Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 7, 2015 3:01 AM
Dec 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
One Piece already is. DBZ at its peak is nowhere near OP.

lmfaooo I cant with you delusional OP stans

I bet you weren't even born when DBZ was at its peak so you have no idea what sort of groundbreaking dominance that was

DrGeroCreation said:
The Dragon Ball manga had higher manga sales but One Piece surpassed it because the Dragon Ball manga has been finished for years. If the manga was still ungoing I could see it surpassing One Piece. Sazae san is only popular in Japan. People only bring up manga sales but I bring up everything for worldwide popularity tv sales, video game sales etc.

you tell 'em!

Isterio said:
When the Government of Japan deems the series a national treasure and gives it his own day. May the 9th is officially recognized as Goku day, referencing Dragon Ball.

No other series reached that amount of recognition One Piece maybe will, the end.

As for impact, people could argue about Miyazaki or Gundamn,yet none of those got a special day dedicated to them though the goverment, neither are they as widely known on a global scale or produce the same amouns of Merchandise.

Dragon Ball is the Star wars of Japan,like it or hate it, it´s part of global culture now, other series with Tv ratings in the 50s aren´t recongnizeable like this.

Now...isnt this the true?

When will Luffy get his own day? When??
And your comparison with Star Wars is on point.
Too bad these One Piece fanboys are to blinded to realize that their fave series will never surprass DBZ...poor them. Lemme pray for a second
Sep 7, 2015 3:02 AM

Aug 2013
RedRoseFring said:

Even then, people born nowadays and the newer generation are not nearly as enthralled with it.

Kai (which is mainly just a shortened version of DBZ) has since it's debut to it's end been in the top 10 tv rankings in Japan and has done well in tv ratings on Nicktoons, the Cw's Vortex and currently on Toonami. Kai's popularity on Nicktoons and the Vortex showed how it's even popular among the new generation.

http://corp.toei-anim.co.jp/english/press/2010/06/_gets_off_to_a_good_start_on_n.html
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=131068
Sep 7, 2015 3:03 AM
Dec 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
Pokemon is more popular worldwide but One Piece will never surpass DBZ worldwide.

DrGeroCreation said:

All the countries in green DBZ has been broadcasted in.

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2012/09/dragon-ball-z-2013-movie-receiving-government-funding/

https://www.thecnl.com/FunimationDec2014Catalog.pdf

"Dragon Ball Z is the number 1 selling anime brand of all time. Over 25 million DVDs and Blurays of the Dragon Ball franchise have been sold in the US." (Source: Nielsen Videoscan)

"Over 15 million videogames of the Dragon Ball franchise have been sold in the US with over 40 million sold worldwide."

"Over 5 billion in Dragon Ball merchandise has been sold worldwide."

LOL even Kai reks One Piece (uncensored Funimation One Piece not 4Kids One Piece) in the Toonami ratings

http://toonami.wikia.com/wiki/Toonami_Ratings

DrGeroCreation said:
RedRoseFring said:

Even then, people born nowadays and the newer generation are not nearly as enthralled with it.

Kai (which is mainly just a shortened version of DBZ) has since it's debut been in the top 10 tv rankings in Japan and has done well in tv ratings on Nicktoons, the Cw's Vortex and currently on Toonami. Kai's popularity on Nicktoons and the Vortex showed how it's even popular among the new generation.

http://corp.toei-anim.co.jp/english/press/2010/06/_gets_off_to_a_good_start_on_n.html
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=131068

serve those asswhooping receipts! *slow clap*
help them see the light
Sep 7, 2015 3:09 AM

Aug 2013
One Piece is more popular than DBZ in Japan but I really don't see how it will become more popular than DBZ worldwide or even in just the west.
Sep 7, 2015 3:15 AM

Mar 2010
DB/Z isn't the best selling manga in the west. At least not in America.
Sep 7, 2015 3:21 AM
Oct 2013
TonyTheme said:

It is Naruto has yet to surpass it.

