Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 17, 2016 5:42 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah looks like a 1 year time skip..

Life seems normal again for Azuma. We also get an insight of storytelling about the present timeline from his perspective. After everything that happened in this episode, I think this one actually wrapped it up decently without any battles. The part where Azuma and his friends flying at the end felt like a magical moment :3
Dec 17, 2016 7:45 AM

Mar 2013
Azuma actually got mad at Hiiragi
Dec 17, 2016 7:59 AM

Jan 2015
Feels like it's a few week or months later, since there's no much different from Azuma and his team too. Oh well, nothing to be bragged off too, since it's already time for some "calm" conversation talking about better future.
BUT, to know something happen to Reoko and saw her behaviour... SHOCKING!!! "Totally teenage girl act like Kirino" is the first thought that crossed my mind.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 17, 2016 8:14 AM

Sep 2015
Damn.. 1 year skip?At first I thought that they would show a more mature Azuma or a slightly longer hair Azuma. Interesting how Reoko actually had been sleeping for the whole year, only to wake up as a different person. Although the last scene might proven that Reoko's memories is coming back.

Speaking of the last scene, does it mean Azuma X Reoko is actually canon? I mean, with the whole Azuma having flashback of Reoko at the Good Smile mall, and Reoko connected to Azuma, having a vision where she is flying beside Azuma which Azuma also can see her, their hands almost intertwined to each other, and Reoko smiling after that.... If that is not canon, I don't know what is.. Damn, now I'm hoping they would make one more episode or a special episode.
'Real Money Talks'
- Kagayama Kaede
Dec 17, 2016 8:32 AM

Feb 2014
AoNeko90 said:
Speaking of the last scene, does it mean Azuma X Reoko is actually canon? I mean, with the whole Azuma having flashback of Reoko at the Good Smile mall, and Reoko connected to Azuma, having a vision where she is flying beside Azuma which Azuma also can see her, their hands almost intertwined to each other, and Reoko smiling after that.... If that is not canon, I don't know what is.. Damn, now I'm hoping they would make one more episode or a special episode.

Really need a special with Reoko X Azuma
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 17, 2016 8:43 AM

Sep 2015
dasprn said:

I know right? There's just something about them that makes you feel wanting more of their moments. And now my hand just itching to draw both of them.
'Real Money Talks'
- Kagayama Kaede
Dec 17, 2016 8:57 AM

Jun 2011
dasprn said:
AoNeko90 said:

+2 They really did it lol though I wish it would be more straight and less open...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2016 9:22 AM

Jun 2012
worse than s1, which was already garbage
2/10
Dec 17, 2016 9:26 AM

Dec 2014
"repeating everyday routine life..." this phase was brutally honest...further being left like that or to say moving one separately after an epic journey..I guess everyone had a moment like this..

suddenly I feel I can give a lecture on life..hehe

Dec 17, 2016 10:11 AM

Dec 2008
What a disappointing ending... it would have been cooler if they had ended it at previous episode honestly... or perhaps if they had actually skipped a lot of time ahead perhaps adulthood or beyond.
Dec 17, 2016 11:13 AM

Nov 2012
Love the ending how most of them ended in relationship together..... But the better it would be if it will be Kazuma X Reoko they're got that strange connection. :3 Noooo I need more........ My life it over whuot next?.....
Dec 17, 2016 11:18 AM

Dec 2014
Couldn't think you could come up with a more chillax ending to such a crazy show as this one.

This season, in my opinion, was a massive improvement. The animation and comedy got a bit better, and the story had a lot of new interesting twists and turns that made it worth watching. I'll admit that this was a pretty damn fun show all things considered, especially with the action sequences. Looking forward to more projects from this show's staff.

8/10
Dec 17, 2016 11:23 AM

Sep 2015
For those who will miss it,
Dec 17, 2016 11:32 AM
Aug 2014
I liked it overall. Just needed a more satisfying Reoko x Azuma ending.
Dec 17, 2016 12:10 PM

Jan 2009
lol this final episode that is relaxing is like out of character since all the previous episodes before this seems crazy and frantic

so they made Azuma x Reoko canon eh

great anime, i hope 2.5D animation like this will improve more and more
Dec 17, 2016 4:09 PM
Sep 2015
This is a great way to wrap up an anime. Its a really good closure. Even though for sometime, they think that forgetting is the best way to have a normal life, but then once they did that, they feel that something is missing, and went back

the scene where they were all flying is like a magical moment, a calm and peaceful place with their bubuki is like a dream.

