Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 15, 2010 3:02 PM

Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
chizuru is getting good an that look in her eyes ,this anime is getting really interesting , i love it what did everyone think about the episode? and the shinsengumi cool
CUBAN CHICK#1

May 15, 2010 3:08 PM

Jun 2009
Expecting to die of blood lost but i was more affected by Okita scene. ;^; It was so sad, not as much as the game but still. Shinpachi and Sano were still very funny xD Can't wait for next week, Okita with hair down X3 and shimabara!!!

May 15, 2010 4:18 PM

Oct 2008
very conflicting episode XD i LOVE Shinpachi vs Sano with posing XD i felt sad for okita... especially when chizuru saw just how ill he was ~_~

i was shocked to see cleaning filler X3 tho that was in the game, so it wasn’t really filler X3

and i LOVED the fact that next week they end up at Shimabala X3 finally i might get to see Toshi with his hair down X3 maybe not, but i can hope it'll be like the game XD

Either way, great episode!XD SAITOU = <3 >XD
-GundamCrazy-May 16, 2010 3:13 AM

"scary thing is oni instinct''
May 15, 2010 4:46 PM

Apr 2010
SHIMABALA!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! *dances in happy circle* This episode was awesome! Can't wait for the next one. > w <
May 16, 2010 5:19 AM

Nov 2009
This episode was awesome.. but I still feel the story went very fast..

What great about Shimabala? Anyone can tell more about it??
May 16, 2010 9:27 AM
Feb 2009
Shimabara is basically a red light district -u-
May 16, 2010 2:51 PM

Jun 2009
Great ep shiinpatchi and sano were funny
and souji still spitting blood ahh cant wait for the next ep
May 17, 2010 6:55 AM
Jun 2008
Very weird...When the gold color hair guy said " since we already verify it .It is pointless the fight for now" I am confuse because I thought he already know her secret last episode and I wonder what did he identified this time.....(sigh)

Sen-chan seems to be another oblivious villain . Can't wait she reveal her secret ^^

I wonder did her father drink the elixir and now hidding his identity due to the elixir side effect.I hope I am wrong LOL
May 17, 2010 12:00 PM

Dec 2009
MorningGlory said:
Very weird...When the gold color hair guy said " since we already verify it .It is pointless the fight for now" I am confuse because I thought he already know her secret last episode and I wonder what did he identified this time.....(sigh)

Me too, I thought the same too!!!

I am actually more excited to watch the next ep!!! In the preview, it mentioned something like dressing Chizuru as a girl, so may be we will finally get to see her wearing womens clothing next time !!!!!!!!!
Have Questions about Another(eg the cause of the Calamity ?the clues about the Another? etc)?
Join the Another Q&A Club now and find your answers there!

May 18, 2010 12:59 AM
Feb 2009
Ri-ri said:
I am actually more excited to watch the next ep!!! In the preview, it mentioned something like dressing Chizuru as a girl, so may be we will finally get to see her wearing womens clothing next time !!!!!!!!!

May 18, 2010 11:07 PM

Sep 2009
chizuru dressed up as a women , finally yeah that would be great i want to hijikata face when he sees her dressed as a women

bye
CUBAN CHICK#1

May 19, 2010 12:22 AM

Dec 2007
Where can I find subs for this episode?

May 19, 2010 8:07 AM

Aug 2009
Tessa said:
Where can I find subs for this episode?

Dattebayo released the subs a few hours ago.

Great episode, things are FINALLY moving along although I have a feeling next episode it going to be more on the romance side of things than anything. I dont know why but my favourite character is Kazama. Is it just me or did Chizuru's face get rounder this episode?
May 19, 2010 11:50 AM
Mar 2010
Oo we nearing the end ~
May 19, 2010 1:49 PM

Oct 2007
Oy... my eyes. So many naked men #_#

So from my easy guess, it is fairly ok to say that this is going to be Father's side VS Daughter's side. While Kazama's side using the medicine that was completed by her father against Shinsengumi's side who is also going to use the medicine that is going to be completed by Sannan and Chizuru. And the test subject for that is going to be Souji who is about to die LOL since I don't think he is going to die.

Mirlaine said:
Ri-ri said:

So finally I can turn my fanboy on too.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 19, 2010 2:08 PM

Feb 2009
There's something fishy about that Osen-girl.

And Okita ;A;. Why o why >.<!