And no AOT isn´t even near close.
Sep 7, 2015 3:28 AM

Mar 2010
Isterio said:

Nah, Naruto is VIZ Media's best selling manga, and VIZ Media is also DB/Z's publisher.
Sep 7, 2015 3:45 AM

Dec 2014
I'd say DBZ is popular because of nostalgia not because it's a masterpiece. It created the basis for Shonen manga, which is why it's called "legend". In terms of story, There are far better anime of course. One Piece is as successful as DBZ though, no more no less. In terms of popularity worldwide:
dBZ>Naruto>One Piece but in Japan it's DBz=one piece
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2015 3:50 AM
Dec 2013
TonyTheme said:
Isterio said:

Nah, Naruto is VIZ Media's best selling manga, and VIZ Media is also DB/Z's publisher.

receipts?

Clefairiess said:
I'd say DBZ is popular because of nostalgia not because it's a masterpiece. It created the basis for Shonen manga, which is why it's called "legend". In terms of story, There are far better anime of course. One Piece is as successful as DBZ though, no more no less. In terms of popularity worldwide:

this could be true tho
Sep 7, 2015 4:12 AM
Oct 2013
Clefairiess said:

That´s not the sole reason.

Dragon Ball was the first Manga to translated and printed overseas, it´s true that other Anime were published overseas before Dragon Ball, however none of them received such global recognition and legacy.

This is "Heid"

A german folktale that the japanese turned into an Anime during the 70´s. The germans ofc immediately translated it 3 years after it´s initial run.
It´s fairly recongnizeable as an Anime and the series is being rerun till today with decent ratios

So the nostalgia argument doesn´t really apply, neither does the "it was first" argument fit 100%.

They could have picked Jojo´s, Ashita no Joe, or Fist of the North Star and translated them, but they didn´t.

Simply spoken "the survival of the fittest" is what made Dragon ball what it is today. Everyone can argue as much as they want, nature is arbitrary and so is human taste, there are unlimited factors that can mean transcendence or death for a series.

Dragon Ball just was and is the right product during the right time for the right audience with the right competition.

Would it fare better or worse today, with the Moe infested kawai schoolgirl class settings for Anime if it was to be created by a young Akira toriyama today?

What would happen if the Dinosaurs would not have gone extinct?

The question is, is it possible for a series to reach the same amount of appreciation on a global scale?

One Piece surpassed it in Japan, that´s already achieved, so no question.

Yes it is, untill Japan stops creating Anime and Manga it´s a possibility that equals:

(amount of Mangaka+Anime scriptwriters) x new ideas + timing / audience.

That´s the formula to surpass Dragon Ball, now go and make it happen!
IsterioSep 7, 2015 4:18 AM
Sep 7, 2015 6:16 AM
Mar 2011
Mikasa said:
FGAU1912 said:
m final commnet on HxH if you sales cannot bypass total sales of manga that have not been runbing for at lest 20 years then you fail hell osme of them have not benn running for 30 plus year

the sazae san manga fir example

You feel so defeated that you had to repeat it to
Convince yourself.

Come up with evidence.

http://www.mangazenkan.com/ranking/books-circulation.html

Bari Bari densetsu ended in 1991 Kinnikuman has been over for 28 years Sazae sa managa has been over for 41 years

HxH still has not chced them up as of yet
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 7, 2015 6:19 AM
Mar 2011
j0x said:
i got no idea but the future is full of possibilities

DrGeroCreation said:
Pokemon is more popular worldwide but One Piece will never surpass DBZ worldwide.

LOL even Kai reks One Piece (uncensored Funimation One Piece not 4Kids One Piece) in the Toonami ratings

the numbers have spoken

os only us tcv rtaings ocunt now bias mutch
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Sep 7, 2015 6:24 AM

Aug 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
One Piece is more popular than DBZ in Japan but I really don't see how it will become more popular than DBZ worldwide or even in just the west.

That's not true..
NOBODY looks at the TV ratings? DBZ had a lot higher TV ratings.

One Piece will never even reach Bleach's popularity in the west. Let alone Naruto's and DBZ's.

Dragonball is a worldwide phenomenon. One Piece isn't.

TonyTheme said:

It is actually. Naruto and Dragonball manga sales are almost identical. Which cements how Naruto was the next DBZ in the west.

