Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 19, 2010 11:57 AM
Aug 2009
Best episode so far.

So. Fucking. Awesome
Apr 19, 2010 12:07 PM

Feb 2008
Mustang snapped, fuck yeah!

Cebola92 said:
Yayy! Envy must die!
XD

A long time ago...
Apr 19, 2010 12:20 PM

Oct 2009
Awesome episode. Shaping up to be an un-believably good end to an already incredibe anime! One of the best eps I've seen for ages.
Apr 19, 2010 12:30 PM
Nov 2009
this anime is just... it cant be described with words. there is just none else like it exept for maby death note 5/5

hopefully it takes the nr1 when its done
Apr 19, 2010 1:04 PM

Jan 2009
Uskaro said:
Manga Spoiler:

Harr harr harr I wonder how many people will click these two buttons~ 8D (And probably get the wrong idea as well : D)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 19, 2010 1:25 PM

Nov 2008
roys badass nature rocks again

i cant believe theres only 10 episodes left D:
Apr 19, 2010 1:51 PM
Apr 2010
Looks like somebody went and gave the episode a 1 AGAIN....probably didn't even watch it!! Trolls like this seriously piss me off. Did I read somewhere on here that it was a naruto fan? Is there really nothing that can undo it?

*sigh* Well, at least this was one of the few episodes that had me grinning like an idiot all day today! Roy and Riza....never feel like we get enough of them....
Apr 19, 2010 1:56 PM

Oct 2007
Finally we get some Hawkeye screentime and see Mustang go badass. That's quite the scary face you got there Roy O_o

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Apr 19, 2010 2:26 PM

Feb 2009
This is a good example of not believing what you hear in the news. Damn this is the power of fire for you, Mustang is awesome with just a snap of his finger he reduces all enemies in ashes! How terrifying?!

aninewbie08 said:
Looks like somebody went and gave the episode a 1 AGAIN....probably didn't even watch it!! Trolls like this seriously piss me off. Did I read somewhere on here that it was a naruto fan? Is there really nothing that can undo it?

Maybe just an Envy fan

Mustang vs Envy was a much anticipated fight, no matter how creepy, mean (ugly/true form) Envy is because he sounds like detective Conan I could never hate him even though he killed Hugues which is the first character I like in FMA.

Trivia: at the end which one of the two is Envy?
MaxCrazy7Apr 19, 2010 2:33 PM
Apr 19, 2010 2:38 PM
Dec 2007
That was some great animation and fight direction there. Very good episode onceagain.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 19, 2010 3:00 PM

May 2009
All I have to say is Mustang FTW.
Apr 19, 2010 3:03 PM

Sep 2008
Only thing I disliked about the episode. A military woman deciding to follow after her pissed-off flame-happy commander who's fighting a shapechanger.
She doesn't even seem to consider the option that she could be reduced to a burnt cinder (kinda like the ones surrounding her, which were immortal and were still killed. And said commander wasn't even serious when he did that.

Envy amused me this episode, fail-transforming multiple times, and the screaming when his eyeballs were burnt out, twice!
I guess Mai Chan's lack of reasoning can be excused for bringing him back to Central for the flame induced beat-down he's suffering now.

Episode seems wholly focused on Mustang, vs the switching back and forth between the other battles that are raging at the same time.
We'll get to see more of the Sloth beating next time though.