Also, am I the only who gets the feeling that Chizuru can't save her butt? I mean, she rushed in to save Sen-chan but when she was about to be struck by the hoodlums, she didn't even bother to draw her sword -___-
At first I was like, (╬ ಠ益ಠ)
Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(・∀・ )ノ <--- Then I was like
In the end, I was \(▽ ̄\( ̄▽ ̄)/ ̄▽)/ヤッタァー!!
May 19, 2010 2:16 PM

May 2008
This is really getting interesting. With Sen's introduction I became quite curious and we still know nothing about Kaoru.
I wonder if they really do dress up Chizuru in women's clothers. I wanna see Hijikata's expression then~~
May 19, 2010 2:40 PM

Feb 2009
Sure I knew that this was some kinda bishie show, but god damn... I think my eyes almost started bleeding for a sec there.

But so far so good I'd say, would like some more plot progression though...
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

May 19, 2010 4:09 PM

May 2010
Major upshot of this episode, I now totally would Chizuru. *cough* Not sure why it took me this long to come to this conclusion, but come to it I have. Though I do wish she'd be a little less... well, useless, as Aoi-chan a few posts up from me rightly pointed out.

Still, very strong episode overall. Nice to see a little more of our troupe of villains. And I think I'm finally learning to remember the characters names without a list of them next to pictures up in the next tab over! Huzzah!
May 19, 2010 4:14 PM

Sep 2008
... why didn't I get to see Hijikata topless?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2010 4:14 PM

May 2009
Isn't this the best episode so far? Oooh yeah. *fangasm*
First there was a little show off between Shiranui and Sanosuke {{they make a perfect couple}}, then Sen finally appeared she's adorable, after that Saitou actually smiled, and of course... physical exams... I think a part of me overheated a little.
Shinsengumi hunks make even cleaning look sexy ;D

Itou is actually shy X'D
And I dislike Chikage's voice, it's too deep, doesn't suit him.
Chizuru is really hopeless >.>

Okita's tuberculosis revealed, well at least there was a cute moment between him and Chizuru.

Anyway, glad we finally got some reverse harem scenes :3
May 19, 2010 4:19 PM

Jun 2008
namelissis said:

Okita ;A;. Why o why >.<!
Also, am I the only who gets the feeling that Chizuru can't save her butt? I mean, she rushed in to save Sen-chan but when she was about to be struck by the hoodlums, she didn't even bother to draw her sword -___-

Okita T.T poor guy... (also i was rooting for Okita with Kaoru T.T )

I always have that feeling. Chizuru doesnt know how to fight. also..why is she always fainting, damn?!=_=

Billzor said:
Sure I knew that this was some kinda bishie show, but god damn... I think my eyes almost started bleeding for a sec there.

But so far so good I'd say, would like some more plot progression though...

*A* damn they were all so HOT. Its bishies heaven!
i also would like to see more plot progression. its too slow.

About Hijikata...he didnt appear topless, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? well, maybe its because we can see a small part of his body on the opening:P

cant wait for next ep:D
OrulyonMay 19, 2010 4:22 PM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

May 19, 2010 4:29 PM

Jun 2009
Ah..I love this episode. The Osen girl looks interesting. Haha, I close my eyes when I saw all the guys toplessxD

Next episode looks good, cant wait^^

May 19, 2010 5:01 PM

Sep 2007
Yeah, this was definitely a great episode. As everyone else said, the topless shinsengumi guys part was hot. *q* I'm not sure why, but as them oni guys show up, I just start liking them more and more. Eheh. Anyways, can't wait 'till next episode~~ Looks like the plot is starting to get more exciting~
May 19, 2010 5:09 PM

May 2010
An alright episode. Especially with Saitou without his shirt on. *.*

Also, more of Chikagee~ Though, there's only 5 episodes left. This show better start picking up the pace...
May 19, 2010 5:13 PM

Oct 2009
did you watch this episode subbed or Raw ?
I did watch it raw but still looking for sub
May 19, 2010 5:27 PM

May 2009
Shin_Star said:
did you watch this episode subbed or Raw ?
I did watch it raw but still looking for sub

It's subbed almost everywhere. You have it on http://www.nwanime.com/ for example~
May 19, 2010 7:49 PM

Nov 2009
Yes... I agree that most probably next ep is more to romance.

Okita san was diagnosed as tuberculosis. In those day, it was uncurable disease. In history, Okita Souji was died young in tuberculosis. In this anime, Okita san is going to die, just that the "medicine" only prolong his disease.... Poor Okita san.

5 more episodes to go.... no enough, no enough, I want more .......
kasumi_JoanneMay 20, 2010 8:43 AM
May 19, 2010 10:37 PM

Feb 2009
@kasumi_Joanne

Could you use a spoiler tag next time? Not everybody likes spoiler.
Just an advice.

Orulyon said:
namelissis said:

Okita ;A;. Why o why >.<!

Okita T.T poor guy... (also i was rooting for Okita with Kaoru T.T )

I always have that feeling. Chizuru doesnt know how to fight. also..why is she always fainting, damn?!=_=

THISSSSSS! I swear I want slap her when she suddenly fainted. I mean, what's with that.