In France they are both 17 million. DB's sales outside of Japan = 73 million, Naruto's = 70 million.
Sep 7, 2015 6:24 AM
Mar 2011
j0x said:
i got no idea but the future is full of possibilities

DrGeroCreation said:

the numbers have spoken

onne reasin i think i mor fare ot use Japanese Tv Ratings is all anime that is prime time netowkr tv anime is shown on netword Tv at prime time

i refuse to use us ratings cause of the fact brodcast times are so fucked up beyond the pail of goood sense

lo prime time anime getting shown at late night is stuid and ot my knwing kai was shown proime time on nickaloen to was iit not

Sep 7, 2015 6:31 AM
May 2009
Maverik said:
In Japan DBZ is far from overshadowing One Piece but worldwide DBZ is more well known.

Pretty much this. Though even now DBZ is slowly fading in the Asian Market. Mainly cause the generation that watched it originally have grown up and are focusing on newer works.
Sep 7, 2015 6:35 AM

Aug 2013
How does comparing DBS and DB movies to the current one piece fair? Of course one piece would be more popular NOW. With a still milked to death running manga and running TV anime. That's ridiculous.

DBZ when it was airing was significantly more popular than One Piece now.
Sep 7, 2015 6:36 AM
Mar 2011
shintai88 said:
Maverik said:
In Japan DBZ is far from overshadowing One Piece but worldwide DBZ is more well known.

Pretty much this. Though even now DBZ is slowly fading in the Asian Market. Mainly cause the generation that watched it originally have grown up and are focusing on newer works.

this says very differnt

Db isnot fading its still top three its

and one piece o hold a world record for biggest selling comic by a single artist

how can you debate that

you cannot i happen to be a fan of most of the top 20 listed mang on that link but fingues are blck and white

Sep 7, 2015 6:43 AM
Mar 2011
EverydayIfight said:
How does comparing DBS and DB movies to the current one piece fair? Of course one piece would be more popular NOW. With a still milked to death running manga and running TV anime. That's ridiculous.

DBZ when it was airing was significantly more popular than One Piece now.

onw way in wtiich db as franchise wil nevr be bypass by any thimg mondern is how iconic the op and end songs are that os a fact Head Cha La for exmaple is still loved

and alos the main reason kai irked me was the lack of icon DB Franchose muisc

ie theu did not use music they own but try to use use muisc they do not own lol
DateYutakaSep 7, 2015 6:47 AM

Sep 7, 2015 6:48 AM
Dec 2013
FGAU1912 stop dragging Dragonball Z RIGHT NOW

Sep 7, 2015 6:52 AM

Jun 2014
FGAU1912 said:
shintai88 said:

this says very differnt

and one piece o hold a world record for biggest selling comic by a single artist

how can you debate that

you cannot i happen to be a fan of most of the top 20 listed mang on that link but fingues are blck and white

That list has nothing to do with the World, it's just Japan.
Sep 7, 2015 6:56 AM
Mar 2011
Agafin said:
FGAU1912 said:

this says very differnt

how can you debate that

That list has nothing to do with the World, it's just Japan.

is manga disrebustion figures in the place were more people buy manga and less read it online

but one pice being the world record holder is giunniss book of worl records record

Sep 7, 2015 6:56 AM
Mar 2011
ghoul91 said:

huh what

Sep 7, 2015 6:58 AM
Dec 2013
FGAU1912 said:
ghoul91 said:

huh what

you're serving some irrelevant receipts to discredit DBZ and ruin its status...stop

Sep 7, 2015 6:59 AM
Mar 2011
ghoul91 said:
FGAU1912 said:

huh what

you're serving some irrelevant receipts to discredit DBZ and ruin its status...stop

im not so you cannot take facts

your bieng bais

Sep 7, 2015 7:00 AM
May 2009
FGAU1912 said:
shintai88 said:

this says very differnt

how can you debate that

FGAU1912 said:
shintai88 said:

this says very differnt

how can you debate that

What I mean by Fading is viewership. I am not arguing about sales. Sales unless they show a trend over the period it has been released.

My point is that like all products their initial popularity and they current popularity will vary as time goes on Just as sales will change.

So while the total sales aren't go to fade, Their Yearly sales numbers will fall. In order to stop this they revitalise the franchise and interest in it with Movies and Games etc etc.
Sep 7, 2015 7:01 AM
Mar 2011
shintai88 said:
FGAU1912 said:

this says very differnt

how can you debate that

FGAU1912 said:

this says very differnt

how can you debate that

What I mean by Fading is viewership. I am not arguing about sales. Sales unless they show a trend over the period it has been released.

My point is that like all products their initial popularity and they current popularity will vary as time goes on Just as sales will change.

