Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 24, 2014 9:34 AM

Dec 2012
God,if the 13th episode is a recap one then it's already completed for me.
I don't think it will get a second season but there is always hope.
Mar 24, 2014 9:41 AM
Sep 2012
-OJ- said:
So what was the point of the entire journey that took countless lives? Just to see a big rock diappear into a flash of light? :P

^this
I was like what? That's it? That's why people died? Now you're just going to go back and tell everyone you've seen rainbow-all-destroying wall? Also I remember they said they can't return anymore so what? Are they just going to fly over the ocean and die after they run out of fuel?
Mar 24, 2014 9:46 AM

Nov 2008
LarsikFtw said:
-OJ- said:
So what was the point of the entire journey that took countless lives? Just to see a big rock diappear into a flash of light? :P

^this
I was like what? That's it? That's why people died? Now you're just going to go back and tell everyone you've seen rainbow-all-destroying wall? Also I remember they said they can't return anymore so what? Are they just going to fly over the ocean and die after they run out of fuel?

Lol
I was literally waiting for someone of the bunch to say " Great. What do we do now ?" right before the Closing credits.
Mar 24, 2014 9:49 AM
Mar 2013
What now, did they just drive Isla to the end just to destroy it. Wasting tons of peoples lifes just for that.

I said the last time that Claire was going to die. I guess i was wrong. But there is the next episode left to see.

Good episode nevertheless.
Mar 24, 2014 10:05 AM
Feb 2009
like many others I have no idea what was the whole point of driving isla into that rainbow wall and having it destroyed.. lol
Mar 24, 2014 10:21 AM
Apr 2013
Well that was...

hmm...
Mar 24, 2014 10:30 AM

Jan 2009
1. Have they not tried to negotiate w/ the sky clan before going into a meaningless war?

2. Scene w/ claire x kal-el was just too much cheesyness. so much for tragic ending.

3. Ost is so beautiful it confuses me at times

4. floating island blowing up? Wtf is going on.

5. series has gotten shitty ever since those pointless deaths occurred. was hoping it'd get better... jesus

2/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Mar 24, 2014 10:31 AM

Oct 2013
Moshi moshi! Sky Clan Deess~~
Let's stop fighting, lol
Btw, we have a favor to ask, haha.
We want your Nina, xD

Sorry we kill your people, Tee Hee
:9
-Sky Clan
Toaki90Mar 24, 2014 10:51 AM
"Burn the heretics"
Mar 24, 2014 10:39 AM

Aug 2010
Toaki90 said:
Sup guys!
We have a favor, lol.
We want your Nina, xD

Sorry we kill your people, haha.
Tee Hee :9
-Sky Clan

lol XD

As for why they did that to Isla...from what I understood, that's where it originates from and their returning it back? Don't really get the purpose of that but w/e <_<
Mar 24, 2014 10:52 AM

Feb 2012
Was Ari in denial or something? It was obvious Kal-el had a thing for Claire ever since he "proposed" to be her co-pilot. It was weird since she always treated him like her brother and all of a sudden she wants his D.

Wtf was Isla to begin with, I don't even remember. Was it just a floating Island that they took a free ride on or were they piloting it? And the whole purpose of their journey was to confirm a myth? wtf
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2014 11:17 AM

Jan 2011
Blue_Qbe said:
LarsikFtw said:
-OJ- said:

^this

Lol
I was literally waiting for someone of the bunch to say " Great. What do we do now ?" right before the Closing credits.

Yea, BIG wtf this episode.
Unless they pull some awesome shit next episode this show will remain my utter dissapointment this season. Score down to 7/10 and falling.
Mar 24, 2014 11:59 AM

Jul 2008
ltspfan said:
umm.. didn't get it.:/
what's the point of going to "the end of the sky"?

Two reasons:
1. Religion - the End of the Sky is important part of religion to all the nations... though while some seek it (our heroes), others protect it (Sky Clan). This is also the reason why they let the island get destroyed: the prophecy said to thus they are doing it. Yes, confusing to people to whom religion means nothing, but it has already been made clear that the characters here, on both sides, are religious
2. Exploration - saying that this is not worth it as saying that Columbus, Magellan and co. were unimportant people in our history. Isla returns home with geographical discoveries, a new ally (Levanne Empire), info on the Sky Clan and the tech received from Empire and Sky Clan's rubble
3. Political Exile - Nina Viento and certain members of military and nobility are not as wanted in the Republic and this is a good way to get rid of them. Hope that Kal beats up those peasants for this :P

billybob300c said:
1. Have they not tried to negotiate w/ the sky clan before going into a meaningless war?

