Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 8, 2008 9:55 PM

Jan 2008
CRITICS AND CONNOISSEURS CLUB FAQ
1. Entry Requirements
Q: What are the entry requirements of this club?

2. Welcome to the club
Q: I just joined this club...now what?

3. Activity Policy
3.1 - Q: How active do I need to be in this club?

3.2 - Q: What do I do if I know that I won't be able to come online for some amount of time?

3.3 - Q: If I am kicked for inactivity, can I get back in the club?

4. Illegitimate Voting Policy
4.1 - Q: Can I vote 'yes' or 'no' for something that isn't on my anime/manga list?

4.2 - Q: How much of a series must I see or read before I can vote 'yes' or 'no'?

4.3 - Q: Need my lists be publicly visible for my vote to be legitimate?

4.4 - Q: Will I get in trouble for making illegitimate votes?

4.5 - Q: Can I vote 'yes' or 'no' for an anime I haven't seen if I have read the manga? Or can I vote for a manga I haven't read if I've seen the anime?

5. The Nomination Process
5.1 - Q: How do nominations work?

5.2 - Q: Are there rules for what can be nominated?

5.3 - Q: How can I find the number of nominations a series has so far?

5.4 - Q: How do rollover nominations work?

5.5 - Q: I want to change my nomination for the nomination period and the Master List has NOT been updated yet to include my nomination. What can I do?

5.6 - Q: I want to change my nomination for the nomination period and the Master List HAS already been updated to include my nomination. What can I do?

5.7 - Q: What happens if I nominated a series that already reached the 15 nomination maximum?

6. The Spotlight Process
6.1 - Q: How are nominations chosen to become Spotlight topics?

6.2 - Q: The week's Spotlights have been chosen..now what?

6.3 - Q: Am I required to vote or post in the Spotlight thread?

7. The 'You Decide' Polling Process
7.1 - Q: How do the 'You Decide' polls work?

7.3 - Q: I'm not familiar with the series being voted on. Do I still need to vote?

7.4 - Q: I am familiar with the series being voted on, but I 'm undecided as to whether I should vote 'yes' or 'no'. Now what?

7.5 - Q: What is the difference between abstaining and saying 'I don't know this anime/manga'?

7.6 - Q: Are inductions to the 'Club Relations' lists permanent?

7.7 - Q: I don't think that an anime/manga is good enough to be inducted. How can it be removed from the relations list?

7.8 - Q: How many votes does it take for a series to be inducted into the 'Club Relations' list?

7.9 - Q: What happens when a series manages to satisfy the 70% standard but does not manage to obtain enough yes votes?

7.9.1 - Q: Challenge Re-vote? What's that?

7.9.2 - Q: My favourite show was shot down. Can it ever be nominated again and possibly get another Spotlight?

8. The Resurrection Polling Process
8.1 - Q: What series are available for resurrection?

8.2 - Q: What happens if a resurrected series is shot down a 2nd time?

9. The Reviewing Process
9.1 - Q: What will receive a review by this club?

9.2 - Q: A series was just inducted into the 'Club Relations' list...now what?

9.3 - Q: I would like to join a Review Team. Where do I sign up?

Extra Questions
9.4 - Q: I just joined the club. Where can I find a list of all the series that have already been Spotlighted?

9.5 - Q: Where can I keep track of when barred anime/manga can be nominated for resurrection?

9.6 - Q: Can I ask questions about this club and its policies or offer suggestions on how to improve this club?

9.7 - Q: Are there any rules on member behaviour?

9.8 - Q: This club is great. Can my friends join it too?

This thread post is a work in progress. So please forward and questions you have to this thread and we will do our best to answer them.
HiroM_Mar 29, 2021 12:08 PM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 10, 2008 12:16 AM

Feb 2008
Can we change our nomination when we already nominated a series, in the running week. In example, I want to change my anime nomination to another nomination at this week.

And when it reached 5 nomination, it means that another member can't nominate the anime again? how if they didn't read it and nominate again anyway, will their count dropped or what action u will take?
Apr 23, 2008 6:17 PM

Jan 2008
I'm not sure this is the right thread to ask this but, I was wondering, are we able to nominate light novels? I know there are not enough available to have its own spotlights, but can they be counted as manga?
Apr 23, 2008 8:45 PM

Jan 2008
While I would like to, I am too afraid that we won't have enough material to directly compare them too. How many members have read more than a handful of light novels? I know that I LOVE the FMP novel series, however it's the only Japanese light novel series I have ever read, so how can I in good conscience declare that it is something that in the upper echelons of it's medium.

Should we compare them to American novel series? I mean sure I could compare them to some of my favorite Michael Crichton or John Grisham novels, but that's not really fair.

Apr 25, 2008 9:29 PM

Sep 2007
Does this club frown on adding the same title to both manga and anime relations? For example, I've noticed a couple votes for Hajime no Ippo in the manga nomination. While the anime only covers the first 30% or so of the manga, I consider it one of the best anime's out there.