Osric said:
Though I do wish she'd be a little less... well, useless, as Aoi-chan a few posts up from me rightly pointed out.

LOL, you're pertaining to me right?
I also want to see her being a lesser distressed damsel. SHE's an Oni for Pete's sake, I know she can pull something better than wait for the guys to always save her.
At first I was like, (╬ ಠ益ಠ)
Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(・∀・ )ノ <--- Then I was like
In the end, I was \(▽ ̄\( ̄▽ ̄)/ ̄▽)/ヤッタァー!!
May 20, 2010 3:08 AM

Aug 2008
hehe been a good episode
The spider is watching
May 20, 2010 3:49 AM

Sep 2009
damn, only 5 more episodes until this series ends, while the manga is ongoing T_T

I don't want them to rush through the eps, but it looks like they're going to do just that.
May 20, 2010 6:07 AM

Oct 2007
its was a really good episode and moving along nicely.

plus really happy with the fan service XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2010 8:30 AM

Jun 2009
1st fight scene was really short but very intruiging

Physical exam moment - funny

Now I've finally realize Chizuru having the ability of an Oni had something to do with Kodou. But those other 3 Oni I hope someday they will have their own episode
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

May 20, 2010 8:44 AM
Jun 2008
zinvince said:
Physical exam moment - funny
This is the first time I watch in Anime that they show male instead of female.
May 20, 2010 10:20 AM
Feb 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
... why didn't I get to see Hijikata topless?

May 20, 2010 10:47 AM

Oct 2008
This episode was awesome . This show gets a thumbs up from me :)
May 20, 2010 11:03 AM

Feb 2008
It starting to really annoy me how useless Chizuru is. She can't protect herself what so ever, not even against the brashest, most discipline-less samurai in the village. She doesn't know medicine despite being raised by her father who was a doctor. All she can do is lurk around, clean dishes, and stick her head into fights she cannot begin to tackle. :|
May 20, 2010 12:01 PM

Dec 2008
Great ep! This is going to be one of my top favorite animes, I can tell! >w<

I gotta say....this made me laugh the most:

BOOOO-YAH!!
One day, I'll get a cool sig. x3 Untill then...
Heres prussia...taking over your vital regions:

May 20, 2010 2:38 PM
Jan 2010
kasumi_Joanne said:
This episode was awesome.. but I still feel the story went very fast..

What great about Shimabala? Anyone can tell more about it??

I don't know what's so great about Shimabara, but it's a place where there's prostitutes and stuff...
May 20, 2010 3:16 PM

May 2010
Hinata020 said:
It starting to really annoy me how useless Chizuru is. She can't protect herself what so ever, not even against the brashest, most discipline-less samurai in the village. She doesn't know medicine despite being raised by her father who was a doctor. All she can do is lurk around, clean dishes, and stick her head into fights she cannot begin to tackle. :|

That is so true. The only reason why I'm bothering to watch this anime is because of the guys. (:

Other than that, I want to punch Chizuru for being such a useless little runt.
May 20, 2010 3:50 PM

Dec 2008
It surprises me how useless Chizuru is in a fight but still manage to eavesdrop all the time. I mean, come on, you jump between some thugs and a girl but all you can do is blink with your eyes?! It was like she was waiting on Saito to save her.
May 20, 2010 4:01 PM

Dec 2009
Mirlaine said:
Ri-ri said:

Thanks for telling me that, I am REALLY REALLY excited now! Only two more days to go!

Hinata020 said:

Well, it is true that she is kind of "useless" in a way, but the thing is, most of the women were like that back then,right? I mean, not allow to interfere with mens business, and staying at home all the time, taking care of the house, doing cleaning work and staff, It's totally normal for a girl to not good at fighting too, right?(she is not trained to be a shinobi or something) I think we can't really blame her for being useless ... at least she is trying her best to be helpful...I think :)

About the the" stick her head into fights she cannot begin to tackle" part, well, I kind of agree with you ...

P.S I am not really a Chizuru fan . I think she is OK and better than those typical whinny babies in the shoujo manga series.
-Riri-May 20, 2010 4:50 PM
Have Questions about Another(eg the cause of the Calamity ?the clues about the Another? etc)?

May 20, 2010 4:56 PM

May 2009
-Riri- said:

P.S I am not really a Chizuru fan . I think she is OK and better than those typical whinny babies in the shoujo manga series.

