Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 11, 2015 2:07 PM

Oct 2013
I wanted to see Shinichi in action again oh well there's next week episode xD

Why!!! Migi why!!

R.I.P Migi :(
Mar 11, 2015 2:07 PM

Sep 2007
My God this series is epic

Mar 11, 2015 2:13 PM

Mar 2009
That was such a sad scene. If Migi truly is gone, props to Aya Hirano on a wonderful performance.

Also, what a nice old woman. She came out of nowhere, too.

Anyway, best of luck to Shinichi. He's going to need it.
Mar 11, 2015 2:16 PM

Jul 2009
Kane Migi is dead? Yeah, right...

Old lady was really nice and reminds me of someone, great episode anyway.
Mar 11, 2015 2:21 PM

Jun 2014
I know its difficult to create feels for a parasite, but migi's death was still a little sudden. The rest of the episode was also paced awkwardly...
Mar 11, 2015 2:24 PM

Jan 2014
Actually felt a little sad when Migi died :/
Mar 11, 2015 2:27 PM

Oct 2014
Interesting episode. I actually wasn't expecting Migi to "die" like that. But, I don't think it's truly the end for him. He left quite a bit of cells in Shinichi's body, and as we all know, cells do multiply. I wouldn't be surprised if over time, he was able to rebuild himself inside of Shinichi's body.

Perhaps that was the plan all along. If Migi died, he could always rebuild himself inside of Shinichi, and start over. If Shinichi died, they were done for good. So, in theory, they could take as many attempts at Gotou's life as possible. Provided that they were given enough chance to fully rebuild themselves, and Gotou didn't catch on.
Mar 11, 2015 2:32 PM
Jul 2018
Flawfinder said:
"Blablablablablablablablablablabla. *Migi dies* Blablablablablablablablalblablabla."

That's my impression of this episode in a nutshell.

Idem.
Mar 11, 2015 2:33 PM

Jul 2014
Still dont think Migi is dead though
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Mar 11, 2015 2:35 PM

Aug 2014
I felt it was kinda rushed, like Akame ga Kill! rushed. Got to see the next episodes to say for sure. I wonder how Shinichi is going to top Gotou. Maybe buy eternally stabbing him with a rusty knife.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Mar 11, 2015 2:39 PM

Oct 2014
robis798 said:
Something felt off this episode. Not sure what.

glad i am not the only one.
Espicially the first 5 min. felt totally off.
Mar 11, 2015 2:47 PM

Dec 2013
Shrimperor said:
robis798 said:

The bit with the car did definitely feel rushed.
Mar 11, 2015 2:50 PM

Nov 2014
I miss Migi :(
He changed so much, saving Shinichi like that
Hi there
Mar 11, 2015 2:53 PM

Dec 2013
Shrimperor said:
robis798 said:

Agreed, although I have to admit this was significantly better than last week's. Nevertheless, I'm still bemused by the fact this was the best strategy they could come up with for dealing with Mr. Invincible, especially not knowing any of his vulnerabilities. Their rest by the tree confirmed they really hadn't thought past launching their car at him.
Mar 11, 2015 3:30 PM

Dec 2013
nope nope nope

I refuse to believe Migi died

My heart can't take this

I'm drowning in my own tears
Mar 11, 2015 3:33 PM

Oct 2013
Man! RIP Migi! But I guess not really cuz some cells are still in Shinichi
Mar 11, 2015 3:33 PM

Nov 2012
I refuse that he's dead. He'll be back, I'm sure of it!
Mar 11, 2015 3:39 PM

Jul 2013
Migi NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Mar 11, 2015 3:40 PM

Jun 2013
I'm going to start casually dropping 'Isn't that what it means to be human' into conversations like the characters of this show do.
I'm not getting enough vegetables. I'm just not getting enough vegetables.
Mar 11, 2015 3:56 PM

Nov 2013
Meh. Let's hope the last two episodes are decent like some previous ones.
Mar 11, 2015 4:10 PM

Apr 2014
Still rushed, still felt off.

So basically this episode was : Blablala i'm not strong enough *Migi dies* blablabla *Gotou is way too stronk* blablabla *"that's what it means to be human" bullcrap* blablabla

Talk about a f*cking anti-climatic episode ...
MuoMar 11, 2015 4:38 PM
Mar 11, 2015 4:10 PM
Oct 2014
This episodes pacing was awful, I think the creators are freaking out realizing that they only have 3 episodes so they jammed too much into this episode. Migis actions didn't make COMPLETE sense. There was some development we saw in migi, but suddenly they went from migis humanity being and 3 to being a 10, worst episode by far
Mar 11, 2015 4:15 PM
Oct 2014
GARBrotato said:

Right,I just want it to end with a well written conclusion, but at this stage I don't think its possible
Mar 11, 2015 4:18 PM

Oct 2014
GARBrotato said:

I hope so too, Brotato.
The Series fell somewhat after ep. 20, let's hope it will pick up the slack again for the final 2 episodes. :D
Mar 11, 2015 4:21 PM

Jun 2013
Man looks like its really coming to an end. Let's not forget about that murderer that got away in the hype of all the Gotou, I have a feeling that he's gonna make a comeback.

