Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 28, 2010 11:09 PM

Jan 2009
Best One Piece movie? Yes. Is that saying a lot? Well not quite, but it was still a lot of fun. This movie reminded me a lot of the Arlong Arc in the fact that it wasn't plot driven, but character driven, and that is one of Oda's strongest suits and it shows well in this movie. A lot of nicely done built up character drama and interaction.

One thing that pissed me off about this movie? Horrible fights. Luffy's was nice and well done but everything else was really short and to be honest boring? Zoro's fight with the doctor, yeah it had nice animation but it lasted less then a minute. Same with Sanji's, did not live up to what I wanted it to.

But alas this movie gets a 10/10 from just because of Robin in glasses, that was so fucking awesome.
Jul 29, 2010 1:43 AM

Jul 2008
This movie... EPIC!!
I like their outfits.. They should change more often <3
I had man tears at the last scene. T^T
Was this was the only time Franky wore pants? XD
This movie would seem 100 times better if I watched it in theaters... and new Japanese.
Which reminds me, wouldn't the anime series be 100 times better if the animation was like that of it's movies? But oh well..
Jul 29, 2010 2:53 AM

Jul 2008
This movie had absolutely none of the intense atmosphere that the first trailer of it had. Im pretty disappointed.
Three Thousand Realms in a Single Moment
Jul 29, 2010 6:06 AM

Nov 2007
This is what's hard when you watch trailers. I really throttled my expectations to the highest level and ended up getting disappointed. It's not this movie's fault. It's mine for raising my expectations high(having to wait for it for tons of months).

Thank you strong world for being a catalyst for me to watch one piece.

9/10
Jul 29, 2010 11:43 AM

Aug 2009
it was really good. Strawhat pirates were badass as mafias. I liked everything besides the flying people at the end. Thunder bird was pretty cool too.
Jul 29, 2010 1:59 PM

Dec 2007
I'll remember it forever as my 500th completed anime.
Jul 29, 2010 2:15 PM

Jun 2009
Wait...he didn't transmit electricity by his rubber-foot at the final scene, did he? That was kinda disappointing, does anybody got an explanation for it?
Jul 29, 2010 2:45 PM

May 2008
nami made the ovie worth it
Jul 31, 2010 10:25 AM

Feb 2010
Was pretty good. I liked it, though the hype around it kinda got expectations a LITTLE too high haha. Other than the hype it was a good and solid movie.
Jul 31, 2010 3:30 PM

Jun 2007
The story wasn't anything special. I don't watch One Piece movies for that. I watch them for the great animation fun characters and fuck yea! moments. This movie delivered on all of those things.
Seriously, this movie especially the girls looked great. And Shiki was a pretty neat villain. I hope he gets addressed some more later on in the series.
Aug 1, 2010 2:08 PM

Jun 2007
enchugo said:
Hmm.. I'm a little bit disappointed with Shiki. After all, didn't he fought Sengoku and Garp and their fight destroyed half of Marineford? So that says a lot regarding his strength. I expected he's on the same level as the Yonkou or the Shichibukais or even stronger than them.

Still, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie despite everything. Btw, whatever happened to Biri? They didn't gave a proper ending for that creature despite being a huge help to Nami and the final fight against Shiki.

Shiki made the same mistake a lot of One Piece badguys make. Underestimating Luffy.
He did not see that Gear third attack, powered by the entire force of a storm coming.
The fact that he managed to survive that attack speaks volumes of his strength. Luffy was also really lucky Nami send the islands into that storm cause without it, he wouldn't have been able to win.

I do kinda wonder about Biri though. I expect they went with the typical, Even though I'm a X I want to become a great pirate as well solution.
Aug 1, 2010 3:50 PM

Apr 2007
I found the movie to be disappointing story wise, but the animation and emotional moments were glorious. Plus Robin looked so sexy in the green and formal outfit <3 I'm also glad that Brook saved her before she fell to the ground. Sanji didn't deserve to after he made her fly like that just because he was trying to look cool D:<

I didn't really care for Shiki and his little group, they tried way too hard to be funny. Only Dr. Indigo managed to make me laugh. I love his shoes :D
MonochromeAug 1, 2010 3:55 PM
Aug 1, 2010 5:03 PM

Dec 2007
I wonder if I'm the only one who is fed up with the females of the group in shounen anime getting kidnapped/forced-to-join-the-enemy-against-their-will. It's already happened in One Piece in Enies Lobby with Robin as well as Nami in Thriller Bark. It happened to Nami twice in this movie. Granted, the first time she was able to escape with her bikini powers, but I'm still fed up with the whole concept.

