Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 4, 2019 2:18 PM
Oct 2017
DarknessReality said:
Kxrumi said:
Thank you for responding politely to my opinion and respecting it, as some do not.

I explain, the first episodes had me a little confused but I more or less liked them. But it bothered me that the protagonist could always solve things so easily and almost without any difficulty, just repeating the word "imagine it" solved everything.
That and other things bother me and make the anime predictable.
Obviously not everything is bad, the animation, the character design and the soundtrack seem very good to me.

Yeah it is quite generic in that sense. To be honest though most magical girl anime and action anime in general have this same predictable thing especially if its a all female cast. Its way more rare for a series to stray from the norm than to just follow a basic character architypes and story plots.

I'm personally just here for the yuri shipping XD.
So you're watching this anime cuz yuri shipps? hahaha lmao
Aug 4, 2019 3:07 PM
Jan 2017
The Granbelm becomes more complicated, as Mangetsu unleashes a new power and catches a glimpse of Nene's wish. While Granbelm is no stranger to moments of poignant pathos, this episode is the most poignant yet, what with those flashbacks of Nene's past. Also, Kuon comes to closer to solve the mystery of her sister's poisoning, but then again, that might be something just to throw viewers off. This show has become more dramatic and I hope the next episode can deliver an amazing story.
Aug 4, 2019 3:36 PM

May 2015
Kxrumi said:
DarknessReality said:

Yeah it is quite generic in that sense. To be honest though most magical girl anime and action anime in general have this same predictable thing especially if its a all female cast. Its way more rare for a series to stray from the norm than to just follow a basic character architypes and story plots.

I'm personally just here for the yuri shipping XD.
So you're watching this anime cuz yuri shipps? hahaha lmao

Yeah literally every anime like this that has two female characters who are like best friends immediately pulls me in. I'm just a huge yuri fan so I accept anything as long as it has yuri in it XD.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 4, 2019 7:22 PM

Jan 2011
Yo what the fuck! we had Nene using pro MLG strats got Mengetsu with a hammer of dawn then she pulls out some dark berserk shadow powers and wins out of no where was rooting for Nene in the end she was pretty strong .

but like they said Mengetsu is most likely a new mage so whatever the fuck will hopefully be explained ,she turn from shrio to kuro

show is decent though i doubt many people are watching it
Aug 4, 2019 11:47 PM
Sep 2012
Every since after watching DitF I have high suspicion to original animes, this one especially as there are many felt similarities.

Currently the biggest concern is it will leave too many "mysteries" in the beginning and hastily solve them.

Hopefully this will prove me wrong.

Overall the episode itself is decent, though still getting used to the chibi gundams.
Aug 5, 2019 2:04 PM

Oct 2017
RegalTheReaL said:
I couldn't really tell what was going on with Mangetsu at the end. Was she reading Nene's memories and made her anger into her own strength and power.

Well where I see it she seem to angry about how she is useless as she mention in second episode " No one needs me if I don't do anything myself" and while she was attacked she somehow saw Nene's memories and what her wish was
Aug 5, 2019 2:13 PM

Oct 2017
kirbo said:

I'm also wondering if Nene's mother forgot about her and her two sisters? It looks like their mom left them to live with another family? Sad if that's the case.

Sadly I think that's the case, cuz it's seems expects Anna everyone have some dark past and why they're in Granbelm.
Aug 5, 2019 8:09 PM

Mar 2008
this is a low key decent anime with good animation
Aug 6, 2019 9:34 AM

Oct 2017
kirbo said:
wizardsong102 said:
Sadly I think that's the case, cuz it's seems expects Anna everyone have some dark past and why they're in Granbelm.

