Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 4, 2020 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, that's a tough beating that Ryouko took this episode. Interestingly enough, the episode also explored more of her background story. I do find it interesting that at such an young age, she's already exposed to the dark side of Academy City, although not too surprising.

Pretty cool to see the various esper abilities being used this episode.

Sep 4, 2020 6:59 AM

Nov 2007
Scientist girl afraid about the danger, but other scientist not wanting to hear her out.

Cyborg girl found her, but those group appeared at the end of last ep. came for both.

The girl was weak bodied when she was little, so she became scientist herself to have a stronger body but ended up making cyborg.

Since that worst case scenario happened, the doll was controlled by the soul that filled out.

Main girl, after stopping the one that got the real one, met up with the rest of the group.

Fight continues
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 4, 2020 7:10 AM

Apr 2010
The four seem to be in a though spot and i can't say that i dislike that.
Especially the brat i dislike the brat so much that i honestly enjoyed the scene where the arm was broken.
I surprised myself during that moment, normally i don't like it when other people get hurt.

In any case we got a explination for the Indian Poker and it looks like they are solving the problems so looking forward to next week.
Sep 4, 2020 7:11 AM

Jul 2012
Great episode! Really like Scavenger fighting scenes.

Leader with PTSD fighting Accel ... The reaction on meeting Mikoto =/ Can't wait to see what's next.
Sep 4, 2020 9:39 AM

Aug 2013
First Accelerator and now Railgun. The Scavenger have the worst luck.
Their leader getting her arm broken in the worst way.

Sep 4, 2020 9:40 AM

Feb 2019
Great episode, loved the scavenger fight scenes, but damn I feel bad for Ryouko. She really took a beating today. Looking forward to next week’s fight, sad to think we only have a few more weeks left of Railgun :/
Sep 4, 2020 10:04 AM

Mar 2018
Great Episode and I can't wait for next
Sep 4, 2020 10:11 AM

Jan 2019
Great episode.

I don't know why the spinning truck slowly approaching the Doppelganger from the back made me laugh that much, but it did.

Scavenger dealing with another level 5. Leader be like: FUKOU DA.
misaka-9982Sep 4, 2020 12:19 PM
Sep 4, 2020 10:11 AM

Sep 2014
Poor Seike consecutively gets beaten up by two Level 5s.
Sep 4, 2020 10:16 AM

May 2018
Scavenger = Jobber for Level 5
Sep 4, 2020 10:19 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Gee, Seike and co. really have some ridiculous luck! Accelerator followed by Railgun, I wonder what'll come next if they manage to survive this ordeal xD.

Got to love those moments of opponents figuring out Misaka's identity at the very end before the final blow, I'll never get tired of 'em. And their over-confidence just prior to it makes it even more hype-worthy.

On to the serous bit now, looks like the Doppelganger is aware of a lot of tid-bits after all. Splitting the soul and then the soul eating up the town in the process definitely sounds like a stretch even for this series but seeing how the fight progressed with her taking control of the papers and the earth, I'm starting to think we've got ourselves something to look forward to!

Misaka seeing a part of herself in the victim/observer/test-subject was really nice too. And the clips from the Sisters arc! God, I love that arc.

Appreciated the little moment with Kuroko, too. Just the perfect calm before the storm, I suppose.

Next episode preview promises a banger to look forward to and I comply wholeheartedly!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 4, 2020 10:34 AM

Dec 2010
I always love me some Railgun action <3

Misaka being the badass she really is. Interesting that robot girl can "steal?" abilities
Sep 4, 2020 11:13 AM

Dec 2018
Did I get it right, sailor girl beaten by Misaka is actually a boy?

She said "we are boys" or something like that in the fight.
Sep 4, 2020 11:52 AM

Jun 2020
As a manga reader I can 100% say that misaka meeting scavenger is going to be hilarious
Sep 4, 2020 12:01 PM

Jan 2008
At this point, the Scavengers may as well be a comedy group. Absolutely love it when new people react to encountering Misaka for the first time. Would have been even more awesome if Misaki was tagging along for a reaction to 2 Level 5's.

The arm breaking was quite gruesome. I guess she's lucky the entire hand didn't get torn off.
Sep 4, 2020 12:03 PM

Aug 2009
Marcos_Aspira said:

Yep, they "have the same package".

Glad someone noticed.
Sep 4, 2020 12:17 PM

Feb 2014
Scavenger have some pretty terrible luck right now. It's not been too long since Accelerator gave them a beating and now they have to deal with the intimidating challenge of dealing with the Doppelganger, which is proving to be a very tough indeed.

The poor leader had her hand crushed by the intense strength of Doppel, which was made even more grimacing with the audio of the hand crushing itself. Naru's valiant efforts were strong, but it was for nothing as Doppel took a part of her bunny battle suit and fused herself with it. Good thing the trio got away while they could.

