Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 5, 2020 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Golden Kamuy is back! Even one of the wild bears returns like the premiere of the first season along with some man service.

Really cool to once again see Sugimoto and the party back. There's not much recapping so it jumps straight to the point. We even got some traveling on ice with their adventuring. I have to say the fearlessness is what captured the mood of this episode. Sugimoto in that fist fight was also pretty damn cool if you ask me.
Oct 5, 2020 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
Starting at Chapter 140 to 143 on Sugimoto and Co's journey towards Karafuto to find the missing Asirpa, and the flashbacks of enjoying this show is back.

Of course, what is Golden Kamuy without the iconic 3DCG animation, just with another creature that's worse, the wolverine, and best of all, the world-building that never ceases to amaze me. Not to mention, Hijikata, the 7th Division's Tsurumi and the others are back doing God knows what to reclaim their superiority and find more tattooed prisoners.

Into foreign territory with the Russians, and definitely is uncharted waters finding for a single Ainu girl. But if there's one thing: DON'T PISS OFF the Immortal Sugimoto. This stenka thing: it's like Russian naked "martial arts", and it's time to bring them on for Sugimoto and Co. Good OP, though the less flashy of the set so far.

Solid and great start once again, really missed Golden Kamuy for like a year or two.
Oct 5, 2020 8:19 AM

Nov 2016
Garness? Yes

Manservice? Yes

Some fucking weirdo watching in the backround? Yes

Alright, Golden Kamuy is back for real. Was a nice warm-up for the HOT stuff that should follow next time.

I kinda wonder where this season will leave off, but I can already guess the spot most suitable to wrap up this stage of the adventure. Gonna be wild, with some twisted comedy and feels along the way.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 5, 2020 8:43 AM

Aug 2013
They picked it from where they left it off.

Sugimoto and the rest of the guys fighting half-naked was funny. And we'll be getting more of that next episode.

Oct 5, 2020 8:57 AM

Dec 2014
the show still never fails to sneak in jokes lol
Oct 5, 2020 9:12 AM

Aug 2017
The show is back on the road!

and we get to see Immortal Sugimoto being badass again. Once he is on your trail you better have a good plan or have him on your side, else you might be in for trouble!
We are only here for a short amount of time, I want to waste as much of that time possible doing nonsense
Oct 5, 2020 9:36 AM

Jul 2017
I missed this show, and I am glad I get to see another legitimately good seasonal this season in this edition of Golden Kamuy.

The production is still incredibly basic (with entertaingly bad CG for animals) but the story and characters are still really damn good.

Nice seeing Sugimoto be Sugimoto again with his tenacity and badass spirit as he and his party is on the search for Asirpa (as well as he with all the photos of looking for 'her').

Music too was on point here with building atmosphere surrounding the cold, winter setting.

Overall, a good start to this season of Golden Kamuy.
Oct 5, 2020 9:48 AM

Sep 2019
Golden Kamuy is back! It's looking good so far but the CG bear is gone :( . You won't be forgotten CG bear.
Oct 5, 2020 9:52 AM

Jan 2017
I'm excited to get into another season of Golden Kamuy! The comedy and the music were great just like it has always been.
Oct 5, 2020 9:54 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
It's great to have this show back after so long! And it's back with a the ultimate package of Golden Kamuy, xD.

Asirpa-san looking sad is heartbreaking but only natural. For some reason, I feel like they left too many trails and that's suspicious in itself but we'll have to see how it goes.

Tanigaki jokes right off the bat too, lol. Sugimoto slipping in with the wrong pictures was hilarious, why does he even a collection of Tanigaki xD.

Damn, the crew totally making a mess of the Russians though.

Pretty good Op, by the way. But sadly, not on par with the previous two. Or maybe just yet, who knows.

I'm a little rusty right now honestly since I haven't watched the show since the airing of Season 2 so I think I'll have to catch up to this 3rd season later once I binge-read the manga to Chapter 139 or whereabouts.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 5, 2020 9:59 AM

Apr 2015
Great to be able to watch some more Golden Kamui again. Kicks off right after where they left off. I loved the comedy parts where they showed the wrong photo, a bulky dude instead of a little Ainu Girl XD

Sugimoto still badass as usual, taking down such a big russian guy in two hits was impressive.
Oct 5, 2020 10:07 AM

Apr 2016
Finally Golden Kamuy is back.
The first episode was Hinna-Hinna/10
BRAWLERS
Oct 5, 2020 10:12 AM

Apr 2012
Solid start as expected! The fact that they used serious background music even during the comedic parts (and with the characters on poker face) is killing me HAHAHA. I was waiting for that 'interview' part to be animated and it delivered XD and Sugimoto's unlimited collection of Tanigaki's photos lol.