Wasn't Shinichi suppose to catch some flies or something?
Mar 11, 2015 4:24 PM

Aug 2012
Kind of a lame episode.
Didn't want miki to go out like that, really fucking boring and forced.
Grandma sucked.
First episode of the series I legit did not like.
Meh what was a solid 8 might be a 7 now.
Probably get some lame shounen ending now where shinchi survives and miki is barely alive or something.
Mar 11, 2015 4:33 PM

Nov 2012
Migi "died"=sad

Gotou =mega parasyte now.

3/5
Mar 11, 2015 4:34 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
this was... somehow dumb episode.. oh well
Mar 11, 2015 4:37 PM

Jul 2014
just a theory
Mar 11, 2015 4:46 PM

Dec 2013
LusciousLobsters said:
just a theory

Yes I do. That insert bgm music made it pretty obvious. They brought up flame throwers in the past and then left it hanging.
Mar 11, 2015 5:00 PM
Feb 2015
My first post :D

When migi told shinchi to run, that made me like him even more. He acted like a hero but I wonder if he already knew that he will still survive with a small part of him in shinchi?

I don't know what mitsuyo's role is but I like her already.

I hope that on the next episode it will have a little more action :)
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Mar 11, 2015 5:19 PM

Jul 2010
I still don't get the all 10 rating reviews on MAL but I will probably give it a 7 by the end of this.
Mar 11, 2015 5:30 PM

Jun 2013
Really good episode!
Damn, only two episodes left
Mar 11, 2015 5:35 PM
Feb 2014
I hope there's some plot twist about the death of migi, i don't want him to die like that =/
Mar 11, 2015 5:36 PM
Nov 2013
Migi, you were truly one of the most interesting and fascinating characters I've seen in a while. Making me like laugh at you drive a car and cry when you said goodbye. Hirano Aya was amazing this episode, she really made Migi become more human like through her acting. I hope that this and her role in Nagato Yuki-chan anime get her more roles.

Really wondering how this series will end. I don't think Migi is dead, I hope he comes back and him and Shinichi fuck Gotou up
Mar 11, 2015 5:45 PM

Aug 2013
You know, it may be a bit far fetched, but I wonder if Migi could have joined Goto in his body? Sure, we saw Migi on the verge of dying and he clearly saved Shinichi, telling him to flee, probably because he didn't even had enough energy to attack back. It was really touching how he saved him, but I can't stop thinking that parasyte ultimate nature is to protect their own life. Ryouko was a special case in my book because she had a really strong and emotional link to that child, something not as strong as the friendship between Shinichi and Migi. By joining Shinichi, he kill two birds with one stone since he save both Shinichi and his life. Goto won't be able to pursue Shinichi easily because parasyte can't detect human. The other thing that make me think that Migi might have joined Goto body is his sudden transformation. We are dicted by the law of evolution, but that evolution is too sudden to be natural.

The other possibility to me is that Migi may have merged with an animal. In the end, I don't believe he is dead. The fact that the parasyte in his dream said that he can sense that he's alive make me believe so.

Anyway, it was a good episode, as always. The old lady was really nice, even if she still look a bit shady, like she hiding something. I may be paranoid too.

At first, I didn't understand their plan since the first time they decapitated Goto, it didn't worked, but it's true that they didn't reacted the first time, due to the unusual situation that took the by surprise. It was a good plan, but it was too hard to execute in a single blow. Too much relying on a low probability of success, ended up with the short end of the stick. It suck.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 11, 2015 5:56 PM

Nov 2014
MIIIGIII :''(
That was so sad, I am too sad to think about anything else in this episode :(

Decent episode, can't wait until next week :(
Mar 11, 2015 5:58 PM

Nov 2014
minouneetzoe said:
You know, it may be a bit far fetched, but I wonder if Migi could have joined Goto in his body? Sure, we saw Migi on the verge of dying and he clearly saved Shinichi, telling him to flee, probably because he didn't even had enough energy to attack back. It was really touching how he saved him, but I can't stop thinking that parasyte ultimate nature is to protect their own life. Ryouko was a special case in my book because she had a really strong and emotional link to that child, something not as strong as the friendship between Shinichi and Migi. By joining Shinichi, he kill two birds with one stone since he save both Shinichi and his life. Goto won't be able to pursue Shinichi easily because parasyte can't detect human. The other thing that make me think that Migi might have joined Goto body is his sudden transformation. We are dicted by the law of evolution, but that evolution is too sudden to be natural.