As for Seike, he was a little too rough with Ryouko, which led to his fight against Misaka, which was very one-sided. Yes, Seike is a guy, as he thought Misaka was a boy in her outfit and mentioned about them "having the same package".

I do look forward to the next episode. Misaka's meeting with Scavenger's leader is going to be very entertaining and the preview showcased a bit of the fight against Doppel as well. That has me hyped! =D

misaka-9982 said:
I don't why the spinning truck slowly approaching the Doppelganger from the back made me laugh that much, but it did.

Same here. If you insert the Beyblade opening theme into this scene, then it would be even funnier. XD
Sep 4, 2020 12:17 PM

May 2020
ssjokg said:
Marcos_Aspira said:

Glad someone noticed.
Oh. It seems the Toaruverse finally has a trap. (I don't remember there being any before)
I'm autistic, male and Norweigan
Sep 4, 2020 12:33 PM

Aug 2009
Querez8504 said:
ssjokg said:

Glad someone noticed.
Oh. It seems the Toaruverse finally has a trap. (I don't remember there being any before)

Well Aleister, the director of Academy City is one.At least in the novels is described as looking both as a man and woman. Accelerator is also one with characters questioning his gender in early parts. Actually Accelaretor with a skirt looks more like a girl than Seike does.

There is LN New Testament's
. I doubt I am forgetting anyone else.
Sep 4, 2020 2:10 PM

Mar 2015
"I take it you're all together?" LOL Loved it!!
The sword that takes life gives life
Sep 4, 2020 2:31 PM

Nov 2019
This episode was epic as expected, but poorly narrated at the same time. They just adapted bits like the scavenger confrontation, Ryoko backstory, Misaka and Misaki dialogues, call with Kuroko (stop messing with her doll, she'll kill ya!) and the fights involving Doppelganger (savage cyborg) and Seike, jumping from one scene to another. Still enjoyed it tho.

The scavengers are jobbing hard, just their luck! Also that moment when a trap finds a reverse trap.

We like Naru and co a bit more now; Misaka walking towards them like Jotaro was hilarious.

Next episode is gonna be fun.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Sep 4, 2020 3:10 PM
Jun 2019
I just love how all the characters randomly meet and interact. Scavengers reaction is pure gold xD
Sep 4, 2020 3:33 PM

Aug 2019
damn that girl that misaka obliterated is actually a trap? the first time a trap actually caught me lacking wow.
Sep 4, 2020 4:00 PM

Apr 2012
w8, have they explained how the cyborg can use other's powers? or she can only use the papers cose of some logic of electricity and paper idk about (cose she is a cyborg) i am kind of confused here.
Great episode btw, and honestly, for me the peak for this anime is reaching lvl6, i really hope that cyborg does that :P
Angry_By_DefaultSep 4, 2020 4:05 PM
Sep 4, 2020 4:10 PM

Apr 2015
So the Dobbelganger can also steal other's abilities, that's gonna be an interesting point later on I am betting!

I am gonna keep saying it, Misaka in casual clothes is <3

I love these reactions whenever people or a group run into Misaka and go "Railgun???" The Scavenger group had a pretty good reaction as well!

Man that preview looks so lit!
Sep 4, 2020 4:27 PM

May 2019
It was good to see more about Ryouko's past and how the other situations about the Indian Poker in the latest episodes get connected. That cyborg's self-defense system is very curious, maybe the "soul" could help it by manipulating papers, rocks, etc.
Sep 4, 2020 5:07 PM

Jan 2020
Scavenger is so unlucky haha
Sep 4, 2020 7:04 PM

Jul 2013
Slightly disappointed they took this out (I'll hide it under a spoiler) before Seike was taken out by Mikoto but ah well:

Still wondering whether Chapter 97.5 will be adapted

Pretty good episode overall, I'd say.
Sep 4, 2020 7:29 PM
Jan 2014
Can't believe this anime managed to make me sympathetic about a mob villain group who was depicted as evil in Accelerator. Reminder that they slaughtered the Anti-Skill, with Yomikawa on scene.

SandyBoi said:
Slightly disappointed they took this out (I'll hide it under a spoiler) before Seike was taken out by Mikoto but ah well:

Still wondering whether Chapter 97.5 will be adapted

Pretty good episode overall, I'd say.

I think that's about Hamazura. Touma only met and fought 2 level-5. And it wasn't really a fight with Mikoto.
Hamazura "fought" Accelerator, Kakine, and Mugino at least.
Sep 4, 2020 7:39 PM

Jul 2013
vangoz said:

I think that's about Hamazura. Touma only met and fought 2 level-5. And it wasn't really a fight with Mikoto.
Hamazura "fought" Accelerator, Kakine, and Mugino at least.

