Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Saki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 13, 2009 10:41 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
HOLY SHIT HISA VS TOUKA VS YUMI VS KYAPTEIN!!!!

SAKI VS KAZUE VS WAHAHAHA VS that other girl >_>

NODOKA VS DADDY VS HAJIME VS KANA

All star episode, f'cking epic
Sep 13, 2009 11:47 AM

Jul 2009
...epic episode

there is now 3 possibilities

-end of season at the next episode before national tournament and hoping for oav (a second season would be better)
-end at the episode 25 / 26 and national tournament will be done quickly
-more than 25/26 episodes (best choice i think)
bruh
Sep 13, 2009 12:32 PM

Sep 2008
wow pure epicness this episode
haha touka was crying XD
...saki would had won 1st place if she played like that since the begining...too bad
and its a must that this anime needs a second season to see saki&nodoka vs the espad...the saki`s sister group, this is going to be good
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Sep 13, 2009 1:06 PM

Feb 2008
Saki sure would be 1st place if she keep playing like she did in team tournament but she still qualify both Saki & Nodoka and Mihoko that we already know she should qualify.
Of course there going to be a 2nd season, she don't even have meet her sister yet or play in the national tournament.
I hope it won't be like those others anime that just not continue while the manga is still going on like Tsubasa Chronicle, Rave Master etcs.

1st: Mihoko (Already know she qualify with such an overall score)
2nd: Nodoka
3rd: Saki

Saki was too strong for Kazoe, go Saki for taking of her shoes and socks and show her true power
BlackbirdSep 13, 2009 1:20 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 13, 2009 1:46 PM
Jul 2018
those awesome battles could have lasted for longer :/ - and it's a pity all those other great players won't come to the nationals.
Nanpo (even her name contains South - family tradition? lol) is out as well.

Let's have 2 more fanservice eps and finish it. Or maybe we get some hint what special ability Teru might be using ^^, still concerns me
Sep 13, 2009 1:58 PM

Feb 2008
I goggle something here and probably might connected something with her name. Every name seem to be connected with something.

The kanjis that are used for a name and sound "teru" are "輝", "照", "晃". The meaning of them is bright or shining. "輝" is most used for a girl's name.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 13, 2009 2:24 PM
Jul 2018
Well her name is 宮永 照, what translates as 'to illuminate' or 'to shine'. Now let's see what yaku could have similar meanings :D
Sep 13, 2009 4:22 PM

Sep 2008
Gotta love Takei's tile flip.
I really wanted Nanpo to win though... must be the ponytail.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2009 4:55 PM

Sep 2008
Hmmm gotta love how Miharun play this episode...
Even Nanpo and Saki later wreck... i love to see Miharun play seriously...

Anyway little dissapointed because didnt see Hajime play seriously...
Just Nodocchi raped quite boring...
Sep 13, 2009 6:06 PM

Jul 2009
I'm little surprised Hisa didn't make it to the finals, I would have guessed Saki ended up on the 4th place (since she didn't really care) with Hisa realising her dream.

Though as it latter is pointed out she was more interested in going there with her friends in the group finals.
And with this I assume we will see some Miyanaga sisters combat in the finals =)
Sep 13, 2009 6:16 PM

Apr 2008
Touka crying ... lols ~ got owned xD

Sep 13, 2009 7:20 PM

Jul 2008
lolz of course the promise is kept
Sep 13, 2009 8:24 PM

Aug 2008
They ended four rounds in one episode. Dude, it would usually take them five episodes to end one. Like Yu-Gi-Oh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2009 9:10 PM
Dec 2008
lol I love Hisa. Bad table manners and arrogant. <3
Sep 13, 2009 9:25 PM

Nov 2007
EternalDreamer said:
I'm little surprised Hisa didn't make it to the finals, I would have guessed Saki ended up on the 4th place (since she didn't really care) with Hisa realising her dream.

some rage worthy info.

