Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 13, 2014 7:55 PM

Jan 2011
Joseph your arm! You'd think he'd be more careful after ACDC.
Jun 13, 2014 8:20 PM

Feb 2010
The Hanged Man died upside-down...

Jun 13, 2014 8:33 PM

Aug 2008
Best episode in Jojo. What will happen to Hanged Man's Stand if it's in someone eyes and the eyes are close? Didn't human usually blink their eyes?

Really hope to see Joseph in action.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 13, 2014 8:37 PM

Jun 2010
This adaption just keeps getting better :-D. I Also love Hol Horse; he talks a big game and was able to shoot Avdol in the head when partnered up, but just kinda sucks when he's on his own.

Yangbojian said:
The Hanged Man died upside-down...

Haha yup, quite fitting no?

As for your spoiler tag query, you'll just have to wait and see ;-)
Jun 13, 2014 9:05 PM

Oct 2012
Another great episode! They handled he fight really well. Next episode should be great.
Jun 13, 2014 9:28 PM

Mar 2014
navi007 said:
i like how polnareff killed j. geil without hesitation, usually in those kinds of situations(in anime and or movies) the person seeking revenge realizes that he doesn't really want to kill the other guy or that killing him wont do any good, etc. it really pisses me off when that happens, can you imagine polnareff saying "well you raped and killed my sister as well as tried to kill me and you probably raped and killed other girls as well, but killing you wont change the past so I'll let you go" that would haven sucked! just another reason why i like this show.

Hahaha, a character in Wild Arms 5 is totally this, but at least he still vowed to kill the person, just trying to make that person hate him more.

And I love Polnareff for doing the opposite of this. Honorable, friendly, and to the point, that's out Pol-Pol-kun.
Jun 13, 2014 9:38 PM

Nov 2011
fluffybunnyboy said:
The pacing of the episodes is still too slow.

4 entire chapters in one episode is slow pacing?
Jun 13, 2014 9:48 PM
Apr 2012
Fadeout4 said:
fluffybunnyboy said:
The pacing of the episodes is still too slow.

They have been doing 3-4 chapters per episode quite consistently. Problem is they're going to need another 26 episode season if they want to adapt the whole manga at that pace.
Jun 13, 2014 9:58 PM

Nov 2011
Erionn said:
Fadeout4 said:

They have been doing 3-4 chapters per episode quite consistently. Problem is they're going to need another 26 episode season if they want to adapt the whole manga at that pace.

What's the problem with that? Part 3's a long series, and more Jojo is always good :P
Jun 13, 2014 10:29 PM

Sep 2011
BEAST EP! Damn! Polnareff is my fav character thus far(hangmen vs silver chariot is awsome). Avdol man...he can't die yet, magican red is very cool stand fuc*! Hol horse got expose LOL!
AndroidJacketJun 14, 2014 4:08 AM
Jun 13, 2014 11:14 PM
Aug 2013
Best episode of the show so far! Manly tears, GAR, and an epic battle betwee Polarnareff, and Centerfold. That stand was balls to the wall awesome. Definitely wanna see more crazy shit like this later on!
Jun 14, 2014 1:05 AM

Jun 2009
lol

Kakyoin: "There is no way for there to be a world inside the mirror"
Illuso: "...."

Great ep
Jun 14, 2014 1:40 AM

Jun 2013
Centerfold finally gets exactly what he deserved. Great episode!
Jun 14, 2014 2:06 AM
Apr 2014
Hol : Dude, there`s no way you guys can kill Hanged Man. Even I would have trouble doing that.
Polnareff: Think so? His dead boy is over there 1000 meters away. Why don`t you go check it out?
Hol: *hesitates*........Okay, I`ll go check it out ( runs)

