Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Knights of Sidonia
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 12, 2014 10:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, Nagate's face was priceless. This episode was more calmer than usual although there were still quiet moments of sadness in the first half.

I like the pacing of the second half though as they gain some ground against the Gauna. Ending wasn't very pleasant though.

Jun 13, 2014 5:52 AM

Jul 2007
So far relatively faithful to manga, even if they re-arranged some of stuff and padded out some of other stuff.

I am pretty certain now that they will use the
though.
Jun 13, 2014 11:40 AM

Jul 2010
Human fused with Gauna! That new weapon and Tanikaze's shot was pretty amazing.
To no longer need to use Kabizashis!
The peace fraction seems really stubborn to still blame Sindonia at 10 kilometres.
Red Hoshijiro able to write and formulate a dress!
Izana becoming a pilot, she almost falling!
Wow that Gauna is 8000 times bigger than Sidonia? Good thing they made the new weapon, the spears would had been useless to cut through all those stuff. That 1.2 million kilometres would be nothing for something that big.
Jun 13, 2014 11:42 AM
Jan 2014
Nagate's face can be deformed easily, lol. Either that or Izana packs quite a punch.
He is quite resilient to those tips they shot into them.
Can't believe he mistook Yure for Izana. She is Izana's grandmother, but still.
So he witnessed Ochiai's greatest experiment. Man-made kabi does sound good, though.
Red Hoshijiro learned how to spell and make an appealing outfit, that's a leap forward.
Sasaki appears to be an awesome side character.
That pioneer ship was going to get demolished by the Gauna. Nagate got to test the new Gardes propulsion system just in time.
Sidonia is quite unfortunate, being on crash course with a Gauna roughly 8000 times the size of it.
ResidentJun 13, 2014 11:46 AM
Jun 13, 2014 12:27 PM

Sep 2008
No, no, no, no, no. Run away from the water girls (third gender included).

Didn't they see what happened to all those who previously went to water places with Tanikaze?

As simple as some things are and people calling it as such, I consider all the conspiracies and stuff around experiments quite complex and deep.
There are many possibilities, questions etc based around it in my opinion.

And damn, Sasaki is hot as hell.

A question for manga readers, is it ever explained why Gauna attacked and destroyed Earth?
If it is, don't even answer, I'd like to see it in a show.
If not, are hints ever given?
Jun 13, 2014 12:29 PM
Apr 2013
I ended the episode smiling for some reason.

That hasn't happened since...yesterday! (*cue Trance BGM*)

I really like the captain, she seemed a little mischievous this ep haha so funny how only Tanikaze knew who she was.

And I thought most of the female characters on this show were generously proportioned but it has to be said: Dat Space Mechanic Oppai!

EDIT: I wonder if gauna Hoshijiro is gonna become a series regular lol
ollythirteenJun 13, 2014 12:34 PM

Jun 13, 2014 12:32 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Yeah I was confused about the re-arrangement, but I guess it works. I would've liked to see more of the Izana hurting Nagate on accident comedy that they took out though :P Not complaining btw, just saying. At least we got to see Nagate's beat up face caused by Izana. I also like the manga's direct translation better, "Our time left isn't zero!" instead of "We still have time together." Anyways, if I were in Izana's shoes, I would share her sentiment. Becoming an official pilot almost means like a death sentence (for most people anyways).
Jun 13, 2014 12:35 PM

Jun 2012
nina4life said:
No, no, no, no, no. Run away from the water girls (third gender included).

Didn't they see what happened to all those who previously went to water places with Tanikaze?

As simple as some things are and people calling it as such, I consider all the conspiracies and stuff around experiments quite complex and deep.
There are many possibilities, questions etc based around it in my opinion.

And damn, Sasaki is hot as hell.

A question for manga readers, is it ever explained why Gauna attacked and destroyed Earth?

