Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 23, 2014 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Chaika's curiosity is quite something XD. She's like a kid this episode.

The episode felt a little like a cat and mouse game. And they also meet quite a strange fellow. I don't trust him though. The episode felt like an adventure. At least they got that vehicle moving now. Those dogs looked fierce though.

Snap, the ending ;o
Apr 23, 2014 10:06 AM

Mar 2014
I like Akari. She sometimes said unbelievable words without her expression. lol. Furthermore, she isn't a childish character of cute type, altough she is an imouto. Such a young sister is very rare in anime nowadays.

Their adventure in this episode was like an old orthodox fantasy RPG. They went to a new town, and they listened to inhabitants of it about new informations, and they got a car...the battle against monsters...finally they met a new face.

I can't wait for the next ep. In my opinion, the new face at the end is maybe the feudal lord of that area.
dmrchApr 23, 2014 12:23 PM
Apr 23, 2014 11:32 AM

Jul 2013
A nice episode. Two new mysterious faces. The action scenes so far have been pretty good. Hopefully the quality stays this way for the rest of the show instead of a first impression type of thing.

Also my subtitles said dragoon. Like the warrior? But the description of this so called 'dragoon' sounded like a legitimate dragon. Can anyone clarify?
Apr 23, 2014 11:44 AM

Nov 2008
ihusmal1234 said:

Also my subtitles said dragoon. Like the warrior? But the description of this so called 'dragoon' sounded like a legitimate dragon. Can anyone clarify?

Dragoon Cavalier is something like a "Dragon Tamer" or someone that acquired the power of a "Dragoon" by having a contract with it, since "Dragoon" are powerful Dragon creature being Intelligent and having Magical powers.. Well I think that's what it means according to the manga.
Apr 23, 2014 11:45 AM

Mar 2014
ihusmal1234 said:

I had also a same question. They said "dragoon" in raw. (I don't know about sub.) In ordinary, it means warriors with guns who ride horses. But their description about "dragoon" was just it of dragons itself.

Nyashuki said:
Dragoon Cavalier is something like a "Dragon Tamer" or someone that acquired the power of a "Dragoon" by having a contract with it, since "Dragoon" are powerful Dragon creature being Intelligent and having Magical powers.. Well I think that's what it means according to the manga.

Thank you.
dmrchApr 23, 2014 11:50 AM
Apr 23, 2014 12:04 PM

Aug 2010
Nice ep. Loving this series :D Good job Bones ^^

Akari is really quite unique for an imouto XD Loving her a lot :3 The way she's so nonchalant and calm while saying really ridiculous things is funny ^^

Her horror story was lol and Chaika was cute.

Like when she said she was fluttering thinking how she's gonna be sleeping with Toru XD

And how she keeps saying stuff too late and Toru telling her u should've said so earlier XD

Guy is quite the mystery. I have no idea what that person is thinking and how he knows all that.

The Gillete squad conversation felt like lots of foreshadowing. I'm sure the memory gap Chaika has will be important.

Those beasts were quite awesomely animated. They look really well detailed and creepy. Nice seeing Dominica appear. She looks BA! Just yelled at them and they scrammed.

I can't wait for nxt ep. Seems like Toru and Akari will be fighting her?
Apr 23, 2014 12:05 PM

Dec 2010
Great episode! Chaika got lots of cute moments, and we learned a bit more about her back story and how she's going about collecting the remains.

I don't trust Guy either, but I have to say that the new character at the end was most definitely Dominica!

The beginning part of this episode just gave me a stupid grin that wouldn't go away. Definitely loving this series!
Apr 23, 2014 12:23 PM

Jan 2009
1. Since I'm not really fond of the characters, this ep was pretty boring. It's like I've seen it already

2. Wonder what chaika plans to do once she's gathered all the emperor's remains. Seems like she's either the antagonist or being used

3/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 23, 2014 12:26 PM

Jul 2010
Guy is mysterious! But they have no other information if they don't trust Guy.
Will she hand over a part of the king's remains... she doesn't seem bad since she saved Toru.
Chaika's background is quite shrouded... maybe a plot twist later?

Well, good episode, added more to the anime.
Apr 23, 2014 12:55 PM

Mar 2014
Nice episode. Loved the part in the wagon when everyone was staring at them
Apr 23, 2014 12:56 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Yeah, I'm expecting some kind of a twist with Chaika's past sooner or later. Wouldn't be surprised if she's not the actual daughter of the emperor but a magic creation of his.

Akari speaks little, but whenever she does it's always rather funny in some way or another.