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Apr 19, 2010 3:35 PM

Nov 2008
cnaw said:
suigetsu00 said:
cnaw said:
suigetsu00 said:
cnaw said:
^^^^ did you read the director's blog . . . . I'm refering to the spoiler in your post .

i forgot about that lol so probably 3 eps?

i guess....not more than 4 for sure........

because they promised only 10 more episodes

i seriously hope we get 2-3 more . .(i don't think its gonna happen though) . I still have a feelin that manga might be pushed to another chapter . .
And i also see that some hater has given this episode a 1/5 . . Faggot

ignore it.....probably just kodial lol
Apr 19, 2010 3:38 PM

Nov 2008
Oosran said:
Uskaro said:
Manga Spoiler:

Harr harr harr I wonder how many people will click these two buttons~ 8D (And probably get the wrong idea as well : D)

hahaha oosran the way you hide spoilers and your comments crack me up xD but i wonder too :)
Apr 19, 2010 3:50 PM

Nov 2007
JW79 said:
Here's the manga panel of that scene (I removed the spoiler texts), Riza did have a big grin when pointing the gun at Mustang:
Apr 19, 2010 4:05 PM

Jul 2008
suigetsu00 said:
Oosran said:
Uskaro said:
Manga Spoiler:

hahaha oosran the way you hide spoilers and your comments crack me up xD but i wonder too :)

XD
Apr 19, 2010 4:30 PM

Apr 2010
Ohhh man, this was insane. One of the things I really hated about the 2003 anime was nobody really found out exactly who killed Hughes, except for Ed (but then he got stuck in Germany, so it doesn't really matter) raaaaaaage

This beatdown was long deserved in coming, especially since Brotherhood Envy is an even eviller character than in the 2003 show.

As for the end, I'm going to propose a wild theory that neither of them is Envy. I suspect Riza is fully ready to kill Roy because of how psycho he's going here (I mean, hell, if Ed and Scar of all people are worried about his mental state, that goes double for Riza).

Other than that... the propaganda broadcast at the beginning did leave me a little uneasy. The way the citizens are talking makes it sound like the common people really support Bradley. Bradley, the guy who explicitly stated that he was 100% intent on committing genocide against the Ishvalans? Bradley, the guy who started wars with all 3 of Amestris's neighboring countries? This is the kind of leader the common people support?

Considering that there is no chance in hell Bradley is dead after the train explosion, I wonder how the citizens will react when he returns... will they then turn on Mustang and the Briggs brigades?

At any rate, I wonder who exactly knows that Bradley is a Homunculus? Obviously, we remember back in episode 22 that Ling told Ed, Al, Roy, and Dr. Knox about it. Plus Riza knows since she was his secretary for a time. I bring this up because it sounds like the rest of Mustang's team doesn't know this.

Well, then, now that I've got that off my chest... I LOL'ed when a citizen was saying "I hope Selim wasn't killed" or something like that. Don't worry about that, man, Selim is just fine...

I want more of the Xing power trio. Mei Chang and Xiao Mei are nice for indulging my inner loli and pet-lover, but where's Ling, Lan Fan, and Fu, dammit?!?!
Apr 19, 2010 6:36 PM

Feb 2009
AICW said:

At any rate, I wonder who exactly knows that Bradley is a Homunculus? Obviously, we remember back in episode 22 that Ling told Ed, Al, Roy, and Dr. Knox about it. Plus Riza knows since she was his secretary for a time. I bring this up because it sounds like the rest of Mustang's team doesn't know this.

There was a conversation at some point that (I think it was between Feury and Maria Ross) confirmed that they at least knew that Selim was a homunculus; It's not that hard to believe that either Hawkeye or Mustang told the rest of the team about the furher at some point offscreen. In fact, it would be pretty ridiculous at this point if they -didn't-.

Apr 19, 2010 6:36 PM
Sep 2009
Another great episode, Mustang snapped. Holy cow.

Oh and at the teasers, something tells me that Envy is the one posing as Roy.
Apr 19, 2010 7:09 PM

Nov 2007
Roy Mustang went berserk. Awesome. \o/

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Apr 19, 2010 7:37 PM

Jan 2009
darn the animation is top notch very good battle scenes with envy and mustang
Apr 19, 2010 8:00 PM

Apr 2010
I really enjoyed this moment when I read it in the manga and I love it even more seeing it animated. Lol at envy for making himself such an easy target again and again!
Apr 19, 2010 8:36 PM

Sep 2009
I love it. I simply LUUURRRVVVVV it.
Apr 19, 2010 9:04 PM

Apr 2009
Awesome.Awesome.Awesomeeeee. I am sooo pumped about this anime right now.

