Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 17, 2008 12:35 PM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was, without doubt, the best Aria episode!
Absolutely fantastic!
Alice's wonderful singing, and she became a prima! I don't think I've shed tears for such a beautiful thing for a long time.
Mar 17, 2008 2:59 PM

Feb 2008
if Aria wasn't already on my favorites list this episode would have put it there, definitely in my top ten of favorite Aria episodes.

I wonder if alice and athena will still live together tho? and i also wonder how much time alice will be able to spend with aika and akari now :(
Mar 17, 2008 3:47 PM

Apr 2007
Beautiful episode... I cried like a little girl :D

But yeah, it does go back to the whole issue from ep 11 of the first season, the fact that as they become Prima's their time together will diminish quite severely. Akira, Alicia and Athena said in that ep that it had been a while since they'd gotten together like that :/
Mar 17, 2008 8:14 PM

Dec 2007
What a mindfuck. An ARIA episode that made me sad. Like, really, really sad.

It's great that Alice got her promotion—and mind-blowing that she got a double-promotion—but uh, yeah. What happened to being able to practice with her "sempai-gata" all day, every day? That period of her life was no more than a day or two long. That's just too damn sad.

I guess... I guess it carries a heavy message about moving up and leaving behind. Yeah, they'll be friends forever and all that. But when it comes down to it, they're not going to be together that much; as Fox aptly pointed out, this has been discussed before. Man, I just don't know what to think, other than that I loved the episode to death. It had so many happy things! Alice singing seemed to be the happiest she's ever been in the show and was just a pleasure to watch. The montage of her past experiences, with everyone who had influenced her career, was beautiful.

Anyway. I'll probably get more cohesive thoughts together in a blog post or something later. Loved the episode, would have cried if I hadn't just cried tons for some other video an hour before, and am very, very touched.
Mar 17, 2008 8:25 PM

Jul 2006
!!!! that episode was too perfect! When Athena reached to take off her other glove..../tear. <3 Alice's singing, so beautiful imo. This is why i <3 ARIA. Cause even at the end of a shitty day, If u watch any ep of ARIA it makes you forget about everything and makes you wish you were on AQUA..../sigh

Edit: made my MAL sig off of that scene....<3
VertagoMar 17, 2008 10:26 PM
Mar 17, 2008 10:43 PM

Aug 2006
Amazing episode! Definitely the most memorable Aria episode ever! I didn't expect the second glove to come off T_T. Everything was beautifully done. I'm left speechless!
Mar 18, 2008 12:00 AM

Jan 2008
Alice-san?! . . . Prima?! . . . OMG!! I didn't see that coming!

I knew she was getting promoted this episode when Athena mentioned the picnic (which I was actually thinking was going to happen when she first mentioned the picnic) but I was sure she was going to be a single. What is she going to do now? She's so young.

lolikitsune said:
Loved the episode, would have cried if I hadn't just cried tons for some other video an hour before, and am very, very touched.
I just finished watching some other emotional videos too but don't think I cried and I actually surprised myself when I didn't cry for this episode either even though I was very deeply touched. Maybe I would have had I watched some other ARIA episodes before watching this one.
BRS_CHIYOMar 18, 2008 12:12 AM
Mar 18, 2008 4:22 AM

Jan 2007
holy shit, I'm with Bob, best episode ever. The reason why i decided to catch up was because i was semi-spoiled with this episode, but man did I not expect a double-promotion. I was like "no way" when Athena put her hand on the other glove. ;_; I am so happy for Alice. I really Akari and Aika get promoted by the end of this season.
Faust721Mar 18, 2008 4:26 AM
Mar 18, 2008 5:18 AM

Dec 2007
Just rewatched the episode; this time I cried when Alice buried her face in Akari's chest and thanked her.
Mar 18, 2008 8:01 AM

Feb 2008
I'm not sure if it's the best episode ever, but it's definitely in my top 3. Beautiful and touching. Somehow my favourite moment is when an unknown undine wishes luck to Alice. That was really sweet.
Mar 18, 2008 11:01 AM