Looking forward to seeing more of my favorite arc in anime format~
Oct 5, 2020 10:22 AM

Sep 2013
I just realized how much i missed Golden Kamuy and its weird and random humor,just perfect first ep for i imagine a great season.
Deep dark fantasies
Oct 5, 2020 10:33 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Already a very good first episode for the third season, it's going to be epic
Oct 5, 2020 10:35 AM
Sep 2015
I'm not surprised that Sugimoto has a lot of Tanigaki's naked photos since they're already a couple, but I laugh when I realized that the local guy call a person in photo 'cute', and he saw a photo of Tanigaki, not Asirpa. That guy later appear among audience in Stenka, he's a man of culture!
Oct 5, 2020 10:40 AM

Mar 2014
sugimoto is still op as if he's made of steel
Oct 5, 2020 10:56 AM
Oct 2016
Oh its good to be back! We don't get many badass anime that are quite like Golden Kamuy! Picking up almost directly where the crazy end of Season 2 left off with Sugimoto and Asirpa very separated and Asirpa thinking him dead. Nopperabo himself being a dead end and Kiroranke the one who killed all those Ainu and stole the gold with Asirpa father, things habe been turned on their head. Interesting that we don't even see Asirpa really in this premiere. Sugimoto and his new group with Tanigaki, Koito, and Tsukishima are in desperate search for her after learning of Kiroranke true nature and deception. A great return with this episode. Has all the hallmarks of Golden Kamuy with the humor and badassery rolled into one. The jokes with the pictures Sugimoto kept showing were hilarious. Along with little Cikapasi tagging along with them and his weird name. Traveling further north into what is essentially Russian territory, as they follow Asirpa, they meet some cool people with that young Ainu girl and her grandpa. Plus some shady ruskies of course. Sugimoto the ultimate badass knocking that giant Russian down with just a few punches in the bar. But leading to them having to compete in that Russian team fighting match. Which was awesome. Now they're seemingly close to meeting another tattooed prisoner, who knew one of them would be so far North.
Oct 5, 2020 11:00 AM

Jul 2014
It's back! My mind is a little fuzzy on some things but this was as fun as I remember. So many good moments, so many good laughs xD.

Also happy to hear Ichinose Kana in this show.
Oct 5, 2020 11:09 AM

Jan 2017
Hinna hinna everyone. So glad to see Sugimoto again.

Also, I'm glad they didn't waste time with a recap episode like some other shows, they respect their audience enough to know we remember what happened.
*laughs in Dimple*
Oct 5, 2020 11:10 AM

Mar 2017
Life is bright once again cause these mad dudes are back! I'm sad that Asirpa isn't with Sugimoto though cause it just ain't right and I also miss Shiraishi! Hopefully, it won't be too long before they're reunited... but this is a pretty interesting group so I'm excited to see what chaos ensues around them!

I really don't understand how this anime isn't more popular cause it's so thrilling with hilarious comedy, but intense and awesome action scenes plus a fantastically colorful cast of characters!
Oct 5, 2020 11:14 AM

Mar 2017
TheDarkMGames said:

Also, I'm glad they didn't waste time with a recap episode like some other shows, they respect their audience enough to know we remember what happened.

Yeah I thought it was great the whole episode wasn't a recap but they highlighted that important event from the end of Season 2.
Oct 5, 2020 11:15 AM

Mar 2017
ButtSlapper said:
sugimoto is still op as if he's made of steel

"FUJIMI NO SUGIMOTO!"
Oct 5, 2020 11:23 AM

Oct 2017
I totally forgot that Asiripa and Sugimoto were separated and she thinks he's dead. Now I can't seat still untill they reunite. Glad to have this back.
Oct 5, 2020 11:36 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
After binge watching Seasons 1 and 2, I finally made it to Season 3 of Golden Kamuy. So Season 3 picks up where Season 2 left off where Suigimoto's team is looking for Asirpa who happens to be somewhere on the island of Sakhalin. The comedy in this series never ceases to amaze me when Sugimoto shows the wrong photo of a naked man instead of a photo of Asirpa. Now Suigmoto's team is mixing it up with the Russians to draw out a stronger opponent who knows something about the prisoners tattoos.
Oct 5, 2020 11:36 AM

Jan 2008
Golden Kamuy's return did not disappoint. I don't how they managed but I like the characters even more. I'm also constantly learning things whilst watching it and laughing out loud in places that despite the plot don't feel out of place.