This very episode, just the moment before Sky Clan dropped a message, explained that Sky Clan does not negotiate. It is literally "Shoot at sight". Hard to negotiate when they just kill any diplomat you send.
The Sky Clan's offer of truce surprised both Isla and the Empire for this very reason. It is only because Nina used her magical abilities that Sky Clan decided to break their own rules and offer ceasefire in case they give them Nina, the prophecized Messiah.
Mar 24, 2014 12:20 PM

Jan 2009
Haven't watched this for quite awhile. Just in case this wasn't in the episodes.

Mar 24, 2014 12:29 PM

Dec 2013
My thoughts are jumbled so i'll just list some of my observations

1. Ari's crush on Kal is never explored fully other than subtle and few hints. So the screen time devoted to her crush is a waste of time. What frustrates me about this show, as I've said in previous episode discussions is how there are several subplots that detract from the telling a cohesive and full story. For example; Benji and Sharon, Mitty and that girl. Although Mitty's story was well done it took away time that could have been devoted to fleshing out Ari or Ignacio more. Or showcasing more Kal Claire moments. Perhaps the show could have focused on Ari's crush a bit more and fleshed that out to make her disappointment stick more. I watched Princess and the Pilot before starting to watch this series and I wish that this series' plot could have been as tight and focused as that movie.

2. Animation in this episode is such eye candy. Reminded me of Princess and the Pilots art. Its a shame that the quality of the art rises and falls randomly throughout the season.

3. Loved it when Ignacio called Kal Aniki. If anyone here watches Kill la Kill

4. Didnt love the pacing of this episode. I was confused in the beginning. Got my bearings in the middle. Then fast forward.

Still love this show despite its flaws. Solid 7/10. Only an amazing or terrible ending will change that
A Wolf Runs Free.

To Dream the Impossible Dream.

Skip Beat is the only Idol Anime I will ever enjoy
Mar 24, 2014 12:30 PM

Aug 2010
Thnx Nayrael, that explained a lot ^^
Mar 24, 2014 12:54 PM

Mar 2013
So their entire journey full of death and giving away Claire to the enemy was just to destroy the floating island and take some pictures? Why did they even want to do that to Isla in the first place?
Mar 24, 2014 12:56 PM

Apr 2009
It may be just me, but the whole Island disappearing/getting destroyed being the reason for this journey feels unintendedly absurd. I wish they would have dedicated one episode on explaining all this religion thing going between these fighting factions. Without this, the small info bits in every episode just seem like a half-assed attempt to frame the weird reasoning of the story.
Mar 24, 2014 1:13 PM

Jul 2013
haha Ignacio the tsundere
Ari :( She may still have a chance with the younger brother..
Nice Victory Dance
Mar 24, 2014 1:22 PM

Apr 2013
Hah?
Did the guy lose his hand or not... so confused

Mar 24, 2014 1:38 PM

Oct 2010
i m wondering what they gonna show in 1 last episode...if kal el is not able to fullfill his promise from thsi epi it will be sad one for me...and if he does still it will seem as a rushed last epi...damn why cant they blend the story porperly.
Mar 24, 2014 1:40 PM

Oct 2010
Blue_Qbe said:
LarsikFtw said:
-OJ- said:

^this

Lol

ha ha ha lol yeah ! same here
Mar 24, 2014 1:41 PM

Oct 2010
kawaii-despair said:
God,if the 13th episode is a recap one then it's already completed for me.
I don't think it will get a second season but there is always hope.

o dear...dont say that i have high hopes for 13th episode...
Mar 24, 2014 2:00 PM

Mar 2014
Why Kal isn't even thinking about restoring monarchy with him as a rightfull ruler? He forgived Nina Viento and it's clear that they love each other. Nina is also governor and has great authority so Karl should talk with her about restoring monarchy. Crown Prince who isn't dreaming about restoring his rule isn't realistic. 12 episodes and he didn't mentioned it. Ridiculous. I thought that in 12 ep, he would started discussing it with his beloved Nina. Im dissapointed. This anime really has 13 episodes? When i read about story of this series for the first time I expected that "prince who lost everything becouse of revolution" will build some kind of monarchical conspiracy against republic. So far he is ok with it and it's really weird.