So while the total sales aren't go to fade, Their Yearly sales numbers will fall. In order to stop this they revitalise the franchise and interest in it with Movies and Games etc etc.

oh ok

Sep 7, 2015 8:00 AM

Oct 2014
One Piece was ridiculously behind all other series outside Japan, because of 4kids kiddy version full of ridiculous censors, making potential viewers lose interest.

The fact that One Piece managed to make a come back and become one of the "big 3" later on shows just how good it is.

But another "problem" for OP is the artstyle. Many people just can't get used to it. Even I only ever started watching it in German TV back then, because my brother convinced me that it's actually worth a try and I was hooked quite fast (thankfully OP was an exception in German because it was directly translated Jap -> Ger, instead of the usual Jap -> Eng -> Ger). But that was later. Dragon Ball however, by that time, was already airing multiple times, so it had a much better chance to create a nostalgia effect than OP.
Sep 7, 2015 8:14 AM

Mar 2014
Agafin said:
DBZ is an anime, why are people talking about manga here.
HaXXspetten said:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_manga

Still 90 million behind One Piece I'm afraid
But OP has two times more volumes though...

Exactly.
DB sold an average of 5.42 million copies per-volume, while One Piece has sold an average of 4.05 million copies. so which is truly more successful?

Compare both to Tezuka's Black Jack, and they both fail, though. Black Jack's 17 volumes sold appox. 176 million copies, giving it an average of 10.35 million per-volume.
::End of Transmission::

Sep 7, 2015 8:37 AM

Oct 2013
For all the people that are using one piece manga sales as a indication that it's more popular than dbz. Please f***ing stop! Not because 3+ million people went out and bought all 70+ volume of one piece makes it more popular than dbz in Japan, with a population of around 130 million people.

3+ million people is basically what makes one piece the best selling manga, also add to the fact that its a very long series which means more volumes equal more sales. When you look at the bigger picture, the manga sales just shows us that one piece has done the best Job in getting more people to read its manga version than the others. Nothing more. So basically one piece sells 3 million per Volume, and DB sold like I don't know 2 million per volume. One piece sold better, so one piece is more popular than dbz in Japan, home of 130 million people. Makes sense. ;)

The fact that Japan has a goku day is more than enough proof that dbz is more popular. The entire Japanese population knows about goku day, and every generation that cones after will know about that day and know what goku day is about.

It also should be well known that dbz is well known for its anime and not its manga. Heck every series is more known for its anime version than its manga version. Which again prove how irrelevant the manga sales discussion is.
keragammingSep 7, 2015 8:44 AM
Sep 7, 2015 8:42 AM

Feb 2013
vigorousjammer said:

Compare both to Tezuka's Black Jack, and they both fail, though. Black Jack's 17 volumes sold appox. 176 million copies, giving it an average of 10.35 million per-volume.

Black Jack "only" sold 45 million copies

Wikipedia is wrong and still use the old numbers which were wrong
Sep 7, 2015 8:43 AM
Oct 2013
vigorousjammer said:
Agafin said:

Exactly.
DB sold an average of 5.42 million copies per-volume, while One Piece has sold an average of 4.05 million copies. so which is truly more successful?

Look at the runtime, you must consider runtime in the sales per volume equation.
Else you could bring out a series with alot of sales on low colume count and it would remain at the top till the end of time.

AOT should have the highest count or Death note when runtime is considered, yet it´s nowhere near Dragon Ball´s or One Piece´s popularity.
Partially because of marketability.

Not really translateable into beat them up´s for Namco.
No theme park appeal unlike One Piece.
Sep 7, 2015 8:53 AM

Nov 2010
vigorousjammer said:
Agafin said:

Exactly.

One Piece is because a lot of DBs sales happened after it ended, it would be hard if not impossible for any ongoing manga series to match up with the average volume sales of a series that has been over for decades. A better way to do it would be to compare their highest selling volumes or what their volumes were selling in first week or month sales when both were at their peak(hint hint OP has the record for highest first week and first month sales). Just dividing by volumes won't necessarily give you the right answer.
IntroverTurtleSep 7, 2015 8:57 AM
Sep 7, 2015 8:57 AM
Mar 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
vigorousjammer said:

Exactly.

