Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 4, 2012 4:30 PM
Apr 2011
Cratex said:
I note with only slightly suppressed irony that Inaba forbid Taichi to switch with Iori on the grounds he is a "selfless freak", but she was the one that was going to make the sacrifice and while I am sure wanting to protect a friend was a big part of it, I can only assume a big reason she choose to do so was because for whatever reason she continues to push Taichi x Iori, even at the expense of her own life. Fascinating.

I don't quite understand what you mean here. I thought Inaba was the one who didn't want that because she knew Iori would feel horrible and could not live with having someone die in her place.

I'm glad they pointed out some flaws with Taichi. Or rather he was put in a position to admit he had a problem.
Aug 4, 2012 4:30 PM
May 2010
The only way this arc can be even better is by Iori's death. You cannot blame me on this opinion, cause I love Iori character the most, but this development could lead the series to a masterpiece level (or perhaps drop it where the sun does not shine).
Aug 4, 2012 4:35 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
zorapup said:
I don't quite understand what you mean here. I thought Inaba was the one who didn't want that because she knew Iori would feel horrible and could not live with having someone die in her place.
Oh, FOO. I just rewatched that scene - Inaba steps forward when Heartseed asks who it will be and first says "me", and for whatever reason I mis-read what she said next. Never mind.
Aug 4, 2012 4:38 PM

Jul 2010
Ksa said:
But Inaba and Taichi
and Iori
like Heartseed.

WHY DID I OPEN THIS SPOILER.FK MY LIFE >_> Now i need to decide to drop this series or not.I mean if thats what happens, this series will be IMO a big joke, and i will just waste my time and anger.

bregor said:
It would be better if Iori died...
Inaba is the best for Taichi!

...I have no words for you.It's pathetic wishing someone to die, just because you prefer her love rival.
incompleteAEGISAug 4, 2012 4:44 PM
Aug 4, 2012 4:50 PM

Apr 2012
Ohmygod. I am just screaming because feelings. The ending, ohmygod. I felt so much relief when I found out Inaba didn't die.
So much expectations.

The array of emotions that I felt while watching this was just.

can I just put all my sighs here for this episode is just
*u*

My forum picture is awesome. #sorrynotsorry (tumblr)

Aug 4, 2012 5:32 PM

Nov 2008
I wanted to ignore the fact that Iori was kissing Taichi in Inaba's body. At least Inaba did not get mad...but lets face it..she wanted her first kiss to be with Taichi : ) I still didn't like it, but w/e.

Anyways, I don't know what will happen next. All I know is that I don't think Taichi really knows what he wants...

I know in the past episode some people were diminishing Inaba's problem, but as it turns out, Iori's problem wasn't that much of a problem either. What Taichi said is completely true. However, there are people out there, including myself who have probably felt the same way as Iori and Inaba. They felt they had a problem, and until someone points it out, they don't realize that its not as big of a problem as they thought. Its easy for an outside party to see it, then it is for ourselves to see it. That's all I wanted to say...

Great episode....Taichi x Inaba FTW
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Aug 4, 2012 5:42 PM

Mar 2011
Ksa said:
But Inaba and Taichi
and Iori
like Heartseed.

Life = Over.
Aug 4, 2012 5:47 PM

Dec 2009
This anime is so unpredictable, I'm loving it. Though it would make a better drama if Iori had actually died.
Aug 4, 2012 5:52 PM

Mar 2010
oh god the tears won't stop
Aug 4, 2012 5:53 PM
Feb 2012
iLostReason said:
Ksa said:
But Inaba and Taichi
and Iori
like Heartseed.

WHY DID I OPEN THIS SPOILER.FK MY LIFE >_> Now i need to decide to drop this series or not.I mean if thats what happens, this series will be IMO a big joke, and i will just waste my time and anger.