Toaru Hikuushi e no Tsuioku was a really great movie. Serious, beautiful and interesting. I was expecting something similar but unfortunetelly Im disappointed. Graphics are not so good, story - we don't even know what is this whole trip about and it's not intriguing and there is also many things that I hate in some of the new animes ( eating ramen whole episode, stupid reactions etc)
Andrzej2Mar 24, 2014 2:07 PM
Mar 24, 2014 2:09 PM

Sep 2011
Andrzej2 said:
Why Kal isn't even thinking about restoring monarchy with him as a rightfull ruler? He forgived Nina Viento and it's clear that they love each other. Nina is also governor and has great authority so Karl should talk with her about restoring monarchy. Crown Prince who isn't dreaming about restoring his rule isn't realistic. 12 episodes and he didn't mentioned it. Ridiculous. I thought that in 12 ep, he would started discussing it with his beloved Nina. Im dissapointed. This anime really has 13 episodes? When i read about story of this series for the first time I expected that "prince who lost everything becouse of revolution" will build some kind of monarchical conspiracy against republic. So far he is ok with it and it's really weird.

Huh???? Like that will work! There have been very few cases of republics reverting to monarchy. The only example I can think of is after Oliver Cromwell's death in England. In that case the lack of a new leader lead the PEOPLE asking for the monarchy back, in the form of William of Orange.

There is no way a deposed monarch will ever come back! It just doesn't happen.

EDIT: EEPS ... I got my monarch wrong! Charles II was asked back. William of Orange invaded!
scruffykiwiMar 24, 2014 2:13 PM
Mar 24, 2014 2:20 PM

Mar 2014
Im not saying if restoration is possible. Im just saying that he should be at least thinking ( for example while looking at the sky or lying in bed) about claimg what belongs to him by right of birth and heritage. Also heir to the throne who isn't plotting to reclaim throne isn't believable. I can't think about single deposed monarch who just got over it. Some consider themselves as the rightfull heirs to throne even 200 or 300 years after monarchy was overthrown.

Ps. Monarchy was also restored in France by Napoleon and later Bourbon restauration in 1814. Also monarchy was restored in Spain and in Cambodia. So it's possible but you are right that it's rare.
In this anime republic isn'r really settled. It's stable only becouse of people's faith in Nina Viento. Also there is still nobility and ruling elite hasn't changed much.
Andrzej2Mar 24, 2014 2:29 PM
Mar 24, 2014 2:25 PM

Jul 2012
How are they supposed to make it back? I forgot how long they were on Isla, but there was a 6-month timeskip, so they need enough fuel maybe a year? Plus, that's a lot of people on that big ass island to fit on a few ships and food and water to last them however long too haha.
Mar 24, 2014 2:26 PM

Oct 2010
that certainly wont happen but 12 epi for this show seems so short ...i wonder they gonna rush everything in last epi ?
Mar 24, 2014 2:28 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Sky Clan offers a truce; Let Isla go through Holy Spring in return of Nina Viento..
Claire decides to go.

I think Ari probably likes Kal.. Too bad they're 'siblings'..

Poor Claire..
Kal being so serious! He better keep his words and get her back. :)

Tsundere Ignacio being tsundere again. XD
Glad to see he acknowledged Kal as his older brother. Though, Kal didn't quite understand what he meant..

What an elegant legend about the End of the Sky!

Victory Dance was nice!
"Arigatou Isla" *While the Island is being disappeared* XD

Last episode: "The Sky Where You Are."

Mar 24, 2014 2:29 PM

Aug 2012
Bullshit episode. Nothing in the back stories of the characters matters at all any more. There is no connection between the downfall of the "evil" empire years ago and the story of the student pilots randomly dying in pointless battles. We don't know who the fuck the Sky Clan is or why we should feel threatened by them. They throw away the island they were on and nothing else happens.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Mar 24, 2014 2:35 PM
Feb 2013
Fuck, so was that there reason for wanting to go to that 'End of Sky" thingy, to threw away a floating island?

So, what now? Since they've reach there goal.
Mar 24, 2014 2:40 PM

Dec 2008
Did Ari seriously think that Kal-el would be interested in her bossy, loud-mouthed, insult-hurling ass in a romantic way? She's the BAKA!!

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 24, 2014 2:45 PM

Dec 2009
I don't get why they just destroyed their floating island :/
Mar 24, 2014 2:53 PM
Mar 2014
That's example of what happens if you decide to cut 5 tomes of LN to just 13 episodes.

