Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 24, 2016 1:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this was an interesting episode, taking on a sea adventure style that makes it more refreshing. Arslan and his comrades are treated liked honored guests too. Some of the guys are getting some treatment from the Zot Clan XD

Looks like we got some sea warfare with pirates. What I also find interesting is that we also meet a possible friend/rival for Narsus and Arslan discovering sea for the first time. Will be interesting to see how that develops. Decent action. I wish there were more.
Stark700Jul 24, 2016 2:26 AM
Jul 24, 2016 2:36 AM
Jul 2016
Very enjoyable episode. This arc seems very interesting and I like the new scenario.
The first half of the episode is funny and relaxing. But I'm curious where they get the new outfit. The second half has more action.
Everyone think Narsus is married.
Jul 24, 2016 2:40 AM

Jan 2012
Arriving at Gilan, it seems the slavery issue is costing Arslan support. On the flipside, he may have gained some from fighting off those pirates.

Also, another glorious Farangis end card showing off her big, beautiful tits this week, but with Gieve on it too I'll refrain from posting it. XD
Jul 24, 2016 2:41 AM

Jan 2015
It really reminds me of anime "Ronja". And I haven't finished watching it. LOL
Feels more excited now that they have meet with more ally. But seems it will need more time to become real, especially with this pirate and slavery issues.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 24, 2016 2:45 AM

Dec 2010
Quite liking the development so far. The action on boats is a nice change of pace, instead of the fights on land, that its been so far.

Lol, love how when Gieve mentioned Daryun all the pirates got scared as hell xD

Looking forward to the next episode. Would think Arslan will have gained quite a bit of support from their assistance
Jul 24, 2016 3:21 AM

Mar 2016
So the city of Gilan also incorporates slavery to make off its wealth . But i think with arslan and his companions' assistance against pirates, they'll be indebted to them and agree on an alliance and abolishing slavery maybe. I like the idea of naval battles. A nice change of pace from land battles. And lol them pirates running to save their asses after knowing Daryun's identity . Will be interesting to see Narsus and Shagad friendship/rivalry .
Jul 24, 2016 3:25 AM
Mar 2016
Title must be change "Arslan and Seven Warriors : The Pirate of Parsian Gulf" LOL
Wow finally we see the sea
and who new chara? he join Arslan camp?
Jul 24, 2016 3:44 AM
Jul 2014
This season is great, Gilan have good setting so far, even tho I dont like that merchant friend of Narsus, he is the one pulling strings of the pirates imo.
Jul 24, 2016 3:48 AM

Aug 2013
*Daryun casually kills abunch of people, then asks who wants to die first*

It was also really funny to see the pirates flee in terror from him after finding out who he is. Usually he's on a battlefield with other soldiers who don't have that option.

I missed watching OP Daryun fight during the break between seasons. If this were a Fire Emblem game (which it feels like sometimes, with the main cast fighting a ton of enemies and completely wrecking them), he'd be the Oifey, but ridiculously better. Curb stomp battles are awesome as long as they're badass enough.
Jul 24, 2016 4:36 AM

Jan 2011
Those were some nice jugs that Farangis had there.
Jul 24, 2016 4:38 AM

Jun 2014
QuynhNhu said:
But I'm curious where they get the new outfit.

And where did they store their old ones? Daryun and Arslan have their armors and the packages on the back of their horses didn't seem big enough for them. And when they entered the city the horses of the whole group are gone XD

So we got to know Narsus' old friend who is most likely supporting the pirates and the trader/fighter dude who will join Arslan's group.
Jul 24, 2016 5:23 AM

Mar 2015
Nice to see Farenghis in the endcard :p

Jul 24, 2016 7:13 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Gilan is a nice town, very nice setting.

Our potential new allies are here :D
Jul 24, 2016 7:50 AM

Oct 2014
We one Piece now? Nice nice :D

Lol Alfraid
Jul 24, 2016 8:02 AM

Jun 2013
lol poor Narsus and Gilan is a nice town and the have new allies i guess
Jul 24, 2016 8:04 AM

May 2009
Love the atmosphere in this coastal town. It's a nice change from the usual.

Dunno why, but I can't shake off the feeling that things will go south with Shagad.
Jul 24, 2016 8:06 AM

Jul 2008
DragonSlayer_19 said:
So the city of Gilan also incorporates slavery to make off its wealth . But i think with arslan and his companions' assistance against pirates, they'll be indebted to them and agree on an alliance and abolishing slavery maybe. I like the idea of naval battles. A nice change of pace from land battles. And lol them pirates running to save their asses after knowing Daryun's identity . Will be interesting to see Narsus and Shagad friendship/rivalry .

