Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Case Study of Vanitas
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 11, 2021 2:12 AM

Mar 2020
Esmera said:
Eh not my favorite episode, but the directing is as beautiful as always. I'm still not fond of the Vanitas x Jeanne pairing and I find it a bit hard to believe that Jeanne's someone who's killed over a thousand vampires considering how ditzy she seems to be, but whatever. I just hope she grows more as a character outside of a female tsundere who blushes all the time. The Ruthven and Noe parts were the most interesting parts of the episode, although I had a bad feeling ever since Ruthven said he reserved the whole cafe. Ruthven definitely seems to play a part in Jeanne not being able to reveal anything about her symptoms, so I'm guessing Ruthven's going to use Noe in some way as well since he's obviously not going to kill him.
It was not explained in the anime(And i dont know why maybe they will address it visually later on)
Jeanne is very vulnerable to kindness(Basically her weakness). And thats due to the fact that she is a burrea which is even worse then a slave. No compassion or anything is shown to her infact she is like a machine. PLus she is ruthless so its hard for anyone to even like her

And that is why she is attached to LUca and Domi since they are compasionate and kind towards her.
She initially thought vanitas was a jerk but he was actually one of the kindest individuals out there and showed her compassion in alot of ways.
sooo
However I still myself believe that the romance between vanitas and jeanne is a bit forced though i am pretty sure

So i would atleast cherish it until that happens.
Also there relationship is in accordance with their character traits.
Sep 11, 2021 4:18 AM

Apr 2015
Jeanne is too freaking adorable. Her blush is just to die for, so precious! The date between her and Vanitas was great and I just love that the more that day progressed, Jeanne would get even more conflicted with her own feelings towards Vanitas. Her dress is gorgeous. The date definitely took a sudden turn at the end, when Jeanne's vampire/curse bearer instincts kicked in.

Tension is rising. The sexual tension between Vanitas and Jeanne at the end was off the charts. I loved how Jeanne sucking Vanitas' blood was incredibly suggestive XD Meanwhile Ruthven made his move to test Noe while Vanitas was enjoying his date and Noe has failed the test and is quite in trouble now.

If I learned anything from this episode, or perhaps the date, is that in this specific universe there's a Sun Tower on the spot where the Eiffel Tower should be, that Sun Tower that lost out to the Eiffel Tower on Earth. I really liked that detail.
Sep 11, 2021 5:22 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Damn i loved that Episode. Its probably my favorite so far.

smoochie smoochie

Sep 11, 2021 6:32 AM

Mar 2017
Hesmiyu said:
Kobeanie said:
I can't believe there's only 1 ep left... what joy will there be without Vanitas No Carte?!

Wait until the second cour comes out. as this is a 2 cour show :)

I know but I have to WAIT for Cour 2… will I last that long?!
Sep 11, 2021 6:34 AM

Apr 2020
Okay but when ruthven called noe "boy" in that voice i got flashback to d.gray man and tyki calling allen boy, even the hair colour matches.
+ Sweet ep ^_^
Sep 11, 2021 8:50 AM

Mar 2017
A_Shinoda said:
Okay but when ruthven called noe "boy" in that voice i got flashback to d.gray man and tyki calling allen boy, even the hair colour matches.
+ Sweet ep ^_^

Same haha! I heard him and I was like "The only time I've heard shounen said in that type of way was in DGM by Tyki." Turns out it's the same va which is something I didn't know, but that makes me really happy!
Sep 11, 2021 8:53 AM

Mar 2017
Nice episode once again. I do have to admit I think the date probably dragged on longer than it really needed to, but I'm assuming it's because they wanted Ruthven and Noe's meeting to be left at a cliffhanger for the next ep and end the date with Vanitas promise to Jeanne. Although personally, I would've preferred if they had showed what happened to Noe completely instead of just showing it next episode.

Can't wait for the next cour honestly, one of my favorite characters is going to be introduced and I want to see how they animate some of the scenes!
Sep 11, 2021 8:56 AM

Oct 2016
Let's fucking go! It's so nice to see the date in the anime. I like how they paralleled Jeanne and Vanitas's date with Noe and Ruthven's meeting. Jesus Christ though, they're really going ham with the sexual tension in the neck sucking scenes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). I know there's still one episode left but I really can't wait for the second cour since it has my favorite arc so far.
Sep 11, 2021 9:35 AM

Jun 2016
jeanne is very cute and adorable omg !!

best ship jeanne x vanitas !!
Sep 11, 2021 11:39 AM

May 2014
I was just happy to see a date between Vanitas and Jeanne. Much needed, and was super cute.