Isn't she the same? She faints every time something more exciting than washing laundry happens... It's stereotypical female reverse-harem lead behavior :/ And the reason why sometimes I have enough of these kinda animes, they need stronger females, like Haruhi from Ouran~
May 20, 2010 5:24 PM

Dec 2009
EnkoKasumi said:
-Riri- said:

Isn't she the same? She faints every time something more exciting than washing laundry happens... It's stereotypical female reverse-harem lead behavior :/ And the reason why sometimes I have enough of these kinda animes, they need stronger females, like Haruhi from Ouran~

As I said , she is OK, I didn't say she is awesome or anything, and it is true that many reverse-harem female leads are like that , but at least I think she is better than those whinny kind. personally, I would rather have a quiet and weak female than have a whinny and annoying one...

and me too, I prefer the strong and independent kind of female leads ~ ^___^

May 20, 2010 8:29 PM

May 2010
EnkoKasumi said:
-Riri- said:

I think that Chizuru would need to be like something along the lines of Maka from Soul Eater. It would make much more of a story if she actually put up a fight and helped the shinsengumi. In a way, she's actually dragging them down by having them protect her. Plus, the way she acts is just typical shoujo manga girl behavior. The guys come to rescue her, and all she can say is.."Everyone, thank you!" *cue happy stupid face*
May 20, 2010 10:43 PM

Dec 2009
BrokenGlassDolls said:
-Riri- said:
EnkoKasumi said:
-Riri- said:

As I said , she is OK, I didn't say she is awesome or anything, and it is true that many reverse-harem female leads are like that , but at least I think she is better than those whinny kind. personally, I would rather have a quiet and weak female than have a whinny and annoying one...

and me too, I prefer the strong and independent kind of female leads ~ ^___^

I think that Chizuru would need to be like something along the lines of Maka from Soul Eater. It would make much more of a story if she actually put up a fight and helped the shinsengumi. In a way, she's actually dragging them down by having them protect her. Plus, the way she acts is just typical shoujo manga girl behavior. The guys come to rescue her, and all she can say is.."Everyone, thank you!" *cue happy stupid face*

May be I didn't make myself clear in my previous post...^^;

OK, I know she is the typical female lead kind, but for me, I think the `` typical quiet & weak type`` is better than the ``typical whiny & annoying type``.(and trust me, I ve seen many shoujo female leads who are much more useless and annoying than Chizuru)

I know it would be better if Chizuru could fight, but please do remember that , she is just an ordinary girl, so we really can't expect an ordinary girl suddenly turns into a shinobi/ samurai like person over night, and then fights alongside with the Shinsengumi and fights like those well-trained people who have been trained for many years, right?
Well, so my point is, I know she is not being very helpful at the moment (and hopefully, she will become a bit more useful…
), but at least she is trying her best to be helpful, and not whining like those whiny kind of female leads….so we shouldn't always blame her for being " ordinary" and couldn’t fight....well, that’s how I feel ^______^
-Riri-May 20, 2010 10:47 PM

May 20, 2010 11:49 PM

Dec 2009
About the tuberculosis.... When Okita decided he was going to stay with the Shinsengumi and not tell anyone about the disease ... wow.... He doesn't even realize that shit could kill all of them.... It's wild to think about the world before germ theory was widely known and accepted.

And Chizuru should have jumped in to help sensei with the physicals. Couldn't she have made some excuse about wanting to learn? Take some initiative already... because those fools arent :D
May 21, 2010 3:46 AM

Oct 2009
5/5 Just because of Hajime-sama *_*
May 21, 2010 4:20 AM
Jun 2008
To be honest,I have problem remember those guys name >.<
So far I only remember Sanan and Chizuru .......
May 21, 2010 6:22 AM

May 2010
doumo ^^ i'm just joined in this site a.k.a newbie here, but expert in anime LOL
Shinsengumi fans! Oh yeah! Coz of Hakuouki, Hijikata makes me more and more drolling away than Okita (yeah i used to be his fans) wkwkkwk >.<

anway about this eps 7... at the first I felt nervous the guys found out about Chizuru's secret coz Chikage said like "This is our Oni Clan's business, not your group's"
OMG please not now hehehe

I kinda hope Kaoru will appears again.. too bad. Very curious,when will Chizuru find out about him *oops not spoiler i hope hee :p*

Next eps... yes! Can't wait too!! Shimabala!!

**captured and edited by yuuya ryuichi crosszeria**

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Jinjos - May 1, 2010

67 by Dywei »»
Jan 27, 7:33 AM

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Plate - Apr 3, 2010

201 by abystoma2 »»
Jan 9, 1:30 AM

» * SPOIL * Am I the only one who want Chizuru dead ????

Ibuki-Ryunosuke - Sep 29, 2014

18 by Weeaboo_Bomber »»
Jan 4, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Order of watching Hakuoki?

WinnDixieX3 - Sep 21, 2014

9 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
Nov 10, 2023 2:46 PM

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 19, 2010

155 by GerardoElMagias »»
Oct 24, 2023 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.