No, they won't. For one, even if we believe the Viceroy and the pirates are a threat, letting them be would be less of an economical loss than abolishing slavery (though it would still be just a trivial loss, especially if you handle abolition properly).
But seriously, the pirates no doubt work for the city, thus why nobody came to help the poor sailors: the merchants pay the Pirates to steal the foreign goods because it's cheaper than having to buy the said goods. So if anything, they'll be pissed if Arslan saves the city from slavery (but we all will enjoy it :D ).
Jul 24, 2016 9:06 AM

Dec 2015
Narsus friend ... felt strang this episode. Somehow I think he might be related to that pirates.

Merchang ship captain that is good at fighting ... I liked him. Might become a good friend of Daryun ha ha.
Jul 24, 2016 9:09 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Shagard is bad news.
Wouldnt be surprised if he ended up being with the pirates!
DatRandomDudeJul 24, 2016 9:14 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 24, 2016 9:24 AM

Jun 2016
Everyone is just so amazing...all hail the awesomeness of DARYUN <3
Jul 24, 2016 9:31 AM
Jul 2018
Arslan and the gang had arrived at Gilan. Gilan's atmosphere seems good!
Jul 24, 2016 10:01 AM

Nov 2012
Wasn't expecting to like this season that much considering it's only 8 episodes,but so far enjoying it more than S1.

Like how fast pace this compared to how slow S1 was,makes me realize how much better S1 would've been if it had had this pacing.
Jul 24, 2016 10:48 AM

Jun 2015
when the pirates ran after knowing they were fighting Daryun, this was funny.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jul 24, 2016 10:56 AM

Sep 2009
So can someone who actually read the novels tell me: will we get only till the end of vol. 6 or till the end of vol. 7?
Jul 24, 2016 12:16 PM

Jun 2016
Nachtwandler_21 said:
So can someone who actually read the novels tell me: will we get only till the end of vol. 6 or till the end of vol. 7?
We will get only to the end of the 6th novel this season. Maybe there will be another short series (about 5 episodes) to cover the 7th and final novel before the 3 year time skip.
Jul 24, 2016 12:20 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The slavery issue really will cost Arslan a lot of supporters between the wealthy and powerful. He needs to get the slaves on his side.

I hope we get more than 8 episodes of this fine story,
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 24, 2016 12:48 PM

May 2015
A new hot guy joins them but it seems he may turn evil in the future.

Alfrid is the best, Narsus should marry her for real x3
Jul 24, 2016 1:07 PM

Jun 2012
Kind of a bummer that this season is only 8 episodes. Seems like they are going to have to cram a lot in these next 4 episodes to wrap up this arc. Overall tho I am really happy so far with this season as the show has definitely continues to improve upon its previous episodes/season
Jul 24, 2016 5:05 PM

Dec 2012
Damn Daryun is so badass. I love him the most he's just so op. <3<3<3
Jul 24, 2016 5:06 PM

Sep 2013
Why isn't this shit 24 episodes? Not enough material? Or is this a shot to see if the anime gets popular so they can continue it? Sorry for being ignorant.
Jul 24, 2016 5:58 PM

Dec 2009
The best part of the episode was at the end where Gieve revealed who Daryun was to the pirates and then he began glaring at them. Don't mess with the biggest badass in the series punks!
Jul 24, 2016 6:06 PM

Jan 2014

I love him.

Every time Alfreed calls herself Narsus' wife, he gets so upset. My poor gay babe.
JotakakJul 24, 2016 6:09 PM
Jul 24, 2016 7:14 PM

Oct 2011
Felt like ibe as watching akatsuki no yona arc where they fight pirates too
Jul 24, 2016 8:59 PM

Mar 2015
Daryun playing around with his opponents again. GG.
Jul 24, 2016 9:25 PM

Jul 2009
Daaaaaamn the captain of that ship is fiiiiiiine (Daryun is still the hottest but damn)

Also this episode proved my point for the fact the King totally wanted Arslan to die or something. THERE WERE BANDITS! Like his ass would be dead or captured and turned into a slave/hostage or something if he was alone.

Also Narsus' friend is suspect asf. He's totally gonna betray their trust or something. A shame, he's nice eye candy.
Jul 24, 2016 10:02 PM

Sep 2009
MihaiOtaku said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:
We will get only to the end of the 6th novel this season. Maybe there will be another short series (about 5 episodes) to cover the 7th and final novel before the 3 year time skip.

Damn. I wanted to see the final of the first arc (even if a bit rushed). Hope they-ll announce another short season/OVAs or a movie.
Jul 25, 2016 4:04 AM

Jun 2013
So they go to to Gilan to get an army. There they meet Shagad who is an old friend of Narsus. But this guy looks like he might become a bit hostile. Arslan's announcement that he'll abolish slavery hasn't been well received in this city because the merchants are heavily dependant on slaves to have their merchandise moved and all that. No slaves would be problematic for them as there won't be many people available to do all the hard work. And Shagad has slaves himself despite having promised to end slavery with Narsus. He did say that he'll do whatever he can to help Arslan, but he looks way too suspicious.

