Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Case Study of Vanitas
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 23, 2021 6:16 PM
May 2020
I really felt that heavy Monogatari vibes directing, damn
Everytime I listen to the ED, I feel like I'm loving it more than more, it's illegal to have a song that good
Jul 23, 2021 6:32 PM
Aug 2020
From this episode alone you can fall in love with vanias just based off personality alone .
Jul 23, 2021 7:57 PM

Jun 2021
Another episode where I am further convinced that I'm not the target audience for this show.

I'd be inclined to drop this if it wasn't for the great animation/VA and the fact that it's a 2 cour show. The villains looked interesting so hopefully I'll enjoy the next episode more.
Jul 23, 2021 7:58 PM

May 2019
Damn Luca-sama got NTR'd

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jul 23, 2021 8:09 PM

Apr 2020
Vampires are the result of some alchemist rewriting lifeforms? That's a great way of explaining a fictional species instead of saying "Oh, they just appeared one day." like some other fictional works do.

And here we got Noe fighting curse-bearers meanwhile Jeanne is sucking Vanitas' blood making weird noises. I'm glad earphones exist. I thought Vanitas was trying to cure Jeanne somehow with his blood but it seems like he just wants to know what it feels like getting his blood sucked. Hope Jeanne gets cured before it's too late in the next episode or something.
Jul 23, 2021 8:14 PM

Jun 2014
God I wish I was Vanitas at the end 😩
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 23, 2021 8:17 PM

Mar 2016
Yukino_chan99 said:
SHSL_simp said:
Remember when people thought this was BL? yea I wonder what they think now
Honestly never saw them again after ep 3 aired last week. maybe they have all sunk deep to the bottom of the ocean xD

I wish but no, now those are targeting at that waterpolo anime lol
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 23, 2021 8:21 PM
Feb 2021
Kuten said:
Vampires are the result of some alchemist rewriting lifeforms? That's a great way of explaining a fictional species instead of saying "Oh, they just appeared one day." like some other fictional works do.

And here we got Noe fighting curse-bearers meanwhile Jeanne is sucking Vanitas' blood making weird noises. I'm glad earphones exist. I thought Vanitas was trying to cure Jeanne somehow with his blood but it seems like he just wants to know what it feels like getting his blood sucked. Hope Jeanne gets cured before it's too late in the next episode or something.

The anime didn't do a good job of explaining it, but one of Jeanne's lines in that scene in manga makes it clear that she isn't necessarily a curse bearer, that was just Vanitas's guess.
Jul 23, 2021 8:43 PM

Apr 2020
MugenNoShirayuki said:
Kuten said:

The anime didn't do a good job of explaining it, but one of Jeanne's lines in that scene in manga makes it clear that she isn't necessarily a curse bearer, that was just Vanitas's guess.
Oooh, thanks for correcting me. I should probably go and give the manga a read 'cause I actually got a bit confused while watching the anime.
Jul 23, 2021 8:45 PM
Feb 2021
Kuten said:
MugenNoShirayuki said:

Oooh, thanks for correcting me. I should probably go and give the manga a read 'cause I actually got a bit confused while watching the anime.

Tbh I don't know if I'm correcting you or not lol. It was left just ambiguous enough where she might or might not be a curse-bearer, and hasn't been confirmed either way.
Jul 23, 2021 8:54 PM

Apr 2020
MugenNoShirayuki said:
Kuten said:

Tbh I don't know if I'm correcting you or not lol. It was left just ambiguous enough where she might or might not be a curse-bearer, and hasn't been confirmed either way.
She has shown signs of feeling a sudden breeze and the urge of bloodsucking. I don't know if this is just a normal vampire thing but Amelia from the first episode had these symptoms and was diagnosed as a curse-bearer. Guess we should wait for a confirmation on whether or not Jeanne became a curse-bearer in the upcoming episodes.
KutenJul 23, 2021 8:57 PM
Jul 23, 2021 8:55 PM

Jan 2011
i get it's vampires but bruh this shit way more horny than i was expecting ,wasn't sure how to feel when all the chaos was going on our boy was getting a bite boner

despite the erotic moments lasting more than they need still enjoying the story
Jul 23, 2021 8:57 PM

