Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 2, 2010 1:57 AM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was a pretty funny episode. :D

Sig and Izumi pretty much made the sloth fight awesome.
I laughed through the whole Sig and Alex deal.

The alchemy battle between Father and Hohenheim was pretty awesome too.

DAMN BRADLEY comes back, way to ruin the victory :[

Man, cant wait for next week's action packed episode.
Hohenheim vs. Father
Greed vs. Bradley

May 2, 2010 2:01 AM
Jul 2009
izumi was awesome!
shame i couldn't understand what they were saying ^-^;
May 2, 2010 3:47 AM
Jul 2018
Muscle fest :3 !

They missed to make the Father vs. Hohenheim battle even more awesome, it was 'only' great. Looking forward to Bradley's fighting now.

(I really need to get the newest Volume, otherwise the anime will overtake me soon -_-)
May 2, 2010 5:45 AM

Nov 2007
oooo yea the muscles were awesome XDDD
lol the armstrongs' face when seeing Izumi's husband blow away Sloth was just priceless XDD

And oh he's back.
Though I hardly doubted he would die so easy from a crash.. :P
Looks like Lin's coming back too. looking forward to next week ^^

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
May 2, 2010 10:07 AM
Aug 2009
Next episode is going to be amazing! Too bad the opening spoils the fact that Scar fights Bradley, so it looks like either Greed loses, or it's a stalemate. Gotta love Anime opening spoilers!!! >_>
May 2, 2010 10:22 AM

Nov 2008
Jaymie said:
Next episode is going to be amazing! Too bad the opening spoils the fact that Scar fights Bradley, so it looks like either Greed loses, or it's a stalemate. Gotta love Anime opening spoilers!!! >_>

yeah but at least it doesnt spoil scars other arm! xD

edit: nice episode.....lol @ muscles xD

finally one of my favorite olivier lines "i cant fathom why anyone would sit in such an easily sniped spot" lol xD

so begins one of the scariest friendships ever lol :D
suigetsu00May 2, 2010 11:08 AM
May 2, 2010 11:34 AM

Feb 2010
Well that was awesome and the next episode looks like it will be something special!
May 2, 2010 11:53 AM

Apr 2009
Yes, the flex-off xD I completely forgot how ridiculously Narmful this scene was, lol. Ah, the mutual sparklement!

D'aww, Wrath-kun, what a party-pooper.
Also, yay! Couldn't wait for Ling to reappear x3

suigetsu00 said:
finally one of my favorite olivier lines "i cant fathom why anyone would sit in such an easily sniped spot" lol xD

Duh. Olivier=awesomesauce.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
May 2, 2010 12:13 PM

Nov 2008
Cenedess said:
Yes, the flex-off xD I completely forgot how ridiculously Narmful this scene was, lol. Ah, the mutual sparklement!

D'aww, Wrath-kun, what a party-pooper.
Also, yay! Couldn't wait for Ling to reappear x3

suigetsu00 said:

Duh. Olivier=awesomesauce.

lol i know xD
May 2, 2010 12:15 PM

May 2008
Lol I liked how King was walking in the background of Al's scene. He seems pretty pissed.
May 2, 2010 12:34 PM

Nov 2007
Finally some man vs. man stuff.

Cant wait to see Greed vs. Wrath and Bradley vs. Ling :)

This episode was great. Another 5/5.
Curtis are Win. That was an easy Kill. Sig and Alex sparkles was refreshingly disgusting as always :D

So the only two remain are Wrath and Pride.

Homunculus versus Hohenheim was already so much epic in this episode, cant wait for their next moves.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 2, 2010 12:54 PM

Mar 2009
Izumi is awesome as always.

loool at double attack by Armstrong and izumi's husband. Kinda felt sorry for Sloth xD
May 2, 2010 1:00 PM

Apr 2009
Heh, obligatory Alex/Sig flex-off scene.

But geez, if this show gets any more epic, I think I'm going to explode...not that I want it to stop being epic though :P
May 2, 2010 1:21 PM
Feb 2010
The Armstrong and Izumi's husband's bromance was pretty epic.
May 2, 2010 1:46 PM

Apr 2010
I have to admit this episode was pretty damn funny. Especially this:

Though I did say, "No just no" on the man-boobs part...

I also busted a gut laughing when Marco, Alphonse, and Heinkel were trying to get the car out of the rut and don't even notice the Fuhrer walking by them.

