Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Dec 6, 2022 4:20 PM

Jan 2016
Also Makima is fucking terrifying
Dec 6, 2022 4:32 PM

May 2012
Makima is on another level! Whatever her devil power is, it's op asf.

Everything was on point this episode! They are bring the manga to life with this. I will say I like the ghost hand in the manga better. I think it was just framed better. Then anime kind of just did it without to much meaning behind it.

BJ devil is kind of bad ass. She needs to stop crying and show us those assassin skills, cause she playing out here.
Dec 6, 2022 4:40 PM
Jun 2013
lmao the first 2 minutes of the episode pretty much just shows how Fujimoto dumbed down the characters for plot convenience, i was the entire last episode thinking "why the hell no one brings Denji back??? just push the damn thing", all characters suddenly forgot about Denji existence for "reasons" and apparently only Himeno's demon had any sort of intelligence and decided to revive Denji.

Dumb writing aside, the episode was pretty good.
Dec 6, 2022 4:41 PM
Jul 2015
What a dope episode. Makima's ability is so cold and mysterious.It was also great to see Kobeni actually be useful, and in a thrilling way. I look forward to the next one
Dec 6, 2022 4:44 PM
Apr 2020
чудова серія
Dec 6, 2022 4:47 PM
Dec 2019
What the hell why is Kobeni suddenly so badass and damn Makima became scary with that thing she did with the prisoners.
Dec 6, 2022 4:48 PM
Feb 2022
Deyum Makima!!!!
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Say the name: GUN DEVIL! *roll credits*

My memory must be sh*t because I definitely would've remembered a scene of Kobeni going berserk

edit: so yeah john wick kobeni is not in fact an anime original scene and my memory is just really bad. They definitely did her scene justice though.
BetaMaleUltraDec 6, 2022 4:53 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 2015
Perfect episode, but it looks like Chainsaw Man's fight isn't done yet since his opponent got away. It was like a warm-up fight.
Dec 6, 2022 4:54 PM
Jun 2021
Capitulo estrella de lo que va de anime, excelente animación, fluida en cada pelea, las expresiones de los personajes estan muy realmente bien logradas, bien por MAPPA 10/10

The best episode of this anime, great animation, flow on every figh, facil expression of the characters has had a good development, excelent MAPPA

SPOILER: Great moves by Kobeni
Dec 6, 2022 5:02 PM

Jul 2014
Man another great episode, Makima is hot af and those booty shots were even better, but... she's also creepy af
Dec 6, 2022 5:11 PM
Apr 2021
the hybrid fights, the makima scenes, and finally, GOATBENI *chef's kiss* absolutely insane manga adaptation
Dec 6, 2022 5:15 PM

Jan 2021
Makima power is insane, does she have to know the person's name in order to squash them. How did she find out all they're names was is all a set up by her. She seemed awfully happy to be the division leader for division 4. Was her plan to weed out the weaklings, in order to hunt the gun devil. I love her mysterious atmosphere.

Kobeni came in clutch for Denji, and she surprisingly has some serious moves. She made two villains literally fear her by shooting at them. She also got that granny in a split second once she realized the situation. She is literally the luckiest and unluckiest person in the world.
Dec 6, 2022 5:22 PM

Dec 2014
Henrique-Senpai said:
This episode really disappointed me a lot, which doesn't mean it was bad, but I expected more, at the end of ep 8 they wanted to make it look like the members of the divisions had been killed, of course anyone who has any experience with fiction noticed that they wouldn't kill everyone, but this hook that leaves everyone waiting to know who died, who didn't, worked very well.

now the sequence of events of ep 9 was really disappointing, first it shows us another Denji fight, which is cool, but we saw Denji once again taking a beating, it makes us wonder why this demon wants Denji so much? It shouldn't be feared as makima said earlier, because despite being cool, the chainsaw demon doesn't prove to be as scary in combat as its name makes it out to be, And finally makima's ability, which tries to show us tremendous imposing power, however I hope I'm not right and the only two survivors have a good reason to get out alive than just pure coincidence or lack of prisoners for makima to use her power, that would be much more disappointing, killing about 30 extras that no one cares about and none of the enemies that seem to be relevant would prove to be a huge mistake. However I hope I'm wrong because chainsawman has been pleasing me a lot until now.

The explanation about why chainsaw is so desired or feared by demons and people is going to be explained later, but we already know some hints said by Himeno: Makima wants to be close to Denji. On the explanation about demons, fear and power by Makima she said that a chainsaw demon: "it's interesting". But there are some secrets, so don't worry!

And the ability of Makima only works if she knows the name of the person. There will be an episode when they show us how she can get those yakusas names! Snake girl ( name later revealed) and Katana man names are unknown by her.
Dec 6, 2022 5:23 PM

Jan 2011
Makima getting up panel just hits different than here

big on Aimer... this was one of her weaker songs for me
Dec 6, 2022 5:23 PM
Jul 2018
Damn. This show used to be a lot more straightforward but now it's getting more complex and generating more questions. Not complaining, still a 10/10, but wow do I keep getting more and more confused with this arc.

