Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 21, 2021 7:39 AM
Jun 2014
i don't know how to feel about Kureno and Akito kissing though and probably also having sex...

Apr 21, 2021 2:10 PM

Dec 2012
Everything about this episode was mind blowing. There's so much to say, but I guess the one thing is that this really conveyed how heavy a burden Akito has been carrying. Just as being one of the Zodiac animals is considered a curse, no doubt being bound by those bonds as its God is just as heavy.

The past three days that I've spent marathoning Fruits Basket have truly been surreal. I'm glad there's still the Final Season to look forward to, but I've basically been living & breathing this series for the past 72 hours and couldn't separate myself from it even once. I remember really enjoying the original anime when I watched it years ago, but this experience so far has been something completely different. There were so many moments where Fruits Basket spoke to me on a personal level and I feel like it was here for me right when I needed a wake up call in my own life. The blend of comedy & drama, the quirks of each character, the timing of every life lesson. Everything has felt so on point and I didn't feel like there has been a single wasted moment or idle episode thus far.

I think this is definitely the best time for a break as I collect my emotions for the final season. My heart aches from the wrenching tragedy but also flutters from all of the precious healing that has shone through all the way.

10/10 for both seasons and Fruits Basket might easily be shaping into one of my all time favorites.
Apr 26, 2021 10:12 AM

Jul 2019
Wow Kureno destroyed the curse he was always an odd one tho.

I feel bad for Uotani that she won't see him as of now tho. Everything here is really deep wow. Wonder what Shigure has on his mind because that guy is up to no good for sure.

Great ending to this season tho.
May 4, 2021 8:38 AM

Dec 2020
akito's a girl ?!!!! what ?!!?!!?!??! .. i actually thought that she was a girl at first but the show really Really pushed the he's a guy agenda lmao. and im kinda just like ? okay ? she's a girl .. ? yeah .. doesn't change the fact that she's an abusive piece of shit. none of the things i felt towards her before this has changed should this rly be This big of a deal. kureno having his curse broken out of the blue is more of a big deal to me tbh, can't wait to see the explanation for that. but overall it was a nice ending ep for the season
May 4, 2021 3:02 PM

Mar 2010
Damm that gender reveal has cost us many lives, No wonder akito has so many trantrums jk. But shit twas really surprising tbh. I always thought even from the first adaption that akito was a lad XD but what a fucking plot twist with Kureno's predicament. o.o

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 17, 2021 7:40 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Great way to end the season, I was suspicious with the start of the episode that Kureno had his bond already broken, but so it was, and for a long time now...

These 3 last episodes were also bangers, there is not a single episode this season I felt it was weak, sugoi!!
I m liking Machi development, she was cute in ep24, want to see more of her, and also Yuki development made me really happy, I think the mangaka couldn't have chosen better, going this way feels more refreshing and it is a reminder that woman and man can have very deep connections outside love or familial love, very endearing, Akito got bitch slapped when he made that stance to her.
The episode with the theater play was very amusing, I really like 99% of the casting on this series, I think Rin will be a great addition to many, but I also appreciate when I see characters like Hatori and Saki, especially for Saki, there is definitely nothing wrong with gothic style, she definitely has some cuteness power in her own way, just needs to find someone that can appreciate it.

Moving to the Final Season, I definitely want to see more Maki x Yuki and Rin x Haru~~
(thankfully, I already have a good deal of episodes to catch up with)

Overall, a great improvement on S1, it expands naturally, reveals with meaning, a drama that feels credible, and makes you connect to the characters even more than S1, and while I don't dig OP2 and ED1, OP1 I mostly never skipped and definitely, ED2 was a must always with really vibrant art.
I also feel like I was more aware of the soundtrack throughout this time, to me which is an improvement, some tracks coupled with the scenes really teared me up, I m a grown man and I love Fruits Basket.
Zero shame, top-tier SoL - drama with some best girls and best boys definitely!

9.1/10 = 9

If Final Season manages to improve, even more, I will consider giving it a 10, there were already 10/10 scenes on S2.

Ducstatiba2 said:
WHAT? Akito is a woman

I want the third season so bad now

You all saw she has a man? Well, I spoiled myself long ago, so most of the time I was just like, they really fucking with people here huh?
It was never implicit she was a he, like Akito, was never addressed as a guy, people just assumed it, it really is misleading, but for those that did not know, there also are small hints, the biggest one being, no way he is a man having such a bond with all these grown men, sorry but nah.

