Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Accel World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 21, 2012 12:00 AM

Aug 2009
If you guys weren't paying attention the explanation for why Kuro chose Haru, even though hes a fat loser is because only a certain amount of people have some link thing installed in their brain that allows them to play Burst Linker and Haru happens to be one of these people. Also probably because he looked easy to manipulate.

I think its a pretty decent explanation for why the MC is important lol... the spoiler makes a lot of sense too, I feel bad for him though. I know what its like to like to like a girl that one of your friends is going out with...

Sex while connected must be frikin insane.

btw @Rodac is your avvy the totally disgusting dude from Green Green? idk if I should give you a high five or throw up lol

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Apr 21, 2012 12:44 AM

May 2010
Elite60 said:
Wonder how much money is saved not having to animate moving mouths

This appeared whole time on my mind when watching this episode lol.
Apr 21, 2012 12:53 AM

May 2011
I am enjoying this more and more every single episode. :O At Kuroyukihime's revelation of who she really is and no wonder she seem to know so much about this program. She just gets better and better, I liked her a lot already but now that I find out shes a complete bad ass too, damn I am loving her.

Was really nice to see Haru and Chiyu just express everything out like that. I am very interested to find out what happened two years ago. Can't see Chiyu being a bad person over here, wonder what that backdoor is all about. Taku is giving off a bad vibe to me.
Apr 21, 2012 1:06 AM
Jun 2008
McCly said:
Elite60 said:
Wonder how much money is saved not having to animate moving mouths

This appeared whole time on my mind when watching this episode lol.
They make out that part by filling more facial expression and its facial movement =P
Maddo_scientisto said:

-Spoiler about new stuff from next ep-

MorningGloryApr 21, 2012 1:20 AM
Apr 21, 2012 1:19 AM

Feb 2009
Maddo_scientisto said:
rodac said:
Tsiih said:
I'm a little confused... Can someone explain what it means to "accelerate" in this anime? I thought I understood from the first episode but sometimes they use the term so often that I doubt my understanding. @_@;

From what I gather, it speeds up your neural processing speed by a factor of 1000--very useful to get ahead in the real world (think of the advantages you might have in a sport contest
against people who did not have the burst link program installed. It also allows you to carry out combat in the accel world without stopping dead in the real world. Think of what level you would be in WoW if a five minute real time gaming session was the equivalent of 80+ game hours. The significant advantages that burst linkers enjoy means they want to keep doing it and the mechanics of the program tend to force them into game combat in order to maintain their link.

Not exactly.
When you accelerate, your brain process things 1000 faster. The accel world is a copy of the real world so one can not simply enter brain burst and affect reality while he is in, he will have to get out to do so.
Basically in a sport like, let's say kendo, one would start the brain burst program just before the opponent is starting a strike and would then analyze the situation, stop the brain burst program and then act according to the plan he made while using it.
Brain burst allow you to think and analyze for much longer than you should have, but you still have to do whatever you want in reality. Someone could not play on a computer and rank up in an online game because they couldn't move the mouse or anything for that matter while being in brain burst with the exception of ...

-Spoiler about new stuff from next ep-
Let me correct something in the spoiler.

Everything else is correct.
Apr 21, 2012 1:42 AM

Jan 2010
bottosai-01 said:
If you guys weren't paying attention the explanation for why Kuro chose Haru, even though hes a fat loser is because only a certain amount of people have some link thing installed in their brain that allows them to play Burst Linker and Haru happens to be one of these people.

The requirement is to have a neuro-linker installed at birth. Since neuro-linkers were developed 15 years before the events of the series, the maximum age of any given Burst Linker is 15. Kuroyuki-hime goes to a school where just about everyone fills this requirement.

It's clearly not just that he's eligible for BB- there's another reason.
Apr 21, 2012 2:05 AM

Jan 2011
dat bed scene was insane lol still felt weird since they were DLing so they weren't moving their lips!.

i would not wanna know the hours all those level 9s put in into reaching that level..
Apr 21, 2012 3:06 AM

Sep 2010
This is becoming a bit too cliche......

It's good to know that snow black princess is not a saint.

3.5/5

MissileSoup said:
They're on the bed, and he found her back door...what? That entire scene was ridiculous.

