MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

So Ra No Wo To Episode 4 Discussion

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Poll: So Ra No Wo To Episode 4 Discussion


#1
01-25-10, 10:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 75
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ohnomnomnom, blob.

More face distortion please.


Edit: Here's a link to the episode folks:
http://www.animebullet.com/so-ra-no-wo-to-episode-4
Modified by Kineta, 11-25-12, 10:58 AM
 
#2
01-25-10, 11:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3732
So I suppose the quality went down in this episode still the OP is nostalgic and brb because of farming >_<

In spoiler my anime list for now.
 
#3
01-25-10, 3:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1853
What time period are they in? That tank looks pretty high tech.
 
#4
01-25-10, 3:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 200
I'm somewhere in between loving and hating this show.
 
#5
01-25-10, 4:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 7209
I think ef's skies are better, but I think this has the better sun.

I wish Noel would hurry up and finish the tank so she can rampage into town and kill that kid. :Dj/k
 
#6
01-25-10, 5:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2874
J_Boi said:
What time period are they in? That tank looks pretty high tech.
From what I've been reading, it's definately in the future but kind of in a post-apocolpytic world. It's not as dark as the other post-apoc. worlds.


We need to get all the WTFs we watched listed....please join and let the insanity reign!!!
WTF did I just watch? club
 
#7
01-25-10, 6:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 152
i liked it...quality did seem to drop here and there, but overall it was good...
noel :3
 
#8
01-25-10, 10:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4503
didn't notice any drop in quality.

I liked it, even if it was kinda cheesy that Kanata could play all of a sudden just like that..
 
#9
01-25-10, 10:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 16
Hm, I wonder what they are hiding from Kanata.
 
01-25-10, 10:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 4213
Nakei said:
More face distortion please.

Not sure how that's distorted. It looks pretty normal to me.

They really need to start getting the plot moving instead of doing girl of the week. At least they're moving the tank repairing along. More story on the war and stuff kthx.
 
01-25-10, 10:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 551
It was a good episode, it had a little dark feeling to it.
 
01-25-10, 11:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 377
I was pumped for this show until it actually started airing. This episode was no less retarded than the last 3. Dropped.
 
01-25-10, 11:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 909
Well, next week will focus on another character so the pacing should be just about the same. I wonder what will happen in the following episode.

This is slowly dragging me down but it's too late for me to drop this. I wonder if it is a strategy for an all the more epic ending but probability suggests otherwise.
 
01-25-10, 11:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 117
Wasabi said:
They really need to start getting the plot moving instead of doing girl of the week. At least they're moving the tank repairing along. More story on the war and stuff kthx.


Since the first episode I never expected much more than what is being shown. Still, I like the pacing of this series.
 
01-26-10, 12:09 AM

Online
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2642
Comanechi said:
Wasabi said:
They really need to start getting the plot moving instead of doing girl of the week. At least they're moving the tank repairing along. More story on the war and stuff kthx.


Since the first episode I never expected much more than what is being shown. Still, I like the pacing of this series.


i didnt expect much more either and most of the anime I watch has a slow pace so im fine with that

Yuruku said:
didn't notice any drop in quality.

I liked it, even if it was kinda cheesy that Kanata could play all of a sudden just like that..


I agree that that was cheesy, but I like Noel so I was happy they finally did an episode with her
crater-san said:

Asunyan, you're beautiful. Don't ever change. <3

花火花火花火 :D:D:D
 
01-26-10, 12:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 673
HawthorneKitty said:
I think ef's skies are better, but I think this has the better sun.
Indeed.

Hope they will start with the plot already. This episode was quite cute though, with Noel.
With 13 episodes only, I hope we can get satisfied with this show.
 
01-26-10, 1:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3732
This was a good episode with more information about a good number of things. Seiya=>
being a orphan that hates soldiers because his family was killed by the army but I still want to know if it was done on purpose or by accident that it happened. Rio sending Noel and Kanata into town to get supplies was good idea to have them develop their relation and I find it was done rather good with hand holding and a little skinship. Naomi....so how does she know about the military shipment is each month other than knowing Rio? The factory outside the town is interesting itself with the glass work but it looks Noel uses it to make some kind of lens for Takemikazuchi so the sniper system works. I find more interesting Carl=>
the boss and Maria=>
a worker. What's this science stuff about the lens being composed of silicon dioxide, sodium oxide and magnesium oxide...not a scientist so does it mean anything? BTW rofl that weapons around this anime were using glass....it's too fragile. Pretty neat system to put the lens into=>
Now what is Nue and is that guy the Archduke of the Helvatian Akira Arcadia have anything to do with the story?=>
Am I supposed to believe there was some Apocalypse based on those sayings=>
Ok so how much money is this in dollars?=>
This is the second time I see the virgin Mary stuff other than Qwaser so does Japan like Christianity stuff?
Factory looks good and so does the cloud movements in the sky=>
All hail to cute part of Kanata x Noel=>
Translation since many subbers do not:
Un pansement/une boite: Bandage/one box
Savon/une boite:Soap/one box
Un drap/une boite:Sheets(probably for bed or windows)/one box
Corde Serviette/ 10 metres: Rope to hang clothing to dry/10 meters
Rouleau de papier de Toilet/4 douzaine:Toilet paper/4 dozens (48 rolls)
Une serviette/une boite: Napkins/one box
Une plaque/une boite: A plate (to fix things & it can be electrical)/one box
Un anti-febrile/une boite: Against fever/one box
One of numbers neuf means 9=>