XD
Jun 14, 2014 4:36 AM

Jul 2013
navi007 said:
i like how polnareff killed j. geil without hesitation, usually in those kinds of situations(in anime and or movies) the person seeking revenge realizes that he doesn't really want to kill the other guy or that killing him wont do any good, etc. it really pisses me off when that happens, can you imagine polnareff saying "well you raped and killed my sister as well as tried to kill me and you probably raped and killed other girls as well, but killing you wont change the past so I'll let you go" that would haven sucked! just another reason why i like this show. also they should have showed avdol's funeral or they should have at least stood by his grave or something, it just feels like they didn't do enough to honor his death you know? he was a pretty cool guy.

this is one of the reason why i hate fairy tard and other regular shounens
and one of the reason why i love JoJo so much that i read the manga up till 5th arc/book/series (?) stone ocean
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Jun 14, 2014 5:29 AM
Apr 2014
Urek said:
navi007 said:
i like how polnareff killed j. geil without hesitation, usually in those kinds of situations(in anime and or movies) the person seeking revenge realizes that he doesn't really want to kill the other guy or that killing him wont do any good, etc. it really pisses me off when that happens, can you imagine polnareff saying "well you raped and killed my sister as well as tried to kill me and you probably raped and killed other girls as well, but killing you wont change the past so I'll let you go" that would haven sucked! just another reason why i like this show. also they should have showed avdol's funeral or they should have at least stood by his grave or something, it just feels like they didn't do enough to honor his death you know? he was a pretty cool guy.

this is one of the reason why i hate fairy tard and other regular shounens
and one of the reason why i love JoJo so much that i read the manga up till 5th arc/book/series (?) stone ocean

You are probably thinking of Vento Aureo( part5). Stone Ocean is part 6.
Jun 14, 2014 6:09 AM

Sep 2009
onefairyeater said:
cheapshotgamer said:
Stands really have some unique abilities and they really bring interesting fights
just wait till the next part they get even better

Yeah. Stands from part 3 are positively dull as shit compared to those from the subsequent arcs. Especially parts 4 and 5.

Anyway. One of my favourite battles in all of Stardust Crusaders, and I'm glad they did such a good job with it.

Erionn said:
Fadeout4 said:

Actually, I tallied up how the whole thing would work out given the current pacing - it would all fit pretty nicely into a 39-episode series.

Also, the 24 episode count isn't quite confirmed - that's how many DVDs they've confirmed they're making, but all that means is that they're making at least 24 episodes. They can always add more.

P.S:

Mild part 5 spoilers:

God damn it Kakyoin you are so full of shit.
LindleJun 14, 2014 6:35 AM
Jun 14, 2014 8:05 AM

Jul 2011
Lindle said:
Actually, I tallied up how the whole thing would work out given the current pacing - it would all fit pretty nicely into a 39-episode series.

I did too and I got about 45 episodes, assuming the current pace remains constant. If you are curious this is how I was looking at it:

Not really spoilers, just chapter titles
Jun 14, 2014 8:28 AM

Oct 2012
Is the new OP going to show next episode?
Jun 14, 2014 8:33 AM

Jun 2009
Mauroki said:
Is the new OP going to show next episode?

What new OP?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 14, 2014 11:59 AM

Nov 2010
I didn't remember this being so lame in the ovas. I enjoyed part I and especially part II, but this season is just dull, nothing more than a monster of the week show where battles are decided by unsatisfying asspulls more often than not, and full of contrived situations and people being dumb just to ensure there can be 1 on 1 fights.

This is much more of a kids show than the previous seasons were. Considering they are the biggest audience, I guess it makes sense that it is also the most popular.
Jun 14, 2014 12:03 PM

Jul 2010
How it was an asspull? Just asking out of curiosity.
Also, may I ask why MotW should be bad?
Jun 14, 2014 12:39 PM

Sep 2009
Gersen said:
battles are decided by unsatisfying asspulls more often than not, and full of contrived situations and people being dumb just to ensure there can be 1 on 1 fights.
Explain this shit.
Jun 14, 2014 12:41 PM

Oct 2012
Kakyoin let out some serious bishounen vibes this episode.

