Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 1, 2007 4:14 PM

Nov 2006
"Tenjou Tenga Ichigeki Hissatsu Hou!! Energy charge 120%
translation: (Heaven and Earth One Shot Sure Kill Cannon)" - Ryusei Date (Super Robot War: Original Generation)

"Ooh, Dark, that sounds so dirty! Talking to a woman that way! Unless...you're talking to me!! I don't mind at all!! Please, have your way with me! Come on, I'm ready and waiting!" - Toto (D.N. Angel)

""Goku! I'd rather die than fuse with you!"
"But Vegeta, we're already dead!"
" - Goku and Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z)

Moderator Edit:
To adjust this thread to the new rules, please do not just list quotes in this thread as simple listing threads are not allowed.

Please also use this thread to explain why you like these particular quotes, how they maybe changed your views or life, what someone can learn from them etc.

You are also encouraged to discuss your own or other quotes, for example if you disagree with them etc.
julyanAug 4, 2015 3:30 AM

Pages (49) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 1, 2007 4:23 PM

Apr 2007
"Tsuki ni kawatte oshioki yo!" ("In the name of the moon, I'll punish you!")-Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon
"Shining Finger!!!"-Domon Kasshu, G Gundam

Those are my favorite quotes.

Current Avatar: Sawako from Kimi ni Todoke
May 1, 2007 4:33 PM

Nov 2006
DivineRose125 said:
"Tsuki ni kawatte oshioki yo!" ("In the name of the moon, I'll punish you!")-Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon
"Shining Finger!!!"-Domon Kasshu, G Gundam

Those are my favorite quotes.

love G gundam

May 1, 2007 4:52 PM

Jan 2007
Ahh. This will be fun. I just need time to find my favorite quotes. Here`s one to start me off:

Shuichi- I wanna live with you.
Yuki- What the hell are you talking about? Are you insane?
Shuichi- What's the big deal, you big grouch? You've got more space than you possibly need!
Yuki- What's that to you?
Shuichi- I'll cook and clean and do the laundry. You won't even notice i'm here! I'll clean your ears and give you shoulder rubs! And when the lights go out, we'll play Master and Servant!
Yuki- Forget it! Have you completely lost your mind?
Shuichi- But... but... but... I don't want anyone else to be with you! I've already made up my mind! I won't share you! You know this is our time, so just shut up and let me unleash this zeal I feel! - track 10 of Gravitation [TV]
May 1, 2007 4:55 PM

Nov 2006
"Total slaughter, total slaughter. I won't leave a single man alive. La dee da dee dide, genocide. La dee da dee dud, an ocean of blood. Let's begin the killing time." - Vash (Trigun)

May 1, 2007 4:59 PM

Mar 2005
Haruhi: "Where did you go?! I waited to eat since I thought you'd be back soon!"
Kyon: "Could you say that again, except like a childhood friend pretending to be angry to hide her embarrassment?"
-The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, episode 10
May 1, 2007 5:08 PM

Jan 2007
"Mei-tan, you're such a tsundere" - Momo (Manabi Straight)
May 1, 2007 5:14 PM

Jan 2007
Kyon: "Actually, Ponytails turn me on."
Haruhi: "...What?"
Kyon: "The ponytail you had back whenever looked so good it was criminal."
Haruhi: "..Are you retarded?!"
- ep14 of SHnY, thanks to a.f.k.

Also: "You make me think strange things" from Elfen Lied... I'm not sure if that's quite right because I don't have the episodes on my comp anymore and thus don't know the episode or exact wording. >.>
May 1, 2007 5:16 PM
Apr 2007
"i'm watching a dream i will never wake up from." - cowboy bebop
"so tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - YYH
"i'll go gay for you! HARD GAY!" - dokuro chan

and of course, the infamous...