This episode was one big failure! Like @gamer2710 said it was just one big absurd.

Why they feel threatened by Sky Clan if they have Nina with her full power?

Why they feel threatened by them if they destroyed their fleet and joined in coalition with Lavame?

What for was this journey? Just to see Isla explode? Really? And all the pilots weren’t even surprised like they knew already what will happen. But if they knew… then why the hell did they shout “I will protect Isla” in nearly every important episode… just to die shortly after.

Why did Claire decided to go with Sky Clan if she wants to escape later? Won’t Sky Clan hunt them for breaking their agreement?

Why Claire didn’t take Kal with her?! She could take up to 20 people with her! Everything would be fine if Kal went with her, right? If they love each other that would be only reasonable. And instead of Kal went Igna who is attracted to Ari.

What are all of those citizens going to do now? Their home exploded and they have no way to return… in truth even if they are not aware of this: they were exiled with some of the nobility, Nina, Kal and the rest of the crew.

Why those republicans are so happy to join coalition with Kingdom? When few years ago they were manipulated by the demagogues to slaughter royalty?

Why Ari is now lovely dovely with Kal… when during previous episodes she was rather interested in Igna?

Why Kal still seems like a bum? He didn’t even decide to go to Claire as soon as possible. Plus even If they tell us how big improvements he made… we still didn’t see his great pilotage skills.

Sadly there won’t be second season. And most probably 13 episode will be disappointing. I’ve checked Japanese Wikipedia on Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta and sadly… ep 12-13 will most probably cover whole 5th tome of novel…

To Aru Hikushi e no Tsuioku was much better than this… even if the ending was sad it was justified! Here… it seems that nothing mattered after all…
ArchacusMar 24, 2014 2:56 PM
Mar 24, 2014 3:00 PM

Jan 2008
A bit anti-climatic. Oh well.

Holy shit, they let Ignacio finish his sentence!

I don't see why they couldn't just have made Kal one of the guards. Or Clare using her authority for something like "My powers do not work unless the one I love most is near me" or some other BS like that. The Sky clan can't complain if it's something like that. Not very creative are they.
Estoy_GordoMar 24, 2014 3:06 PM
Mar 24, 2014 3:32 PM

Jun 2012
So it seems like a lot of people died for nothing. Isla was destroyed and apparently it floated by itself. For some reason I thought it was controlled, because how in the hell did they even think of building on a floating island that is just floating to somewhere random?

Anyways, I'm confused why Kal-el just didn't stay with Claire.

It was an alright series. I noticed it's also 13 episodes too.... lol
Mar 24, 2014 3:42 PM

Aug 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
Kyuutoryuu said:
Ignacio the tsundere xD

It wasn't really a good ending for Karl and Claire, but it wasn't a bad ending either. Guess it opens the door up for a season 2?

There's another episode yet, you know.

Oh yeah. Oh yeah. Just another case of MAL trolling... but yeah, my thoughts were correct. They have a lot of things to patch up, and hopefully the 13th episode does so.
Mar 24, 2014 4:22 PM

Apr 2012
THE FUCK just happened? The End of the Sky = an atomic incinerator? LOL Are they all going to live in the Levamme Empire now because they've been exiled by their own government back home. They are basically homeless now lmfao.

I have this anime at 5/10. It might go below a 5 depending on what happens in the last episode. I rarely give out anything lower than a 5 that I've completed but this anime pisses me off lol. I guess the pedal plane dance was pretty cool but Jesus this was a god awful episode.

Mar 24, 2014 4:28 PM

Apr 2012
Andrzej2 said:

Toaru Hikuushi e no Tsuioku was a really great movie. Serious, beautiful and interesting. I was expecting something similar but unfortunetelly Im disappointed. Graphics are not so good, story - we don't even know what is this whole trip about and it's not intriguing and there is also many things that I hate in some of the new animes ( eating ramen whole episode, stupid reactions etc)

Nina Viento has no real power. She's a puppet. The reason they were on the floating island Isla was because they were trying to exile her along with some high level military men. They already said they were abandoned by their government. They were left to die.

Mar 24, 2014 4:44 PM

Jul 2012
So in hindsight, everyone is trapped within the end of the sky unable to escape, and if anyone does try to escape they will end up like that huge floating island that crashed into the end of the sky.