Very interesting seeing Kobeni do something other than scream haha. We all knew she had some kind of potential, but it's crazy we had to wait so long to see it. That was a sick sequence seeing her attacks. Such good animation.

CGI or not, the fight scene featuring Denji was also pretty nicely cinematic and choreographed.

The visuals in this ED were cool too. I can't wait to watch a retrospective compilation of all the endings back to back to really revel in how well-made each one is; from the music to all the unique animations.

The budget for this show and length of production must've been insane.
Dec 6, 2022 5:25 PM

Apr 2019
Henrique-Senpai said:
now the sequence of events of ep 9 was really disappointing, first it shows us another Denji fight, which is cool, but we saw Denji once again taking a beating, it makes us wonder why this demon wants Denji so much? It shouldn't be feared as makima said earlier, because despite being cool, the chainsaw demon doesn't prove to be as scary in combat as its name makes it out to be, And finally makima's ability, which tries to show us tremendous imposing power, however I hope I'm not right and the only two survivors have a good reason to get out alive than just pure coincidence or lack of prisoners for makima to use her power, that would be much more disappointing, killing about 30 extras that no one cares about and none of the enemies that seem to be relevant would prove to be a huge mistake. However I hope I'm wrong because chainsawman has been pleasing me a lot until now.

Both of those issues you mentioned are spoilers for the next season. You will soon learn why Makima needed them alive and why Denji's heart is so important in the later seasons.
Dec 6, 2022 5:30 PM

Apr 2019
Baam07 said:
And the ability of Makima only works if she knows the name of the person. There will be an episode when they show us how she can get those yakusas names! Snake girl ( name later revealed) and Katana man names are unknown by her.

Reread chapter 75-76 of the manga again. You will find the reason why Makima didn't kill Sawatari.
Dec 6, 2022 5:30 PM

Mar 2019
This episode's length was the same that a gun takes to fire a bullet...

Literally.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Dec 6, 2022 5:33 PM

Sep 2011
I adore how they are adapting makima, i think a big part of it is hearing that soft yet disconnected voice coupled with how they are using the soundtrack, the train + shrine scene is one of my favorites from these early bits of the manga and I think the added scene of the prisoners being transported there adds to the disturbing nature of it, like the simple act of seeing these confused people being transported suddenly really humanizes them even if they are criminals and makes what is about to happen so much more sinister feeling.

I'm really pumped to see how they adapt alot of scenes with this tone, I really want them to lean into a sense of unease or even horror with alot of moments coming.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 6, 2022 5:37 PM

Aug 2020
SamuraiNinja1 said:
What the hell why is Kobeni suddenly so badass and damn Makima became scary with that thing she did with the prisoners.

She was always a badass but timid as mentioned by Himeno in episode 5
Dec 6, 2022 5:38 PM

Aug 2020
FMmatron said:
RIP Arai, he was too good of a person for the Devil Hunters.

Poor Arai-kun... At least he died heroically protecting Kobeni
DILF characters need more appreciation
Hot boys which are not Bishies also welcome
Dec 6, 2022 5:43 PM
Nov 2022
So much plot, such a good episode.
Dec 6, 2022 5:44 PM

Dec 2014
King_KK said:
Baam07 said:

Reread chapter 75-76 of the manga again. You will find the reason why Makima didn't kill Sawatari.

Yes I know why Makima did what she did, but Im trying not to spoil too much :'v
Dec 6, 2022 5:49 PM

Apr 2022
as if the denji vs katana man sakuga fest wasn't enough, maika still managed to steal the show
kobeni goated and the makima temple scene finally got animated
ryzxgumDec 6, 2022 5:57 PM
Dec 6, 2022 5:51 PM
May 2020
this is just the most peaceful day in ohio
Dec 6, 2022 5:51 PM

Sep 2011
mid tier episode honestly. Only thing really of note outside of the shock value was that Kobeni actually did something useful
Dec 6, 2022 6:05 PM
Nov 2022
LoL! Lots of Blood in this Ep!
Dec 6, 2022 6:05 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
How bloody an episode can be, I'm glad there's no censor at all in this anime it was great, they really though they could kill Makima or that she could die that early lol
Dec 6, 2022 6:06 PM
Dec 2021
Just when I thought things couldn't get fucking crazier.
I figured Makima would survive but like How! What! What is her Deal!?!
Dec 6, 2022 6:08 PM

Oct 2019
I dont like alot of the writing, and weird sex obsession, but the animation and emotional weight is surprisingly huge given the fact that most of the main characters are pretty unlikable. Makimas mystery is very interesting
Dec 6, 2022 6:13 PM
Aug 2021
kobeni(the goat) finally in action
Dec 6, 2022 6:19 PM
Mar 2019
Chainsaw Man is never afraid of Killing people off you may think would survive, except Denji.
Scary stuff today.
Dec 6, 2022 6:38 PM
Oct 2020
How did Makima survive that shot, is there any explanation?
Dec 6, 2022 6:43 PM

Apr 2019
Becar69 said:
How did Makima survive that shot, is there any explanation?

