at home all the time, taking care of the house, doing cleaning work and staff, It's totally normal for a girl to not good at fighting too, right?(she is not trained to be a shinobi or something) I think we can't really blame her for being useless ... at least she is trying her best to be helpful...I think :)

About the the" stick her head into fights she cannot begin to tackle" part, well, I kind of agree with you ...

P.S I am not really a Chizuru fan . I think she is OK and better than those typical whinny babies in the shoujo manga series.
-Riri-May 20, 2010 4:50 PM
Have Questions about Another(eg the cause of the Calamity ?the clues about the Another? etc)?
Join the Another Q&A Club now and find your answers there!

May 20, 2010 4:56 PM

May 2009
-Riri- said:

P.S I am not really a Chizuru fan . I think she is OK and better than those typical whinny babies in the shoujo manga series.

Isn't she the same? She faints every time something more exciting than washing laundry happens... It's stereotypical female reverse-harem lead behavior :/ And the reason why sometimes I have enough of these kinda animes, they need stronger females, like Haruhi from Ouran~
May 20, 2010 5:24 PM

Dec 2009
EnkoKasumi said:
-Riri- said:

Isn't she the same? She faints every time something more exciting than washing laundry happens... It's stereotypical female reverse-harem lead behavior :/ And the reason why sometimes I have enough of these kinda animes, they need stronger females, like Haruhi from Ouran~

As I said , she is OK, I didn't say she is awesome or anything, and it is true that many reverse-harem female leads are like that , but at least I think she is better than those whinny kind. personally, I would rather have a quiet and weak female than have a whinny and annoying one...

and me too, I prefer the strong and independent kind of female leads ~ ^___^
Have Questions about Another(eg the cause of the Calamity ?the clues about the Another? etc)?

May 20, 2010 8:29 PM

May 2010
EnkoKasumi said:
-Riri- said:

I think that Chizuru would need to be like something along the lines of Maka from Soul Eater. It would make much more of a story if she actually put up a fight and helped the shinsengumi. In a way, she's actually dragging them down by having them protect her. Plus, the way she acts is just typical shoujo manga girl behavior. The guys come to rescue her, and all she can say is.."Everyone, thank you!" *cue happy stupid face*
May 20, 2010 10:43 PM

Dec 2009
BrokenGlassDolls said:
-Riri- said:
EnkoKasumi said:
-Riri- said:

As I said , she is OK, I didn't say she is awesome or anything, and it is true that many reverse-harem female leads are like that , but at least I think she is better than those whinny kind. personally, I would rather have a quiet and weak female than have a whinny and annoying one...

and me too, I prefer the strong and independent kind of female leads ~ ^___^

I think that Chizuru would need to be like something along the lines of Maka from Soul Eater. It would make much more of a story if she actually put up a fight and helped the shinsengumi. In a way, she's actually dragging them down by having them protect her. Plus, the way she acts is just typical shoujo manga girl behavior. The guys come to rescue her, and all she can say is.."Everyone, thank you!" *cue happy stupid face*

May be I didn't make myself clear in my previous post...^^;

OK, I know she is the typical female lead kind, but for me, I think the `` typical quiet & weak type`` is better than the ``typical whiny & annoying type``.(and trust me, I ve seen many shoujo female leads who are much more useless and annoying than Chizuru)

I know it would be better if Chizuru could fight, but please do remember that , she is just an ordinary girl, so we really can't expect an ordinary girl suddenly turns into a shinobi/ samurai like person over night, and then fights alongside with the Shinsengumi and fights like those well-trained people who have been trained for many years, right?
Well, so my point is, I know she is not being very helpful at the moment (and hopefully, she will become a bit more useful…
), but at least she is trying her best to be helpful, and not whining like those whiny kind of female leads….so we shouldn't always blame her for being " ordinary" and couldn’t fight....well, that’s how I feel ^______^
-Riri-May 20, 2010 10:47 PM

May 20, 2010 11:49 PM

Dec 2009
About the tuberculosis.... When Okita decided he was going to stay with the Shinsengumi and not tell anyone about the disease ... wow.... He doesn't even realize that shit could kill all of them.... It's wild to think about the world before germ theory was widely known and accepted.

And Chizuru should have jumped in to help sensei with the physicals. Couldn't she have made some excuse about wanting to learn? Take some initiative already... because those fools arent :D
May 21, 2010 3:46 AM

Oct 2009
5/5 Just because of Hajime-sama *_*
May 21, 2010 4:20 AM
Jun 2008
To be honest,I have problem remember those guys name >.<
So far I only remember Sanan and Chizuru .......
May 21, 2010 6:22 AM

May 2010
doumo ^^ i'm just joined in this site a.k.a newbie here, but expert in anime LOL
Shinsengumi fans! Oh yeah! Coz of Hakuouki, Hijikata makes me more and more drolling away than Okita (yeah i used to be his fans) wkwkkwk >.<

anway about this eps 7... at the first I felt nervous the guys found out about Chizuru's secret coz Chikage said like "This is our Oni Clan's business, not your group's"
OMG please not now hehehe

I kinda hope Kaoru will appears again.. too bad. Very curious,when will Chizuru find out about him *oops not spoiler i hope hee :p*

Next eps... yes! Can't wait too!! Shimabala!!