Envy makes me laugh so much. Him and Selim are my favorites.
Apr 19, 2010 9:18 PM

Dec 2007
Oh my goodness.. episode 53 was just plain amazing!!!!!
Mustang was just so awesome and the way his face looked when he found out the Envy killed Hughes.. amazing!!!!
Mustang is a total beast and is kicking Envy's ass like nothing, all Envy can do is just run... i wonder whats gonna happen now since it ended with a cliffhanger....!!!

OMG get a huge ass 10 out of me!!
Apr 19, 2010 9:19 PM

Jul 2009
Bastion said:

Only thing I disliked about the episode. A military woman deciding to follow after her pissed-off flame-happy commander who's fighting a shapechanger.
She doesn't even seem to consider the option that she could be reduced to a burnt cinder (kinda like the ones surrounding her, which were immortal and were still killed. And said commander wasn't even serious when he did that.

I think she follow him because of their deep bond, regardless of how danger the situasion is she still follow him. She is really worried about his mental state right now, so she decided to follow him.

AICW said:

Other than that... the propaganda broadcast at the beginning did leave me a little uneasy. The way the citizens are talking makes it sound like the common people really support Bradley. Bradley, the guy who explicitly stated that he was 100% intent on committing genocide against the Ishvalans? Bradley, the guy who started wars with all 3 of Amestris's neighboring countries? This is the kind of leader the common people support?

I think because Bradley brings stability to the nation. No matter what kind of ruler you are as long as you bring stability to the country, people will support you.

Sure they're at war with 3 countries. But at north, they have Briggs and they are undefeatable in there. At the east they have the old commander , the military squad that being labeled as the strongest attacker of ametris, west side is just a desert (former land of Xerxes)( correct me if i'm wrong about the position i kinda forgot about whois in the east side and who is in the west side),just in the south side they still have a continuous war. But i think the Ametris army is the winning side there, because if not surely they have been invaded now by the south nation. They're the winning nation in all of that wars and because of that the citizen see Bradley as the leader with great leadership.

About the ishball, i think Bradley is just talk about commiting genocide in ishball to the military side only. To the people of the country he just told them that they just want to quell the rebelion in there, and in the end he succeed in quelling the rebelion. +1 point to him in the citizen's eye because of that imo.

If you wonder why some soldier in the army didn't tell the people about what happen in Ishball. It's easy to silence them and prevent information leak if you are a dictator imo.

That's the reason why Bradley is so popular among the citizen imo.
RegulusApr 19, 2010 10:15 PM
Apr 20, 2010 1:14 AM

Oct 2008
my thoughts...........

this episode starts of slowly....with mrs bradley being interviewed by a LaME radio channel...and she ends up blaming the central army for watever has happened in central over the past few hours...(masterstroke from roy and gang)......i lol'd at that guy's acting wen he was on the phone...that was so funny...ahahahaha......

from then on , the scene shifts to lab 3 , where all the action begins........all i can say is that roy was freakin kickass in this episode......fucked envy up pretty badly.....and the action sequences were so beautiful to watch, BONES has outdone itself this time around and surely , i could not have asked for more....the episode ended witha great cliffhanger moment....and i really dont think
the preview looks awesome and i cant wait for the next episode , cause hiroki kanno is directing its first half......it should be awesome......

and another point.....

The fluidity of movements durin extreme action scenes is somethin i admire so much in this anime . . For example

bradley versus greed
roy versus lust
that short battle between lin and envy
greedlin versus wrath
pride and kimblee versus al
and now this smile.gif smile.gif
awesome stuff , it gives more intensity to the scenes and makes them look gorgeous . . .
Apr 20, 2010 2:48 AM
Sep 2008
Burn, Envy, burn. Alchemic inferno.
Apr 20, 2010 2:49 AM

Feb 2009
Usually, I'd love to read everyone's comments, but this time I just couldn't.
Since there're so many spoiler warning, and darn spoiler tabs are so tempting! So I simply skipped some comments, sorry.