"vegeta, what does the scouter say about his power level?"
"IT'S OVER NINE THOUUUSSSANNNDD!!!"
May 1, 2007 5:27 PM

Apr 2007
"Wait! If you cut off negotiations, it can only lead to war. Accept a truce, and I will listen to whatever you have to say. Let's work toward a compromise!" Sousuke Sagara (FMP)

"Congratulations! You've won a free trip to Heaven!" - Outlaw Star

May 1, 2007 5:43 PM

Apr 2007
""Goku! I'd rather die than fuse with you!"
"But Vegeta, we're already dead!"
" - Goku and Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z)

I have to agree :P
May 1, 2007 5:44 PM

Apr 2007
So many good ones, but it's difficult to remember all of them. I'll just post the ones I can remember. Might be forgetting some really good ones (might not be 100% accurate).

Wolf's Rain
"Everybody's going to die. It's a natural part of life, but if life has no purpose, you're already dead." - Kiba

"Why do humans always look to the sky? Why do you try so hard to fly when you don't have any wings?" - Kiba

Death Note
"Just as planned." - Light

Gurren Lagann
"YOUR DRILL IS ONE THAT WILL PIERCE THROUGH THE HEAVENS!" - Kamina

"Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me who believes in you!" - Kamina

"Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb! That's the Gurren-dan
way!" - Kamina

Cowboy Bebop
"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to see if I am really alive." - Spike

"I'm just watching a bad dream that I can't wake up from." - Spike

FLCL
"When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly." - Naota

Neon Genesis Evangelion
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth." - SEELE member

"You only think you understand. People cannot perfectly understand each other. They can't even understand themselves. Understanding a hundred percent of anything is impossible. So, people endeavour to attempt to learn about themselves and others. That's what makes life interesting." - Ryouji Kaji
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2007 5:58 PM

May 2005
Most of my favorite quotes can be found in the anime Fruits Basket. Here's one of them that I personally like.

Shigure Sohma: So, anyway, I was wondering if you could stop by the house and take a look at Tohru's cut. That is, if it isn't a problem.
Hatori Sohma: No problem. I'll stop by the house this evening.
Shigure Sohma: Hmmm? What's this, Hatori? I don't think I ever heard you sound so eager to come over. Could it be you have a secret crush on Tohru?
[long silence from the other end of the phone]
Shigure Sohma: [shouts] I knew it! You naughty, naughty man, you!
Hatori Sohma: No, I was simply too amazed by your stupidity to say anything.
May 1, 2007 6:15 PM
Apr 2007
sorairo said:
Most of my favorite quotes can be found in the anime Fruits Basket.

fruits basket quotes ftw!

(Kagura was doing Kyo's laundry and accidently rips one of his shirts)
Kyo: Please tell me you didn't just do what I think you did!?
Kagura: (seeing Kyo) My love!
Kyo: My shirt! And I really liked this one too.
Kagura: You can wear this one.
(Kagura offers Kyo another shirt.)
Kyo: But it's soaking wet!
Kagura: But that's because I washed it.
Kyo: Is there anything of mine you didn't wash?!
Kagura: Your pants...

Shigure (after hanging a maid's outfit over the doorframe): Well, here it is; my White Day present for Tohru. Lovely, isn't it? The poor girl's gone far too long without suitable clothing to wear while cleaning the house.
Haru (deadpan): It's amazing no one's locked you up yet.
May 1, 2007 7:16 PM

Apr 2007
Have you pissed your pants?
Prayed to god?
Are you ready to hunker down in a corner and beg for mercy?

