Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mushishi
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 6, 2014 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm glad the show is back this week and it was a solid episode.

I kinda liked how Ginko dealt with the trouble this epiode. Got a little weird but that's what Ginko does. I like how he is able to divert some of those into other places for their nests. Pretty interesting ending though. Moving in that dead calm~

Stark700Jun 6, 2014 4:29 PM
Jun 6, 2014 11:10 AM

Aug 2008
Stark700 said:
I like how he is able to divert some of those into other places for their nests.
Yep, I totally forgot that he can use his smoke this way! Fortunately, Ginko didn't leave right after the mother got well. It's kind of sad that he left his homeland on bad terms, but I would have left if I was in his place too.
Jun 6, 2014 1:59 PM
Sep 2013
where is the episode out subbed? i can only find raws :(
Jun 6, 2014 2:45 PM
Jan 2014
Finally a new episode!
I wish the last two episodes didn't have a delay of an entire week.
Anyways, this episode was amazing as usual.
The Torikaze are beautiful, and are quite helpful towards sailing.
Ibuki seemed like an interesting fellow.
He just had to whistle during night time, when Ginko warned him not to.
So much for his promotion, now that the ship he was sailing on, sank due to the Yobiko.
It seems that he has a nice family.
Adashino is quite the greedy one.
The scene when Ginko lured the Yobiko out of the house was amazing.
I can't believe Ibuki called the Yobiko for a second time.
Good thing Ginko was there.
Jun 6, 2014 2:46 PM

Jun 2013
That ending with all the Torikaze eating the Yobiko was pretty awesome. I also like the way that Ginko dealt with the situation in the episode. How he talks about making sure all the mushi return and stay in the place they are meant to be and not to use them for your own purposes. Very nice episode indeed.
Jun 6, 2014 3:18 PM

Aug 2010
Preach him Ginko! :D

Poor Ginko having to deal with a brat this time XD

Loved the end with the Torikaze eating the Yobiki. So awesome.

And really missed sensei and Ginko's interactions XD
Jun 6, 2014 3:55 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Mushi Trivia

Ibuki was pro at controlling the Torikaze with his whistle. Even Ginko couldn't grasp his awesome ability.
However, his whistling brings about a mishap at night which he was warned by Ginko beforehand.

Adashino trying to sneak at Ginko's backpack and getting caught by him was hilarious! XD

Ginko using his rock whistle to lure out the Yobiko to their home was awesome. Liked how he started smoking once the Yobiko clinging on to him begin to disperse. Such a boss!
Though, they still looked a bit eerie moving along as a group..

Ginko's philosophical reasoning with Ibuki about his conducts was nice.
He finally realizes his wrongdoing and decides to put an end to it and disappear afterwards..

The Torikaze snatching away the Yobiko was an epic scene.

Great episode! The cry of the Torikaze sounds spooky but still beautiful in a way!

Jun 6, 2014 4:36 PM

Jul 2012
Another great episode!
I'm glad we finally got this one xD
Jun 6, 2014 4:42 PM

Aug 2012
Welcome back mushisi, welcome back img

Good to see the doc again. The Torikaze scene was epic indeed, as was Ginko smoking the Yobiko out.

Another bittersweet one.
Jun 6, 2014 4:46 PM

Nov 2011
A good day today - Img-kun back and the return of Mushishi.
Jun 6, 2014 4:50 PM

Jan 2008
I wonder if these stories come from timeless troubles of adolescents to adults, but superimposed into the world of Mushishi? Example: "She'll never be my real mom" - Ibuki, implied step mother, ungrateful parents that only see the bad in their children instead of the good, taking responsibility for ones own actions, running away from home...all wrapped up in one episode.
Jun 6, 2014 5:02 PM

Jul 2010
Ginko with all those Yobiko! I would be scared.
I disliked Ibuki for a second there. Glad he fixed his own problem even if he hated the place. Ibuki's tear was a pretty amazing thing to see.
That scene were the Torikaze completely destroying the house, especially when they were flying out was beautiful!
The Torikaze are definitely a good mushi! Glad to see that Ibuki left there and went on to be a sailor.
Since the Torikaze sleeps at night, it is the time where there is no predator for the Yobiko.
Jun 6, 2014 5:27 PM

Oct 2013
Ginko is back! :) The crazy doc really made me laugh, trying to take Ginko's box :) Great episode, as usual....
Jun 6, 2014 6:13 PM

Oct 2012
lol throughout the ED i feel like i could still hear the whistling
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Jun 6, 2014 6:56 PM

Dec 2012
What a beautiful and cool eps. I glad to finally see Ginko again this week......I seriously hope they stop w/ this every-other-week shit, though (or if nothing else at least freakin' tell us it's not gonna be on next week).