Anyway, let me just say that the "Giant Thor Axe" makes absolutely zero sense. It has already been established in Skypiea with the battle against Enel that lightning does absolutely nothing against Luffy. Rubber is, after all, an insulator. It cannot carry an electric current. Therefore Luffy raising his giant leg into the sky to receive a lightning strike does absolutely nothing. It was 100% retarded and defied an already established fact from back in Skypiea.

Let me also say that Shiki had Luffy entrapped in a water prison. Luffy could do absolutely nothing. He was surrounded by water and floating in the air. He could have easily died if Shiki would have just left him in there. So why the crap did Shiki break apart the water prison? It made absolutely no sense.

This movie was not the worst movie, but it is not a good movie.

6/10
Aug 1, 2010 5:57 PM

Sep 2008
disapointment, but not bad at all. I just expected much more. Great animation but the characters and especially the enemies sucked.

8/10
Aug 1, 2010 6:30 PM

Jan 2008
Meddigo said:
Let me also say that Shiki had Luffy entrapped in a water prison. Luffy could do absolutely nothing. He was surrounded by water and floating in the air. He could have easily died if Shiki would have just left him in there. So why the crap did Shiki break apart the water prison? It made absolutely no sense.

Notice Luffy "swimming" when he went to 'help' Biri dodge the attack from Shiki while in the water?

Anyways, I enjoyed the movie, don't have much to say other than whats already been said.

Also, I'm glad they finally decided to drop the breast sizes for the girls, they were getting way too big each movie.
Aug 2, 2010 9:42 AM

Jun 2009
Meddigo said:
Anyway, let me just say that the "Giant Thor Axe" makes absolutely zero sense. It has already been established in Skypiea with the battle against Enel that lightning does absolutely nothing against Luffy. Rubber is, after all, an insulator. It cannot carry an electric current. Therefore Luffy raising his giant leg into the sky to receive a lightning strike does absolutely nothing. It was 100% retarded and defied an already established fact from back in Skypiea.

So true. I wonder why nobody else notices this.
Aug 4, 2010 4:55 PM

Jul 2009
So in the end, did Luffy actually heard the lasts words of the recording? Cuz they were screaming and stuff like tat...

ANYWAYS!, OP is just THE BEST no matter HOW u kook at it! The best part of the movie was the end when they were fightin for the recorder and the COOLEST PART was DEFENETLY when Luffy's gang barge in Shiki's Palace!!!!!
XD . XD . XD . XD . XD / XD . XD . XD . XD . XD
Aug 5, 2010 6:52 AM

Apr 2008
For a One Piece movie, i'd say this movie's pretty impressive, compared to the previous 9 others. Solid animation with a not amazing but at least decent storyline. Fights were indeed short considering Shiki was the only powerful fighter among the entire crew lol.

Honestly just knowing Luffy is immune to electricity is good enough for me. I have no idea what kind of "sense" are you expecting from One Piece. It was also established in Skypiea that when Enel shocked Luffy with lightning, Luffy's entire body was filled with electricity, although Luffy couldn't feel a thing. The only thing Skypiea proved was that lightning attacks dealt no damage to Luffy, and doesn't mean Luffy can't do electric-based attacks.

Anyway 10/10 just because of Nami my fav char and Robin. Robin's outfit throughout the entire movie looks freaking amazing, especially (OMG) glasses.
Aug 5, 2010 12:05 PM

Aug 2007
I good movie but the final fight had some flaws.
Aug 6, 2010 5:46 AM

Apr 2009
not bad. i'm pretty impressed.
9/10 for me, but the ranking shouldn't be at the top 30.
Aug 7, 2010 11:53 PM

Aug 2009
Well... it was surprisingly average. Definitely enjoyable, but I still say 9th film, 'episode of chopper, miracle sakura' was best among all. True masterpiece storytelling of Oda. (I watched it three times, and cried 6 times total.)

The thing that I wasn't amused was, Shiki as his villain role. It was shallow and poorly executed. However, Brook was excellent. He is too funny, and strong as well. I always love his moves.