Epic Kanata x Noel is epic!

So at the end Kanata learns to play the clarion better and also rainbow!=
and the Takemikazuchi has its sniper system on and working=>
but where are the targets? Someone get a target to test the system...
Wasabi said:
Nakei said:
More face distortion please.

Not sure how that's distorted. It looks pretty normal to me.

They really need to start getting the plot moving instead of doing girl of the week. At least they're moving the tank repairing along. More story on the war and stuff kthx.
The face just looks bad, I have to agree here but the scenery was more amazing than before in this episode. Wait a second.....if they do not introduce the girls then will be scartching my head for what their past is. I am guessing by episode 6 something should happen.
Maximatum99 said:
Well, next week will focus on another character so the pacing should be just about the same. I wonder what will happen in the following episode.

This is slowly dragging me down but it's too late for me to drop this. I wonder if it is a strategy for an all the more epic ending but probability suggests otherwise.
Euh, is not next week some hiking thing?
sbyrstall said:
J_Boi said:
What time period are they in? That tank looks pretty high tech.
From what I've been reading, it's definately in the future but kind of in a post-apocolpytic world. It's not as dark as the other post-apoc. worlds.
Yeah but is it really like that just because of that spoiler thing I mention.....I wonder about that.
HawthorneKitty said:
I think ef's skies are better, but I think this has the better sun.

I wish Noel would hurry up and finish the tank so she can rampage into town and kill that kid. :Dj/k
I would chanllenge that the sky thing once the BD of that serie is out..can Aria even challenge Ef?
Modified by francismeunier, 01-26-10, 1:06 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
 
01-26-10, 2:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6479
I'm starting to find the setting of the series pretty interesting, if they just get to the defined storyline a little from here on out, I might end up really liking this series. As it is I am finding the whole outlook on the post-apocalyptic sort of setting rather interesting.
 
01-26-10, 2:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2176
The post-apocalyptic setting is certainly interesting. I hope this show really takes advantage of this wonderful back-story.

(Tank is one step closer to being fully operational...)
 
01-26-10, 2:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1693
hmmmm.. i really like the scenery in this episode.. the hints of a post-apocalyptic setting, that sky, and even the whole town.. the message of today's story is to not push things hard, but let them be..
i don't get people wanting this to have some plot very early.. this ain't a sci-fi action show.. this is slice of life..
 
01-26-10, 3:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1631
Will they ever kill? It would make this show so badass.
-Fixing-
 
01-26-10, 4:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 117
Wilio said:
Will they ever kill?


Keep telling yourself that there is this possibility.
 
01-26-10, 5:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 636
So... this is something like this:

Either way - pretty dull episode...
「我が運命を決めるのはわれなり
我が魂を制するのはわれなり」
 
01-26-10, 6:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 261
Walking tank is as hilarious as sending non-balanced walkers in to the forest in Star Wars. Still it's firepower is the only reason I keep watching it.
 
01-26-10, 7:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 5081
Theres no much BGM,therefore the scenery and color theme seem stand out alot.....a very smooth feeling and somehow realistic ... hehe

Story will start next month ^^
Modified by MorningGlory, 01-26-10, 7:45 AM
 
01-26-10, 7:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2152
I really like this image in the preview for next week



Can't wait to see spider-tank action in the future.
 
01-26-10, 8:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 429
I'm starting to feel like I'm not gonna get what I want out of this show. It's not that it isn't there. There's clearly some deep background to all of the girls, the town, and the universe. I just don't think it'll be told in 13 episodes at this pace. We'll have to wait and see. I'm still enjoying the show though.
 
01-26-10, 9:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4503
Blackiris said:
So... this is something like this:

Either way - pretty dull episode...
so much wrong with that picture I wont even bother, but someone hasn't paid attention to the show.
 
