Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2014 9:44 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, seeing a pissed off Aladdin is quite something. Now's probably not a good idea to get in his way. It's also good to see some of the characters like Alibaba, Sinbad, etc make their appearances in this chapter again. It's been awhile..
Sep 9, 2014 9:38 AM

Jun 2013
Very nice chapter! It really was good to see some of the old characters back, and I just adore the friendship between Aladdin, Alibaba and Morgiana.

I can't wait to see what's next!
Sep 9, 2014 11:14 PM

Sep 2010
Awww I like how Alibaba and Mor rush to Aladdin's side after he finished telling Alma Toran's tale.

Seems like Aladdin is asking for a cease fire between nations until the common enemy Al Thaman is defeated.

Hope Hakuryuu shows up in the next few weeks what the hell are him and Judal planning? I've been wondering this for almost a year.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 12, 2014 5:25 AM
Jul 2018
I wonder if Sin, Kouen and Muu will reach the same decision or everyone will have a different plan. Sin is already fighting Al-Thamen, and Kouen is intending to do so at some point after he accomplishes building that nest (probably referring to all of his subjects, the good and the bad, that he will turn into a weapon against Al-Thamen). This chapter also contained more foreshadowing regarding the mysterious nature of Yunan, who, according to Sinbad, was the one who caused dungeons to appear in the current era. In the past, did every magi have more than one king candidate like Judar and Scheherazade has/had? I'm assuming that the seven sea alliance kings might've been approached by Yunan.

What's with Sinbad addressing Solomon and having his name between quatation marks (checked manga kansou and the Japanese version had the same thing)? Did the Alma Toran story give him some sort of an inspiration? Also, glad to see more of Seishuu; I really came to like him after reading vol 22 omake. I would love to see more interaction between him and Seishun, whether in the manga or one of the omakes/papers.

And man, we didn't get to have a good view of Masrur :(
Sep 12, 2014 6:31 AM

Jun 2013
O.O Wow, Friendship between Aladdin, Morgiana and Alibaba is so Nice. really like it. Nothing can break this friendship. And Alibaba concluded entire Alma Torran Arc to his wonders. Aladdin is all feelings that Sheba and Solomon and their Followers wanted their Kingdom to be.

Now political fighting about Aladdin start at the hole new level..at least that is what I think.
Sinbad is pretty shocked I see. first time ever seen him so Speechless.

....Oh man....This can get seriously ugly.
JarjaxleSep 12, 2014 6:42 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Sep 12, 2014 7:17 AM

Jul 2010
MOR I MISSED YOU ♥ -kicks Alibaba into corner- Seriously tho, i love their trio, such great friendship =)
Cannot wait to see decisions of all 3 leaders.Sinbad is smiling, and when he's smiling things are bad.Kouen on other hand looks pissed off, no idea what he's thinking now.
Can't wait to see next chap, things might get crazy!
Sep 12, 2014 8:34 AM

Aug 2010
Morgiana!!! How I missed her <3<3

Loved the friendship between the 3 ^^ And BA Aladdin was nice to see :D

Dat cliffy though! I wonder what they'll choose ^^; Sinbad made quite some interesting faces this chp :3
Sep 12, 2014 9:12 AM

May 2013
Now we are finally back from that flashback. Can't wait to see what their decision is.
Sep 12, 2014 10:07 AM

Jan 2013
I feel that Hakuryuu and Judal might show up very soon.
Sep 12, 2014 12:49 PM

Feb 2012
Awesome chapter, glad that we're back in present.

Dat last page doe, you can already tell by their face reactions who will agree to peace terms and who will not. :D
Sep 12, 2014 1:10 PM

Apr 2014
Tbh, I found the flashback quite boring compared to the other arcs. I'm glad it's finished.
Sep 12, 2014 3:59 PM

Feb 2013
So we're back? Don't know why, but the interaction between Aladdin, Morgiana and Alibaba seemed forced. Maybe it's just because I haven't seen them for all this time.

Well, it's gonna take a bit to get used all these characters after the really enjoyable flashback.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Sep 12, 2014 4:49 PM

Apr 2008
Thimolimo said:
Tbh, I found the flashback quite boring compared to the other arcs. I'm glad it's finished.

You're the reason we can't have nice things >_>
Sep 12, 2014 5:00 PM
Jul 2018
I like a good backstory as much as the next guy but tbh I also found it rather dull.
Sep 12, 2014 9:01 PM
Aug 2013
Woo! We're back! It's great that Morg and Alibaba immediately think of Aladdin.
But I'm mad at myself for having even a smidgen of faith in all of those idiots. They aren't asking for all of the nations to be at peace, it's only temporary. I should have known, though, that those idiots would argue about stupid things. If I saw something like they just saw, I'd be stunned silent and I'd realize that political boundaries aren't the most important thing right now! Gosh darnit.
Sep 13, 2014 1:41 AM

Jun 2008
My god their faces at the end , hope they reach the same goal somehow since its retarded to fight at this point while Al-Thamen is almost attacking
and wow mad Aladdin is mad lmao didnt expect that from him hahaha and best scene is Alibaba and Morgiana reaching for Aladdin <3
and even if the Alma Torran arc wasn't as exciting as the others as some of you suggest , it is very necessary to happen sooner or later so we know the past
Sep 13, 2014 4:17 AM

Feb 2011
Thimolimo said:

I agree. I get it that it was necessary for the plot and I know its importance but the cat is that it took away a lot of my interest. This chapter was finally interesting.
Sep 13, 2014 2:15 PM

Dec 2011
Even with those words of Aladdin, I still don't think they will have a ceasefire. We will probably get another Alma Toran with the Al Thamen still there.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2014 2:52 PM
Jun 2014
Yay! Back to the present.
The whole flashback was ok...

But I'm glad they're finally back! Really liked this chapter.
Awwh, it was too cute seeing the trio again. Mor, Alibaba, and Aladdin <3
Can't wait to see what's up next~
Sep 14, 2014 12:12 AM

Aug 2012
I wonder if Sinbad just has similar enough qualities to have really identified with Solomon and the turns of his story, or there's something more to it.
Sep 14, 2014 2:39 AM

Jun 2011
I'm glad the flah back was over, but disappointed on how fast paced it turned. But I'm happy to see Alibaba there again.
Sep 14, 2014 3:18 AM

Apr 2012
So Alma Toran arc just ended? Good. Time to resume this.
Sep 18, 2014 1:25 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That was one long flashback. But now we know the mysteries of the past and the story becomes more straightforward.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 27, 2014 5:41 PM

May 2013
Nice.
Nov 20, 2015 11:54 AM

Sep 2014
Awesome chapter, I really enjoyed the flashback.
Never seen Aladdin so pissed off.
Dec 31, 2018 10:43 AM

Nov 2016
I can understand what you all mean. That took over 20 chapters and reading all of that weekly can become real tiring. But I just binge-read all of it and it was incredible. Trust me, it's a lot better when you go through all that backstory in one go.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

» What's the best and worst Arc in Magi?

coolasianbro - Feb 11, 2021

8 by LeonhartAugust »»
Apr 20, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 369 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2017

86 by mizukasa »»
Mar 23, 8:16 AM

» The Nen Show Podcast - Magi and Sinbad

MuffinManTho - Mar 17

0 by MuffinManTho »»
Mar 17, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 27 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Sep 25, 2011

9 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 26, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 7 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Jul 13, 2011

12 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 19, 5:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.