Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 29, 2014 11:37 PM

Oct 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
WHAT or eewww!?!? (can't decide with which reaction to go with) can't believe Franky just kiss that fat lady, guess that's one way to stop your opponent

Ah at last the Tontatta Princess, Manshelly has appeared!
thats great Oda-sensei is making the other characters appear but want Law's and Mingo's flashback or at least how things are going with Sabo vs Fujitora, something more interesting
Jul 29, 2014 11:45 PM

Jun 2014
Another boring chapter, same slow pacing, the series is dragging, it feels like I'm watching the anime version of one piece.

Oda get your shit together! And why are you delaying Law flashback? The manga has been so boring from lately, oda needs to bring in something into this series to spice up these boring ass chapters.

2.5/5 Oda stop slacking off!
*Checks SetsukoHara favorite list.* has one piece as favorite in manga section. Confirm op fanboy. Tries to change subject because I'm talking negative about his favorite series. One piece fanboy logic detected.
Jul 30, 2014 1:13 AM

Oct 2013
Nipple-Lights, huh? :3

So Manshelly has a unique power too? What could that be?
Jul 30, 2014 1:39 AM

Mar 2014
Manly men Franky and Senor I m gonna through up on them and then on their manliness xDDD

Most epic battle starts all over again, huh?? :"D
Jul 30, 2014 1:43 AM

Nov 2013
Not a bad chapter. I admit I really laughed after the kiss scene.

"The Puppy love of a young girl ... is disgusting !"

"How can they both be so manly ? !"

ah ah :D

Too bad Oda exhausted his audience with all these useless scenes with random guys talking in the last 10 chapters

Average for me. 3/5
Jul 30, 2014 1:44 AM

Mar 2014
This is just .. Disgusting ..ly .. cool !!
Princess on prison !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2014 1:55 AM

Dec 2013
Another slow chapter. The kiss was so wierd and random to me. Though I laughed when people were commenting on their manliness. 3/5
Jul 30, 2014 1:55 AM

Apr 2014
Pretty funny stuff with Franky! I really want to see more badass stuff from Luffy or Zoro soon though.
Jul 30, 2014 2:13 AM

Aug 2010
The manliness stuff was lol but rest was still meh. Don't care about the Tonttata. I do wonder what the princesses power is though?
Jul 30, 2014 2:20 AM

Jan 2014
that kiss lol
Jul 30, 2014 3:09 AM
Sep 2013
Patience fellow fans! Its true we want all the good things right at this very moment- Law's flashback, Doflamingo's past, CP0s status, Zoro/Luffy in action, Fujitora vs Sabo, Sanji and company etc- but we need to know about the story too. One Piece is all about story. Without story, actions are meaningless. And when the time'll come we will get an action overdose that's for sure.
Crocodile connected us with the Ponyglyph. DD connected us with the WG. This arc IS important.

Now as the smile factory is being opened, do you think there are some already manufactured artificial zoan devil fruits for delivey to Kaido?
Is it possible for Burgess to get his hand on one of these fruits? Probably a very powerful one? Black-beard crew is a opportunistic one no denying that.
Jul 30, 2014 3:28 AM
Nobody

Jul 2013
Franky has a good taste in woman
Jul 30, 2014 3:29 AM

May 2013
JOAOAA said:

Yes and Techniques "Nipple Lights"
Jul 30, 2014 3:52 AM

Jul 2013
Nothing interesting happened. I just want to see Zoro and Peeka actually fight already. Usopp is being quite the annoyance as usual.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2014 4:10 AM

Oct 2011
"Diaper bomb!"
"Nipple lights!"

How... manly...
Jul 30, 2014 4:21 AM
Apr 2014
someone's gonna get mad jealous when franky get the girls after kickin' Senior ass... HELL'S GOIN' BREAK LOOSE! Fraland is THE MAN!
Jul 30, 2014 4:32 AM

Apr 2013
another boring chapter.

at the current pace it feels like it wont be done until 2015

had some humor though so 2/5

hopefully OP gets good again soon
Jul 30, 2014 4:45 AM
Sep 2012
Franky you are a baddie and the bravest character I know, kissing that vacuum woman, that is brave. I think I would rather fight Doflamingo, heck I think I rather kiss Doflamingo than kiss her, but whatever floats your boat Franky Now Franky vs Senor Pink has now turned into a battle of love of the hand of the maiden.

We didn't see the full face of the princess, but Oda and his repeating character design, the princess looked like Sugar to me. I know that is impossible, but wouldn't that be a twist. Ha ha.
blfanJul 30, 2014 4:54 AM
Jul 30, 2014 4:50 AM

Jun 2013
So Senor is hard-boiled...but even if he is follower of Doflamingo...he is good guy...willing to help weak old lady's?