+1
fuck lol
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 4, 2012 5:55 PM

Jul 2012
Best episode yet! I'm so glad I didn't read spoilers. It's way more epic if you don't know what's gonna happen. MY RATING WENT UP TO 9/10 :D

My emotions were played lol. I almost cried during the sad part. This felt like the last episode...Although, obviously it's not. xD

I like Iori and Taichi but I don't really care who ends up with Taichi. But definitely, Aoki should be with Yui though. (y)
Aug 4, 2012 6:02 PM

Apr 2007
I wanted to see Iori go, not becuase I hate her character or anything, but because I think it might lead to a more interesting dynamic. I knew in the end they wouldn't kill her off though. Since Heartseed states death is not an option I want to see what he has planned for them next.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Aug 4, 2012 6:13 PM
Jul 2012
meepsheep said:
My emotions were played lol. I almost cried during the sad part. This felt like the last episode...Although, obviously it's not. xD
I like Iori and Taichi but I don't really care who ends up with Taichi. But definitely, Aoki should be with Yui though. (y)

I'm totally whatever about Taichi's love life. And I'd also like to see Aoki end up with Yui. I just can't help but root for the underdog and besides, I wonder how Yui would deal with her problem in relation to him.
Aug 4, 2012 6:22 PM

May 2010
Thank god, its been nothing but gloom all weekend, Iori is safe the make today a little happier for me and Inaba can be very scary at times.
Aug 4, 2012 6:36 PM

Jan 2011
Okay holy shit that was amazing! That bridge scene with Iori and Taichi was so good. Then as soon as Taichi confessed his love to Iori, Balloon Vine appeared in her body and fell off the bridge. From there, I was like 'aww shit'

Hospital scene, my emotions were everywhere, fuck. Seriously, Iori giving those 'final' words to Taichi was so damn saddening. I almost teared up! And then Balloon Vine appears and tells all of them that he planned it from the start and was just 'testing them' lmao. To be trolled immensely. Balloon Vine is such a mysterious and interesting 'character'.

That last scene was nice and somewhat scary lmao. Inaban knows Taichi stole her first kiss, and that laugh of hers is just LOL! So they haven't switched bodies since then. Looks like it'll start again next episode. :S
Why is this Anime so damn good?!
Aug 4, 2012 6:37 PM

Apr 2010
At least everyone has moved on from the masturbation part. If I had hear anymore about it, I was gonna go crazy!
Aug 4, 2012 6:38 PM

Nov 2009
I somehow like Inaba for Taichi than Iori...There's just something not right in Iori and Taichi's relationship...Chemistry...maybe? Idk...I just really like Inaba and Taichi's moments. ^^

Hmmm well, I guess it's just that there's too much pushing around for Taichi and Iori to be together...and somehow...I just don't feel that much pull between the two of them...Although I know Taichi is a "stable" person, if his love for Iori is THAT INTENSE, I don't think he'll be able to keep his cool that much. It's just...weird...

If it was Inaba who'll die, I wonder what his reaction would be...

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Aug 4, 2012 6:38 PM

Jul 2009
and i thought it was going to end up the same way how Accel World episode 17 ended up since i watched Kokoro after Accel Heartseed guy would've been cursed eternally by me!.

Good thing it was a different ending!

So im guessing Inaban will definitely fall for Taichi? :D xD
オール・イズ・バニッティー

Aug 4, 2012 6:47 PM
Dec 2010
TOOO MUUUCH TROOOOLLL
Aug 4, 2012 6:47 PM

Jan 2012
roorensu-kun said:
and i thought it was going to end up the same way how Accel World episode 17 ended up since i watched Kokoro after Accel Heartseed guy would've been cursed eternally by me!.

I hope not.....Like a lot of other's, i agree that watching the rest of the series would be annoying, and more or less depressing if Inaban and Taichi got together. I have nothing against Inaban, however as a pairing for Taichi....No....They've pushed the Taichi x Iori card on us way too much during this series and anything other than that just seems so wrong. If he does indeed go out with Inaban. I'm sorry to say.....But I'll have to drop the series....It'll be a huge disappointment, when the series had such potential too.
Aug 4, 2012 6:55 PM
Jul 2012
Same here. TAICHI X IORI all the way, I don't what people see in TAICHI X INABAN. But i guess, me being a huge IORI fan wants Iori to end up with Taichi or someone. So i guess thats why i want the pairing. Anyway's if the inaban couple is the one that happens i might still watch this series.It had to much potential and i'll just forget about the pairing and ROOT for IORI alone with no TAICHI(Hate Taichi if he plays with Iori's feelings). :((
Aug 4, 2012 6:58 PM

