Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 10, 2015 6:26 PM

May 2014
It's funny how can Shiraishi be so collected about kissing Yamada. One would normally be afraid of Yamada, but their first interaction, in the first episode was the other way around, he fell off the stairs because he was caught off-guard by her menacing glare. We get that she is very good at analyzing situations and shit, but that was her first kiss and she doesn't even bat an eyelid! Not even a soft blushing is seen on her face, even when she herself offers to kiss him again and again, whenever is convenient for any of them.

Yamada, though, seems to have been totally entranced by her (sometimes I think he's the girl here), and blushes everytime she's around or at the simple thought of kissing her again, even though they do it frequently.

I had the impression that althought it was clear Nene was charmed, some interest remained on her about him. The fact that she made a straight face when he said he was never going to fall for her is another clue of how good she is in hiding her emotions. On the other hand, Yamada is way too obvious, and Shiraishi too dense. Everybody except herself noticed that he's head over heels for her. Or maybe she knows, but doesn't pay much attention?
May 10, 2015 6:55 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Wow, I had no idea that switching bodies was Shiraishi's power all along a day that Yamada is simply the Sharingan lol....That reveal/explanation was pretty cool to see

I don't like Odagiri at all so I'm with Yamada when he said that he'll never fall for her....But it's nice that she got a taste of her own medicine so hopefully she'll change for the better....Finding out about how Yamada was best friends with that other guy was interesting too

The revelation about this Witch investigation seems fun so I'm looking forward to seeing the club find the other ones
May 10, 2015 7:46 PM

May 2012
I wonder how they'll pace the rest of the season :/
May 10, 2015 8:03 PM

Nov 2007
Ishikami said:
It's funny how can Shiraishi be so collected about kissing Yamada. One would normally be afraid of Yamada, but their first interaction, in the first episode was the other way around, he fell off the stairs because he was caught off-guard by her menacing glare. We get that she is very good at analyzing situations and shit, but that was her first kiss and she doesn't even bat an eyelid! Not even a soft blushing is seen on her face, even when she herself offers to kiss him again and again, whenever is convenient for any of them.

Yamada, though, seems to have been totally entranced by her (sometimes I think he's the girl here), and blushes everytime she's around or at the simple thought of kissing her again, even though they do it frequently.

I had the impression that althought it was clear Nene was charmed, some interest remained on her about him. The fact that she made a straight face when he said he was never going to fall for her is another clue of how good she is in hiding her emotions. On the other hand, Yamada is way too obvious, and Shiraishi too dense. Everybody except herself noticed that he's head over heels for her. Or maybe she knows, but doesn't pay much attention?

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 10, 2015 9:57 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, wish they'd be more surprised that magic exists. It's like they live in a world where that isn't unusual.
May 10, 2015 10:08 PM

Jan 2014
Hmm, it wasn't that funny.
So Urara is a witch, too.
And that's not surprising.
To anyone. Cool. And...
Yamada was cute again <.<
May 10, 2015 10:48 PM

May 2013
Yamada's power is impressive. I mean who wouldn't want to kiss girls and to have their powers? It's also envious in my opinion.
I'm kinda excited for the introduction of the other witches. I am waiting for that specific witch. I hope she gets introduced soon.
May 10, 2015 10:59 PM

Dec 2012
Awesome!

May 10, 2015 11:22 PM

May 2012
The anime continue to be great.

Are going to show the power of all 7 witches in 12 episodes ? I just hope it gets 2nd season !
May 10, 2015 11:22 PM

Aug 2013
Episode was great at always, but I felt like the animation was a little off. I LOVE the facial expressions in this show though :P They're so hilarious

Odagiri arc has been finished XP Just you anime-only watchers wait. Odagiri proves herself to be 2nd best girl in the show IMO (no one can beat Shiraishi)

That slap was so good and I really love that Yamada kisses Odagiri to rid her of the charm spell despite her asking for him to leave it. It really shows this series as a romance rather than a harem. Which makes me not understand WHY THE HAREM TAG IS THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE -_-

I'm hoping they can cover the next witch next episode because they're definitely gonna need 2 episodes for the seventh witch's arc.
May 10, 2015 11:36 PM

Jul 2014
Odagiri and Ushio pissed the hell out of me. Yamada should have left them alone, he went through hell because of them, I dont see any reason to help them in any way (besides Shiraishi asking for it) anyhow Odagiri will get ok while Ushio.....
May 10, 2015 11:36 PM
Nov 2013
I like where this is going. I knew Shiraishi had to have had some sort of power, but I'm more surprised about Yamada's power. I take it the green haired girl has telepathy since she's the only new character being introduced and it was the only other power written in that notebook?
May 10, 2015 11:52 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode.

