Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2008 8:51 PM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Onii-chan sacho!!! xD

Itsuki goes GAR sans eye...moves left...moves right...spins in midair...then tickles the larva with a burst of light that goes over a power level of 9000!!! Then he proceeds to faint...Kind of predictable...xD

This definitely confirms that Itsuki's eye has its own consciousness which is currently being repressed by Itsuki. Sekiren (monk dude) told him to fight with the eye instead of running away from it, more Itsuki GAR moments to come!

Waaaah I want my own Mikan ='(
or
A Kuroha in a meidu-fuku!!! xD

Next episode...Demon Rebellion...doesn't sound like the Mikan arc, but it does sound epic! Honami is back to teaching...I guess having someone younger than you teaching might hurt your self-esteem somewhat...

Pretty good episode, grab the release while its still hot!

Jan 28, 2008 12:17 AM

May 2007
Yeah, this episode is hawt! For once, Oniisan-sachou get the job done single-handedly but I wasn't too clear about Sekiren's membership. Great addition to Astral though. He never appeared before?
Jan 28, 2008 4:22 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yep, nice ep. Could've been a tad more serious even but it was cool how he finally managed to achieve something alone. ^^

Maybe they will now face stronger 'enemies'.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 28, 2008 11:54 AM
Dec 2007
ChiBuki said:
Yeah, this episode is hawt! For once, Oniisan-sachou get the job done single-handedly but I wasn't too clear about Sekiren's membership. Great addition to Astral though. He never appeared before?
Basically, the guy has been on a jorney up until now. And since Astral is pretty much run by Nekoyashiki and Honami, neither the President nor Kuroha (who's new to the team) knew about him. Itsuki really needs to get a handle on who his former and current employees are, and the incoming jobs for that matter.

As for the rest, I was wondering for a bit if perhaps the voice was actually part of the Larva's illusion, but if the eye does has a will of it's own it explains the Itsuki's change in both voice and attitude when he takes off the patch.BTW, We haven't been told exactly what happened to Itsuki's dad, right?

Jan 28, 2008 12:10 PM

Aug 2007
Nothing on Itsuki's dad yet...other than he disappeared and all.

Sekiren is a contractor I believe, let's just say that he works part-time at Astral whenever he is around.

The larva only turns your nightmares into reality within the magical polution, I think. Itsuki is still in full control of his body. Besides, Itsuki was kind of talking to the eye (well saying that he shouldn't take it off and whatnot).

I think the eye only activates whenever Itsuki is in danger. The parasite dies along with its host, so its imperative that Itsuki uses whatever means necessary to ensure his survival.
Jan 28, 2008 12:23 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
More than anything, I think I enjoyed Itsuki talking to the eye while refusing to take off the eye patch. As seen with the basilisk episode, however, it seems he can still see somewhat with the eye while the patch is on - he's just refusing to let it take full control of his mind. This is how I see it, anyway.

All of his screaming the beginning was really grating on my nerves however >.<

Honami was cute when she came to drop off his bento, and then started getting angry at him to cover her embarrassment ^^; I thought we'd learn a bit more about his dad in this ep, but I guess not :(

When are the other two guys in the OP going to show up??? And doesn't he need a new patch from that robot/chemist guy??
Jan 28, 2008 2:09 PM
Dec 2007
The Mecha guy would had made him a new eyepatch if he could. I think there's not much anyone can do for him. He has to take control of it instead of letting it take control of him.

As for how and when the eye manifests. I believe it's less a concern about his safety and more to do with the amount of spell wave contamination. At least that how the pattern seems to be so far.

Jan 28, 2008 4:00 PM

Aug 2007
Still think the eye only activates whenever Itsuki is in a pinch...

Anyone else notice how the armor dude was THIS close to piercing Itsuki's family jewels? That would have been hilarious...xD
Jan 28, 2008 4:12 PM

Jan 2007
Meido Kuroha <333333333333333333333
Jan 28, 2008 4:14 PM
Dec 2007
Faust721 said:
Too much Kuroha, Not enough Mikan and Honami. Especially not enough Honami X itsuki bonding....where's my Honami X Itsuki !

Jan 28, 2008 6:19 PM

Jun 2007
cool episode.
kuroha in maid outfit was uberly cute... though i like her with miniskirt better.
it was nice to see itsuki act on his own against that larva, looks like the glam sight is acquiring more power as the contamination increases, since before, he had to take his eyepatch off to see the enemy's vital point. itsuki had his eyepatch on this time, yet he could see where to strike to deal a fatal blow.

anyways, i wouldnt mind a kuroha x itsuki..
though, i miss mikan a little

the new guy (cant seem to learn his name) seemed interesting, and really powerful. at a nekoyashiki kind of level... anyways, i wish to see more of him..
Jan 28, 2008 8:21 PM
Dec 2007
I find it funny that all this time Sekiren was on Astral's payroll yet no one bothered to tell Itsuki, "Hey, there's this Staff-wielding Martial artist/magician who works for us every now and then so don't freak out if you meet him". I mean, geez, they really don't treat him like Astral's President at all.

And Itsuki's Glam Sight has been getting stronger ever since Episode 10, when he first managed to use it even while surpressed by the Eyepatch.

Jan 29, 2008 12:21 PM

Aug 2007
Leon-Gun said:
I find it funny that all this time Sekiren was on Astral's payroll yet no one bothered to tell Itsuki, "Hey, there's this Staff-wielding Martial artist/magician who works for us every now and then so don't freak out if you meet him". I mean, geez, they really don't treat him like Astral's President at all.