Aug 2011
Paperface088 said:
Same here. TAICHI X IORI all the way, I don't what people see in TAICHI X INABAN. But i guess, me being a huge IORI fan wants Iori to end up with Taichi or someone. So i guess thats why i want the pairing. Anyway's if the inaban couple is the one that happens i might still watch this series.It had to much potential and i'll just forget about the pairing and ROOT for IORI alone with no TAICHI(Hate Taichi if he plays with Iori's feelings). :((

Taichi won't play with Iori's feelings.
He hates to see people being hurt so he wouldn't do that.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Aug 4, 2012 7:00 PM

May 2012
4tiejareshtuejioriihttser ;-; My emotions. That was just ijwotiueif; my heart's still going crazy
I wanted to cry so badly throughout the whole thing
That was some serious trolling...
My opinions changed about Heartseed though, he doesn't seem like such a bad guy. I think he has good intentions, even if he does act like a huge dick -.-
This is definitely one of my favourite animes this year :)
Aug 4, 2012 7:03 PM
Jul 2012
Ahri said:
roorensu-kun said:

I hope not.....Like a lot of other's, i agree that watching the rest of the series would be annoying, and more or less depressing if Inaban and Taichi got together. I have nothing against Inaban, however as a pairing for Taichi....No....They've pushed the Taichi x Iori card on us way too much during this series and anything other than that just seems so wrong. If he does indeed go out with Inaban. I'm sorry to say.....But I'll have to drop the series....It'll be a huge disappointment, when the series had such potential too.

I remember this series, like because it's so huge and so many watched it. They didn't know who to choose for the main guy. So they had this voting system opened up so the people could choose who the guy marries. wahahahaha. I think it'd be fair for the fans but not for the characters though. It'd turn out to be like were manipulating them or something.
Aug 4, 2012 7:05 PM

Mar 2011
Paperface088 said:
Ahri said:
roorensu-kun said:

I remember this series, like because it's so huge and so many watched it. They didn't know who to choose for the main guy. So they had this voting system opened up so the people could choose who the guy marries. wahahahaha. I think it'd be fair for the fans but not for the characters though. It'd turn out to be like were manipulating them or something.
Is this for real?
Aug 4, 2012 7:07 PM
Jul 2012
Soshinra said:
Paperface088 said:

Taichi won't play with Iori's feelings.
He hates to see people being hurt so he wouldn't do that.

English isn't my first language cause i'm asian and i live in the philippines so i guess didn't mean that. either way i guess i'll hate taichi. But i'm guessing/betting the story will fit so i won't be hating on taichi if he does.
Aug 4, 2012 7:08 PM
Nov 2011
Best episode so far! It was funny, romantic, sad, dramatic, and it made good use of the switching mechanic. And I was on the verge of dropping this.
Aug 4, 2012 7:10 PM
Jul 2012
Edefrem said:
Paperface088 said:
Ahri said:
roorensu-kun said:

Is this for real?

Yep it is. People were like arguing over who the guy should marry. So they opened up the voting system. I was like 8 yrs old so i forgot the title. I remember my mom was like. so nervous as to who is going to get the guy. then when the series was in and it was the pairing wichh my mom loved who married. she was happy. Hahahahaa
Aug 4, 2012 7:11 PM
Mar 2012
Victory for all Inori x Taichi shippers!!!! (including me^^) i was so glad Taichi finally manned up and opened up about his feelings to Inaba, n' looking' at the situation at the end, If i had been Taichi, i definitely would have sacrificed myself for Inaba, thnx god all ended well and Heartseed was just trolling (hard!!)

