Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 4, 2014 9:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Scary scary. After learning the truth, the group regroups but I have doubts about how well they will live their present lives especially with Fuu.

That ending though...ouch. The pain ;_;

Quite the OST used this episode as well.
Stark700Dec 4, 2014 10:40 AM
Dec 4, 2014 11:42 AM

Dec 2011
WOW what an emotionally charged episode.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 4, 2014 11:53 AM

Jan 2012
Extremely powerful emotional episode as Fu learns of the loss of Itsuki's dream. Itsuki handled the situation like a champ though. I hope the sisters won't have to suffer through any further grief but I'm expecting it as we go on. It'd be nice if the Taisha got what was coming to them too...
animefan8800Dec 4, 2014 12:06 PM
Dec 4, 2014 11:59 AM

Jan 2010
When this anime is done airing, I'll need a stupid comedy anime to recover from it, its just so damn sad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2014 12:01 PM

Nov 2007
I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS TAKAHIRO ;_____;
Dec 4, 2014 12:07 PM

Apr 2010
Emotional episode.
I can understand why Fu is angry but pursuing a job in the music industry is hard, but than again Itsuki didn't even get the chance to try.

The other question is how did Togo found out that the Fairies would stop her from trying to commit suicide.
Why did she try it?
This suggests she was trying to end her own life but for what reason?
Dec 4, 2014 12:11 PM

Aug 2010
Why u do this?! So damn sad T^T

The emotions in this ep were perfectly depicted :*(

Poor Fu. Dem feelings of guilt.

How she felt after discovering Itsuki's voice is gone 4ever was so sad ;_;
But the way Itsuki took it was totally props worthy.

The way Togo tried killing herself 10 times was :O

This series just raised up a whole notch in my eyes. Amazing stuff.
Dec 4, 2014 12:34 PM

Jul 2010
Fuu trying to stay strong yet letting signs of weakness slip by :/

Tougou having tried to suicide yet the fairies don't let them.

The second half was really heartbreaking T.T Couldn't hold it in.

Itsuki's dream to be a singer and be able to walk beside her older sister, the music with Fuu losing it and going on a rampage. Karin, Yuna and finally Itsuki stopping Fuu... how Fuu kept on crying and Itsuki hugging her ;_;

Putting on the blame on herself, the message Itsuki wrote... that was quite the amazing episode. Itsuki protecting Fuu in her own way...
Dec 4, 2014 12:40 PM

Dec 2011
All five of them suffered.

Itsuki having to come to terms with the realisation that she will never be able to live out her dream.
Fuu cursing herself for getting Itsuki (and the others) involved in the first place, getting mad at the Taisha and being driven into despair.
Togo being driven to try to kill herself over and over again.
Karin basically being asked to attack her own companions and friends, and place her sense of duty against her developing friendship.
And Yuuna desperately trying to keep everyone sane and together, even if that means causing herself further suffering and losses in the process...
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 4, 2014 1:04 PM
Aug 2014
Gawwwd dammit Yuna why you stahp her, I wanted a fallen hero. Welp maybe Togo will become a fallen if she tried suicide. lol
Dec 4, 2014 1:09 PM
Aug 2009
I see a lot of people interpreting Togo's attempted suicides as desperation but I think that interpretation is wrong, since after the first hospital visit she has always been doing her own independent research about the effects of Mankai and so on not to mention she is terribly intelligent and perceptive. So I think what happened was actually her typical logical no non-sense approach of testing a theory, in other words attempted suicide to test the information she got from the last episode.

Back on the home front... this episode is something else. Most of us came in to this anime expecting "madoka" vibes after the first few episodes, but shit...
And the thing is I can understand why the Taisha does what it does too...
Because it is really a choice between sacrificing a few girls or the total annihilation of all things.
TL;DR no one but the invaders are at fault here, it always hurts so much more when you know no one is at fault...
Dec 4, 2014 1:15 PM

May 2013
That was sad. Sucks that Togo actually was trying to commit suicide, but the fairies were protecting her. Then that ending was really emotional.
Dec 4, 2014 1:19 PM

Sep 2012
How can this anime be rated under 7 ? Yuyuyu is so underrated that it hurts my heart as much as the episode.Where's the drama tag ?!
Dec 4, 2014 1:30 PM

May 2012
Seriously, what's up with the tags(Fantasy, Magic, Slice of Life) T_T I was expecting a nice SoL magical girl anime when I first started watching.

Yuuna's still doing a good job trying to keep them all together. I feel as if she's going to be the same as Sonoko and the other girls will have their memories wiped somehow, just how it seems with Tougou.