And look how Akito treated girls, mainly Tohru and Rin.
PlaycoolMay 17, 2021 7:46 AM
May 20, 2021 7:27 PM
May 2021
Does anyone really dislike Akito as much as i do she's manipulative, selfish and not a nice person what so ever
Jun 1, 2021 8:50 AM

Apr 2020
Wait wtf. Akito being a female was a spoiler? I got spoiled without knowing wtf

It was really shocking that Kureno's curse was already broken

And so apparently, what Akito saw in Kureno's eyes in the backstory was the same as what she saw in Yuki's last episode

i hate myself for sleeping on this show for so long

(maybe)9/10
Jun 19, 2021 9:15 AM

Jul 2010
The second half of this season was very good.

I wasn't spoiled that Akito was a woman. It certainly was a surprise. But I cannot understand its significance. I think that changes nothing about the story. We knew that Akito was more attracted to older male zodiac members, but I thought he was just bisexual. Well, let's see why it is significant in the next season.
Jul 8, 2021 9:10 AM

Apr 2010
So I'm a manga reader, but one who's forgotten everything lol! I'd forgotten about Kureno ENTIRELY, so now I'm confused - and if someone can give me their thoughts, I'd love to hear them:

If Kureno was freed, he was freed from his bond, of Akito being unshakable/god etc. So let's say, initially, he stayed to get the little girl to stop crying. But after a certain point, he could have just left. He could have gotten fed up of his life and walked out the door.
More importantly, he could have been a whistleblower - like I get it, if he had, and it failed, Akito would have hunted him down etc etc. But like... he could have protected his zodiac brethren. He let so much horribleness happen, and that's just...unforgivable. He's a man and she's a frail girl, as he himself said, so whenever she was literally abusing the others, he could have physically stopped her.
I don't have any sympathy for Akito, she doesn't deserve the grace of Kureno being by her side. But he shouldn't have given it, shouldn't have been complicit, and that, in my eyes at least, makes him just as bad as Akito. Perhaps even worse, since Akito probably can't control it cuz of the curse, but Kureno CAN.
itssimplymeJul 8, 2021 9:14 AM
Aug 7, 2021 9:49 PM

Jul 2021
itssimplyme said:
So I'm a manga reader, but one who's forgotten everything lol! I'd forgotten about Kureno ENTIRELY, so now I'm confused - and if someone can give me their thoughts, I'd love to hear them:

If Kureno was freed, he was freed from his bond, of Akito being unshakable/god etc. So let's say, initially, he stayed to get the little girl to stop crying. But after a certain point, he could have just left. He could have gotten fed up of his life and walked out the door.
More importantly, he could have been a whistleblower - like I get it, if he had, and it failed, Akito would have hunted him down etc etc. But like... he could have protected his zodiac brethren. He let so much horribleness happen, and that's just...unforgivable. He's a man and she's a frail girl, as he himself said, so whenever she was literally abusing the others, he could have physically stopped her.
I don't have any sympathy for Akito, she doesn't deserve the grace of Kureno being by her side. But he shouldn't have given it, shouldn't have been complicit, and that, in my eyes at least, makes him just as bad as Akito. Perhaps even worse, since Akito probably can't control it cuz of the curse, but Kureno CAN.

I totally agree with your opinions of kureno and akito. It got me really upset that he just stayed silent every single time akito acted up. When she hurt kisa, attempted to murder Rin, caused a lot of hurt to hatori and others. He mentioned that he stayed with her out of pity but what made him stay later on, was it to protect himself, akito or the other zodiacs. We can't he even say that he fell for her because he said Uo-chan is the first person he fell in love with.
Aug 7, 2021 9:59 PM

Jul 2021
Some stupid theory about why kureno curse broke -

The 'bond' between God and zodiacs is for when zodiacs need God. They feel some kind of emotional connection to God either they love or hate etc,. But when they become indifferent the 'bond' is no longer needed. I think this mightve happened in case of kureno.

After that aktio became twisted in order to keep every zodiac under her thumb.

When Yuki said he forgave akito and that he's the one to blame, he didn't feel anything about akito and there's no longer a need for bond. That's what akito saw in his eyes the same thing she saw in kurenos eyes back then.
Aug 15, 2021 12:23 PM
Aug 2021
Okay am I the only one who new Akito was a women all along? Like wth! Why is everyone so surprised. I seriously cannot wrap my head around that fact. Why else would she be clinging on to Shigure the whole time. I mean I really don't get why people thought she was a dude. I was confused when her character was first introduced but it was cleared within an episode or two. Idk why it took so long for ppl to realise. Or is it a mistake on my part in assuming her to be a women? God this is mind baffling!
Aug 26, 2021 4:21 PM

Dec 2015
Overall, it was a surprising improvment over Season 1. While the previous season barely managed to stay on a 7/10, having not only some pacing issues, but some weak narratives, this Season makes a huge improvment, making almost every episode extremely engaging and thrilling. Pretty safe 8/10 and I'm looking foward to the really hyped "The Final".
Sep 11, 2021 3:49 PM

Jul 2015
God cannot exist without the zodiac members? shouldn't it be the other way around logic-wise? Ending the season with some big reveals of Kureno having broken the curse already to Akito being a woman. I personally didn't particularly care for the 'shocking gender' reveal as she's still a shitty person even if she was a guy.

