Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 15, 2016 7:32 PM
May 2010
Shradow115 said:
Daw11 said:
Deku's plan of punching the ceiling and destroying multiple floors in order to help Uraraka was a bit too far fetched, considering that he can't control his power at all and he isn't even sure of what will happen when he uses all of his strenght.

He does know what will happen, though. He's been a fan of heroes for years, All Might especially. He's seen All Might in action on the news and in videos countless times by this point. He's probably studied him more than anyone, and has even seen One For All used by him in person.

He can't control One For All in that it's 0% to 100%, but it's not like a beast that won't listen to his commands. Remember how he focused it in just his finger to throw the ball? If he wants to do something he will do it, it just causes a lot of damage.

If I overanlayzing Deku's plan, his plan is to use element of surprise to distraught the villain so Uraraka can retrieved the weapon and Deku's quirk is more suitable for that.
I mean, even if he can't fully control his quirk, at least he know the destructive power and also the repercussion of it.

Well, far fetched or not that Detroit smash destroying the building floors is the most awesome scene.
May 15, 2016 7:35 PM

Jan 2011
glad the fights are well animated ! but yeah these early stages of Bakugou are rough was easier to manage it in the manga but here it's like if you had accelerator yelling at you every time hes on screen lol
May 15, 2016 7:38 PM

Dec 2012
Best episode of the series at the moment. Finally some development for Bakugo. DETROIT SMASH! The animation was slick there. Loved it!
May 15, 2016 7:38 PM

Mar 2016
This episode was too calm for what i was expecting but the clímax though.
Their faces in the end were awesome

May 15, 2016 7:44 PM

Jan 2013
Now i'm 100% sure that Kacchan is a di**, he was a di**head since he was a kid. And now i doubt that he can be a good hero, everyone saw that.
He was jealous because Izuku was always "stronger" than he was even thought that he had no powers, he was always the first to help him...that's why he hates him so much. But he will stop hating him after Izuku will defeat him xD
Damn that must've been hard for All Might watching that fight!
That ending! Good job Izuku & Uraraka, what a plan xD All that time Izuku had a plan, he was just waiting for the right moment! And he did it.
Kacchan's face when Izuku told him that he can't use his full power on him, he was like "damn this kid is better than me" xD
10/10.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 15, 2016 8:06 PM

Jan 2012
TempeStorm said:
animefan8800 said:
9 and 10 adapted this week. A good episode, but probably a bit too flashback heavy for my liking. Understandable for trying to give insight into Bakugo's character and his relationship with Izuku, but frankly I just don't like him much, never have. Regardless of the reasoning behind why he is who he is he's still a very obnoxious, self-absorbed, dense ass. Still, what action we got looked good, especially Deku's Detroit Smash, that looked great. Deku outdid himself given his handicaps and really shone through, but the cost(once again) looked brutal. Enjoyed Uraraka glomping the weapon and "evil" Iida too. But this week definitely left me wishing I had another episode to watch, and not in the good, I can wait, sense so much as only having the first course of a meal. Thankfully next week should provide me with a bit more.

Yeah but half of these flashbacks we hadn't seen, its not like Shippuden where they spend half the time replaying old scenes from past episodes. It was insightful and created good tension and backstory between clashes.

Oh I agree, but still a bit too much for me to say I enjoyed the episode to quite the same level as several others.
May 15, 2016 8:37 PM

Jul 2012
Bakugou's hero name: The Narcissist
May 15, 2016 8:48 PM
Aug 2015
Bakugo needs to learn to chill and accept that he's not the greatest human being on earth.
May 15, 2016 9:18 PM
Jan 2014
That episode totally paid off. I'm not sure why everyone thinks Bakugou was more evil, Iida scared the crap outta me. Not really but I love how genuine he sounded trying to act evil. It's one of those cheesy villain things to "I cleaned the whole floor so you can't use your power on anything!". It's hilarious. Onto the actual fight of physical and mental proportions!

Today we learn that Bakugou is a big snot because from the age of four, he's been told "You're the best, you have the best quirk, the best confidence, etc" and you know how it is with kids, what is said becomes reality. So Bakugou's had this vision since he was four that he was amazing/good, the epitome of a hero. Then, he see's Deku was "what you do not want to be", a quirkless crybaby. So obviously Deku manning up and suddenly having a quirk shatter's Bakugou's dream vision. This pisses him off, a little-lot.