It has rendered me as docile as the winter catfish.
Jun 14, 2014 12:47 PM

Jul 2011
Gersen said:
nothing more than a monster of the week show where battles are decided by unsatisfying asspulls

Well that's Jojo in a nutshell so you can quit while you're ahead. Almost every fight in part 2 is resolved with or has an asspull so you are sounding pretty contradictory there. Joseph is the asspull king and that's basically the highlight of Battle Tendency. If you can tolerate the conclusion of the Joseph vs Kars final battle then nothing in part 3 should even phase you really.

It sounds more like you just now realized the format of Jojo is motw and are irritated/impatient to let this part build because it's much longer, so you're coming up with random complaints (most of which apply to the parts you claim to like) and dismissing it as a silly kids show.
Jun 14, 2014 1:40 PM

Nov 2011
Kellhus said:
Gersen said:
nothing more than a monster of the week show where battles are decided by unsatisfying asspulls

Well that's Jojo in a nutshell so you can quit while you're ahead. Almost every fight in part 2 is resolved with or has an asspull so you are sounding pretty contradictory there. Joseph is the asspull king and that's basically the highlight of Battle Tendency. If you can tolerate the conclusion of the Joseph vs Kars final battle then nothing in part 3 should even phase you really.

It sounds more like you just now realized the format of Jojo is motw and are irritated/impatient to let this part build because it's much longer, so you're coming up with random complaints (most of which apply to the parts you claim to like) and dismissing it as a silly kids show.

^ This ^

I see a lot of people doing this about the new anime, actually. It's pretty sad.
Jun 14, 2014 3:27 PM

Jun 2010
Kellhus said:
Gersen said:

I love Jojo but it's undeniable that part 3 is more motw than any other part, the mains are just going to Egypt and enemies are going after them one after another. A enemy shows up and they beat him, then another enemy will pop up out of nowhere etc.
The other parts have a lot more plot going on so it's less noticeable. Part 3's plot is the simplest one compared to any other part... in my opinion.

I agree on the asspull part thogh, that's really just "Jojo in a nutshell". If you've seen season 1 you should know it already.
Jun 14, 2014 4:07 PM

Oct 2012
caseybubbles said:
I love Jojo but it's undeniable that part 3 is more motw than any other part, the mains are just going to Egypt and enemies are going after them one after another. A enemy shows up and they beat him, then another enemy will pop up out of nowhere etc.

That's how it was starting from episode 4 onwards in the first season. Jack the Ripper -> Bruford -> Tarkus -> Dio. Those first three were just there to lend a sword, kill an MC, and then all get curbstomped before Jonathan headed on to the Final Boss.

That's generally what all of the Jojo parts are like.

Also, I don't get why people hate on MotW, aside from thinking that by hating it on they'll come off as more mature and thus too good for it. As long as the fights are creative and fun, and the enemies don't have the same powers over and over again, who cares? Enjoy the hot-blooded fighting for what it is. Or don't, if hot-blooded fighting isn't your thing.

It's like complaining that a martial arts movie has the hero fighting multiple successive opponents. Isn't that what people usually want to see in a martial arts movie? A variety of opponents, each with their own fighting styles and techniques? It makes the genre a lot more entertaining to watch, IMO.
Jun 14, 2014 4:16 PM

Jun 2010
fluffybunnyboy said:
caseybubbles said:

That's how it was starting from episode 4 onwards in the first season. Jack the Ripper -> Bruford -> Tarkus -> Dio. Those first three were just there to lend a sword, kill an MC, and then all get curbstomped before Jonathan headed on to the Final Boss.

That's generally what all of the Jojo parts are like.

Also, I don't get why people hate on MotW, aside from thinking that by hating it on they'll come off as more mature and thus too good for it. (Thus, why that person said it's a "kid's show" and such.) As long as the fights are creative and fun, and the enemies don't have the same powers over and over again, who cares?

It's like complaining that a martial arts movie has the hero fighting multiple successive opponents. I mean, isn't that what you want to see in a martial arts movie?

Ahah, when we got to that part in season 1 I got so bored I stopped watching for a while, because it gets the way you described, similar to SC... But it's just a part of part 1, the beginning is not like that, while SC is all like that.