Sep 19, 2021 8:46 PM
May 2017
I have the impression that Yuki is gonna be the key to breaking the so-called curse/bond of the zodiacs and Akito. At the scene where Yuki defied Akito she asked him the same thing she asked Kureno when he broke the bond.
Nov 20, 2021 8:53 AM

Mar 2013
I didn't know, that turn of events was shocking. To think their "kami" would be a girl, while it may not surprise some of us, it is a big deal.

Looking back, most of Akito's behavior is that of a childish boy that always whines whenever he can't acquire something. Most of Akito's actions that was animated can't even be called boyish but of a boy brat. Another thought that comes to mind why he or in this episode, "she" became like this could be because of her sheltered life. (Her maids is probably one of the annoying characters in the story)

I'm still dumbfounded what evil thoughts are running through Shigure's. Is he simply jealous of Kureno's standing/place beside Akito or is there some more to it? I can't wait to learn more!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 15, 2021 11:44 AM

Dec 2007
damn what a final. we learned so much but yet not the whole story, like a book ending with the hint key for the whole riddles but the answers left out.
the fact that akito is a girl solved me many wrong things the series had presented like it's "ok" lol.

about the season. definitely better than the 1st one and good one.
felt that there's a lot progression in the story, lot of characters shifting with one and another making the progression of the story to continue.
i felt that most 10-20 episodes were dedicated to yuki, the development were fine, he's not my favourite but much more likeable.
9/10 to the season

seems to me next season gonna be on kyo and akito.
oh and i hope we would know already what shigure planned for tohru lol.
Jan 6, 2022 11:52 PM
Oct 2013
honestly can't really enjoy this episode, because of that annoying brat Akito.

I hope her flashback in season 3 could justify her behavior.

Jan 21, 2022 6:33 PM

Jan 2010
These past few episodes have been a roller coaster of developments, holy crap.

Years ago, I knew the spoiler of Akito being a woman, though I never quite understood why that was a spoiler. Even now, it seems like such a huge revelation, though I'm not sure yet what it means. I'm looking forward to the next season to see where these developments go. I'm incredibly surprised at Yuki standing his ground against Akito and, while he was smashed in the face with that bottle, he still didn't back down. He wasn't stoic, angry, nor defiant, he just seemed understandably taken aback at the moment, but maintained his composure throughout. Great stuff.

Also, I'm watching the dub, and damn does it do a great job overall. Special mention to Kureno in this episode, that was amazing work.
Mar 1, 2022 9:38 PM

Nov 2015
YESSS, THIS IS WHAT I REMEMBERED!! Kureno embracing Tohru and the birds flying away... and they finally disclose that Akito is a woman!! AHHHH, SO EXCITING!! Can't wait for the next episode!! I didn't remember him not being a part of the zodiac anymore though! I thought it just happened one day, not too long ago...

Mar 1, 2022 9:39 PM

Nov 2015
Cencra said:
YESSS, THIS IS WHAT I REMEMBERED!! Kureno embracing Tohru and the birds flying away... and they finally disclose that Akito is a woman!! AHHHH, SO EXCITING!! Can't wait for the next episode!! I didn't remember him not being a part of the zodiac anymore though! I thought it just happened one day, not too long ago...

I can also see why Akito is so insecure and possesive, because she already "lost" one of the zodiac members!! "Hurt people hurt people"... :O
Mar 27, 2022 3:56 AM

May 2021
So, Akito is a woman, huh. I love how I got spoiled without knowing I got spoiled.

May 30, 2022 10:21 AM

Nov 2020
Lol literally first time I saw Akito, i was wondering "Why they call this girl 'he' ?"

This plot twist just made me indefferent

Jun 14, 2022 5:03 AM
Dec 2020
I already thought Akito was a woman, maybe due to the comments.
Finale was good
Aug 9, 2022 9:53 PM
Aug 2022
it was awesome really setting up the last season
Aug 13, 2022 9:41 PM
Jun 2022
Well, Tohru male version isn't actually a zodiac animal. He was, but the curse broke and he literally has know idea why. And he feels like he can't leave Akito, which is so sad, because he can. He isn't bonded by the curse any longer.

