Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2020 9:33 PM
Feb 2019
idk who to blame tbh
Pacing of episode - Probbly director decided that
or MAPPA but they produce good animes tho
cant really blame webtoon author he is still doing amazing job maybe start of manwha was kinda lame.
Sep 28, 2020 9:34 PM

Mar 2019
only to say.. disappointed in last two episodes
4/10
Sep 28, 2020 9:37 PM

Sep 2018
Went down the same route as Tower of God, unfortunately. A lot of style, but little substance. Confusing story progression, horrible pacing, etc. The fighting was pretty glorious, but there was little else involved. 6/10.
Sep 28, 2020 9:37 PM

Sep 2018
I genuinely enjoy the first couple of episodes but when the story progress and they introduce borrowed power thing it became ridiculous for me. I love the battle fight animation though! 5/10
Sep 28, 2020 9:47 PM

Jul 2019
sabtred said:
yall haters if you dont like the anime refrain from commenting your bum ass opinions cause no one wants to hear them
So by your logic, only people who like the anime are allowed to talk about it? I don’t know how any person would get valuable information about an anime if only one side is allowed to exist because people like you dismiss the other side from even speaking their mind.
Subarashii
Sep 28, 2020 10:17 PM

Oct 2016
This episodes fight was awesome but, that's pretty much it. Boy am I glad that this shit is over, never seen an adaptation be so bad.

I personally think TOG's anime was way better than GOH and I enjoyed it more despite it's flaws. But, GOH is just one big flaw the anime lmao.

Though I did find that plot they set up at the end to be interesting, I'll probably go read the manhwa eventually.

Overall, didn't really connect with the characters and I like a show more if I connect with them and this didn't but, fights are still dope I guess. 6/10.
Sep 28, 2020 10:29 PM
Oct 2019
Man this show was disappointing. The beginning was actually pretty decent when it was just people fighting to try to win this tournament as trite as that sounds. Once everyone can all of a sudden use crazy charyeok attacks, you get into the power scaling problem which wasn’t helped by the insane pacing. How strong was anyone in this show? Jin Mori is Sun Wukong incarnate. Does that make him stronger than Park Mujin? Does Park Mujin have ulterior motives for finding the key? Does that make Nox not evil? Why am I asking so many questions? Cause the plot of this show is terrible.
Sep 28, 2020 10:44 PM

Aug 2017
Did Sang Man-Duk stand on that position during the entire fight? OwO Suddenly the female version of Shen Long in this series appeared doing miracles as she arrived from I don't-know-what-place-is after the battle. Honestly the only good thing about the ending was the comedy lol.

Terrible series overall. While most actions scenes are pretty good, the rest is trash, and remember weebs, writing is always more important as long its not a comedy series.

I give this anime 1 carrot nose out of 10.
NurguburuSep 28, 2020 10:47 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 28, 2020 10:57 PM
Jul 2020
Bang average finale with some great animation.
While the entire season was plagued with a generic storyline, it did make for decent eye candy. Only silver lining that caused it to come together was this episode and much too late. 6/10 and it may be a lil generous.
Sep 28, 2020 11:21 PM

Apr 2020
I hope they make next season 24 episodes long.
Really going to enjoy this show is the adaptation is good.
Sep 28, 2020 11:32 PM

Jul 2016
I wonder when was the last time I felt this uninterested for a "decisive" final fight... You know when a series has lost its path once you start watching the episodes by inertia and sadly, that's what has been happening these last few weeks in my case. So in a sense, I'm glad this is finally over.

Overall, excellent production values but disastrous execution of a somewhat "simple" story. Especially during the second half of episodes, where the pacing and overall narrative became more and more chaotic to the point it was impossible for me to overlook them. Everything felt rushed, explanations as well as characterization were tossed aside in order to prioritise action and as a result, this conclusion ended up feeling quite hollow and lacking of any sense of impact or attachment. Such a shame, I really thought it would be fun ride based on how much I enjoyed the first episode...