And Itsuki's Glam Sight has been getting stronger ever since Episode 10, when he first managed to use it even while surpressed by the Eyepatch.

Episode numbers are worthless since it is aired in anachronological order anyway.
Jan 29, 2008 2:28 PM

Jul 2007
Rental Magica airing of episodes is somewhat like Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

I really think that the 1st episode was more like an extra episode or a episode after the final episode.
This episode introduceds the Monk Guy, Sekiren and how he is associated with the Astral. Good thing Itsuki finally manage to supress his Glam Sight and to use it in a minimal way without gaining control over him (He attack the weakest part of the Larvae which is the heart to defeat it) I want a fan service episode with Honami and Itsuki aside from the hotspring episode.

P.S.
JC Staff is really improving (maybe this is where they use the big budget of SnS s2 aside from Shigofumi)

Jan 29, 2008 2:35 PM

Aug 2007
Rental Magica is done by studio ZEXCS.
Jan 29, 2008 3:08 PM
Dec 2007
PimpToad said:
Leon-Gun said:

Episode numbers are worthless since it is aired in anachronological order anyway.
I only reffered a previous ocurrence. I realize the episodes are out of order.

Jan 29, 2008 3:58 PM

Aug 2007
Kuroha + meido = win
Jan 29, 2008 8:04 PM

Jul 2007
Itsuki was awesome in the latter part of the episode. And now he has some control over his Glam Sight. Sweet.
Jan 30, 2008 2:36 AM

Oct 2007
CrackedFlowers said:
Itsuki was awesome in the latter part of the episode. And now he has some control over his Glam Sight. Sweet.

ditto, agree with that, i hope he gets even better :P
Jan 30, 2008 3:23 PM

Jan 2008
Cool episode. Regrettably, the training didn't really pay off the way I anticipated it to, but well, never mind since everything still ended up in a manner this anime always does. But still, I hoped that Itsuki would build up a lil' bit of self confidence or learn some interesting spell, but in the end all he did was punch his enemy. The same thing he does every time with the only difference him not taking off his eye patch. Not that I consider it a small feat taking into account how much of a coward he is, but still... I wasn't really satisfied with the result of his training. I get the feeling that if the monk guy has just talked to him for a bit and than released the larva all would've been the same so it seems to me like he was just loosing time gettin' beaten up, but maybe I'm wrong. What I really want to see is Itsuki controlling the glam sight and kicking the butts of some really strong monsters so we could finally get over the "weak useless guy" stage and move onto progressing his relationships with other characters... I mean Honami, Adelicia, Kuroha (or in case he's a lolicon Mikan-chan :D)...
Jan 30, 2008 4:37 PM
Dec 2007
He did use his Glam Sight you know. And he used it without it taking over him, that's the little thing the training wanted to achieve. That and the fact Itsuki always relied on others (even when he used Glam Sight), so the guy wanted him to feel usefull in some form.

Feb 6, 2008 5:26 AM

Oct 2007
It was great to see him finally do something on his own and now it looks like he has more control over the eye than he previously had.

Although I agree with what one person said in this thread...........his whining and screaming in the beginning of the episode was pretty annoying, lol.
Feb 26, 2008 12:32 AM

Feb 2008
PimpToad said:

MajorAddiction said:
Kuroha + meido = win

Faust721 said:

Richard_Omega said:

kuroha in maid outfit was uberly cute...

Mikan-complexFeb 26, 2008 12:38 AM
Mar 3, 2008 11:41 AM

Nov 2007
Leon-Gun said:
Faust721 said:
Too much Kuroha, Not enough Mikan and Honami. Especially not enough Honami X itsuki bonding....where's my Honami X Itsuki !

I like the Addy x Itsuki.
I prefer even more the Kuroha x Itsuki.
But I hate the Honami x Itsuki,dunno why,could be cuz she's the "childhood friend"(which should remain a friend even after),or cuz I don't like her as a girl :S
Aug 21, 2008 10:16 AM

Jul 2007
Kuroha looked <3 in a maid outfit :D
Dec 20, 2008 12:37 AM

Nov 2007
So this episode was dedicated to Itsuki's lesson hmm :3 but that scene where he fought was great :3!
Jun 13, 2014 11:10 AM

May 2012
Some decent character development, I must say that the latter episodes are better than the first ones.
Nov 19, 2015 11:29 PM

Feb 2010
PimpToad said:

That was over the top. Rather for lol's, than an improvement. Kuroha doesn't need to appear more moe, I like her assertiveness better.
Richard_Omega said:
cool episode.
kuroha in maid outfit was uberly cute... though i like her with miniskirt better.

I aggree.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rental Magica Episode 3 Discussion

eppyomega - Oct 21, 2007

23 by Cero98 »»
Apr 24, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Rental Magica Episode 2 Discussion

cyruz - Oct 15, 2007

29 by Cero98 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 AM

Poll: » Do you think it had potential?

irrfan1378595783 - May 9, 2021

2 by irrfan1378595783 »»
Mar 27, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Rental Magica Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

PimpToad - Mar 23, 2008

57 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 13, 2023 10:08 AM

Poll: » Rental Magica Episode 19 Discussion

PimpToad - Feb 17, 2008

20 by MinTsubasa »»
Aug 28, 2021 8:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.