Also, I've known Akito is a woman this whole time. How did Tohru not know this?!
Sep 18, 2022 2:34 PM

Jan 2008
Kureno's curse broke a long time ago but he's still a caged bird stuck by a promise.
Oct 14, 2022 6:09 PM
Jan 2017
I reeeeeally loved this season. this really expanded more on the characters' depth and reaaallly plays like a deep drama now moreso than a rom-com ^^ 9/10
still not into momichi's VA or Young Yuki's VA but beyond that loving the character's archs ^^
Nov 20, 2022 10:59 AM
Jan 2020
HES A GIRL OOGABOOGA
Jan 9, 2023 8:31 PM
Apr 2020
One of my favorites!! I love this show with all of my heart
Jan 22, 2023 3:54 PM

Jun 2020
She's a girl?! That means all can be forgiven of her attempted manslaughter on Rin and  threatening to kill people and Physically assaulting Tohru!
Mar 27, 2023 12:34 AM
Nov 2020
Akito being a woman makes so much sense.
May 21, 2023 6:46 AM
Apr 2023
Goooooooooooooooooooood
Jun 28, 2023 9:09 AM
Nov 2020
I LOVE LOVE THE ENDINF
Jul 23, 2023 12:16 PM
Jun 2023
estubo muy bueno ya quiero ver el final
Sep 27, 2023 11:31 AM

Apr 2018
A great episode ending.

You can't really do better ending for a season 2.

Now we all want to jump to see what's season 3 has to offer.

Glad that this season was more focus on romance.
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
Oct 29, 2023 3:48 PM

Aug 2018
AKITO IS ACTUALLY A GIRL?
Well, I don't know about you, but I always thought Akito was a guy that wanted a men harem around him, so this came out as a surprise for me, but it explains why Akito is so mean to the girl members of the Zodiac in a way (although even if Akito was a guy that could be explained too).
But what really surprised me was Kureno is not bond to the curse anymore, yet, he's still trapped to Akito due to the promise he made, and due to the fact she's just manipualtes everyone... The fact that he can't live his life as human, and just accepted to be Akito's Pity boyfriend is so sad... Everytime we hear about this man it just gets sadder, I really hope he gets some happy final in the last season, because he already went through so much.
I also never thought Akito actually had a romantic relationship with Kureno though, I always thought it was something more like "possessive" than anything (well, it still is, but you get what I mean). I was not expecting them showing us that artwork of them kissing, I really didn't know this relationship was a thing, and that for me was also a big reveal too!
I have a question though, what's exactly the age of Akito? I though she was the same age as Yuki and Kyo, but it seems like she's closer to the age of Kureno? Also, Kureno is younger than the Shigure and his classmates, right?
I just love how this anime is making Shigure as this really omnious character, at this point, I still don't really understand what are his objectives, but from this last episode, it seems like he's jealous of Kureno's relationship with Akito, and he also said something in the lines that "Akito should do something about how the rest of the zodiacs are treating her", which made me rethink a lot about his motives.

With this reveal, it mades me wonder: was the break of Kureno's bond the breaking point for Akito? They made clear this episode she only exists for the Zodiac members of the Sohma family, and while before she was certain they would stay by her side, due to the "bond", with Kureno's bond breaking it made her realize she couldn't have it as a given that the zodiac members would be by her side solely by the bond, so she just resorted to this harsh manipulation technique she's doing with all of them? It explains why she's so insecure, and why she reacted the way she did to Yuki's words last episode.
Also, if Kureno is not the Rooster spirit, then who is? The spirit wouldn't just vanish, right?

I have so many questions, and the story only gets more and more interesting, I can't wait to watch the Final Season! Can't believe this anime is already ending though, I love it so much, even those moments that are more "filler" like, they just fill my heart!

This season was incredible, we got so many awesome moments, so much character development and so new reveals of the plot! Even with episodes that were only the characters interacting with each other were amazing! We got some new characters and some ships started sailing, and I'm loving all of that! I have really high hopes for the final season, and by the score it has, I know for sure I will be loving the final season even more. Fruits Basket has everything to be one of my favorite animes of all time, it will really depend on this final season!
About this season, I only have to say 2 things: it's a 10/10, and I WANT MORE!
Jan 13, 10:02 AM
Jan 2023
foi vendida como uma temporada de praia mas a praia só dura uns 3 ou 4 episodios, bem poucos pra uma temporada de 25 episodios
Mar 25, 12:12 AM

Oct 2017
I'm just so jealous of this bitch Akito becoming one with Kureno but I also hate Kureno to still be dragged around her only for feeling sorry for her. But she's a psycho bitch! She doesn't deserve all that love! I trully hope he ends up with Arisa but at this point I don't know if Kureno deserves her!
-¡Give yourself to me!
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Aug 3, 2020

162 by haniayasmine »»
Apr 21, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 17, 2020

74 by anijumper44 »»
Apr 3, 4:41 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2020

141 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 24, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

90 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 24, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2020

123 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 24, 3:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.