About Ruthven, I never did trust him. I knew he had to resent humans for the past war, and I'm not sure what he's plotting but hopefully Noe's life is safe.
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
Sep 11, 2021 12:40 PM

Jul 2017
From an adaptation perspective, bit of changes here and there that I prefer in the manga more than me but still, I enjoyed this episode quite a bit with the focus on Jeanne and her 'feelings' with Vanitas and trying to sort them out in that 'date'. Her voice actress, Inori Minase, did a hell of a job as her with the performance. Shame that there's only one more episode left till the 3 month break before the 2nd cour, since I feel like this is the kind of show that really needs continuous flow to be the best experience rather than just carrying on again after such a long break. Particularly why I feel a bit iffy with the manga and its irregular schedule, even though I love the content over there.
Sep 11, 2021 1:49 PM

Sep 2021
Can't wait for the final episode next week. It's so good that I might pick up the manga.
Sep 11, 2021 5:16 PM

May 2018
I want to be bitten by Lord Ruthven.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Sep 11, 2021 11:09 PM

Nov 2012
Noe is way too trusting. And why do I keep finding Vanitas sexy!

Grontan said:
Wait; Gustave Eiffel's design was rejected and they used one of the other rejected designs in this timeline? Wow.

I found that interesting, too. Thanks for the images. I was going to look them up.
Sep 11, 2021 11:18 PM
Jul 2021
Finally, we passed all the uncomfortable part in anime.
Sep 11, 2021 11:55 PM

Jan 2021
Dude, I fucking love Vanitas, absolute madlad. Perefect being.
Lmao.
Sep 12, 2021 1:40 AM

Oct 2008
that was a fun, adorable, entertaining Vanitas x Jeanne episode!
aaaand! we're back on being straight huh...lolz what a roller coaster sexuality!
well, looks like Lord Ruthven is making his moves huh...that's big trouble for Vanias!
5/5.

Sep 12, 2021 7:17 AM

Sep 2017
God the blood sucking scenes always make my skin crawl. Especially when it's supposed to be sensual. Ruthven is up to some shit. Not exactly sure what he did to Jeanne, but it was hinted to be something related to the curse. Seems like he might be doing the same to Noe.
Sep 12, 2021 11:23 AM
Nov 2020
This episode was spicy af 😂
Sep 12, 2021 4:41 PM

Jan 2020
I actually liked this more than a lot of previous episodes which surprised me. The focus on the romance with Jeanne/Vanitas was quite cute although they spammed a chibi comedy a lot. Domi watching was quite amusing as well

I liked this episode and it's sad this first cour is coming to a close soon

Sep 12, 2021 8:44 PM

Jun 2020
I was cracking up during their date looooooooool Jeanne’s reactions were so cute & Vanitas just basking in it all so hilarious!!!! And Domi & Dante L O L

NOÉ IS TOO PURE AND KIND TO EVERYONE. He needs to be on house arrest. He’s too pure for the treacherous world he is a part of. And why was that scene of Ruthven sucking his blood so hot l o l everything & everyone is just so sexy. But damn Ruthven stop coming for my baby!!!!!

I promise I will kill you ಥ﹏ಥಥ﹏ಥಥ﹏ಥ
Honestly didn’t care much for Vanitas x Jeanne previously but this episode!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 13, 2021 6:15 AM

Dec 2020
NONEEE OF THESE MFS ARE EVEN CLOSE TO NORMAL WHAT THE HELL😭😭😭 ..ok maybe dante is.

-red haired big tiddie vibe man suddenly attacked noe ??? hope hes okay tho what the hell i thought eyepatch man was nice D:
-jean is the CUTEST love her so much ive said that noe is meow meow so she is meow meow #2 but Erm that last scene.. not a big fan of it it was done pretty well but the Blood Sucking yuck just not my thing ig
Sep 13, 2021 8:11 AM
Jul 2018
Jeanne was so cute in this episode. only one more episode left
Sep 13, 2021 9:21 AM

Oct 2018
Jeanne was really cute and funny in this episode ^^
Sep 13, 2021 11:57 AM

Jan 2021
Jeanne, WHO wouldn't fall in love with this gorgeous man?
This episode was amazing I forgot how to breathe they are crazy hot together
Sep 13, 2021 2:47 PM
Feb 2019
This was one of my favorite episodes: funny, cute and scary too
Sep 14, 2021 4:22 AM
Aug 2020
every time Jeanne drinks Vanitas s blood is so hot. And his expressions and the voice acting is best. its not too erotic or too bland. just the right amount of spiciness
Sep 14, 2021 7:59 AM
May 2020
glad to see more vampire sex :)
Sep 14, 2021 6:17 PM

Sep 2021
The episode was really fun, Jeanne was just so cute, let's see what happens to noe.
Sep 15, 2021 12:25 AM

Jul 2016
You hate the guy yet you end up falling in love with him despite the many unpleasant moments he made you go through. Typical shoujo-like trope I have always hated. Was honestly expecting more from Jeanne's character when she was first introduced... what a disappointment.

Underwhelming episode overall. Noé's reunion with Ruthven was supposed to be the highlight yet all the attention went to Vanitas and Jeanne's "date".

