Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 13, 2020 1:38 PM
Nov 2019
Too rushed - another Manhwa advert.....

Watch the anime, not be able to work out WTF is going on with the characters & world building, so have to read the source to make any sense out of it...

Still better than ToG adaptation.
Jul 13, 2020 1:43 PM
Jul 2019
Oh so The God of Hand, Park Mujin just walk into the Pentagon, so is it them Koreans turn to play the god-tier thing this time???

You know that fight between Tai Chi Guy Go Gamdo and Big baddie Tekwondo/MMA /Kickboxer Kang Manseol kinda reminds of of this (Check Youtube Link)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmzcEwSAv-M
Horn_dawg_2019Jul 13, 2020 1:56 PM
Jul 13, 2020 1:53 PM

May 2016
Heger said:
I like the way that they use martial arts with a superhuman power but it's a bit weird that anime is never mentioned about why people can jump 15 meter high or stop motorcycle with a single punch. I'm waiting an explanation in next episode.

There has to be some explanation, the last dude using paralysis(?) powers kind of threw me off.
Jul 13, 2020 2:05 PM

Feb 2020
They kept up the awesome animation and even with the slightly fast pacing there's really close to nothing wrong with the anime. I wonder what his punishment is gonna be though, I'm nervous.

tysm iva-πŸ’πŸ’œ

Jul 13, 2020 2:06 PM

Nov 2014
Whenever I see the president i always think of Keiji Fujiwara voicing iron-man. I wish he was here to still voice
Jul 13, 2020 2:11 PM

Jan 2012
I can't get used to the weird style of everyone having a permanent cold... For some reasons this didn't bother me last episode...

I'm so sad I was expecting more of taichi guy >< He should have given up when the referee asked him. What was that? Pride? Giving up is better than getting your arm disabled forever. Then again their healing technology seems very advanced...
Jul 13, 2020 2:13 PM

Jan 2018
Damn, Man-seok's way too merciless. Never expected to saw that backstory. Looks like it really affected him to the part that he doesn't care on what will happen to the other participants.

Mori just went in to save Go huh, too bad he'll face the consequences for interference.

Park Mujin's still a mysterious figure, need more info on him.
Jul 13, 2020 2:16 PM
Apr 2019
Gonna be honest, felt this was kinda rushed. Whilst the animation was amazing, I felt the pacing was a little off. Loved that moment when Jin just appears in the ring though. Hopefully, they won't rush any other fights. Still, the triple kick was pretty cool. And the soundtracks are dope too
Jul 13, 2020 2:17 PM

Jul 2019
very nice ep lol.

i also found the webtoons and crunchyroll logos on the fighting arena amusing

𝘚𝘰, 𝘸𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘒𝘯 𝘰𝘢𝘳 𝘡𝘳𝘒𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘯𝘰𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨, 𝘭𝘦𝘒𝘴𝘡 𝘰𝘧 𝘒𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘰π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨
Jul 13, 2020 2:19 PM

May 2016
GGOD DAMN THAT WAS A FUCKING AWESOME EPISODE.
Also fuck crunchyroll for putting their shitty name in the anime.

I can tell this will be way way better than tower of god.
Jul 13, 2020 2:27 PM

Apr 2010
Why everyone has a red nose? Are they drunk or what?
Jul 13, 2020 2:37 PM
Oct 2019
Not really a fan of how they ended ep 1 on a cliffhanger and just resumed the story with them going back home only to give us a 15 second flashback on the turnout of the events, despite that the battle scenes and animation never fail to impress

The big guy is sadistic AF, that scene with him breaking the other dude's arm who refused to give reminded me a lot of Hanzo vs Gon from HxH's hunter exam
Jul 13, 2020 2:43 PM
Jan 2018
Honestly really good, once the action kicked into top gear the episode flew by so fast! Got me craving the next ep. so badly!
Jul 13, 2020 2:48 PM

Aug 2015
This will be very DBZ like, apparently. It goes crazy without explanation at all, but hey, if the show is about that, I won´t complain too much.

Our protagonist is very Goku like and his friends are Kagura from Gintama and the serious dude #1000. They are likable at least.

The animation is very good, I hope they maintain that for the main fights.
Jul 13, 2020 2:56 PM

Feb 2015
I like the way there is no messing around, straight into the action. Im Really glad I picked this one up after being in the fence thinking it would be standard battle shounen shite. Excellent second episode.
Jul 13, 2020 2:58 PM

Jun 2015
Anything that isn't exclusive to this adaption is so awful. Well whatever, it's still enjoyable to watch mainly for the animation, style and ost.
Jul 13, 2020 3:01 PM

Mar 2011
Kinben69 said:
Infinite said:

The material is good and explained. The adaptation is at fault here.

