Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2008 6:14 PM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh the wait. The wait was the worst *sigh*
on to the episode which rocked. Marina nows who one of the Meisters is but i doubt she is gonna do anything with the info. Really nice plan they came up with making it almost impossible to capture Exia unless they make themselves feel bad.
Jan 6, 2008 6:43 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yeah, good episode. They're indeed one step closer now. Next week's episode should be intense.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 6, 2008 7:50 PM

Jan 2007
Oh man, loved the episode. I enjoyed the fight scenes and the plan Sumeragi cooked up. The thing that bothers me though is how Setsuna identity is discovered so easily by the UN guy and that other guy.
Jan 6, 2008 8:18 PM

Nov 2007
This was an intense episode. So far I think this gundam series is the best that i've watched so far. I'd like to see a state side release of this. Does that reformest guy that was rescued remind anyone else of Osama Binladen?
Jan 6, 2008 8:38 PM

Jun 2007
Hellmonkey said:
This was an intense episode. So far I think this gundam series is the best that i've watched so far. I'd like to see a state side release of this. Does that reformest guy that was rescued remind anyone else of Osama Binladen?

lol almost every older male looks like that in the middle east. But if you haven't already noticed this whole series has been based on the future wars to come in the middle east.

As for the ep, I thought it was great. It was a bit sad that the UN guy kind of realized that Setsuna is apart of the war but I don't think he's fully realized that he's apart of CS yet. Marina and Setsuna really need to learn to just use first names rofl. "Setsuna F. Seiei is that really you" "Marina ismail!"

She reminds me more and more of relina peacecraft xD.
Jan 7, 2008 12:52 AM

Jun 2007
The new OP next week will feature 3 new gundams also those 3 new gundams are set to appear in episode 17 & what group they belong to will not surprise you.
Jan 7, 2008 1:19 AM

Nov 2007
that was intense. XDD
Jan 7, 2008 3:48 AM

Jun 2007

New Gundam Pilots.

Looks like Sunrise is being Lazy again
KrylonBlueJan 7, 2008 2:28 PM
Jan 7, 2008 3:48 AM

Jun 2007
KrylonBlueJan 7, 2008 2:28 PM
Jan 7, 2008 3:55 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Please use the spoiler tag: [ spoiler ] text/image(s) [ / spoiler] - remove the spaces.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 7, 2008 2:27 PM

Jun 2007
Jan 7, 2008 2:42 PM

Jul 2007
DjRyuji said:

New Gundam Pilots.

Looks like Sunrise is being Lazy again

Hey the chickie looks like a younger version of Sumeragi-san (<3) !!

Hellmonkey said:

It is quite good isn't it?? Destiny got really intense in the middle so I wouldn't say it's the Best one so far.. but it's been pretty awesome =O
Jan 7, 2008 3:13 PM

Aug 2007
One of my favorite episodes for this series. I finally got a nice blend of fighting with Setsuna. I can't wait for the next episode, since it seems interesting.
Jan 7, 2008 3:18 PM
Oct 2007
Oh god the ep was brilliant

nicely planned
Jan 7, 2008 3:40 PM

May 2007
Faust721 said:
Oh man, loved the episode. I enjoyed the fight scenes and the plan Sumeragi cooked up. The thing that bothers me though is how Setsuna identity is discovered so easily by the UN guy and that other guy.

Yeah, the identity crisis there is a little disturbing. Although it should be interesting to see how he uses it.

Jan 7, 2008 6:34 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
I really enjoyed this ep. My mind wasn't wandering or anything, and I couldn't believe it was over at the end. It had a really good feel to it too, with Celestial Being returning him and the guys being unable to go after Exia. I also really liked the end, "However the civil conflict still continues" - makes it more realistic.

I don't know how I feel about new pilots... I want to know more about the ones that we currently have!
Jan 7, 2008 7:01 PM

Apr 2007
Kineta said:
I really enjoyed this ep. My mind wasn't wandering or anything, and I couldn't believe it was over at the end. It had a really good feel to it too, with Celestial Being returning him and the guys being unable to go after Exia. I also really liked the end, "However the civil conflict still continues" - makes it more realistic.

I don't know how I feel about new pilots... I want to know more about the ones that we currently have!

I totally agree. The thought of putting new characters instead of having the current ones evolve is kinda bad as this show already has quite a few "active" characters compared to other shows. Time will tell i guess...
Jan 7, 2008 10:57 PM
Jan 2008
Faust721 said:

The (AEU pilot) never figures out who he is. The director probably wanted the audience to be aware as always that the AEU dude isn't your average dumb military Joe. He's a seasoned pilot who seems to have a lot of extra street smarts an a sharp eye to the details that matter most. His comment "nice eyes" only goes to show that he was able to see beyond Setsuna's fake outer exterior, thus triggering his suspicions.

As for the mercenery dude. He's a similar case, but he obviously shares a past with Setsuna...though an ambiguous one on which we've all been able to make educated hypotheses.

If you watch enough anime, you will come to easily recognize a common device, which is the belief that one can get to know another better by fighting him. I doubt the mercenery dude will actually use any info he has on Setsuna (if any) against him. More likely, the merc dude ends up dying, or just lives on, but in a different kind of life.

It would be nice to see the merc dude get beaten up really badly in a fight, but ending up making something else out of his life. Perhaps becoming a body guard for Lacus *cough cough* Rileena *cough cough cough* I mean Marina ismail.

But over all, I really liked this episode too. Fight scenes were well drawn and the ending came out nicely for once. You didn't have to see the pilots undergo pain and suffering, none of this bittersweet nonsense. But then of course, the director's intent in these episodes is to disseminate a message. That message surrounds the gloom and doom that surrounds conflict among humans and the never-ending struggle to find a solution to it.
chris9kJan 7, 2008 11:02 PM
Jan 7, 2008 10:59 PM
Jan 2008
On a further note, I have to say...I think Macross Frontier is going to go down a MUCH better route. A lot of familiar themes, but ones that NEVER get old in the Macross Saga (just started watching from the first series, haha). Graphics are so much better, a lot of CG which is appropriate for current anime TV shows, and of course, the good ole' plot about a boy on his path to becoming strong! =-D A lot of us dudes relate to that, totally!
Jan 8, 2008 7:41 AM

Apr 2007
Yumi said:
btw what country is azadistan??

In episode 12, the Kingdom of Azadistan corresponds geographically with the modern day Iran.

Setsuna was really cool in this episode esp his acting in front of Graham but i was wishing for a Exia vs Flag battle(even though i knew it wouldn't happen this episode)

The Ninja was really wicked and Lockon was pretty awesome with his sniper shots

The Red Truth is the only truth in the world
Jan 9, 2008 2:58 PM
Jun 2007
Yumi said:
brilliant episode!! yeah marina ismail really reminds me of relena peacecraft..

she does seem a lot like Relena. anyways, I really liked this episode, probably the most enjoyable one so far. its certainly building up for more of these kind of stuff.
Jan 9, 2008 6:51 PM

Jun 2007
well she should seem like relena right? after all this is pretty much a remake of the original gundam wing for a modern audience similar to how seed was a remake of mobile suit gundam.
Jan 9, 2008 9:54 PM
Jun 2007
zeth006 said:
On a further note, I have to say...I think Macross Frontier is going to go down a MUCH better route. A lot of familiar themes, but ones that NEVER get old in the Macross Saga (just started watching from the first series, haha). Graphics are so much better, a lot of CG which is appropriate for current anime TV shows, and of course, the good ole' plot about a boy on his path to becoming strong! =-D A lot of us dudes relate to that, totally!

CG = F/SN CGI Dragon sex. Lol. Obvious CGI is bad, because they use it because its cheap.

Graphics = you mean animation? Meh. It's on par.

And I'm still expecting Gundam 00 to be a lot better with plot and emotion.

Jan 11, 2008 7:14 AM

Nov 2004
Thought that was an awesome episode. Although it was intense, the somewhat of a plot device where Graham just "knows" things from his experience is a bit of a downer. I mean I can understand him being able to see through a local boy pretending to be innocent (e.g. see that he is holding a gun behind the back) but then he went and dropped hints about the Enact, which prompted Setsuna to figure out where to rescue the hostage, making it kind of obvious to Graham that he met a member of Celestial Being now considering how things went smoothly after he went and dropped those hints to some 'random local boy'.

Setsuna's battle was waaay intense, but he really doesn't give much care to protecting his identity does he. Oh and that moment where Exia was walking towards the palace, I was also like on the edge of my seat (like the characters). Let's hope they can keep this quality up.
Jun 7, 2008 1:58 AM

May 2008
Wow setsuna had more lines in this episode than he did throughout the whole previous 12 episodes.
i dont consider this plan smart becuase if this was real, no one would care if the gundam wasnt armed, plus does it really matter how much hate they generate for themselves once they get it, they can find out the secrets of the gundam and mass produce it and that seems like a pretty good bargain.
Jun 29, 2008 10:23 PM

Feb 2008
not only does setsuna has more lines, he showed more expressions especially in the scene when he is trying to act innocent in front of graham

Jul 14, 2008 1:28 AM

Apr 2008
Oh that was an awesome episode! Setsuna is my fave pilot. I'm so glad to see him have more lines. :P
Jul 29, 2008 4:55 PM

Jun 2007
I really enjoyed this episode. Plus, it proved Lockon is badass with a manual sniper rifle as well!
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

May 24, 2009 2:47 PM

Jan 2009
love it

Jun 27, 2009 7:56 PM

Mar 2009
vindemon64 said:
Faust721 said:

Yeah, the identity crisis there is a little disturbing. Although it should be interesting to see how he uses it.

Indeed, though I definitely know that Marina probably won't be doing anything. I mean its not like she's done anything productive so far XDXDXDXD

Seriously, she's a horrible leader.

Grahm on the other hand is much smarter, he made a really good move letting that info slip to Setsuna cause based on CB's actions later he may have been able to determine that Setsuna was indeed a Gundam pilot. And he knew that by letting that info slip he'd increase the chances of that Conservative leader being rescued. Grahm really is one of my favorite characters in this show and I'll enjoy seeing what he tries to do next.

Now about the rest of the episode, I just loved it. That battle Setsuna had with Al-Saachez was very well done and I was thoroughly entertained, and it was nice seeing the rescue get carried out nicely; as well as seeing the tense delivery of the hostage. So with that over it looks like Azadastan (sp?) is back at square one. They've resolved the conflict, but their solar antennas were destroyed and civil unrest still remains. I guess we'll just have to see what the Princess does next to see what direction the country goes (maybe she'll actually do something productive).

5/5
Jun 27, 2009 8:03 PM

Mar 2009
zeth006 said:
Faust721 said:

The (AEU pilot) never figures out who he is. The director probably wanted the audience to be aware as always that the AEU dude isn't your average dumb military Joe. He's a seasoned pilot who seems to have a lot of extra street smarts an a sharp eye to the details that matter most. His comment "nice eyes" only goes to show that he was able to see beyond Setsuna's fake outer exterior, thus triggering his suspicions.

As for the mercenery dude. He's a similar case, but he obviously shares a past with Setsuna...though an ambiguous one on which we've all been able to make educated hypotheses.

If you watch enough anime, you will come to easily recognize a common device, which is the belief that one can get to know another better by fighting him. I doubt the mercenery dude will actually use any info he has on Setsuna (if any) against him. More likely, the merc dude ends up dying, or just lives on, but in a different kind of life.