I won't say anything about, but from what I remember

I doubt they'll get that far though.
"Put a centipede inside the ear. Go on a date to the bookstore and have your insides gently scrambled."
Jun 13, 2014 12:37 PM
Mar 2013
Izana so annoying. Kinda hated him from ep1. Gauna Hoshijiro is so cute but I guess that won't last long
Huge enemy next episode. Hope they explain more stuff by the end.
Jun 13, 2014 12:39 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
nina4life said:

It was answered...if what I'm thinking is the answer. Idk if it's the official answer, but you won't see in by the end of this anime, so unless there's a second season, you probably won't see it at all.
Jun 13, 2014 12:49 PM

Aug 2007
Good episode. Nice reveals to everything and that cliffhanger. I'm excited for the next ep!

Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 13, 2014 1:07 PM

Apr 2014
new weapon, new booster, Benisuzume in a new dress and can write and tanikaze is happy because of that
eitheir this series end with a cliffhanger and a second season next year
or rush everything is the last 2 eps
Jun 13, 2014 1:16 PM

Aug 2008
Somehow I get the feeling they swapped some things around. I think I know where will be the cliffhanger though. Hopefully there will be second season. Although this series gradually switches from sci-fi to fantasy with sci-fi elements later...

tingy said:
nina4life said:

It was answered...if what I'm thinking is the answer. Idk if it's the official answer, but you won't see in by the end of this anime, so unless there's a second season, you probably won't see it at all.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 13, 2014 1:30 PM

May 2013
That scene where Izana saw Tanikaze's beaten up face was hilarious. Benisuzume was able to write out Tanikaze's name and he seems happy about it.
Jun 13, 2014 1:46 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Antanaru said:

tingy said:

Yeah that's the one I was thinking of. I went back to chapter 51 to make sure I wasn't just making things up :)
Jun 13, 2014 2:10 PM

Nov 2012
I feel that they are going to wrap up the series nicely....
Jun 13, 2014 2:11 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
It seems that Sidonia went through a kind of a scientific"dark age" after the 4th Gauna War, since apparently a lot of the cutting edge technology is basically recycling what has already been used before but "lost" . The new additions to the Gardes will mean though that only the elite will be be able to control them in combat. And boy will there be combat next episode.

Dat generously endowed mechanic, LOL.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 13, 2014 2:35 PM

Dec 2008
Will/is Izana already synthesizing or whatever as a girl or at least it seems...
Jun 13, 2014 2:43 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Yuhata is pretty awesome to have such accesses to secret facilities.
Damn.. Nagate took quite a beating from Izana, thought it was accidental. Poor him..

Ochiai's experiment of human and Gauna fusion looked quite creepy..
Nonetheless, it is apparently capable of annihilating Gauna without resorting to Kabizashi, which sounds pretty awesome!

Nagate shows his epicness once again; being able to synchronize with the new propulsion system and firing at Gauna from a distance. Amazing!

Red Shizuka is now able to write (only Nagate's name so far) and create a nice dress too! Damn she's cute. :3
Lol'd at Nagate jumping for joy. XD
I'm assuming she'll gradually become like the real Shizuka..

Izana is so jealous, I'm not even considering her as a third-gender anymore.

A new Gauna, about 8000 times as huge as Sidonia is incoming towards them from an approximate distance of 1.2 million kilometers. Damn.
Even with the new weapon, it's impossible to counter it. Or, is it?

Good episode. Need more suffering time for Kunato. He deserves it dearly.

Jun 13, 2014 3:05 PM

Jul 2012
The next episode should be pretty damn exciting.

I also like how Gauna Hoshijiro is still winning so badly.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jun 13, 2014 3:07 PM

Apr 2012
-Sasaki has a nice rack.

Also I wonder if the Gauna was really trying to attack the emigrant ship or was it just on it's trajectory to Sidonia. I think it is the latter. I'm disappointed with the character development of the show but you can only do so much with 12 episodes T_T.