I have to be blunt when I say, I don't feel sorry one damn bit for what happen to their home! I think it was utterly deplorable as to how his parents--especially his step-mother--treated him. And I was down-right PISSED at what the hell came out her mouth after he worked so hard to buy her that beautiful gift! I don't care if money was tight and that she felt he could of just bought home the money instead....like my mama used to say (rest her soul) 'there's a way you go about saying things to people'. She DID NOT have to come out of her mouth in such a callous way that she did! My heart absolutely BROKE when I saw that look on his face. And his father has the nerve to call him the 'ingrate'......pfft, sounds more like the pot (or pots if you include the step-mom) calling the kettle black, there ever was one. <_<

However, I got to give Ginko kudos to how he handled it, too. Not only w/ getting rid of the Yoriba but also realizing Ibuki's hurt and demoralization of being rejected and yet still explain to him (w/o chastizing him) while he may be upset and want to think of using the mushi to get even there's also a price to pay bending the rules of those kinds of things of nature, blindly. I think it was beautifully poetic way of Ginko to help remind him not to abuse such a beautiful ability he was for the wrong reason--yet he left it his hands to decide the best path to continue his life.

Very poigant to see Ibuki shed those tears, and basically saying 'fuck it, I'll let it ago....and you all, too. I'm not going to try to please you all anymore, but live my life w/ people who will appreciate me.'. Let his 'parents' see how far they get, w/o Ibuki going and trying to make money to bring home to them.
Jun 6, 2014 7:04 PM

Sep 2012
My god, that brat was so annoying.
Jun 6, 2014 7:50 PM

Sep 2011
I love how half the people hate the boy and the other half hate the way the parents treated him, just goes to show what a well crafted premise it was.

Amazing episode like always.
Jun 6, 2014 8:02 PM

Jan 2013
Beautiful as usual. I'm glad Ginko played a more solid role than he has during most of the previous episodes this season.

BTW, without going back and re-watching some of season1, has anyone else noticed the lack of OST's used so far this season compared to the first season? I feel like all of the amazing OST's are being wasted because they are hardly being used :
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2014 8:06 PM

May 2012
That Torikaze are indeed beautiful. While those Yobiko are creepy. And I can't stop laughing when the Torizake wrecked the house.
Jun 6, 2014 8:31 PM
May 2009
manlyflower said:
I love how half the people hate the boy and the other half hate the way the parents treated him, just goes to show what a well crafted premise it was.

Amazing episode like always.

I completely agree. I think that the reason that people are divided on who to hate is because both the boy and parents had some fault. The boy, for choosing to hurt someone else because of his resentment, and his parents for being ungrateful and thinking the worst of him.
Jun 6, 2014 8:31 PM
Nov 2013
While the story and character drama were weak in terms of Mushishi standards the imagery in this episode was as up to standards.
NiyawaJun 19, 2014 10:02 AM
Jun 6, 2014 8:43 PM

Nov 2011
Felt it was rather cruel for the kid to think it's okay if her mother died since she wasn't even his real mother. Good to see he made the wise choice, but I suppose after destroying his home since he used the Mushi as he pleased the consequences caught up and he truly had no home to return to.

Good end though, he's back on a ship and it seems he found a new respect for the Mushi.

Really enjoyed the humor between the doctor and Ginko and seeing Ginko covered in Mushi not phased a bit gave me chills.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jun 6, 2014 9:00 PM

Aug 2013
Why can't Mushishi just go on forever? I am very anxious that there are only 4 episodes left.
Jun 6, 2014 9:53 PM

Jan 2013
lampshades120 said:
Why can't Mushishi just go on forever? I am very anxious that there are only 4 episodes left.

Don't forget that there will be more this fall!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2014 10:03 PM

Aug 2013
Really? You wish death upon a family member because "she'll never be my real mom" and also because she didn't appreciate your gift? Seriously? Death upon a family member. DEATH. Let that sink in.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 6, 2014 10:06 PM

Jun 2013
My mom used to tell me an urban myth that when you whistle at night snakes would come out... Now I know what she means haha
Jun 6, 2014 10:28 PM

Jul 2010
Litrydow said:
My god, that brat was so annoying.

I agree, but anyway it seems he sorted with his mind and used his ability for a good purpose. Anyway, such a beautiful episode as always. It was good to see again Adashino even for a brief moment.
Jun 6, 2014 11:08 PM

Oct 2013
MsDiva said:
What a beautiful and cool eps. I glad to finally see Ginko again this week......I seriously hope they stop w/ this every-other-week shit, though (or if nothing else at least freakin' tell us it's not gonna be on next week).