The other possibility to me is that Migi may have merged with an animal. In the end, I don't believe he is dead. The fact that the parasite in his dream said that he can sense that he's alive make me believe so.

Loving these possibilities, they actually make sense.
Mar 11, 2015 6:02 PM

Aug 2012
Migi dead or not? quick spoiler please.
Mar 11, 2015 6:05 PM

Aug 2013
Migi and Shinichi are separated, I did not think this farewell so moving, but Shinichi cried almost the whole episode, I think his personality this oscillating much in recent episodes, and the final episodes are coming, I hope good fights and a good development ..
Mar 11, 2015 6:11 PM
Jan 2014
Sad that this beautiful series is almost over. :(
Mar 11, 2015 6:12 PM

Dec 2013
Felt really rushed...plus the goodbye between Shinichi and Migi was way too short after everything they've been though.
Eh
Mar 11, 2015 6:18 PM
Feb 2014
ImTheGuy said:
Felt really rushed...plus the goodbye between Shinichi and Migi was way too short after everything they've been though.

Im sure if migi wasnt holding back the most powerful parasyte in existence, the goodbye may have been a bit longer... also i doubt that it is goodbye judging by the dream :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2015 6:20 PM

Apr 2012
RIP Migi
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Mar 11, 2015 6:49 PM

Jan 2013
Noo, that was so sad.
Can't wait to see how it ends
Mar 11, 2015 7:59 PM

Dec 2012
Eh, maybe someone will be able to point out something I missed, but I am not the least bit convinced by Migi's sacrifice. Throughout the series, everything he's done has always been calculated and has been out of self-interest even though there was usually a mutual benefit for Shinichi as well. Wishful thinking has me hoping that he thought of something, such as merging with Gotou or the like, because this just feels like it completely went against his character otherwise. I mean, it was apparent that Shinichi and Migi were getting along more and more and became a seemingly inseparable duo, but I really just don't see Migi being the kind to completely sink ration and go "LIVE SHINICHI I WANT YOU TO LIVE!" Unless of course, the other possibility is that he knows his cells will regenerate in Shinichi when given enough time.

That old woman honestly creeped me out, but she does remind me of a typical old woman. At first I thought she trying to hook up with Shinichi, she seemed very attached to him, unlike Migi (ah sorry, too soon...). I wasn't really convinced by her whole humanity speech and honestly these keep feeling like they're just being rammed in for the sake of it.

Otherwise though I'm looking forward to the final battle and hope this is able to blow my speculation out of the water.
Mar 11, 2015 8:31 PM

Dec 2013
^ You touched on a few of my questions with this episode. While we have seen some human development, it hasn't been enough for me to believe he'd whimsically sacrifice them both on a far-fetched gamble with a vehicle, followed by....escaping into the woods, alone, with no other allies, no particular field advantage, an acknowledgement that they had "zero" chance of victory.....and no plan B ("let's stop here and strategize"). It just seemed to contradict Migi's cold, calculating, logical nature. Perhaps Migi expected this defeat/result and has some other grand scheme in mind, but I'm skeptical (but hopeful). Seems to me the more reasonable solution with the best chance of survival would have been to make a deal with the military; it's their problem now, afterall.
DouluoMar 11, 2015 8:55 PM
Mar 11, 2015 8:44 PM

Sep 2012
Vellamo said:
Migi dead or not? quick spoiler please.

Mar 11, 2015 9:01 PM

Jul 2009
Ragna92 said:
Omg no! Migi! My eyes were literally bawling during that scene. Migi is a hero indeed.

Me too, i'm really in tears. At the back of my mind i was thinking how he might still technically be alive because he's spread out in Shinichi...but is that really the same Migi? Same memories? Why do the best characters die (Tamura Reiko) :(
Mar 11, 2015 9:18 PM

Aug 2012
Welp...I shouldn't be surprised by that with all the build up toward Migi becoming more humane, but the way it was executed certainly did bring a level of shock. I agree with those saying it felt kinda off, but it was still pretty damn sad.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

381 by yarwe »»
Yesterday, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

656 by crousu »»
May 1, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

377 by yarwe »»
May 1, 3:09 PM

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Apr 23, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.