Overall, okay episode

Jun 13, 2014 3:25 PM
Jun 2012
Its funny that Izana still identifies as a man even though he acts exactly like a young girl, and is also obviously infatuated with Nagate. So will Nagate wake up one morning to find "him" laying in bed next to him, but now Izana will be sporting some extra curves? lol

New Hoshi is to cute to be stopped. Personally, if I was Nagate I would be spending a lot of time with her. I'm very curious about the unknown, it could be a chance to finally communicate with the enemy, and the chance that she is an individual and capable of making her own decisions regarding humans being her friend or foe. Since it was obvious from the start that she has (up to now) no hostile feelings towards Nagate he has nothing to lose and humanity has everything to gain.

Oh, and she's cute. (Maybe Nagate will reinvent how to make a part human, part gauna lifeform.) ;)

Nagate says, "Um, please lower the priv - er - I mean the security barrier for a while. Thanks. I'll feel MUCH better now."
Jun 13, 2014 3:40 PM

Jul 2013
LOL. Burst out laughing at Izana's reaction to Nagate's face.

Damn Hoshijiro is still so cute. Great that she almost spelled his name and made a little dress.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Jun 13, 2014 3:45 PM

May 2014
Looks like they skipped quite a bit in the manga. Either way I'm looking forward to the asteroid battle.

Darkmatterx76 said:
Its funny that Izana still identifies as a man even though he acts exactly like a young girl, and is also obviously infatuated with Nagate. So will Nagate wake up one morning to find "him" laying in bed next to him, but now Izana will be sporting some extra curves? lol

Izana doesn't identify with any gender yet.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Jun 13, 2014 4:20 PM
Jul 2018
That scene where Izana saw Tanikaze's beaten up face and how she called him a monster was hilarious.

A Gauna that fused with a human,that sounded interesting.
Jun 13, 2014 4:47 PM

Nov 2011
The sound of everything in this anime is so orgasmic to my ears
Hate Keeps me warm
Jun 13, 2014 4:56 PM

Jul 2007
Darkmatterx76 said:
Its funny that Izana still identifies as a man even though he acts exactly like a young girl, and is also obviously infatuated with Nagate.

Let's not make cissexist remarks, shall we?

Our behavior patterns do not depend on our gender. Gender does not define or lock down person's personality.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
VudisJun 17, 2014 9:48 AM
Jun 13, 2014 5:02 PM

Nov 2012
That double date ended sooner than what I was expecting.
Poor Tanikaze getting beaten by Izana.
Tanikaze is getting me angry with his obsession with Hoshijiro's lookalike Gauna. He should get raped by her tentacles, so he can move on.
Jun 13, 2014 5:15 PM

May 2012
Sasaki has a really nice body.

Pretty good episode. Must say I love when the captain dresses up. Also thinks it's funny because only Nagate knows what she looks like with her mask off. My boy Nagate with the gun out there getting more respect. Can't believe that the fake Hoshijiro is still the best girl lol. She still getting points. Izana really needs to become a girl already. That ending. Anxious to see what's going to happen next.

4/5
Jun 13, 2014 6:09 PM

Oct 2013
Damn son, so that Gauna's the size of a planet basically.

Gr33ncar said:
The sound of everything in this anime is so orgasmic to my ears

Yep. Hands down best part of Sidonia no Kishi. Everything else is fantastic, yeah, but the sound is just phenomenal.
Jun 13, 2014 6:58 PM

Aug 2013
Nagate's deformed face was hilarious. Every time he gets hurt, it's always so graphic.

A Gauna 8000 times the size of Sidonia? I wonder if that's like fighting Planet Gauna or something :o

Even though she's just a placenta now, Red Hoshijiro is still the best "girl."
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 13, 2014 7:50 PM

Dec 2013
laughed a lot at the beginning of the episode. Nagate being caught off guard and surprised by the captain plus his face beaten by Izana was priceless.

