Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 51 52 [53] 54 55 » ... Last »
Jul 20, 2016 10:29 PM

Apr 2011
Since I haven't seen some of these answered yet, I'll try.

Cosmos said:
Does Gunslinger Girl work for watch an anime with mainly kids as the cast? I think it does, but I want to make sure.

Gunslinger Girl doesn't work, since at least a couple of the girls are older than 12, which is the cutoff age for this challenge. I can recommend you Dennou Coil, it's what I used for this challenge and none of the mains are older than 12.

SunflowerDaisho said:
For, "Watch an anime that has been adapted to live action," does the live action adaptation have to have aired after the anime? If a novel series has been adapted into a live action TV drama, a live action movie, and an anime, does it matter that the anime is the most recent adaptation?

IIRC, I think I read here once that the live action should be based on the anime and cover the same events, so I think the anime has to have come first, but I'm not 100% sure about this.

Now for a question of my own.
If I start the challenge for a second time, can I use anime that I watched before finishing my first challenge if I didn't use them yet or do I have to use only anime from after when i turned in the first challenge?
Jul 22, 2016 2:59 AM

May 2016
Hi everyone!
Would you please be so kind as to give a recommendation? (pref.: slice of life/romance/fantasy/adventure)
If it is something you reeeeally like and want to share it with other people, I am willing to give it a try :)
Jul 22, 2016 11:58 AM

May 2010
windmillness said:
Hi everyone!
Would you please be so kind as to give a recommendation? (pref.: slice of life/romance/fantasy/adventure)
If it is something you reeeeally like and want to share it with other people, I am willing to give it a try :)

I can never decide so I'll just give you a bunch of some series I've enjoyed :D

SoL:
Fruits Basket (shoujo with supernatural element)
Hibike! Euphonium
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
Kimi to Boku (some romance involved)
Paradise Kiss
Bakuman (if you enjoy longer series)
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu

Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic (adventure)

Also, Kanon and Clannad are a must-watch for everyone.
Jul 22, 2016 12:14 PM

May 2016
@Kitsu-nee, thanks a lot! I will choose wisely :)
Jul 22, 2016 12:52 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
bdsbff said:
Can someone give me a recommendation for the challenge? I'd prefer something 13 or less episodes, or even a movie. My list

flare43 said:
bdsbff said:
Can someone give me a recommendation for the challenge? I'd prefer something 13 or less episodes, or even a movie. My list
I'd recommend Ajin. I thought it genuinely interesting - mostly because I haven't seen an anime with the same type of non-human character.

please use the corresponding thread
-----------------------------------------------------------

BACONator1313 said:
I just want to know if Kud from Little Busters counts as "not Japanese"?

I know she is still a quarter Japanese, but she is 3 quarters Russian.
I guess it matters based on whether the purpose of the challenge is to find an anime that takes place outside of Japan or at least includes more "worldly" characters, or if it is just about finding some merely exotic characters inside an already very Japan centered medium.

yes, she wasn't born in Japan

KMH said:
SunflowerDaisho said:
For, "Watch an anime that has been adapted to live action," does the live action adaptation have to have aired after the anime? If a novel series has been adapted into a live action TV drama, a live action movie, and an anime, does it matter that the anime is the most recent adaptation?

IIRC, I think I read here once that the live action should be based on the anime and cover the same events, so I think the anime has to have come first, but I'm not 100% sure about this.

Now for a question of my own.
If I start the challenge for a second time, can I use anime that I watched before finishing my first challenge if I didn't use them yet or do I have to use only anime from after when i turned in the first challenge?

@KMH as long as you didn't use them for the first challenge it's okay
@SunflowerDaisho that answer, as long as it's the same story (or over 90%) it works

@virtual_core thanks for the banners! will add them~
SheyCroixJul 22, 2016 1:08 PM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jul 22, 2016 12:56 PM
May 2015
SheyCroix said:
bdsbff said:

flare43 said:
I'd recommend Ajin. I thought it genuinely interesting - mostly because I haven't seen an anime with the same type of non-human character.

please use the corresponding thread

Definitely overlooked/didn't see this thread. Sorry, and thank you for the redirection!
I'm having a fun time with the challenge!
Roses are red

violets are blue.

Omae Wa

Mou shindeiru
Jul 23, 2016 2:36 AM

Dec 2014
Hey guys, could I get some recommendations for the last category I have left? I watched something that I thought would fit, but after I finished it, I realized that it really didn't.

» Watch an anime that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship

I would greatly prefer a 1-cour anime, but otherwise I don't care what it is as long as it focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship.