The Vivi character is incredibly annoying with her hero worship of Gillette. I hope we dont hear from her too much in the future although I'm expecting that group to join Chaika and the others before the series is done.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 23, 2014 12:58 PM
Feb 2013
For the moment there, I thought that Tooru is gonna be dinner.
Apr 23, 2014 1:05 PM

Jul 2012
Chaika sure is cute. Kinda becomes my fav cute girl of the season. Other than that, well exposition, build up. Nothing to important to talk about.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Apr 23, 2014 1:08 PM

Apr 2013
I'm pretty sure, that Gilette-Group is going to be on the good side later on. They are not pictured as antagonists clearly enough.
Curious when the real villain will be shown!
Apr 23, 2014 1:24 PM

Aug 2012
This one is growing on me. I love the adventure and collecting remains aspect, and the characters are starting to grow on me.
Apr 23, 2014 1:40 PM

Jan 2014
really liking this anime. That gap in chaika's memory is going to be a huge plot point.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Apr 23, 2014 2:34 PM

Mar 2014
Well this is some nice setup right there, expecting a good story development.

Ok, at start i couldnt really tell even though i loved the way she talked, but Chaika is cute :P
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Apr 23, 2014 2:50 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Akari was fluttering thinking to spend a dazzling night with Toru. XD

New character introduced; "Guy", a collaborator to Chaika and knows all the information regarding the remains of Emperor Gaz.
Quite a mysterious character..

Akari's horror stories of the dragoon were hilarious!
-- "Crunch.. crunch.. crunch.." XD

Gillette squad is quite confused regarding Chaika's true identity and intention.

Chaika's conversation with Toru reveals that a part of her memory is missing..

Dominica appears. Damn, she looks badass!
Those Orthros got scared at her yelling. XD

Next episode: "The Dragoon's Wish"

Apr 23, 2014 3:43 PM
Jul 2018
Akari's horror stories were pretty good and lol at Chaika's reactions to them.

Dominica appeared at the end, she looked so badass.
Apr 23, 2014 4:11 PM

Jul 2013
Chaika is starting to grow on me with those eyebrows.
Apr 23, 2014 4:14 PM

Oct 2013
so sad that Dominica had 1 min in this episode, at least she looked pretty badass
Apr 23, 2014 4:29 PM

Mar 2013
Wait.....so there are more than one Chaikas?!? What?!?
Apr 23, 2014 4:31 PM

Apr 2013
Akari is my favorite type of imouto. The way she calmy says sarcastic remarks makes her so funny.
Apr 23, 2014 4:46 PM

Aug 2013
Show's been consistent. You can see the story progression and not be all "well that escalated quickly" *yes I'm looking at you Black Bullet*. I have even more appreciation for this now because the "good guys" don't just mindlessly follow their superiors thinking every order is right and just. Hooray for thinking characters!

Chaika cute. Eyebrows not bother me. Chaika. Yes Chaika. Chaika. Needs more Akari deadpan humor.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 23, 2014 4:48 PM

Dec 2011
Dem horror stories lol...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 23, 2014 5:27 PM

Dec 2013
So far this series has not impressed me, but it hasn't been completely horrible either. I can't even remember what my opinion of the last episode was, so I take it as breaking even in terms of good to suck. This episode I found to be rather interesting, and provided me with questions I would really like answers to, which I take as signs of a good start for this series.

I'm still sort of annoyed at the way Chaika talks, but I'm starting to get used to it that it doesn't bother as much. I guess I can put up with it.

Akari is a bit odd and awkward, but her deadpan delivery can be funny. Though, I found it to be hit or miss. I find no middle ground, her lines are either really funny or horribly unfunny.

I'm taking a liking to Gillette's group, with the exception being Vivi who's hero worship and arrogance make her extremely annoying.
Perfect example:
Zita- "Still, if he was able to beat Nikolai, he must be very skilled."
Vivi- "He's a coward. He's just a saboteur, you know."
After denying that reality that was literally right before her eyes, she goes on to say in the town that she'd capture them for Gillette no matter what she had to do. Such irrationality, while being a legitimate character trait, is very stupid and annoying. But, considering how often you see this particular stereotype in anime, I assume that it's meant for us to dislike her- at least until more character development of Gillette's group is done, and we get to see more about her. Maybe then she'll be likable.

I'm guessing Dominica isn't going to be such a full-on bad guy like the Duke with the hand was, maybe even a neutral type. I am, however, looking forward to seeing the siblings fight with her next episode.

