Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 12, 2013 10:03 AM

Sep 2010
So far, so good! I really enjoyed it!

Can't wait for cat-character as he looked very interesting. He was shown at the end of episode one so I though he will apear in episode two. He did not. Still, I can't really complain about that. That is because this episode showed that this serie will be what I wanted from game-setting story.

I must say that saturday's series of this season are really great.
Oct 12, 2013 10:15 AM

Dec 2011
This is turning to more of a show that I really like, displaying how an MMORPG should be adapted in an anime. Showing those PK make me wanna play my RPG game again.

Finally started on a story arc. Can't wait to see what they see on their adventures.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2013 10:26 AM

Jul 2013
I'm still interested in the series but as of right now I'm still trying to figure out the true "purpose" of the game since they are all trapped there. There are no repercussions from dying like in SAO so in that case, I'm trying to figure out if there any real "negatives" to the game. It doesn't feel as scary as I think it should be.

Granted, I'm trying NOT to compare to SAO but its hard to since the setup to both shows is very similar. I'm sure the intention of trapping the players in that world and the whole purpose of it will be revealed in time but as of right now the world there doesn't feel that scary despite the fact that they are trapped there.

Anyone understand I'm trying to say? Still like the show but still have some confusions about it and wish it were in some ways a bit scarier than what it shows right now.
Work in progress...
Oct 12, 2013 10:30 AM
Feb 2012
Sorry, Kirito and co, but this show is so much more fun to watch. Sadly the sales won't reflect that, I'm afraid.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Oct 12, 2013 10:36 AM

Jul 2013
GuiltyKing said:
Sorry, Kirito and co, but this show is so much more fun to watch. Sadly the sales won't reflect that, I'm afraid.

I still like the show but have my own issues with it. If its a good show it will sell. If its not, well it won't. That'll take care of itself.
Work in progress...
Oct 12, 2013 10:41 AM

Nov 2012
great episode i love the fight with the pkers

im loving this show even more and more ^^

and nice mmo music
Oct 12, 2013 10:43 AM

Jul 2013
On another side note, I still absolutely LOVE the song from the OP.
Work in progress...
Oct 12, 2013 10:43 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Stark700 said:
For some reason, I'm really liking the OST of this show.

Takanashi Yasuharu, of course the OST is more than likable :D
exLightning said:
Amarrez said:
Someone translated all the subclasses.

http://i.imgur.com/uTIg4N2.jpg

Dairy Farmer? BEST SUB CLASS EVER!! , I bet some players are like "*facepalm* What the hell was I thinking when I decided to be a Butler as a sub class" xD Also what would the cleaners subclass include? xD

LOL definitely. Maybe they're not interested in fighting all day....so they want to farm or do some gardening ._.

Another good episode, I love the worldbuilding and the atmopshere. Their teamwork is great, it was fun to watch how they beat the PKers (so dumb how they underestimated their opponents).
Oct 12, 2013 10:46 AM

Apr 2009
Twilight_Fade said:
If its a good show it will sell. If its not, well it won't.

How naive you are.
Oct 12, 2013 10:49 AM

Nov 2011
GuiltyKing said:

Its not aimed at the BD buying audience, so sales won't matter.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Oct 12, 2013 10:52 AM

Jul 2013
Amarrez said:
Twilight_Fade said:
If its a good show it will sell. If its not, well it won't.

How naive you are.

Well I can say there have been plenty of anime I have liked myself that haven't sold well themselves. A lot of that just depends on the appeal of the show to the viewers like ourselves. Still its rather simple, if its a show that most people like there will be sales. If most people don't like it then it won't sell.

I try not to always just look at how its being received here on MAL because it doesn't always reflect on how the show is being received in Japan which is what matters the most to the writers and producers of the show.
Work in progress...
Oct 12, 2013 10:53 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Really nice OST there. Pretty epic fantasy RPG theme.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 12, 2013 10:53 AM

Oct 2012
Yay, so Log Horizon is going for the daily life of online players, especially the caped level ones. Even if you play MMO games before, you get a refreshing view on the Anime as it incorporate itself into real life.

I never play MMO games before, at least never past level 26, so it was interesting to see how dedicated players live or behave in the game. I get to know the problem of being one of the best player in the MMO world, Like having pretty much nothing to do and their interaction with other people.