Jan 2020
Yeah, this anime is pretty great. I love the relationship between dom and noe and I also really like vanitas and jeanne. All the blood sucking scenes are pretty wild and I appreciate that

The whole setting and atmosphere of this episode was also well done imo and it was just one big enjoyable ride. The characters are really growing on me and it's just making everything better

Jul 23, 2021 8:59 PM
Sep 2008
Vanitas and Jeanne are the best couple of the year so far.
Jul 23, 2021 9:30 PM

Jun 2019
This episode definitely flowed better than the first 3. I shouldn’t be too surpirised that they made the blood sucking so erotic, since it has been linked to vampires since their inception. I wish we got to see more action with Noe. It seems like they are trying to avoid action scenes for some reason.
Jul 23, 2021 9:50 PM
Jul 2018
ooh woweeee, those were some very nice passionate scenes...
Jul 23, 2021 10:31 PM

Aug 2020
Best episode so far. Stuff got real serious now. The sexual tension between Vanitas and Jeanne is very high. Excited for the next episode.
Jul 23, 2021 11:22 PM

Apr 2015
I can't not think of Break every time I hear Noe's teacher talk, his VA is so distinct lol. That was a really interesting explanation for the existence of vampires in this anime world though, pretty neat world-building. Ngl this is the first episode I actually decently liked, Vanitas's bizarre antics at the ball was fun to watch and the music was on-point. Not very interested in Vanitas's and Jeanne's relationship tbh, I don't think romance elements are the author's strong suit, but hopefully I'll be proven wrong in this show....well the mystery aspect is still the main thing pulling me in, so hopefully it'll only get more interesting from here.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jul 24, 2021 12:05 AM

Mar 2020
Kuten said:

Well basically the world of vanitas is constructed through world formulas(Or world formula theory) and by altering the formula you can make huge changes. Vampires alter it with their red eyes and can do supernatural things however interfering it with on a large(And on a very high scale) scale can be disastorous... And basically that happened...In short everything in vanitas world has a formula.
234MannanJul 24, 2021 12:27 AM
Jul 24, 2021 12:07 AM

Jul 2016
Damn, this sure was one sexy episode. Too many moans and blood sucking moments for me to handle. Also pretty sure Vanitas just climaxed right there and that bloodlust Jeanne tho... jesus.

As for the plot, knowing about the origin of vampires was interesting and though it was already kinda obvious, the confirmation of Vanitas holding a vendetta against the original Blue Moon Vampire was also quite welcome.

OT: Domi in pants will be the death of me. Damn those hips of hers ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 24, 2021 1:24 AM
Jul 2021
Alice0006 said:
FoX2006 said:
I watched the first episode of this anime but I didn’t really like it do you think I should give it another chance ??

It seems a lot of people don't like the first episode but they like it more and more so you should give it a try. There are still a lot of things not revealed yet and many characters not appear yet. We are still in the middle of introduction now.

Thanks, I will give it another chance.
Jul 24, 2021 4:28 AM
Jul 2018
I wasn't a big fan of the over-sexualization of the blood-drinking scenes. Just my opinion on that.
Jul 24, 2021 4:42 AM

Oct 2008
that was a lot of erotic breathing!!!
5/5.

Jul 24, 2021 4:46 AM

Apr 2020
This episode felt quite lewd. Vanitas was horny like damn! :D
The art & adoption was pretty good. Really Vanitas is an enigma!

Jul 24, 2021 4:49 AM
Feb 2021
Domi got a fat ass, jeez
Jul 24, 2021 5:54 AM

Dec 2020
Can Vanitas please stop being so...attractive? That scene with Jeanne was so sexual, as if the last episode wasn't enough.

I really like these two.
Jul 24, 2021 6:05 AM

Mar 2014
Noe meeting Charlatan feels a bit too soon but okay we'll see how this gonna turn out

Also the blood sucking scene does pretty sexual.. I like it hehe
RedChromeJul 24, 2021 6:14 AM
Jul 24, 2021 6:35 AM
Jul 2021
I've watched 4 episodes yet and I still understand what is Vanitas. Is he a human or a vampire born during a blue moon night ?? Plus this is my only second vampire based anime series, I'm not really sure if I should continue or drop it. Manga readers any suggestions?
Jul 24, 2021 6:36 AM

May 2013
I have to say this anime is a big surprise for me. Very enjoyable. Bumped up my score from 7 to 8 after this ep.
Jul 24, 2021 7:26 AM

Jul 2013
The choice of Ishida Akira as a voice actor for Noe's teacher nailed him even more as a suspicious character in my books. Aside from that, as a big fan of Break from Pandora, I'm glad that he is voicing another character in Mochizuki's work.