Jul 23, 2016 2:44 AM
Apr 2015
hello guys i need help

» Watch an anime with children as the main cast

Looking for anime with 12 episodes
this can't be a movie
and please only children under 12
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 23, 2016 2:42 PM

Jun 2015
zioomxD said:
hello guys i need help

» Watch an anime with children as the main cast

Looking for anime with 12 episodes
this can't be a movie
and please only children under 12
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Magical girl lyrical Nanoha :P I guess that works
Jul 23, 2016 2:52 PM

May 2016
TwilightAmory said:
Hey guys, could I get some recommendations for the last category I have left? I watched something that I thought would fit, but after I finished it, I realized that it really didn't.

I would greatly prefer a 1-cour anime, but otherwise I don't care what it is as long as it focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship.

Sukitte Ii na yo. fits this criteria. I would describe this anime as calm/mild/slow-paced.
Actually, Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji might also do, but I personally did not enjoy it much :(
Jul 23, 2016 3:02 PM

Dec 2014
windmillness said:
TwilightAmory said:

Sukitte Ii na yo. fits this criteria. I would describe this anime as calm/mild/slow-paced.
Actually, Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji might also do, but I personally did not enjoy it much :(

Both seem pretty enjoyable, and I do plan to complete the challenge twice, so I'll watch them both. Sukitte Ii na yo seems like I'd like it better, so I'll watch it first. Thanks!

Jul 26, 2016 5:35 AM

Nov 2013
Can someone recommend me a historical anime?
Jul 27, 2016 4:58 AM

May 2012
I have a quick question: If you've been following this years long airing anime and it's ends within the challenge period, can you enter it?
Best boys <3

Jul 27, 2016 6:11 PM

Sep 2014
Sigi-san said:
I have a quick question: If you've been following this years long airing anime and it's ends within the challenge period, can you enter it?

Provided that you both started and finish it in 2016, you can use it
Jul 28, 2016 12:06 AM

Jan 2013
Kasey said:
Could anyone recommend me an anime? Any genre is fine, except for horror and thriller. A 12 episode anime would also be nice.
Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis ? ////////////
Jul 28, 2016 1:31 AM

May 2016
Is it too late to join the challenge? :P

Jul 28, 2016 1:39 AM

Jan 2013
Fallium said:
Is it too late to join the challenge? :P
No, you can join as late as you want as long as you finish the challenge by the end of the year.
Jul 28, 2016 3:21 AM

Jul 2016
SheyCroix said:
Easy: 20 items

wtf 20 is easy? i think i'll start with 2 for now...

rip my attention span
Jul 28, 2016 12:11 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Ankhr said:
wtf 20 is easy? i think i'll start with 2 for now...

rip my attention span

Considering the challenge period is a year, yes, quite easy

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jul 29, 2016 2:28 AM

Jan 2008
Eraldo said:
Can someone recommend me a historical anime?

I would recommend Baccano
If you don't like it I'll be happy to suggest another. :)
I hope you have a lovely day ♥ヾ(๑❛ ▿ ◠๑ )
Jul 29, 2016 6:06 PM

Sep 2014
Haruhi said:
Hi, I need an anime for the recommendation challenge. Preferably 1-cour, any genre is fine.

Go for Barakamon then. It's already on your ptw.
Jul 29, 2016 6:08 PM

Dec 2015
Anime watching challenge: Watch Mar's of destruction and rate 10/10
Jul 30, 2016 4:11 AM

Jan 2008
Hi, I was wondering if I could use the anime Non Non Biyori for the challenge "Watch an anime with childeren as the main cast".
Jul 30, 2016 8:50 AM

Sep 2014
chocolateparody said:
Hi, I was wondering if I could use the anime Non Non Biyori for the challenge "Watch an anime with childeren as the main cast".

People seem to cut the edges with this challenge... I would say yes, although one of the main characters is in the seventh's grade. This could mean she is already 13/14 which, according to people here, is really borderline for being a child.
Jul 30, 2016 11:52 AM

Jan 2008
Miragee said:
chocolateparody said:

People seem to cut the edges with this challenge... I would say yes, although one of the main characters is in the seventh's grade. This could mean she is already 13/14 which, according to people here, is really borderline for being a child.

Oh thankfully! Yeah I originally was searching for a series of about 12 episodes with the main characters being 10 or younger, but I didn't succeed in finding any that I thought I would like.

Just curious for next year, could you maybe recommend me such a show if you know any? :)
Jul 30, 2016 3:47 PM

Sep 2014
chocolateparody said:
Miragee said:

Oh thankfully! Yeah I originally was searching for a series of about 12 episodes with the main characters being 10 or younger, but I didn't succeed in finding any that I thought I would like.

