Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 17, 2010 11:00 PM
Nov 2010
It may sound silly, but I'm very grateful to this anime for two reasons;

1-it broke through the barriers I had in my heart (in other words, I cried like a baby when in other SAD stories I merely said 'meh')

2-It created the ultimate sister bond!~ (my little sis never really cared about anime but, after crying into each others arms and screaming with joy, she respects my 'addiction' and we became pals~!)

To top it off, it had great music and characters(Mitsuki intrigued me). Without the fillers, it would had been my all time fave.
mousecakeNov 17, 2010 11:11 PM
Nov 29, 2010 8:29 PM
Jul 2009
I cried so many times during this anime it is crazy. I started it on a whim and i'm glad i watched it. It really made me think of true love and what that really is. This only made me realize my life much more. I also felt inspired after watching this. Many times i thought if a girl who is dying can become a famous idol in under a year why is it that i cant as a perfectly healthy musician? It was one of those animes that just made me really really think hard about life. Even though it was fiction it felt real to me :)
I"m so glad i watched it and i will definitely read the manga. 10/10
Dec 18, 2010 9:10 AM

Jun 2008
Really touching ending :)
Takuto remembered everything after he grabbed Meroko's feather, didn't he?
Dec 26, 2010 9:43 PM

Nov 2008
Danny1337 said:
Really touching ending :)
Takuto remembered everything after he grabbed Meroko's feather, didn't he?

Yup, pretty much. :3

Dec 30, 2010 10:23 PM

Oct 2009
kyaaaaa

love this anime
beautiful ending ^^~
happy ending ^^~

love Takuto-Mitsuki

i cried countless times during this anime..

Feb 27, 2011 6:21 AM

Sep 2010
Indeed. This is one of the best endings i have EVER seen. I swear i didn't expect it to end so well after the disaster of the last episode...
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Jul 9, 2011 8:23 PM
May 2011
I also found this episode to be quite exceptional it almost made me cry
The fillers WERE annoying i actually stopped watching this anime like half way but finally decided to watch the ending and im glad i did it is very sweet
i agree that merokos hair looks weird short
Aug 23, 2011 5:29 AM

Sep 2009
I've cried. Ending was amazing and whole anime was amazing too. Perfect.
Sep 14, 2011 10:04 AM
Aug 2010
I would give this one a 9 or 9.5 in terms of anime overall but I gave it a 10 in terms of shoujo. Perhaps the best shoujo I've ever seen and I've seen quite a few, quite a few horrible ones that is.
Oct 13, 2011 12:44 PM

Oct 2009
I really loved this anime, I fell in love with Takuto after a few episodes and I kept on wishing that they would end up together, and they did x3
I do believe that Takuto did more for Mitsuki then Eichi ever did.. (I have only seen the anime) Mitsuki kept thinking about the same flashbacks, usually just watching the moon, while Takuto risked everything he had and was just to make her happy (even though he really wanted to be with her)
♥ this anime!

Ps : I couldn't stop crying like a little girl throughout the whole episode, I knew something good HAD to happen but I was so sad that Takuto would dissapear haha
Though I didn't saw it coming that he would be turned into a human again, but it made me really happy ♥ I wish they'd make an ova about Takuto & Mitsuki in their "new life" and how Takuto regained his memories with Mitsuki (unless he remembered everything in the last seconds of the anime)
BrenOct 13, 2011 12:48 PM
Oct 13, 2011 8:32 PM

Nov 2008
Bren said:
I really loved this anime, I fell in love with Takuto after a few episodes and I kept on wishing that they would end up together, and they did x3
I do believe that Takuto did more for Mitsuki then Eichi ever did.. (I have only seen the anime) Mitsuki kept thinking about the same flashbacks, usually just watching the moon, while Takuto risked everything he had and was just to make her happy (even though he really wanted to be with her)

THIS. >_<

Yes.......I would have LOVED an OVA...

Feb 26, 2012 1:17 AM
Feb 2012
I know it was so beautiful and I LOVED EVERY MOMENT!!!

I find myself thinking sometimes about the conversation she has when Mitsuki(12 years old) brings back Takuto(24 Years old). "This is the man I love and I want to get married." This being met by her grandma with a blank stare and dropped jaw.

I just think it would be hillarious to see that scene.
Mar 2, 2012 10:07 AM

Nov 2008
Gathion3 said:
I know it was so beautiful and I LOVED EVERY MOMENT!!!

I find myself thinking sometimes about the conversation she has when Mitsuki(12 years old) brings back Takuto(24 Years old). "This is the man I love and I want to get married." This being met by her grandma with a blank stare and dropped jaw.

I just think it would be hillarious to see that scene.

*dies* XD

I KNOW RIGHT!!