Jan 2008
Great episode, I'm happy for Alice but what about Akari (well maybe not her as much) and Aika. Not only are they losing a friend (damn the busy life of a Prima) but also their little junior got promoted before them, thats got to hurt the ego. Also, is it because she was Athena's apprentice that she has to sing or is it her company's policy? Because I'm pretty sure that singing is not expected of Akari and Aika.
Mar 18, 2008 12:21 PM

Jan 2007
I don't see it hurting the ego of Akari at all being the type of person she is, and maybe, maybe Aika. I say this only because its a fact that Alice was considered a genius and I assume that she stayed as a pair due to age.
Mar 18, 2008 1:15 PM

Apr 2007
She stayed a Pair due to being in school, and the time that required of her, Which is why they waited until her graduation to promote her.
Had she not she would probably already have been a single when they met her.
lolikitsune said:
Just rewatched the episode; this time I cried when Alice buried her face in Akari's chest and thanked her.

lol, that's the moment that did it for me, watery eyes up till that point.. then just flat out baaaw :V

As for Akari and Aika, they were genuinely happy for Alice, and I don't believe it will be too much of a negative effect. I think with Aika its more likely to make her try harder to do her best and catch up, She already let out her insecurities and such a few episodes ago, which was no doubt a cleansing experience :v.
Mar 18, 2008 4:22 PM

Dec 2007
maybe, maybe Aika

You could see Aika shivering with excitement over Alice's promotion. Her ego wasn't affected at all; she was pure happy. It was really, really well executed, imho.
Mar 18, 2008 4:36 PM

Jan 2007
i don't disagree with that, witnessing the moment that your friend got promoted is a good thing. but once the excitiment it over something might happen.
Mar 18, 2008 5:12 PM

Dec 2007
Yeah, maybe in the future... For now I don't think anyone in the show has realized how terrible this turn of events is.
Mar 18, 2008 8:03 PM

Jan 2008
Thanks StarCreator and all of Hikari no Kiseki for bringing this wonderfull epi to us! Bikurideshita is right! I expected the one glove, heck, it was long overdue. but the double promotion was a surprise.

lolikitsune said:
What happened to being able to practice with her "sempai-gata" all day, every day? That period of her life was no more than a day or two long. That's just too damn sad.

lolikitsune - I think Your'e saying "We're going to miss out on the three singles, together". If I read that right, I've got to agree.
Mar 18, 2008 8:11 PM

Dec 2007
More importantly than US missing out on it, SHE is missing out on it. Until future episodes prove me wrong, I will continue to contend that Alice is being shortchanged terribly. But yes, I would like to see the three singles, together :)
Mar 19, 2008 4:28 PM

Jul 2007
my alice-chan a prima? i've cried too :D
really great episode -or greatest episode- that make me love alice even more!

Mar 21, 2008 8:45 PM

Sep 2007
Oh wow, I cried too since it happened right after I was dazed listening to Alice's singing.

Agreed with everyone. Best Aria episode. <3
Mar 21, 2008 8:47 PM

Nov 2007
I'm going to buck the trend and say not my favorite episode...

...but still very good.
Mar 22, 2008 10:40 AM

Mar 2007
Ah, absolutely loved the episode but something just doesn't feel right for me. It was all good up to the taking of the first glove but when she reached to take the other glove something inside me took a full stop and I lost all the built up excitement. Something about the doublepromotion just feels wrong.
Mar 22, 2008 10:59 AM

Nov 2007
sitha said:
Ah, absolutely loved the episode but something just doesn't feel right for me. It was all good up to the taking of the first glove but when she reached to take the other glove something inside me took a full stop and I lost all the built up excitement. Something about the doublepromotion just feels wrong.