Love the ending and this anime is not that bad, 8.5/10 for me
Dec 17, 2016 4:43 PM

Sep 2015
valvravetruth said:

Whoa.. Damn, where did you find that picture? If possible, do you have the link for a higher resolution?
'Real Money Talks'
- Kagayama Kaede
Dec 17, 2016 5:04 PM

Aug 2013
Well that was...kind of a unique epilogue. I mean it was mostly depressing until the end but anywho...farewell BB.
Don't believe the hype.
Dec 17, 2016 5:04 PM
Feb 2015
This episode's sequences, scenes, OST, it all seemed so nostalgic and distant from the previous episodes. I have a question, though, one year ago they saved the whole damn world from Guy, won't they get some kind of worldwide recognition? or did this Deus Magna thing happened in secret?
Dec 17, 2016 6:29 PM

May 2014
That 1 year time skip really caught me off guard, wasn't expecting that!

Really loved this season, and I've really loved this show. All the characters were great, even the side characters were all fantastic. Watching was always a lot of fun and the fights were amazing to see.

Reoko and Azuma ship is my favourite ship. Probably just because I like Reoko so much, she's easily my favourite character of the anime.
Dec 17, 2016 6:38 PM

Jun 2016
valvravetruth said:
This is so beautiful, Azuma x Reoko gives me life <3

Lin Xianming is best waifu and you can't change my mind.
Dec 17, 2016 7:11 PM

Apr 2014
really love this series and this ending just left me wanting more soooo im really hoping for a season 3 or something!

i will miss this series
"one step at a time"
Dec 17, 2016 7:45 PM

Jul 2015
Wow, this was really good.

I had doubted BBK/BRK at first, but I started to enjoy the ride as more episodes pass.

It was already a nice enough ending for episode 23/S2-11, so this one just hit the whole gang, especially Azuma. Truly, it was one moment that they can only keep in their hearts.

Count me in on the Azuma and Reoko ship! + Her smile at the end <3

Dec 17, 2016 9:13 PM

Apr 2012
To be honest I didn't like Bubuki very much but the second season was way better than the first, especially the last episodes were nice so I decided to give this 7/10
Dec 17, 2016 10:35 PM

Apr 2009
Fairly decent ending I guess for an okay anime. I still don't like how they handled the whole Migiwa thing, felt like their was some illogical stuff written in order for things to have turned out the way they did but in the end I still enjoyed this anime. I was really pulling for Azuma x Reoko and hoped that anime would have the guts to pull it off. Although I didn't get what I really wanted, this was some what of a next best thing to it.lol. 6/10
DreddDec 17, 2016 10:47 PM
Dec 17, 2016 11:32 PM

Sep 2015
AoNeko90 said:

Whoa.. Damn, where did you find that picture? If possible, do you have the link for a higher resolution?

I believe its an end card for this episode.
Dec 18, 2016 2:21 AM

Jan 2011
Azuma x Reoko development is the only redeeming this about this season.

Wasn't bad. I felt S1 was mediocre and this season falls in line with that. They did try to flesh out the who, what, and why so I'll give them that but that substance is pretty bland. Oh well. It was different so that was nice but nothing special to remember.
Dec 18, 2016 4:17 AM

Jun 2013
1 year time skip overall it was an okay series
Dec 18, 2016 5:28 AM

Dec 2013
Somehow the end felt pretty bittersweet. After completing an epic journey with comrades, they're reduced to pretending to be normal one year on, even after all the loss that they've suffered and the experiences they'd been through.

It was alright I guess...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Dec 18, 2016 11:35 AM

Apr 2015
Boring epilogue episode.