01-26-10, 9:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3974
Yuruku said:
so much wrong with that picture I wont even bother, but someone hasn't paid attention to the show.


Please, enlighten us.
 
01-26-10, 9:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4503
Plate said:
Yuruku said:
so much wrong with that picture I wont even bother, but someone hasn't paid attention to the show.


Please, enlighten us.
watch the damn show.
 
01-26-10, 9:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1212
nice episode

AOTY
 
01-26-10, 9:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1128
This episode is the one that made most sense to me. Maybe just because i'm getting used to the strange setting.
Yuruku said:
Plate said:
Yuruku said:
so much wrong with that picture I wont even bother, but someone hasn't paid attention to the show.
Please, enlighten us.
watch the damn show.
Can't see much wrong with the picture - perhaps it's not 500mm? And of course the rifles look like German k98k, but there's no guarantee.
francismeunier said:
What's this science stuff about the lens being composed of silicon dioxide, sodium oxide and magnesium oxide...not a scientist so does it mean anything? BTW rofl that weapons around this anime were using glass....it's too fragile. Pretty neat system to put the lens into=>

and the Takemikazuchi has its sniper system on and working=>
You answered your own question: the lenses are for sniping. The materials are standard glass, but how they are mixed influences the lense - so it makes sense what they say.
 
01-26-10, 10:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 909
Yuruku said:
Blackiris said:
So... this is something like this:

Either way - pretty dull episode...
so much wrong with that picture I wont even bother, but someone hasn't paid attention to the show.


Wut?
 
01-26-10, 10:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 377
argilium said:
hmmmm.. i really like the scenery in this episode.. the hints of a post-apocalyptic setting, that sky, and even the whole town.. the message of today's story is to not push things hard, but let them be..
i don't get people wanting this to have some plot very early.. this ain't a sci-fi action show.. this is slice of life..


It's not slice of life, though. It's slice of retarded.
 
01-26-10, 11:43 AM
DB Administrator
Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 12817
Simple, yet a beauitful episode.
 
01-26-10, 11:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 909
dkrdude3 said:
argilium said:
hmmmm.. i really like the scenery in this episode.. the hints of a post-apocalyptic setting, that sky, and even the whole town.. the message of today's story is to not push things hard, but let them be..
i don't get people wanting this to have some plot very early.. this ain't a sci-fi action show.. this is slice of life..


It's not slice of life, though. It's slice of retarded.


I wouldn't say that. I like slice of life but the pacing coupled with an increasingly dark atmosphere contrast to the characters themselves in a manner that's not really all that spot on for me.
 
01-26-10, 1:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 5309
I've been bored in my life, but rarely as much as watching an episode of Sora no Woto. It just doesn't make sense to me how Aniplex/A1 could make such an anime, with great production values and high budget and just forget to make a plot or interesting development and characters. The show won't sell abroad (probably won't even be licensed) and will probably not sell well domestically, so I we can't really say they did it for money either. A true mystery to me.

All the other recent great slice of life shows like Kino no Tabi, Haibane Renmei or Mushishi have something special about their characters and a truly unique plot and atmosphere. Sora no Woto is just... dull and slow.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
 
01-26-10, 2:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5059
Oh carp, now's the time when this OP's started to grow on me ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ I did not foresee this.
Anyway I'm sure of it now, I'm watching this for Noel and her Gundamuuu ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃

Yes, A is quite flat, but quite nice as well ʘ‿ʘ
Kanata's like a little child in a toy store. ┐(-。ー')┌
And yep, her trumpet really wakes people up. ┐('~`;)┌
Stare. ( ̄Д ̄)

Though apart from some nice scenery and so, this was an incredibly uneventful episode (゚⊿゚) Oh but of course, Noel's spontaneously falling asleep is cool (=´∇`=)
The ED has yet to grow on me though. ( ゚,_ゝ゚)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
 
01-26-10, 7:24 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1558
Kanata scores points this week for winning over Noel and finally figuring out how to properly blow into a trumpet. Yes, the show is slow and not much happens. But that's fine so far (and probably to be expected). But there are also signs that things might not stay so cheery and tranquil. If that's the case, I hope we reach that point sooner than later.
 
01-26-10, 8:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 117
Yuruku said:
Blackiris said:
So... this is something like this:

Either way - pretty dull episode...
so much wrong with that picture I wont even bother, but someone hasn't paid attention to the show.


Let me guess; overrating of a slice of retarded show?
 