**captured and edited by yuuya ryuichi crosszeria**

May 21, 2010 10:32 AM

Aug 2009
Ichigo_no_Hime said:
Great ep! This is going to be one of my top favorite animes, I can tell! >w<

I gotta say....this made me laugh the most:

BOOOO-YAH!!

Best scene in the whole series so far. Someone should make a gif XD

This episode was hot hot hot!!!!
May 21, 2010 1:55 PM

Apr 2009
...I facepalmed so hard at that topless scene. But then this...flex-off...happened, and I realised I'm supposed to laugh.

Sen is fishy.
Okita is going to die by the end of the series.
Chizuru is...well, still useless. Will that ever change?
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
May 21, 2010 3:57 PM

Feb 2009
The only thing missing from this episode was Hijikata topless.

May 21, 2010 3:59 PM

Jan 2010
Saito was topless. This episode is my favorite so far.

I'm glad to see this is finally moving along plot-wise. I felt so sad when Chizuru got all depressed after hearing the doctor's diagnosis on Okita. D: Call me crazy, but I like Chizuru. I mean yeah, she's kinda useless, but then again all of the guys insist that they'll protect her since this is romance and blah blah.
QueenOfAlbionMay 21, 2010 4:07 PM
May 21, 2010 4:15 PM

Jun 2008
Wish it will turn 2 b 24-26 episodes show >_< ~~
i really liked this episode .. the guys are HOT !!
the scene with sano and shinpachi was funny xD
May 22, 2010 8:38 AM

Feb 2009
SAITO YOU HOT BITCH <3
and yes, topless Hijikata and i would have locked myself in my room staring at his awesomeness while eating apple&cinnamon oatmeal cookies. ohwai-
but i'm worried... Souji might not last that long D: which i don't want to happen...ever D:
May 22, 2010 8:54 AM
Jun 2009
dunwan okita to die...he's my fav character sine he's so cynical..and i'm actually rooting for him...=(
aside from that the topless scene was @.@
hehehehehee
May 22, 2010 6:52 PM

Jan 2008
DX why is my favorite character sick...? </3
May 23, 2010 5:39 PM

Nov 2007
Tuberculosis is a serious matter.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
May 24, 2010 1:43 AM

Jul 2009
this is so gay... i can't believe i'm watching this..

i want some action >:O

~ but not a bad episode. this is finally going somewhere

3/5
May 24, 2010 9:34 AM

May 2010
I love this anime!!! Episode was great!
May 24, 2010 11:48 AM

Oct 2008
How about creating Shiranui Kyou Fanclub? :D I would most definitely join ^_^
May 25, 2010 12:49 AM

Jul 2008
just a lot of yaoi fangirl bait this episode
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
May 25, 2010 1:57 AM

Aug 2007
oh cmon 5 more eps... PICK UP THE PACE DAMMIT. ;A;
and chizuru is getting more like inoue.... ergh. be stronger!!

May 25, 2010 8:11 PM
Dec 2009
This anime is finally getting a bit interesting : )
May 25, 2010 11:30 PM

Oct 2008
kage-bunshin said:
just a lot of yaoi fangirl bait this episode

I don't like yaoi :P
vertrag said:
oh cmon 5 more eps... PICK UP THE PACE DAMMIT. ;A;

How could they do only 12 eps o_O I just don't get it. I mean, It's impossible to develop the plot, to make sth interesting happen... :/
May 28, 2010 11:44 AM

May 2008
HAH. I loved the physical exam here xD Sano and Shinpachi being all macho.

Also, I don't understand where people are getting the 'yaoi fangirl' thing from. I'm a yaoi fangirl, and I saw NOTHING yaoi related in this episode at all. Unless people are making up their own rules about what yaoi truly is, re-watch the episode and look up yaoi's definition :/ There was no yaoi. Not even shonen-ai. Oh look, guys took their shirts off and are in a room together getting a physical. YUP. LOOKS LIKE YAOI TO ME.

=A=

May 28, 2010 11:56 AM

Jan 2009
hope Okita-san will be okay, don't want him to die T__T
lol the physical exam was so hilarious xD
next episode looks very interesting, Chizuru dress up as a girl, can't wait!
May 30, 2010 12:00 PM

Apr 2010
Why does Chizuru have to be such a boring character? She ruins the show.. ._.

So.. those guys aren't humans? Cool. But why's Chizuru a weakling if she's one of them?
I'm starting to lose my interest in this anime, but since there're only 12 episode, I'm going to watch it until the end.