This series ended up being decent overall; nothing special.
Dec 19, 2016 12:37 AM

Aug 2008
yay, Zetsubi x Akihito is canon (i think). she said she was gonna have twins and at the end they were having a romantic dinner - that's all i need for assumptions.

other than that, i'm very confused with the animation. some scenes looks like both 3d and 2d occuring at the same time.

other scenes are fully animated in 2d, others are still in 3d. not sure how i feel. i mean, when it's fully animated in 2d i think it looks better, but BBK BRK was more so known for its cgi so it feels inconsistent.

like that scene with azuma and reoko flying through the air looked better in quality than usual and i think it was 2d animated.
Dec 19, 2016 12:49 AM

Oct 2012
Interesting that they use the last ep for an epilogue. A pretty depressing episode until the end there, but I think BBK/BRNK highlighted a very prominent aspect of large fantastical/adventure-esque plot lines.
There's always that bittersweet thought of "What happens after the adventure?" It's almost always going back to society, being mundane and continuing a normal, repetitive and in this context, boring life.
For some, this would be the worst kind of ending, as it conclusively marks the end of an extraordinary adventure and signals the return to their own lives and reality. Unfortunately I do feel sad to know that the adventures are over but hey, nothing can last forever :(

Frankly not a lot of shows actually go far enough to delve into those themes so this was refreshingly bittersweet for me.
I love the implied Reoko x Azuma canon, especially because she's a normal human now and will age again but man still can't get it out of my head that she's his mom's age
Guess it might not matter if she doesn't remember though. More than her recovering her old memories, I'm leaning more towards a future where she feels some connection with Azuma that leads to a relationship but doesn't explicitly remember all of the past. She may remember snippets but I don't expect her to remember everything.
btw can we touch on how sad Reoko's life is? She finally finds her resolve and comes to grips with Migiwa and then she loses all her memories. Even worse, she's going to live at that hospital and will never be free again. She'll be a legitimate 'caged bird.' That's just too cruel man T^T

Pretty fun ride with a fairly conclusive and bittersweet ending. I wouldn't be opposed to more of this in the form of an OVA or something.
Bye bye BBK/BRNK
gust11Dec 19, 2016 1:15 AM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Dec 19, 2016 1:53 AM
Mar 2012
Very calm nichijou end, fun they return to adventure. Reflecting on Guy's words, & how Migiwa/Achan both look beyond humans, and how Reoko/Guy reacted differently.
Reoko looks great as tsundere lol & seems Azuma's heart somehow connected to her mind. Achan x Reoko, Kino x Hiiragi both quite nice. Zetsubi no longer single.
Great art & fights overall, improved cg in s2 esp with caricatured faces.
Lots of convoluted plot around Migiwa, kinda helps the random adventure plot. Reoko's development is perhaps the most in depth in relation to Migiwa & all the teams, one of the few I actually care for.
Dec 19, 2016 4:44 AM

Feb 2016
namedrisk said:
What a disappointing ending... it would have been cooler if they had ended it at previous episode honestly... or perhaps if they had actually skipped a lot of time ahead perhaps adulthood or beyond.

Exactly what I was thinking. Last episode really felt like a final episode. I figured this one would just be an epilogue ending or maybe some kind of oddball "wacky hijinks while trying to relax" deal, but it was just really dull and unfulfilling.

1 year time skip but everyone looks exactly the same, don't really keep in touch, and try to lazily assimilate back into society. No one seems to get any special recognition or anything, and it seems none of the hearts work but all the other pieces still do? It just felt like a letdown after a pretty packed season.

Going farther into the future and maybe showing the various people reuniting or passing their buranki onto their kids would have felt better at least.
Dec 19, 2016 11:05 AM

Mar 2015
Disapointing final boss, they "kill" Reoko, Azuma was emo and wtf with Reoko x Azuma shipping?
The season started good but It s a shitty ending
Dec 19, 2016 11:35 AM

May 2012
Much worse that 1st season
Dec 20, 2016 4:02 AM

Nov 2011
This ending is better than expected. It is not the usual generic ending most MAL users or people in general, love. I have a different view of things now. A show can still be entertaining despite having a badly written story. I'm also now more convinced that all mechas should be in CG. After watching Expelled from Paradise, Kuromukuro and Bubuki, watching the non-cgi Gundam movements now look shit. I read that the studio for this is actually surprisingly doing well despite this series BD sales not doing much. So, there's still hope for another season.
ernstDec 20, 2016 4:08 AM
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Dec 20, 2016 4:26 AM

Jan 2011
Well I wasn't expecting such a depressing ending.