So, yeah, the anime is going for a slice of life in MMORPG. Wonder if the sub-classes be explain in detail, like if the subclass need to be leveled up as well, and can you pick any amount of sub-classes ? '

btw, are griffons only summon-able in certain area, or they just don't want to show off to other players?
needalistOct 12, 2013 10:58 AM
Oct 12, 2013 11:01 AM

Jul 2013
Needalist said:
Yay, so Log Horizon is going for the daily life of online players, especially the caped level ones. Even if you play MMO games before, you get a refreshing view on the Anime as it incorporate itself into real life.

I never play MMO games before, at least never past level 26, so it was interesting to see how dedicated players live or behave in the game. I get to know the problem of being one of the best player in the MMO world, Like having pretty much nothing to do and their interaction with other people.

So, yeah, the anime is going for a slice of life in MMORPG.

btw, are griffons only summon-able in certain area, or they just don't want to show off to other players?

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said that they are going for the "slice of life" of an MMORPG. I wouldn't mine watching a show like that myself as it still intrigues me anyways but maybe not to the same level as SAO did (more so of the light novel than the anime).

Still it'll be interesting to watch!
Work in progress...
Oct 12, 2013 11:02 AM

Jul 2013
I think this is waaaay better than SAO. This one really focuses on the MMORPG side like PVP and skills. For once we also have a protagonist who's not a coward and is actually a brilliant strategist. SAO creators take notice!!
Oct 12, 2013 11:03 AM
Apr 2012
@Twilight_Fade
Not dark&edgy enough for you?
Oct 12, 2013 11:07 AM

May 2013
oh my god, this show is so time wasting!!!!!!!!!

will give it another apisode 2/5
Oct 12, 2013 11:07 AM

Jul 2013
chaos86 said:
I think this is waaaay better than SAO. This one really focuses on the MMORPG side like PVP and skills. For once we also have a protagonist who's not a coward and is actually a brilliant strategist. SAO creators take notice!!

SAO didn't focus on skills? Quite the opposite. If you are talking solely about SAO anime and the lack of PvP then you'd be right but the overall series from the light novels is extremely good as there is plenty of PvP action pas the initial Aincrad arc. SAO creators don't need to take notice as they created quite a good story for themselves.
Work in progress...
Oct 12, 2013 11:09 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Needalist said:

They don't want to show off to other players because it's an unique ability and it will reveal their true identities too easily (they are very famous veteran players that was there since the beginning of the game)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 12, 2013 11:13 AM

Jul 2013
squidsquid said:
@Twilight_Fade
Not dark&edgy enough for you?

Its fine. I prefer that type of anime as it appeals to me most but that doesn't mean I still don't like it as I still think there is plenty of potential in the show. Sometimes a change of pace is good for a lot of things. I like MMORPG type animes as it is because I'm an avid player myself.i

Still plan on watching Log Horizon all the way through as I am enjoying it! I have my criticisms of it like others but still have enjoyed it thus far.
Work in progress...
Oct 12, 2013 11:24 AM

Nov 2011
That was a good episode to follow up with, it's great to see that they're really sticking with the whole MMORPG feel and went into a TON MORE DEPTH.
Sub-classes, PK, Main combat-roles, mounts, raids, more skills, etc. I'm really digging it so far and it's pretty cool that they have those rare mounts as in a lot of MMORPGs they do the same exact thing.(Where rare mounts are dropped for the first to do the raid)

Digging the characters still too, so kudos for a great start.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Oct 12, 2013 11:32 AM

Jul 2013
Twilight_Fade said:
chaos86 said:

SAO didn't focus on skills? Quite the opposite. If you are talking solely about SAO anime and the lack of PvP then you'd be right but the overall series from the light novels is extremely good as there is plenty of PvP action pas the initial Aincrad arc. SAO creators don't need to take notice as they created quite a good story for themselves.

They only covered a little bit and it's mostly on Kirito (like his special skill that no one else has). Most of SAO's fights were just slashing here and there. Skills variety wasn't as exposed as here but I guess it makes sense since Shiroe is a strategist so we're bound to get plenty of explanations.

I also think people need to differentiate LN and anime, just because the LN is good doesn't mean the anime is. It will depend on how they adapt and what they chose to adapt. Aincrad arc can only be judged later on, there's no point saying oh later it's gonna have this and that because the SAO season 2's not even here yet. What I'm comparing was SAO and LH anime, not LH anime with SAO LN.
Oct 12, 2013 11:32 AM

Jun 2013
This is getting interesting! I so called that healer was either killed my assassin or sleeped when they were fighting the PKs :)

Really enjoying how they show that teamwork is important in an MMO.
Oct 12, 2013 11:35 AM

Nov 2007
I am so enjoying this anime right now! The three main characters are all really likable and it is already showing how much bond they have formed within their party!