I'm not going to disagree that the adaptation is likely ruining the experience somewhat by skipping through the manga at breakneck speed, but I only think it's making it worse, I don't think the original material (based purely on what I'm seeing here) was that good either.

For a show like this, which is inherently ridiculous, I don't think it can afford to take itself incredibly seriously, and I fear it's heading in that direction. I could be wrong though. The dialogue and story beats we've had so far are perfunctory, the author had the main plot points he wanted, and used the minimum effort to get there.

Mayo-13 said:
Infinite said:

I second this. Though I will say that the episode kept me entertained at the very least with the fight choreography and animation, which seem to be the best part of the show.

I was on board with the action mostly, although that triple kick onto nothingness looked like an animation mistake, I don't care if it was intentional or a "design choice".
Jul 13, 2020 3:10 PM
Dec 2018
TGAvi said:
DruMzTV said:
2 episodes in 12 chapters in the webtoon. (+ they skipped a ton of shit) pretty garbage adaptation tbh

Nah
Its still enjoyable adaptation
You should know webtoon and anime
They diffrent Media so don't compare in each panel

if you cut out the first 3 chapters that establish the character motivations, thats a garbage adaptation, easy
Jul 13, 2020 3:30 PM

Aug 2019
Infinite said:
Mayo-13 said:

I second this. Though I will say that the episode kept me entertained at the very least with the fight choreography and animation, which seem to be the best part of the show.

I was on board with the action mostly, although that triple kick onto nothingness looked like an animation mistake, I don't care if it was intentional or a "design choice".

Again, totally agree with you there, though the image of that move someone posted here definitely looked far better.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Jul 13, 2020 3:51 PM

Jan 2013
so far so bad....quite lackluster and unoriginal.
Jul 13, 2020 3:57 PM

Oct 2018
the animation is top notch without a doubt but they are skipping too much chapters?! I hope they don't do that to attack on titan. :((((((((
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Jul 13, 2020 4:07 PM
Apr 2015
DruMzTV said:
TGAvi said:

Nah

if you cut out the first 3 chapters that establish the character motivations, thats a garbage adaptation, easy

First three chaptets is so simple
they still can gave us as flashback
Jul 13, 2020 4:09 PM
Apr 2015
emraanash said:
the animation is top notch without a doubt but they are skipping too much chapters?! I hope they don't do that to attack on titan. :((((((((

Adaptaion is fast but still so good
Its reminds me of inuyashiki and banana fish
Jul 13, 2020 4:25 PM
Aug 2016
I just know that not everybody watch anime for the story! Cause the pacing of the story is so meh, too fast, too rushed. It's like watching only the highlight of what's happening, and the main highlight will have more time on screen. And even I haven't read the manhwa! Yet there're still people who enjoy this anime. I guess the animation and sakuga are cool and all, but for my taste, the spices are the balance between the animation blended with the story.

The fight choreography will be a good portfolio for MAPPA, I guess?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2020 4:31 PM

Nov 2018
DruMzTV said:
TGAvi said:

Nah

They are going to do the flashbacks, the way he introduced the characters in the webtoon was honestly not that great, specialy considering he just repeat their backstories and motivations with more details later. They are cutting stuff yes, but only unnecesary stuff, like for example the shitty bikers atacking them in the bridge, made no sense in the webtoon.
TougenJul 13, 2020 4:52 PM
Jul 13, 2020 4:57 PM

Mar 2010
I can't seem to get any sense of the power scaling... everything just feels so off.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 13, 2020 4:57 PM
Apr 2019
Woahhhhh this episode was so frkn good. Shivers ran down my spine, and my heart. The fighting scenes man!! It reminds of when I used to watch DBZ. I love this. I can still feel the effects this episode had on my body. Man GoH you are too good .
Jul 13, 2020 4:59 PM

Jan 2020
This episode brought my 8 up to a 9. The fight scenes and sound design were excellent and I really, really enjoyed the pacing of this episode. It felt like only 5 minutes passed by when it was actually around 19 minutes of watch time.
Jul 13, 2020 5:05 PM

Apr 2013
Hopefully MAPPA doesnt rush through the story of Jujutsu Kaizen and AOT S4 as well or Imma be really mad. Dont care much for the story of GOH tbh.
Jul 13, 2020 5:27 PM

Feb 2020
I absolutely love this anime and its soundtrack!!!!

Kyoto Animation rocks
Jul 13, 2020 5:29 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Those godly battle was amazing. Unfortunately, some parts maybe had a too much skipped on the screen time. The bonding time with 3 main one had a little impact for their character development. Still, i wish they would gladly dig more depth into their characterization before happening to those stages. Like why Mori like that. Why Mira like that. And why Daewa like that. And ofc with some parts that surrounding Mujin's appearance in the beginning. So far, its technically gave me so much satisfaction. Lets see how far that battling on stage plot arcs long last. It can't be the whole plot of this season, right?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 13, 2020 5:31 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
AeroSN said:

The fight choreography will be a good portfolio for MAPPA, I guess?