Anyway, let's hope there's a happy ending for them

Dec 4, 2014 1:40 PM

Jan 2009
1. The scenes w/ no background music were so intense

2. Seeing fuu find out all the problems that itsuki had to endure cuz of her loss of voice was just sad

3. tougo probably got the most fairies out of every1 cuz she tried to suicide or was just more mentally unstable

4. what a revelation about the fairies. those fairies aren't protecting them cuz they're heros, the heros need to stay alive to be sacrified.

9/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Dec 4, 2014 1:41 PM

Dec 2011
Olem said:
Seriously, what's up with the tags(Fantasy, Magic, Slice of Life) T_T I was expecting a nice SoL magical girl anime when I first started watching.

it was just "Slice of Life" until about the time when episode 3 aired.
Dec 4, 2014 1:45 PM

Jul 2014
Well, after a slow start, I really didn't expect this episode to have such a strong emotional impact like that. This just gets more depressing week after week.

I can totally understand why Fu would want to destroy the Taisha after what they had done to the girls; were it me in a similar position I would want to destroy them as well.
Dec 4, 2014 1:48 PM

Mar 2014
I knew this episode was coming, I prepared myself, I thought I was ready... I wasn't ready... at all.
What an amazing episode.

billybob300c said:
3. tougo probably got the most fairies out of every1 cuz she tried to suicide or was just more mentally unstable

Think a bit harder about this, the answer is clear as day.

I'm also wondering if Yuuna is getting more problems for stopping Fu, since it looks like she used all her petal thingies again.
Paulo27Dec 4, 2014 1:53 PM
Dec 4, 2014 1:50 PM

Jul 2014
An emotional episode with a goddamn strong OST. Damn that was good.
Dec 4, 2014 1:55 PM

Aug 2013
That episode is really sad also that Itsuki loss her dream to be singer also I almost cry at the end but I didn't expect Tougo tried to commit suicide and that there nothing that can change them but we have to find out more next episode
Dec 4, 2014 1:56 PM

Mar 2014
HikariHime1993 said:
That episode is really sad also that Itsuki loss her dream to be singer also I almost cry at the end but I didn't expect Tougo tried to commit suicide and that there nothing that can change them but we have to find out more next episode
You guys need to stop looking at the suicide thing as actual suicide, Togo was just testing the information, and they had little reasons to believe it was false to beging with.
Dec 4, 2014 2:02 PM

Aug 2013
Paulo27 said:
HikariHime1993 said:
You guys need to stop looking at the suicide thing as actual suicide, Togo was just testing the information, and they had little reasons to believe it was false to beging with.

Oh okay I am sorry
Dec 4, 2014 2:17 PM

Mar 2013
Another emotional episode :"<
Dec 4, 2014 2:25 PM

May 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
Olem said:

I know. Yet there still isn't a drama tag.

It's like trying to bait people into a bowl of happiness, except it's not.

Anyway, gotta feel bad for Fu. It was painful to watch her break down.

Dec 4, 2014 2:50 PM

Mar 2011
I did not sign up for this T_T
Dec 4, 2014 2:56 PM

Mar 2014
Olem said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

I know. Yet there still isn't a drama tag.

It's like trying to bait people into a bowl of happiness, except it's not.

Anyway, gotta feel bad for Fu. It was painful to watch her break down.

Don't look at Sora no Method's genres then.
Dec 4, 2014 3:03 PM
Jul 2018
This episode is pretty emotional. I never expected that Togo is trying to commit suicide, but the fairies won't let her/

Itsuki never get her voice back.
Dec 4, 2014 3:20 PM

Sep 2008
This drama...
This hurt so much!
Poor Itsuki...
Why her voice?!
;(

Maybe there will be some miracle at she will get her voice back...

I really from start I got Madoka vibes from it...
I thought this gonna be worse than Madoka,
right now I think this is even better than Madoka.
Dec 4, 2014 3:23 PM

May 2012
Paulo27 said:

Oh no, I was planning on watching it soon, too.

Welp, I'll just dive into it.

Wish me luck.

Dec 4, 2014 3:24 PM
Sep 2011
... Okay. I'm back on board with this show now. This episode was strong.

It's terrifying that Togo has been attempting suicide. o_o That definitely moves the show a step further into darkness. One can argue that she was just testing the theory, but you don't try to kill yourself for that! What if she'd been wrong?