4/10 - Well, two manhwa being adapted into anime -> Two failures. I won't even bother with Noblesse at this point.
Sep 28, 2020 11:48 PM
Oct 2013
In terms of story and plot, the only thing worse than GoH is Gibiate and that says a lot how horrendous the decision to crammed the 100++ chp to 13 eps. I gave it 6.5 (rounded off to 7) solely because of my policy of never giving anime below 5 and the score pushed up solely depends on it's decent to good animation and ost. The story, plot, and characters were extremely below average. The fight choreography also really needs polishing further as I'm not really satisfied with it. Well, better luck next time Crunchyroll.
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Sep 29, 2020 12:15 AM
Dec 2018
I didn't read the manga, so I'm coming at this from an anime only perspective. I can't tell you if this was a good adaptation or not, but I can tell you that I enjoyed watching God of High School.

The show's story was a mess, but honestly that didn't really matter. God of High School is an obvious homage to other popular shounen works, and because of that the story could take a back seat.

Honestly, it was the fight scenes that drove Goku's Bizarre Adventure, and Mappa was able to deliver some incredible looking fights. I really enjoyed watching the ever increasing power scale and spectacle of the shows fights, culminating in gods fighting each other in this last episode.

Tl;dr
The plot was so so, the fights were cool, and overall it was fun to watch. I'd watch a second season if one comes out.
Sep 29, 2020 1:46 AM
Jun 2019
So the final episode is here disappointed in how it turned out the whole series was so rushed and that final episode felt like they just tried to get it over and done with. The animation was on point and mappa did a great job. My complaints and why the series wasn't great comes down to the pacing and the fact that they shouldn't have tried to put 100+ chapters into 13 episodes. Even in this final episode a lot of my favourite parts were cut or altered from the battle and I feel like you dont get the same sense of jins power from the manga. Glad this is over Jujutsu Kaizen looks really good this season though. :)
Sep 29, 2020 1:51 AM

Jun 2020
This episode was so mediocre. The fights were awesome but the cheesy friendship shit and cringe ost ruined it all. This anime was very average overall, I'm looking forward to season 2 tho, because I wanna see if it gets better, giving it a second chance. I have a no drop policy, this includes franchises. Well, it started promising and got confusing and ended confusing.

The anime was just cringe: 5.4/10

Sep 29, 2020 2:00 AM

Aug 2020
I really like this anime so much. When will season 2 be.......looking forward to it
Hope you be my friend
Sep 29, 2020 2:57 AM

Jan 2020
Probably the most disappointing show of the season. The first few episodes were decent, but it went downhill from there. It's a 4/10 for me.
Sep 29, 2020 2:59 AM

Aug 2008
The source material wasn't all that engaging in the first place and this adaptation managed to suck what life and enjoyment there was into something soulless. Disappointing watch. I'm leaving it at a 6/10 but wondering if even this is too high.
Sep 29, 2020 3:01 AM

Apr 2009
Monkey King huh? Oh well whateverr. I liked it when the 4 idots worked together and did combo attacks.

Meh it was OK. 7/10 because I'm feeling generous and I did enjoy most of it anyway.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 29, 2020 4:08 AM

Nov 2019
All that excitement and hype died for me the moment we got a glimpse of a fight using chakreyok. Why would you give up great fight choreography in favor of generic magical power based fights?
either way, the story was never anything too deep to begin with so there's no sense in complaining about it's "rushed pace" or "poor storytelling" as i'm pretty certain that most of the viewers were not here to see how the plot moves. It was and always has been about the fights but now even those are mediocre at best.

I'm left feeling lukewarm.
Sep 29, 2020 4:25 AM

Jul 2016
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Went down the same route as Tower of God, unfortunately. A lot of style, but little substance. Confusing story progression, horrible pacing, etc. The fighting was pretty glorious, but there was little else involved. 6/10.

Gave it a 6 as well purely for the fight scenes.

He went from an average high school kid to the Monkey King in like 2 weeks... lol
Sep 29, 2020 4:28 AM

Mar 2020
This shit was just nasty. yuck
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Sep 29, 2020 5:39 AM
Oct 2019
Monkey_Business said:
This episode was so mediocre. The fights were awesome but the cheesy friendship shit and cringe ost ruined it all. This anime was very average overall, I'm looking forward to season 2 tho, because I wanna see if it gets better, giving it a second chance. I have a no drop policy, this includes franchises. Well, it started promising and got confusing and ended confusing.