Actually she is 13 now...but yeah. XD I think they would secretly date for a while before getting married, tbh. Still that scene is hilarious to picture. Obaa-chan might have a heart attack from that. XD

Mar 23, 2012 2:27 PM

Jun 2010
go look at my animelist in my profile, look at how i've rated and commented on this show and u ll know how MUCH i love this show..
May 23, 2012 2:03 PM

Aug 2010
It seems I'm in the minority that didn't like the ending, shame as I really loved the rest of the series.
May 23, 2012 2:39 PM
May 2008
KeiraShikari said:
It seems I'm in the minority that didn't like the ending, shame as I really loved the rest of the series.

I actually didn't like the Anime ending either. :T But since I read the manga and the ending in the Manga was pretty satisfying, I forgave the anime for having a bad ending. I guess they just wanted to do something different.

(I believe the anime ending came before the manga ending)
May 23, 2012 6:20 PM

Nov 2008
Hondai said:
KeiraShikari said:

(I believe the anime ending came before the manga ending)

That is correct. But I thought the anime ending was just amazing-not a bad one at all. Slightly frustrating though yes....

Jun 25, 2012 5:51 AM

Jul 2011
... Of course you need to move forward some day, if your old love is dead.

Even all that time for Eicchi was wasted, because he was dead almost all the time during Mitsuki was remembering him.

Anyway, Mitsuki met many different persons and helped them with their lives.

btw, what Mitsuki said on stage about returning some day... does that mean that she will return to sing when she really is 16-years old?

I'm glad I've watched Full Moon wo Sagashite, I hope I will watch someday anime similar to Full Moon.

5/5

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Jul 8, 2012 11:38 AM

Nov 2008
Gaichi said:

btw, what Mitsuki said on stage about returning some day... does that mean that she will return to sing when she really is 16-years old?

Yes. :'D
now go read the manga too lol

Aug 16, 2012 10:26 PM

Aug 2011
It should be illegal to make anime as touching as this <3

That was so great! I was tearing up for a bit - I seriously thought that this would be one of those shows where they give you hope (as they had been doing for 51 full episodes) and snatching it away! But then, seeing Takuto and Meroko - AHHH!

Though I do feel bad for Meroko, like everyone else is saying. She's the only one who is left alone. But I guess becoming an angel is the best option for her. Since she was a full Shinigami, her options were either ghost or remain a Shinigami - neither of which would've been very good! So an Angel is definitely the best thing for her. Plus, she'll always be watching over them...

Who knows, maybe she'll meet a nice, hot angel ;)
Jan 3, 2013 12:27 AM

Nov 2007
Such a satisfying ending to one of the best shoujo anime of all time. I have seen many shoujo anime but this is right there on top of the list, definitely a contender for best shoujo anime of all time. It was heartwarming, touching, made me cry, made me feel for the characters.

When I look back and think I kept this anime on hold for 8-9 years even though the files were clicks away in my HDD, I kinda regret for keeping it on hold for such a long time.

Coming back to the anime, Mitsuki finally realizing and finding her new love in Takuto has always been coming. She was already thinking about Takuto even before she got to see Eichi but she couldn't really see him as a love interest because she dedicated her love for Eichi. In the end, seeing her finding Takuto and calling out for him as she recovered her voice made a perfect finale. If you look at her life, she lost her parents, was separated from her love and even on her way to leave the world, even so, she was full of life, and decided to live the little time she had to the fullest. The news of Eichi's death was the last thing she needed, in a life that was already sipping away with so much little time she had left. To think that she was living her best to see Eichi, and seeing him leave her behind to the next life was too cruel. Yet, she came back to her ever so cheerful self with the help of Takuto, Meroko and surprisingly, her grandmother. But it would definitely require a very strong character to make a return like that even after all the support from those who cared for her. And eventually she found her desire to live. Mitsuki is one of the strongest female leads I have ever seen in anime. A fitting protagonist of one of the best shoujo anime till date.

As for Takuto, I am really happy that he is given a second chance in life after he showed the courage to accept anything for Mitsuki's sake. He definitely remembered Mitsuki and Meroko once he touched the feather and saw Mitsuki thanking Meroko with all the might of her voice. So damn pleasing. Takuto is shown as a kindhearted male character. But it was more than kindness. He carried the courage to accept his fate by changing Mitsuki's. He always had the right words for Mitsuki whenever she was down. Maybe those were the qualities that got Meroko fall in love with him. Since a few of you brought this up, even though I don't want to get into the debate of age difference, I will tell this. Age is but mere numbers when people are truly in love. The affection they showed for each other goes a long way and I am not one of those who would bring petty things such as age difference to belittle their unconditional love.

Meroko is the very definition of "Love". I was sad to see Meroko becoming an angel to be honest. It seemed as if she was left alone to wander in a world all by her own. But she was already willing to accept Takuto and Mitsuki's relationship and she admitted that those two were the one she loved the most. So seeing her being able to watch over her two most loved ones being an angel was heartwarming, too. I really became fond of her in the initial episodes because of her acting on impulse and unending love for Takuto but eventually fell in love with her when she talked about true love, that love should be gentler, and giving Izumi a much needed lesson. Meroko is an amazing character. A character that started so weak in the anime when it started, ended up becoming my favourite character in the anime. She looked so pretty in her Tenshi-form. I wish they showed her more in that form!