Good to see Itsuki's lost dreams addressed – and interesting to see it explored through Fuu's POV instead of Itsuki's. And we're getting some insight into Taisha's manipulation: they keep assuring Fuu that it'll be fine while priming Karin to act as their enforcer...

But that avenue of angst seems mostly wrapped up now? So I'm not sure exactly what to expect from the last few episodes.

Well, Yuuki filled up her mankai gauge while fighting Fuu, so there's one thing we can confidently predict: there's going to be another enemy, and Yuuki is going to go mankai fighting it.
Dec 4, 2014 3:41 PM

Apr 2012
Damn I'm so close to crying right now.... it's just so sad! T_T

Also I've already forgotten how Itsuki's voice sounded.....
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Dec 4, 2014 3:50 PM

Dec 2013
The execution was great, really nailed it.
Dec 4, 2014 3:53 PM

Jan 2013
Itsuki's so strong.
That ending reminded me of Angel Beats, the feels.

But what was with that of Tougo trying suicide, was it just for the experiment?
Dec 4, 2014 4:04 PM

Nov 2013
Dammit.

I certainly felt the feels when everything started to hit Fuu. ><
Dec 4, 2014 4:04 PM

Dec 2009
Okay, i knew the plot was getting heavy, but talk about breakdown... There's very few things that can real -drip down cheek- tears out of me . . . I was using up tissues after this. Bravo, first emotional 9/10 in like forever.

With that i make this my absolute favourite and best anime of the season.
GenesisAriaDec 4, 2014 4:08 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 4, 2014 4:08 PM

Jan 2011
This episode was heartbreaking that it made me cry, especially at the end when Fuu broke down and then Itsuk appeared. Poor Itsuki, why did she have to lose her voice? ;~; Man, this series is a hidden gem this season. So no matter what they can never die since committing suicide doesn't even work; that's pretty messed up. Amazingly emotional episode overall~
5/5
Dec 4, 2014 4:12 PM

Mar 2014
Nalehw said:
... Okay. I'm back on board with this show now. This episode was strong.

It's terrifying that Togo has been attempting suicide. o_o That definitely moves the show a step further into darkness. One can argue that she was just testing the theory, but you don't try to kill yourself for that! What if she'd been wrong?

Good to see Itsuki's lost dreams addressed – and interesting to see it explored through Fuu's POV instead of Itsuki's. And we're getting some insight into Taisha's manipulation: they keep assuring Fuu that it'll be fine while priming Karin to act as their enforcer...

But that avenue of angst seems mostly wrapped up now? So I'm not sure exactly what to expect from the last few episodes.

Well, Yuuki filled up her mankai gauge while fighting Fuu, so there's one thing we can confidently predict: there's going to be another enemy, and Yuuki is going to go mankai fighting it.
I doubt it's just suicide alone, probably any sort of injuries too, doesn't mean she went for the neck in the first try.
Still this "you can't die" doesn't seem as extreme as it appears, they can still die in battle, unless they are actually invincible and just go mankai everytime automatically to get them out but if that's the case I don't see the other group not beating the 12 vertex, or any since Yuuna had to beat them all (unless there's more, and while that's probably the case we still don't have any signs of more showing up and that solo one that appeared was just to show that Togo battled before so I'd not really consider it) and they can probably die of old age too.
Granted, their familiars always got in the way of the vertex attacks but the girls still got damaged, so it's really "you can't kill yourself and weak enough attacks can't damage you".
Dec 4, 2014 4:34 PM
Oct 2010
CLANNAD feels all over again T^T
Dec 4, 2014 5:13 PM

Aug 2013
damn it, I didn't expect the feels were this stronk..
I cri evrytiem..
Dec 4, 2014 5:51 PM

Mar 2013
One of the most emotional episode in Anime this Season. For sec, I thought I was going to cry damn.
Dec 4, 2014 6:22 PM

Jan 2011
It's like this show knows every soft spot to hit me right in the feels again T_T

shame not a lot of people might not even bother watching this, show is a late bloomer
Dec 4, 2014 6:41 PM
Nov 2012
I remember I started watching this show at the beginning just for something a little light-hearted to take the edge off the heavier shows I was watching.

Ha ha ha jokes on me this last episode was heartbreaking :(
Dec 4, 2014 6:53 PM

Mar 2014
Very slow start, but it looks like YuYuYu is heading for a strong finish. The emotions were palpable and real and the OST is excellent. Whoever's working on this show knows how to set an atmosphere very nicely.
And yes, just like Madoka, neither the Heroes nor the Taisha are completely at fault here...although I'd argue YuYuYu makes a stronger case for it because no heroes = world will very clearly go bye bye. But here I'll stop, because I dislike the Madoka comparisons.