At least we've gotten to know more about Yamada and Ushio and how he betrayed Yamda. Still i'm not surprised why Yamada was pissed as hell, but it seems he can't stop following what Shiraishi says.

I kinda lol'd when Odagiri's power backfired to her.

Was hoping they would join in the club, but i guess it's too soon.

Finally they revealed about the Witches. Guess they'll be doing a lot of Witch Hunting for sure :P

Yamada is one lucky bastard. Being able to kiss all the ladies he wants!!

Still i could see how problematic this can be, like what if the girl does fall in love with Yamada, i'm sure Shiraishi will stop that from happening.

Can't wait for the next episode though!
May 11, 2015 12:30 AM

Jan 2011
Another great episode! We finally found out that Yamda's power is a copy/duplicate ability and Shiraishi is the one with the body-swapping ability instead. Odagiri ended up falling in love with Yamada due to him copying her ability. Thus, Yamada had to kiss her again to counteract the spell. xD

Ushio and Yamada were best friends but Odagiri came into the picture and basically ruined their relationship... until now. :D

I always laugh when Miyamura and Itou tease Yamada and act as comic relief. :P We get to see Ootsuka next episode~
May 11, 2015 12:54 AM

Oct 2011
I thought Ushio was Miyamura at first because they had the same hair lol

I hope they can find the remaining witches within the remaining episodes.
May 11, 2015 1:41 AM

Dec 2013
shanimebib said:
Ishikami said:

Wait a sec, did Shiraishi know she had those powers before the "accident"? Or did she just find out during this episode? I mean, wasn't the accident suppose to be her first?

As for the episode, it was fun to watch, but ultimately lacked in content. All we got was the back story of the reason why Yamada is so feared/hated in the school. I still don't get why Ushio just turned on him like that, unless Nene kissed him and MADE him do it (but then for what reason? it's not like he had anything to do with the student council back then now did he?). Other than that, the revelation on how Yamada's power works was kind of deducible from what happened in last episode and this one. The note-book at the end was interesting, I guess it leads into the search for the next witch.

One question for those in the know: so is Yamada considered a Witch as well? Considering that he has special powers as well, I'm assuming he's got to be something more than a "Conduit"
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 11, 2015 2:10 AM

May 2014
L-Ryoshi said:

Wait a sec, did Shiraishi know she had those powers before the "accident"? Or did she just find out during this episode? I mean, wasn't the accident suppose to be her first?

As for the episode, it was fun to watch, but ultimately lacked in content. All we got was the back story of the reason why Yamada is so feared/hated in the school. I still don't get why Ushio just turned on him like that, unless Nene kissed him and MADE him do it (but then for what reason? it's not like he had anything to do with the student council back then now did he?). Other than that, the revelation on how Yamada's power works was kind of deducible from what happened in last episode and this one. The note-book at the end was interesting, I guess it leads into the search for the next witch.

One question for those in the know: so is Yamada considered a Witch as well? Considering that he has special powers as well, I'm assuming he's got to be something more than a "Conduit"

He's a wizard, Harry.
I think Nene made Ushio do that simply because she's not a good person and didn't want her new super-powerful subordinate in trouble, it would be a hassle for her too, having to explain the incident to the teacher too. Instead just act like the stupid friend was the only involved (it seemed to me nobody saw them as friends before, anyways).
To be honest, I already imagined Yamada was just a copy-cat, since Shiraishi did swap bodies with the other girl from the club too, and had she not refused to kiss Miyamura, I'd have my theory confirmed, but since she did rdfuse, my attention was diverted to Yamada's enjoyment of the situation... And, man, how he enjoyed it!
May 11, 2015 2:41 AM

Jun 2013
Odagiri and Ushio are just assholes Yamada got bitch slapped by Shiraishi
May 11, 2015 3:58 AM

Feb 2012
Oh man, they didn't adapt the part in the manga where Odagiri was gazing at Yamada as he walks away with his clubmates, even though he nullified the charm power on her.

Those who hate Odagiri.... she'll eventually grow on you also.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 11, 2015 5:20 AM
Aug 2013
Well I've read the manga and I can safely proclaim that I probably dslike Nene more than before.

I really don't get all this "Nene is best girl" stuff.
May 11, 2015 5:32 AM

Mar 2012
Not shabby episode this week. Being a manga reader, I forgot how douchy Ushio and Odagiri were at this time. Not super pleased about how Shiraishi's slap was done since it appears like she's trying to control Yamada too much when that's obviously not her real intent at all.