Now, on a more serious note, I've been keeping track of the "Inner Circle" of generals (those were in on the giant Transmutation Circle plan). This is what I have so far:

1. Lieutenant-General Raven: Killed by Olivier in Ft. Briggs, episode 36
2. General Gardner: Shot by Olivier in Central HQ, episode 50
3. Nameless General who activated the zombies: Killed by his own creations, episode 51
4. Nameless General Olivier held hostage: Smashed flat by Sloth, episode 51
5. Brigadier-General Clemin: Captured by Briggs forces, episode 54
6. Nameless Colonel (yes, I do believe his rank was Colonel): Eaten by zombies in Bradley's office, episode 55
7. Bearded General: Saved from zombies and subsequently captured by Izumi, episode 55

There should be one more. There were eight of them in episode 24 when Mustang found out everybody knew Bradley was a Homunculus. He may be the General in charge of commanding the remaining Central forces under Bradley.

(About Number 6, I don't know where I got that he was a Colonel, but it's possible I'm being influenced by Halo... the UNSC top command included a Colonel among them, and the reason he was able to address Generals and Admirals as equals was because he had a SPARTAN-III program going... haha, yeah, I'm going off-topic now...)
May 2, 2010 2:06 PM

Dec 2007
Sig & Alex scenes were to be expected, and did not disappoint. Absolutely hilarious.
May 2, 2010 2:07 PM

Aug 2008
AICW said:

I also busted a gut laughing when Marco, Alphonse, and Heinkel were trying to get the car out of the rut and don't even notice the Fuhrer walking by them.

Now, on a more serious note, I've been keeping track of the "Inner Circle" of generals (those were in on the giant Transmutation Circle plan). This is what I have so far:

3. Nameless General who activated the zombies: Killed by his own creations, episode 51
6. Nameless Colonel (yes, I do believe his rank was Colonel): Eaten by zombies in Bradley's office, episode 55
7. Bearded General: Saved from zombies and subsequently captured by Izumi, episode 55

There should be one more. There were eight of them in episode 24 when Mustang found out everybody knew Bradley was a Homunculus. He may be the General in charge of commanding the remaining Central forces under Bradley.

(About Number 6, I don't know where I got that he was a Colonel, but it's possible I'm being influenced by Halo... the UNSC top command included a Colonel among them, and the reason he was able to address Generals and Admirals as equals was because he had a SPARTAN-III program going... haha, yeah, I'm going off-topic now...)

AICW thank you very much for that list! I was curious about all the Generals myself after this episode ended.
May 2, 2010 2:38 PM

Apr 2009
FUCKING AWESOME :D

awesome armstrong and that husband humor XDDD

brilliant
May 2, 2010 2:40 PM
Feb 2010
So the King returns? Next episode should be full of awesome action! ^_^

And LOL at Olivier with mouth open when she saw Izumi kick ass. XD
May 2, 2010 2:42 PM
Sep 2009
Another brilliant episode, but man, this thing seriously need more Ed.

The scenes with the Armstrong siblings and Izumi and her husband was awesome.

And Bradley's back, ZOMFGBBQ! :O Greed vs Bradley next week! *takes out popcorn*

Lastly, this is probably the most epic screenshot in all of FMA:
May 2, 2010 2:45 PM

Dec 2008
Yay for Sloth being defeated. I was waiting for that.

Double yay for bonding through sparkly muscles. Made me laugh in the original anime, and now in this one.

Cool so far on Hohenheim vs Father. I liked how Hohenheim kept making doors or something.

Now to see what happens with the Fuhrer. Was amusing to see him walk in the background.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
May 2, 2010 2:53 PM

May 2008
Another awsome and hilarious episode, I loved the fights :D but with the return of Bradley the next episode will be more epic~~ I can't wait!!
May 2, 2010 3:21 PM

Oct 2008
AICW said:

you're missing HAKURO , aren't you . . The guy who tells bradley about the coup . .Formulated by grumman . .

Watched the raw . I know the subs are out , but i always watch the subbed version on monday :)

After a few rip roaring episodes , and flames flying around everywhere , fma brotherhood , takes a slightly sober stage in this episode . . And how marvellously well its done . . . . Each shot , done perfectly , and a few shifted scenes as well . . (not that i mind em) . . . But still . . . This episode had everythin in it . . . To bring it on par wit the last 4-5 episodes , in terms of sheer enjoyment and awesomeness . . . But i have a feeling , that the next episode is gonna be the most action packed one , of the entire series . . Huge stuff . . . I hope bones doesn't screw it up . . . Bradley is just too awesome . . . His extended character in this series is also somethin that propels this anime over the first anime on my anime list :) . .
lafuria_suxMay 2, 2010 3:26 PM
May 2, 2010 3:26 PM
Apr 2010
Wow, I'm getting way too used to how epic this show is.....
Izumi FTW!!
Also, is anyone else seriously doubting that everything will finish up by ep 63? At this rate, we'll have to wait a year to see the ending as another movie!
May 2, 2010 3:28 PM

Nov 2007
cnaw said:
AICW said:

you're missing general hakuro , aren't you . . . .