Obviously it was....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 13, 2020 5:41 PM
May 2015
Phareux said:
Why is that one guy allowed to use a bat? Are weapons not prohibited?

So someone could bring a gun or knife if they wanted.

I think ep 1 mentioned weapons were allowed. So technically someone could bring a gun and just end it?
Jul 13, 2020 5:55 PM
Apr 2020
webtoons chapters are shorter than manga so I don’t know why people say they rushed when most of them didnt even read the webtoon or just look quickly and act like they all time readers lmao, MAL weebs are formidable and it’s the same guys shutting on the show on every thread lmao, you guys afraid for your favorites anime, it’s just a fighting show lmao and you guys love romcom and isekais for the most part.
Jul 13, 2020 6:00 PM

Sep 2019
Damn the tonal shift when that mf dropped the fucking sword into the river gave me whiplash. One second its all fun light hearted music, and then the Mira is angry as hell, and then 20 seconds down the line, she like "sure I'll let you help me look for my sword bro". Animation is still good, pacing is still kinda ass. Hopefully they slow stuff down and actually explain backstories instead of having 5 seconds flashacks.
Jul 13, 2020 6:03 PM

Sep 2019
Sourire said:
Hopefully MAPPA doesnt rush through the story of Jujutsu Kaizen and AOT S4 as well or Imma be really mad. Dont care much for the story of GOH tbh.

I think (hopefully) that they're going to be more careful with those adaptations, as one of them is the highly lauded last arc of AOT, and the other is a pretty popular SJ adaptation. In terms of domestic popularity, I don't think Manhwa adaptations are extremely popular, so I wouldn't expect them to care as much about them.
Jul 13, 2020 6:06 PM

Feb 2014
Kinben69 said:
I know I'll get some hate but I am really dissapointed in the anime so far. They rush it way too much, they don't use the animation budget on the important parts, they don't explain key character traits and features of the tournaments, the levels part is just forgotten, the flashbacks were so short and unnoticeable. At this point I think they just make an anime meant as an advertisment to the webtoon instead of a good anime. I prefered much more for them to stick to less material instead of rushing like that through the chapters.
No buildup.

Yup they skipped the power levels, and it's just not the same without it. It's like just fighting, but myabe they will fix it. All in all it is a good show, but it doesn't run as deep as it should.
Jul 13, 2020 6:12 PM

May 2020
The story is way too pacy, the way they became friends was so fast and ended up seeming rushed, they really need to slow the pacing and show more about the characters rather than short flashbacks and some quick images that won't give much in terms of character development. The fighting is still really good, the first battle was one-sided and the second one was interesting to say the least. Interested to see what the next episode will show us, hope the pacing gets better.
Jul 13, 2020 6:13 PM
Apr 2020
Shole said:
Kinben69 said:
I know I'll get some hate but I am really dissapointed in the anime so far. They rush it way too much, they don't use the animation budget on the important parts, they don't explain key character traits and features of the tournaments, the levels part is just forgotten, the flashbacks were so short and unnoticeable. At this point I think they just make an anime meant as an advertisment to the webtoon instead of a good anime. I prefered much more for them to stick to less material instead of rushing like that through the chapters.
No buildup.

Yup they skipped the power levels, and it's just not the same without it. It's like just fighting, but myabe they will fix it. All in all it is a good show, but it doesn't run as deep as it should.

Power levels were never revelant during.the webtoon, it was just revelant when mori levels jumped and who cares about power level in anime anyway, they never matter.
Jul 13, 2020 6:14 PM

Feb 2014
Davidmonte31 said:
webtoons chapters are shorter than manga so I don’t know why people say they rushed when most of them didnt even read the webtoon or just look quickly and act like they all time readers lmao, MAL weebs are formidable and it’s the same guys shutting on the show on every thread lmao, you guys afraid for your favorites anime, it’s just a fighting show lmao and you guys love romcom and isekais for the most part.

It's rushed in a way for the animation I guess and the story line is a bit rushed not in the normal sense, but just skipping the power levels, skipping some more details in the backstory.
It is indeed a fighting anime, so I do not mind most of the things, but the power levels I hope they will add in as it is an important thing for explaining the whole fighting strengths and weaknesses of the characters.
You should try the webtoon it's really good.
Jul 13, 2020 6:15 PM

Mar 2011
Davidmonte31 said:

The fact that webtoons are shorter would mean that you could reasonably adapt more chapters within a single episode, so I don't understand how that's a counterpoint to people saying it's rushed? They aren't saying it's rushed because it's adapted a lot of chapters, but because the end result appears rushed.