Can't wait for episode 2
Oct 5, 2020 11:59 AM

Dec 2009
YESS, I was waiting for this so much, and didn't get disappointed. :D Man-service on max level, Tanigaki's sexy (and "cute" :D) photos re-appear, everything is Hinna Hinna. Can't wait for the next episode!

Oct 5, 2020 12:04 PM

Jan 2016
TheDarkMGames said:

I wish they atleast had a recap OVA tho. I read the the episode summaries, but I'm still pretty fuzzy abouy everything
Oct 5, 2020 12:11 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Golden Kamuy is back with another testosterone filled episode. I felt the manliness and the doofiness from across the screen.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 5, 2020 1:04 PM

Jul 2019
Why does Sugimoto just randomly have Nude Photos of Tanigaki on hand
Oct 5, 2020 1:07 PM

May 2018
WTF, Sugimoto can't shoot that wolverine that is only a few feet away???

Ya know Sugimoto could've just used a bayonet to skew that little beast.
JiangHaoyi1979Oct 5, 2020 1:24 PM
Oct 5, 2020 1:32 PM

Jun 2015
Splendid! Most Splendid indeed!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 5, 2020 1:33 PM

Feb 2014
I really do miss Golden Kamuy's wacky jokes and humour in general. It's good to have it back on air. =D

Things pick off right after the last season in Sugimoto's search for Asirpa. Along with the small fight against a Wolverine and Sugimoto having many manly photos of Tanigaki which made me laugh my arse off, their group, with the help of the local Ainu, reached the small town.

Sugimoto certainly put that Russian guy in his place, but because of that, his group had to enter the Stenka tournament in that guy's place. It might be a 4v4 shirtless fight they'll make the fangirls squeal in delight, but it was a really good fight to watch.

The production quality has also gotten better, too, with some better animation movements and, shockingly, no CGI bear in sight. They did use CGI for the dogs at times, but at least that was kept to a minimum and it fits with the art style better than the CGI bear in the past.

Overall, this was a cracking start to season 3. Looking forward to the next Stenka fights. XD
Oct 5, 2020 1:56 PM

Apr 2020
The only thing missing from this opening was eating brains from animals XD
Oct 5, 2020 2:12 PM

Jul 2012
Hinna hinna!

This is my most anticipated show from fall and this was a great start!
The whole thing about the pictures had me rolling lmao
First episode and already a lot of manservice... GK never disappoints!
Oct 5, 2020 2:17 PM
Jul 2020
Ah yess finally Golden Kamuy S3

I never knew that Ainu people exist in Sakhalin too, I thought Manchu and Nivksh People lives there .
the Gayness return, but still acceptable.
The last scene sounds like Japanese propaganda, but Okay.
Oct 5, 2020 2:52 PM

Oct 2015
ITS GOOD TO HAVE THIS SHOW BACK AOTS
Oct 5, 2020 3:16 PM
Apr 2018
I'm so glad that we have this. I can't get enough of Golden Kamuy, this series is hilarious :)
Oct 5, 2020 3:30 PM

Aug 2019
Already AOTS for sure, but sadly shows like Jujutsu will just end up being the top show this season solely off of the fact it’s a WSJ adaption.
Oct 5, 2020 4:01 PM

Apr 2018
I miss Asirpa so much. I can't take it!

This episode was excellent and I'm sure that Alex Louis Armstrong would approve this show of pure manliness!

Hina, hina!
Oct 5, 2020 4:32 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Finally had a time to get here. Yes, they were back! Currently, their goal was not so attached to get the gold. But, its Asirpa, as their first goal to reach, who got kidnapped by the damn Kiroranke, the real key to the gold stashes .... The search mission begins!