There were two more Generals. One (with a Brigadier) was caught in the train explosions with Bradley and the other one was left at the East (with General Graumann) to represent Bradley (Central Army) when he left for central.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 2, 2010 4:02 PM

May 2008
This show continues to amaze me. As it reaches its end, it just keeps getting better and better. A lot of action again in this episode. Izumi's entrance was the best xD And I'm glad they finally brought Bradley back in so that him and Greed can have a nice showdown.
May 2, 2010 4:43 PM

Feb 2009
This season of FMA:B is nothing less than epic, each episode is awesome!

Here comes WRATH !
May 2, 2010 4:53 PM

Dec 2008
Thank God Sloth is dead! I was getting sick and tired of him >:(

LOVED this episode. I LOL'd especially hard at the "flex/sparkle-off" xD As usual, the battle scenes were all well done and it was nice to get back into the action-packed scenarios with bits of comedy after such a somber episode last week.

Can't wait for next week's episode: Greed v.s. Wrath! This will very definitely be interesting.
May 2, 2010 4:55 PM

Apr 2008
aninewbie08 said:
Izumi FTW!!
Also, is anyone else seriously doubting that everything will finish up by ep 63? At this rate, we'll have to wait a year to see the ending as another movie!

If they actually made a movie i'd be so disappointed. Here's how I'm thinking it will end. We are in the middle of chapter 97 as of this episode. Based on what I've heard people are saying that the manga will end at chapter 108 in June.
56- Rest of 97 and 98.
57- 99 and part of 100
58- Rest of 100 and 101
59- 102 and part of 103
60- Rest of 103 and 104
61- 105 and part of 106
62- Rest of 106 and 107
63- Possibly the rest of 107 and 108

They've been going at a pace of 1.5 chapters per episode and looking at what I put up there one of the episodes could just be 1 chapter. Also I haven't read the manga past where the anime is so I don't know how condensed the coming chapters are.

Aside from that another epic episode and I can't wait for Greedling vs. Wrath rematch.
May 2, 2010 5:01 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Alex and Sig combination was pretty manly. xDD And yes! Wrath is gonna fight next episode!

May 2, 2010 5:12 PM

Apr 2009

I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up making a movie, but I don't think it'll be the ending. If anything it'll be more of a side story or something. Or they could make a few movies as a recap, like a lot of series tend to do.
May 2, 2010 5:59 PM

Apr 2010
Lmao, fking awesome, Pure Man and nothing else. Armstrong is fking awesome lol,
May 2, 2010 6:16 PM
Mar 2010
Taihaku said:
aninewbie08 said:
Izumi FTW!!

If they actually made a movie i'd be so disappointed. Here's how I'm thinking it will end. We are in the middle of chapter 97 as of this episode. Based on what I've heard people are saying that the manga will end at chapter 108 in June.
56- Rest of 97 and 98.
57- 99 and part of 100
58- Rest of 100 and 101
59- 102 and part of 103
60- Rest of 103 and 104
61- 105 and part of 106
62- Rest of 106 and 107

They've been going at a pace of 1.5 chapters per episode and looking at what I put up there one of the episodes could just be 1 chapter. Also I haven't read the manga past where the anime is so I don't know how condensed the coming chapters are.

Aside from that another epic episode and I can't wait for Greedling vs. Wrath rematch.

The past couple of chapters have been about 1.5 times as long as usual. There usually 40 or so pages, and now there up to 65. So the last 4-5 eps will be one chapter per.
May 2, 2010 6:21 PM

Feb 2010
Alex+Sig=Brotherhood, yeah

Hm, Izumi makes it feel like the more muscles one has, the slower he becomes in using them :'D

edit:

damn, this was one epic episode!
but damn that King Bradley -.-
DarkChaplainMay 2, 2010 6:43 PM
May 2, 2010 6:34 PM

May 2009
Didn't think there would ever be something that would make the Armstrong siblings' jaws drop LOL.
Been wondering when Bradley would resurface. Next week should be awesome.
May 2, 2010 7:50 PM

Jun 2007
I'm gonna be real pissed if the only reason "Father" is doing all this is just so he can have offspring and be a "complete being".
May 2, 2010 7:57 PM

Jun 2008
VICTORY!!!!!