This episode truly conveyed that Jun is the writer of this story. It was pretty good story wise and the atmosphere was spot on. Particularly, I loved how they animated the scenes in which Domi interrogates Vanitas; seeing only flashes of the knives as they hit the board behind him while we are facing her back the whole time was beautifully directed.
Still, I hope that it was clear enough to someone who only watched the anime that Vanitas's actions from the moment Domi said he worships the Vampire of the Blue Moon up until the end of this episode were all influenced by her words.

Even though the manga mentioned that getting your blood sucked by a vampire is pleasurable I didn't expect such a scene. Why is Hanae Natuski so suspiciously good at voicing lewd scenes?

Edit: The music was amazing! I forgot to mention that, what a sin!
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Jul 24, 2021 7:26 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode! They cut some not really important scenes which is a shame, but it's no big deal, it's still a fantastic adaptation. The blood sucking scenes are making me feel things though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and Domi in those pants is thicc as fuck. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 24, 2021 7:29 AM
Mar 2021
Anime_Novice75 said:
I've watched 4 episodes yet and I still understand what is Vanitas. Is he a human or a vampire born during a blue moon night ?? Plus this is my only second vampire based anime series, I'm not really sure if I should continue or drop it. Manga readers any suggestions?

This story is full of uncertainty on purpose but they will explain later on. Until this point of story, Vanitas said that he is human but he was granted power by Vampire of the Blue Moon. This power allow him to use The Book of Vanitas.

I don't know what's your problem with this series to the point you think you should continue or not, so maybe you can explain it more.
Jul 24, 2021 8:02 AM

Nov 2020
Man, Domi’s got some SERIOUS cake back there (if you know what i mean). Anyways yeah, this show is really good so far, I’ve always found myself to not be the biggest fan of the whole Vampire genre, but this one for some odd reason sparks my interest. Domi has been added to my favorites list because I absolutely love her character design and her uh...well...yeah. I loved that whole scene with Vanitas on the chandelier. But the scene i loved the most was between Domi and Noe.
Jul 24, 2021 8:43 AM

Jun 2016
omg that jeanne scene make me feels kimochi !!!

and now they showed up !! the real enemy ..
Jul 24, 2021 9:16 AM

Mar 2020
Anime_Novice75 said:
To start with vanitas is indeed a human however his origins are not really clear at this point and it will be a huge spoiler to include them about your other statement. Yup continue. Its also a mystery anime so its natural to be confused about some things
Jul 24, 2021 9:18 AM

Jul 2014
My hands are tingling, I want to open the manga and start reading it! but this animation is soooo good! It would be a waste to spoil myself with manga material, and second season is coming! My I should've waited till I can binge it aaaaaaa;;;;
Jul 24, 2021 10:14 AM

Jun 2020
Lmao. Vanitas had an orgasm getting his blood sucked.
Jul 24, 2021 10:38 AM

Mar 2020
JuusanKitsune said:
My hands are tingling, I want to open the manga and start reading it! but this animation is soooo good! It would be a waste to spoil myself with manga material, and second season is coming! My I should've waited till I can binge it aaaaaaa;;;;
The manga art is actually one of the best arts out there. Its beautiful and detailed as well so if u want to read it i can assure u it wont really ruin your experience but thats just me. Both are equals till now imo
Jul 24, 2021 11:40 AM

Sep 2017
Vanitas poppin a mad fat while getting his blood sucked. Makes me cringe a little ngl. Getting blood takin out with a needle already gives me the heebie jeebies.
Jul 24, 2021 12:11 PM

Jun 2020
O god the Domi x Noé bloodsucking scene was so hot. Kaito saying “you smell so good”......MON CHERI INDEED( ˘ ³˘)♥︎

Why is Noé so cute........help............

