Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 16, 2014 11:11 PM

May 2012
Great episode, I like the art style. Complainers probably have a < 2 second attention span
Sep 19, 2014 6:50 PM

Dec 2013
akemism said:
This arc was so bad and I'm happy it's ending tbh...

I wish Erwin would die though Dx don't get me wrong, I like him but he doesn't really contribute much to the plot

as for levi, he's just boring

What? I disagree. Not to rile you up or anything, but do you mind elaborating on how he hasn't contributed much to the plot?
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Sep 19, 2014 10:25 PM

Jul 2013
Kuro_Yuuki said:
akemism said:
This arc was so bad and I'm happy it's ending tbh...

I wish Erwin would die though Dx don't get me wrong, I like him but he doesn't really contribute much to the plot

as for levi, he's just boring

What? I disagree. Not to rile you up or anything, but do you mind elaborating on how he hasn't contributed much to the plot?

It's the opposite, he's been doing a whole lot. Not sure why akemism would say that.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 20, 2014 12:54 AM

Dec 2009
I used to think that SnK was way too immeshed in traditional shonen tropes. But this recent Coup d'etat arc has made me revise that view quite a bit.

I am a fan of political intrigue and this one appealed to me. Certainly raised my views on this series.
Sep 20, 2014 8:25 PM

Aug 2007
Damn, I see a lot of people here who just don't get it. This isn't The Walking Dead where all they do is escape Titans. There has ALWAYS been an ulterior darkness to this series and a mystery as to why they are being controlled by the government and Titans. This arc was so so intriguing and had much more substance than just people being eaten. Grow up, children.
Sep 21, 2014 11:29 AM

Apr 2014
I thought this revolution arc was going to be longer then that and it made it a bit boring for me, but I'm happy it ended now and it ended this way
Now we can get back to titans and stuff(mostly titans)
Sep 21, 2014 11:33 AM

Dec 2013
bwahahachick said:
Damn, I see a lot of people here who just don't get it. This isn't The Walking Dead where all they do is escape Titans. There has ALWAYS been an ulterior darkness to this series and a mystery as to why they are being controlled by the government and Titans. This arc was so so intriguing and had much more substance than just people being eaten. Grow up, children.

This. +1000.
Sep 21, 2014 12:41 PM

Oct 2013
RedSavarin said:
I thought this revolution arc was going to be longer then that and it made it a bit boring for me, but I'm happy it ended now and it ended this way
Now we can get back to titans and stuff(mostly titans)

The arc is not over yet, we still have a chapter and one more volume to go, basically five more chapters to go. The human vs government struggle is basically over though.
Sep 22, 2014 1:00 AM
Jul 2011
This was a good arc for the series, I like how they keep digging deeper and more layers is being revealed just wtf the world of AoT is really about. Makes the whole series overall have some more substance.
Sep 22, 2014 10:22 AM

Apr 2013
interesting arc.

so eren and historia will be the focus now i guess.
Sep 23, 2014 7:03 AM
Sep 2014
Um what? People actually disliked this arc? I thought it was fantastic.
Sep 24, 2014 10:17 AM

Sep 2011
whatever. I expect TITANS for once and all.
This arc wasn't that bad, but as a pseudo-political mystery thriller was weak. SnK does best in action things.
Sep 28, 2014 8:35 AM
May 2014
Rannta said:
This arc wasn't that bad, but as a pseudo-political mystery thriller was weak. SnK does best in action things.
This series is a mystery thriller not an action based show. The mystery is what hook you to the series, the action is just extra dessert.
Sep 28, 2014 9:04 AM

Oct 2013
peskylemur25 said:
Rannta said:
This series is a mystery thriller not an action based show. The mystery is what hook you to the series, the action is just extra dessert.

All of this. The majority of fans think it's a full blown action series, especially the casuals.
Sep 28, 2014 9:23 AM

Nov 2012
robis798 said:
bwahahachick said:

This. +1000.
Sep 29, 2014 1:32 AM

Oct 2013
Damn it's been a while since I logged on or posted anything.

Anyway...I don't get why a lot of people are complaining about this arc? For some reason I was under the impression that the majority of SnK fans were mature, but then I remembered a lot of people only read this manga to see death and gore. Still I'm glad to know that at least half of the people on this discussion board can see the importance of this revolution.