I have to be blunt when I say, I don't feel sorry one damn bit for what happen to their home! I think it was utterly deplorable as to how his parents--especially his step-mother--treated him. And I was down-right PISSED at what the hell came out her mouth after he worked so hard to buy her that beautiful gift! I don't care if money was tight and that she felt he could of just bought home the money instead....like my mama used to say (rest her soul) 'there's a way you go about saying things to people'. She DID NOT have to come out of her mouth in such a callous way that she did! My heart absolutely BROKE when I saw that look on his face. And his father has the nerve to call him the 'ingrate'......pfft, sounds more like the pot (or pots if you include the step-mom) calling the kettle black, there ever was one. <_<

However, I got to give Ginko kudos to how he handled it, too. Not only w/ getting rid of the Yoriba but also realizing Ibuki's hurt and demoralization of being rejected and yet still explain to him (w/o chastizing him) while he may be upset and want to think of using the mushi to get even there's also a price to pay bending the rules of those kinds of things of nature, blindly. I think it was beautifully poetic way of Ginko to help remind him not to abuse such a beautiful ability he was for the wrong reason--yet he left it his hands to decide the best path to continue his life.

Very poigant to see Ibuki shed those tears, and basically saying 'fuck it, I'll let it ago....and you all, too. I'm not going to try to please you all anymore, but live my life w/ people who will appreciate me.'. Let his 'parents' see how far they get, w/o Ibuki going and trying to make money to bring home to them.

this. well-said
Jun 7, 2014 12:51 AM

Jan 2008
This was a weird episode.

First of all, the guy decides to whistle at night even though Ginko told him not to. Maybe he just forgot but it seems weird how he never did it before, but he decides to do it now after being told explicitly something bad would happen. They could have handled it better by introducing a really good reason for him to whistle instead of just for fun.

Then he goes and calls the snakes again just because his mother is not a real mother? What the hell? I guess he is just a spoiled brat but he did not seem like this from the beginning of the episode, which makes his actions seem illogical again to me. Then in the end he called the birds but destroyed the house. I'm not sure if that was on purpose or he just could not control his ability well, but if it was on purpose - again - a little overkill there isn't it.

I guess the episode could have provided better reason of him to be so resentful because as things were I did not get the impression he was treated so badly by his family.

Other than that, it was another beautiful episode with some wise words from Ginko.
Jun 7, 2014 1:47 AM
Jun 2013
Darklord_bg said:
This was a weird episode.

First of all, the guy decides to whistle at night even though Ginko told him not to. Maybe he just forgot but it seems weird how he never did it before, but he decides to do it now after being told explicitly something bad would happen. They could have handled it better by introducing a really good reason for him to whistle instead of just for fun.

Then he goes and calls the snakes again just because his mother is not a real mother? What the hell? I guess he is just a spoiled brat but he did not seem like this from the beginning of the episode, which makes his actions seem illogical again to me. Then in the end he called the birds but destroyed the house. I'm not sure if that was on purpose or he just could not control his ability well, but if it was on purpose - again - a little overkill there isn't it.

I guess the episode could have provided better reason of him to be so resentful because as things were I did not get the impression he was treated so badly by his family.

Other than that, it was another beautiful episode with some wise words from Ginko.

I think you should re-watch. He was told that they're going to hire him as a full-fledged sailor. He whistled not for fun but because he was so happy that he forgot. Then he noticed nothing happened, so he whistled again to celebrate.

After his ship sunk, his step-mother didn't even look glad to know that he's safe (Seriously, he's almost dead and her only concern was his job and money). Then he presented her the gift he bought as celebration before, hoping that she would be happy but no, she obviously didn't appreciate it. Why bought something expensive when he could use the money to feed the family? That was her only concern. She never knew that he was promoted before the accident, neither did he talk about it. Why should he talk? She never cared anyway.

Then the Yobiko came. He realized that everything was his fault. He's nothing but a burden and no one appreciated his existence so the kid became depressed and wished everything just go away. It's thanks to Ginko that he managed to understand that his ability worth thousands and that there's still a meaning to his life somewhere. That's why he agreed to call forth the Torikaze.

You need to understand their feelings and situation before criticizing their actions.

Edit: As for Torikaze destroying the house. He couldn't control that. All he did was calling them. Like what Ginko and Ibuki said, Torikaze have their own needs and wants. That house was practically their hunting-ground, and unlike the open-area ship, it was all-closed so it's to be expected for the house to get blown away. Don't blame him on everything.
gladionixJun 7, 2014 2:09 AM
Jun 7, 2014 2:33 AM

Oct 2012
Always refreshing to see Ginko and Adashino together

Jun 7, 2014 2:45 AM
Jul 2018
Another great episode.
I loved how they crafted the releationship between son and stepparents and the sea scenery.
Hopefully,we won't have to wait for next episode another two weeks.
Jun 7, 2014 2:48 AM

Apr 2013
I guess the danger attracts people, and after Ginko told him not to do it, he just really wanted to whistle at night now!