And that viceroy lol. What a guy. Daryun, Gieve, Farangis help save a merchant ship from pirates to help make them famous so that people will trust them more and it will eventually help them in gaining followers and an army. The viceroy is useless right now because of pirates which really is a questionable excuse. Shagad might turn against Arslan. So Arslan will have to get followers some other way. Also, the Zot clan guy with that Maryam princess is Alfreed's aniki.
Jul 25, 2016 7:07 AM

Jun 2011
Ahh this episode was interesting ;; Especially because when I watched the original OVA, they didn't show the Gilan part. In any case, I spoilered myself with the novels but I have no idea how it'll all play out. I don't usually say this because it just doesn't feel right but Arslan is my son. He's so precious ?!?!?!?

Jul 25, 2016 5:16 PM
Feb 2016
I like new characters and lively atmosphere of Gilan! I'm looking forward to watch more scenes of Grahze in the next episode as there was too few scenes in this episode to know his personality.
Jul 26, 2016 11:50 AM
Sep 2015
Alfreed is Yandere confirmed.
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain
-Harvey Dent
Jul 26, 2016 2:13 PM

Dec 2012
This arc looks good, I like the new city. With this action, Arslan will certainly get more allies.
Jul 26, 2016 3:14 PM

Dec 2015
I think the port town is one of the more interesting settings that we've been introduced to up to now.
Jul 26, 2016 10:18 PM
Feb 2016
I was surprised when I heard that Narsus has already mentioned about Shagad in season1 ep4! I cannot miss even single word from this anime!
Jul 28, 2016 12:13 PM

Sep 2012
Seems that Kenjirou likes to play buff dudes that don't like to wear shirts this season. Then again, Fango was only shirtless during that weird bedroom scene. I DIGRESS.

Shagad is sus as fuck.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Jul 30, 2016 1:46 AM

Dec 2013
Really enjoying this new city.

I'm pretty excited for this new arc and still slightly salty that it's only going to be 8 episodes.
Jul 30, 2016 4:57 AM

Jul 2009
A new city and a lot of new people, seems that this arc is going to be good!
Why we are only getting 8 episodes?! Such a shame...
Jul 30, 2016 8:24 AM
Nov 2014
Nayrael said:
DragonSlayer_19 said:

No, they won't. For one, even if we believe the Viceroy and the pirates are a threat, letting them be would be less of an economical loss than abolishing slavery (though it would still be just a trivial loss, especially if you handle abolition properly).
But seriously, the pirates no doubt work for the city, thus why nobody came to help the poor sailors: the merchants pay the Pirates to steal the foreign goods because it's cheaper than having to buy the said goods. So if anything, they'll be pissed if Arslan saves the city from slavery (but we all will enjoy it :D ).

And you can see in the opening that Narsus will fight his old friend. Your guess is confirmed.
Jul 31, 2016 3:45 PM

May 2014
Inugirlz said:
Daaaaaamn the captain of that ship is fiiiiiiine (Daryun is still the hottest but damn)

Also this episode proved my point for the fact the King totally wanted Arslan to die or something. THERE WERE BANDITS! Like his ass would be dead or captured and turned into a slave/hostage or something if he was alone.

Also Narsus' friend is suspect asf. He's totally gonna betray their trust or something. A shame, he's nice eye candy.

Glad I am not the only one to think like that when I saw the new character xD

The bara doujin writers will have some new ideas after those smirks and looks he gives Daryun xD

Enjoyed the episode, new setting and new characters all look interesting, also the ED and OP are still fire.

Jul 31, 2016 9:40 PM

Jun 2013
I knew it, Shagad was a fucking liar. He was keeping slaves, he had this dishonest vibe about him. Mother fucker looks like he might backstab or even front stab them at any time.
臭い-
Aug 5, 2016 12:28 AM

Oct 2015
Marzban Daryun's name is so feared and that was wow in a sense. Those pirates fled like crazy when it was mentioned by Gieve, it shows that his name can reach through the seas.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV): Fuujin Ranbu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2016

85 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 27, 2023 1:15 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV): Fuujin Ranbu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

121 by Muow »»
Jun 1, 2023 4:13 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV): Fuujin Ranbu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2016

68 by Muow »»
Jun 1, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV): Fuujin Ranbu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

135 by Muow »»
May 30, 2023 1:01 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV): Fuujin Ranbu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2016

132 by Muow »»
May 30, 2023 12:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.