Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 27, 2010 7:50 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This ep. is final ep. of 1st season!! So fast! (thought next week would be final) I cannot wait for 2nd season! (I watched it on KeyHoleTV, say-move.org is fast enough place to watch it.)

Re-air on Thursdays 2:20am beginning April 1st.
tsubasaloverMar 27, 2010 9:40 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 27, 2010 8:47 AM

Nov 2009
Its only on cruncyrol need to wait until other anime site's have uploaded it

~but i can't wait fore the second season, to bad we need to wait till autum
Mar 27, 2010 9:13 AM

Aug 2008
That was possibly the best ending to a season 1 of a multi-season anime that I have seen...

It was enough to make me push by rating back up to 8/10, after falling to 7 from the fillers...
llamabenMar 27, 2010 9:18 AM
Mar 27, 2010 10:52 AM

Jun 2009
Gauchee! <3 can't wait to see u in season 2!
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Mar 27, 2010 11:05 AM

Nov 2007
Whatever interest I had in this show was lost during the fillers. A very average anime overall, and I will most likely not watch the second season. It's nice to finally be able to set this one as "completed".

5/10
Mar 27, 2010 12:03 PM

Jun 2009
They sure put some nice little cliffhanger at the end, but it worked rather well.

As for the first season... a couple of fillers were rather annoying, but overall it was enjoyable show to watch. It gets 7/10 for now.

Now waiting for a second season... more Niche; Yes please!
Mar 27, 2010 12:12 PM
Feb 2010
wow, the end actually made me feel really sad.
Poor Lag T-T Hurry up, Season two! Dx

kerobear said:
Mar 27, 2010 12:56 PM
Mar 2008
More Gauche ;_;
&& I wonder what happened to Roda o.o
Mar 27, 2010 1:45 PM

May 2009
I don't mind it ending on a big cliffhanger and the autumn will be here in no time. Yeah, what the heck happened to Roda?! Never looked better though.

The series started out very strong, lost its way in the muck of fillers, but finished nicely. I would've preferred a shorter season 1, but overall it was still pretty decent.
Mar 27, 2010 1:57 PM

Nov 2008
Niche, I love you! I really wonder if they sales of the DVD have been high enough for a second season, but I think they already planned it from the start, seeing the time when they announced it. (Just like Asura Cryin', how did those DVD's ever sell?)

Kind of looking forward to the next season, as long as it has Steak, I'm in!
Since when is Roda a human? Wasn't it a dog first?
Mar 27, 2010 4:27 PM

Jun 2009
Roda was dog O_O
at least I knew it like that
and I cried a lot
Lag's seiyuu did a GREAT job T_T
I'm lookin forward for the 2nd season *-*
サービスサービス
Mar 27, 2010 5:37 PM

Jul 2008
so we find out about an organization called reverse, them trying to recruit gauche, and at the very end gauche shoots lag.
season 2 fall 2010
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 27, 2010 7:16 PM
Feb 2007
I know there's a season 2, but I didn't like the ending too much. Hate stupid cliffhangers like this.
Mar 27, 2010 8:33 PM
Mar 2010
skygtr said:
I know there's a season 2, but I didn't like the ending too much. Hate stupid cliffhangers like this.

Well here's something to tide you over.

Tegami Bachi 2nd season preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq_0f3qhdBs
Mar 28, 2010 12:19 AM

Sep 2009
Can't believe they ended the first season with a cliffhanger...not really a bad thing, I'm just really looking forward to what happens next.
Mar 28, 2010 12:56 AM
Jul 2018
How come Roda became a human? XD
Ah~ Can't wait for season 2...
Gauche :'(
Mar 28, 2010 2:12 AM

Oct 2008
I have to admit that I cried in the last few minutes...when Gauche appeared.
The second season will have more Gauche apparently so yeah I'll be watching.
Mar 28, 2010 2:43 AM

Apr 2009
ArcticMech said:
The series started out very strong, lost its way in the muck of fillers, but finished nicely. I would've preferred a shorter season 1, but overall it was still pretty decent.

Yeah, I agree. If it was a 12-episode series, maybe they could've avoided the fillers and the series would really leave a better impression overall.
Great cliffhanger though.
Let's see what happens...-puts sunglasses on- in October.
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

//too much CSI
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 28, 2010 4:27 AM

Apr 2009
Wow. I read the manga, but still this ending made me cry.
I loved it, especially the way Lag said "No more goodbyes" after remembering how many times he had to part ways with someone. I really have no words to describe it.
I loved this episode, and this whole series, despite the fillers in the story.
Mar 28, 2010 6:49 AM

Jun 2008
saxophone15 said:
Can't believe they ended the first season with a cliffhanger...not really a bad thing, I'm just really looking forward to what happens next.

same. Though a bit bad to stop at this point. Definitely looking forward to the second season.
Wondering why Roda had a human form .__.

Finally Gauche appeared again, and he's so cool x3 Well I think I will read the manga till the 2nd season.
Mar 28, 2010 7:55 AM

Jan 2010
Such a shame that the gap between this and season 2 is so long.

Everything in this series, even the fillers, were brilliant and easily (in my opinion) derserving of a 10/10. I don't think that I will see anything like this again until season 2.

I am proud to have Clannad as the only thing on my dropped list.
Mar 28, 2010 9:00 AM

Feb 2008
Whoa, really enjoyed this last episode even though it ended in a cliffhanger (usually hate these type of endings).
At least the 2nd season starts in the fall, so it's not all bad. Show gets an 8/10 from me.
Mar 28, 2010 10:53 AM

May 2008
I liked the last scenes, somehow it was a little dark with that cliffhanger...
For the whole season, I'm really disappointed with those fillers. If you haven't got enough material for a 25 eps series, then why not make a 13 eps instead. It ruined the storytelling and my first impression which was like 'wow, so beautiful'...
But I give it a 7/10 at least. And I hope the second season will be better :/
Mar 28, 2010 3:40 PM

Apr 2008
lol
Roda turned from furry to hawtness.

Either that or Gauche "lost his heart", assumed another personality, was given another gun and awesome cloak by crazy evil people, roda got pwnt and was replaced by some random chick via the previously mentioned evil organization.

ending=meh.

p.s. noir = typical evil organization codename for epic sauce
Mar 28, 2010 7:59 PM

Apr 2009
Gauche!!
Mar 28, 2010 8:27 PM

Jul 2009
This isn't ending, it's cliffhanger, good start though, because the real deal is on the later chapter, probably on 2nd season..well it's fine season 6/10
Mar 28, 2010 9:12 PM

Mar 2008
Well, I was uber happy to see Gauche again and omg Roda is offically my favorite character now.

Anywho, 8/10
I look forward to the next season. Hopefully it is more plot driven.
Mar 29, 2010 9:23 AM
Nov 2008
Wow, that was a hell of an ending! Resparked my interest in the series, can't wait for season 2! Overall, I pretty much agree with the common concensus. The delivery stories, filler or not, just got boring. There are only so many ways you can say "letters = heart!", and it just felt like overkill by the end. There were a handful of interesting characters along the way, but realistically, if it wasn't for Niche, I would have dropped this series long ago. I have high hopes for the second season though! Less filler, more story, yes please!
Mar 29, 2010 1:54 PM

Oct 2007
The ending has left me wanting more! And aww, Zazie's so young <3
Mar 29, 2010 5:09 PM

Oct 2009
I skipped all of the fillers, except for one.^^

Actually, at this point the real fun begins!
Mar 29, 2010 10:22 PM
Oct 2007
Wowzers, I'll definitely remember that cliffhanger for a while. The 2nd season preview looks REALLY GOOD! Niche vs Roda!!! I will surely watch the 2nd season, but this season alone falls short b/c of all the fillers. It would have been better if this season only lasted 12-13 episodes.
Mar 30, 2010 4:18 AM

Jun 2008
I dont think they was any better way to end this series. Great ending!
Mar 30, 2010 6:08 AM

May 2008
So, Conner makes a good fat pillow? xD Poor guy..

Lag is probably one of the biggest anime cry babies of all time. For real.

Well, there we go. Season 2's on its way. Man..that ending with Gauche..was upsetting. Obviously Lag knows it's Gauche. Noir is just french for black, in which Gauche has the 'Black Needle'.

But poor Lag ): That was probably the saddest time he's cried in the whole series.

Mar 30, 2010 7:08 AM

Dec 2007
I don't think I like Gauche anymore...well, I can't say that I hate him, but the whole reason I liked him so much was because of his "big brother"-esque personality. I hate it when the nice people become complete douche-fags.

SIGH

But I suppose he'll become a good guy again by the end of the series, it's obvious, but in the meanwhile I will grumble. Though I'm glad it ended on a cliffhanger, motivates more people to watch the second season. The shows gotta keep a solid fan-base so that it can keep the series.
Mar 30, 2010 10:44 AM

Aug 2009
Damn cliffhanger! It's so obvious how the 2nd season will progress (Gauche turned bad turns good again, I guess) but it's still a shame we got to wait till autumn!
Mar 31, 2010 1:51 PM

Jan 2008
I have to say I loooved the ending!! so much suspense left for the 2nd season!! first episodes were really interesting but after Lag becoming a bee it became kinda boring :/ but in the last episodes when they finally showed us some conclusion to what might have happened to Gauche it got back my interest in watching. I hope the second season will keep up and won't fail our expectations ^^ *sigh* I was pretty sad when Gauche showed up again even though I wasn't that surprised seeing him like this. I was expecting something like that to happen to him.. well we still don't know what has happened yet but I keep looking forward to it!
Mar 31, 2010 1:54 PM

Jan 2008
Chenoan said:
I don't think I like Gauche anymore...well, I can't say that I hate him, but the whole reason I liked him so much was because of his "big brother"-esque personality. I hate it when the nice people become complete douche-fags.

SIGH

But I suppose he'll become a good guy again by the end of the series, it's obvious, but in the meanwhile I will grumble. Though I'm glad it ended on a cliffhanger, motivates more people to watch the second season. The shows gotta keep a solid fan-base so that it can keep the series.

but he does look hotter now x3 hahah

MCY said:
Damn cliffhanger! It's so obvious how the 2nd season will progress (Gauche turned bad turns good again, I guess) but it's still a shame we got to wait till autumn!

well I do hope that he will turn good again or whatever because we don't know what has happened to him..(I'm thinking of continuing the manga because I don't think I'll be able to wait so long) but I don't think that it will have a typical cliche ending :/
Apr 1, 2010 2:26 AM

Dec 2007
mad-fox said:
Chenoan said:

SIGH

but he does look hotter now x3 hahah

This is true...but....I LIKE THE HAPPY GAUCHE.
Apr 1, 2010 9:57 AM
Mar 2010
One Hell Ending! I love the Ending, can't wait for season 2 :D

*Wow, I can't believe it was Roda, she's cool!
Apr 3, 2010 1:06 AM

Jul 2008
I almost slept through the fillers yet strangely I rated it 8/10. If season 2 is as epic as the preview showed I might be able to recommend it to my friends. Can't wait. :D
Apr 3, 2010 10:38 AM

Jan 2009
....................Way to cliffhanger >.> ...........
D:
...Oh well, time for the manga I guess 8D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 5, 2010 1:11 AM

Jun 2009
Awesome season finale.
Apr 5, 2010 7:33 PM

Dec 2008
This was the best episode from the whole series, I´m hoping the 2nd season and see

Also Looks promising the second season better than this one
Apr 5, 2010 8:41 PM

Dec 2007
wabowser said:
This was the best episode from the whole series, I´m hoping the 2nd season and see

Also Looks promising the second season better than this one

fuck you, I read your spoiler.
|:
Apr 9, 2010 7:04 AM

Jan 2010
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Why, just WHY DID THEY HAD TO END IT WITH A MAJOR CLIFFHANGER LIKE THIS!
I started sniffing when Gauche pointed the gun at Lag, and by the time the ending theme started, I was crying like a baby. TT_______TT I just knew Gauche wasn't going to recognize him, I just knew it, and still it hit me so hard, when he said his name was Noir my entire body ran cold for some reason. AAAAAH I DON'T WANNA WAIT FOR 6 MONTHS I WANT MY SECOND SEASON RIGHT NOW!!! They just killed me with that. I'm dead now.

10/10 I forgive them about all the fillers.
Apr 9, 2010 5:25 PM

May 2009
Awww... It ended as soon as it got interesting with an advance in the main plot. Tegami Bachi started out very good but was ruined by the amount of boring fillers imo.
Apr 10, 2010 12:16 PM

Apr 2009
5/10.

Reasons:
-Quality in both animation and storytelling dropped constantly through the whole series;
-The last episode was brutal, releasing too much information that could be given in at least two separate moments of the storyline;
-Some stories were compressed in only an episode when they deserved more, some stories (aka: the last arc) where stretched over too many episodes;
-Most episodes try to pass over the same identical message;
-Too many filler-ish episodes;
-Obviously too many fillers.

In the end, they forced this into a 25 episode series just to quit it with a deus ex machina cliffhanger. On the other hand, the world of Tegami Bachi is fascinating, the idea of turning the heart into a bullet is good, and I liked the overall design. Oh, a couple of side-stories were really good.

But the overall result is far from good: too many mistakes (or marketing choices?) made it a mediocre product.

-
Apr 11, 2010 6:55 AM
Aug 2009
I'm happy that they met, but... it must be hard for Lag :(
I just can't wait more, so...
Jiynnx said:
Hurry up, Season two! Dx

kerobear said:
Apr 11, 2010 8:48 AM

Jul 2009
Very nice series, awesome plot and characters, adorable cliffhanger ending with epic preview. Can't wait for 2nd season!

9/10 (because of fillers >_<)
Apr 13, 2010 8:32 PM

Sep 2007
Fillers were fine for me...
But that cliffhanger ending just knocked the rating thing down alot for me D=

I'd forgive them if the second season was starting soon....or if I read the manga....

But I don't so SCREW THEM.
I want to be spoiled now. Very badly.

I'm also gonna seriously stab something if season 2 starts off with a buncha filler as well....and end up being laid out exactly like season 1...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tegami Bachi Episode 18 Discussion

good-time - Feb 6, 2010

25 by Nichi-Ni »»
Aug 25, 2023 6:27 AM

Poll: » Letter Bee Episode 16 Discussion

Nakei - Jan 23, 2010

37 by UnoVerzum »»
Jan 3, 2023 8:01 PM

Poll: » Letter Bee Episode 6 Discussion

garfield15 - Nov 7, 2009

49 by UnoVerzum »»
Dec 19, 2022 7:32 PM

Poll: » Letter Bee Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Oct 17, 2009

80 by UnoVerzum »»
Dec 17, 2022 7:05 PM

Poll: » Tegami Bachi Episode 24 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 20, 2010

31 by Nurguburu »»
Jul 3, 2021 10:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.