As entertaining as it is to see humans get eaten by deformed mentally impared giants, this uprising was a breath of fresh air for me. Yes, the pacing was a little slow and the arc had its boring parts but seeing all the planning, maneuvering, and sacrifices made it all worth while in my book. We learned a lot of secrets that would not have been uncovered if we didn't take a break from the titan action. Not to mention the character development of some of the main cast. Hell we even got some insight on minor characters like Nile Dawk and Dimo Reeves. Lol! It turns out that they weren't heartless douchebags after all!

The point is we can't take such a great series for granted. Attack on Titan is more than just its name sake. Not only is it violent and brutal, its also elaborate, diverse and filled with mystery.

Think about it guys... we are only 61 chapters in and we have barely scratched the surface of the truth behind this story's conflict. There are plenty of complaints yet we still want to learn where RBA come from? We want to learn about that ape titan, and most of all we want to know who the fuck decided to turn humans into titans in the first place!? And with this arc even more secrets have been added to the mix.

No matter how the storyline progresses we keep coming back for more waiting for Isayama to reveal the truth behind these unknowns. Being an aspiring writer myself, I can appreciate his manipulative skills.

Got to give the man his credit. He's a freaking writing genius!
APracticalStonerSep 30, 2014 2:47 AM
"I'm saying that guns aren't for threats, they're for actions."-Shanks
Sep 29, 2014 1:18 PM

Jul 2010
I really enjoyed this arc ! It just confirmed that humans can even be a bigger threat to each others.
We didn't get the answers to all of our questions but i think we got a decent amount of hints.
I was glad to see Levi squad in action learning to fight in a different battlefield. Wasn't Armin the one who grew the most ?
And Mikasa's face when hearing the name Ackerman. Even Levi didn't know about it apparently which is a bit weird considering that he spent time with Kenny >_>
Ah and commander Erwin, i didn't want to believe that he was gonna be executed and was so relieved when he wasn't.This guy never fails to impress me. I also feel like his death is near and that it'll be in an epic scene but i won't accept it D:
Sep 29, 2014 2:03 PM

Oct 2013
r3yn said:
I really enjoyed this arc ! It just confirmed that humans can even be a bigger threat to each others.
We didn't get the answers to all of our questions but i think we got a decent amount of hints.
I was glad to see Levi squad in action learning to fight in a different battlefield. Wasn't Armin the one who grew the most ?
And Mikasa's face when hearing the name Ackerman. Even Levi didn't know about it apparently which is a bit weird considering that he spent time with Kenny >_>
Ah and commander Erwin, i didn't want to believe that he was gonna be executed and was so relieved when he wasn't.This guy never fails to impress me. I also feel like his death is near and that it'll be in an epic scene but i won't accept it D:

The arc isn't over yet. The human conflict seems to be over, But the arc will end on volume 16. We are currently at volume 15. so five more chapters are left until this arc is over, and that's where season 2 will end at.
Oct 28, 2014 10:23 AM
Oct 2014
Damn. I can't believe we have to wait for the next chapters :( I read all 61 published chapters in less than three days. xD

Anyway, I'm wondering something. If a Titan eating a shifter makes him into a Titan shifter, does that mean that any Titan, after eating a Shifter, can become something as out of the ordinary as the Colossal or Armoured or Dancing or Female Titan? Or is it only those special Titans to begin with that are allowed to eat Shifters? Or will a normal Titan remain big and fat and ugly and normal (even if more intelligent) even after eating a Shifter? Basically, does eating a Shifter change the nature of the Titan's form itself, besides allowing it to absorb those Shifting abilities?

Wtf am I even thinking.
Oct 28, 2014 4:27 PM

Mar 2011
KuraraOkumura said:
Damn. I can't believe we have to wait for the next chapters :( I read all 61 published chapters in less than three days. xD

Anyway, I'm wondering something. If a Titan eating a shifter makes him into a Titan shifter, does that mean that any Titan, after eating a Shifter, can become something as out of the ordinary as the Colossal or Armoured or Dancing or Female Titan? Or is it only those special Titans to begin with that are allowed to eat Shifters? Or will a normal Titan remain big and fat and ugly and normal (even if more intelligent) even after eating a Shifter? Basically, does eating a Shifter change the nature of the Titan's form itself, besides allowing it to absorb those Shifting abilities?