Yes, the explanation will be way later in the manga though. For now just assume that it was part of Makima's abilities.
Dec 6, 2022 6:43 PM
May 2022
Lots and lots of bloodbath going on today, thanks to Makima squished down all of the lackeys Katana Man has into explosive pancakes.

I am most astounded that Kobeni can fight and rescue Denji, (who is still decapitated at the moment) though her devil contract remains a mystery. I feel sorry for her after she witness one of her close comrades died in a shootout and expresses regret on her actions.

Of course, today's outro song and animation gave me goosebumps and saddening emotions, which indeed out best all of them thus far. Only 3 episodes and we're done here.
Dec 6, 2022 6:46 PM
May 2022
10/10, living up to expectations, can't wait to see the fiend's incorporations in the next few episodes
Dec 6, 2022 6:50 PM
Jul 2022
8/10, pretty solid episode.
Dec 6, 2022 6:50 PM

Mar 2018
Holy moly, Makima is a gangsta
{\_/}
(•~•)

{\_/}
( •-•)

{\_/}
( – _ -)
Dec 6, 2022 6:51 PM
Aug 2019
that episode was so boring
Dec 6, 2022 6:54 PM
Apr 2020
kobeni my mfn girl!!!!! praying this episode helps the anime-onlys like kobeni more after her being shit on so hard. also makima's scene being stretched out was so good omg.
Dec 6, 2022 6:59 PM

Jan 2013
Damn what an epic episode! The music and animation were on point
Denji is back! And after an epic fight, he got cut in half lmao, so i do wonder how that part will end.

Also, it was obvious that Makima couldn't be dead! And we finally got a glimpse of her power and oh boy...i have to say, that was insane! I do wonder tho what is her full power...
Oh and Kobeni finally got a good scene, she finally slayed someone in an epic scene.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 6, 2022 7:03 PM
Sep 2015
Mappa killed it! The scene of Makima crushing everyone was perfect! The music they played during it made it even more intense. Kobeni being a badass and showing off her fighting skills was amazing as well.
Dec 6, 2022 7:03 PM

Feb 2019
Amazing episode as always, can't wait for an even better episode next week
Marinate1016 said:

AIMER ED LETS FUCKING GOOO AND NEW ALBUM NEXT WEEK

You've just made my already great day cause of a new Aimer song, even better.
Aimer supremacy.

『ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ-ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜰɪʀᴇ』

Then her jaw slackened as she muttered out.
[I... am the bi◼️?]

☽ † ☾
- ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
- ꜱɪɢ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴᴛᴡɪɢ

Dec 6, 2022 7:08 PM
Oct 2022
best episode yet omm
Dec 6, 2022 7:09 PM
Jul 2019
CHAINSAW MAN VS KATANA MAN IS FINALLY HERE! also we get to see what Miss Makima is truly capable of, not to mention our girl Kobeni gets her time to shine now all those haters calling her useless will finally shut up hahaha! oh and the ending song was great too it was a nice way to send off Himeno.
Dec 6, 2022 7:13 PM

Apr 2012
I couldn't have been the only one laughing during the gory parts. It was just so over the top that it became comical. And I mean that in a good way. Kind of like Dead Alive or Evil Dead.
Dec 6, 2022 7:15 PM

Nov 2015
Uhhhh wow holy shit

Yeah I knew Makima couldn't be dead, but also how did she survive that, and wtf did she do to those guys at the train? That seemed totally different from the creepy squeeze-hand power that showed up later.
Speaking of that, it seems super OP - what kind of demon contract is that, I wonder? The death devil, maybe, with all the crow imagery (though that could just be for death in general :P). It also sounds SUPER overpowered to have a contract with "THE DEATH DEVIL", so it sorta fits, but Idk if that's even a devil in the first place, and if it did, it'd probably be even more powerful than a "gun" devil.

Also, Makima must be behind this in some way, she literally killed everyone but the main evil guys, who should probably have been the priority. This can't just be plot convenience, right?

And of course, Kobeni has some serious moves. What devil did she contract with? The "knife devil" seems like a sort of obvious choice with how much she is depicted with a knife so far, but can't say for sure yet. Maybe that's too obvious. And I can't find a connection between knives and those sick ass moves. Maybe that doesn't have to do with her devil and is just part of her own training.

Also, again, why do the villains want Pochita? What does the main villain, who is apparently a super strong devil who can devastate an enormous area of the world within a blink, want with a super weak devil that was near death and needed to be nurtured by a human to survive? That sounds weird. Was Pochita deceiving Denji? What did it get by doing that?

So many questions (manga readers please do not answer any of them, it's just commentary, I want to find those out by myself). I'm very intrigued to see where this goes!
Dec 6, 2022 7:16 PM
Apr 2020
Great introduction to character abilities + nice character development for Kobeni and Aki.
Dec 6, 2022 7:23 PM
Jan 2021
KOBENI IS STURDY WITH IT
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

783 by xriceball26 »»
May 7, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

983 by EinTheVariance »»
May 6, 5:54 PM

» Why wasn't it 24 episodes? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Apr 9

55 by Naveen6662246 »»
May 5, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 20, 2022

388 by PokefanPT »»
May 4, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 13, 2022

312 by PokefanPT »»
May 4, 10:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.