This series had some pretty good CGI, which was a real pleasure to watch in action. The plot was a bit too discombobulated though, and most of these characters really didn't serve that much purpose.
Dec 20, 2016 1:23 PM

May 2012
This episode was bad. It would have been much better to end the anime with the last episode.

Kaoruko was such a useless character. She didn't bring anything to the series and i think any important scene she was in could have been skipped or have a different character replacing her. Even in the end she was just an afterthought.

I didn't like the end too. 6/10 is fair enough.
I despise woke people.
Dec 22, 2016 9:30 AM

Dec 2015
@ernst You should really check showcases of Char's Counterattack, F91 and Reconguista in G's animation.

A1fter a common but great second half to the finale, this epilogue was a nice touch. Like said above, it was way better than implying some eternal adventures. I disliked Reoko's own conclusion but it was handled as well as the heroes one if not better.

I particularly liked the scene where Reoko's mind wanders in the sky, it reminded me of Explorers dream scene. Zut, now I have to watch this movie again. ^^"

4/5 Glad I was oblivious to the apparently obvious romantic nature of Azuma and Reoko's relationship.

Decent 2nd half, closing properly the story while introducing more cool chara-designs. Good closure on the most important duo (Migiwa/Reoko, my favourite part of the show). Fun to watch showcase of cartoonish 3DCGI (the walks were still rigid but the faces looked better than in the series' first half).

Score 6.5-/10

Special mention to Guy's catholicity and lack of interest for his son. Despite having the usual family's loss of a class of villains, this wasn't the direct motivation, the makers dare gloss over it like nothing.

@DangerMouseDM It was nothing. I am glad it served someone. (I only wished we could access such interviews for pre-simulcast shows that easily)
Rei_IIIJan 5, 2017 8:55 PM
Dec 22, 2016 6:45 PM

Oct 2008
This episode is like calm AFTER (not before) the storm.
Their life are now back to mundane and peaceful. But Azuma seems like he's still cannot adopt to it unlike the others.
Banryuu Reoko lost memories? that's the price to pay!?
Hiiragi & Kinoa dating?
Is Zetsubi Hazama preggy from Tsuwabuki?
They gonna find new Treasure island because they don't want mundane and peaceful lives because they are Bubuki kid adventurers!
4/5.
8/10.

Dec 22, 2016 10:14 PM

Jan 2009
matias067 said:

Is Zetsubi Hazama preggy from Tsuwabuki?

yep its very much confirmed from that ending scene showing both of them
Dec 23, 2016 11:47 PM

Mar 2009
Zetsubi is pregnant? Akihito is a lucky guy...

Uhh, this episode wasn't really needed? They teased Azuma and Reoko, but nothing came of it. Oh, well. I'll always remember BBK for having 3D CGI that wasn't jarring or obtrusive. Deserves props for that at least.
Dec 24, 2016 4:02 PM

Feb 2013
A fitting end for the anime I guess. The "feel" in this episode would have made for a good mid-season psychological episode.

This anime would probably have been better if Reoko had been the main character. I think it would have been more interesting from her point of view since everything centered on her anyways.

4/10 (below average). I gave the first season 6/10... this one wasn't nearly as good... and I started to lose interest.
Dec 24, 2016 6:08 PM

Apr 2015
well, it was a fun show overall, but season 1 was better.

The last episode just showed what was obvious to me.They should have focused in azuma and reoko's group. The other characters weren't essential to the development of the anime.

And the bad guy was really disappointing. His reason to conquer the world was so cheesy and a little stupid too.