Just turn off your brain, just enjoy it...
It works for me
Sep 29, 2020 5:42 AM
Oct 2019
bitwright said:
I didn't read the manga, so I'm coming at this from an anime only perspective. I can't tell you if this was a good adaptation or not, but I can tell you that I enjoyed watching God of High School.

The show's story was a mess, but honestly that didn't really matter. God of High School is an obvious homage to other popular shounen works, and because of that the story could take a back seat.

Honestly, it was the fight scenes that drove Goku's Bizarre Adventure, and Mappa was able to deliver some incredible looking fights. I really enjoyed watching the ever increasing power scale and spectacle of the shows fights, culminating in gods fighting each other in this last episode.

Tl;dr
The plot was so so, the fights were cool, and overall it was fun to watch. I'd watch a second season if one comes out.

Yeah bro, just turn off the brain and enjoy the anime...
Sep 29, 2020 5:45 AM

Jun 2020
davidyodo24 said:
Monkey_Business said:

Just turn off your brain, just enjoy it...
It works for me
The problem is, I like to pay attention to the dialogues to understand the story more, even if I don't want to, I actually enjoyed the fights a lot. But I got too tired of seeing the same dialogues and stereotypical things happening. I like to enjoy good stories, I used to be a movie buff, I think that's why I just can't afford to ignore the story and situation, cause I would have to rate this eventually...

Sep 29, 2020 7:38 AM
Aug 2020
davidyodo24 said:
What an Amazing Finale ...

First of all,
I don't care about y'all webtoon reader that complain every single scene, I'm really enjoying it as an Anime Only viewer...

What? It's bad because they skipped a lot???
I don't really have a problem with that, I'll just go read the webtoon again from Season 1... Problem solved..

I wanna give an appreciation for MAPPA that delivers the Amazing Work from the Anime Team ...
Really enjoyed the choreography, the no-cap and also the Godly Animation...

Overall Very Good 8/10

Your way of overcoming the skipped scenes just proves even more that this adaptation is bad, the fact that you have to read the source material proves even more that this anime is a bad adaptation cause really you shouldn’t have to refer to the source material to understand things or see skipped content that was missed in the anime
Sep 29, 2020 7:43 AM

May 2019
Okay, so there was a lot to like and also a lot to... well not like.

So whilst the pacing felt like a monkey did 30 kilos of cocaine and was locked in a room with a laptop, the characters are shallow and their arcs unimportant (I think the main antagonist's basic social Darwinist ideology was the deepest in the entire show and it was only loosely alluded to) and the world-building was mediocre, it is undeniable that the fight choreography and the animation that was invested into those scenes were insane. I've rarely seen fights choreographed as well as those in TGOH, and even then it might be one or two fights a series, not EVERY fight.

The only problem, though, was that we didn't care enough about the fights, stakes or even the powers themselves (I barely understood half of that shit) in order to make it memorable.

Like for real, can someone please tell me what the fuck that fruit Jin ate was meant to do?

7/10; niche, does what it's attempting to really well. It stays in its lane where we can turn off our brains for 20 minutes a week and watch some orgasm-worthy animation.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Sep 29, 2020 8:41 AM
Jul 2013
Verty_ said:
Armados said:

Tell that to Kimetsu no Yaiba fans ;)

Here hoping that God of Highschool never gets adapted again. We don't need another shitty series to become mainstream like Dragon Ball Super did.

Demon Slayer had: Lots of cute girls, interesting characters, and a decent plot. This show has none of those things.

??? What plot? From the get-go we are set into a world where nothing is developed. The characters are shallow and too gimmicky to feel human. Zenitsu? An annoying piece of shit. Tanjirou? Literally feels sorry for everyone. Who cares if they tried killing him a second ago, gotta be a 100% goody two shoes who forgives anyone. The pillars behave just according to the pillar they represent, as if they are not real characters, and instead just represent a position. Michael Jackson's entire ideology doesn't fit with his actions, the demons are just "haha I am a demon I am superior to humans I'll eat you I'll kill you I am evil" and that's pretty much it. Its just another Bleach, that was adapted by Ufotable over Pierrot, and that's the only edge it has.