I wonder what will become of the relationship between the two, now that they have known each other's feelings, and what kind of a story will be churned out in the next arc?
Aug 4, 2012 7:11 PM

Jan 2011
Not sure what to think of Heartseed besides hes a crazy bastard with alot of power/free time on his hands and likes Dramas so he made up his own for entertainment,or this is just his own way of teaching kids harsh life lessons lol.

But Taich x Iori starting next week right?!~ either way is fine though it would be weird for them to start dating midway.
Aug 4, 2012 7:18 PM
Mar 2012
This anime is really shaping up to be the best of the year, alongside Fate/Zero (biased), SAO (biased), Hyouka, and Sakamichi no Apollon...loved this shit!!
Aug 4, 2012 7:20 PM

Mar 2011
Swear I'm like the only person for Yui x Taichi. At least my hopes was dashed in this episode quite dramatically at the beginning =.=

Aug 4, 2012 7:21 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Never expected this kind of twist at all.. My brain's still processing itself from Heartseed's trolling... This episode has convinced me to give this anime a score of 10 (previously 7, then 8, then 9 and now 10!)! That story was well thought of and absolutely brilliant that I'm now biased with this anime.

I hope it continues to keep getting better. :D Excellently clever series~
Aug 4, 2012 7:25 PM

Apr 2009
people thinking of dropping the show because the pair their shipping might not hold it until the end? come on.. why not stick around to see how it develops..

anyway, i hope this anime ends up being a 2-cour series.. being a 1-cour would just mean that they wouldn't be able to handle it until the end of the main story.. so far, my biggest problem with the series is the very existence of Heartseed.. to me, he seems to be just an avatar of the author to forcefully move the story conveniently when things start being boring (like what Heartseed himself claimed).. hopefully, his issue gets cleared up.. coz this is like cheat mode for the author..
argiliumAug 4, 2012 7:40 PM
Aug 4, 2012 7:25 PM

Jun 2008
This anime is WIN.
Dat heartseed won the title of best troll of the year.
Things are spicing up, this love triangle will surely give me more emotional rollercoasters. Im ready!!!

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 4, 2012 7:39 PM

Apr 2008
Mnn, it's just not cruel enough. Once again they've presented a marvelously dramatic situation then wrapped it up in a single episode. I want consequences other than they're better friends now. Personally I would have been much happier seeing this end with them missing the time limit by "accident" and someone else dying in Iori's body. Probably Aoki since he's the least developed and this episode's rejection is a good send off note. Imagine how that would have echoed through the rest of the series. What it would have meant for the relationship triangle. The accusations and the resentment for their situation. It would have been fascinating.

Well, better than a cliffhanger before the ending we got, at least. There's still a lot I like about this series.
Aug 4, 2012 7:54 PM
Mar 2012
argilium said:
people thinking of dropping the show because the pair their shipping might not hold it until the end? come on.. why not stick around to see how it develops..

anyway, i hope this anime ends up being a 2-cour series.. being a 1-cour would just mean that they wouldn't be able to handle it until the end of the main story.. so far, my biggest problem with the series is the very existence of Heartseed.. to me, he seems to be just an avatar of the author to forcefully move the story conveniently when things start being boring (like what Heartseed himself claimed).. hopefully, his issue gets cleared up.. coz this is like cheat mode for the author..

yeah, i'd like to know the truth with regard of who this heart seed really is....
Aug 4, 2012 8:02 PM

Feb 2012
I don't exactly understand Heartseeds plan for doing this. However the group was ignorant to think they he couldn't do something like that. It just shows how a light hearted story can become dark in just a couple seconds worth of events. I hope that this anime will have a full story telling us heartseeds real purpose and, that it isn't something half-assed like "to get you all the be real friends"

Something reminded me of Mirai Nikki I can't say what exactly but, for a while I felt it was something like a game to see who can become the next "heartseed" or something.

The only thing I can say is the Iori( i think thats her name?) actually died then, I would be out for blood no doubt.
Aug 4, 2012 8:11 PM

Apr 2010
MidnightPride said:

The only thing I can say is the Iori( i think thats her name?) actually died then, I would be out for blood no doubt.

100% agree. Someone would get axed.