8/10
ringoo4Aug 7, 2010 11:56 PM
Aug 8, 2010 2:19 AM

Dec 2009
I believe this movie was amazing ^.^

I just loved robins out fit! and the opening scene with her, franky and brooke was just perfect! i also loved zoro, and that little kid <3 but i already loved zoro in the first place....

i give this movie a 9/10. woulda been a 10/10, if they hadn't been smashed by shiki and his giant pole thing :/ i was having flash backs from a previous op movie, the one with the holiday island and the mustach gye? and then they all except for luffy were in that tree thing. oh i cant remember exactly. any who, i expected them to be stronger. But i gues my expectations are to high n.n'
Bi-buAug 10, 2010 4:03 AM
Aug 11, 2010 10:33 AM

Feb 2009
Average movie. I expected more from the story since it was written by Oda.
Aug 12, 2010 2:25 AM

Jan 2009
i thought the movie was badass! the quality in the animation and art was incredible and the soundtrack was diverse and suited each situation. after i saw luffy in gear second i almost died. and the humor in the movies was great, shiki and his 2 subordinates dancing was just hilarious!

the film's not entirely perfect though, i felt that robin was severely underused and barely got enough screen time and shiki's subordinates didn't really come across as strong people. but overall i liked it a lot.
Aug 12, 2010 8:45 AM

Jun 2008
Ok, the scene where they were all dressed up and luffy had a cape and then they started shooting down everyone with giant guns, WAS THE MOST BADASS MOMENT IN ALL OF OP. IT WAS TOOOOOOOOOO AMAZINGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.:When life gives you lemons, give them back and ask for strawberries instead:.
Aug 13, 2010 6:24 AM

Aug 2008
What an Awesome Movie. Good Story and Great Animations. Especially the Opening Scenes and the hole Part in the Main HQ were my Favorite Parts.

Ok I There were some logical holes but thats something you can overlook when you watch an Anime.

But all in all for the Movie 10/10
Aug 20, 2010 8:20 PM
Jun 2008
Best One Piece movie so far, it was fun and very enjoyable to watch. :)
Aug 29, 2010 8:20 AM
Jul 2018
XMURADX said:
Best One Piece movie so far, it was fun and very enjoyable to watch. :)

This
this was awesome, will rewatch it today xD
Aug 29, 2010 10:00 AM

Aug 2008
The real dvd/bd raws are out, now it will actually be watchable (I know SAMPLE shouldn't bother me that much... but it does.)
Aug 31, 2010 10:44 AM

Aug 2008
This is the first One Piece movie I've watched, so I can't really compare it to anything else. But I was definitely entertained. Oda has a real talent for designing some wild creatures and he really came through here. As soon as I saw Biri and Luffy meet I thought they would make a great team. Lo and behold they team up for the final battle. Really enjoyed this.

Plus all the Nami fanservice was nice, too. >;-)
Sep 1, 2010 3:59 PM
Jan 2008
Especially how current's arc is focusing luffy alone without his crew. This movie's blu ray's subbed really came out best time.

Best one piece movie by far.
Sep 3, 2010 2:33 PM

May 2008
Loved it, the best OP movie indeed. It was awsome, the animation was over the top.
Epic ~
Sep 5, 2010 2:53 PM
Jun 2007
Wow, I knew I shouldn't have expected much from a movie that's branched off of long running shonen series, but not only was this movie disappointing, it completely bombed. Aside from the superb animation sequences everything else sucked. 3/10 was my initial rating but since the animation was top-notch I'm gonna bump it up to a 4/10.
Sep 7, 2010 3:01 PM

Jun 2008
S'pose Nami ate the Slut-Slut Fruit or something?

Mixed feelings with this one. It's One Piece alright but umm... I felt like watching a Naruto movie. All that was missing was raseng... oh never mind.

Meh whatever, Robin's stupid hot outfit makes up for anything.
- TAH

"Even those with fortitude have joints."
Sep 12, 2010 12:38 PM

Oct 2009
The movie was better than I expected. Mostly fun to follow and it was really great to see the crew together)).