Loving it and really glad that it is a two cour show!

5/5 for this one! The ending was wonderful. Only imagine the anime had as nice visuals as other anime out there! This could have probably been the season's best. Well, it's not like that I don't like the visuals but that is the only aspect of the anime that is lacking in the anime. Everything else is pretty darn good!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 12, 2013 11:37 AM

Jan 2010
Enjoyed 2nd episode more than the first one. Interesting skills, and yeah, gryphons!
Oct 12, 2013 11:42 AM

Jul 2013
chaos86 said:
Twilight_Fade said:
chaos86 said:

They only covered a little bit and it's mostly on Kirito (like his special skill that no one else has). Most of SAO's fights were just slashing here and there. Skills variety wasn't as exposed as here but I guess it makes sense since Shiroe is a strategist so we're bound to get plenty of explanations.

I also think people need to differentiate LN and anime, just because the LN is good doesn't mean the anime is. It will depend on how they adapt and what they chose to adapt. Aincrad arc can only be judged later on, there's no point saying oh later it's gonna have this and that because the SAO season 2's not even here yet. What I'm comparing was SAO and LH anime, not LH anime with SAO LN.

I completely agree that comparisons need to be separate from light novels vs. anime as often enough the light novel is great where as the anime isn't as good due to the makers having to cut out or condense a lot information in a set # of episodes. That was probably my biggest complaint with SAO anime as I felt there was stuff they cut out that I thought left some plot holes that could be exposed later down the line.

As for Log Horizon, I wish there was an english version of the novel for it as I wish I could read it and also watch the anime to see how it compares but alas I can't do that. Guess I should start brushing up on my japanese :D?

But back on point, I was just making sure you were talking about the anime itself and not referring to the SAO creators themselves as I'm sure if they were given control of the anime, they would have done things a bit different than how it turned out.

Either way, Log Horizon is off to a good start.
Work in progress...
Oct 12, 2013 11:44 AM

Dec 2011
Wow that was a cool battle. Shiroe really knows his stuff

Oct 12, 2013 11:44 AM

Apr 2013
I think its definitely better that they can't actually die when they lose all their health. It gives more freedom to what can be done in this series. Even just looking at this episode, with the stress on player killing, something that became way over dramatized in SAO, can be seen more casually here. The psychology of a PKer thinking, "Aight i'll just kill these people, take their shit, but its not like they'll actually die? I don't have to feel any Real guilt". It means there can be larger scale PVP fights, without worrying about crap like actually dying, a fight between guilds would be interesting, and seems very possible.

Still enjoying the series so far. I like that they're introducing more of the game mechanics.
"There are no wrong turnings. Only paths we had not known we were meant to walk." - Tigana

"The genius of Guilty Crown is that they made a show so stupid and illogical that it's almost impossible to criticize properly. I don't even know where to start."
- Sleeplesstown
Oct 12, 2013 11:59 AM

Mar 2012
This episode was even better than the last one i liked how they went to a lot of detail on the mmoprgs game mechanic like class and sub classes as well why kid of skills are they have attack types and effects that they have

This series has so far been doing well i like how they really focus on strategy and teamwork, the action is good and the in-depth knowledge they bring around the PK which is really how it works in real life as welll and they mix in a bit of comedy but without exaggerating upon it to much and i can spot a little romance starting to form but it isn't the main focus at least for now so its good

ok sure the story may have not have an over all plot yet but im sure it will turn up soon i mean this episode has already explained some of the elements such as Pk killings, skill explanation and some game mechanics u cant really expect them to explain all the answers in one episode so im sure the other stuff people have been asking will be explained further down the road

Over all 4/5 if it wasn't for the animation quality this would be a full 5/5 i really hope it improves upon but i can deal with as it is
Oct 12, 2013 12:04 PM
Feb 2012
SalaZin said:
I think its definitely better that they can't actually die when they lose all their health. It gives more freedom to what can be done in this series. Even just looking at this episode, with the stress on player killing, something that became way over dramatized in SAO, can be seen more casually here. The psychology of a PKer thinking, "Aight i'll just kill these people, take their shit, but its not like they'll actually die? I don't have to feel any Real guilt". It means there can be larger scale PVP fights, without worrying about crap like actually dying, a fight between guilds would be interesting, and seems very possible.