Bradley: I have returned

OH, SHI.......
May 2, 2010 7:59 PM

Oct 2008
Taihaku said:

56- Rest of 97 and 98.
57- 99 and part of 100
58- Rest of 100 and 101
59- 102 and part of 103
60- Rest of 103 and 104
61- 105 and part of 106
62- Rest of 106 and 107

its not easy to go at a 1.5 chapter pace from 105 onwards......id take a movie over a rushed ending ...i dont want this masterpiece to end badly...........
May 2, 2010 8:33 PM

Apr 2010
shanimebib said:
cnaw said:
[you're missing general hakuro , aren't you . . . .

There were two more Generals. One (with a Brigadier) was caught in the train explosions with Bradley and the other one was left at the East (with General Graumann) to represent Bradley (Central Army) when he left for central.

I dunno about Hakuro, I don't remember him being among the eight officers who were in episode 24. I have to double-check that episode again.

It's possible the eighth guy I'm missing could've died in the train explosion. I also need to check episode 46 again.
Banshee-IVMay 2, 2010 9:02 PM
May 2, 2010 8:37 PM

Sep 2009
I only have one question.

Where the hell did the Fuhrer President lose his jacket. He was wearing his blue military uniform when he strolled by Al and the Kitty getting the car out of the Ditch.
May 2, 2010 8:39 PM

Nov 2008
Taihaku said:
aninewbie08 said:
Izumi FTW!!

56- Rest of 97 and 98.
57- 99 and part of 100
58- Rest of 100 and 101
59- 102 and part of 103
60- Rest of 103 and 104
61- 105 and part of 106
62- Rest of 106 and 107

the last 3 or 4 chapters have been between 50-70 pages they are usually around 40 lol
May 2, 2010 8:50 PM

Oct 2008
^^^ thats my point exactly....u cant butcher 67 pages of epicness into less than an episode......i dont want it to happen...and i know im not the only one.....it would make huge sense if we get an hour special , or a feature film....but cramming up the last few chapters into less than a few episodes is beyond my belief.......

bones might achieve it , but the ending will feel rushed....the epicness will be gone....u should know wat im talkin bout suigetsu
May 2, 2010 8:50 PM

Apr 2009
DeathfireD said:
I'm gonna be real pissed if the only reason "Father" is doing all this is just so he can have offspring and be a "complete being".
now where have i heard of that one before?
May 2, 2010 8:52 PM

Sep 2008
Mercurio said:
Lol I liked how King was walking in the background of Al's scene.
Definitely made me lol how they are just ignored.

Sabinlerose said:
I only have one question.

Where the hell did the Fuhrer President lose his jacket. He was wearing his blue military uniform when he strolled by Al and the Kitty getting the car out of the Ditch.
You only see his pants in that scene.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2010 8:59 PM

Sep 2008
I totaly expected Izumi to cough blood when she told Olivier to rest a bit because she was heavily wounded. XD

May 2, 2010 9:02 PM

Jul 2007
How did Sloth die? Was he like too lazy and thought it was a hassle to continuously revive himself and fight them??
May 2, 2010 9:02 PM

Apr 2010
I checked episode 48. All the members of the Inner Circle are shown in the epilogue scene (Olivier has replaced Raven). I took some pictures.

Starting from the right-hand side, here are the officers:

Clemin
Bearded General
General who activated zombies
Colonel who got eaten
Father and Sloth (obviously)
Gardner
General who got smashed by Sloth
UNKNOWN GENERAL
Olivier

This is the unknown general sitting next to Olivier:

He obviously did not die in the train explosion, since that's what they are talking about. So there is still one more General left.
May 2, 2010 9:08 PM

Jan 2010
I was very happy to see that muscle bonding XD It was totally epic XD
May 2, 2010 9:17 PM

Apr 2010
neverless said:
How did Sloth die? Was he like too lazy and thought it was a hassle to continuously revive himself and fight them??

Sounds like the right answer... I didn't think Sloth died THAT many times... this isn't like Roy flipping out and roasting Envy 20 times in 10 seconds, lol...
May 2, 2010 9:28 PM
Aug 2009
The final chapters will be easier to animate than you guys think. They're mostly fight scenes, and as Father vs Hohenheim proved in this episode, BONES can do fight scenes a lot faster than Arakawa can.

Look at Chapter 103. That's a perfect example of a chapter that could be condensed into ten minutes. BONES could fit Chapters 103 and 104 into Episode 60, which leaves four chapters for the last three episodes. I think they can handle that.

As for Episode 63, they can just end it right after the good guys win or lose (like the first Anime), and make an extended epilogue movie or something for the rest of the contents of Chapter 108.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.