Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 21, 2009 12:55 AM

Apr 2009
omg cant wait to see Mustang vs Fuhrer discussion o_O
that bastard
Sep 21, 2009 1:14 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
woah. where is Ed!?

can't wait to find out what happens.

awesome Roy x Riza moments :3
p r o f i l e 👀
Sep 21, 2009 1:42 AM

Jul 2008
Bio said:
adamantine said:
Yeah, it makes Ling look upset about her being injured where in the manga the implication is he could never hurt her, period. The manga scene echoes the reaction Hughes has to seeing his wife. So basically they're trying to kill the Ling/Lan Fan ship. >.>
That seems like reaching to me. I certainly didn't get that impression. In fact, I feel that removing the mask makes it easier to understand as a matter of attraction rather than loyalty to a subordinate.
Well, they kept trying to kill the Roy/Riza moments but finally stopped. So I assume they will go the same route for Ling and Lan Fan. So far only Ed and Winry's moments have been relatively untouched.

Also I just realized Envy never saw the bandaged up Lan Fan. So... that's even weirder.

BEGINNER
Sep 21, 2009 2:31 AM

Feb 2008
adamantine said:

Also I just realized Envy never saw the bandaged up Lan Fan. So... that's even weirder.

Envy was watching as the dog when they where waiting at the car.
Sep 21, 2009 3:23 AM

Mar 2009
They did it again.

AWESOME episode!
Sep 21, 2009 3:38 AM

Jul 2008
Feball3001 said:
adamantine said:

Envy was watching as the dog when they where waiting at the car.
Oh, jeez I didn't even notice. D:

BEGINNER
Sep 21, 2009 4:50 AM
May 2008
Great episode and like others have said the next episode will be all sorts of baddassery.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Sep 21, 2009 7:43 AM
Feb 2009
Pretty sure the reason Envy turned into bandaged Lan Fan in the anime was because they cut his earlier fight with Lin and her. Thus he never saw her masked, but only injured when Lin was helping her to the car.
Sep 21, 2009 7:48 AM

Sep 2009
military is pretty messed up
Sep 21, 2009 8:44 AM

Apr 2009
He...he threw the panda DX DO NOT WANT

Useless, useless Roiii-chan~

'WHO ARE YOU CALLING A WATER FLEA, PARAMECIUM, MIDGET?!' - YUSSS they kept his exaggeration xD

-Crowning Music of Awesome starting- '...of royal bloodline-' 'Go 'head and drink him.' -music DECAAAY-
Lol.

...is it just me, or did the subbers make a mistake? It should be 'crossed swords with Wrath', not Lust... o.O Whooa.

(no spoiler here, just a pic)
- makes me a happy panda x3

Once again, I confirmed that I love Al's seiyuu.

The episode was very good, but the scene where Mustang walks into the meeting, then changing the scene to the stomach with Roy's words in the background, and finally the scene inside it, with the epic music...it was PERFECT. I got chills all over.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Sep 21, 2009 9:05 AM

Oct 2007
Oh my god, Envy ♥
Sep 21, 2009 9:29 AM

Jul 2009
Pretty awesome episode and I hope they follow the manga like this from now on...the earlier eps were a bit rushed or a bit boring imo
Sep 21, 2009 10:22 AM

Nov 2007
ahahaha okay i got my weekly dose of yao ling awesomeness haha
Sep 21, 2009 10:23 AM

Jun 2009
I just can't stop loving it.
Sep 21, 2009 12:05 PM

Jul 2008
phew again a cool ep. the ate them? now i wonder how they will get out. but i still dont know if ling is strong or not^^ think they will learn about envy more next week.

Sep 21, 2009 12:35 PM

Jul 2008
o they trap >_<
what will Ed do now?
Sep 21, 2009 12:50 PM
Dec 2007
Quite a good episode, despite a weak first half. It seems like things will get complicated from now on. Nice cliffhanger as usual (and weak introduction/beginning of development, but I already wrote it).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 21, 2009 1:59 PM
Sep 2009
I got kinda sidetracked at the end when I saw lings body blown if half O.o but the preview shows hes alive so its cool xP.
Sep 21, 2009 2:51 PM

Nov 2007
Looking forward to the next episode.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Sep 21, 2009 3:00 PM

Sep 2008
Its weird how nobody mentioned that envy keeps referring to Ling fighting Lust but that fight never even happened in the anime. Its so pathetic that they couldn't even edit the dialogues to adjust for that fact. The rest was good.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Sep 21, 2009 3:12 PM

Nov 2008
that was epic but they took out dr. marcoh's line......
Sep 21, 2009 3:14 PM

Nov 2008
eyerok said:
Its weird how nobody mentioned that envy keeps referring to Ling fighting Lust but that fight never even happened in the anime. Its so pathetic that they couldn't even edit the dialogues to adjust for that fact. The rest was good.

um....envy kept refering to ling fighting wrath, not lust lol
Sep 21, 2009 3:56 PM

Sep 2008
suigetsu00 said:
eyerok said:

wait..really?