Just curious for next year, could you maybe recommend me such a show if you know any? :)

Not really... Pokemon apparently. You have already watched the few other show I could think of.
Jul 30, 2016 5:22 PM

Mar 2013
Sigi-san said:

If something is airing at the end of the year,you can use it as long as you are caught up with the most recent episode.
Jul 31, 2016 4:06 AM

Jan 2014
Question:I had watched the first 1 or 2 eps of an anime before but I rewatched and completed the entire anime this year, so does it count for the challenge?
Jul 31, 2016 5:57 AM

Aug 2015
Transience said:
Question:I had watched the first 1 or 2 eps of an anime before but I rewatched and completed the entire anime this year, so does it count for the challenge?

Since you re-watched the entire series this year, I would say it does count for the challenge.
Jul 31, 2016 6:32 AM

Apr 2016
Haruhi said:
Hi, I need an anime for the recommendation challenge. Preferably 1-cour, any genre is fine.

Psycho Pass. Genres: Action, Police, Psychological, Sci-Fi
Hachimitsu to Clover. Genres: Comedy, Drama, Josei, Romance
Jul 31, 2016 4:04 PM

Aug 2007
I thought I was done but I just noticed the caveat that characters should be human for the non-Japanese entry. I was going with Devil May Cry but Dante is half-demon so I'm unsure if it qualifies. Can anyone clear that up?
Jul 31, 2016 4:16 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
chitochito said:
Oops, I just made a double post here. I apologize if I break the posting rule.

You can edit and delete your own post you know ;D

Nocturnal said:
I thought I was done but I just noticed the caveat that characters should be human for the non-Japanese entry. I was going with Devil May Cry but Dante is half-demon so I'm unsure if it qualifies. Can anyone clear that up?

It would be less troublesome if you go with something else :3

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jul 31, 2016 5:22 PM

Aug 2007
Damn, I was ready to submit the turn-in form and all.

Okay, how about the sequel of Kin-iro Mosaic? Does the foreign girl count as the main?

Or alternatively, do we consider Ciel as the main of the Black Butler franchise?
Jul 31, 2016 5:28 PM

Aug 2013
Nocturnal said:
Damn, I was ready to submit the turn-in form and all.

Okay, how about the sequel of Kin-iro Mosaic? Does the foreign girl count as the main?

Or alternatively, do we consider Ciel as the main of the Black Butler franchise?

Normally they're main if the mal anime's character page state them as such
Jul 31, 2016 5:31 PM

Jul 2015
So I just saw the sign up thread for first time, and I'm a bit confused about joining in.

Does every anime that I watched this 2016 count for the challenge? If yes, the thing is that how can I confirm that I watched them this year?, the start/finished date thing of the MAL list only has 3 anime listed with the day I finished them (and all of them are from last year so they don't count).

Also there is this challenge:

» Watch an anime that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long

I don't use the PTW part, can I use one that I had in my mind to watch for some time?
Aug 1, 2016 1:41 AM

Sep 2014
MetaThPr4h said:
So I just saw the sign up thread for first time, and I'm a bit confused about joining in.

Does every anime that I watched this 2016 count for the challenge? If yes, the thing is that how can I confirm that I watched them this year?, the start/finished date thing of the MAL list only has 3 anime listed with the day I finished them (and all of them are from last year so they don't count).

Also there is this challenge:

» Watch an anime that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long

I don't use the PTW part, can I use one that I had in my mind to watch for some time?

1. You can use every series you started in 2016 and finished in 2016.

2.. If you go to your list you can click the little "edit" button behind the series title. You can enter a start and finish date there. Usually when you update a series which sets it to "watch" and "complete" it will enter a start and finish date automatically. Since you can just enter whatever date, that doesn't really count as proof though. You don't need one. This is the nature of MAL.

3. I would say yes.
Aug 1, 2016 12:37 PM

Jun 2015
I've been circling the globe to find an anime that I would like for this...

Does Little Witch Academia work for watch an anime with the main cast as kids???

Also can someone recommend me a movie that's about this blonde loli vampire and it's split into three parts? I believe the vampire needed the MC's blood in order to regenerate but couldn't barely do it. Now, they're trying to find her limbs, so she can fully form her final transformation. This movie is also part of a long running series and is the last one in the series.
CosmosAug 1, 2016 12:43 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2016 3:38 PM

Sep 2014
A question: What is "mainly" one gender? Say, if the main cast consists of one female and four male characters, does it count as mainly male characters? What's the number to determine?

Cosmos said:

Does Little Witch Academia work for watch an anime with the main cast as kids???

Also can someone recommend me a movie that's about this blonde loli vampire and it's split into three parts? I believe the vampire needed the MC's blood in order to regenerate but couldn't barely do it. Now, they're trying to find her limbs, so she can fully form her final transformation. This movie is also part of a long running series and is the last one in the series.