Still enjoying the series so far. I like that they're introducing more of the game mechanics.

I'd imagine something is going to happen after this introduction episodes that will shake things up and give a goal for them to work towards. But then again I know nothing about the Log Horizon light novel that came out even before SAO.
LeviathonlxOct 12, 2013 12:08 PM
Oct 12, 2013 12:12 PM

Oct 2012
A nice episode. Story is progressing well in my opinion. When they used those flutes and looked at the sky i thought they'd ride dragons or wyverns.

Btw which spelling is correct? gryphons or griffons? I've seen both ways used and am kinda confused.

Aug 2013
I really like how Shiroe is a support character and he said so himself that he's pretty much helpless when fighting solo. It's a welcome change from all those typical sword-wielding main characters who always has to be the most powerful in the group.

I also like how they try to explain game stuff like guilds, classes/sub-classes, PKing and the use of mini-maps. It might seem like a waste of time explaining something as basic but hey, you have to establish the game world.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Mar 2012
This is great. The teamwork, strategy and Akatsuki really winning me over this series. I'm not wrong putting this at one of my top priority this fall.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 12, 2013 12:15 PM

Jul 2010
The MC is such a good MC.
Akatsuki is not irritating, like someone else *Asuna cough cough
So for me is a plus.
Also, I really like how the MC relies on his buddy-tank.

I'm expecting to see someone of the ex party of Shirou in the next episodes.
Oct 12, 2013 12:19 PM

Apr 2013
Akanezora said:
The MC is such a good MC.
Akatsuki is not irritating, like someone else *Asuna cough cough
So for me is a plus.
Also, I really like how the MC relies on his buddy-tank.

I'm expecting to see someone of the ex party of Shirou in the next episodes.

Maybe the cat player will be introduced? Seems like he was in the Debauchery Tea group as well.
"There are no wrong turnings. Only paths we had not known we were meant to walk." - Tigana

"The genius of Guilty Crown is that they made a show so stupid and illogical that it's almost impossible to criticize properly. I don't even know where to start."
- Sleeplesstown
Oct 12, 2013 12:29 PM

Oct 2012
Ajunky said:
Yep, I like where this is going.

I'm not worrying about the plot, it's "lack" has been highlighted so much that it's pretty obvious there is something more going on.

BTW, Shiroe being an enchanter fits well with him being a "strategist", that one and illusionist are usually the ones with better tactical repertoires.

yhunata said:
Amarrez said:
Someone translated all the subclasses.

http://i.imgur.com/uTIg4N2.jpg
"Rose Garden Princess"? What the hell kind of subclass is that supposed to be?
Maybe she (or he???) can summon servants?

Dunno, but it's gotta be better than cooking master.

I mean, what's the point if all tastes the same? XD

Ok, ok, I know, from an MMORPG point of view they probably make food with healing/stat improving/magic status stuff. But I still think it's funny.

Butler/maid/cleaner on the other hand... well... like someone else suggested, those stuck with these classes would probably be smacking their heads. XD

They might not be if the butler and maid subclass can make the food taste good or actually having favors. Not sure what the cleaner can do though.
Oct 12, 2013 12:29 PM

Mar 2011
I quite like this, but I can see myself getting bored if they don't bring in a plot soon. Why are they trapped? What's their purpose / goal?
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Oct 12, 2013 12:40 PM

Jul 2010
Another boring episode with a very thin plot line.
I really hope this gets better, otherwise I'm going to have to drop it.
Oct 12, 2013 12:41 PM

Aug 2012
awesome episode, awesome MC (smart, cool and calm strategist, he's the Zhuge Liang of Elder Tale lol), adorable (and of course awesome) Assassin/Ninja, Hilarious and powerful Guardian = win.

Judging from their reactions (and the ED), i guess Shiroe and Akatsuki's relationship will get some romance developments.. maybe?

btw, did i mention that Akatsuki is so fukin' adorable? I hope GSC or any other companies would release a nendoroid, figma or scale PVC figure of her character in the future. I would totally buy it.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Oct 12, 2013 1:00 PM

Aug 2010
I don't get why people complain about the "missing plot". Did they not watch the episode? I clearly see a plotline there. People getting restless, a freshling from that one guild is in a less save environment and they are gonne get her home. This not only allows them to white night it a bit but also gives them something to do. There, wasn't that difficult, was it?