The notebook part was a little subtle, but it does present the next path to this witch journey. Onward to the next witch now!
May 11, 2015 6:00 AM

Dec 2010
....wow that was some fast story dev. they just happen to give them a note about the 7 Seven Witch'es that came from no where

...Yamada X Shiraishi -that slap was showing she really did care for him
May 11, 2015 7:54 AM

Jan 2015
And I'm just sitting here, thinking 'What a good time to be alive'.

Odagiri, U Know Shiieet. U know Shieet.

Yamada x Shiraishi 4 LIFE!
May 11, 2015 8:30 AM

Jul 2011
Ushio be like "I'm not gonna apologize, cause we came to this school to live this kinda life."

Yeah, sure. I guess Yamada should be the one to apologize for not thanking you then. *rolls eyes*
May 11, 2015 8:37 AM
Jul 2018
I think it will be like this:

Episode 6 - Otsuka
Episode 7 - Maria
Episode 8 - Maria & eventually Noa introduction
Episode 9 - Noa
Episode 10 - Mikoto? (or put her in ep 9) + Miyamura's sister, searching for last witch
Episode 11-12 - Rika (btw, anime spoiled her identity to me, because I'm at chapter 63 right now)
May 11, 2015 8:54 AM

Nov 2012
May 11, 2015 10:31 AM

Sep 2014
Nice episode, they are adapting the manga quite well and it's pretty enjoyable ^^

jbeat said:
Oh man, they didn't adapt the part in the manga where Odagiri was gazing at Yamada as he walks away with his clubmates, even though he nullified the charm power on her.

Those who hate Odagiri.... she'll eventually grow on you also.

Was kind of waiting for this part aswell, but i suppose that in this one season there won't be time for that development. Odagiri will still be great though, one of the best.

Can't wait for Noa though!!
May 11, 2015 11:10 AM

Oct 2013
If this adaptation is rushing then it's doing it right. Though investigating 5 more witches & exploring their characters and possibly developing the romance between Yamada & Shiraishi? in just 7 more episodes? That's not gonna cut it. 2nd season is a must, though I'll probably head for the manga when this one's over.
May 11, 2015 11:46 AM

Jan 2015
abyss333 said:
USHIO AND ODAGIRI ARE BOTHE ASSHOLES FOR WAT THEY DID TO YAMADA. YAMADA SHOULD HAVE JUST BEEN LIKE 'FUCK THEM I DONT CARE WHAT THEY GO THROUGH'. AND I REALLY LIKE SHIRAISI, BUT WATS WITH HER FORCING YAMADA TO DO WATEVER SHE WANTS. NOT COOL AT ALL

Agreed!! but Shiraisi is a lovely girl. :P

pandajennaush said:
if only this great series gets 24 episodes for this anime... as a manga reader, almost all of the episodes felt rushed so far.

Yeahh! It will be awesome if we got 24 episodes. Luckily I'm not really read manga XD, so far I really like this series! (watched twice per episode), looking foward next episode!

Kouhai__May 14, 2015 4:40 AM
May 11, 2015 12:34 PM

Jun 2010
Odagiri best girl, that is all. Shiraishi is a nice girl but she's about as interesting as a cardboard box.
EDIT: how can you guys even hate Nene? so cute at the end :3
tittycakesMay 11, 2015 12:45 PM
May 11, 2015 2:15 PM

Oct 2013
Odagiri is hawt just like every other character in this show.

Well, this episode was fairly mediocre compared to the previous ones, TBH. Everything that happened was very predictable.

Shiraishi remains unbelievably cute. <3

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 11, 2015 2:32 PM
Feb 2015
[quote=shanimebib]I haven't been into the manga very far but it has been made quite obvious from this point along with some indications that followed later on that favour the argument that

By now it should be obvious that Shiraishi

I have to disagree about [spoiler]Shiraishi liking Yamada before the staircase incident bacause simply enough they didn't knew anything about each other , she fell in love with him after the incident because he changed her world in to a better place where she has friends and other things ..[spoiler]
May 11, 2015 7:41 PM

Mar 2009
Isn't it kind of selfish that Yamada kissed Odagiri when she didn't want that?
May 11, 2015 10:29 PM

Jan 2015
tittycakesXD said:
Odagiri best girl, that is all. Shiraishi is a nice girl but she's about as interesting as a cardboard box.
EDIT: how can you guys even hate Nene? so cute at the end :3

Yes! I like her too! But she always acted cool, I began to likes her in episode 4 ... XD
Nope! Shiraishi is the best! hehehe
May 12, 2015 2:50 AM

Jun 2012
This is getting really good. And I think I just found myself a character to hate, maybe two :D

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
May 12, 2015 4:41 AM

Jan 2013
Really enjoyable series. It deserves (and probably needs) 24 episodes, a shame there'll only be 12.
May 12, 2015 7:45 AM

Feb 2014
Awful adaptation of a great Manga. They made Shiraishi force Yamada to do wants she wants rather than her genuinely being disappointed in him.