One Piece is because a lot of DBs sales happened after it ended. A better way to do it would be to compare their highest selling volumes or what their volumes were selling in first week or month sales when both were at their peak(hint hint OP has the record for highest first week and first month sales). Just dividing by volumes won't necessarily give you the right answer.

the like iv postd any times is the most accurate for manga cuase its how its Judge in the industy cuase easpccly in Japan alot of people just pick upa volume and read it rigght there in store and put it back

so usins cruculation figues is more accurate to things

Sep 7, 2015 9:04 AM
Mar 2011
keragamming said:
For all the people that are using one piece manga sales as a indication that it's more popular than dbz. Please f***ing stop! Not because 3+ million people went out and bought all 70+ volume of one piece makes it more popular than dbz in Japan, with a population of around 130 million people.

3+ million people is basically what makes one piece the best selling manga, also add to the fact that its a very long series which means more volumes equal more sales. When you look at the bigger picture, the manga sales just shows us that one piece has done the best Job in getting more people to read its manga version than the others. Nothing more. So basically one piece sells 3 million per Volume, and DB sold like I don't know 2 million per volume. One piece sold better, so one piece is more popular than dbz in Japan, home of 130 million people. Makes sense. ;)

The fact that Japan has a goku day is more than enough proof that dbz is more popular. The entire Japanese population knows about goku day, and every generation that cones after will know about that day and know what goku day is about.

It also should be well known that dbz is well known for its anime and not its manga. Heck every series is more known for its anime version than its manga version. Which again prove how irrelevant the manga sales discussion is.

so you doubt a guiness book of world recatds record now so are you next going to say Thriller iis not in biggest selling album of all time then

or Usain bolt is not the fastest man alive

exapct the fact hat one piece is teh biggest selling Comic by a single creator of all time cuase it is fact not bais not nothing it fact

just as is the fatc that Sazae san is the longest running animated show of all time

i come at you with unbaised fact cuse im a fna of both the franchises in question

Sep 7, 2015 9:08 AM

Mar 2014
TheNextChamp said:

Ah, okay. whoops. xD

FGAU1912 said:

Like iv posted, any time is the most accurate for manga cause it's how it's judged in the industry cause especially in Japan, a lot of people just pick up a volume and read it right there in the store and put it back.

So, using circulation figures is more accurate for things.

Gosh, your post was hard to decipher, but I agree, for sure. I'd be interested to see the number of copies in circulation for different series.

Sep 7, 2015 9:21 AM
Mar 2011
vigorousjammer said:
TheNextChamp said:

Ah, okay. whoops. xD

FGAU1912 said:

Like iv posted, any time is the most accurate for manga cause it's how it's judged in the industry cause especially in Japan, a lot of people just pick up a volume and read it right there in the store and put it back.

So, using circulation figures is more accurate for things.

Gosh, your post was hard to decipher, but I agree, for sure. I'd be interested to see the number of copies in circulation for different series.

total circulation figues for manga

Sep 7, 2015 9:22 AM

Oct 2013
FGAU1912 said:
keragamming said:

so you doubt a guiness book of world recatds record now so are you next going to say Thriller iis not in biggest selling album of all time then

exapct the fact hat one piece is teh biggest selling Comic by a single creator of all time cuase it is fact not bais not nothing it fact

just as is the fatc that Sazae san is the longest running animated show of all time

i come at you with unbaised fact cuse im a fna of both the franchises in question

You miss the point. I'm not denying anything about one piece. One piece is the best selling manga, its the king when it comes to manga sales, blah, blah we all know that already. Its proven fact. But, what you don't seem to realise is that op wasn't specifically talking about manga sales, he was talking overall. Not just manga sales.

So to me, its silly to say one piece is more popular than dbz strictly on only manga sales. When anime is even a more popular medium especially for dbz.
Sep 7, 2015 9:27 AM
Mar 2011
keragamming said:
FGAU1912 said:

You miss the point. I'm not denying anything about one piece. One piece is the best selling manga, its the king when it comes to manga sales, blah, blah we all know that already. Its proven fact. But, what you don't seem to realise is that op wasn't specifically talking about manga sales, he was talking overall. Not just manga sales.