Tontantta rebellion start...and now Franky too joins into fray...And lol, Payback is truly a bitch, using Senor's Move against him? XD Wait Franky..WHAT!!!! Lol, so 2 Hard Boiled man fight...round 2 start. or is it already Round 3?

So Tontantta Princess have some kind of powers eh? something to do with Smile? Selfish Princess does not looks that much selfish in this chapter
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jul 30, 2014 5:28 AM

Jun 2012
Hmm, kinda boring again tbh. I'm not expecting crazy action and fights right away, but this is just becoming a little boring :(
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Jul 30, 2014 5:35 AM

Oct 2008
Huh. Maybe there's more to the design, but princess Mansherry's hairstyle looks similar to Tamaura's original hairstyle Kadi Fedoruk's websomic, Blindsprings.

Jul 30, 2014 5:39 AM
Jul 2014
The chapter's alright, honestly it's about time the story moved in another direction. Lol at Kanjuro's badly drawn ladders. Franky's a true playa, even with the ugliest fat chicks. Bet Princess Mansherry has some power that will disrupt the Birdcage. Next time shit will go down. 4/5
Also, every time I read Pica's lines, I think of a Mickey Mouse voice.
Jul 30, 2014 5:41 AM

Oct 2008
apachelsalvador said:
Also, every time I read Pica's lines, I think of a Mickey Mouse voice.

You should hear the members of the Unofficial One Piece Podcast read his lines in the manga.
Jul 30, 2014 5:46 AM

Jul 2014
I thought the chapter was alright since we got a lot of story progression for once

Jul 30, 2014 6:12 AM

May 2013
He definitely shut her up with that kiss.
Jul 30, 2014 6:13 AM
Jul 2018
Not a bad chapter. Having just rewatched Enies Lobby that is what this last set of chapters is starting to feel like. Where you want it to focus just a little more but it still jumps around a bit during each episode/chapter. Also the bits and pieces of each fight before we finally get the full battle. The format is the closest to this even if the story is way different.
removed-userJul 30, 2014 6:23 AM
Jul 30, 2014 6:51 AM

Jan 2008
Franky has more game than Sanji, what does he has to say about that?

I must say I'm getting pretty bored with Dressrosa too. At first glance there is so much going on, chaos everywhere but it somehow feels so bland. Also Doflamingo's goons are so meh it hurts (Senor Pink takes the cake). At least we are more or less heading to the end and I hope Oda will switch to Sanji's group at least for a chapter because I assume that after Dressrosa panic the aftermath and Luffy's decision what to do next must happen, and maybe Law's drama or whatever Oda has in store for him. I hope he will deal with this quick, I don't really care about Law and his problems.
CiaraJul 30, 2014 7:30 AM
Jul 30, 2014 6:53 AM

Jun 2014
This was one of the most awkward chapters....Franky kissing that fat woman and nipple light (come on!)
Jul 30, 2014 8:15 AM

Jun 2013
I didn´t really like the Franky part of this chapter (which was most of it), but I was atleast happy that Oda was focusing on one place for a change - until he jumped away right as senior pink and franky were starting their battle (again) -.-

Please Oda! Just focus! He jumps away as it gets interesting all the time, and when he gets back to it he just goes into a completely different direction.

The last time Oda jumped away from Franky was as he was about to start fighting Pink... so pretty much the same exact thing we are at now.

Can we please get some progress into this story? o_O
Jul 30, 2014 8:35 AM

Nov 2012
The only entertaining part was with Senor and Franky, I was laughing xDD

Everything else = meh, lots of Tontatta focused stuff. We get like 1 page of Zoro, nothing of fuji/sabo, nothing of law flashback, and luffy still has not gotten to destination. I guess this princess character is important somehow b/c of her power.
Jul 30, 2014 8:39 AM

Nov 2012
confused_Imakuni said:
I didn´t really like the Franky part of this chapter (which was most of it), but I was atleast happy that Oda was focusing on one place for a change - until he jumped away right as senior pink and franky were starting their battle (again) -.-

Please Oda! Just focus! He jumps away as it gets interesting all the time, and when he gets back to it he just goes into a completely different direction.

The last time Oda jumped away from Franky was as he was about to start fighting Pink... so pretty much the same exact thing we are at now.

Yep hes been jumping way to fucking much for quite a while now. I would prefer it if he chose to focus on certain battles/situations for a few chapters at at time and then we are informed on how the others turned out. We don't have to see everything, so I wish he would focus on the really important/entertaining stuff going on right now that he's been ignoring/cutting away from !!!!