Meroko's words helped Izumi to come out of the sorry of a character and he kind of redeemed himself by covering up for Mitsuki at the concert with his shinigami power and deciding to accept remaining as a shinigami as his punishment for all the wrongs he did.

The anime is one of the few that showed great character development, even for side characters. Madoka, initially portrayed as someone who would rely on harming Full moon anyway possible, came to realize and rediscover herself, even though she was helped by Mitsuki. And in return, she was the one who made Mitsuki's grandmother realize Mitsuki's love for music. That was so much needed. It goes to show that if you have a wonderful heart, full of kindness such as Mitsuki's, good thing will be returned to you from the most unexpected person. Madoka making Fuzuki-san realize Mitsuki's unending love for music was a turning point in the anime.

Mitsuki's grandmother, in clear denial of music, if anything, needed those remarks from Madoka which eventually made her realize that letting Mitsuki love music was for her granddaughter's best. And in the end, she played a very important role, and gave Mitsuki the desire to live.

Wakaouji and Ooshige were two of the most amazing supporting roles in any anime I have seen. Both of them practically played the roles of Mitsuki's parents. They showed her tremendous affection and always gave her their unconditional support. Wakaouji, from a family doctor, was revealed as a friend of Mitsuki's parents, what more, he was a musician himself. It was good to see Wakaouji accepting music in the end and find something he long lost, love for music, by becoming Full moon's producer. I became really fond of Ooshige in particular. While Wakaouji played the role of Mitsuki's guardian with a sense of responsibility being a very close friend of Mitsuki's parents, Ooshige treated Mitsuki dearly from the day they met as her manager. Mitsuki was definitely lucky to have such a wonderful manager. Seeing her cry for Mitsuki so many times, and shouldering all the responsibilities when things turned for the worst made her an unbelievably lovable character. Every time she hugged Mitsuki made me love her more and more. I was hoping that she would end up with Wakaouji. And there were definitely some hints left here and there for us to ponder, and eventually Takasu-san made it a bit too obvious. Ooshige for the first time blushed when she was caught talking over the phone with Wakaouji!

I could write forever for this anime, but I will stop right here. I couldn't but have to give the anime a 10/10 for such a satisfying finale, one of the best I have seen in this industry. I originally bumped my rating from a 9/10 to a 10/10 after Episode 42: Eternal Snow which made me cry like a baby. I couldn't concentrate on my workplace, even my manager asked me why I was looking so down today. I couldn't tell her that I cried for hours the night before (last night).

Even though I have finally completed the anime at the 10th anniversary of the original airing, I am so glad that I did. I am glad that it is my first completed anime in 2013 calender! I started working on a project being a member of Soldado-Anime fansubs recently and I vow to give my all to the anime to make it enjoyable for those who haven't seen this masterpiece yet and of course to make it more enjoyable to those who are willing to re-watch the anime in higher quality. The anime is steadily being worked on and we have released the first 10 episodes in decent quality. The files can be found here!

Screencap in the spoiler!

I am definitely re-watching it once I finish working on this project. Full Moon wo Sagashite will always have a special place in my heart. ♥
shanimebibJan 3, 2013 7:58 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 14, 2013 10:23 PM

Aug 2010
Couldn't ask for a better ending. This is definitely one of my favorite endings. It's rare for an ending to leave me so satisfied. Everything just felt so perfect this episode. Even Izumi had an heroic moment this episode.

New future is definitely my favorite song in this show. I'm glad they played it at the end, it fit so well.

Perfect episode. Overall 8/10, this was a really enjoyable series and is easily one of my favorite shoujos.
Jul 19, 2013 5:32 AM

Jul 2013
Even today, this is still my most favourite anime. I watched it when I was a young boy, and last yearI re-watched it, I forgot how emotional this show was, truly a beautiful show to watch. I cried back when I was a little boy, and I cried again when I re-watched it. The music in this anime is also very beautiful to sing to, Eternal Snow and Myself.
Aug 13, 2013 6:24 PM
Feb 2013
I watched this 2 years ago on youtube, first anime I ever watched, and just remembered about it today. Could not remember the name for the life of me, but that's what google is for :P
Great show, not my favorite but very moving.
Sep 16, 2013 5:47 PM
Sep 2011
Just finished. Thematically rich, a constantly maturing show, rising from a plainly good show to a definite must watch. This show managed to pass so many messages across the viewers with subtlety and great emotional appeal. Live your life to the fullest! That's what Full Moon Wo Sagashite teaches us.....