Same for every other part. As I said, they're all MoTW in a way but in the other parts it's played in a smarter way, and that makes the difference. SC is just a long journey, there's nothing more to add to it. The fights are solved quickly, 1 or 2 episodes. Thus the enemies are also kind of uninteresting, as somebody already stated there's a loss in quality over to quantity...

I don't think people hate on MotW, it's just a format you can see very often so it's not THAT interesting. It can even be delusional, maybe, for someone who enjoyed a lot the season before? I think SC was indeed innovative at the time it was published, but since it's being adapted only now, in 2014, people is used to see plots like that.

Probably who called Jojo a kid's show meant it's very shounen-like, even morethan part 1 and 2 could be. I don't know. I wouldn't call it a kid's show even by just considering all the gore, ahaha.

All of that being said, I still like part 3. It's one of the parts I like the less, but that's because the others are amazing. Part 3 is linear and is MotW but it's still interesting, I like it because the fights, they are smart, funny and entertaining. This is just a part to be enjoyed without thinking too much.
caseybubblesJun 14, 2014 4:20 PM
Jun 14, 2014 4:23 PM

Mar 2014
This episode was good, but I still liked episode 10 better.
Also, As somebody who hasn't read the manga, I'm already super curious about just what the hell is going on in that next episode preview.
::End of Transmission::

Jun 14, 2014 4:32 PM

Oct 2012
caseybubbles said:
Ahah, when we got to that part in season 1 I got so bored I stopped watching for a while, because it gets the way you described, similar to SC...

You laugh backwards, and then admit to skipping most of the fun episodes of PB.

...Welp. I feel no need to reply any further.

vigorousjammer said:
This episode was good, but I still liked episode 10 better.
Also, As somebody who hasn't read the manga, I'm already super curious about just what the hell is going on in that next episode preview.

Read the manga. It's much better, because it never feels like the dialogue drags on for too long as it does in this anime.
Jun 14, 2014 4:40 PM

Jun 2010
fluffybunnyboy said:
caseybubbles said:
Ahah, when we got to that part in season 1 I got so bored I stopped watching for a while, because it gets the way you described, similar to SC...

You laugh backwards, and then admit to skipping most of the fun episodes of PB.

...Welp. I feel no need to reply any further.

Um sorry? I didn't skip anything. I just stopped watching for a while. And in my opinion, the best part of PB was anything preceding the tunnel part.
I feel the need to understand why you can't accept a product can be criticized. And that's said by somebody who likes Jojo.
I feel kinda offended now.

(And you know I wasn't laughing at you if that's what you thought.)
Jun 14, 2014 4:40 PM

Jul 2011
caseybubbles said:
I love Jojo but it's undeniable that part 3 is more motw than any other part

Not really true, every part is the same thing but it seems different later on because the fights are longer. Part 3 post-Egypt is pretty much in line with subsequent parts in terms of craziness and battle length, your mileage may vary, but it's all the same general idea.

The other parts have a lot more plot going on so it's less noticeable

I see this exact argument pretty often with the "it's less noticeable" approach, but I find that kind of a strange argument. It's almost like saying "yeah it's all motw but I'm willing to excuse that when I like it". Doesn't hold much weight.

I'm not trying to shit on you but it's pretty blatant that Jojo is an episodic style series through and through and I can't help but be perturbed by this stuff. It's not fair to slog part 3 in this particular department because that pretty much makes no sense as previous and subsequent parts follow Araki's basic formula (which is great and consistently well executed). Yes, other parts such as SBR weave more subplots in there, but ultimately the flow hasn't changed since Phantom Blood.

Hell, part 4 is an even worse offender for this particular complaint and for awhile it has literally no plot, yet it's still hailed as one of the best parts. I agree completely with that notion, but it's because I think Araki is a genius with this stuff and writes supremely entertaining material.
KellhusJun 14, 2014 4:44 PM
Jun 14, 2014 5:08 PM

Oct 2012
Kellhus said:
I see this exact argument pretty often with the "it's less noticeable" approach, but I find that kind of a strange argument. It's almost like saying "yeah it's all motw but I'm willing to excuse that when I like it". Doesn't hold much weight.