Can we please get some progress into this story? o_O
Jul 30, 2014 8:44 AM

Sep 2013
^ I can't believe after more than 750 chapters people are still saying this.

F*ck Zoro and Pica, I want Franky and Senor Pink XD

Mansherry might possess an ancient weapon or her ability is that weapon :O
Jul 30, 2014 9:17 AM

Dec 2012
Franky, you were so cool & manly.

4/5
Jul 30, 2014 9:32 AM

Feb 2014
The factory manager was such a useless character addition...
かいぞくおうにおれはなる!
Jul 30, 2014 9:47 AM

Dec 2011
Okay, that was really boring. We need some progress on Luffy and Law to Doflamingo, or even Sabo vs Fujitora.
Jul 30, 2014 9:54 AM

Sep 2011
BEST.CHAPTER.EVER!!!

I never expected Franky to do that, so damn funny. Hard-boiled fight between men, can't wait. After last weeks so-so chapter, this was so damn enjoyable. My respect for Franky just went up a tier after this chapter.

Highlight of the chapter for me:

Man after reading some of the comments in here I really wonder why over half of you even bother reading One Piece. You are all sounding like this.

One Piece is a comedy adventure manga, it's never been about serious fights. It's always been lighthearted. Oda always goes back and forth between characters during their fights, this isn't anything new. I think considering the previous slow chapters we had gotten. This is one of the best, this is a chapter was quintessential One Piece.
FullmetalRaikouJul 30, 2014 10:02 AM
Jul 30, 2014 12:17 PM

Jul 2013
ichii_1 said:

I had the same thought. She could be the "Shirahoshi of Dressrosa". I hope it's not a devil fruit power again
Jul 30, 2014 12:24 PM
Jul 2018
ichii_1 said:
^ I can't believe after more than 750 chapters peole are still saying this.
Yeah, this has literally been the case for years before the TS. It's just far less noticeable in a marathon. In general it seems to me that a lot of people are unable to handle weekly manga. Dunno why so many continue to read some series each week when they would enjoy it more in large chunks. I mean look how much people love the CP9 arc when it moves just as slow if not slower than this arc.

I mean it's definitely a fair complaint but nothing particularly new, if people find the weekly pacing so horrible you would think they would know better than to continue reading it weekly.

Edit: I just looked it up, it took about 80 chapters for Luffy to start fighting Lucci. About 70 before the other fights really got down to business. Several of the fights in Dressrosa have already begun/been set up but 55 chapter into CP9 Luffy wasn't even fighting Blueno.
removed-userJul 30, 2014 1:55 PM
Jul 30, 2014 12:54 PM

Mar 2014
NaughtyNoddy said:
ichii_1 said:

I had the same thought. She could be the "Shirahoshi of Dressrosa". I hope it's not a devil fruit power again

The last part of the chapter was a downer for me because of Princess Manshelly. When I first found out about her, I thought she was going to be a bitch to make up for her small size. Now that I've seen her for the first time, she seems like she's Princess Shirahoshi 2.0

I liked that Shirahoshi was cute, but she was so annoying because she was so damn moe. This new princess seems to be no different. We'll just have to see how she really turns out to be in future chapters, and maybe I'll change my mind about her.
Rushing to the sound of battle to protect those who can't.
My theme when I'm epic and everyone knows it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux9YbzTeekg
My theme when I am in command:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9KzEMqWRFk
My theme when I am going to fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTEK8Nti3_U
Mytheme when warriors like me are no longer needed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3wnN_PxUDY
Jul 30, 2014 2:20 PM

Jan 2009
I thought the chapter was well written too because there is almost no pause on the beginning parts of the chapter specially on the tontatta parts. sure there were only few major players in the chap but it was fun to read or maybe im just childish. i give this 7 out of 10 but what shock me most was when franky kissed the lady. I thought at first his gonna fire a laser from his mouth through hers kiling her in the process(but too violent though) but he didn't he just kissed. I realized then after that that was an underhanded technique right there because of how the enemy fights. an eye for an eye. beat the enemy at his own game. thats what i think franky did.
Jul 30, 2014 3:18 PM

Feb 2014
jpem said:
ichii_1 said:
^ I can't believe after more than 750 chapters peole are still saying this.
Yeah, this has literally been the case for years before the TS. It's just far less noticeable in a marathon. In general it seems to me that a lot of people are unable to handle weekly manga. Dunno why so many continue to read some series each week when they would enjoy it more in large chunks. I mean look how much people love the CP9 arc when it moves just as slow if not slower than this arc.