Anna's past is pretty dark as well considering her family issues related to Ernesta, guess we will have her backstory explained properly in the next episode

🤔 🤔 You think so? Where I see it she is just jealous cuz Ernesta been more loved than her, then again she keep saying that she trusted her. I think that white hair girl (I forgot her name) with Anna created some kind of misunderstanding cuz i think among another girls she is just playing, Don't you think?
Aug 6, 2019 8:15 PM
Jan 2019
It was a very good episode, except for the conclusion. Nene deserved to win, she tried hard. Dammit! Mangetsu had to be defeated, but they decided to give him a last-minute powerup to save her. How absurd! A thousand times better would have been Nene's victory, she deserves the applause. For me, she was the winner of that fight, not Mangetsu. It is unfair!. Nene if you have a good reason to win, recover the memory your mother lost :(, compared to Mangetsu who has a family that loves her and only has self-esteem problems at school. I hated the conclusion of this episode!

I loved it when Nene's Armanox was transformed into battle mode and gave Mangetsu Armanox a good beating.
Aug 6, 2019 8:36 PM

Oct 2017
kirbo said:
wizardsong102 said:

🤔 🤔 You think so? Where I see it she is just jealous cuz Ernesta been more loved than her, then again she keep saying that she trusted her. I think that white hair girl (I forgot her name) with Anna created some kind of misunderstanding cuz i think among another girls she is just playing, Don't you think?

Well yeah she is surely overreacting but I'm sure Ernesta did some serious wrong to her nonetheless. As for the white hair girl, I think that cyan hair girl cursed her sister and honestly she feels genuinely evil (doing it for fun/personal reasons) but I don't see how she would be related to Anna herself unless I missed something

🤔 I think it's pretty clear that she have Anna's tursts so she can easily create misunderstanding out of nothing, So as now I'm betting on Ernesta didn't did much what Anna said she did to her. As for the cursed I don't think she did it but she obviously knows something.
I'm more curious about Mengetsu past above others as she didn't have mange in her family so how did she got in and so op the she can read others minds? 🤔
Aug 7, 2019 9:03 AM

Jul 2016
Good episode besides the boring MC and the female Bakugo.
I think Nene deserved to win more than Mangetsu... But well, MC is MC.
Suishou is still the most interesting.
Aug 7, 2019 5:50 PM

May 2018
Just got around to watching that episode and wow that fight was intense. I really liked the animation here, I like how the mecha fights were done!
Nene's mech transforming into a more humanoid "boss robot" form looks so cool!

And next episode we are gonna find out why that orange-haired lady loves screaming so much lol
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Aug 9, 2019 12:18 AM
Dec 2018
YuyoGzm said:
Don't know why the poor rating for this series....
Maybe it is not the Greatest of the Season, but at least is more entertaining and has a good animation, than others...

imo you're wrong. This show has a sense of wonder that not even other top originals can match, it seems to me like a far better composed story than a lot of the other shows airing this season, and the blending of genres here is something far more flavorful, imaginative, and smooth than anything else that can be found throughout the past few years. On top of that, the character interaction is more natural than a lot of what I've been seeing out of other shows lately. I've got it beating shows such as Dr. Stone and blowing others such as Fire Force and Arifureta out of the water in the writing department, and it's unmatched in the animation and music department. If there's an AOTS and heavyweight AOTY contender for me, it's Granbelm. So the fact that the rating has dropped to a 6.17 reinforces recent sentiment of mine that human beings can be really overrated heaping piles of shit sometimes. Either that, or the MAL rating is being spammed by bots tanking the score, I don't have a damn clue.
That's just my wrong opinion though.
Aug 9, 2019 12:31 AM
Dec 2018
Now, please take my earlier post with a grain of salt. The fact that I give Grandbelm such high praise is because this show is a breath of fresh air when I was starting to burn out on anime for about the third or fourth time now. I'm wondering when we'll start to get into the meat and potatoes of the story here, and when we'll shift our focus away from the battle royale a bit (seeing as that's clearly not going anywhere anytime soon). Any time we're shown anything worthwhile about our characters, whether it's delving into their backstory and motivations or character progression, we're only shown just enough to whet the appetite, and then we get left with more questions to lead us on to the next episode. The pv gives me the impression that ep 6 is going to be pretty heavy, so it seems that this relentless teasing is going to be over. Hopefully. Or maybe I got baited again, we'll see. Another talking point that I need to address is Mangetsu and this "White Lily too op pls nerf" invincibility mode she keeps slipping into. Where is the basis for this? I'm hoping there's adequate explanation as to how she uses magic to make this happen, but it might just be yet another emotion power-up, I guess we'll see. And just when i'm thinking "great, there she goes again, this is going to get exhausting pretty soon," she goes even further beyond and slips into some sort of corrupted berserker mode? Hopefully that'll get explanation too eventually, maybe it's something about overuse of magic or emotions running too high? I'm just rambling at this point though, so I'll just shut up.