Migiwa had a confusing ending. That part when she was talking to oubu was not well explained. I don't even know how she survived when the treasure island fell of the sky
Dec 31, 2016 5:32 AM

Apr 2014
Well, that's a good and satisfying way for a finale.
And I won't mind a sequel if they are gonna make it.
Anyway,I'll rate this anime a 6 ( or 7) score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jan 2, 2017 6:12 PM

Aug 2013
This finale episode was so bad that it kind of made me wish that that it ended on the episode prior.

We get a one year time skip, but the characters all look exactly the same. Azuma is going through this depressed and pouty phase for 23 minutes of the 24 minute episode. Then they all just meet up out of the blue and decide to talk about it once a year like it's Christmas or something.

All of the characters rarely talk to each other anymore, if it all, and they want to pretend that none of the Buranki events ever happened despite the fact that they saved the world.

Zetsubi is randomly pregnant (with twins) out of nowhere, and they never explicitly state who the father is. Tsuwabuki probably? Since they were eating a fancy dinner together at the end, but it's only implied.

Reoko got entirely fucked over. She's now a normal mortal girl, but she lost all of her memories and such. Now she has a trash (even worse than Kaoruko) tsundere personality. And they ominously were like "yea, she's alive and normal, but she'll be confined to this place until the day she dies". Ummm...ok, well that was fucking bleak. And now that she's literally a normal high school girl now, the pairing with Azuma wouldn't have been weird at all, but they tossed that aside completely. Her promise with Migiwa is also null and void now, since she can't exactly watch over Azuma and Kaoruko when she's now an entirely different person.

Epizo NEVER got his heart working, and even sent a letter to Azuma saying he was still going to figure out how to activate it...why even fucking have it in the show then? It was literally THE most useless piece of the show. He could've never had that heart and the show would have zero differences.

A little less important, there was no more mention of Migiwa afterwards either. She just took control of the head and left. No comment from Azuma like "I wonder how my mom is", or anything. Ok then.

I'm normally not one for an ambiguous ending. I usually prefer conclusions for as many parts of the story as possible. But I think I would've preferred the ambiguity of the ending of episode 11 to the end of this episode. Because this final episode managed to be both unfulfilling and ambiguous. At least in episode 11 they could've ended as the heroes who saved the world and let us draw our own conclusions from there.

Overall it was still better than the first season. If you don't take this last episode into consideration it was actually a pretty decent show.
Jan 4, 2017 6:31 AM

Mar 2015
A nice wrap up episode some time in the future. Good way to end it I thought

7/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 5, 2017 2:39 PM
Oct 2011
Burger-Meister said:
Couldn't think you could come up with a more chillax ending to such a crazy show as this one.

This season, in my opinion, was a massive improvement. The animation and comedy got a bit better, and the story had a lot of new interesting twists and turns that made it worth watching. I'll admit that this was a pretty damn fun show all things considered, especially with the action sequences. Looking forward to more projects from this show's staff.

8/10

Yup, I quite liked this show.

@Rei366 : I know you posted them a while ago, but thanks for the links to those two little interviews with the director back in the ep 4 thread. :)
DangerMouseDMJan 5, 2017 5:07 PM
Jan 9, 2017 9:44 AM

Jun 2013
Well at least it was a little better then the last season with an added level of annoyance thanks to Kaoruko's obnoxious character as if Azuma's dumb ass wasn't enough already. I kinda felt bad for Maxim though as him and his entire team died in vain. But the action was alright.

I don't understand the purpose behind an extra episode with a 1-year time skip since the previous episode had a proper conclusion. I think the show would've been much more interesting if they paired Azuma and Reoko from the start of this season.

5/10
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bubuki Buranki: Hoshi no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2016

43 by tokidoki921 »»
Mar 18, 2019 10:22 AM

Poll: » Bubuki Buranki: Hoshi no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

31 by LycoReco »»
Dec 2, 2018 5:08 PM

» i want a season 3

audac1ous - Dec 20, 2016

10 by NG_Chloe »»
Nov 10, 2018 5:57 PM

Poll: » Bubuki Buranki: Hoshi no Kyojin Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

30 by Seiya0890 »»
Oct 21, 2018 11:37 AM

Poll: » Bubuki Buranki: Hoshi no Kyojin Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

23 by Hannah_Ana »»
Feb 18, 2018 6:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.