Walter C Dornes, Hellsing Ultimate
May 1, 2007 8:07 PM

Nov 2006
"What a letdown, Kurosaki-san. A real letdown. After all, there's nothing but fear reflected in your sword. When you dodge, 'I'm afraid of getting cut.' When you attack, 'I'm afraid of cutting someone.' Even when you try to protect someone, 'I'm afraid of letting them die.' Yes, your sword speaks to me only of absurd fear. That's not it. What's necessary in a fight isn't fear. Nothing can be born from that. If you dodge, 'I won't let them cut me.' If you protect someone, 'I won't let them die.' If you attack, 'I'll cut them.' Well, can't you see the resolve to cut you reflected in my sword?" - Urahara Kisuke (Bleach)

"My name is VASH THE STAMPEDE!! Forgive the lack of warning, but it's time for my daily massacre! If you do not believe I am the real thing, take a good look at me and start freaking out!!" - Vash (Trigun)

"Growls at painting, clutching it tightly* "Damn you! Let me inside of you!! LET ME INSIDE OF YOU!" - Dark (D.N. Angel)
darkvoltageMay 1, 2007 8:11 PM

May 2, 2007 12:51 PM
Dec 2006
"Hey, thanks for calling. This is the shitty restaurant. You wanna make an order?"

Sanji, One Piece

"There's a crocodile growing out of that banana!"

Luffy, One Piece

Toto (Old guy) "Hey, hold up! Don't fling the sand into the hole I'm digging out!"
Luffy: *blank stare*
Toto: "Are you trying to fill in the hole!?"
Luffy: "No, I'm digging the hole."
Toto: "I didn't mean that! You're flinging all the sand you're digging up into my hole. That defeats the purpose of me digging the hole in the first place, you see?"
Luffy: "Ah."
Luffy: "Oh! So it's a Mystery Hole!" *goes back to flinging sand in the old man's hole*

Also from one piece
May 2, 2007 1:04 PM

Oct 2006
One Piece:

"Since ancient times, making has labeled the unknows of nature as God. And anything they could not understand, they feared...
Everthing which befalls mankind is said to be the work of God. Mankind accepts that it cannot defeat natural disasters. And I am one of them.
So my existence, is that of a God. Do you understand?"

- Enel to Kamakiri
May 2, 2007 1:08 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
"Bang"

-Spike, Cowboy Bebop
May 2, 2007 1:09 PM

Apr 2007
Naruto: "I will become the hokage!"
As if lmao.
TsunamiMay 2, 2007 1:48 PM

May 2, 2007 1:13 PM

Nov 2004
Xinil said:
"Bang"

-Spike, Cowboy Bebop

Even if it doesn't seem so, that was a spoiler for me i remember =P was just waiting and waiting for it, and when it came it wasn't that cool =D
May 2, 2007 1:37 PM

Aug 2006
Just a couple of my favorite Shigure moments:

Shigure Sohma: Tohru's very cute, in a sweet sort of way.
Hatori Sohma: For some reason when you say that it reeks of something illegal.

Kagura Sohma: You don't know what a woman feels like when she's in love!
Shigure Sohma: Oh, yes I do! Or at least I've felt enough women to venture a guess.

May 2, 2007 1:38 PM

Mar 2007
"I Came to deliver bad luck" - Train Heartnet.

Love it =)
May 2, 2007 1:58 PM

Oct 2006
Kino no Tabi

Hermes - Good job, Kino.
Kino - Let's go back. If I give them this and they still die, I've got a big problem.
Hermes - What do you mean by problem?
Kino - It means I have an obligation.
Hermes - To whom?
Kino - To the rabbit.
May 2, 2007 3:47 PM

Nov 2006
Believe it-Naruto

May 2, 2007 4:37 PM

Feb 2007
"Ecchi na no wa ikenai to omoimasu!" ~Mahoro
May 2, 2007 5:29 PM

Nov 2006
"You're thinking in Japanese! If you must think, do it in German!" - Asuka Langley Soryu (Evangelion)

May 2, 2007 5:33 PM

Apr 2007
"Its just like it is with the stars, there are bright ones and there are those that are dim." - Hilda (Outlaw Star)

May 2, 2007 5:37 PM

Oct 2006
"My beloved, prepare to die." - Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou
May 2, 2007 7:14 PM

Nov 2006
"Love and Peace!" - Vash (Trigun)

" It must be the way you look, Vash the Stampede. Your very existence seems to cause me undue irritation.
" - Legato (Trigun)

"How could I forget? He's into dead girls!" - Kagome (Inuyasha)

May 2, 2007 7:19 PM

Jan 2007
"Please Be Gentle..." - Mikuri Tomokazu (Yumeria)
"...Only fools stand up and really lay down their arms. No, not me, not when death lasts forever."