Wtf am I even thinking.

If I understood your points well, and based on Ymir case, a Titan visual form will not change after eating a Shifter, except it will be able to switch back to its human previous form.
Reiner and Bertholdt were able to recognize Ymir by sight, when she turned into her titan form. And she didn't looked any different from their flashbacks of her first encounter when she was still a "full" titan.

Thanks to your point, I'm wondering something in the case of R&B's friend. If he was like the others, with some abilities, does Ymir gained these ?
If yes, what are these abilities ?
If no, then how does really these "special abilities" are gained ?

(hope my post is understandable, not my native language sorry)
EdvokiyaOct 28, 2014 4:31 PM
Committing a crime isn't scary.
The scary part is to admit it.

Receiving a punishment isn't scary.
The scary part is to know the pain of it.

Neither crime nor punishment will be gone from the world,
Because humans are unable to know their future.
Nov 2, 2014 8:59 PM

Oct 2010
This is great... It's unraveling pieces by pieces. After the revelation of the rotten monarchy, I'm very interested which part will Isayama tackle next.

Again with Erwin's creepy smile :)
Jan 15, 2015 6:04 AM

Jul 2013
Wow people are really saying it's a boring arc? In my opinion it was the best one so far, I'd take it over fighting titans (although I missed them lol). Now I just want to know what is the deal with Reiner, Berthold and their "village". Also come on Annie wake up, you've been in that crystal for a while now.

Does anyone else have a feeling that this manga is ending? I mean I've read the author wants at least 2 more years but I don't know how much she/he can keep doing it, it feels like it's coming to an end with the government taken down and now they even know why titans want to devour humans. I just hope he doesn't drag the manga too much.
Jan 21, 2015 3:39 PM

Jan 2012
lol what a king.isn't all kings are like him

Apr 11, 2015 2:39 PM

Aug 2013
For a moment, I really thought that Reiner and Bertolt had came back to fuck shit up. That would have been hilarious. Everyone is deep into political intrigue, Reiner and Bertolt just passing by... But in the end, the Royal Government have dismissed. Finally. I thought the King was an asshole, but he was just a senile old man acting as a puppet... :/

Eren don't seem to be in a great position. Historia dad seem a bit fucked up too.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 20, 2015 6:29 PM

Jun 2007
MewtwoMckenzie said:
So that's the end of the most boring, underwhelming piece of crap in all of Attack on Titan and it ended the same as the rest of the arc. Boring. This chapter was much better than the rest of this "arc" but it wasn't good. It was a good plan but just presented poorly, this could have been so much better, this could have been amazing. Isayama can't write stuff like this, he should stick to the fast paced action and thrills and gore like how Attack on Titan was when it was enjoyable. I wish the Titans actually did breach the wall so we could get back to some good stuff. As for the art, parts of the chapter were okay and parts were down right shit. I've seen inconsistency in art in manga from chapter to chapter but not so bad page by page.

The series was most likely originally going to end like it nearly did in ch50, before Eren's SUDDEN titan controlling ability, going on Isayama's comments about changing the ending. Everything that happened inside the wall with the military police and some guy called Kenny and his Wild West flying gun squad was so obviously created solely to extend the series it pissed me off. It was bad enough when Reiner and Bert talked in confused circles since there was so little plot and nothing was revealed, but getting stuck in non-titan subplot hell where nothing was revealed apart from the titans being linked to the monarchy - which was obvious and required a description and no more - was a joke.

The switch from titans to humans reminded me of a zombie game where, instead of fighting zombies, you fight humans with guns instead. DON'T DO THAT! This is Attack on Titan: NOT Attack on Humans. Spending 12chs/A YEAR with no titans when, at most, 1vol was required to convey the information required... it isn't about wanting action: it's about the series staying true to itself. I mean, v15 consisted of news reporters, 1D idiot rulers and some fat kid becoming 'boss'... with Eren ACTUALLY APPEARING at the very end. Godawful pacing.