Great episode!!!
Mar 24, 2014 4:52 PM
Jan 2012
Lol I got to the end and was dumbfounded by how lame the episode seemed... I whole-heartedly thought this was the last episode... then I saw the preview lol.
Mar 24, 2014 4:59 PM

Oct 2013
They better explain all this shit in the last episode to redeem everything cause right now everything's gone to shit. Sky Island gone for no seeming good reason, let's end the war just like that but with Claire gone, all those deaths for nothing, wtf.
Mar 24, 2014 5:40 PM
Jun 2013
duderus said:
Hah?
Did the guy lose his hand or not... so confused

Benjamin did lose his hand. If you look closely, you can see that it is a fake hand that he now has (he isn't wearing a glove on it)

I think riding Isla to the end of the sky wasn't even in question for the people on board. They have grown up with belief in the teachings of St Aldista all their lives. Everything they believed in has come true in some way or another. If the prophesy says the island returns to the end of the sky, so be it. We have to remember that they know very little of the outside world and this was a 'Republic-sanctioned' golden ticket to exploration of the unknown.
DoranNightingaleMar 24, 2014 5:48 PM
Mar 24, 2014 6:46 PM

Jun 2011
Second last episode, let's insert "Ari likes Karl". Genius writer. Why does it even matter? -.-
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 24, 2014 7:07 PM
Jul 2018
It was sad for Kal and others to see their homeland Isla disappeared.
Mar 24, 2014 7:16 PM

Aug 2012
So glad this wasn't the last episode, I would have seriously been disappointed.

Mar 24, 2014 7:22 PM
Feb 2012
So why did they island get "destroyed?" I'm totally lost at this moment, this anime never made a lot of sense.....

This whole goal/mission was to "Fly Isla into a rainbow and let it get destroyed". Must be a very interesting story to tell their children o.0

Let me get this straight, they planned for the island to be destroyed but never planned for a return trip? The other clan helped them by chance, meaning they can return home, so what was the plan from the beginning when they destroyed the island. Fly around in the sky until they run out of fuel,because I'm pretty sure those plane needs fuel.

EDIT: I always thought they were trying to discover a new place, somewhere they can expand...
rraannddooMar 24, 2014 7:37 PM
Mar 24, 2014 7:51 PM
May 2011
I am really shocked that they destroy the island by sending it to the end of the sky.
It makes all the death seems so pointless...
Hopefully the last episode can explain why they have to destroy the ISLA.
Mar 24, 2014 7:56 PM

Jul 2012
I'm kind of confused why the island thing got destroyed... But I have to say the last scene (the "Thank you!!!" scene) was done very well. I'm unsure if this show will end with a 6 or 7 from me. If they can explain and make everything clear in the next episode, I may keep it at a 7.

Honestly, this show has great potential but the length and lack of explanation ruins it. Plus, the derpy animation oh god... I actually don't care about visuals that much but even I noticed the derp faces every where. Also, I wish Igna had more screen time in the earlier episodes and developed a bit more. I felt like there was a lot more that could have been covered.

ToG25thBaam said:
Second last episode, let's insert "Ari likes Karl". Genius writer. Why does it even matter? -.-

Wasn't it obvious since the start that she liked him?
Mar 24, 2014 8:01 PM

Jul 2008
ltspfan said:
umm.. didn't get it.:/
what's the point of going to "the end of the sky"?

What's the point of going in the abyss of our earth or to go in space?
What's the point of even leaving your homeland? It's not like you wouldn't be able to live your life there.

I still do not understand why they simply went and destroyed Isla like that. I doubt even the richest nation would destroy one of it's asset like that on a whim.

The end of the world is still something unknown and Claire's power might be linked to that. It doesn't seems like a real end but rather a magic barrier so I wouldn't be surprised that if it gets a second season the plot will go deeper into this world's history as well as the origin of Claire's power.
Mar 24, 2014 9:33 PM
Nov 2013
For some reason a lot of anime this season seem to be suffering from their last arc being less intense than the previous one, and so far this is no exception.
Sure the animation is still incredible, but what I liked about Pilot's Love Song earlier in the series was that it was unpredictable and you couldn't really tell where they were going next; but now it feels more formulaic and predictable, and the magic seems to be disappearing.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Amarrez - Mar 31, 2014

191 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2014

81 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2014

189 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 2:03 PM

» Is it one big love triangle?

Gamewolf - Mar 23, 2014

12 by ZGUEGCHOV »»
Feb 25, 2022 1:23 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2014

133 by Swizze »»
Jun 14, 2019 7:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.