So to me, its silly to say one piece is more popular than dbz strictly on only manga sales. When anime is even a more popular medium especially for dbz.

look how i rate my anime

and plus iv never said Db franchise is not poplar when did i say that

i just said it not gundam big based on year on year figues by bandai who own the toy right to ebyhting thing or most things that will never be in a dabate like this
Rider
sentai
Gundam
precure

------------------------
every thiing else

Sep 7, 2015 9:31 AM

Jun 2014
No there won't ever be an anime that is just as popular but in terms of success, One Piece has done a good job exceeding it.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Sep 7, 2015 9:42 AM

Oct 2013
@FGAU1912
? Let's end this discussion here. Nice talking with you.
Sep 7, 2015 9:46 AM

Sep 2014
ClockworkRiddle said:
I'd say pokémon is a much bigger export product though, lol.
I agree, everyone knows pokemon, especially the symbolic Pikachu. DBZ is known amongst Teens and young adults. Whereas my f**king nan knows who pikachu is, Pokemon is better known in general.
Sep 7, 2015 9:56 AM

Jun 2014
Beater_Luke said:
ClockworkRiddle said:
I agree, everyone knows pokemon, especially the symbolic Pikachu. DBZ is known amongst Teens and young adults. Whereas my f**king nan knows who pikachu is, Pokemon is better known in general.

The milking is not allowing Ash to win his first championship at this rate.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Sep 7, 2015 10:10 AM

Sep 2013
wasif_khan said:
Most much popular DBZ is..
as a matter of fact it is shit...
along with all bigger series.
I am watching One Piece and it made me realise that Smaller series are much better than longer ones

Shit? Thats why it has inspired the biggest mangaka authors? Because its shit?

I am talking about Anime here....
almost 1:1 ratio of anime with manga is shit thing they did...
20 minutes anime to 20 pages of chapter....
so boring episodes.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
NTADSep 11, 2015 10:54 PM
Sep 7, 2015 10:11 AM

Oct 2009
Yes, it's called Sesame Street, it even rekt the Muppets and Thunderbirds.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Sep 7, 2015 10:14 AM

Jun 2014
vigorousjammer said:
Agafin said:

Exactly.

To be fair, I don't think the number provided by Guinness for One Piece is worldwide, it seems to be just the Japanese, but I'm not sure.

Either way, OP's average might start to decrease since the first volume prints are down to 3.8 million (was 4.05 million at its peak).
Sep 7, 2015 10:20 AM

Mar 2014
In any case, if we're talking on a global scale, between both anime and manga, I think Lupin is probably the most popular... I'm just guessing, though.

Sep 7, 2015 11:53 AM
Dec 2013
Beater_Luke said:
ClockworkRiddle said:

Shouldnt Digimon be then also somewhere near the top? Its almost as known as Pokemon

I think the Top5 most known anime series (on a global note) are Dragonball/Dragonball Z, Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon and Naruto
Sep 7, 2015 12:12 PM

May 2015
Grey-Zone said:
ashfrliebert said:
Can't really say I know world wide though, but I'm pretty sure here in America--Dragon Ball is much more well-known than One Piece-I do believe even Naruto is more well known. And I do believe Dragon Ball has sorta introduced most non-native people to anime, or at least from what I've seen.

As I said: because One Piece was licensed by 4kids.

Naruto and Dragon Ball were licensed by others, so they did not fall into hell.

That's a cool fact, but it'd be great if we can stop being so subjective about an objective situation.

Anyway, the big question is whether or not the Pokemon anime is bigger than the Dragon Ball anime overseas, I don't think anything else is a contender? I don't know, I don't live in Canada.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Sep 7, 2015 12:12 PM

Oct 2014
ghoul91 said:
Beater_Luke said:

Shouldnt Digimon be then also somewhere near the top? Its almost as known as Pokemon

I think the Top5 most known anime series (on a global note) are Dragonball/Dragonball Z, Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon and Naruto

YOU HAVE ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD!
Sep 7, 2015 12:19 PM

Feb 2013
Pokémon > DragonBall > Yu-Gi-Oh > the rest
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 245 Discussion

lostcats - May 20, 2011

17 by Berry-Vodka »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 122 Discussion

MrHatandClogs - Oct 11, 2010

27 by GeoRush »»
Yesterday, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 117 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 13, 2013

17 by GeoRush »»
Apr 24, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 12 Discussion

Yokurama - Feb 13, 2008

15 by Dumb »»
Apr 24, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 291 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jul 27, 2008

46 by satyabrata900 »»
Apr 21, 9:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.