tl;dr i feel like i'm being teased every week and I'm starting to get a bit tired of that. Not to mention I'm still hella confused. However, last time I was this confused this deep into a show, it was Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere, which was actually really damn good. So, if that's anything to go by, I have high hopes of this ending well.
/blog
Aug 9, 2019 11:25 AM
Aug 2019
Mangetsu, ep.1: "Hi! Let's be friends!"
Mangetsu, ep.5: "I am Mangetsu, the DESTROYER OF HOPE"

Her mage lineage is probably forgotten for a reason: something Dark is sealed there, and by no means should it ever be allowed to escape.
Aug 9, 2019 11:32 PM

Aug 2018
Looks like Nene is out of it. Gotta admit I’m having a hard time keeping up with what’s going on. The cast is so large it’s difficult to figure out much other than Ernesta and Magetsu are the good guys, and Anna is the bad guy. How the others tie in? Damned if I know.
NoviSunAug 9, 2019 11:37 PM
Aug 12, 2019 6:24 AM

Apr 2018
Of course Mangetsu gets a OP powerup by crying. This series is just getting more easy to predict
Aug 12, 2019 8:35 AM

Apr 2012
@sspit All my friends love this anime, but at the same time they say that it is too similar to ReZero artist's Madoka fanfic.

@DarknessReality Thanks dude. I'm serious. This is the first time that I see yuri fan honestly confessing her interest in the show because of shiping, instead of give hypocritical excuses.
Aug 20, 2019 3:42 PM

Nov 2013
wtf was this fight? lmao

i know they said "the stronger your wish, the stronger you get", and Mangetsu wish must be really strong, but to go rampage like that was a little strange

anyway i'm having fun with this anime so far, even tho i usually dislike mechas

fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Sep 5, 2019 9:27 AM
Jan 2018
what made Mangetsu go like that nothing about her past has been explored yet .

and it seems nenes mum must have forgot her not sure how maybe its a sign effect when you lose in the grablem or something hopefully we see the reason or maybe she was cursed
Sep 7, 2019 7:06 PM

Nov 2009
OOPS

I forgot about this series...

anyways... it seems like they're still going with the EMO flashbacks for all characters.

It like everyone that become a mage is due to being EMO... There's no mage that isn't EMO

BTW, I think our MC just went psycho, she's about to be mindbreaked (as we see her sword turn black and her eyes turn from usual pink to blood red)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Sep 10, 2019 11:14 AM

Jul 2019
More mecha battles that are hard to follow with characters I still don't really know. I wish they'd use some of this time to have more meaningful character interactions. And that's the whole episode... until the very end when something interesting finally happens when Mangetsu snaps after getting attacked by Nene and does some ultra attack against her while screaming, then there's a flashback that shows Nene's mom, the one who helped develop her magic ability, completely forgetting her for some reason and leaving her behind. I almost teared up, now imagine if this scene happened with characters I actually cared about.
Oct 1, 2019 1:33 AM

Apr 2011
That was a intense battle. Something scary awakened inside Mangetsu. Maybe she got the ability to read other people's memories.
Mar 16, 2020 3:02 PM