3/5 for this one. *moving to the next episode*

Optime olere occisum hostem!
May 30, 2010 5:07 PM

Nov 2007
fucking chizuru is getting on my nerves. how many times did she say "HAI ^_^" IN THIS EPISODE ALONE, JFC. i don't even give a flying shit about the physical examination, BUT OKIIITAAAAA. ;AAA; AHHHH.
May 30, 2010 6:50 PM

May 2009
Can't say I enjoyed the fanservice, but the posing was hilarious and reading through the comments here about it was fun. Chizuru is pretty useless, but I've pretty much gotten used to it and overall, she's fine. Someone should confiscate her sword though. Not like she's going to use it.
May 31, 2010 12:02 AM

May 2008
Expecting to die of blood lost but i was more affected by Okita scene. ;^; It was so sad, not as much as the game but still. Shinpachi and Sano were still very funny xD Can't wait for next week, Okita with hair down X3 and shimabara!!!
May 31, 2010 4:03 PM

Jan 2008
ArcticMech said:
Someone should confiscate her sword though. Not like she's going to use it.

That is so true. LOL
If they just keep her inside for cooking, doing the laundry, cleaning it would be ok...but using her in their fights? That is absurd.
A skilled fighter could tell from her moves that she is not good at swordmanship or maybe even that she is a girl.
Jun 3, 2010 9:02 AM

Dec 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
... why didn't I get to see Hijikata topless?
Jun 12, 2010 7:05 PM

Mar 2009
Somebody just fucking kill Chizuru. Goddamn.
Jun 14, 2010 9:18 PM

Feb 2009
Awesome physical!!

If he has tuberculosis shouldn't he be in quarantine?

How hard it is to kidnap one useless girl?
Jun 16, 2010 1:55 PM

Jan 2009
The physical.. LMAO. <3 Some much needed comic relief and fanservice right there.
And omg.. Souji. ; _________; /sobs. Maybe if he..
Also, how useless can Chizuru be? Srsly? LMFAO she totally butted her head into a fight but then didn't even bother drawing her sword when she was about to be attacked. :| Come on now.
Jun 24, 2010 6:17 PM

Aug 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
... why didn't I get to see Hijikata topless?

Exactly. How unfair.

Poor Okita alright. I'll kill them if he doesn't get his happy ending.
Jul 1, 2010 10:04 AM
Jul 2010
Shirtless bishounens - and You already know this episode will be good :D
But... Poor Okita-san... I feel sorry for him ;w;
Jul 6, 2010 4:06 AM

Apr 2010
Awesome episode, especially the Physical examination!
Itou seemed so pissed off that he showed off his 'body'~

Shinpachi and Sano were hilarious too, I love how Saito was all like "You're supposed to be examined in a physical, not show off."

Sheesh and was it THAT hard to kidnap that Chizuru? Tsk.
Aug 6, 2010 9:49 PM
Jan 2008
I figured they wouldn't take her just yet, there is still a bit more before the series ends. An Oni huh? I figured something like that when she healed that first time but this confirms my suspicions. Lol the examination scene was awesome! She got an eye full of hotness for sure. Who are these Bakufu people? No Okita :( Wow the ending was very informative but left me with questions. I am going to try and finish this tonight.
Sep 6, 2010 4:32 PM

Jun 2009
chizuru is Just not having any luck today lol this show is getting good second season was a smart idea.
Oct 22, 2010 11:52 AM

Dec 2008
Ahhh...the fanservice!!!!!!! *nosebleed*
Nov 22, 2010 5:50 PM

Nov 2007
It's been over a year, you'd think they would train her in using a sword so she wouldn't get scared and freeze all the time hoping someone comes to help her out.
Dec 19, 2010 8:31 PM

Feb 2010
Finally... she wasn't kidnapped. I just knew she would be rescued ugh -.-
And the fighting scenes at the begining was awesome ^^
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Sep 27, 2012 3:42 AM

Jan 2012
Demons don't give up on capturing Chizuru. Also Sanan proposes to use a demon squad?

Nov 10, 2012 1:47 PM

Sep 2012
That physical exam. Shirtless bishounens! Didn't expect Saito to have...

Someone needs to train Chizuru. Can't stand her for beiing useless most of the time. Geez.
Jun 10, 2013 1:00 PM

Mar 2013
That physical. *Q*

I wonder if the medicine would save Okita. It would, right?

Next episode looks fun.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Mar 15, 2014 11:11 AM

Jul 2012
Seven episodes in... Main girl is finally irritating me. Why does she pick fights with people but then back away whenever they start attacking? I thought before Saitou told her she has decent swordplay skills so why is she just another powerless heroine?

Also, OFC we see you're a girl. Your eyes are six times larger than a male character's...

silentknight0083 said:
It's been over a year, you'd think they would train her in using a sword so she wouldn't get scared and freeze all the time hoping someone comes to help her out.

^^^^^
May 15, 2016 4:58 PM

May 2013
I really like the ninja character design of Yamazaki *O*

he needs more screen time huehuehue C:
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Jinjos - May 1, 2010

67 by Dywei »»
Jan 27, 7:33 AM

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Plate - Apr 3, 2010

201 by abystoma2 »»
Jan 9, 1:30 AM

» * SPOIL * Am I the only one who want Chizuru dead ????

Ibuki-Ryunosuke - Sep 29, 2014

18 by Weeaboo_Bomber »»
Jan 4, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Order of watching Hakuoki?

WinnDixieX3 - Sep 21, 2014

9 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
Nov 10, 2023 2:46 PM

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 19, 2010

155 by GerardoElMagias »»
Oct 24, 2023 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.