I don't know, if Grahm didn't suspect him of being the Gundam then why would he bother letting that info slip? Well I guess it doesn't matter that much whether he knows if Setsuna's a Gundam or not. I don't think there'd be much he could do with that info. As for Al-Saachez I definitely got the feeling that he knew exactly who Setsuna was, but once again I guess he won't do much with that info in the end. He may just use his experience with Setsuna in the past to help him out in the next battle with him.
Jun 27, 2009 8:05 PM

Mar 2009
littlebluetotoro said:
not only does setsuna has more lines, he showed more expressions especially in the scene when he is trying to act innocent in front of graham
I did enjoy that as well. Now I'm finally starting to like his character more
Feb 7, 2010 12:41 PM

Nov 2008
Its one of my favorite episodes. I sense a connection between the "events" that take place in that region of the world with what is actually happening in the Middle East.
Aug 8, 2010 3:21 PM

Aug 2009
Long's spinzaku style kick was epic xD
Apr 19, 2011 8:46 PM

Sep 2009
That Graham.
Smart little bastard.
Jan 10, 2012 3:10 AM

Aug 2009
Wonderful episode. Thank Captain Falcon that this Gundam is mostly invincible. (Let's just hope that Shulk doesn't get near with the Monado)

Graham sure likes to play. >:-D
Aug 13, 2012 10:58 PM

Dec 2008
Pretty good episode, I held my breath there for a bit. xD
Mar 26, 2013 5:50 AM

Jul 2012
pretty damned good series so far, in fact this is probably the best gundam series iv ever seen so far,
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Apr 14, 2014 12:11 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Great ep- That was an awesome display of power by the Gundam, arriving weaponless and taking those shots like that.

I get the feeling Marina and Setsuna will get to know each other better later on.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 20, 2014 8:13 PM

Feb 2013
Ali Al-Saachez! Yeah!

Good fight between him and Setsuna... It's always a good fight when Ali Al-Saachez is involved.
Aug 4, 2014 2:24 PM

Oct 2013
Splendid episode! Graham is quite intelligent and has a sharp instinct, being able to tell Setsuna was a part of the war so easily.

Overall, this was a brilliant move to help establish to the world that Celestial Being isn't a terrorist organization, but an organization existing to bring peace through whatever means necessary.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 12, 2015 12:55 AM

Sep 2014
Arriving unarmed and delivering the kidnapped gentleman was great. Graham wanted to go after him so bad, but couldn't. Smart move.

And holy shit, is Hong Long superhuman? And what is Tiara's problem? He needs to unlodge whatever's stuck up his ass.
Jan 19, 2016 4:46 AM

Jul 2008
Very good episode, Tieria really needs to be punched in the mouth though.
Aug 11, 2018 2:18 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
That red haired guy with the beard is super annoying, he comes across as another arrogant villian guy in anime.
Aug 20, 2018 8:32 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Heart attack much when Setsuna was discovered by Graham. Graham really has a good sense, realizing that Setsuna was behind the rock. More evidence that he's really at the top in terms of fighting.

Hong Long is amazing. Why am I not surprised though? XD

I also like how they kept it real after saving the religious leader. Although he and Marina both advocated for their citizens to end the civil war, it's not like it's really solve the civil unrest. It's unfortunate, but the citizens hold strong views that cannot be changed so easily.
May 18, 2021 5:18 PM

Sep 2017
Man we need more war drama to take place in middle east, so much potential...
Oct 19, 2021 6:43 PM

Feb 2020
Good episode. Setsuna is growing on me a lot.
Feb 15, 2022 2:42 PM

Oct 2013
Hong Long a bit campy with those moves but it was still a pretty cool entrance.

The more the plot goes on the more I'm convinced this is Gundam Wing done right.
Jan 5, 4:09 AM

Jul 2017
Awesome, brilliant episode, probably one of my favorites for now.
Even if i still don't love setsuna, this episode helps to understand and expand his character, great ending showing realistically that the conflict is still going even if the leaders only want peace.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Requal - Mar 28, 2008

187 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 27, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KrylonBlue - Mar 7, 2008

108 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 27, 2:15 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KrylonBlue - Feb 23, 2008

73 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 26, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kurotsuki - Feb 16, 2008

82 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 26, 11:13 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 9 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 2, 2007

44 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 25, 11:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.