I got pwned lol
that's what you get for not paying attention :P
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Sep 21, 2009 4:06 PM

Mar 2009
awesome episode! the preview sounds promising too.
Sep 21, 2009 4:08 PM

Aug 2008
So, being swallowed by Gluttony and remaining alive is possible... oh cut the bull crap...
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Sep 21, 2009 4:13 PM

May 2007
Omg shit was epic. I wonder what Ed finds inside Gluttony. :O

Sep 21, 2009 4:33 PM

Aug 2008
Shit is gonna go DOWN.

Sep 21, 2009 4:38 PM

May 2009
Gawd. This is saddening. I realized i had nothing better to do than watch Fullmetal Alchemist: brotherhood. But holly crap, this is so good. At this point it's like drugs.

Top it with an excellent cliffhanger. This kills me T.T
Sep 21, 2009 5:30 PM

Aug 2008
Not a bad episode. I was much more interested in Mustang's developments than Ed's. Being trapped in Gulttony's stomach is just dumb to me. I really want that little battle to be over. Ling v. Envy was good though. I think I'm pretty much liking Ling because of Miyano Mamorou, because I'm not seeing any reason to like him contextually. Also, a couple of the comedic moments really intruded on the tension, especially the panda on Mustang and Envy siccing Gluttony on Ling.
Sep 21, 2009 5:40 PM

Feb 2009
Haha, what a f*cked up situation for Ed and Roy. Though both will probably be okay, the Homonculus don't seem to want to get rid of them just yet. I wonder what happened to Envy, with 3/4 of his body being in Gluttony, can he survive that?
Sep 21, 2009 6:46 PM

Feb 2009
I'm so happy that I haven't read the manga. I just love the surprises and the cliffhangers in this series :)

Sep 21, 2009 7:53 PM

Aug 2009
hahaha
i like this one
who said mustang is high and mighty
look at his face
lol
XD

looiwanlinSep 21, 2009 8:00 PM
Sep 21, 2009 9:27 PM

May 2009
Fai said:
GRGRHRGHRHRGH, missed half of t.

But what I have seen seemed great :3

Just rewatch the whole thing on animeblogz.com.

Gluttony is just disgusting.

Ooooh shit, Mustang's in trouble... and so is Ed, for that matter.

Can't wait for next week's episode!!
AikaHimeSep 21, 2009 9:33 PM
Sep 21, 2009 9:33 PM

Feb 2008
Bio said:
adamantine said:
Jaymie said:
They're really doing the manga justice now (even though they made some weird changes, such as... Envy transforming into an injured Lan Fan instead of a masked one).
Yeah, it makes Ling look upset about her being injured where in the manga the implication is he could never hurt her, period. The manga scene echoes the reaction Hughes has to seeing his wife. So basically they're trying to kill the Ling/Lan Fan ship. >.>

That seems like reaching to me. I certainly didn't get that impression. In fact, I feel that removing the mask makes it easier to understand as a matter of attraction rather than loyalty to a subordinate.

I also felt that way! And Envy as injuried Ran Fan looked cuter and more defenceless... My heart stopped for a moment at that scene ;-;
I'm glad there's more Xing action. Really. I just love Ling, and his fight with Envy, although it was a bit short, showed he's not just the comedy character.

Roy's TENSE situation, OMG!!!
I totally forgot about that in the manga. I'm not even bothering to read the manga all over again, first because I don't have time and second because I don't want to be all "ah, but they didn't put that in the anime" or "they forgot about that scene" or "this scene is not like that!" and etc...

I'm just loving FMA:B, cause I totally hated the first one. And OMG OMG Ed is sooo sexy in FMA:B ;---; I'm having major fangarsms with my fav chibi <333
[I can call him chibi, I'm the same size as he is ;__; *Ed complex as well*]

Can't wait for the next episode!! *__* Inside Gluttony, oh yeah!!

PS: Gluttony's inside reminds me of Pandora Hearts' Abyss. Or I'm just too fanatic about PH u_u oh well.
Sep 21, 2009 11:14 PM

Sep 2008
Love it, as always, of course. That's not really surprising, though.
Ed and Roy are in tight situations~
Yay for RoyAi scenes.
Sep 21, 2009 11:23 PM

Apr 2009
Another great episode, it definitely didn't feel like a full 20 minutes. Perfect cliffhanger ending, now we just have to wait a whole 'nother week. XD
Can't wait for the various awesome-ness that's in store in the next episode. Won't be specific, so's not to spoil people. >3<

adamantine said:
Jaymie said:
They're really doing the manga justice now (even though they made some weird changes, such as... Envy transforming into an injured Lan Fan instead of a masked one).

Really? I felt the implication was still there, not just that he was upset about her being hurt. I think they must have changed it because they thought seeing her face would make it more personal? Idk. I highly, highly doubt they are going to kill any of the canon ships.
Sep 22, 2009 12:25 AM
Sep 2009
eyerok said:
suigetsu00 said:
eyerok said:

wait..really?