I couldn't say much anymore. I just simply pretty exciting with these start. Overall, Its still the same gangs i've watch before. They were still funny (more than i can anticipated. That dang photo, Tanigaki and Sugimoto moment were just insane, then Koito and Sugimoto fights. All them were just hilarious xD, had so much badass moments already, and very dangerous at the same time (those bunch of patsany really messed up with the wrong opponent. XD). Seriously those three soldiers (Tanigaki too) really matched up very well done with Sugimoto's usual antics. I am glad they were all simply had a great chemistry among them.

Also, its even still had the same Ainu's insights on left and there. Especially with their current population at Karafuto, the northern island of Japanese territory from their current times. Damn, with the explanations from the narrator was so good to exploit more of their situations. Such a nice nostalgic vibes already. I am very salute with that kind of direction, its really help me a lot.

So, thats it. More event to get attended. More peoples to met in the strange place, and made their situations kinda hard to believed. Lol. I am really looking forward with whats their next deal at Stenka's parade. The path for them to met Asirpa's very difficult to beaten.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 5, 2020 4:33 PM

Jun 2014
Oh how I missed Golden Kamuy. We get right back into it after the ending point of S2, with Sugimoto and co. looking for Asirpa. Lol I love the comedic moments in this show, and that brawl at the end of the episode sure was something. I'm looking forward to seeing how this continues.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 5, 2020 6:51 PM

Jan 2011
god i missed me some golden kamuy good shit and its still funny as ever.

Sugimoto is still so op dude is built like a rock same with the rest of the gang lol... normally my money would be on the russians but there some serious bias here when our gang are built like a bunch of supersoldiers
Oct 5, 2020 7:07 PM

Mar 2019
5/5.

Even just one episode, and they kept the esence of the series....

I love the way they merge everything into the main story.

PS: Finally some GOLD in this poorly season full of rocks.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Oct 5, 2020 7:50 PM
Jun 2017
yes.... Golden kamuy is back and so does sugimoto and gang are back in fighting form.. hahaha...

and well guess what, this episode needs a lot of subtitle as aside from Japanese language, we have some russian language... hahaha...

and in this one we have discovered that there are different ainu's around Japan...

love this episode and im excited for that stenka one... hahaha
Oct 5, 2020 9:31 PM
Apr 2018
Two years of wait was all worth it! The humour this episode was spot on, I almost died from laughing when Sugimoto had three nude photos of Tanigaki. And ooooh the manservice was something I wouldn't say no to.

Hinna! Hinna!/5
Oct 5, 2020 9:51 PM

Oct 2016
Hell yeah we back, and that was a really good episode fucking solid start. And I honestly think production has even improved a little which is great.

Bruh, how much nude photos did Tanigaki take and why does Sugimoto have them lmao.

Yo, they are all jacked as fuck. I thought they were going to leave the fight as a cliffhanger but, bam Russians got rekt. Overall fantastic start to the season, I rate it a Hinna!Hinna!/10.
Oct 5, 2020 9:59 PM

Jul 2016
Man, exactly two years have passed since season 2. So glad to see Sugimoto and the gang again. Was also missing the man-service a little bit, not gonna lie.

Overall, fantastic first episode and nice way to set the basis for what's to come for our group of manly protagonists. So Kiroranke and co. are closer than expected but it seems they are heading north and as a result, Sugimoto; Tanigaki and the rest are entering more and more into Russian territory in order to find Asirpa. Honestly hope it won't take long until they finally reunite.

On a side note, I'm actually surprised I saw a hand-drawn bear appearing for once so I hope this means the season's production values will be, at least, a bit higher than previous ones. As for comedy, it was on point as usual and the whole introduction to the Stenka "fighting club" has me really excited for next episode. The 'interview' part about participating in Stenka was hilarious, by the way. Totally unexpected xD
SouthRzVaOct 5, 2020 10:12 PM
Oct 5, 2020 10:14 PM
Feb 2018
Yay! No more Bear CGI.
Oct 5, 2020 10:28 PM

Aug 2019
This is going to absolutely make my Mondays for the next couple of months thank gosh.

Strong first episode! Absolutely love seeing the gang back in action together, looking forward to next week's episode!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2020

106 by Prupel1 »»
May 10, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2020

84 by Prupel1 »»
May 10, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2020

110 by Karva1 »»
Mar 20, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2020

61 by Karva1 »»
Mar 19, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2020

120 by Karva1 »»
Mar 19, 4:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.