Figured I should ask otherwise some votes in one or the other nomination thread could go out the window lol.
Apr 25, 2008 9:59 PM

Jan 2008
yes, because we treat the manga and anime as completely separate entities. The Full Metal Alchemist anime is very very different from the original manga after covering the first 15 chapters.

And while the Hajime no Ippo anime is almost taken verbatim from the manga, we will still follow the same rule of separation.

May 2, 2008 7:38 PM

Jul 2007
Hey, I just wanted to ask what I would vote for an anime that I have on-hold. Would that be counted as "I have not seen this anime" for the "You Decide" poll?
For example, I've only seen a few episodes of Mushishi, but have a good idea of what it's about and the quality of it.
May 2, 2008 7:52 PM

Jan 2008
I really leave that up to the individual, If you you feel you've watched enough of something to give it a fair judgment one way or the other then that is your choice. However I think that most of us will agree that fair opinions that carry actual weight can only be given after watching/reading most of an anime/manga.

For example, If I was to base my vote for Death Note off of just the first half of the series then I'd probably give it a resounding "Yes", but after watching the show all the way to the end I've changed my opinion completely and would have to give it a "No".

May 2, 2008 7:58 PM

Jul 2007
Okay, thanks. I think it's still too early for me to vote yes even though the first 3 episodes blew me away.
I would have to completely agree with you for the Death Note example.
Thanks again.
Jul 15, 2008 10:20 PM

Apr 2007
There's still something I'm slightly confused about.

Looking through the nomination lists, I see something like (3:1) next to the nominee. Would the 3 be the number of previous nominations? What does the second number signify?
Jul 16, 2008 2:16 AM

Nov 2007
Yes, the 3 is the total number of previous nominations while the 1 is the number of nominations it has received this week.
Dec 26, 2013 5:33 AM
May 2009
Since the character relations and polls do not exist anymore all questions and answers pertaining to them should be updated (or removed if they solely addressed these).
Aug 19, 2014 3:38 PM

Mar 2014
I'm confused about the HunterxHunter spotlight. going on in a couple weeks.
It seems to contradict the rules listed here...

Specifically: "1. The manga must be completed before it can be nominated."

I'm not opposed to the rule change, I'd just like a bit of clarification on what the new rule is...
::End of Transmission::

Aug 19, 2014 5:58 PM

Jun 2013
The rules have changed. but the FAQ has not been updated yet.
Dec 7, 2014 5:51 PM

Aug 2013
i try understand, i'm french. Thanks i'll try my best.
Steins02Dec 10, 2014 1:51 AM
Mar 7, 2015 6:26 AM
Dec 2013
I have a question.
I want to nominate Death Note (the manga) next week, but it isn't in the Nomination Master List AND has a red N in the Old Spotlights List. So it was rejected. But it's not barred, I checked it.
Then what? Can I try to lift it up again? I got confused.
Aug 30, 2015 3:00 PM

Aug 2013
I'm sure the question has already been answered, but I can't find it so I'll ask (again): can you nominate a manhwa or a webtoon ?
"Even now, I travel on my journey,
Believing in the world,
Aiming for something far away – an endless journey.
Having a dream like someone else’s,
Or being in someone else’s dream –
Which would you prefer?"
Feb 5, 2017 3:43 PM

Jan 2010
Voting Policy Question:
I looked around before asking this sorry if I missed it. Does "Abstained" mean I chose not to vote or I chose not to watch/read this series?
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Feb 5, 2017 10:55 PM

Nov 2013
logic340 said:
Voting Policy Question:
I looked around before asking this sorry if I missed it. Does "Abstained" mean I chose not to vote or I chose not to watch/read this series?

Not to vote.
You all need to watch Nami.

Feb 7, 2017 3:49 AM

Apr 2016
Given that this is a club comprised of anime critics, why not host a thread for some of us to post reviews in? Not like the reviews done by a committee for an anime in the relations list, more like a section for us to list our previous reviews and any reviews we do in the future?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The End of Critics and Connoisseurs

HiroM_ - Dec 31, 2022

31 by danz »»
Nov 10, 2023 1:08 AM

» Challenge You Decide: Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion (Anime) (1/1)

HiroM_ - Dec 3, 2022

44 by 25saix »»
Dec 30, 2022 3:10 PM

» You Decide: Golden Kamuy 2nd Season (Anime) (12/4)

HiroM_ - Dec 2, 2022

42 by 25saix »»
Dec 30, 2022 3:10 PM

» Resurrected You Decide: Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica (Anime) (12/4)

HiroM_ - Dec 2, 2022

47 by 25saix »»
Dec 30, 2022 3:09 PM

» Blue N Rescue Mission: Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma (Anime) (12/4)

HiroM_ - Dec 3, 2022

24 by Dramaddict »»
Dec 28, 2022 6:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.