Yeah, 100% agreement there. Double promotion just didn't sit right with me.
Mar 24, 2008 4:24 PM

Sep 2007
T.T

I was like "holy shat!" Double promotion for the win! I think Alice really deserved it. One of the best episodes to date.

Now all that is needed is for Aika and Akari to get it. I think Aika will get to become prima next then Akari. Even though I'm an Aika's fan, I want to see Akari last because I think it will be spectacular to see Alicia taking off Akari's glove.

Mar 26, 2008 3:51 PM

Aug 2007
I watched this episode a while ago and in my opinion this episode was perfect; one of my favourites.

May 21, 2008 10:32 PM

Jul 2007
Fantastic episode, the episode was already win since it was about Alice-chan but her promotion all the way up to Prima really made this episode amazing.
May 28, 2008 8:41 PM

Jul 2007
Jun 13, 2008 12:46 PM

Jan 2008
Best Aria episode ever, it is singlehandedly what made me give this a 10. I've never been more touched by anything than by this, it was just perfect. I saw the single coming, and knew that had to be the reason behind the whole picnic, but when she put her hand on the second glove, I was like, no way, it was just perfect.....I nearly cried....and I'm a guy.

This show is a masterpiece.

Jul 1, 2008 8:45 PM

Jan 2008
I got teary!! ;__;

Such a fantastic episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 14, 2008 7:57 AM
Nov 2007
I listen the Alice's song everyday many times ^^ It's just so cute.
Sep 2, 2008 12:18 AM

Feb 2008
Does this make Alice the youngest Prima ever? Or was Alicia even younger?
Sep 30, 2008 5:22 AM

Nov 2007
It was predictable that she'd be getting her promotion, and i was thinking "it would be awesome since she'd be sped up right to prima", but I didn't think it'd actually happen. And it didn't make it any less completely awesome adn beautiful.
I almost cried a little bit. Funny, didn't know tears from too much prettiness existed.
Nov 10, 2008 4:51 PM

Nov 2007
Such beautiful voice!
And omedetou being an undine.
Nov 21, 2008 5:32 PM

Jan 2008
Aww, this episode was so beautiful~ I actually came to appreciate Alice more through this episode. In the beginning, she was nice to everyone and even gave her button away - and then when her and Athena were acting as customer and Undine, I loved that part. I was pretty excited when Alice got her promotion to Single, however when she was further promoted to Prima... eh, that didn't feel very right. But nonetheles, beautiful episode :)

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Dec 17, 2008 10:53 AM

Oct 2008
I was surprised.

Raldan said:
Does this make Alice the youngest Prima ever? Or was Alicia even younger?

This was my first thought right after it happened. Then "good for her" for being double promoted lol.

Nice episode.
Dec 21, 2008 6:30 PM

Jul 2008
OMG!!! I don't believe! I looked like Akari and Aika, when I saw Athena removing the second glove.

This episode is awesome, incredible, fantastic, exciting...
itoDec 21, 2008 7:18 PM
Dec 26, 2008 9:20 PM

Mar 2008
one of the best episodes ever tbh.
Mar 10, 2009 11:24 AM

Jul 2007
I cried like a girl. This was incredible.
Mar 14, 2009 2:21 AM

Oct 2007
I was planning on giving this season a 10 from around episode 2 or 3 but after watching this episode (simply one of the best episodes I've seen in all seasons) I wish I could give it a 12.

The whole feel of this episode was amazing but the last moments after I realized that Alice was doing the test for becoming a single where just lovely. And when Athena went for the other glove I was watching with my mouth open of amazement and surprise :P

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Apr 9, 2009 11:47 PM

Sep 2008
It really pissed me off that she was the first to become a Prima. Now I'm thinking that Akari will be the last... which is probably true. I'm in despair. =[
HawthorneKittyApr 10, 2009 12:33 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2009 2:24 PM

Aug 2008
One of the Greatest tearfilled Aria episodes to date! From a Pair to Prima! Unheard of! The looks on Aika and Akari's Faces, the overwhelming Joy and Pride Athena was feeling. I'm very happy for Alice and she deserves this after working so hard to become what she is. As happy as I was for her on that hill with everyone's Teary eyes and warm hugs I could not help but immediately have the same thoughts as lolikitsune.