Saki beat Hisa by 1 POINT so Saki gets 3rd and Hisa 4th
Sep 13, 2009 9:38 PM

May 2009
Hisa's so fucking badass. Shes just sooooo badass, I lover her.
That flip.....fucking epic.
Sep 13, 2009 11:25 PM

Apr 2008
Puni said:
This.

Sep 14, 2009 12:55 AM

May 2009
Saitoe said:
Puni said:
This.

Indeed.
I wonder how Saki would look like if she did the same flip. :O
It must really look weird.

last.fm|twitter|facebook (yeah right)
Sep 14, 2009 1:18 AM

Jul 2009
Xassite said:
Saitoe said:
Puni said:
This.

Indeed.
I wonder how Saki would look like if she did the same flip. :O
It must really look weird.

she's too clumsy so i think she would miss it and falls
bruh
Sep 14, 2009 4:45 AM

May 2008
Man i hate the fact that Kiyosumi won all the matches, at least make it a little more interesting, almost all the rooms were won by Kiyosumi

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 14, 2009 9:09 AM

Jul 2008
aesyl said:

Also, why the heck is Ryumonbuchi such a joke? :/ They're getting roflpwned with every match, but they're supposed to be the number one school in the prefecture.

Ryumonbuchi are strong, they can outdone normal player but when facing the top of each school they become nothing more than regular player. What made them number one school in the prefecture was Koromo, which didn't participated in the individual tournament.
Sep 14, 2009 9:24 AM
Feb 2009
all star player from room A and B of last match really creeps me out... but not much drama at there

greenmush said:
Man i hate the fact that Kiyosumi won all the matches, at least make it a little more interesting, almost all the rooms were won by Kiyosumi
curse it! >.< why dont they give chance to yumi and touka?!!
oblivious is a bliss
Sep 14, 2009 10:16 AM

Jul 2008
Even if next to Saki and Nodoka, Hisa look weak she is a monster freak as well so do are everyone of Kiyosumi with the exception of the dude. Saki and Nodoka just are like god.
Sep 14, 2009 10:42 AM
Oct 2007
Woot. I was right about Mihoko and Saki winning! But I didn't really want Nodoka to win, just to shove that fact in that one reporter's face, who I'm glad has not been shown for a while. Nodoka not winning would've made big headlines actually but whatever, she's not going to make it at the nationals anyway. =P

The line up should have been 1) Mihoko, 2) Saki, 3) Yumi-chin. But since it's Nodoka, we only have 2 schools going to the nationals. Sad.
Sep 14, 2009 1:22 PM

Nov 2007
maxime1007 said:
Even if next to Saki and Nodoka, Hisa look weak she is a monster freak as well so do are everyone of Kiyosumi with the exception of the dude. Saki and Nodoka just are like god.

Actually im pretty sure Hisa is stronger than Nodoka, and maye on par with Saki...I mean the only reason she lost that match was because Tomoki played into Saki's hand before she could make her win
Sep 14, 2009 3:48 PM

Jul 2007
The last two eps seems to be fillers...

Oh well decent anime overall. I mainly watched it because of the mahjong, anyone else too?
Sep 14, 2009 4:28 PM

Nov 2007
Congrats to Nodoka and Saki for making it to the nationals.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Sep 14, 2009 6:26 PM

Jun 2009
Quite an awesome episode. I would love to see more whether it be extended or a second season!

By the way, what does this mean?

It says Saki something something September 20th, and then something else.

Just wondering. Thanks.
Sep 14, 2009 7:05 PM

Dec 2007
Good episode. Though I gotta question why Mihoko focused so much on the change in waits that Hisa took at the end. I got the impression that her hand could have been even more (double yakuman perhaps?) if she had kept her original wait.

I took that as more or less Hisa letting Mihoko stay in the running for nationals. Though I don't have the mahjong knowledge to support that theory, but anyway, Mihoko was really pensive about that.
Sep 14, 2009 7:39 PM

Sep 2008
These tsumo after kan is getting really old.