It's not. Touma's met 4 of them.
Also, it's not about whether he fought them or not, it's about a level 0 encountering a lvl 5, which he has.
In order of who Touma has met, it's:

In case you forgot, Railgun's Daihasei arc hints that Misaki knows Touma personally.
Sep 4, 2020 8:42 PM

Dec 2017
"I'm not exactly a hero", definitely sounds like Toaru series alright.

This arc is definitely reaching a climax now. And i guess the scavengers aren't all female after all.
Objectivity? In my anime scoring? Of course not...
Sep 4, 2020 8:56 PM

Nov 2019
Lol wtf I've read the manga since way back in 2016, and I just found out Seike a trap smh, good thing I'm into traps

anime-primeSep 6, 2020 10:36 AM
Sep 4, 2020 9:12 PM

Jan 2019
Xaralabos13 said:
w8, have they explained how the cyborg can use other's powers? or she can only use the papers cose of some logic of electricity and paper idk about (cose she is a cyborg) i am kind of confused here.
Great episode btw, and honestly, for me the peak for this anime is reaching lvl6, i really hope that cyborg does that :P

They explained how breaking the Doppelganger's vessel would lead to its soul pouring out into Academy City and how it could posses all sorts of things.

Doppelganger gaining some of Scavenger's abilities is an example of that.
Sep 4, 2020 10:28 PM

Apr 2012
misaka-9982 said:
Xaralabos13 said:

They explained how breaking the Doppelganger's vessel would lead to its soul pouring out into Academy City and how it could posses all sorts of things.

Doppelganger gaining some of Scavenger's abilities is an example of that.

oh right, i remember thinking that its soul would come out when it broke but then nothing happened so i forgot about the soul think. ty for reminding me
Sep 5, 2020 5:24 AM

May 2015
Noice fight. Porr scavenger. Running ingo level 5's and shit.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 5, 2020 10:12 PM

Oct 2008
Scavenger group must have bad luck in encountering another level 5 hahaha!

Sep 6, 2020 9:47 AM

Jun 2015
'Railgun'!!!! And thus ends the episode and the audience cries more more more give me more!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 6, 2020 11:14 PM

Oct 2017
I feel bad for they scavengers lol, they keep getting the short end of the stick. After Accelerator obliterated them now they face Misaka XD.
Sep 8, 2020 12:13 PM

Jun 2010
These scavenger guys are so unlucky. XD
Sep 8, 2020 9:47 PM

Jan 2013
It's always so amusing to see when someone messes um with Misaka and thinks that he/she is stronger than her until they realize who it actually is xD Even if they don't realize who she is, she will show them xD

The whole backstory of that girl was pretty sad, it was never her objective to create an evil machine. I still wonder if there is a way for them to save the cyborg.

The next episode will be epic, can't wait!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 9, 2020 1:50 AM

Jul 2013
https://twitter.com/gouranga_/status/1302397357699391488

This is about when Mikoto seemingly 'teleported' during her fight with Seike. That's not what actually happened.
Instead she used

Mikoto also does this in Railgun SS3:
Sep 9, 2020 7:49 PM

Jul 2015
The no-name team there has some of the worst luck, getting involved with three out of seven of the top espers. And seeing as they really needed to make this one a success, I can only imagine things getting worse from here for them.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 9, 2020 10:14 PM

Apr 2015
I still just can't get over just how incredibly BS the soul explanation is.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Sep 10, 2020 2:11 AM

Aug 2009
SandyBoi said:
https://twitter.com/gouranga_/status/1302397357699391488

This is about when Mikoto seemingly 'teleported' during her fight with Seike. That's not what actually happened.
Instead she used

And they managed to retcon Silent Party even further with this.

Nice I guess. Doesnt change the fact they animated that instead of either of the two Railgun SS.
Sep 17, 2020 5:03 PM

Aug 2018
Great episode!
Finally some scavenger action!

Poor them they always encountered Level 5 espers now its Misaka lol

an easy 5/5 episode!
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Sep 17, 2020 5:06 PM

Aug 2018
Great episode!
Finally some scavenger action!

Poor them they always encountered Level 5 espers now its Misaka lol

an easy 5/5 episode!
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Sep 23, 2020 12:45 AM

Aug 2017
The Scavengers put a good fight against the Doppelgänger but she's too strong. They're the Team Rocket of the franchise lmao.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 9, 2020 10:07 PM

Dec 2013
Scavenger is hilariously unlucky running into another level 5.
Oct 22, 2020 11:21 AM

Nov 2016
Scavengers getting their ass kicked again, lol.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 6, 2021 7:49 AM

Sep 2012
FMmatron said:
Scavengers getting their ass kicked again, lol.

they were put there just to make Misaka look more bad ass then she is :D
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Season 4?

removed-user - Jan 20, 2022

12 by waalex11 »»
May 2, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2020

95 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 29, 6:24 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

127 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2020

105 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Aug 7, 2020

54 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 3:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.