Yes this is an important time for Alice and everyone should be happy for her, but at the same time, this signifies her entrance into being a full time professional Undine. Even if her schedule is slower at first she will have greatly reduced amount of time to see her friends and have the fun a girl of her age should be having. This is life however, and life must go on. But I just.. I guess I just wasn't ready to see my Undines Growing up! ; ;

May 18, 2009 3:15 PM

Dec 2007
I can only agree with everything that's been said so far - definately the best Aria episode so far (I haven't finished this series yet). The last minutes were just so powerful and perfectly executed. :3
Jun 25, 2009 6:19 AM

Apr 2008
wow~ Alice got promoted two times xD

didnt think Alice will be the first one to be a prima xD No wonder Alice is my fav char is Aria xD hehe~

Jun 26, 2009 10:08 AM

Jul 2008
So my relatives walked in to say hello to me as I'm watching Alice-chan's second glove be removed... I totally shut them out with an "OH MY GOD, WHAT!?" directed at my monitor.

They walked away slowly. XD

I definitely loved this episode with all my heart. Alice-chan's singing voice was amazing! I was also expecting the promotion to single, which is what had me thinking "Will she be forever behind Akari and Aika?" and then the double promotion hit me so hard. SO. HARD. I teared up. ;~;
Aug 5, 2009 5:11 AM

Sep 2008
Feo said:

This <3
It was so cute :3
Aug 6, 2009 8:58 PM
Feb 2009
I'm gunna have to say I hated this episode, alice jumping over akari and aika was a slap in the face. Then I began thinking and this is my reason as to why it happened like that. Firstly, the series could not have ended like it did if akari was promoted first. Secondly, Aika and Akari have much bigger responsibilities when becoming a prima than Alice; (sorry if i'm wrong it's been awhile) Aika is going to manage part of the company, and Akari is going to have to manage all of Aria, instead of only being a prima.

Though I hated the way it was done, i feel there was no other way, and was still beautiful.
Aug 14, 2009 2:22 AM

Dec 2008
Feo said:

I thought it was my alice XD

Im so proud, as Athena took off the second glove I was like "Wooot"
the Season is so good I really like it.

when Akira will become a Prima ,will Alicia be out of work then and must leave the house ?
that would be really mean.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2009 11:31 PM

Apr 2008
That episode was AMAZING.

Wow.

I was of course expecting the promotion to single the whole ep, and when Athena reached for the second glove I was like "WHA-- NO WAY..."

wow.
Oct 6, 2009 5:24 PM

Sep 2008
Aw, damn. I cried. I actually cried. ;.;
Alice-chan~! Congratulations! I was completely expecting a promotion throughout the episode, it was a bit obvious. But I didn't expect a double promotion!
This is so bittersweet. It's great for her and everything...but this is where she starts to have no time to spend with Akari and Aika anymore...that makes it a bit sad. :[ Well, they'll technically still be friends, and still spend time together when they're able to, just like Alicia, Akira and Athena now...but still.
Nov 21, 2009 5:52 AM

Apr 2009
damn.. damn.. damn.. so i thought this ep is gonna be another wonderful episode as always because it is obvious that Alice will be promoted.. but Alice-chan instant Prima.. never expected that.. i just love this episode.. it got me.. now i know why i'll give this anime a 10/10..
argiliumNov 21, 2009 5:55 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Mar 31, 2008

318 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Mar 6, 6:50 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 7, 2008

98 by Nius1 »»
Nov 9, 2023 1:50 PM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 3 Discussion

StarCreator - Jan 30, 2008

38 by Jungle_Warrior »»
Sep 9, 2023 1:38 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Mar 24, 2008

90 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 30, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - May 5, 2008

51 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 30, 2023 1:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.