PS the 'Giant Thor' thing is very Gurren Lagannish.
Sep 15, 2010 6:39 PM

Aug 2008
The best part of this movie is Robin wearing nothing but a sweater and glasses for the first half.
Sep 17, 2010 10:42 PM
Jun 2009
babler said:
The best part of this movie is Robin wearing nothing but a sweater and glasses for the first half.

agreed
Sep 18, 2010 6:56 PM
Nov 2009
roflshanks said:
babler said:

agreed

are there any dvd versions with subs yet that you can download?
Sep 22, 2010 1:45 PM

Nov 2009

Just one nice AMV for Strong World :P
Oct 3, 2010 10:54 AM

Apr 2009
Whitebeard Ace Shanks at the end awesome :D

still average movie..

movie 4 was more exciting..

oh well awesome animation
Oct 15, 2010 4:45 PM

Dec 2007
I loved this. Just got back from watching it at the Scotland Loves Animation festival in Edinburgh. It felt like One piece, and i loved the storyline. Animation was superb and again, it adds more to my love of One piece. Now all i need to do is buy the BD/DVD from japan....
Oct 21, 2010 2:50 AM
Jan 2009
Animation and design were excellent.
A long and enjoyable movie,although I did feel that the fight scenes in the end were rushed.

This was good but I don't want anymore Nami rescue movies.Made me feel like I was watching Bleach.
Oct 25, 2010 8:35 AM

Feb 2008
loved the movie, animation was awesome. Wish we could see this kind of animation in the anime series. Also, was it i just me, or were there lots of implications for a nami + luffy relationship?
Nov 24, 2010 3:08 PM
Nov 2009
The animation was top notch, really enjoyed this movie :)
Dec 11, 2010 1:47 AM
Jun 2008
Ukyo9 said:
Actually, quite a bad movie. I'm stunned that this is a story by Oda. I suppose he had very little decisional power over this one because I don't know how else to justify all this mess.

What is this film? Simple: it's absolutely the same as all the other shounen-movie out there. You know the problems of those kinds of movies. You need to put an all long arc in 1.30-2hrs, so it's all so rushed. Maybe you'd think that being Shiki a character related to Roger would make him an intresting guy. Of course not. He is your absolutely transparent villain with no personality that comes, kidnaps a random crew member (never seen that before!), beats our heroes and then gets beaten in return. End of the story. They really needed Oda to pull out this shit?

From a tecnical standpoint, the movie also doesn't impress. Bad QUALITY everywhere with disproportioned characters, bad animations and intrusive CG. There's a couple of nice animated scenes near the end but that's all.

5/10, try harder.

uhm maybe not the best story out there, but its still very enjoyable.

And bad quality? awesome and epic is what i remember of the quality.

You shouldnt look too much to the details if you want to enjoy something... Well too bad for you that you didnt like it
Jan 8, 2011 9:46 AM

Dec 2007
Finally, a One Piece film that tops movie 4. This one's got it all. Fantastic animation, a glorious soundtrack, inventive animals/villains/Devil Fruit powers (what else do I expect from the mind of Oda himself), and Nami's the lead. That shot of her sliding on her short-shorts alone almost makes this film a 10-worthy.

The Straw Hat Pirates were amazingly badass in this film, especially in the mafia-styled shootout near the end. Never thought I'd see Zoro wield a bazooka though.

Best One Piece film yet. I can't even imagine how movie 11 could hope to top this. Then again, maybe it won't try to and will just aim to be a fun ride along the lines of movies 1, 2, 4-7, and 10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2011 5:06 PM

Jan 2009
Wait, was Brook smoking up in the beginning? Oh god, that explains A LOT. XD

Everyone looked so smexy in their formal wear~

Animation was gorgeous, although the story was kinda eh. My mind kind of started drifting off halfway through. Overall it was still a fairly enjoyable movie.
Mar 11, 2011 11:31 AM
Jul 2010
Very very annoying... It seems Oda was just trying to fill in as much of the stereotypes of the main characters and sticking their signature moves in just for the sake of it.
Mar 18, 2011 5:09 AM
May 2009
Bloody Love Luffy when he Shouts at the top of his lungs, I swear the anger he potrays is just brilliant and still stirs the heart.
Mar 27, 2011 5:13 PM

May 2008
The quality of the art was jaw-dropping.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» prequel or movie?

DerpySven - Sep 21, 2023

3 by SonikTonik »»
Sep 21, 2023 3:17 PM

» Is it necessary?

-Nir- - Jul 8, 2022

14 by davidyodo24 »»
Jul 27, 2023 1:39 AM

» Luffy x nami

paeanblotch - Jul 16, 2023

10 by paeanblotch »»
Jul 21, 2023 12:40 AM

» Here's an interesting thing to talk about

ShiroKokoni - Nov 13, 2022

0 by ShiroKokoni »»
Nov 13, 2022 2:21 AM

» onepiece movie strong world

evilantman - Jun 6, 2010

10 by AnimeAlex62 »»
Nov 24, 2020 5:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.