01-26-10, 9:26 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 35004
I wouldn't mind if there became more serious and less slice of life.
But something like this is great too. Action Drama nuts need to cool down.
If one wants shounen-esque action, there are a great numerous amount of titles to choose from elsewhere.

I do think it's overrated for girl characters in shows to be like this and for guy characters to be all action. Which is kind of why I'm looking forward to watching Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha.
I also do admit I wouldn't mind this deviating from the slice of life atmosphere onto some actual war drama and action.
I'm basically content with what I have here, and figure I should be given the chances of this becoming a violent military drama anytime soon.

Personally, I have a hankering for a Stalingrad-esque show like this one. A bit of slice of life and variety to keep it balanced and not all "emo", but also a bit of this.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
 
01-27-10, 4:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2110
Loved the sky when \kanata was playing the trumpet:)
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
 
01-27-10, 6:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 77
this really isn't going anywhere, huh?
 
01-27-10, 6:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1693
ukonkivi said:
I wouldn't mind if there became more serious and less slice of life.
But something like this is great too. Action Drama nuts need to cool down.
If one wants shounen-esque action, there are a great numerous amount of titles to choose from elsewhere.
I do think it's overrated for girl characters in shows to be like this and for guy characters to be all action. Which is kind of why I'm looking forward to watching Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha.
I also do admit I wouldn't mind this deviating from the slice of life atmosphere onto some actual war drama and action.
I'm basically content with what I have here, and figure I should be given the chances of this becoming a violent military drama anytime soon.
i would like to vary my post a bit coz i greatly approve of this post.. i'm satisfied with what we have.. but if we get more, it's more than ok..
 
01-27-10, 8:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 59
I pretty much like this show. There are many ways to think about possible storylines.
This whole ancient technology thing mixed with so many cultures is in my point of view very interesting. So what could happen?
Maybe they'll get some clues about the past of the world, what happened, what caused that downgrade in technology? Maybe, we will learn about how this mixture of cultures happened escactly. There are plenty of ways i could imagine fitting into this story with the current amount of backgroundstory.
And don't forget they are in a war and on the border of their country, even if there is just nothing across this border, but hey, perfect position for an outpost for the enemy.
A propos enemy: We still don't know who this war is against. Do they have the same mixture of culture, same technology and why did this war happen? Just for conquer, ressources, believe or anything else?
That is one of a few shows motivating me to think "deeply" about the background and further explanations.

And to see, that these girls "happyly" live their daily life, merging toghether more like a familiy (e.g. Phylicia and Rio describing each other as mother) and the possibility of real war breaking into their life, for me this is something like a tense and sad situation.

This really is a mean technice of suspence... showing happy life all along and slowly inviting all things of possibilities, that could cause real trouble. The longer the show now, the more i don't want to happen anything to them.
If you can't get good help, get mor help!
 
01-27-10, 9:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 5769
Finally Noel's episode, pretty good.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
 
01-27-10, 10:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 614
Why don't people that don't like shows, y'know, drop them?
I think four episodes in is a more than acceptable amount to realise you're really not going to enjoy something and should stop wasting your time on it.

Honestly, I seriously don't understand the point in a "no-drop" policy.

Anyway, NOEL <3333 god the end was so cuuuute.
I lol'ed when Kanata could suddenly play the trumpet. YEAH, THAT'S TOTALLY HOW IT WORKS.
 
01-27-10, 10:55 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 35004
MrsChaos42 said:
Honestly, I seriously don't understand the point in a "no-drop" policy.

Because people are constantly told they can't decide if something is good or not unless they've watched the whole darn thing.
And because you can't downrate a show on MyAnimeList that you haven't watched.

I mean, you could lie, but most people don't want to put themselves in a position of pretending.

Noel

My favorite character, personally.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
 
01-27-10, 7:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 143
Not sure why everyone is so butt-hurt over this show. I'm just enjoying it for what it is. I think some people are taking it too seriously. Then again, my idea of a good anime is fairly different from most, considering I applaud slow pacing and plot really isn't necessary at all for me. Either way, I am enjoying this show greatly.

Still, being able to suddenly play the trumpet like that was damn funny.
"LET THE TRUMPET PLAY ITSELF? OHSHI-- *Can now play beautifully*"

<3 Noel and Kanata this time around.
-
 
01-28-10, 5:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 133
"it was a marine mammal back when life existed in the sea"
I blame second impact, wait wut........... different series

i liked the episode a lot, pretty enjoyable and we got some more backstory (much better at moving the plot ahead unlike episode 3) then again most of whether i enjoy the series or not depends really on how they end it but i am pretty happy with the series so far since i was expecting some bad version of K-On in the military with little to no story structure
 
Top
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Advertising     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy