Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 22, 2014 7:48 PM

Jul 2013
That Slap! Good stuff. Look forward for season 2 and seeing where the story goes from here.
Blindwolf Anime <- My Blog
Mar 22, 2014 8:16 PM

Aug 2013
Left the season on kind of a cliffhanger, but cool they announced season 2 already. Looking forward to it!
My Candies:
Mar 22, 2014 8:51 PM

Feb 2012
8/10. I really enjoyed Log Horizon. It was the one show I had too watch every week. I was skeptical when I watched the first episode. But it just kept getting better and better. I can't wait until fall to begin to continue the story.
Mar 22, 2014 8:58 PM

Jun 2013
So anticlimactic. At least the 2nd season will be here soon.
Mar 22, 2014 9:28 PM

Jan 2011
night97 said:
if there's no season 2 after an ending like that... i'll be so pissed

Read.

This was a good episode but the middle portion of this series kind left me hanging. Started off pretty good and then it got dry. Closed decently. Glad there is a S2 and will def watch it. Needs more battles (again that long middle of the season) here and there instead of daily life in the mmo. It was entertaining to watch and built up excitement for S2. 8/10

And special something was it was my 601st completed show. Congrats LH.
IZEROIIMar 22, 2014 9:32 PM
Mar 22, 2014 9:31 PM
May 2013
Dear god was that an awesome cliffhanger ending. And we only have to wait till Fall for it to continue? ******* hell yeah!

This has been such an awesome show!
---

I'm really into anime, but I don't have many people to talk about it with reguarly. So please, add me on AIM: Superrpgman2003 or Skype:Superrpgman. Or just send me a private message here.
Mar 22, 2014 9:39 PM

Jul 2012
Good show overall. 7/10 A few ups and downs, but overall, really consistent. Only issues were: too many side characters that weren't interesting enough or fleshed out, none of the main characters stood out to me, the antagonist in this episode was very unnecessary (and random too), too much filleresque content (could have had more world building and character dev), and just a bit underwhelming in terms of action. However, I did like: the politics/business/ethics thrown in (very nice mix into an MMO show), interesting strategics used, consistent pacing, chill happy plot, no "annoying" character or tropes (SAO's tsundere for example) and teamwork between characters.
Mar 22, 2014 9:40 PM

Sep 2013
great anime, i loved it.

Does anyone know what is his next plan? Will he be going to the west and fight off nureha and or is he leaving to uniite the whole island?

Also, this season 1, how many novels did it covered? there are seven of them and i read that season 2 will cover 2 novels, so it covered 1 to 5?
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Mar 22, 2014 9:57 PM

Aug 2012
Season 2 yeaaaaa, good anime overall.
Mar 22, 2014 10:36 PM

Jun 2013
The stage is set!
The characters have been introduced!
Next season - confirmed!

Thoroughly enjoyed this season! Good politics, entertaining characters, some nice action and shining glasses!!!
The nerd in me is satisfied. I give this one a 9/10 MAL rating :)
Mar 22, 2014 10:37 PM

Jun 2013
Jose07 said:
great anime, i loved it.

Does anyone know what is his next plan? Will he be going to the west and fight off nureha and or is he leaving to uniite the whole island?

Also, this season 1, how many novels did it covered? there are seven of them and i read that season 2 will cover 2 novels, so it covered 1 to 5?

Watch the last few minutes of this episode again (observe especially Shiroe's actions and anything not related to Log Horizon's members) as they are spoilers for his next plan.

Season 1 covered the first five volumes of the light novels.
Mar 22, 2014 10:37 PM

Jan 2011
7.5/10
Mar 22, 2014 10:40 PM

Oct 2013
stoked on s2.

they obviously set that one up
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Mar 22, 2014 11:32 PM
Jan 2014
The only thing i can say is: THE HYPE.
THE HYPE for each and every episode, THE HYPE for the next season.
Loved this anime, every single episode was awesome.
so much hype i don't even bother with its flaws.
Mar 22, 2014 11:57 PM

Jan 2013
A low 8 out of 10.
It would have been nice if anyone was concerned about how their friends and family back in the real world are coping with their sudden disappearance.
Mar 23, 2014 12:25 AM

Jun 2013
Can't wait 'till the second season!!!

9/10 from me^^
Mar 23, 2014 12:33 AM

Jun 2008
RediceRyan said:
It would have been nice if anyone was concerned about how their friends and family back in the real world are coping with their sudden disappearance.

Not the point of Log Horizon though. And I honestly don't want anything that would make it more similar to SAO. It's really unnecessary and quite "Out of character" for Log Horizon, suddenly showing families and friends sobbing in the real world for no other reason than trying to tear jerk, when there are no hints and leads for a way out of Elder Tales.
Honestly, why are there people that want this to be more similar to SAO?

Why do some people want the cast of Log Horizon to find a way out? The World of Elder Tales is awesome, it's a smaller replica based off of the real world, there's so many places to explore and more mysteries of the world to discover. Heck, Kanami the ex-leader of Debauchery Tea Party is now doing a reverse "Journey to the west", traveling from the Europe Server to go back to the Japan Server, discovering things that didn't exist when Elder Tales was a game.

If I was the author, I'll never give out any clues on how to get out until the last volumes. and honestly, If they succeeded to get out of Elder Tales then what? Go play Alfheim Online next? GunGale Online?

Urek said:
-> since she bought the cathredal, the place where everyone respawns after death, she can blacklist anyone and basically stop the respawn in the west. (basically all people die (?) when they are killed and blacklisted by her)
[i am not sure whether the people are truely death or just somehow waiting till she lift those from the blacklist and respawn instantly afterwards]

Don't give out unnecessary unconfirmed details. Nobody can confirm that the blacklisted people are "dead". heck, even Nureha theorized that it might be one of the methods to go back to the real world.
kaimaxMar 23, 2014 12:53 AM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Mar 23, 2014 12:40 AM
Feb 2012
Way to make me hyped for the second season.
Now that everything has been set up, we're ready to explore the world even more and reach out to places behind the walls of Akiba. I cannot wait, fellow adventurers. I most certainly am ready for season 2.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 23, 2014 1:24 AM

Apr 2009
The thing I liked about LH the most was all the strategising and political manoeuvering. But then there were also things that annoyed me, like Mariella (seriously, why is she a guildmaster, we have exactly seen her do much other than whine, laze around and if trouble comes their way, worry), Henrietta's creepy obsession with Akatsuki while otherwise being a pretty nice character etc. Basically the 'humoristic' stuff kinda felt unnecessary at times, but luckily they toned it down toward the end. 7/10 for me.

I hope to see the kids grow up even more in the fall, Minori's development was fun to watch :)
Mar 23, 2014 1:30 AM

Aug 2008
dobinz said:
felt little bit rushing but Nureha alone make this ep 11/10

and they already show "The Murderer" ! cant wait for season2

I agree on your first thought.

And the announcement was nice. Overall, I think I liked this better than SAO. It was less about the melodrama and more about the story. Also, some of the action on SAO was replaced instead by tactical plays and strategies, making it interesting to see the developments too. Pretty nice watch, yeah.
Mar 23, 2014 1:34 AM

Feb 2014
AnimeFan500 said:
Season 2 !!!!!!

How does Shiroe know Nureha???

I'm going to assume she was in the same guild that Shiroe was in before they got stuck in the game.
Prepare to be pummeled cheerfully, jauntily, and utterly one-sidedly! :3
Mar 23, 2014 1:56 AM

Jan 2011
Hell yeah! 2nd season this fall!

Can't wait to see how the 2nd season is gonna continue on.
Definitely wanna see more Shiroe x Akatsuki.

Seems like Shiroe is the only one in Akihabara who was even researching on a way to return home. Shiroe really plays the role of the bad cop rather well, really suits his char imo.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Mar 23, 2014 2:05 AM

Jun 2012
That wasn't bad. It was more focused on explaining how things worked in it's world, and depicted MMO's way better than SAO.
It kinda lost it's focus later on though, but still it was a pretty good effort (apparently, no-one in the industry knows how MMOs really work..sigh);it had it's moments anyway.

Minori was the only annoying character, which was remarkable since it was a 25ep series.
I feel they could expand more in the character backgrounds though.

The animation was decent, the ost mediocre.

If the second season manages to fill the gaps, it will make for a pretty good series.

6/10
Mar 23, 2014 2:52 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Final interesting, but the closing has not made me shake your wrists, epic quality to 30%.
After much run throughout the series and in the end just a "sciacquetta," to kick off at all? Laughed! XD
I thought you parasse the end a much more badass, instead there is the classic dead cat in real life as he can to climb the rungs of power.
Shiroe is a controversial figure, with little appeal sometimes.
Undecided on how to evaluate the series that has had many strengths but who also had the major limitation of having to deal with a history yet to be written, the ending was not exciting as I said before but the plot is very interesting. I hope that in the BD version will improve the designs.
Final rating of 7/10!
Mar 23, 2014 3:09 AM

Jan 2014
Good series, glad it didn't heavily rely on action this season as I enjoyed the aspect of trying to restore order in Akihabara first, and then try to develop a mutual relation with the NPCs. But now with Nureha being brought in as the main villain, the show may place more emphasis in action/adventure with LH/or Shiroe, for that matter, leaving Akihabara.

Good closure and has set up the next season nicely, can't wait for it.

Mar 23, 2014 3:32 AM

Sep 2011
Nureha easily made this the best episode of the season for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2014 3:41 AM

Jun 2011
Sad that this show ended but so excited about season 2 in fall.

Great series and take on the whole trap in MMO genre. Glad it score higher than Shit Art Online and the second season announcement was immediately after season 1 ended.

Nureha seems interesting and very beautiful with that nine tails appearance along with that beauty mark under the eye. Cant wait to find out whats the way for them to get out of the game.

Shiroe is and awesome MC and i just love how he always remain level minded to solve situations. The series has an interesting range of cast and all of them are likable as well.

Overall this was a great series. Love how the explain the game concepts so even those that dont play MMO are able to understand them. Really have to worship Touno Mamare for his works. Not only did he do a great job on Maoyuu, he even created this masterpiece. 10/10
Mar 23, 2014 4:56 AM
Oct 2008
Wow S2 announced so close by well thats good I liked this show it was good

7/10
Mar 23, 2014 7:22 AM

Jun 2009
MagisterArcanum said:
Kazuhara said:
KaedeKyl9 said:
Kazuhara said:
Could anyone tell me who was the fully armored knight with a Halberd in the last scene?
part
If I tell you, that would be spoiler, there ll be a lot of action in 2do season, al least the first part

Well, a spoiler on who was the knight is totally fine for me. So, who was the knight by the way? :)

He's a member of the City Guard in Akiba who would play an important role in the second season (his armour is a giveaway anyway). That's all that I'd say for now.

That's good enough for me. Thanks! I was wondering if he was another one of the antagonist that would be showing up on S2.
Mar 23, 2014 7:27 AM

Dec 2009
I fell like the last 4 episodes was a kind of prologue os the season 2. But its ok. Log Horizon was a great show with an interesting plot and I like to see him. 8,5/10
Mar 23, 2014 8:08 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I feel like this anime had a pretty strong start. Usually, anything RPG-related turns out mediocre at best. Then, every once in a while, an anime like SAO comes around and spices things up a little. I enjoyed watching SAO, more than I did Log Horizon as a whole. They never lost sight of the whole premise of being trapped in a game.

The very same went out the window after the first few episodes of Log Hoirzon and the second half has been quite disappointing. It's just politics now; it went down the same road Maouyuu did. At least Log Horizon still had a few interesting characters and with the sights set on a second season, they managed to make the last two episodes somewhat interesting again, because they concentrated on what Log Horizon actually is.

So overall, this first season was a decent prologue to the second season, I think. I hope it will be a bit more brave and tackle this whole game aspect. I wouldn't mind some more character development for Shiroe and Akatsuki either. Bring on season two. Don't mess it up.

A generous 7/10.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 23, 2014 9:42 AM

Jun 2008
cyruz said:
I enjoyed watching SAO, more than I did Log Horizon as a whole. They never lost sight of the whole premise of being trapped in a game.
The very same went out the window after the first few episodes of Log Hoirzon and the second half has been quite disappointing.

That's because Log Horizon's "premise" wasn't "Getting stuck into the game and trying to escape" to begin with. The major difference with SAO is that the people who are trapped doesn't have any single leads and clues on how/why/who. So, they solve the most important thing next, "Making their lives bearable first", which SAO never touched upon.

It's just politics now;

Umm No. It's only 4 episodes, that's like complaining about the content changing when you've only read half of the book and only because of one chapter. Log Horizon adapted 5 books into the anime, from all 7 books available only Volume 5, the Libra Festival Arc that doesn't have any fighting. So, it's exaggeration to say it's now politics.

because they concentrated on what Log Horizon actually is.

So, what actually is Log Horizon?

I hope it will be a bit more brave and tackle this whole game aspect.

If people stop spouting "needs action" every 2 episodes. There are other aspects to a game than just raiding and PVPing.. .>_>

I wouldn't mind some more character development for Shiroe and Akatsuki either.

the next season's adapation, Vol 6 is Akatsuki Exclusive. Vol 7 is Shiroe Exclusive.

My unanswered questions:
Honestly, why are there people that want this to be more similar to SAO?
Why do some people insists that the cast of Log Horizon have to find a way out "early"?
kaimaxMar 23, 2014 9:45 AM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Mar 23, 2014 9:48 AM

Jun 2012
I kinda liked this 25 episodes run. Some of the episodes were boring but some were fun and entertaining, it helped with the wait for SAO season 2.
7/10
Mar 23, 2014 10:04 AM

Feb 2014
It was a great season finale!

So excited to see what is in store for season 2 and Nureha!!!

Mar 23, 2014 10:28 AM

Sep 2013
pretty great show, its awesome that they confirmed season 2 already, but we have to wait until fall :( , i hope its just as long as season 1, maybe even longer.
Mar 23, 2014 10:59 AM

Jan 2013
Should ah went with the sex fox tbh.

Can't wait for S2 best show of the season 9/10
Mar 23, 2014 11:05 AM

Sep 2012
I was disappointed with the ending, it looks like Akatsuki doesn't give a sh*t about the conversation between Minori and Shiroe, but actually is the opposite.

Anyway, can't wait to see Tetra in the next season!
Mar 23, 2014 11:45 AM

Sep 2008
Can't say I was impressed by the ending, but some people in this thread said S2 was announced so that complain goes out the window.

As for the show as whole I'm pretty happy with how it was. It had a well developed story most of the time and it actually made sense most of the time. New "world magic" was explained really, really well and Shiroe was an interesting lead character.

Looking forward to seeing what S2 brings on the table.

The only bigger complain I could have here are 2 things:

1. xp pots subplot, while resolved, never went anywhere from that point on. Lower lvl characters still get them, are they used, what happened to that market etc etc etc. Really should've been concluded better.
Not to mention those xp pots were not legacy/character bound, making them abusable to the point of absurdity.

2. You can buy cathedral and prevent respawn! Really? Talk about shitty game design. That's like 1 place that should never be purchasable. And even if it could be bought the owner should not be able to prevent people from respawning there.
Not to mention, if people who don't respawn actually die, it would make that fox lady a mass murderer.

The only thing that made no sense, even in fantasy anime, were those 2 things imo. The rest was handled very well.
6/10
Mar 23, 2014 11:56 AM

Mar 2012
nina4life said:
Can't say I was impressed by the ending, but some people in this thread said S2 was announced so that complain goes out the window.

As for the show as whole I'm pretty happy with how it was. It had a well developed story most of the time and it actually made sense most of the time. New "world magic" was explained really, really well and Shiroe was an interesting lead character.

Looking forward to seeing what S2 brings on the table.

The only bigger complain I could have here are 2 things:

1. xp pots subplot, while resolved, never went anywhere from that point on. Lower lvl characters still get them, are they used, what happened to that market etc etc etc. Really should've been concluded better.
Not to mention those xp pots were not legacy/character bound, making them abusable to the point of absurdity.

2. You can buy cathedral and prevent respawn! Really? Talk about shitty game design. That's like 1 place that should never be purchasable. And even if it could be bought the owner should not be able to prevent people from respawning there.
Not to mention, if people who don't respawn actually die, it would make that fox lady a mass murderer.

The only thing that made no sense, even in fantasy anime, were those 2 things imo. The rest was handled very well.
6/10

About the cathedral thing, the option to buy places only appeared after the game became real, it didn't exist when it was a game. Every place is obtainable at absurd prices now.
Mar 23, 2014 12:32 PM

Jul 2011
nina4life said:

1. There is no market for it. It was only Hamelin and they got shut down. The reason they weren't bound was because it's easy to level, the only reason why people started buying them after the Catastrophe was becuase it was safer to exp off lower level mobs (exp pot removes the level gap restriction) because of them having to do combat personally instead of behind a screen. There's no need for a better conclusion, the only guild that abused it was done in.

2. Purchase of important buildings and zones was only available after the Catastrophe, before that you could only buy designated buildings to use as your own guild hall if you didn't want to use the space within the guild building.
Mar 23, 2014 2:13 PM

Dec 2013
Boring and boring
First few eps were great but later it went worse than sao. 6/10
Mar 23, 2014 2:44 PM

Apr 2013
Season 2 ?!! Hell yeah !!!
Mar 23, 2014 3:09 PM

Apr 2010
Kyouraku-san said:
Boring and boring
First few eps were great but later it went worse than sao. 6/10

I must have missed the tentacle rape in Log Horizon.
Mar 23, 2014 3:33 PM

Aug 2012
Twintals Akatsuki is kawaii as fuck!! She needs more screentime with that hairstyle.

I'm freaking excited to see what Shiroe's planning. Time to read the novels.
Legit show is legit. 8/10.
No major complaints at all.

Oh shit season 2!!!!
Mar 23, 2014 3:35 PM

Jul 2011
Apology said:
A series finale too mediocre.

Because it's not a finale.
Mar 23, 2014 3:42 PM

Jul 2012
s2 now plz.

Shiroe is just the most epic badass, woah

the last speech gave me so much adrenaline!

Krusty was cool defending the princess, aye!
Mar 23, 2014 4:05 PM
Dec 2013
Elite60 said:
Season 2 confirmed for Fall. Nice to see that.

I hate waiting but it's better than nothing. Can't wait for fall!
Mar 23, 2014 4:22 PM
Dec 2012
9/10

Can't wait for season 2
Mar 23, 2014 4:38 PM
Mar 2009
Oineko said:
9/10

Can't wait for season 2

The finale upgraded the series to 10/10 for me. All things considered, I think the pacing was perfect.

Of course, I am rating it as an anime by itself, and not as an adaption of the LNs. I hope those do get an official English release, though.

Looking forwards to Season 2, and also all of the things LH inspires.
Mar 23, 2014 5:52 PM

Feb 2013
Took care of the snob a bit too quickly... then spent the rest of the time building up the next season. Not exactly going out with a bang...

I though the anime was consistently below-average. Still good enough to watch, and I look forward to next season.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.