I mean it's definitely a fair complaint but nothing particularly new, if people find the weekly pacing so horrible you would think they would know better than to continue reading it weekly.

Edit: I just looked it up, it took about 80 chapters for Luffy to start fighting Lucci. About 70 before the other fights really got down to business. Several of the fights in Dressrosa have already begun/been set up but 55 chapter into CP9 Luffy wasn't even fighting Blueno.

Probably because it's seems too repetitive, where Luffy must wandering before he found the final boss. Actually it also kinda pissed me off.

The way Oda-sensei always switching scenes like that also really bad for me. While the plot certainly moving, but it's really hard to notice when in 1 chapter he switch the scenes like 5-8 times. I don't remember this style before on pre-ts.
Jul 30, 2014 6:49 PM

May 2012
what a funny chapter, Diapers vs Nipples lol.. . looks like Mario needs to save the princess..

Jul 30, 2014 7:59 PM

Jul 2013
Flashoftheback said:
jpem said:

Probably because it's seems too repetitive, where Luffy must wandering before he found the final boss. Actually it also kinda pissed me off.

The way Oda-sensei always switching scenes like that also really bad for me. While the plot certainly moving, but it's really hard to notice when in 1 chapter he switch the scenes like 5-8 times. I don't remember this style before on pre-ts.
I also hate this. Oda will be sucking us in with epic stuff like Law vs Doflamingo or Luffy vs Don Chinjao or something, then he'll switch to something crappy like Nami, Chopper and Brook fighting Jora (worst Straw Hats fighting the worst One Piece character).
Jul 30, 2014 8:27 PM

Jan 2014
LOL at early page, Kanjuro skill was so fun. Just like like parody of Sai from naruto

But franky kiss was disgusting, can't believe that guard she's only 20 years old.
Jul 30, 2014 8:50 PM
Jul 2018
Flashoftheback said:
jpem said:

Since Minagatachi used Don Chinjao as an example I'll go off that for my comparison.

Luffy Begins fighting Blueno in chapter 383. It then cuts away and jumps around between the strawhats and the franky family guys for abut 3 and a half chapters before finally going back to Luffy. Luffy goes gear third at the end of the chapter so we have to wait til chapter 388 for the fight to conclude. The jumping around stretches that fight into about 6 chapters.

The Chinjao fight starts in 216, it jumps away a few pages into 217 then finishes in 219. This fight happens over 4 chapters because of the jumping around.

So it was still a very much present factor, although it wasn't quite as frequent and is less noticeable in a marathon. Also I'm not really defending it btw, just pointing out how these things aren't some new thing. It can get pretty annoying during certain chapters.
removed-userJul 31, 2014 6:26 AM
Jul 31, 2014 3:06 AM

May 2013
Man One Piece has been so slow recently... Horrible chapter, it was funny but so slow. Pacing has been horrible lately :(

Jul 31, 2014 5:08 AM

Jun 2008
JOAOAA said:

Still a better love story than twilight.
Jul 31, 2014 7:06 AM

Mar 2014
I guess if some people here started reading one piece weekly from chapter one, they would've dropped it long ago because of the "pacing" which is nothing new at all as stated above.
Most people started reading op on weekly basis at ~Whitebeard war saga so they were used to intense action filled chapters which doesn't apply to the entirety of One Piece at all.
I give credits to Oda-sensei who manages so tease the fandom so much that those complaints from some fans simply underline his great work.
Jul 31, 2014 7:42 AM
Jul 2014
Funny but the pacing was not very good and i still don´t care for the tontattas. First time in a while i preferred the Naruto chapter to the One Piece chapter. 3/5
Jul 31, 2014 7:43 AM

Mar 2008
Oda wants that every straw hat haves his part in the chapter, but fot this part of the arc he removes 4 (nami, sanji,chopper and brook), so he only has to a 5 point of view history (luffy, zoro, usopp, robbin and franky) and make it feel like a real time history so Oda show the progress "atm" making it more hard to follow and slow, becouse is not a only point at the time but many and connected, becouse if you only see the zoro part you see that:
-- some body stoled his sword
-- now it needs his help
-- Luffy is in a colliseum fighting, zoro thinks:"I want to be there" but luffy goes out mission over pleasure oks.
-- now some stoned guy (pika) is in they way, the fight and pika scapes,
-- find luffy again, follow him
-- again the stoned guy this time he dont gonna scape....

Ignore the rest of the story and you get a wtf is happening here. maybe the only one that gets it all is God ussop,

And yet you get a story where in the end every thing is connected
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

31 by HueyLion »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Apr 24, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.