Nice to see Adashino again! :)

Ginko reminded me of the tale of "The Pied Piper of Hamelin" when he took out the Yobiko. Quite possible that it was inspired by that a bit, if you ask me!

I hope we don't have to wait so long anymore, that's just too cruel!
Jun 7, 2014 3:15 AM

Mar 2013
Yes, the doctor's back! I love him a lot. Trying to swipe shit though, damn, I remember that episode with the kids and the ink stone, you've got tons of weird mushi junk already, calm down.
Jun 7, 2014 7:35 AM

Oct 2013
devo for their house
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 7, 2014 10:22 AM

Jun 2009
Highlight of the week: Adashino. I was so happy to see him again. He hasn't changed a tiny bit, has he!

Ginko was as cool as ever. He really is a Mushi master. ... and his weak attempt to whistle was hilarious.

As for the episode, I found it especially calming. Everyone gets caught in the tide; the important thing is riding out the storm, being a sailor in life. He did well.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Jun 7, 2014 11:02 AM

Jan 2013
Really liked this episode.
Nice animation too
Jun 7, 2014 2:37 PM

Jul 2012
So the kid became a wind sailing master.

Great episode!!!
Jun 7, 2014 9:33 PM

Aug 2008
Another good episode. Like how Ginko decided to let the kid make the decision himself. The scene when the bird damaging the house make me laugh.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 8, 2014 6:11 AM

Oct 2010
Always listen to Ginko.
Jun 8, 2014 10:31 AM

Aug 2011
Man, those yobiko seriously creeped me out. Especially when they were swarming Ginko.
Jun 8, 2014 11:22 AM

May 2011
I wanted to smack that kid so badly. I liked Ginko's speech to him.
Jun 8, 2014 3:46 PM

Mar 2011
Watching this episode made me think about how the elders taught us about whistling to call the wind when the days are hot and the wind is still...

Interesting episode!
Jun 8, 2014 11:51 PM

Aug 2012
manlyflower said:

Compared to me, who disliked the whole lot of them.

yodsanklai said:
While the story and character drama were weak in terms of Mushishi standards the imagery in this episode was as up to standards.

This basically summarizes my thoughts on the episode. I definitely did love seeing Adashino again, his interactions with Ginko were amusing as perusal. & I also, really loved the OST, particularly during Ginko's speech to Ibuki.

As a whole though, what makes this episode stand out, at least for me, was the imagery. The episode was breathtaking at points, particularly the ending the sequence with the Torikaze eating the Yobiko while totally fucking shit up for the family.

Now please Mushishi, don't leave me again next week.
Jun 9, 2014 4:58 AM

Jun 2010
Let us make haste, lest the wind ceases.
"Deep."
Jun 9, 2014 11:55 AM

Nov 2010
Impressive again with Ibuki calling out the Torikaze Mushi to create wind for the boat
It's a bit from Ginko to give and advice to him to to call out after dusk as if he's never done it before

When Ibuki actually whistled during that time these snakeworms came instead
I wonder if that shiny shell was meant for his mother
It was nice to see Adashino appear again trying to get Ginko's premium items xD

For Ginko using the stone whistle to lure away the mushi it felt similar to "Pied Piper of Hamelin"
I thought it ended all well, but Ibuki whistle at night again to kill her mother
That was sad drama and a big surprise to me with such an evil intent

Ginko managed to persuade him to the good side and towards the last scene of the Torikaze preying the mushi with Ibuki whistling at dawn at the end was great

At the final seeing one boat sailing away at a clam sea along with the Torikaze ended as usual, calmly
Jun 9, 2014 12:37 PM

Jul 2013
The kid is a jackass
Jun 9, 2014 1:56 PM

Oct 2013
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!

The best episode so far...
Jun 9, 2014 6:55 PM

Aug 2012
I'm a few day behind but man, this episode is truly remarkable.
The episode explained how people changed when entrusted with power. For worse or for better. Only them can make the choices of which path they want to follow.

Good stuff good stuff
Jun 9, 2014 9:20 PM

May 2013
Great episode. I liked the premise of a selfish person using the mushi to satisfy his needs and disregard everyone else. That kid was truly a jerk.
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is it just me?

Jundal - Dec 29, 2023

9 by Lockensocke »»
Apr 30, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Zoku Shou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2014

157 by Pokitaru »»
Mar 15, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Mushishi Zoku Shou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2014

175 by Pokitaru »»
Mar 2, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Zoku Shou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2014

93 by skatensleep »»
Dec 6, 2023 8:30 AM

Poll: » Mushishi Zoku Shou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2014

116 by skatensleep »»
Dec 6, 2023 7:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.