On the other hand the ending already showed how next episode will be and the for the preview we'll have more deaths :(

Wondering if Gauna was already eyeing the spears in Sidonia, imagine now that they can be defeated by distance.
Jun 13, 2014 8:51 PM

Aug 2013
I'm still mad at them for killing Hoshijiro
Jun 13, 2014 8:56 PM

Nov 2007
lampshades120 said:

And it is painful to see her in that form even though the monster inside me has grown this big.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 13, 2014 9:14 PM
Feb 2014
that comedy situation in first half make me burst, if gauna learn something from every human they "captured" (the cannon, the face in first gauna, evasion, benisuzume), are they not learning something from ochiai experiment too?

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
VudisJun 17, 2014 9:49 AM
Jun 13, 2014 10:16 PM

Mar 2012
Nice to get some comedic moments in an anime like this from time to time.

Izana is a pilot now, huh? This probably won't go well for her.
Jun 14, 2014 12:38 AM

Apr 2010
Fai said:
So far relatively faithful to manga, even if they re-arranged some of stuff and padded out some of other stuff.

though.

Yup. I read past it yesterday and immediately though that's where it'll be ending. A good spot to end it too IMO.

Admittedly I really like the adaptation so far, some parts are actually better than the manga in that they capture the atmosphere and impact of certain scenes better, sometimes a lot better. I like the action scenes more in the anime because sometimes in the manga I can't tell what's going on, it's a lot clearer when animated.

Having gotten further into the manga I've seen they've brought some parts forward but it's in no way messed with the series, I'm quite happy with how they've done it all so far. I really hope there's going to be an announcement for season 2 once this one finishes!
Jun 14, 2014 1:13 AM

Feb 2008
Even though I'm still infuriated that Hoshijiro was killed, Gauna Hoshijiro is quite satisfying : DD. Really wondering how that turns out though.
Jun 14, 2014 1:28 AM

May 2013
Izana's faces in this episode makes me laugh. And awwww, Nagate was blushing because of Gauna Shizuka. Pretty good episode.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 14, 2014 1:30 AM
Feb 2013
shanimebib said:
lampshades120 said:

And it is painful to see her in that form even though the monster inside me has grown this big.

That monster is called a penis, and the reason it has become this big is because you're getting turned on.
Jun 14, 2014 1:48 AM
Feb 2013
antonnn said:
Fai said:

though.

Yup. I read past it yesterday and immediately though that's where it'll be ending. A good spot to end it too IMO.

Admittedly I really like the adaptation so far, some parts are actually better than the manga in that they capture the atmosphere and impact of certain scenes better, sometimes a lot better. I like the action scenes more in the anime because sometimes in the manga I can't tell what's going on, it's a lot clearer when animated.

Having gotten further into the manga I've seen they've brought some parts forward but it's in no way messed with the series, I'm quite happy with how they've done it all so far. I really hope there's going to be an announcement for season 2 once this one finishes!

As a whole I can agree, though this time they made a logical error by making it appear the human/gauna hybrid made it possible to create artificial Kabizashi BEFORE the

Because now, when you mix up the timeline like that, the question becomes why they didn't implement those artificial Kabizashi a long time ago. The whole point of the importance of the spears is that they're only 28, so they're unbelievably valuable (hence all the trouble they do to recapture them, as has been shown). But now, it feels like weird. It feels forced, because one has to believe that, after more thazn 600 years, they only figured it out how to make and made the artificial Kabizashi just now, in the nick of time, right before a major battle. Right.

What's lacking now, is the actual reason why they didn't find out/weren't able to make that new Kabizashi up until now. I think this a pity, and one of the few times they didn't think their change through far enough.
Jun 14, 2014 1:50 AM

Jun 2012
Wait... eight THOUSAND times larger?! I can't even comprehend that...
Jun 14, 2014 2:47 AM

Mar 2013
AnimageNeby said:

Because now, when you mix up the timeline like that, the question becomes why they didn't implement those artificial Kabizashi a long time ago. The whole point of the importance of the spears is that they're only 28, so they're unbelievably valuable (hence all the trouble they do to recapture them, as has been shown). But now, it feels like weird. It feels forced, because one has to believe that, after more than 600 years, they only figured it out how to make and made the artificial Kabizashi just now, in the nick of time, right before a major battle. Right.