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 24, 2021 12:35 PM
Feb 2017
That blood sucking scene was a thing of beauty. I watched it on repeat god knows how many times.
Jul 24, 2021 12:53 PM

Jan 2020
This episode was just too good. Had to rewind a couple of scenes and rewatch them. The execution of the blood-sucking scenes was phenomenal, they felt so erotic. The entire episode went by in a flash.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Jul 24, 2021 1:25 PM

Jun 2020
ngl I want Jeanne to suck my blood.
Jul 24, 2021 2:55 PM

Jul 2020
Just as other people are saying, I thought that this episode was great! It will definitely be exciting to see what happens next now that Noe has stumbled upon Charlaton

Also, that scene with Jeanne and Vanitas.....damn
Zackack99Jul 24, 2021 3:00 PM
Jul 24, 2021 3:06 PM

Dec 2012
wow I haven't seen a blood sucking scene that hot since the owari no seraph era lmao
Jul 24, 2021 3:41 PM
Jul 2018
Anime_Novice75 said:
I recommend you try the manga, at first it did not convince me since I do not like anime / vampire manga, but ... wow the manga is really incredible and the drawing, the costume details and the expressions are on another level, history promises.

Regarding the story, the author leaves clues here and there without fully explaining it, and it is not uncommon for the author to do this kind of thing, if you read Pandora Hearts (the same author as Vanitas no Carte) you will know what I am talking about. In Pandora Hearts there were clues and clues, but not much was explained, however in the end it all ended up making sense and the story did not leave a single thread loose.

I feel like the author is doing the same with Vanitas no Carte, hints here and there, but that in the end it will all make sense and there will be big twists like in Pandora Hearts. If you are interested in reading it, I recommend starting from chapter 2, since the anime has skipped things about Noé, which will be very important for the future of the story.

In my opinion the anime is not portraying the dark side that the manga projects. I recommend the manga highly.

For example, in the anime the possession mark looks like a tattoo (I understand that the anime can't capture every detail that the manga has), but in the manga the cracks really show the impact it's having on him.

You can see how looks the mark of possession in the manga here: https://ibb.co/THtdMP6
removed-userJul 24, 2021 3:57 PM
Jul 24, 2021 4:27 PM
Dec 2011
Me at the ppl who argued with me that Jeanne didn't like Vanitas in the last episode 😏

Where are you now!?!

Anyways, really liked this episode. Vanitas is one cool dude. Can't wait to see how his relationship with Jeanne blossoms
Jul 24, 2021 5:51 PM

Mar 2021
I don't really know if i should drop this or wait for the characters and the story to develop more tbh. I love the aesthetics, I think Vanitas and Noé are interesting characters and have potential but the romance takes up too much time and it doesn't really add much to the story imo. I don't think we needed the bloodsucking scene to be that long lmao but at least we got to see Vanitas' manipulative side more?
Jul 24, 2021 6:23 PM

Mar 2020
Damn, second episode in a row of this anime that made me horny

Jul 24, 2021 9:39 PM

Jan 2017
I really expected that kind of development from this story.

I was already in love with the atmosphere due to the opening of the first chapter, with the dark fairy tale, + stellar animation interested me a lot. The plot progression is still fast and this surprised me, but the most intriguing thing is that the mysteries have already been put together in a way that makes us curious, not to mention the clues left with the foreshadowing. It's been a while since I felt like time wans't passing while watching something. Every epi just felt like a 5 minute ride, AND I LOVE IT. Every single one episode made me go : "WHAT, ITS ALREDY OVER?".

The sucking scene that... I'm scared to recommend to my brother now, I said it was a good shounen with battles and IT IS BUT....HUH.....HE knows I watched some shit so... LMAO (ANYWAY I LIKE IT PERSONALLY BUT WELL :D
Can we stop hating every new battle shounen pls?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2021

126 by nikki05 »»
Apr 15, 10:30 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2021

242 by Sasutaschi »»
Apr 6, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2021

148 by wallus81 »»
Mar 24, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Carte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2021

350 by wallus81 »»
Mar 18, 4:24 PM

» The Romance in this story... sucks. ( 1 2 )

AjiX101 - Jan 10, 2022

53 by tragedydesu »»
Mar 8, 9:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.