Roy is a real badass!!
He killed Lust, burnt down the immortal army. Now, owning Envy and gains trust among people!
Though, I was not very happy to hear him wanting to see Hawkeye's crying face again someday. I fear that his wish will be 'granted' :( . You know what I mean, right?

I was a bit disappointed of how easy the immortal army could be defeated. I know Roy IS a hero of Ishval battle, but since Ed and others had hard time sparring with the army, it should have taken Roy more finger snaps. ( like when he burnt Lust to ashes )

I don't feel sorry for Envy, but it sure looked painful. Good to know that Roy did not hesitate to burn Envy who was in Hughes's form!

Roy was scary as hell with his angry face and dark shade on

I want more episodes~!!

Update :: I just rewatched the episode! And WOW, time could really fly!!
AidanKieranApr 20, 2010 3:13 AM
Apr 20, 2010 4:03 AM

Apr 2009
Mustang is like a god. So much win with just a snap of his fingers.

I wondered if Envy would be Mustang or Hawkeye but the preview spoiled it .. :p FMA:B cliffhangers are always spoiled by previews.

Probably some Mustang vs Elric next week ?
Apr 20, 2010 4:58 AM
Jul 2018
Roy's scary. Envy's one of my favorite villains, and I do feel sorry for him. Man that must've hurt a lot. And dammit, Lieutenant. Bad move is bad.
Nephtys said:
I think she follow him because of their deep bond, regardless of how danger the situasion is she still follow him. She is really worried about his mental state right now, so she decided to follow him.
No really, of all people she should know better why Mustang had her stay in one spot.
Apr 20, 2010 5:22 AM

Jul 2009
Wetpantsu said:
Roy's scary. Envy's one of my favorite villains, and I do feel sorry for him. Man that must've hurt a lot. And dammit, Lieutenant. Bad move is bad.
Nephtys said:
No really, of all people she should know better why Mustang had her stay in one spot.

Okay, Mustang is worried about her safety. But Riza is worried about Mustang too. you know they care for each other and Right now, Mustang's heart is burned with rage. In my opinion, right now Riza is really worried that Mustang can become same person like Scar was, so she decided to follow him and make sure Mustang didn't fall to the same problem.

Just think about it, if Ed and Scar is worried enough about Mustang condition right now. Riza is sure has more reason to worried about him. They really have a very deep bond, not just a commander-subordinate relationship.
Apr 20, 2010 5:47 AM
Feb 2010
Mustang's scary face will forever be burned in my mind... -_-
Apr 20, 2010 6:19 AM

Nov 2008
Nephtys said:
Wetpantsu said:
Nephtys said:

Okay, Mustang is worried about her safety. But Riza is worried about Mustang too. you know they care for each other and Right now, Mustang's heart is burned with rage. In my opinion, right now Riza is really worried that Mustang can become same person like Scar was, so she decided to follow him and make sure Mustang didn't fall to the same problem.

Just think about it, if Ed and Scar is worried enough about Mustang condition right now. Riza is sure has more reason to worried about him. They really have a very deep bond, not just a commander-subordinate relationship.

i agree with you, nephtys......it is dangerous but she doesnt want him lose his way

Apr 20, 2010 6:47 AM

Sep 2006
Beautiful.... flames.....