All in all, I'll give this one a 7/10
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Apr 23, 2014 5:46 PM

Jan 2014
Enjoyable episode, gotta love Bone's consistency. Too bad this show seems underappreciated
*insert subjectively witty comment*
Apr 23, 2014 5:52 PM

Oct 2013
Looks like I'll be getting my adventure fix with this show and you know what's the best part? It's doesn't take place in a MMO which seems to be a trend lately,one that I was never really a fan of,even thought I played my fair share of MMOs. Maybe it's because I've lost interest in MMOs recently or that certain shows in a MMO world have left a very bad taste in my mouth but this is just much more exciting for me.
Apr 23, 2014 6:16 PM

Jun 2012
So I'm guessing chaika is something made by guy and when one gets captured he makes them kill their self. Maybe Guy is Gaz's son or right hand man. Hmmm... I'm intrigued. I guess I'll keep watching.
Apr 23, 2014 6:21 PM

Oct 2013
wanting those cute wood carving things heheh.

two new chars introduced. nice
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 23, 2014 6:35 PM

Nov 2013
I like the action better here than the other Bones shows this season. *shrugs*
Apr 23, 2014 7:17 PM

Jan 2011
show seems to be going under a lot of peoples radars which is a shame since its kinda good

got all excited when they said Dragoon then sad when they were mentioning it like it was a actually dragon..but dat ending :)
Apr 23, 2014 7:18 PM

Jul 2012
Well he found the ruler of the country.

Great episode!!!
Apr 23, 2014 7:43 PM

May 2013
the orthus monsters looked pretty cool with their glowing eyes and lol'd at akari's horror story. She's funnier in the manga though
"Why the hell is it so easy to make people mad, and so difficult to make them smile?" -Kurosawa Dono
Apr 23, 2014 7:49 PM
Oct 2012
The_Bif said:
I'm taking a liking to Gillette's group, with the exception being Vivi who's hero worship and arrogance make her extremely annoying.
Perfect example:
Zita- "Still, if he was able to beat Nikolai, he must be very skilled."
Vivi- "He's a coward. He's just a saboteur, you know."
After denying that reality that was literally right before her eyes, she goes on to say in the town that she'd capture them for Gillette no matter what she had to do. Such irrationality,

She loves Gilette, of course she is irrational.

As for her opinions of Saboteur, I can understand it. It's the typical "noble" response to "unknightly" behavior. Think French Knights before Agincourt of English Longbowmen. So personally, I found that a bit refreshing, it is more in line with how people thought in the past (though perhaps inadvertent).
Apr 23, 2014 7:53 PM

Jun 2013
Hmmmm, there's just enough mystery here to keep this interesting. I'm not sold yet, but I'm liking all the questions being raised.
Apr 23, 2014 8:04 PM
Mar 2014
pretty good episode as expected and i think we all know who the girl at the end is
Apr 23, 2014 8:05 PM

Jan 2009
Does anyone know who Guy's voice actor is? :3
remaking my signature!
lol I never actually ended up remaking it, oop. ; ;
Apr 23, 2014 8:33 PM

Jul 2010
I thought the episode was great.
Why do I feel this is too short of a episode,then again so much happened.
Chaika is so adorable ,it's nice to see Toru not lazy.
Apr 23, 2014 9:19 PM

Jan 2013
Mostly boring episode, except maybe the last 3 minutes.
Apr 23, 2014 10:01 PM

Aug 2013
this anime has surprised me positively
the plot is very good and the adaptation is being well done
I expect a greater participation Akari
and find out about the past of the brothers

esse anime vem me surpreendendo positivamente
o enredo é muito bom e a adaptação está sendo bem feita
espero uma maior participação de Akari
e descobrir sobre o passado dos irmãos
Apr 23, 2014 10:27 PM

Sep 2013
I was really bothered by Chaikas eyebrows from the start, but now I think they look adorable on her. I love her way of talking too.

The scary music kinda freaked me out. Lol...

Apr 23, 2014 10:37 PM

Jul 2012
I love the strange creatures in this show.

A lot of confusing information about Chaika was revealed. So they've caught multiple Chaikas in the past...makes me wonder if the current Chaika is genuine or another copy.

The plot is good and I'm excited to know what's going to happen next.
Apr 23, 2014 10:39 PM

Oct 2010
One of my favorites this season. Chugging along quite nicely after 3 episodes.

Though I wish the translation was a bit more accurate. Chaika's personality loses so much meaning when her script is translated to English.
Apr 24, 2014 12:03 AM

Sep 2012
Man, Bones is doing really well with this adaption. They usually turn the sources they touch into something decent. The same thing happened with Noragami.
IronLobsterApr 24, 2014 2:19 AM
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Apr 24, 2014 4:43 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Huh
The last character at the end... reminds me of Aika from Zetsuen no Tempest
Cute sniper is cute
Orthos looked pretty cool, gotta give them some neat designs for monsters
Hope the dragoon isn't cut and paste!
Apr 24, 2014 5:36 AM

Jun 2013
This show is reminding me a lot of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I mean, with the brother and sister following "the one" on a journey while beeing chased by a gang. A lot of the designs in terms of machines and stuff seems similar as well.
Apr 24, 2014 7:25 AM

Dec 2013
Snoozefest.
Apr 24, 2014 7:53 AM

Aug 2013
Love Chaika's child like attitude <3
My Candies:
Apr 24, 2014 8:11 AM

Jan 2014
Love hitsugi no chaika so much :)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2014

304 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

137 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2014

121 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2014

176 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2014

154 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 7:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.