The fight itself picked up when Bakugou used his grenade-gauntlet thing. BONES did what BONES does and showed off with the explosion, the continuing explosions, and the DETROITO SMASHUUUUUUUUUUU. That was amazing lemme say. We see Deku's genius showing as he somehow plans to do that and have Uraraka use hero Zero-Gravity on the debris to get the payload.
Once again the anime shows the damage done to Deku's body both with his smashed arm and his burnt/exploded arm. He can just never catch a break.
May 15, 2016 9:27 PM

Jan 2014
FragOutFire said:
imagine hating someone more than anything because one time, he was nice

that's not a normal occurrence...

basically, explosion boy is in love with the MC

why didn't jet boy lift a finger except to practice his evil persona to dubstep?

gettin real tired of your shit, bakugo. would have liked to have seen him eat shit from a smash. or for izuku to win without having to use his quirk, but eh teamwork ending is good too

Your comment is the best, hands down.
JotakakMay 15, 2016 9:33 PM
May 15, 2016 9:31 PM

Dec 2009
One of my favorite parts from the manga animated :D I was shocked the first time reading this and seeing how resourceful Deku was in live combat and being able to combat Kacchan. It was awesome to see how he was always intent on winning and was never planning on fighting Kacchan. Awesome episode and I'm looking forward to the second half of this season :D
May 15, 2016 9:33 PM

Jan 2014
I think every week I just go on and on about how awesome of a character Deku is. He's easily relatable; I'm sure we've all felt like him at one point in our lives. It's almost therapeutic to see him work his way up and make accomplishments.
May 15, 2016 9:51 PM

Feb 2016
It was an OK episode..Too predictable!For one I knew Deku was gonna win and two I knew Deku was not gonna defeat kacchan but take a blow and help his team win!Phew and it happens..And I really like Bakugo and I felt he cud be a badass like Itachi but they portrayed him like an Idiot!
May 15, 2016 10:13 PM

Mar 2014
Perfect episode. Bones adapted this to perfection, and even went beyond!

5/5
May 15, 2016 10:58 PM

Aug 2015
Man that fight was awesome, I love Deku's quick and smart thinking during this fight, it was pretty reckless to do what he did at the end but, it was remarkable.
May 15, 2016 11:05 PM
Mar 2016
Great as usual ^^.
May 15, 2016 11:12 PM

Dec 2009
Hope that pissed that arrogant brat off.
May 15, 2016 11:35 PM

Dec 2014
the intensity this one had!!

May 16, 2016 1:21 AM

Aug 2012
I think Bakugou finally realized something about Izuku judging from his expression in the end. Probably will be explained next episode. Lol at Uraraka's comet home run ( ̄▽ ̄ ) and when she hugged the huge weapon xD
May 16, 2016 1:38 AM

May 2014
I really love guys like Bakugo getting pissed off like that hahaha
Another great episode, again!
May 16, 2016 1:56 AM

May 2014
Awesome as always.
May 16, 2016 2:56 AM

Dec 2012
Shradow115 said:
Daw11 said:
Deku's plan of punching the ceiling and destroying multiple floors in order to help Uraraka was a bit too far fetched, considering that he can't control his power at all and he isn't even sure of what will happen when he uses all of his strenght.

He does know what will happen, though. He's been a fan of heroes for years, All Might especially. He's seen All Might in action on the news and in videos countless times by this point. He's probably studied him more than anyone, and has even seen One For All used by him in person.

He can't control One For All in that it's 0% to 100%, but it's not like a beast that won't listen to his commands. Remember how he focused it in just his finger to throw the ball? If he wants to do something he will do it, it just causes a lot of damage.

Not only that but he already seen with his eyes how All Might used Detroit Smash against that slimy villain and how much wind pressure that punch made. It's the same thing except Deku was directly vertical.
May 16, 2016 3:19 AM
Jul 2018
Damn it... I felt that one feeling I really didn't want to feel: The I-can't-wait-for-the-next-episode emotion.

Brilliant episode through and through.
May 16, 2016 3:51 AM

May 2012
I hope this anime get 2nd season. It is soo good !!

I loved that smash that destroyed the whole building !!
May 16, 2016 4:27 AM
Sep 2015
I couldn't help but tear up seeing Deku trying to save Kacchan again,that just got to me for some reason
May 16, 2016 4:37 AM

Jan 2011
Bakugou should take a note from this week's episode of Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou.

That Uraraka face was pretty lol.
May 16, 2016 5:51 AM

Mar 2014
Hmmm... with only 6 more episodes to go, I'm a bit worried...
I hope this series branches out a bit more and doesn't just focus on the school stuff, but it almost seems like that's exactly what will happen.
If that's the case, I'm hoping this series at least gets another season. This universe it too good for it not to.
::End of Transmission::

May 16, 2016 6:13 AM
Mar 2012
Felt short, cuz repeat flashbacks so long.
Flying koala was cute.
Great moves, nice tactic Midoriya, didn't expect that. That punch was epic.
May 16, 2016 6:25 AM

Jan 2010
I love the development that Midoriya and Kacchan have got in the last two episode. Their relationship and why it is the way it is was handled very well imo. Kacchan is that entitled kid that is good at everything, society quite often has these types of guys. I really like how Deku coming up with is Hero books played into how he fough Kacchan and his reasoning for standing up to him was great. I know that shit caught Kacchan by surprise. That last attack by Deku to win the match was great and really sticks to what his character is about. Animation and sound were A+ quality, great fight, and character development 5/5 easy.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