Today I bid farewell to a great show. Even though I found it to be far from perfect in some categories, it is so rich and uplifting that it certainly can be called.... a masterpiece.

8/10.
AnimeCrusaderSep 17, 2013 2:43 AM
Sep 18, 2013 7:37 AM

Jul 2012
This was great! I love the story and the OST! Love Chronicle is my favourite Fullmoon song, followed closely by Eternal Snow <3

Ah if only there weren't so many boring (even if they were necessary) scenes my score would've been higher.

Still an amazing ride :)
Oct 25, 2013 8:14 PM
May 2013
Let's think about this for a moment. Takuto is back to life and he's how old? Somewhere in his 20s? What is he going to do with a 13 year old girlfriend? Nothing, because he'd be locked up for pedophilia. Mitsuki may look 16 as Fullmoon, but she is still a kid. 13 year olds might be ok with this kind of age gap (and yes they are the target audience), but everyone else knows that it is wrong for an adult to date a child. I enjoyed most of the show, but this twisted "romance" is something I just can't ignore. I think it would have been entirely possible to leave that romance out and have it be just as heartwarming with none of the squick factor. Also with 16 year old Eichi falling in love with a 10 year old, this author clearly has issues and needs to learn the definition of child abuse.
Oct 29, 2013 9:47 PM

Nov 2008
sporkoon said:
Let's think about this for a moment. Takuto is back to life and he's how old? Somewhere in his 20s? What is he going to do with a 13 year old girlfriend? Nothing, because he'd be locked up for pedophilia. Mitsuki may look 16 as Fullmoon, but she is still a kid. 13 year olds might be ok with this kind of age gap (and yes they are the target audience), but everyone else knows that it is wrong for an adult to date a child. I enjoyed most of the show, but this twisted "romance" is something I just can't ignore. I think it would have been entirely possible to leave that romance out and have it be just as heartwarming with none of the squick factor. Also with 16 year old Eichi falling in love with a 10 year old, this author clearly has issues and needs to learn the definition of child abuse.

You clearly need to do your research because both relationships would be perfectly legal in Japan.

There is nothing "twisted" about Takuto and Mitsuki's romance. It's very innocent, unconditional, and pure. You cannot leave the romance out because that was the very thing that saved the three of them at the end. "Love conquers all". And yes, they mean romantic love.
Arina Tanemura does not have issues and does not think of her works as "child abuse". Young girls dating older guys has been a common fantasy for centuries and she produced one series, among thousands, that use this trope. So please open your mind a little.
everyone else knows that it is wrong for an adult to date a child.

I love how people just assume "dating=SEX". Shows how messed up the world is nowadays. There IS such a thing as "platonic dating", you know? Middle school kids do it. Of course Takuto isn't thinking about intimacy at all while Mitsuki is so young. But once she turns 16, he COULD legally marry her, under Japanese marriage laws.
Check them out.
http://japan.usembassy.gov/e/acs/tacs-7114a.html
ChiibiOct 29, 2013 10:03 PM

Nov 5, 2013 5:13 PM
May 2013
Chiibi said:
sporkoon said:

You clearly need to do your research because both relationships would be perfectly legal in Japan.

There is nothing "twisted" about Takuto and Mitsuki's romance. It's very innocent, unconditional, and pure. You cannot leave the romance out because that was the very thing that saved the three of them at the end. "Love conquers all". And yes, they mean romantic love.
Arina Tanemura does not have issues and does not think of her works as "child abuse". Young girls dating older guys has been a common fantasy for centuries and she produced one series, among thousands, that use this trope. So please open your mind a little.
everyone else knows that it is wrong for an adult to date a child.

I love how people just assume "dating=SEX". Shows how messed up the world is nowadays. There IS such a thing as "platonic dating", you know? Middle school kids do it. Of course Takuto isn't thinking about intimacy at all while Mitsuki is so young. But once she turns 16, he COULD legally marry her, under Japanese marriage laws.
Check them out.
http://japan.usembassy.gov/e/acs/tacs-7114a.html

LOL! Platonic dating? You mean.. friendship? The difference between platonic love and romantic love is attraction. I don't know what kind of middle school you went to, but most couples that age do kiss. Imagine a 13 year old and a 24 year old who aren't animated kissing. Gross right? The fact that it's animated doesn't make it any less messed up. Also why is platonic love like friendship or fatherly love (he's only a few years younger than her father btw) or brotherly affection an any less valid reason to save someone? Why does romance have to be the only motivating factor for that? Couldn't he be inspired by this young girl's heart and courage and want to save her for that reason alone? I think that is a much more "pure" and honorable reason than having romantic feelings for a kid. The law you cited is only the minimum age for marriage with parental consent. In Japan the federal age of consent is 13 but prefectural laws override that and raise the age to 17 or 18 in most places. Sometimes anime and manga make it seem like it's a normal thing for young girls to date grown men, but that's fiction and Japanese people overlook those kind of themes in stories BECAUSE it's fiction. (I tend to get more invested in the shows I watch and the things that make me uncomfortable in real life make me uncomfortable in fiction too) There are still laws against adults dating children enforced by the prefectures, and adults who are attracted to children in real life are still ostracized and considered perverts, just like in America and most other civilized countries. Yes the theme of romance between young girls and older men is common in all forms of literature and media, but usually those stories aren't trying to give you warm fuzzy feelings. Stories that explore that theme well usually delve into the psychology of the individuals involved and make it clear that it's a forbidden love, and they generally make the audience uncomfortable. So sorry I'm not going to "open my mind" to pedophilia. Takuto can care for Mitsuki and stay by her side and protect her all he wants, but he should not want to date her until she's actually grown up.
Nov 6, 2013 9:45 AM

Nov 2008
sporkoon said:
LOL! Platonic dating? You mean.. friendship?

No, I mean "dating without sex". You can kiss and still be able to control yourself. Kissing doesn't always lead to sex, you know. Otherwise we'd have a good deal of pregnant 12-year-olds lol Pedophilia is wrong because sex with children is wrong.
..........so what happens when you take the sex part out?

Imagine a 13 year old and a 24 year old who aren't animated kissing.
The fact that it's animated doesn't make it any less messed up.

He doesn't LOOK his age so yes, it's less messed up. Also it's easier to accept this type of relationship in anime/manga because we already KNOW the story and what's going on inside the character's mind. We know Takuto loves Mitsuki for being who she is, not because he's some child molester who goes after kids. We don't know that for a couple under the same circumstances in REAL life. And this WHY fans go "awww" at age gap couples in fiction but "gross" at ones in real life. Have you not noticed that hero characters have morals that are so much higher than real human beings?

It's the same reason why bad boys are appealing to girls in fiction but they stay away from criminals in reality.

he's only a few years younger than her father btw

Uh, no. Takuto met Mitsuki's father when he was the same age as Mitsuki. In other words, he was a child while her father was already an adult. So that would be impossible.

Couldn't he be inspired by this young girl's heart and courage and want to save her for that reason alone? I think that is a much more "pure" and honorable reason than having romantic feelings for a kid.

That would be a lame let down. You see, I was waiting for these two to get together since episode four. I don't give a crap about their age gap. I didn't ten years ago and today I still don't. I find their love beautiful, innocent, untarnished, incapable of being corrupted into something wrong and many fans and the author herself see it the same way I do.

In Japan the federal age of consent is 13

Then stop insisting it's "illegal pedophilia" because in Japan, it's clearly not. This is a culture bridge and when you watch anime, you'll just have to expect them.

Yes the theme of romance between young girls and older men is common in all forms of literature and media, but usually those stories aren't trying to give you warm fuzzy feelings.

So I see you must be new to shoujo? :'D

Takuto can care for Mitsuki and stay by her side and protect her all he wants, but he should not want to date her until she's actually grown up.

Even if dating for them doesn't go any farther than hugging or holding hands until then? You've SEEN his emotional maturity, right? lulz He is a good, selfless soul and he would never do anything to hurt Mitsuki or make her feel uncomfortable.

And if the studio responsible for this children's anime thought it was "wrong", they would not have made the decision to write it the way they did. It would have been pulled or forbidden to air on TV in that time slot. But lol, what the hell do they know? They've only been broadcasting anime for kids for years and years successfully....right?

If that still isn't good enough for you....
In the manga
ChiibiNov 6, 2013 10:21 AM

Nov 21, 2013 12:52 PM

Oct 2007
I guess not many people who view FullMoon and Mitsuki as 2 different characters. I don't know but I always has this feeling about these 2 characters being different.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 25, 2013 1:12 PM

Nov 2008
Siva said:
I guess not many people who view FullMoon and Mitsuki as 2 different characters. I don't know but I always has this feeling about these 2 characters being different.

I kind of feel the same. Mitsuki's more mature in her Full Moon form. Like when she slapped that Murakami guy in the face in episode 15 for using her....yeeeeeeeah, I can't picture little 12-year-old Mitsuki doing that. XD I don't think Full Moon acts 16...but she acts older than a 12-year-old.
ChiibiNov 25, 2013 1:16 PM

Dec 9, 2013 9:23 AM
Mar 2013
Loved this ending, not as good as the manga ending though that's for sure. So Meroko's an angel now, that's amazing.

It would be better I knew what angels do. Maybe they just watch over people?

Anyway, I'm glad Takuto didn't forget about Mitsuki or Meroko, it would've been terribly sad if he did.

How old is Takuto now anyway? In his twenties? Looks like Mitsuki and Takuto will have to hold off their romance for a few years until she gets older.

I wish they made a 2013 OVA, or even better, a movie which goes into the Shinigami world in more detail.

In any case this was a great series. There were times when I was bored during the beginning episodes but these last few have made up for it in spades.

Until next time my friends!
Dec 9, 2013 11:43 AM

Oct 2007
Chiibi said:
I kind of feel the same. Mitsuki's more mature in her Full Moon form. Like when she slapped that Murakami guy in the face in episode 15 for using her....yeeeeeeeah, I can't picture little 12-year-old Mitsuki doing that. XD I don't think Full Moon acts 16...but she acts older than a 12-year-old.
I think Mitsuki can be a brat but when the time called for it she can be really mature. But that was not really my point, what I really mean was that the 2 are 2 separated characters. For Mituski, her main goal was to reach/meet with Eichi while Fullmoon was to sing. It could be the situation that both characters were put in(one couldn't sing while the other had the duty to sing) but when the story played out it just seemed that way. It made me feel they are 2 characters instead of just one. I hope I am not too complicated here LOL.

emeraldrosary said:
Loved this ending, not as good as the manga ending though that's for sure. So Meroko's an angel now, that's amazing.

It would be better I knew what angels do. Maybe they just watch over people?

Anyway, I'm glad Takuto didn't forget about Mitsuki or Meroko, it would've been terribly sad if he did.

How old is Takuto now anyway? In his twenties? Looks like Mitsuki and Takuto will have to hold off their romance for a few years until she gets older.

I wish they made a 2013 OVA, or even better, a movie which goes into the Shinigami world in more detail.

In any case this was a great series. There were times when I was bored during the beginning episodes but these last few have made up for it in spades.

Until next time my friends!
I think the Ending fitted the Anime and I don't think there could be any other better ending with the path that Anime took from the beginning. With that said, I don't prefer this ending. I prefer a Eichi's ending instead,well, it is not like I don't the impossible. It is just that felt the waste of effort that Mitsuki and Fullmoon were put in until that point. Just to be clear, I am not a Eichi fan nor I hate Takuto. And it could be that I just prefer the first guy.

As for the OVA or Movie sequel, IMO, I would rather not see it happened. I think it is better end that way instead of trying to mess around with something that was already great.

Dec 12, 2013 7:24 PM

Nov 2008
Siva said:

Their romance is perfectly legal in Japan.

With that said, I don't prefer this ending. I prefer a Eichi's ending instead,well, it is not like I don't the impossible. It is just that felt the waste of effort that Mitsuki and Fullmoon were put in until that point.

Making it an Eichi ending would ruin the entire story though. It would cancel out all the irony and emotional value. And it wasn't a waste of effort. Sure, Mitsuki's initial goal was to meet Eichi but more than that, she wanted to just sing and touch people with her music, which she did. She learned this in episode 46. It's not all about Eichi. It was about the value of her dreams and her life.

Dec 12, 2013 7:35 PM
Mar 2013
Chiibi said:
Their romance is perfectly legal in Japan.
I was actually referring to Mitsuki's grandma ^_^ I'm literally on the floor trying to imagine Mitsuki bringing Takuto home to see her.

Making it an Eichi ending would ruin the entire story though. It would cancel out all the irony and emotional value. And it wasn't a waste of effort. Sure, Mitsuki's initial goal was to meet Eichi but more than that, she wanted to just sing and touch people with her music, which she did. She learned this in episode 46. It's not all about Eichi. It was about the value of her dreams and her life.
I agree Chiibi. At first Mitsuki's reasons for singing may have been "impure" as Takuto would say, but over time she realized how much she loved singing and how it brought happiness to those around her.

Siva said:
As for the OVA or Movie sequel, IMO, I would rather not see it happened. I think it is better end that way instead of trying to mess around with something that was already great.
We differ on this point. I would love to see Mitsuki and Takuto as grown ups. I think they could make a lot of interesting things happen. Maybe they could have Takuto and Mitsuki perform a duet of Eternal Snow on stage <3
Dec 13, 2013 10:40 AM

Oct 2007
I clearly see the value of having Eichi dying without a word.

All in all, I am not trying to go against anime ending it was just my opinion that I prefer Eichi's ending better. By his ending I don't mean he has to miraculously come back to life. What I disliked in the anime was that from the very beginning they pulled Takuto into their relationship so that when Mitsuki found out about Eichi's death they will use Takuto to save the day and to top that off Eichi got to do nothing at all, really? To me, I just don't see the relationship between Mitsuki and Takuto that much I don't think they really fit together. They were using too much Eichi's name as an excuse to build Mitsuki X Takuto. I just find it is so unfair.

emeraldrosary said:
We differ on this point. I would love to see Mitsuki and Takuto as grown ups. I think they could make a lot of interesting things happen. Maybe they could have Takuto and Mitsuki perform a duet of Eternal Snow on stage <3
And that would have nothing to do with the main story it would be just a fanservice.