Yeah, I agree with you. Jojo's formula has felt exactly the same to me, especially from Stardust Crusaders onwards. It's nothing but wall-to-wall fights, with some extremely rare plot points showing up now and then.

The stories to Diamond is Unbreakable, Vento Aureo, Stone Ocean, and Steel Ball Run are not all that complex, no matter how much in the way of
They're all shounen plots, and extremely silly shounen plots more often than not.

Kellhus said:
I'm not trying to shit on you but it's pretty blatant that Jojo is an episodic style series through and through and I can't help but be perturbed by this stuff. It's not fair to slog part 3 in this particular department because that pretty much makes no sense as previous and subsequent parts follow Araki's basic formula (which is great and consistently well executed). Yes, other parts such as SBR weave more subplots in there, but ultimately the flow hasn't changed since Phantom Blood.

People act like other parts having one or two simple plot twists (that sometimes are just binary, such as
automatically make the experience of reading Jojo amazingly more complex, when they don't actually change the series' formula at all. It's still wall-to-wall encounters with enemies up until the Final Boss Battle of whatever part we're in.

Kellhus said:
Hell, part 4 is an even worse offender for this particular complaint and for awhile it has literally no plot, yet it's still hailed as one of the best parts. I agree completely with that notion, but it's because I think Araki is a genius with this stuff and writes supremely entertaining material.

Yeah, it's very clear from the get-go that Araki was really aimless with the first half of Part 4. But it's okay, since what guys like us read for the characters and the stand confrontations anyway. Grave of the Fireflies, Jojo is not.
Jun 14, 2014 5:11 PM

Jun 2010
Kellhus said:
caseybubbles said:
I love Jojo but it's undeniable that part 3 is more motw than any other part

Not really true, every part is the same thing but it seems different later on because the fights are longer. Part 3 post-Egypt is pretty much in line with subsequent parts in terms of craziness and battle length, your mileage may vary, but it's all the same general idea.

The other parts have a lot more plot going on so it's less noticeable

[spoiler]
What I mean by more plot, is they are more articulated.

I'll take part 4 as example. We have a plot in which we're again going after someone. We meet a lot of characters, and they're usually introduced by a fight. Then they'll come back later. Most of them have small character development if nothing at all, but at least it doesn't revolve 100% around the mains and them only, so we have Yukako's side story, Reimi's got an important role being her the one who gives the plot a certain direction. Think of Shigekyo or even better Koichi, really.
This part isn't just about punching enemies. Yes we have the enemy of the week, but they're not just beaten and then who cares about them anymore. I think that makes the plot more intriguing.
And maybe it's just me but I think that even by just having a side character coming back helps to shake a tiny bit the plot.

It's not an excuse.

I'm thinking of Greimas' Actantial model now. It's not like: every story follows this model so they are all the same. Yes Jojo follows the same model but you can give more importance to an element or another and that already changes the
Jun 14, 2014 5:14 PM

Jun 2010
Ah, half of my post was eaten away.
Whatever.
Thank you Kellhus for at least replying, ignoring what I say is kind of offending and sounds like you guys think I'm talking shit about SC which I fail to see where I did
Jun 14, 2014 5:25 PM

Oct 2012
caseybubbles said:

Just so you know, what you're talking about has more to do with characterization than plot.

Jun 14, 2014 5:41 PM

Jun 2010
fluffybunnyboy said:

What's more than characters that can contribute to a plot, though?
By the way, I repeat, half of my post was eaten. But even if it wasn't, we would still discuss on the matter for a long.

Now I think this is enough. You have your opinion and I have mine, and I respect that. I still think that wile every part is motw part 3 is the most linear one and thus results with the most simple plot, compared to any other part. You can expect them to beat the enemy and then another one to show up. But you wouldn't have expected, idk, Wham appearing out of nowhere in part 2.
You don't agree? Okay.