May 16, 2016 6:35 AM

Jan 2014
Fantastic episode!
May 16, 2016 7:51 AM
Jul 2018
This was probably my favorite episode so far.
I didn't expect Izuku to win 1vs1 Bakugou, so was great too see how he still managed to win the whole activity with a strategy. Also was nice to know more about Bakugou character ^^
May 16, 2016 8:06 AM

Feb 2016
this one never ceases to amaze me. watching deku as he grows from the person he was in the past - not able to do anything to someone who's going to surpass every other hero out there. obviously the scene where he blows up the building by using that detroit ability of his, was particularly astonishing.
May 16, 2016 8:40 AM

Jan 2013
SOOO GOOD! I loved the way the episode ended.

One of my favorites so far for sure, but not sure how high up it is. Probably gonna watch it all again once i'm done my online courses
May 16, 2016 9:05 AM
Jul 2018
Bakugo disgusts me to the point where I wanna vomit on him the last thing I ate. He's so full of himself; he reeks of ego. Ugh.
May 16, 2016 9:38 AM

Jan 2015
This episode moved me to tears :'( :D Jk It was a good ep !
May 16, 2016 9:48 AM

Mar 2012
Kacchan was losing his shit because he's got an ego the size of Texas. Inferiority complex 101.
Ah, bless his heart!
Iida's acting so OTT!

May 16, 2016 10:31 AM

May 2016
THAT WAS SO EPIC !!!

Kacchan is such a badass LOL
May 16, 2016 11:37 AM

Jan 2016
That was fuckin awesome
Easily the best anime this season so far.
May 16, 2016 12:05 PM
Feb 2013
Katchan need to calm the fuck down

Epic episode !
May 16, 2016 12:06 PM
Feb 2013
Straw-Hat-Matt said:
Bakugo must have THE worst personality ever to become a hero lol, like, seriously, why does he want to be a hero other than to be '' the best'' ; at the moment he's still so much more of a villain than a hero lol

It would be so good if he become a villain
Imagine the awesome fight... :D
May 16, 2016 12:15 PM
Feb 2013
FragOutFire said:

basically, explosion boy is in love with the MC

Lol
You wish ! *wiggle eyebrows*
May 16, 2016 12:41 PM

Apr 2008
Nancy-Alice said:
Straw-Hat-Matt said:
Bakugo must have THE worst personality ever to become a hero lol, like, seriously, why does he want to be a hero other than to be '' the best'' ; at the moment he's still so much more of a villain than a hero lol

It would be so good if he become a villain
Imagine the awesome fight... :D

He already went almost full out on this fight here hehe ; like so many have said he does seriously need to stop shouting all the time though xD
May 16, 2016 12:58 PM

Jan 2016
I love these characteeeeers. ;^;
And the action was great too!
I was really eager to see more of Kacchan and Deku's childhood: not disappointed!
May 16, 2016 2:03 PM

Jan 2015
Best episode yet! The feels are real.
May 16, 2016 2:08 PM
Mar 2016
I didn't actually mind the flashbacks. I was really interested in Bakugou's backstory since while he certainly is far from the most likeable character he's definitely one of the most entertaining to watch in my eyes. I'll be honest the back stories for me didn't kill the pacing and if anything it added more meaning and tension to the action scenes. Just my own opinion.
May 16, 2016 2:31 PM
Feb 2015
Amazing --- Perfect voice acting and animation
May 16, 2016 3:42 PM

Dec 2015
Good episode with a good amount of back story. Kacchan is basically just a kid who has been told he was amazing and can do no wrong all his life. Like a spoilt rich kid.
Loved the scene of the Detroit smash and special comet home run. Top marks. We finally got a couple sentences out of Todoroki too as a bonus.
May 16, 2016 4:11 PM

Sep 2014
This episode was great. It was nice to see Izuku showing that he no longer fears Katsuki. Although, im hoping Izuku gains better control over his power soon.
???

May 16, 2016 4:18 PM

Mar 2016
Ending was meh,but i liked the background story,it really got me thinking...: bakugou basically hates izuku cause no matter how good his quirk and one on one fight skills are,he'll never be a better person than izuku,and he knows and hates that.
SVL3MMay 16, 2016 4:23 PM
May 17, 2016 4:54 AM

Jun 2013
I hate Katch-ass. I really wouldn't care if he died or got severely injured from this point on. He's an over-the-top asshole. I wouldn't be surprised either if he turned into a full-on villain after this.

Deku has improved a lot and he's a sweet kid. It's like every other character is an utter jerk save for Uraraka, All Might, Deku's mom and perhaps Iida.
臭い-
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

436 by His0kaDevv »»
Apr 11, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

403 by Esu_Kei »»
Apr 10, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

332 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 21, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

276 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 18, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

294 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 16, 8:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.