By the way, Noé getting in trouble while Vanitas has a sexy time with Jeanne seems like a running gag now.
Sep 15, 2021 1:06 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was really cute to see Jeanne reactions during that "date" with Vanitas, she clearly loves him for real, she's realizing it haha, but of course it can't be perfect and drama is coming for both Jeanne and that "cursed" part which is really serious and Ruthven with Noe (we didn't see what happened after that scene, I hope he's okay :/)
Sep 16, 2021 11:12 AM

Jul 2013
The date was cute, with an erotic sucking ending.

Ruthoven, that sinister bastard. Noe didn't see it coming.
Sep 27, 2021 8:53 AM

Mar 2009
SouthRzVa said:
You hate the guy yet you end up falling in love with him despite the many unpleasant moments he made you go through. Typical shoujo-like trope I have always hated. Was honestly expecting more from Jeanne's character when she was first introduced... what a disappointment.

Underwhelming episode overall. Noé's reunion with Ruthven was supposed to be the highlight yet all the attention went to Vanitas and Jeanne's "date".

By the way, Noé getting in trouble while Vanitas has a sexy time with Jeanne seems like a running gag now.

Yup. Vanitas and Jeanne's relationship is the worst thing about this show. I expected a lot more from her character, too.
Nov 14, 2021 11:22 PM

Oct 2019
Jeanne is naive and very innocent, so it's a lot of fun to tease and play with her :) It appears that Vanitas got wind of her act right from the start and deliberately softened his manners to make him fall for him for real and/or have her be conflicted about him ^.^ I wonder how on Earth someone can be a 1000 years old (or more) like Jeanne and still have the personality of an emotionally immature 14-year old. Is that really plausible? Only in manga / anime apparently..

So Noé 'failed the test' and the ginger arch-vamp badie attacked him. Did he kill him? Probably not. I suppose he will use him as bait to lure Vanitas and get his book, while learning what else he knows. It looked like the same big baddy was the one who hypnotized Jeanne not to speak about her curse or whatever else she has. Is she also a test subject of the mad doctor? One more ep and the first cour is done..
Nov 16, 2021 12:59 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Sheesh, this episode went from 0 to 100 real quick :monkagiga:
Nov 22, 2021 6:53 AM

Jul 2014
Ah yes...this ep reminded me vanitas would kill jeanne of she gets insane....
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Dec 16, 2021 9:14 PM
Oct 2019
what the heck, is eye patch bad? he just took a big ol' bite out of noe
HagePotPotatoDec 27, 2021 10:08 PM
Dec 17, 2021 10:27 PM

May 2016
Been a long time since I felt such way towards a female character, Jeanne is just way too fkn adorable and can’t get enough of her cutesy attitude.

Not best episode but I had so much fun watching it.
Dec 31, 2021 3:17 PM

Jun 2012
The blood sucking rly turns me on ngl

why cant this be an actual kink irl
Jan 8, 2022 9:33 PM
Oct 2019
At this point I can't help but wonder, does Jeanne do anything else besides blushing all the time? She was supposed to be such a badass character and instead she's a useless mess, so disappointing. This was a very lackluster episode.
Jan 13, 2022 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
I enjoyed this episode and I laughed too and maybe felt sad too.
Feb 16, 2022 6:32 AM

Oct 2021
This episode felt like a filler in the starting but after reaching halfway it played important role.
Jeanne losing control on herself and afraid that she can be a threat to her lord.
It was a good episode overall.
Feb 19, 2022 6:43 PM

May 2021
Jeanne was cute but I hope she does more than just blushing.

Mar 21, 2022 10:17 PM

Apr 2020
This episode though lol
Vanitas & Jeanne, with Domi & Dante following them
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Apr 7, 2022 10:45 AM

Jun 2015
It was a throw away reference of a moment but it was so sublime it made this episode. When they out on there date, When viewing the sun tower Vanitas mentions he would of preffered they adopted Gustave Effiles proposal but what they building is more like the tower of Babel. Squeeee! Now that is some ancient historical references you don't much come across.

This series is epic!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 21, 2022 5:14 AM

Jul 2013
And here I am thinking this episode is a bit slice-of-lifey and boring. Seriously, what's the deal with that Ruthven guy.
Apr 27, 2022 2:52 AM

Jul 2015
Jeanne is way too cute with her reactions, Vanitas truly has eyes for top tier waifu material.

Apr 28, 2022 11:33 PM

Jun 2009
I can only repeat myself: I absolutely fucking hate this ship.
Jun 19, 2022 2:30 AM

Mar 2013
Jeanne is truly stunning and beautiful!
Vanitas doesn't deserve her affection.
Her JPN VA did a great job but the ENG VA didn't.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Aug 4, 2022 10:11 AM

Jul 2013
A_Shinoda said:
+ Sweet ep ^_^
Glad to not be the only one who thought that, especially cause both Ruthven and Tyki (in the old anime at least) are voiced by the same voice actor.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2021

126 by nikki05 »»
Apr 15, 10:30 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2021

242 by Sasutaschi »»
Apr 6, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Mar 25, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2021

148 by wallus81 »»
Mar 24, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Carte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2021

350 by wallus81 »»
Mar 18, 4:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.