In my opinion, part 3 is very simple and linear, more than any other part, but that doesn't mean it can't be considered good.
Jun 14, 2014 5:50 PM

Oct 2012
caseybubbles said:
Ah, half of my post was eaten away.
Whatever.
Thank you Kellhus for at least replying, ignoring what I say is kind of offending and sounds like you guys think I'm talking shit about SC which I fail to see where I did

You just got done saying that most of the action in PB bored you, and it's "similar to SC".

But really, it doesn't feel like you're insulting SC so much as Jojo as a whole, since the series is easily 90% fighting, and most of that fighting is MotW formula. SC doesn't deserve all the shit it gets over here in the West. The Japanese Jojo fans I know love this part and regard it as a great arc, but that's because they're taking things like artwork, characters, and its best battles (many of which aren't in the anime yet) into consideration rather than having a "The Plot Is Above All" attitude.

caseybubbles said:
the most simple plot, compared to any other part.

Yeah, but "most simple" isn't a serious criticism when all of the plots of Jojo are simple. Nobody should ever be reading Jojo if they want a particularly deep or meaningful plot. Jojo dares to be stupid, and often lives by the Rule of Cool.

I'd say people should read it for the characters, the action, the artwork, the humor, the memorable lines, the wackiness - any number of reasons other than "the plot".
fluffybunnyboyJun 14, 2014 6:32 PM
Jun 14, 2014 6:10 PM

Jun 2010
????
I like PB. The tunnel part is similar to SC. But at least SC is funny and entertaining, the fights are really funny. That part of PB, imo, wasn't. And yes it got me bored, but it was just a small part of the story, and I didn't drop it just because of that part. I didn't drop it at all.
I wasn't insulting it. You got it wrong. I phrased it wrong. I don't know.
If I watched it till the end maybe it's because I didn't think it sucked so bad it was unwatchable / unreadable

But I NEVER talked shit about SC. Please read again what I wrote.
And I'd NEVER talk shit about Jojo, how could I if I even said I like the series a lot???
How does saying part 3 is motw and simple mean it sucks and Jojo sucks?

(Oh and I don't think at all that all the Jojo parts are as much simple as part 3.)

By the way, what I look for the most in a story is, well... "the plot". Because I enjoy a good plot even more than good characters or funny episodic stories. But I didn't state "Oh, this doesn't have a contrived plot twist in the middle? I guess it sucks, then!". Maybe because I don't think that. A story can be good in many ways.

If you're angry at people doing that, I don't know what to say to you. I think it's stupid, too, but who cares? Everybody's allowed to have an opinion, you can argue over it, but really who cares if somebody think that Jojo is a insanely stupid illogic anime or stuff like that...
caseybubblesJun 14, 2014 6:23 PM
Jun 14, 2014 6:27 PM

Oct 2012
caseybubbles said:
????
I like PB. The tunnel part is similar to SC. But at least SC is funny and entertaining. That part of PB, imo, wasn't. And yes it got me bored, but it was just a small part of the story, and I didn't drop it just because of that part. I didn't drop it at all.
I wasn't insulting it. You got it wrong. I phrased it wrong. I don't know.
If I watched it till the end maybe it's because I didn't think it sucked so bad it was unwatchable / unreadable

The tunnel battle is nothing like any fight I can think of in SC, and PB is very funny and entertaining. Maybe not intentionally funny and entertaining, but still.

I was wrong to assume that you skipped some episodes. It just sounded like you did. Sorry about that. My bad on that part.

caseybubbles said:
(Oh and I don't think at all that all the Jojo parts are as much simple as part 3.)

No plot is as simple as SC, but none are very deep, either. Part 5's plot especially is only just barely more complex than SC's.

But, it's Jojo. The stories are all pretty dumb, though "dumb" in the very best meanings of the word.

caseybubbles said:
By the way, what I look for the most in a story is, well... "the plot". Because I enjoy a good plot even more than good characters or funny episodic stories.

There are waaaaaaaaay better series for that than Jojo.