I got pwned lol

No, Envy definatly said Lust. I mean, wtf?
Sep 22, 2009 12:27 AM
Sep 2009
JewkanoB said:
I got kinda sidetracked at the end when I saw lings body blown if half O.o but the preview shows hes alive so its cool xP.

Envy was the one blown in half.
Sep 22, 2009 1:18 AM

Sep 2008
LordofCorruption said:
eyerok said:
suigetsu00 said:
eyerok said:

wait..really?

I got pwned lol

thank you for unpwning me :P
see...the lust fight happened in the manga but they cut it out in the anime. Thats a very stupid oversight I say. Someone should be fired for this :P
Sep 22, 2009 4:13 AM
Jun 2008
thought i was the only one that noticed that..i was like WTF are they talking about, what ling and lust fight lol
Sep 22, 2009 4:50 AM
Sep 2009
eyerok said:
LordofCorruption said:
eyerok said:
suigetsu00 said:
eyerok said:

wait..really?

I got pwned lol

thank you for unpwning me :P
see...the lust fight happened in the manga but they cut it out in the anime. Thats a very stupid oversight I say. Someone should be fired for this :P

I can't really recall Lin having ever fought against Lust in the manga. Went back to read, but I can't find a single image where they even meet each other.

So yeah, fire whoever wrote that part in. And those who didn't notice it during production.
Sep 22, 2009 6:30 AM

Apr 2009
Naah, it wasn't the scriptwriter's fault, only the subbers'!
Some of us just watched the subs with the mistake xP I am 100% positive that it was WRITTEN 'crossed swords with Lust' BUT... while what Envy said really could've been either Lust or Wrath (cause their pronunciation is very similar the way the Japanese say wrath), the subbers should've known better than that. It was something like 'rasto' for Lust and 'ra[h]ss' for Wrath...Don't shoot, that was just phonetic xP
CenedessSep 22, 2009 6:34 AM
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Sep 22, 2009 8:46 AM

Jul 2009
Nice little episode though a bit to many "non serious scenes" if you ask me.

And am I the only one who started to laugh when Hawkeye handed him the gun?

I was like "WTH is is supposed to do with that 12 clip peashooter against a massive self regenerating lump of meat"
I see the point in trying to make it all serious, giving him the item designed to kill peoples etc.
But still laughable xD

Very nice cliffhanger, cant wait to see how he gets out of there =O
Sep 22, 2009 9:25 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
EternalDreamer said:
And am I the only one who started to laugh when Hawkeye handed him the gun?
Yeah that seemed a bit pointless. But I guess it would be enough to e. g. make your escape.

Really enjoyed the episode, looking forward to the fight in the dark belly lol.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 22, 2009 10:07 AM
Sep 2009
LordofCorruption said:
eyerok said:
suigetsu00 said:
eyerok said:

wait..really?

I got pwned lol

Not in the Eclipse subs - he definitely says Wrath. (As I don't speak Japanese, I can't say whether or not he says "Wrath" in the original dialogue, or if Eclipse just realized the mistake and fixed it for the English subs.)
Sep 22, 2009 11:47 AM

Jan 2009
Doctor Marcoh : o
And really, Envy looks all but male >.> He's goddamn ugly.
And I'm doing as always, watching the episode at the same time as writing now.

First of all, gotta say... Gluttony is.. scary shit O.O
Cool first attack by Mustang btw, although it was completely uneffective xD
And what was that strange dog that Ling spotted? : o
Baaaawww too bad Mustang was of no use there really xD

Now we'll get action with Ed, Al and Ling, wohoo : D ...wait the dog : o baaaaw Envy =.=' He's such a jerk.

Also Bradley/Wrath's son, that Selim kid, damn that's an annoying voice he's got >.>

And Lan Fan's too dedicated to her liege : o

Now this is getting interesting, Mustang got himself into a rather tricky situation there : 3

And this.. is even more interesting, Ed's inside Gluttony's stomach, and Ling's probably there too then : o
Too bad the episode ended there, and still it's a really great ED song, it's awesome : D

So, next episode'll be pretty interesting too, it seems : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 22, 2009 12:15 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode. Can't wait for the next few episodes.
Especially the revelations of the remaining homunculi (It'll take more episodes, but it's gonna be worth the wait)
Sep 22, 2009 12:20 PM

May 2009
Although I can say I'm a moderate anime watcher, I've never quite understood their seasons. (13 or 26?) So like only two more episodes and then season is over? Then what? Do we have to wait like we do for American TV shows? House just came back on and I'm just so happy. I dunno what I'd do without FMA. It's the only anime I'm currently watching.
Sep 22, 2009 1:47 PM

Jan 2008
Great episode. I wish they would cut down on the comedy though, it really intrudes on the seriousness of the situation.

Sep 22, 2009 2:01 PM

Jun 2009
They are doing such an amazing job with this series, the first one was good but this blows it AWAY.
Are they going for 51 episodes again?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.