I don't like how the Taisha tried to pit Karin against the others, though. Yeah, you need to cover up the whole "You're gonna lose all bodily functions eventually and are effectively immortal so have fun" thing...but that's just nasty. If that's how you treat the girls whom you're making into human sacrifices to keep the world from exploding, I wouldn't want to save your shitty world.

Overall, pleased I stuck with it. I look forward to how they'll wrap it up in three episodes, or if there'll be a surprise second season at the end. 10/10 if the Taisha and the Vertex bite it thanks to Yuuna and co.
Dec 4, 2014 7:13 PM
May 2014
Heartbreaking episode, I really like the approach they took and how they handled Fuu's breakdown. It really helps too that they had us, the viewers, bond with the characters earlier by making them interact so much in the SoL moments and making them as likeable as possible even though they are badly written and the dialogue was bad.

It made this episode much more impactful and also that soundtrack is sublime, the fight scene was great, the directing gave us some very beautifull shots and overall great episode. Sadly it can't save this series from the earlier episodes but still rising the score.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Dec 4, 2014 7:39 PM

Jan 2013
"Heroes never die" what does this mean
so Togo was just doing some test so what cuz she is smart
I feel sad for Fu-senpai becuz of the truth she learned
Fu-senpai went bat-shit crazy and I understand that feeling
It really was messed up sacrificing the girls' bodies to protect the earth but it was no one's fault becuz they didn't know but whatever
sacrifice urself for the world or let others sacrifice themselves for u n the earth
Dec 4, 2014 8:43 PM

May 2013
Poor Itsuki... she really has the worst QQ

Now that is one frightening development... Togo is so smart and daring. This series became a lot more dark in just one episode... ugh so tragic.

Damn, that conniving Taisha.

Rub salt in the wound would you?

That's a bit too much information is it not Itsuki? Unless it was part of some question.

SHIT that breakdown. Too bad the music was and wasn't fitting imo.

Still don't think the fight is over for them. Which makes things just that more heartbreaking. Hang in there girls.
Dec 4, 2014 9:04 PM

Aug 2007
I went into this show hoping it would be dark and boy am I glad I stuck with it. Wonderfully painful episode that handles emotional breakdown very well. The earlier episodes did a good job at establishing empathy for the girls so that when things get bad one feels very deeply for them.

And Tougo pulling out a knife and trying to kill herself was pure gold. At first I was afraid she'd be the usual smart but very shy character who just wants everyone to be happy but isn't all relevant to the plot and has to be rescued over and over again but fortunately I was proven completely wrong.
She is smart, determined and highly capable and I'm afraid something awful will come her way next week.
Dec 4, 2014 9:10 PM

Mar 2014
Wow, that was intense. My stomach actually dropped when I thought Togo had up and killed herself right in front of her friends, and not just because she's been my favorite character in the series either. That said, I have to give some love to Fu (and to her seiyuu). Her character was absolutely the right choice to carry this episode, with the reality of their situation coming crashing down on her the hardest as the group leader, and the way she kept trying to delay and deny acknowledging the truth that was staring them in the face just made it all that much more painful in the end.

The use of the music was fantastic in this episode too. They not only knew when to use it (and I LOVE the new audio track that played during Togo's demonstration - seriously, just release this OST so I can buy it already!), they knew exactly when to turn the music off, too. The complete silence during Fu and Itsuki's horribly awkward dinner really added to the tension of that scene, and then ending with the girls fighting each other to the tune of Itsuki's audition song. Which, BTW, was one of those times when I wish I knew Japanese so that I'd know what Itsuki was singing in her lyrics - I have to think that would probably add even more punch to the scene, and it's already pretty powerful as it is.
Dec 4, 2014 9:24 PM

Aug 2007
WingKing said:
Which, BTW, was one of those times when I wish I knew Japanese so that I'd know what Itsuki was singing in her lyrics - I have to think that would probably add even more punch to the scene, and it's already pretty powerful as it is.

I wasn't paying much attention to the lyrics but it's about being filled with hope and having one's voice reach someone. And how glad Itsuki is to have met the person to whom the song is dedicated. It ends with 'Thank you, always"
Dec 5, 2014 1:01 AM

Aug 2013
at first i wanted some tragedy like this to befall them but now...now im just sad
Yo
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

142 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 8, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

98 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 8, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

58 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 7, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2014

67 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 4, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2014

112 by Fabrizio00 »»
Feb 26, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.