People adore Nezuko when she isn't even a character. She is just a mascot, essentially just another Pikachu that runs around doing nothing.
Sep 29, 2020 8:46 AM

Jan 2020
I enjoyed the show. I guess the animation and fight scenes were enough for this to at least be a 7/10 imo.
Sep 29, 2020 8:56 AM

Aug 2018
Overhyped. Average.
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Sep 29, 2020 9:19 AM

Jan 2008
Show was a complete mess. The story felt like a group playing the 3 word story game but with episodes. The only redeeming thing about this show were some of the fight scenes and even then it was only the hand to hand combat moments.
Sep 29, 2020 9:40 AM

Oct 2017
Sad that trash like this and SAO got gorgeous animation/ budget/ fight scene while other much better series got low budget to work with...

Guess as long as something is like a copy-paste of Dragon Ball and other shonen series, they'd get all the budget.

Mappa wasting its talent/ effort on garbage serie like this (sigh)
There're so many good shows they could have adapted instead...
Imagine Shinsekai Yori got GoHS budget... (bigger sigh)
Sep 29, 2020 9:46 AM

Oct 2017
ShinXShinra said:
As I expected. Anime should stay in Japan. There was so much wrong with this that i dont even know where to start. The soundtrack was the only good thing about it however I like my anime op & ed in Japanese please, not your k-pop shit thank you very much.

Yeah.
Let's not forget all the trash Netflix exclusive ugly CGI adaptation trainwreck animes.
Let's not forget that horrid Dragon Ball movie.
Sep 29, 2020 10:02 AM

Oct 2017
AcD4c said:
Just imagine if this show was animated by an average studio. Thank God it's over, take my 3/10.

Ikr.
Imagine if this anime get adapted by JC Staff.
Would have been a much better comedy of the season.
Sep 29, 2020 10:10 AM

Dec 2016
The ending was dull. I don't know what to say about this episode cause it was so confusing.

The anime started off nice but from the middle till the end the story was so all over the place. I could see how rushed it was even though I don't read the manhwa.

Their good quality animation and music can get overlooked just because of their rushed and jumbled storyboard. If only they followed the manhwa accordingly...

Music: 9/10
Animation: 8.75/10
Story: 6.5/10

Overall: 7/10
Rickydory123Sep 29, 2020 10:18 AM
Sep 29, 2020 10:48 AM
Sep 2019
One of the best anime I have ever seen in the fight scenes and animation!
The animation was sooo good, the fights were amazing I just wanna thank MAPPA for this masterpiece..they really work hard on it ..the story was a bit rushed but that make the anime more exciting ..never felt board while watching it ! And for all the haters if you don't like it you don't have to watch it :P
10/10 I would have given it 9/10 but ppl over hate it so I'll over love it coz it's underrated (not fair for me)
BlossomsartSep 29, 2020 3:59 PM
Sep 29, 2020 10:54 AM
Aug 2020
Blossomsart said:
One of the best anime I have ever seen !
The animation was sooo good, the fights were amazing I just wanna thank MAPPA for this masterpiece..they really work hard on it ..the story was little rushed but that

😂😂🤣🤣
Sep 29, 2020 11:38 AM

Nov 2013
great fights, decent characters (could be good if we knew more about them) and ofc way too rushed

it was still a fun time, and i didn't have any difficulty in watching it till the end, unlike other animesthis season... so i'll give it a 7, i might watch a season 2
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Sep 29, 2020 12:54 PM

Mar 2019
Anime with weakest sakuga's,
And i think it's the most rushed episode,
Now i don't have any hype for 2nd season,
Doesn't feel like its the last episode,
I don't know how good the manhwa is, but it seems a bit boring to me after the anime

Fight scenes are the one and only thing that i like about this, mappa did a great job(again).
HibisSep 29, 2020 1:05 PM
Sep 29, 2020 1:48 PM