May 2, 2007 10:06 PM

Nov 2006
"Does a death wish cause you to talk to me that way?" - Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)

May 3, 2007 1:43 AM

Apr 2007
Kirimi: "Reverse harem! It's a reverse harem in here."
Mitsukuni: "Oh this is bad. It seems like there's still water in my ears from swimming."
One Twin: "Indeed. Inspector General"
The other twin: "There must be something wrong with our ears if we're hearing such a little girl say something like 'reverse harem'."
Kirimi: "Shuchi nikurin!"
- Ouran High School Host Club (episode 11)

"Hail Zeon!" -The old woman on the train in Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack.

"Every day spent here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly." - Naota Nandaba (FLCL)

“Hey, I didn't know boys felt like this inside.” - Haruko Haruhara (FLCL)

"Don't talk, it makes you sound stupid." - Yusuke Urameshi (Yu Yu Hakusho)

"I consider your class of demon very worthy, worthy to fight and worthy to die." -Yoko Karama (Yu Yu Hakusho)

"Bang" - Spike Spiegel (Cowboy bebop)

"Ed will introduce Ed. Full name - Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky the 4th. Ed made up that name for Ed, isn't it cool?" - Ed (Cowboy bebop)

"And what's the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge." - Spike Spiegel (Cowboy bebop)

"It must be the way you look, Vash the Stampede. Your very existence seems to cause me undue irritation." - Legato Bluesummers (Trigun)

"I don't mind if you want to kill me, but I might struggle a bit." - Trowa Barton (Gundam Wing)

"Watari, I didn't know you cared." - Asato Tsuzuki (Yami on Matsuei) Not quite I direct quote but something similar to what he said after Watari jumped on him and started stripping his clothes off.

O_O Wow that's a long list. Sick thing is I have more but I won't post the rest.
May 3, 2007 2:05 AM

Apr 2007
Trigun:

Wolfwood: I always knew you were no mere mortal... but I had no idea that you were a cat.

Vash the Stampede: [singing] Total slaughter, total slaughter. I won't leave a single man alive. La de da de die, genocide. La de da de dud, an ocean of blood. Let's begin the killing time. (i sing this myself for fun)

Vash the Stampede: I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Dont hesitate to call.

outlaw star:

Aisha Clanclan: [while examning Melfina in her vat] I've never seen a ship like this before. It's far behind any C'tarl-C'tarl ship. It won't move unless you're naked! That's very kinky, wouldn't you say?

and in Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann when Kamina was making up moves
WHO DO YOU THINK I AM KICK!!!! and the rest. but pretty much everything he says is funny.

and i probably have a ton of other qoutes i dont remember right now.
May 3, 2007 2:26 AM

Feb 2007
uhh

'BANKAIIIIAIAIIIAIAIAIAIAI' - Jusst about every shinigami o.o

May 3, 2007 4:36 AM

Jan 2007
"It's hard to be truthful sometimes. I respect that you [Shuichi] can always be so honest. I don't know if I can be that way, but I'll try. So... don't ever leave me again. It's inconvenient not to have a hole to fuck when I get in the mood." - track 42

[kackle] This is obviously a shounen-ai quote from Gravitation xD
May 3, 2007 1:58 PM

Apr 2007
Oh this one just made me laugh.

Sesshoumaru: "well inuyasha it looks like Tetsusaiga got heavier"
Inuyasha: "it go a lot heavier, you stupid jackass!"
-(Sesshomaru wields Tokijin)

-"I may run and hide but I never tell a lie. That's me in a nutshell"
-Duo Maxwell(Gundam wing)

Thanks to Iri for the awesome Signature!! ^^
May 5, 2007 5:27 AM

Oct 2006
one of my favourites ^^

Shingetsutan Tsukihime.