Also, I've always hated Nene, I still do, and I forever will. This episode just enforced it.
"I am Valentinez Alkalinelia Xifax Sicidabohertz Gumbigobillo Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovicci Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser. Don't hesitate to call."

May 12, 2015 9:23 AM

Aug 2014
So it seems he really is a copycat, as I thought. Didn't really like all the drama, and how Urara just forced Yamada into submission. Loved how Yamada told he'd never fall for Nene, though. We got some real confirmations and it seems the anime's going to focus more on the remaining witches now, which should happen as soon as possible, imo - we only have two out of seven witches introduced.

3.5/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
May 12, 2015 10:10 AM

Jul 2014
this is so funny
May 12, 2015 10:22 AM

Dec 2010
Great episode...after the first 2 episodes its been real fun..
Mim
May 12, 2015 10:40 AM

Jun 2013
Nice episode.
I dont like Odagiri though. And about Ushio, I cant hate anyone voiced by OnoD
May 12, 2015 10:59 AM

May 2010
Nene already best girl. That's how you do tsundere. Just wait till she is in love with Yamada for real.

Man, this adaptation has been pretty damn good so far. As long as they don't skip key points, I am gonna adore it.
May 12, 2015 2:19 PM

May 2012
Man I'm really enjoying this series. I can't wait to see what the other witches are like.
May 12, 2015 7:12 PM

Jul 2013
RhapsodyinBlue said:
Really enjoyable series. It deserves (and probably needs) 24 episodes, a shame there'll only be 12.

Yeah, I really wanted it to be more than 12. But still, I'm enjoying this... I love it!
What Odagiri and Ushio did to Yamada was pretty selfish...
Odagiri is cute, but nothing can top Shiraishi for me <3
May 12, 2015 11:24 PM

Jan 2013
How can some people being complaining about Shiraishi slapping Yamada?
He didn't want to remove the power from Nene, a fake sensation of love, of course she would be mad.

And now I'm fearing the next episode, 6 probably will be done alright... but the others...

EDIT:
Animepsp said:
....wow that was some fast story dev. they just happen to give them a note about the 7 Seven Witch'es that came from no where

They skipped some chapters, but basically the building they were in was the old school building which had some clubs in there.

It happens that the 3rd floor was prohibited and that's where the old supernatural studies club was, on the prohibited room (rumors of a ghost and stuff), and that's where Odagiri and Ushio hang out (and where Yamada kissed her).
CrimsonSilver4May 13, 2015 12:51 AM
May 13, 2015 5:45 AM

Aug 2014
Nene! Can't wait for her part in the next episode after watching the preview! **
Also, they cut the part where Odagiri is shown with a little affection towards Yamada at the end! Pretty sure that's pretty important bit?
Now they just move on with Witch-finding? If I haven't read the manga, I'm not sure I'm following all of this with all of these rushing stuff. They just crammed all of the info in one go!
May 13, 2015 2:20 PM

Jan 2011
Tetimaru said:
I think ecchi is a misleading tag for this anime.
The next episode (obligatory beach episode) might prove me wrong, though.

Harem as well.
Thank god, at least so far.
Are there more male characters to introduce with the other witches?
May 13, 2015 3:56 PM

Aug 2013
AlexGK said:
Tetimaru said:
I think ecchi is a misleading tag for this anime.
The next episode (obligatory beach episode) might prove me wrong, though.

Harem as well.
Thank god, at least so far.
Are there more male characters to introduce with the other witches?
yes
May 14, 2015 8:25 AM

Dec 2012
Good job Shiraishi, now we know the real power of Yamada. I love seeing all these kisses :).
Yamada is a lucky fucking guy, he will kiss the seven witches T-T
May 14, 2015 7:14 PM

Mar 2015
Just watched the series from episode 1-5, I must say I'm very impressed. The comedy is funny with the mix of Yaoi and Yuri lol.

Although the witch stuffs were just introduced in episode 5, it's kind of weird that Urara knows about her power yet she said Yamada was her first kiss. So how could she possibly know about her power?

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2015

291 by Tauren64 »»
Yesterday, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2015

306 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

153 by brokeRyuk »»
Feb 23, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2015

121 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:33 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

159 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.