OHHH MY EYYYEEESSS!!!! =P
Apr 20, 2010 7:06 AM

Oct 2008
And another thing i noticed from the preview ,
a part of the series , which has been excellently developed by bones is praiseworthy . . . And i think its gonna have more impact now . . . .
Apr 20, 2010 7:16 AM
Jul 2018
She should be wise enough to reconsider they're up against a shapeshifter. They just couldn't pull of a "he'd recognize me from that monster" cliche, else that would really suck. She's giving Envy the upperhand ><
Apr 20, 2010 7:18 AM

Jan 2009
aninewbie08 said:
I'm guessing it's just because of reactions like yours that these trolls keep popping up ^^;

Also
suigetsu00 said:
I know right? : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 20, 2010 7:26 AM

Feb 2009
cnaw said:
And another thing i noticed from the preview ,
a part of the series , which has been excellently developed by bones is praiseworthy . . . And i think its gonna have more impact now . . . .

Figures they did it like in Youswell coal mine story. Oh well what's done is done but it should've been in the earlier episode.
Apr 20, 2010 7:34 AM

Oct 2008
Youswell isn't really that important . . I mean , the only places youswell is involved is
1. Introduction of yoki
2. Introduction of may

but this scene is a different story , its an integral part of the story , and it develops the relationship between 2 comrades . . And i think the place where they're doing it now (ep 54) is perfect . . . Much better than where it is placed in the manga
Apr 20, 2010 7:48 AM

Feb 2009
I'm just saying that they did another one where a scene/story was missing then it was placed in the future episodes, which was done well but confusing at first. But I agree, it does fit in the next episode.
Apr 20, 2010 8:28 AM

Oct 2008
belatkuro said:
I'm just saying that they did another one where a scene/story was missing then it was placed in the future episodes, which was done well but confusing at first. But I agree, it does fit in the next episode.

:-) :-) :-)
Apr 20, 2010 9:28 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode, Mustang is just the epitome of cool.

P.S. lol @ the butt-hurt troll who selected 1 out of 5
Apr 20, 2010 10:15 AM
Apr 2010
I liked that part when Denny Brosh recognized Maria Ross :] He was so happy !
Apr 20, 2010 11:32 AM
Mar 2010
Awesomely animated. I didn't remember mustang being quite as badass. Never mind, great episode.
Apr 20, 2010 11:33 AM

May 2008
Another awsome and epic episode and finally concentrating on Mustang. I just loved this :D
Apr 20, 2010 1:15 PM

Aug 2008
There's no way Mustang could've had any other reaction to Envy than what he had. Loving how he's punishing Envy in the most brutal way possible. This man could burn anything, but he goes for the eyes.
Apr 20, 2010 1:18 PM

Aug 2008
Slow start, but everything was absolutely necessary. I loved this episode. Even though I long since forgot about Hughes, I do remember how much Mustang 'needed' him (that's most likely from the first show, though), and adored every snap of his fingers. Very straight to the point, and that's how I like it.

I wonder who Envy changed into. My guess is that isn't Mustang, and Riza smelled the bunt flesh on Envy. Or she just knew how useless she was in the fight and noticed how he said he needed her.

No clue though! Can't wait until the next episode!
Apr 20, 2010 1:25 PM

Jan 2009
noteDhero said:
I wonder who Envy changed into. My guess is that isn't Mustang, and Riza smelled the bunt flesh on Envy. Or she just knew how useless she was in the fight and noticed how he said he needed her.

No clue though! Can't wait until the next episode!
In retrospect (having read the manga), it's quite simple actually.
Haha, I could've put a spoiler here >: D
It will make perfect sense, don't worry 8D
Apr 20, 2010 1:47 PM

Dec 2008
I LOVE how everything is moving along. I think it's doing a lot better now that it seems to be focusing on just a few things rather than everything. And just when I thought the pace was being slowed down by Envy's aggravating taunting and speeches, Roy burns his tongue xD Awesome. I did feel a slight pang of sympathy for Envy, though, when he was getting repeatedly burned although I suppose he "deserved" it for killing Hughes >.> Also, it was good to see a different side of Roy. He's always so controlled and opaque that it's interesting to see him lose control like he is now.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.