I miss koromo ;-;
Sep 14, 2009 8:33 PM

May 2007
Megiddo said:
Good episode. Though I gotta question why Mihoko focused so much on the change in waits that Hisa took at the end. I got the impression that her hand could have been even more (double yakuman perhaps?) if she had kept her original wait.

I took that as more or less Hisa letting Mihoko stay in the running for nationals. Though I don't have the mahjong knowledge to support that theory, but anyway, Mihoko was really pensive about that.

Hisa was tenpai waiting for the 1, 3, 4 or 6 of characters, so at most she could've got a baiman (16000 points), the problem is the 9 of characters she got, if she had discarded it, Yumi would've won with a 8000 point hand, leaving her in first place and Hisa in 3rd place.
But she changed her wait for a pair wait (discarding a dora tile in the process), waiting only for the 9 of characters, 2 of them were already on the table, so there was only 1 left and it was the next tile in the wall, if Mihoko hadn't made that pon with the 3 of characters, again Yumi would've won.

tl;dr: Mihoko's place in the nationals wasn't at risk, Hisa's wait change defined her victory and it was Yumi's bad day T_T.

de_arimasu said:
Quite an awesome episode. I would love to see more whether it be extended or a second season!

By the way, what does this mean?

It says Saki something something September 20th, and then something else.

Just wondering. Thanks.

They are saying the next episode will air 12 minutes late:
"Next week's Saki will air on September 20th at 02:12 AM"
PefistepSep 14, 2009 9:45 PM

Sep 15, 2009 1:30 AM

Jul 2009
hisa is probably the only one player that use her brain and not some kind of crappy or godly skill.

i will just remember that she owned mihoko 2 times and lost 1 time
bruh
Sep 15, 2009 6:30 AM

Jul 2008
woah some cool matchups. saki the rinshan kaihou monster hahha too bad president didnt make it.

Sep 15, 2009 10:25 AM

Oct 2007
kei78 said:
hisa is probably the only one player that use her brain and not some kind of crappy or godly skill.

i will just remember that she owned mihoko 2 times and lost 1 time
LOL you know her illogical playing is badass.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Sep 15, 2009 10:35 AM

Apr 2008
Kiyosumi had to win.
Simply because probably next season (assuming there is one), will exclude a lot of the characters which were present in this season. It owuld only make sense to include the two main heroines in both tournaments.
Sep 16, 2009 7:49 AM

Jul 2008
aesyl said:
maxime1007 said:
aesyl said:

Also, why the heck is Ryumonbuchi such a joke? :/ They're getting roflpwned with every match, but they're supposed to be the number one school in the prefecture.

Ryumonbuchi are strong, they can outdone normal player but when facing the top of each school they become nothing more than regular player. What made them number one school in the prefecture was Koromo, which didn't participated in the individual tournament.

No, that's not quite true. The whole Ryumonbuchi team talks about Touka's uncanny luck, as well as Jun's grasp of the "flow" of the game. They're not average at all. And Hajime herself is shown to be above average. There's nothing that indicates Tomoki is anything special, though, so if you're going to call anyone in the Ryumonbuchi team "average", it should be Tomoki.

If you like better I'll say it this way: They are average against people like Saki and Koromo. The reason why they stood out is that they are a group with all these surnatural capacity while usually there is one per team (momoko, blue eye girl).
Compare them with a random guys and they aren't average at all but compare them with monster freak and they are.

And no Hisa is not as strong as Nodoka, the only reason she could hold saki is that they went 3vs1 against her, if everyone would have never met before playing, Saki would have rape them all easily.
Sep 17, 2009 5:42 PM

Sep 2008
Good episode, not much to take away from the games.
Hisa seemed to intentionally lose that last hand so the one who won could. And then she offered a handshake. I think she's become my favorite character now. ^_^

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Sep 17, 2009 11:47 PM

Nov 2007
What? Tsuruga and Ryuumopnbuchi got owned!?