What's lacking now, is the actual reason why they didn't find out/weren't able to make that new Kabizashi up until now. I think this a pity, and one of the few times they didn't think their change through far enough.

I think they can try to justify it by saying that Toha Heavy Industries took 600 hundred years(?) to utilize the Kabi and develop the new weapon technology I guess.
Jun 14, 2014 3:54 AM

Jul 2007
AnimageNeby said:
antonnn said:

As a whole I can agree, though this time they made a logical error by making it appear the human/gauna hybrid made it possible to create artificial Kabizashi BEFORE the

Because now, when you mix up the timeline like that, the question becomes why they didn't implement those artificial Kabizashi a long time ago. The whole point of the importance of the spears is that they're only 28, so they're unbelievably valuable (hence all the trouble they do to recapture them, as has been shown). But now, it feels like weird. It feels forced, because one has to believe that, after more thazn 600 years, they only figured it out how to make and made the artificial Kabizashi just now, in the nick of time, right before a major battle. Right.

They will most likely just fankwank it being taken from the aux-brain when they accessed it.
Jun 14, 2014 4:09 AM

Nov 2013
Looks like Nagate still doesn't get that being promoted = death.

I don't really have much to say about this episode, it was good.
Nagate and his badass new mecha, and dat fucking sound effect when he hit the Gauna *_*
Ehh Kunato.. I guess I'm a little disappointed that he wasn't being tortured this time, but at the same time it's nice to see him actually trying to do something useful in his time off.

And HOOOOOOLYYYYYYY SHIIITTT O___O
Dat fucking cliff hanger..
Jun 14, 2014 5:17 AM

Nov 2010
Izana was so cute, poor Nagate getting beat up like punching bag again
I liked the background of the Gauna explained with the human fusion
Saving the 100.000 emigrants was a nice scene with the two blasts

Hoshijiro's connection with Nagate seems to be still there
The next encounter with the humoungus Gauna is going to be epic
Jun 14, 2014 7:38 AM

Jul 2007
1lau said:

I liked the background of the Gauna explained with the human fusion

no it was not. THIS SPECIFIC ONE thing that was shown to Nagate is a hybrid of human and gauna DNA. The origin or purpose of gauna as creatures is still unknown.

Hoshijiro's connection with Nagate seems to be still there

Except that its not Hoshijiro? Its not even the same body?
Jun 14, 2014 8:12 AM

Feb 2013
http://i.imgur.com/JoMggx9.jpg
Nagate is such a freak. I like it.

I liked the little scooby doo action we got early on. Love the atmosphere of the show.
Jun 14, 2014 10:31 AM

Aug 2010
Lol'd at Nagate's beaten up face XD

And their reactions to to Nagate knowing where the door is by smell was lol

Nagate was shown quite the secret classified info there. And he now knows about Izana's grandma.

Seems like Hiroki really took into account everything when training Nagate. He trained him with everything he knows.

How Nagate piloted that propulsion system was awesome and DEM SHOTS!! Looked so epic :D This guy's BA!! And quite an evolution for battles now.

It was nice seeing captain thinking about how she'll change her ways before it's too late and Nagate ends up revolting against her.

Why is Benisuzume so cute >.< Lol'd at Nagate's reaction to her writing his name. He was jumping from happiness :3

Izana is jelly as **** and she's now a pilot? I doubt she's gonna be dying though.

AND Damn!! 8000x the size of Sidonia O_O Shit got real!!
Jun 14, 2014 11:20 AM
Jan 2011
So, Tanikaze officially has a harem, So I wonder if there is a possibility that Benisuzume could be turned back into Hoshijiro?

Also, another Gauna has appeared, this is much bigger than the last one, so the question now is will Izana gonna die?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2014

227 by fooumies »»
Dec 21, 2023 5:12 AM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

135 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 1:33 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

117 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2014

163 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 11:27 AM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

266 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 10:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.