Also, why are they trapped? They don't know, and neither do we.
What's the goal? Well, this is an MMORPG, so the goal is whatever you want it to be. Though I expect them to check out the new parts of the expansion sooner or later.

Also, did you see Akatsuki blushing when she was fawned over when they were at the guild hall again. A-fucking-dorable
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Oct 12, 2013 1:00 PM

Mar 2013
Great episode, I like how the plot of the story is going and the idea of the story.
Oct 12, 2013 1:10 PM

Oct 2012
I'm enjoying this series quite a bit. Shiroe is a pretty interesting MC and I'm really liking the Main Cast, so far.
Oct 12, 2013 1:12 PM

Jun 2013
This episode was like watching a tutorial of Elder Tale! Informative and interesting!! This is how SAO should have been...
Oct 12, 2013 1:25 PM

Jan 2012
So far this anime has true MMORPG anime, in which there is strategy and thinking. No flashy skills for the main player. Plus, there is a better understanding of the game world (for people who haven't played an MMORPG)...

Still can't get enough of the opening theme...REALLY AWESOME!
Oct 12, 2013 1:26 PM

Jan 2011
"I'm willing to give them the money.."
booooo
"..That is, if they can beat us."
OH SNAP Shirou confirmed for badass.
[center]
Oct 12, 2013 1:27 PM

Oct 2011
Amazing!!!! Dat tutorial of the class/sub class system. Shiroe, Nobu, and Akatsuki's skills and teamwork were epic. Akatsuki is so cute!!! Dat horse and Gryphon summoning. I wonder if the cat player is the healer??
Oct 12, 2013 1:40 PM
Jan 2013
Twilight_Fade said:
I'm still interested in the series but as of right now I'm still trying to figure out the true "purpose" of the game since they are all trapped there. There are no repercussions from dying like in SAO so in that case, I'm trying to figure out if there any real "negatives" to the game. It doesn't feel as scary as I think it should be.

Granted, I'm trying NOT to compare to SAO but its hard to since the setup to both shows is very similar. I'm sure the intention of trapping the players in that world and the whole purpose of it will be revealed in time but as of right now the world there doesn't feel that scary despite the fact that they are trapped there.

Anyone understand I'm trying to say? Still like the show but still have some confusions about it and wish it were in some ways a bit scarier than what it shows right now.

I think I understood you. The series is aired during family hour and it's intended for family audience including kids. Thus it's bland better or worse. A good thing is the show unlikely fails coz probably it won't go too dark, deep or twisted in light of their target audience. (If the show goes too dark, deep or twisted, kids will be confused and distracted.) That is, the show likely follows a safe path without embarking on a venture.

GuiltyKing said:

I don't think they care about sales coz it's a NHK anime. They don't even advertise discs. All the production cost is covered by subscription revenue. This is why they can produce anime good yet unappealing to potential disc buyers. Accordingly they don't have to rely on fan-service, ecchi, gore and violence when making anime.
Oct 12, 2013 1:46 PM

Nov 2012
phoenixdragon said:
Twilight_Fade said:

I think I understood you. The series is aired during family hour and it's intended for family audience including kids. Thus it's bland better or worse. A good thing is the show unlikely fails coz probably it won't go too dark, deep or twisted in light of their target audience. (If the show goes too dark, deep or twisted, kids will be confused and distracted.) That is, the show likely follows a safe path without embarking on a venture.

GuiltyKing said:

I don't think they care about sales coz it's a NHK anime. They don't even advertise discs. All the production cost is covered by subscription revenue. This is why they can produce anime good yet unappealing to potential disc buyers. Accordingly they don't have to rely on fan-service, ecchi, gore and violence when making anime.

oh nice didnt know that
Oct 12, 2013 1:53 PM

Dec 2012
I nerded out so hard when they were describing all the attacks during the PK battle. Love this!
Oct 12, 2013 2:03 PM

Jul 2012
I love the OST in this show. Also, I'm quite curious on why they're trapped in a game where players DON'T die irl when they're killed. What's the purpose of forcing them to live in this world? Hmm. I actually like the fact that there's still a whole mystery up ahead.

ManzoHiroshi said:
So far this anime has true MMORPG anime, in which there is strategy and thinking. No flashy skills for the main player. Plus, there is a better understanding of the game world (for people who haven't played an MMORPG)...

Agreed.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

404 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 10, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2013

270 by LucasDoragon »»
Apr 27, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.