Dec 13, 2013 10:45 AM
Mar 2013
It depends on how well the OVA or Movie connects with the TV series. If it connects well then yes it would have everything to do with the main story, but obviously if they just throw Takuto and Mitsuki in a concert and nothing more then it would be more like fanservice.

Personally there's nothing wrong with either but it's pointless to analyze this too deeply because it's probably not going to happen anyway.
Dec 13, 2013 12:23 PM

Nov 2008
What I disliked in the anime was that from the very beginning they pulled Takuto into their relationship

Eichi and Mitsuki's 'relationship'? They barely had one to begin with...how do you pull Takuto into something that's not there? o_o

Siva said:
To me, I just don't see the relationship between Mitsuki and Takuto that much I don't think they really fit together.

Are you kidding me!? Mitsuki and Takuto are freaking soulmates. No two anime characters fit each other more than they do. Singing is their life. They're both passionate and stubborn. They're both willing to sacrifice their lives for each other. They understand each other so well. They support each other no matter what. And don't forget that their love was so strong that it was able to change fate! I don't think they could possibly be better matched for each other.

They were using too much Eichi's name as an excuse to build Mitsuki X Takuto. I just find it is so unfair.

Uh....unfair to who exactly? Eichi fans? Indeed it is unfair to all four of them. :D
The thing is, it's supposed to be like that. Eichi's not really a character like the others. He's more of a plot device. And I don't see what's wrong with this because it's not like the viewers were given time or ways to get attached to him....so yeah, who cares? I don't see why this guy has fans to begin with. He literally has no personality. What are his traits?
Good-looking and nice.
Guess what?
So are the rest of the guys in this show.
What else you got?
Come on, you should realize that the main pairing of the series is MitsukixTakuto and it's always been that way. Eichi's just 'that other guy in the way'. An obstacle course that had to be overcome. If you prefer 'first guys', technically, Takuto was the first guy to have actual romantic interaction with Mitsuki. Eichi and Mitsuki were like brother and sister until he confessed and he left right after he confessed.

I was actually referring to Mitsuki's grandma ^_^ I'm literally on the floor trying to imagine Mitsuki bringing Takuto home to see her.

Ahahaha true. She might have a stroke. XD

We differ on this point. I would love to see Mitsuki and Takuto as grown ups.

Me too! I draw doujinshi and fanart of them a lot. :3
ChiibiDec 13, 2013 12:44 PM

Dec 13, 2013 1:07 PM

Oct 2007
I never said I am against your opinion or how you see it. As I have stated, it was just my personal opinion. Does having a personal opinion is wrong?

As for the plot, it didn't take me long to doubt that Eichi was already gone and Takuto was the real main guy.

Knowing, Understanding and Agreeing are not the same.

Dec 13, 2013 6:19 PM

Nov 2008
Siva said:
I never said I am against your opinion or how you see it. As I have stated, it was just my personal opinion. Does having a personal opinion is wrong?

It's not wrong...but I don't understand why you have a problem with Mitsuki and Takuto's amazing love that knows no boundaries or why you think their relationship is unfair to Eichi because we're not even supposed to care about Eichi. lol

Dec 15, 2013 9:30 AM

Oct 2007
Chiibi said:
Siva said:

It's not wrong...but I don't understand why you have a problem with Mitsuki and Takuto's amazing love that knows no boundaries or why you think their relationship is unfair to Eichi because we're not even supposed to care about Eichi. lol
Well, there was nothing wrong with their relationship itself. It was just that the direction was focused on Takuto while shouting Eichi, Eichi, Eichi... From your perspective you don't care about Eichi as long as you can see Takuto all day but for me I want to see more of Eichi playing out into the story and it is not because I like him but because I want to see that kind of direction. You might be fine with Eichi as a single mind plot device but I thought it was a very cheap way to write a story like that.

As for why I have a problem with Mitsuki X Takuto, I just don't find them fit together, hm... lets just say if I don't like a certain color, does that mean that color is ugly?

Dec 15, 2013 4:25 PM

Nov 2008
I thought it was a very cheap way to write a story like that.

There's nothing cheap about it. There are SO many stories that cannot be told without the death of a character and this is just one of those many. But how would you have liked things to have gone? Some people like bring Eichi back as a shinigami but that wouldn't work because you have to commit suicide to become one.

Siva said:

As for why I have a problem with Mitsuki X Takuto, I just don't find them fit together, hm... lets just say if I don't like a certain color, does that mean that color is ugly?

I'm curious. Why do you think they don't fit together? They could not have more in common with each other. I think Mitsuki and Eichi are the ones who don't fit together as they really had nothing in common.