Nov 2019
What a great episode!
Mar 21, 2020 1:15 PM

Apr 2014
best ep so far imo that battle was amazing and then that end with that power boost

this series is really good not to mention bit by bit everything is becoming becoming clear

but yeah loved this ep
"one step at a time"
Apr 23, 2020 1:40 AM

Feb 2020
I liked this episode because I finally managed to understand what's going on during the fights since everyone was separated. Consequently, I've been much more invested into it than usual.
But man, no... Not Nene... She became the only character I truly cared about, I wanted her to win even though I knew she wouldn't due to Mangetsu being the mc... But no... Poor thing, it broke my heart, let me give her a hug... But I don't understand, why didn't her mother remember her ? I would've loved to get more infos but I guess now she'll just be wrote off like the first one and that's so frustrating. At least we can say Granbelm managed to make me care about one of its characters, but why couldn't she have been the mc instead ?! She would have been so much better than Mangetsu... (And they really had to go as far as making Mangetsu go unbreakable mode, just so that we can be sure she's the mc.)
Speaking of Mangetsu, things seem to finally get interesting with her. She's finally realising the consequences of her actions and that might lead to something interesting, though once again I'm seeing the Madoka rip-off coming and since I don't care about any of the remaining characters, I'll have a hard time being as invested.
Because seriously, Mangetsu has nothing that makes her stand out and if the only way they found to make her a little bit interesting is suffering, then it's lazy writing. It's too easy to make your character go through hell and tell me that's why I should care. Because for now, I still don't.
I totally lost interest in Shingetsu. Way too predictable, I'm sorry but I'm unable to root for her. I totally see that they're trying to make her be the best character, best waifu y'know, but really, making her a copy of way more interesting characters isn't what's gonna give her real depth. Even Mangetsu is more interesting.
Anna... At first I was interested but she seems unable to do anything but yell. So uh... I'm waiting for more development.
Suishou, whose name I finally remember, is an intriguing character, so well, even if I don't care about her as a person, at least I'm interested in her as a character. I really don't understand her and I love it. Apparently she's not human ? Considering the fact that she sometimes meow and that the Granbelm mythology seems to be inspired by the Egyptian mythology, I wonder if she'll turn out to be a goddesss or something like that. But like, an evil goddess, if that makes sense. (Oh, and she just confirmed my love for Aoi Yuki. That shift in tone when she asked about Kuon's sister was great.)
And Kuon... I still don't manage to care. I don't know her enough and her personality doesn't stand out from the rest. At least I'm intrigued by her sister's story.
FafetteApr 23, 2020 1:54 AM
May 1, 2020 12:38 AM

Oct 2010
Very impressed, incredible fight scenes and that ending with Mangetsu destroying Nenenee was awesome. This show made my day 5/5
Aug 28, 2021 9:28 PM

Feb 2014
Yay a full action-packed episode!

Yooooo Mangetsu went crazy at the end there O_o maybe she's the real psycho one xD I'm surprised she ended up surviving Nene's attack though, like how did she do that? Like maybe she thought about how she doesn't want to go back to having nothing again?

I liked Nene's Armanox's transformation!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2022 8:42 AM

May 2015
I'm not sure what is going on, but I enjoy the fact that the angry girl acts like hot shit, while her subordinate(?) is actually the one to watch out for.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Granbelm Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

77 by 5hadow17 »»
Oct 24, 2023 12:57 AM

» Beauty..... so undderated.........

Ghefira - May 5, 2023

1 by NerdyMemer »»
May 6, 2023 2:55 AM

Poll: » Granbelm Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2019

87 by Noodle070 »»
Aug 29, 2021 4:57 AM

Poll: » Granbelm Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

47 by Noodle070 »»
Aug 29, 2021 4:12 AM

Poll: » Granbelm Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

63 by Noodle070 »»
Aug 29, 2021 3:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.