Aug 4, 2012 8:32 PM

Jan 2012
katsu044 said:
Not sure what to think of Heartseed besides hes a crazy bastard with alot of power/free time on his hands and likes Dramas so he made up his own for entertainment,or this is just his own way of teaching kids harsh life lessons lol.

But Taich x Iori starting next week right?!~ either way is fine though it would be weird for them to start dating midway.

I agree, the only thing that bothered me is him confessing to Iori so early is the relationship between them was a pretty good chunk of plot device, If they wrap it up now and conclude with them dating then they're going to have to replace it with something else. I'm hoping it's something where they get to know each other better (IE Family etc), That or start focusing on the Aoki pairing more than Taichi's side..
Aug 4, 2012 8:34 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
KingofConquerors said:
yeah, i'd like to know the truth with regard of who this heart seed really is....
My theory is he is a Xenobiology grad student from some very advanced alien species, from a star several thousand light years away, working on his PhD thesis. He's found some interesting, if not overly intelligence (compared to his race), lifeforms on a backwater star system that exhibit some unusual emotional characteristics and he felt they would be perfect test subjects to include in his paper and he convinced his thesis adviser to get a grant for funding for his field study. Sadly, often such funding is very limited and I suspect his time was about up so he accelerated the experiment to try to get a more interesting result. In the academic world, it's Publish or Perish.
Aug 4, 2012 8:35 PM

Apr 2012
just completely blown away by the way this episode played with your emotions.

Jan 2012
argilium said:

Character design and relationship pairings are the hooks for me. I'll love the premise of a show, however I'll drop it's ratings significantly if the ship pairing that i dislike ends up getting the show. That's why i despise ever having watched Ef - A tale of memories. You can have a storyline that I'll love the hell out of....But don't screw with my shipping or you've had it.

Jun 2011
A great end to this particular arc. I'm predicting a new ED next episode, since they're done with body swapping. Perhaps with some more focus on Inaba.
'I met many people. We were separated. And then reunited. This tune contains all those feelings.'
- Nanaka Yatsushiro, Myself;Yourself, Episode 13
Aug 4, 2012 8:40 PM

Apr 2010
I liked this episode until the end. End was fukin' lame. Not like this surprises me because this anime is turning out to be kinda lame overall.

2/5
Aug 4, 2012 8:49 PM
Nov 2011
Awesome Ep 5/5 ^^

That was quite lovely and very serious. I was on the verge of tears when they said Iori was going to die. And yes, I know she kissed Taichi but still, it was Inaba's lips xD
Aug 4, 2012 9:01 PM

Dec 2011
Final ep? D:
Aug 4, 2012 9:04 PM

Oct 2011
I freaking cheered when it was revealed Iori didn't die. What an epic troll on Heartseed's part, though I have to admit I'm a big more intrigued by his character more than ever now.
And I loved how Heartseed just cockblocked the confession. Both hilarious and messed up at the same time, in a way.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2012 9:13 PM
Dec 2011
I'm not big on the teary-eyed front, but that episode had me going at certain points.
Gotta say, that hasn't happened since I finished Mai-HiME a while back.
Aug 4, 2012 9:15 PM

Jul 2010
I have to say that I knew how the episode would end. I knew that they couldn't kill off Iori five episodes into the show. I wasn't positive that it wouldn't end up with Taichi switching to her body at the last moment, then everyone finding out that they were trolled, then the two not being able to switch back because the switching was over. That would have made for a very, very interesting story from here on out. How would the two of them deal with being in the wrong body? They still may love each other, but could either of them deal with the switch and have romantic feelings for their own body? Would Taichi/Inori become a lesbian and Iori/Taichi gay? That would be a very interesting and daring story to tell, but probably not one that would make it to anime, perhaps a movie, but not a late night anime...

As it is, I expect things will continue to go haywire with the bastard heartseed twisting their lives in a new way next... I haven't read the novels, so I don't know for sure... I can't wait to find out how it continues!
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2012

336 by Hiroko_Takashiro »»
Apr 25, 6:30 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

369 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2012

212 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

230 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 2, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

193 by _untitled »»
Feb 19, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.