Oh lol, don’t give me that. Pairings are not anything like colors. Colors are disliked because they are either displeasing to the eye or remind the viewer of something unpleasant. Pairings require actual thinking. They’re not visually subjective.
ChiibiDec 16, 2013 8:22 AM

Dec 16, 2013 12:36 PM

Oct 2007
Chiibi said:
There's nothing cheap about it. There are SO many stories that cannot be told without the death of a character and this is just one of those many. But how would you have liked things to have gone? Some people like bring Eichi back as a shinigami but that wouldn't work because you have to commit suicide to become one.
IMO, Eichi should stay dead and Takuto should stay shinigami(or maybe go to heaven or whatever since he has completed his role as a shinigami). Eichi should play a role to help Mitsuki to get over her sadness. And Mitsuki will live on and finding a new happy life.

Chiibi said:

I'm curious. Why do you think they don't fit together? They could not have more in common with each other. I think Mitsuki and Eichi are the ones who don't fit together as they really had nothing in common.

Oh lol, don’t give me that. Pairings are not anything like colors. Colors are disliked because they are either displeasing to the eye or remind the viewer of something unpleasant. Pairings require actual thinking. They’re not visually subjective.LOL, well, since you really ask for it so I will break it to you. Just to be sure and don't take it as an insult or something a bad way.

First of all, I like all kind of pairings. A pair that fit together. A pair that is an opposite of each other but somehow work very well together. Any combination could work for me if my brain can understand it. Actually, you know what, your color explanation could be very well used as mine. Whether it is thinking or not, I just see them as best friend than any thing else. To see them as a pair, it somehow made me feel wrong... I don't know I really don't know which word should I use to make it so clear to you. Even during the anime, I was having a rather hard time trying to accept them as a pair but I did get over it by trying not care too much. I know it can be hard for you who is one of their fan to hear this but it just could be only me seeing it that way.

Dec 16, 2013 12:55 PM

Nov 2008
Siva said:
Takuto should stay shinigami(or maybe go to heaven or whatever since he has completed his role as a shinigami).

After he gave up absolutely everything for Mitsuki, including his soul? Now that would be unfair.

Eichi should play a role to help Mitsuki to get over her sadness.

How can he do that if he's dead? Plus that would make Mitsuki helping the other characters she meets utterly pointless. Irony plays a big part in Full Moon which is one of the reasons why it's so great. The point of Mitsuki meeting others and helping them improve the way they live was so they could pick her up out of her own depression that came with Eichi's death. If Eichi was the one to help her....that wouldn't make any sense. It would give the first 41 episodes a very empty feeling.

First of all, I like all kind of pairings. A pair that fit together. A pair that is an opposite of each other but somehow work very well together.

That pretty much describes them though. They have common interests but pretty different personalities. Mitsuki is caring and thoughtful. Takuto is insensitive and passionate. Mitsuki is trusting and naive. Takuto is suspicious and wise. She's really honest and straightfoward with her feelings and he isn't at first but being around her helped him get over that. She used to be very timid and afraid to make her voice heard but he helped her get over that. Both of them bring out the best in each other. That's a sign of something that's far more stronger than just a friendship.

A lot of people compare MitsukixTakuto to TooruxKyou from Fruits Basket. And they are pretty similar but I prefer the former a whole lot more.
ChiibiDec 16, 2013 3:46 PM

Dec 17, 2013 10:58 AM

Oct 2007
It won't change your mind if you still jump into your conclusion that Takuto supposed to do everything and Eichi doing nothing from the very beginning. In my scenario, it should happened early in the show and not in the middle or at the end of the show because otherwise it wouldn't make any sense having Eichi's ghost jump out of nowhere half way through the show try to explain everything. Since the beginning, the direction of the anime had already gone off road of my expectation. And thats why I didn't complain anything because I knew that the ending wasn't something I expected to see. After all, I do like what I saw but it was just not something I preferred.

Dec 17, 2013 11:17 AM

Nov 2008
Oh, you mean if Mitsuki had found out about Eichi's death a lot sooner?
That's.............

Hm.............interesting. I never thought about it happening like that.

You should read the manga.
MAJOR
MAJOR
SPOILER

Dec 18, 2013 1:26 PM

Oct 2007
I will try not to read that spoiler. Actually I am interested in reading Manga but I just don't have time for everything I want to do. In the near or far future I will try to read it or at least do a quick marathon on it.

Apr 10, 2014 2:17 PM

Mar 2014
Fuck. I promised I wouldn't cry. I even knew what was gonna happen -_-
May 30, 2014 9:16 AM

Feb 2014
So Many Tears.
Best Ending Ever.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 29 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Dec 7, 2013

4 by Sailor_Pleiadian »»
May 13, 11:44 AM

» Should I read the manga?

El_Jiro - Oct 31, 2023

3 by MewVenus »»
Oct 31, 2023 6:48 PM

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 34 Discussion

shanimebib - Jan 1, 2013

9 by Atsunome »»
Oct 4, 2023 6:11 AM

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 2 Discussion

jacobpaige - Aug 20, 2009

8 by Atsunome »»
Sep 21, 2023 8:37 AM

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 27 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Dec 7, 2013

8 by ims-tokyo »»
Jul 29, 2023 1:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.