You literally just prioritized the one strength Jojo doesn't have in spades over two that it does. x__x
Jun 14, 2014 6:53 PM

Jun 2010
Personally I can totally understand why people get frustrated with SC being MoTW, hell I got pretty frustrated with it when I was reading the manga.

It was fatiguing reading so much non-stop fighting with no real rest periods in between, and the lack of any other major objective outside of the static "find and defeat Dio" goal made SC feel quite dull. The characterisation of the crusaders did help a bit, but the mostly uninteresting villains did not. To top it off, a lot of the Stands in this part are either hit or miss conceptually. Basically everything SC does well the other parts (save possibly Phantom Blood) do better and everything that SC did poorly (such as the nearly non-existent plot) is improved upon in the subsequent parts.

With that said people are free to like and dislike whatever they please, I always love hearing different opinions even if I don't personally agree with them. Afterall it'd be a boring world if we all held the same ideals ;-).
Jun 14, 2014 7:25 PM

Jul 2011
The_Redux said:
It was fatiguing reading so much non-stop fighting with no real rest periods in between, and the lack of any other major objective outside of the static "find and defeat Dio" goal made SC feel quite dull.

I just can't wrap my head around stuff like this, no matter how much I see it. Every part is a mix of non-stop fighting/Stand encounters (not all are necessarily physical fights). Every part is a nearly 100% linear quest to defeat the main villain and/or accomplish a goal while in the mean time vanquishing Stand users in the way. (Or simply enemies in the first two parts, but Araki seemed to be driving at Stand battles in Battle Tendency with the whacky Pillar Men abilities).

If you were fatigued by SC but not other parts, it was not due to the formula, all parts have the exact same formula. However, that is not to say preferring other parts would be condemnable, it's just a matter of taste, not some kind of objective judgement. It ultimately comes down to how much the reader enjoys the cast, setting, and presentation of action. Plot is pretty much irrelevant in Jojo outside establishing a direction and venue. It's entirely structured around fights and Araki just formulates a general point A to B which is usually scrapped at least a few times along the way to facilitate the fights.

In other words maybe SC dragged for some and that's fine, but saying it's because of how the plot is oriented around fights while the entire franchise is based on that isn't the best way of putting it.
KellhusJun 14, 2014 7:29 PM
Jun 14, 2014 9:02 PM

Sep 2011
I still dont buy advol being dead since we never saw the burial. regardless this was the best ep yet by a longshot. I really like how the stand battles are turning out now with this type of episode. Also i swear polneroff is the best character in the show at the moment.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 15, 2014 1:25 AM

Nov 2011
fluffybunnyboy said:
But, it's Jojo. The stories are all pretty dumb, though "dumb" in the very best meanings of the word.

(Part 7)
Jun 15, 2014 1:27 AM
Oct 2010
Damn, the show is finally picking up. The hanged man's stand had a really awesome design.
Jun 15, 2014 9:08 AM

Aug 2010
The fight with hang man was really good. This was the best episode so far of this season. It looks like things will be great from here on out.

5/5
Jun 19, 2014 1:28 AM

Nov 2013
Gasp! A pimple!

Jun 19, 2014 1:29 AM

Nov 2013
Disappointed that this anime doesn't have a higher rating. It should be right on par with parts 1 and 2

Jun 19, 2014 1:43 AM

May 2014
ChaoticSilence said:
Disappointed that this anime doesn't have a higher rating. It should be right on par with parts 1 and 2
Definitely not on par with part 2 without Joseph being a flamboyant wise cracking joy to watch and a cohesive tightly-nit plot to follow, instead of episodic monster of the week grudge matches.
While not below part 1, it is sorely lacking the I, DIO flavor I crave for.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2014

132 by JosVoogt21 »»
Apr 20, 6:46 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - May 9, 2014

167 by fgowy »»
Apr 13, 11:37 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

159 by HilariousPerson »»
Apr 9, 8:34 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akanezora - Sep 12, 2014

276 by Will_Keisuke_ »»
Mar 27, 6:11 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2014

217 by OVERJRIVE »»
Jan 23, 5:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.