I agree the Kiyosumi winning gets old. Actually, in Saki's match, I was actually rooting for Kazue or Kanbara to win...

Sep 18, 2009 5:26 PM

Feb 2009
Agreed. It seems like this episode was alittle predictable and while very entertaining, I was hoping that maybe Ryuumonbuchi would've went to nationals too, or maybe Hisa even.

It seems like there's going to be a OVA or Season 2 coming, since they haven't gotten to the heart of Saki's internal issue and instead dragged the plot of with Kazue. I hope for a good next season though..

Sep 18, 2009 6:44 PM

Jul 2008
DarcyD said:

It seems like there's going to be a OVA or Season 2 coming, since they haven't gotten to the heart of Saki's internal issue and instead dragged the plot of with Kazue. I hope for a good next season though..

Nothing announced tough I hope so as well.
Sep 19, 2009 6:46 PM

Feb 2008
They probably will do that after the end of the anime. :S

Sep 19, 2009 9:07 PM

Jul 2008
Blackbird said:
They probably will do that after the end of the anime. :S

Or it will finish like one of the hundreds of series where the manga goes further and the anime stop at a point.
Sep 20, 2009 2:49 PM

Jul 2008
agree with everybody on Hisa's badassness!
but why did Saki have to win then? (okay, everybody could win if she was the protagonist I guess... )

yeah for Mihoko though!

Somehow I found this episode kind of boring... even with so many matches happening.
Sep 24, 2009 1:11 AM

May 2008
wow pure epicness this episode
haha touka was crying XD
...saki would had won 1st place if she played like that since the begining...too bad
and its a must that this anime needs a second season to see saki&nodoka vs the espad...the saki`s sister group, this is going to be good
Sep 25, 2009 11:23 PM

Nov 2007
Wow Kiyosumi dominating individuals as well =O apart from #1 of course xD but 2/3 is still awesome =] go go Saki and Haramura ^^
Oct 4, 2009 9:22 PM

Dec 2007
I loved how Hisa flips the tile. Saki would win 1st place if she plays seriously since the beginning. That matches was awesome as always.
Jan 21, 2010 3:40 PM

Jan 2010
I wanted Hisa, Mihoko and Yumi to make it to nationals ;[
They should have given us more background on Hisa's name change and stuff though as hinted by Mihoko..
Feb 25, 2010 12:18 AM

Sep 2009
Finally back to finish up the last 3 episodes. Saki obviously makes it through...though she should have done better.
Mar 18, 2010 6:12 PM

Jun 2009
What are you guys talking about, Mihoko would still win even if Saki go all out at the start.

Mihoko got no weakness, and she can manipulate plays to her advantage, she also did her homework on everyone. She'd read Saki like a book, while influencing other players to take out Saki. (Though, Saki probably will throw out some insane Rinshan Kaihou and barely win by 100 point or something)

take note that Mihoko is a point scorer, and she makes very limited mistakes. Reference, first east game. She end up with 140k while Yuuki, Jun and another all drop below 90k.

Saki don't deserve the win, she doesn't even care.

If I get to pick, I'd pick Mihoko, Yumi and Hisa. (But if Koromo join, replace Hisa with Koromo)
Jun 27, 2010 11:41 AM

Nov 2007
I'll never get tired of Takei Hisa's "flippin'" victory. So ghetto awesome.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know this character from Saki ?

lunalee1294 - Apr 9

2 by lunalee1294 »»
Apr 10, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Saki Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

starrysky - Sep 27, 2009

125 by KenZync »»
Jan 8, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Saki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Plate - Apr 19, 2009

72 by Losthevy »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Saki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Plate - Apr 5, 2009

155 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 11, 2023 12:02 AM

» Is this interesting enough for me???

Sylpheed - Jun 30, 2009

4 by removed-user »»
Jan 16, 2023 9:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.