1. Dunno...

2. Really? I dunno if that counts as recommendation if you ask specifically for one movie... It destroys the purpose of the challenge. You can narrow the options but the anime should still be picked by someone else but you. Just watch Kizumonogatari on your own if you want to?
Aug 1, 2016 3:42 PM

Jun 2015
Miragee said:
A question: What is "mainly" one gender? Say, if the main cast consists of one female and four male characters, does it count as mainly male characters? What's the number to determine?

Cosmos said:

1. Dunno...

2. Really? I dunno if that counts as recommendation if you ask specifically for one movie... It destroys the purpose of the challenge. You can narrow the options but the anime should still be picked by someone else but you. Just watch Kizumonogatari on your own if you want to?
Miragee said:

Cosmos said:

1. Dunno...

I can't help but try :p in some ways it's funny that I thought someone would catch on my hints of what I want someone to recommend for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2016 11:22 PM

Jan 2013
Miragee said:
I think that would count.

I haven't seen anyone say anything about this, but I would think anything with 75% of one gender would be enough. (For example three male characters, one female.) But of course I can't promise this answer to be sufficient.

I personally played it safe by choosing an anime with the main cast of only one gender.
Aug 2, 2016 1:14 AM

Sep 2014
Cosmos said:
Miragee said:

1. Dunno...

Miragee said:

1. Dunno...

I can't help but try :p in some ways it's funny that I thought someone would catch on my hints of what I want someone to recommend for me.
aifukola said:
Miragee said:
I think that would count.

I haven't seen anyone say anything about this, but I would think anything with 75% of one gender would be enough. (For example three male characters, one female.) But of course I can't promise this answer to be sufficient.

I personally played it safe by choosing an anime with the main cast of only one gender.

Thank you two. Yeah, I was planning to watch Nichi-bros for that challenge but atm. I would rather watch Lupin III instead. It has one woman as main though (out of 5), that's why I asked.
Aug 2, 2016 6:15 AM

Jun 2010
Can someone give me a few recommendations to choose from? Preferably something short like an OVA or a movie but a 1-cour show is fine too. Any genre is fine. Thanks!
Aug 2, 2016 9:09 AM

Jul 2014
Catexia said:
Can someone give me a few recommendations to choose from? Preferably something short like an OVA or a movie but a 1-cour show is fine too. Any genre is fine. Thanks!

Sakasama no Patema
Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
Project A-Ko
Bakemono no Ko
Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda.
Harmony
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru
Aug 2, 2016 9:51 AM

Jun 2010
mozgow said:
Catexia said:

Sakasama no Patema
Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
Project A-Ko
Bakemono no Ko
Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda.
Harmony
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru

Nice, those look great. I was already planning on watching Sakasama no Patema so I think I'll pick that. Thank you!
Aug 4, 2016 6:11 AM

May 2012
So when you say "watch an anime" does that include OVAs and movies? I've been avoiding putting OVAs and movies on my list exept the entries that call for them since I didn't know if they would count in the other entries.. So, do they count or do you have to find an anime with at least 12 eps?
Best boys <3

Aug 4, 2016 6:16 AM

Dec 2008
Sigi-san said:
So when you say "watch an anime" does that include OVAs and movies? I've been avoiding putting OVAs and movies on my list exept the entries that call for them since I didn't know if they would count in the other entries.. So, do they count or do you have to find an anime with at least 12 eps?
The OVAs and movies also count as "watch an anime" and can be included for many of the challenges, so long as the challenge does not state a specific amount of episodes or cours to complete it. I have a few OVAs and movies included in my challenge completion list.
Aug 4, 2016 5:20 PM

Jun 2015
How recent must "recently reviewed" be?
Aug 4, 2016 11:41 PM

Jan 2008
What colour would y'all say this dudes hair is?

@TrashDax I'd use something from the first page or ones that were out in the last 24 hours or so.~
Aug 5, 2016 12:22 AM
Mar 2016
What if my generated random word doesn't have an anime with that word?
Aug 5, 2016 4:23 AM

Jun 2015
Rojo said:
What colour would y'all say this dudes hair is?

@TrashDax I'd use something from the first page or ones that were out in the last 24 hours or so.~

Uhm...purple?

Crap, I hoped two days ago would count as well. Gotta put Angel Beats somewhere else then. :/

XxoprulxX said:
What if my generated random word doesn't have an anime with that word?

I'd say generate a new one.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 51 52 [53] 54 55 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 6 hours ago

22 by nishant0 »»
3 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts.

Pinoffin - Today

48 by alshu »»
3 minutes ago

» Would you be surprised if someone said your favorite anime was the greatest anime of all time? ( 1 2 )

MeanMrMusician - Mar 28

56 by alshu »»
10 minutes ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

58 by bucciest »»
11 minutes ago

» When was the last time you felt happy/satisfied after watching an anime episode? :)

Rinrinka - Mar 27

15 by bucciest »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.