Arcueid - Thanks for yesterday...
Shiki - Wha..what about?
Arcueid - You forgot...? Neck, back of my head, from the right eye to the lips. The right arm, upper arm, below. The ring finger. The left arm, elbow, thumb... middle finger, from the ribs to the heart...and from the chest to the abdomen...the right leg, right shin, and left shin, and all left toes.
You dismembered me into 17 pieces of meat in a flash... did you not?
May 6, 2007 1:42 PM

Jan 2007
ROFL. Wowww.

Here`s another:

[irritated & yelling]
Tamaki: Kyouya! You take on the role of a punk and PIMP ON HARUHI!

May 11, 2007 11:44 AM

Jan 2007
"Believe it!?" -Naruto Season 1

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth." -Alphonse Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)

"The Philosophers' Stone: those who possess it, no longer bound by the laws of Equivalent Exchange and Alchemy, may gain without sacrifice, create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it." -Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist"

May 11, 2007 4:49 PM

May 2007
May 11, 2007 5:38 PM

Aug 2006
"Are you aware of the frequent occurences of the mass naked child events within the country ?" AnimeJunkies translator - GiTS: Stand Alone Complex
May 12, 2007 11:12 AM

Jan 2007
"WHOA, a kiss, that`s the best thing a girl can blow!"
--that definately came from Shin-Chan xD
May 13, 2007 11:12 AM

Jan 2007
I don't think that is really an anime.
May 13, 2007 12:46 PM

May 2007
"I ran out of filters so I ran the tea through a copy of Shakespeare, now I have the Tempest in a Teapot, that's trouble brewing" - Izumi Maki, Martian Successor Nadesico
May 13, 2007 2:56 PM

Jan 2007
Hale_magefire said:
I don't think that is really an anime.

It`s... in the Anime search;; so i consider it one.
May 13, 2007 6:52 PM

Jul 2006
Noelle_x3 said:
"WHOA, a kiss, that`s the best thing a girl can blow!"
--that definately came from Shin-Chan xD

Shin-Chan is amazing. I really do need to find more episodes......
and in the spirit of shin-chan, a quote....
"Why hello little boy, do you like your giant one-eyed monsters with or without hair?" (the thing about cake and videogames is funny too, but I can't remember the exact wording..."
Jun 6, 2007 9:08 AM

Jan 2007
From the Bleach episode 12. The dubbed version.

Chad: Just tell me you`re not hurt. Say it Ichigo`s sister
Karin: are you kidding me? the only one that`s hurt here is you, you big stupid giant
Chad: i see. Well to me, that sounds damn good.
[kicks him in the head]
Karin: that`s not good ya jerk! what in hells name is good about someone, i mean anyone getting hurt? what kinda macho crap you tryna sell me, you overgrown risk taking dumbass! that kinda logic really ticks me off. You guys, you wanna look cool and act all slick, just like my stupid brother Ichigo! GAHH! I`ve had it! you just stay put. I`ll go call my dad, so he can put you back in one piece again. Now don`t move or i`ll kick ya again, ya lame brain coot!"
Jun 6, 2007 9:11 AM

Feb 2007
Hoeeee~~

-Sakura from Cardcaptor Sakura

:P
Jun 6, 2007 9:16 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Lol, that made me laugh. :P

staff.applications ▼ 
guidelines.faq ▼

report.abuse ▼ 

thx.skittles ▼ 
thx.kina ▼

[H+] ³ã€€â–¼ã€€
Pages (49) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

61 by Ricchan__ »»
2 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - Apr 24

28 by LenRea »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » hate watching ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 14

50 by alshu »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 6 hours ago

24 by Ricchan__ »»
23 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 2 hours ago

11 by Horizon248 »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.