I loved Shingeki when it first started. Was one of the first readers on MAL. But Isayama is coward without the balls to kill any characters in a survival series and just end a series when it's good. It might as well be the monthly Naruto at this point if light political intrigue and only old mentor goodies dying is all it has to offer, with extension arcs.
Jun 6, 2015 10:51 PM

May 2012
Let Eren be eaten.

4/10 for this chap.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 13, 2015 5:57 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I knew it would be fake news because it would have been too coincidental if it was true. Intense chapter, I hope they keep this up. The end with Eren and the chains though O.O

5/5
Oct 8, 2015 9:54 AM

Dec 2013
FUUUUUUUUUUUU tat felt intense as fuck. I was at the edge of my seat all the time. ERWIN SMITH IS THE DEFINITION OF PERFECTION. i can't believe everything went like that. God so perfect. I wish i had everything he has in his mind for preparations like that in exams godddddd so perfect
Dec 1, 2015 3:25 PM

Sep 2014
The "king" jus casually sleeping no fucks given lol
Glad to see those bastards finally brought to justice.
Jun 22, 2016 5:56 PM

Feb 2013
Oh this was such and interesting arc. One of the best.
Jan 9, 2017 9:22 AM

May 2016
Turns out that from the beginning, Erwin and Pixis already had their grasp on the situation! It was awesome to see the monarchy's foundation crumble along with the Central MP due to the combined efforts of the Survey Corps, the Garrison and the publishing company.

Fritzy annoyed me because he just had one smug pose for so long but he was asleep the whole time :P

Their names are cleared; now it's time for them to get Eren and Historia back~ *Sasha cling*

Oh my. 50 Shades of Titan Green's about ta premiere and Krista's in the front seat~

Jan 13, 2017 5:50 PM

Jun 2015
cliothekira said:

This sums it up pretty much.
This political arc has been very good so far and had to be addressed at some point. The huge power that the monarchy has and the corruption that is inside it and the MP within the walls was hinted and shown many times since the start of the manga. So it was very important to touch this matter for the plot to advance for later events and to discover some of the mysteries that the series hides.
For those who say that this arc is unnecessary or bad just go watch some teenager shows like naruto, fairy tail or sao till you mature a bit.
Feb 10, 2017 10:04 AM

Dec 2014
well the tables turned ...I was not expecting that....
Apr 16, 2017 12:30 PM

Apr 2015
All the elite people were weaklings and fat af...

Btw what was that ending?!@
Jun 20, 2017 12:37 AM

Jul 2013
I dont usually go for political conflict, but I felt like this arc handled it pretty well. There was still enough suspense and excitement, plus character and world development is always great.
Sep 24, 2017 12:24 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Erwin-Praxis strategy end perfect, but now start a civil war :/
Aug 4, 2019 12:54 PM

Mar 2014
thank god the royal government is defeated, they are a bunch of selfish fucks that don't give a shit about the public. Pixis' decision to test them with a fake announcement of a wall breach was very wise. I'm glad he decided to trust Erwin on this one. Erwin though, what a man. He bet so much on this, and of course he was right.

I really like the political commentary and how it might connect to reality. Isayama has weaved this coup d'etat wonderfully, combining many elements together and resolving them in this chapter in a very satisfying way.

With this being dealt with, Kenny, Eren and Historia must be the next.
Feb 20, 2020 8:21 PM

Jan 2016
Daaamn shits getting super dramatic

Everyone turned on the nobles rule too! Hell yeah!
Dec 25, 2020 1:20 PM

Sep 2011
Erwin is the king of the gamble. Every crazy plan of him work flawless, the man is a genius.

Now it's time of the battle between Levi's squad and Kenny's group.
Dec 31, 2020 1:44 AM

Nov 2020
Erwin and Pixis trolled the government hard. Also the fact that the king was asleep the whole time is hilarious
Man, listen to them tear into me. Good thing I'm used to it.

Apr 22, 2021 1:43 PM

Nov 2019
This chapter was really awesome and a great conclusion to this intriguing golpe!
I’m looking forward to go back to Eren and Historia tho
PumaZ3TAApr 22, 2021 1:51 PM
Jan 18, 2022 1:54 AM
Sep 2020
Oh my !That was a satisfying conclusion to this subplot only to be cliffhanged by another 😂🤦🏻

5/5
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1875 by Berry-Vodka »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.