Speaking as a non-reader, the pacing for this episode was too fast, and there was a lot of stuff that was skipped. At the end of last episode we were in the middle of the battle royale, but it's over at the beginning of this episode and we've moved to a 1v1 tournament, with no explanation. Stuff was included, but it felt so glossed over I wondered why they even bothered to put it in there.

If it's "just a fighting show", does that mean that we can't criticise it for being shit? I don't get it. The show is clearly trying to build the characters up in some way so we can feel invested in the results of their fights, so if they do it badly it's a detriment to the fights themselves.
Jul 13, 2020 6:16 PM

May 2015
Don't you just love it when people say "I don't think the original material was that good either" even though they've never read it? I sure do.

Jul 13, 2020 6:19 PM
Apr 2020
Shole said:
Davidmonte31 said:

It's rushed in a way for the animation I guess and the story line is a bit rushed not in the normal sense, but just skipping the power levels, skipping some more details in the backstory.
It is indeed a fighting anime, so I do not mind most of the things, but the power levels I hope they will add in as it is an important thing for explaining the whole fighting strengths and weaknesses of the characters.

I already read all the webtoon, I stopped reading 6 months ago so I know what i’am talking about and no power levels show nothing about the characters, they are just arbitrary numbers
Jul 13, 2020 6:21 PM
Apr 2020
Infinite said:
Davidmonte31 said:

The fact that webtoons are shorter would mean that you could reasonably adapt more chapters within a single episode, so I don't understand how that's a counterpoint to people saying it's rushed? They aren't saying it's rushed because it's adapted a lot of chapters, but because the end result appears rushed.

Speaking as a non-reader, the pacing for this episode was too fast, and there was a lot of stuff that was skipped. At the end of last episode we were in the middle of the battle royale, but it's over at the beginning of this episode and we've moved to a 1v1 tournament, with no explanation. Stuff was included, but it felt so glossed over I wondered why they even bothered to put it in there.

If it's "just a fighting show", does that mean that we can't criticise it for being shit? I don't get it. The show is clearly trying to build the characters up in some way so we can feel invested in the results of their fights, so if they do it badly it's a detriment to the fights themselves.

My message was never destined to you, maybe you felt concerned, I could care less about what you think of the show, this is MAL after all.
Jul 13, 2020 6:21 PM

Mar 2019
Feels a bit like I'm watching a Saturday morning cartoon. Not a bad thing just not what I'm used too. Definitely some good fun.
Jul 13, 2020 6:22 PM

Mar 2013
So far the adaptation isn't exactly well done imo
Still the anime is somewhat entertaining to watch so far

Also.. I'm not a fan of the OP song
It just doesn't match well with what's going on in the screen
Jul 13, 2020 6:23 PM

Feb 2014
Davidmonte31 said:
Shole said:

I already read all the webtoon, I stopped reading 6 months ago so I know what i’am talking about and no power levels show nothing about the characters, they are just arbitrary numbers

I see maybe you should try reading the webtoon? It will help you figure out why the power levels are important.
The skip is important as it shows that Mori isn't just an overpowered goofball but that he hides his powers, it adds to the depth of the character.

Infinite said:
Davidmonte31 said:

Fully agree with you, not saying it's going too fast but it's just some things are left unexplained.
I'll also recommend you to read the webtoon, it is a really enjoyable story that develops nicely.
Jul 13, 2020 6:37 PM
Apr 2020
Shole said:
Davidmonte31 said:

I see maybe you should try reading the webtoon? It will help you figure out why the power levels are important.
The skip is important as it shows that Mori isn't just an overpowered goofball but that he hides his powers, it adds to the depth of the character.

I already told you that I read the webtoon and mori didn’t hide his power levels as you say intentionally, it was the bracelet who revealed that not because Mori wanted to hide it lol.

Infinite said:

Fully agree with you, not saying it's going too fast but it's just some things are left unexplained.
I'll also recommend you to read the webtoon, it is a really enjoyable story that develops nicely.

You remind me of those TOG readers who keep saying to read the webtoon.
Jul 13, 2020 6:38 PM

Jan 2011
this is the most cartoon ass cartoon thing i've watched in a while thought there would be some build to the dbz level super powers but 2 episodes in and we already got dudes wielding dark aura kick blasts and teleporting

faith lost in this hopefully MAPPA can keep carrying the animation because that seems to be the only thing going for it.
Jul 13, 2020 6:57 PM

Feb 2014
Davidmonte31 said:
Shole said:

I already told you that I read the webtoon and mori didn’t hide his power levels as you say intentionally, it was the bracelet who revealed that not because Mori wanted to hide it lol.

You remind me of those TOG readers who keep saying to read the webtoon.

Imao Imao, you are reminding me of IMAO XD
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bcra - Aug 3, 2020

239 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 29, 7:21 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

291 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 29, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 20, 2020

269 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 22, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

488 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:54 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Sep 28, 2020

333 by Cheonyu »»
Mar 2, 2:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.