Sep 2012
Thank god this absolutely horrible anime is over, cannot believe how awful last 4 episodes were.
Sep 29, 2020 2:24 PM

Mar 2017
Nice to see Goku & Naruto fighting Momoshiki owo
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
Sep 29, 2020 2:32 PM
Nov 2019
This show stopped making sense several episodes ago, the fights are well animated and all but that's all it has going for it. I still like all the characters but everything felt way too damn rushed. The fight between Mori and Jegal felt like it belonged near the end of the series instead of the first season.
Sep 29, 2020 4:35 PM

May 2020
This could've been an amazing anime, the start showed that it could've been a lot better than what we got, but, the biggest problem that we have here is the pacing. It's wayy off the mark, and it's not MAPPA's fault, like some people have said, it's Crunchyroll wanting to fill the story in just 13 episodes, MAPPA didn't have much of a change of making the pace any better, but they worked well on other sectors, the animation was impeccable, and the choreography was good as well, most of the OST were also good. But since it was rushed, the story and some characters didn't make any sense sometimes, so in the long run, it ended up being a really underwhelming show. For now it's a 5/10 for me, mediocre.
Sep 29, 2020 4:57 PM
Oct 2015
This is a total mess. So much potential wasted...
Sep 29, 2020 5:15 PM

Jun 2015
Well, overall it was a lot of process. I was thinking to myself at the start of the episode that they clearly ripping off the monkey king. It was obvious with the staff and the crown. Then of course the title popped up on screen blatantly saying monkey king. Which I admit took me by surprise as its a Chinese folk tale so it was a curve ball seeing it in a Korean written show.

Then there was the god who turned up and after using what I guess was a lot of power turned little. Which makes me wonder what came first. God of high school or Tsugumomo as the god shrinking is the same plot.

Not that it really matters what came first, its like the chicken and the egg. Still, a nice enjoyable ending with some epic powering up and kick ass battles. What more can you want.

Free Taiwan!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 29, 2020 6:07 PM
Jan 2020
And people were gloating how this was series was so much better than Tower of God. Time to eat crow.
Sep 29, 2020 6:34 PM
Oct 2017
I am so glad that this anime finally finished, I dont think that I am goong to watch it if it gets an second season.
I dont know if the problem is with me or the anime becausd I cant really understand what the heck is this shit about!! There is this magic things that I still dont get where came from or at least how it works and then in the last episodr they bring this strange dude who is really strong and want to destroy everything,wtfff?? By the way is there actually an purpose on doing this whole fighting tournement? It seems like they rushed this anime so much that I cant even say what is the plot anymore, or maybe I m just dumb.
Sep 29, 2020 7:34 PM

Oct 2017
PhoenixBlood said:
Thank god this absolutely horrible anime is over, cannot believe how awful last 4 episodes were.

Yeah last 4 episodes are horrible.
Would have been a blend 6~7 anime on my list from episode 1~9.
But as soon as they derail the story and give non-sensual powerups to mc group, the last 4 episodes dropped the score to 2 for me.
Sep 29, 2020 8:23 PM
May 2019
I love to see the fights, but I cant understand a lot of the history
Sep 29, 2020 8:38 PM

Dec 2014
Flashy episode, decent end.

This had one of the best opening episodes of the season, I was invested after that one but I think they progressed the anime at too fast of a pace to actually let us truly get invested in it. The action sequences are great, it's flashy, fast and dynamic but beyond that, the story while it started simple and great but by the last quarter, it was barely coherent with absurd amounts of escalations. The character seems like they could be a great bunch but we didn't get too much time with them. I'm assuming most of this is just an adaptation problem and I'll probably have to read the manhwa to experience the real God of High school, I guess at the very least the anime was successful in advertising the manhwa. I had issues with Tower of God's adaptation but this while starting stronger ended up worse than that one. Nevertheless, I think I'll read the manhwa at some point.

6/10
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bcra - Aug 3, 2020

239 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 29, 7:21 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

291 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 29, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 20, 2020

269 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 22, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 13, 2020

287 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:59 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

488 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.