LoL
Apr 21, 2012 3:08 AM

Nov 2011
Great episode
Though it's kind of obvious who put the back door in there
Apr 21, 2012 3:21 AM

May 2010
The ending song is so nice.Fell in love with it already.
Apr 21, 2012 3:59 AM

Jun 2010
I feel out of place because all of you is reading the manga.. I'll read it too later :<
Apr 21, 2012 4:15 AM

Jan 2011
Nice episode, a lot of explanation.
He discovered a backdoor, now I want to know more about that.
Looking forward to next week's episode.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 21, 2012 4:31 AM

Mar 2008
Okayyy so Chiyuri is using Haru for her emotional greedyness jerking him around as a third wheel stuck in friend zone and Kuroyukihime is using Haru for her own philosophical desires for value and meaning

Damn he gets used a lot.
Apr 21, 2012 5:11 AM

May 2011
It's quite annoying that they aren't talking like normal people.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Apr 21, 2012 5:26 AM

Feb 2012
Elite60 said:
Wonder how much money is saved not having to animate moving mouths, lol.

Probably A LOT. xD I am guessing a lot because they are not doing it very often :3
basabeoApr 21, 2012 5:30 AM
Apr 21, 2012 5:35 AM

Apr 2008
GAAAAAAAH SO HYPED - So much has happened in just 3 eps !!!
Apr 21, 2012 5:40 AM

May 2010
Really Great episode, really informative background info on Kuroyukihime and the plot and was hoping Chiyuri wasnt really the hacker cant wait to see where this goes

8/10
Apr 21, 2012 5:57 AM

Aug 2010
Still pretty boring.
Apr 21, 2012 6:00 AM
Mar 2012
Alright so now that all the stuff about the burst program is taken care of can we move on to the actual story? Geez this anime is so slow to get started.
Apr 21, 2012 6:38 AM

Aug 2009
Good episode! Story was great and the explanation of the whole point of the show at the beginning was long but at least thats over with.

But again, I don't mind the protagonist being chubby but they could've made him look more cooler, but then it wouldn't fit to his 'inferior' feeling then right.

Damn, this show is cool either way ^^
Apr 21, 2012 6:39 AM

Feb 2010
So I beheaded RED..
Apr 21, 2012 7:02 AM

Oct 2009
Censorship detected.
Series On Hold until discs are out.
Apr 21, 2012 7:29 AM

Jun 2009
Things gotten a lil interesting...

I'm quite impress with Haruyuki, that guy may be round, short, low self-esteem, emo, cowardice, fugly, bad breath, a waste of space, reincarnation of Godzilla's dung etc etc... He's not stupid at least.

Hopefully the show will pick up and live up to it's animation quality.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2012 7:34 AM

Nov 2010
Back door hmm, time for the dirrrrty jokes xD
Apr 21, 2012 7:38 AM

Oct 2009
Holy shit.

Chiyu would have been fine with Haru too! Oh wow. Chiyu and Taku are most likely Burstlinkers, but that's not too big of a surprise.

Dat cable scene, holy shit. Why does she even have such a short cable? That's like a sex toy in that world, since cable length = intimacy. What does she do with that cable?

Kuroyukihime-hime damn, I knew she was strong but not the highest level (only level 9 with 1/5 progress to level 10).

THAT FUCKING CABLE SEEN CHIYU OMFG.

It's okay, I never expect the childhood friend to /win/ anyways. And Kuroyukihime is more than good enough.

Possibly, Chiyu isn't that /hacker/ but somebody else using Chiyu (hence the backdoor).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2012 8:00 AM

Jan 2008
For a second, I thought Haru was gonna insert that cable else where...
Apr 21, 2012 8:01 AM

May 2011
Wow, that was a very impressive moment, I am starting to get more into this series now. :D
Apr 21, 2012 8:09 AM

Apr 2010
I think it's quite obvious who's behind the backdoor, and who Cyan Pile is.
Apr 21, 2012 8:14 AM

Dec 2011
I forgot about this show after a few weeks since the preair.

I still can't understand how an annoying fat kid has a harem.
Apr 21, 2012 8:16 AM

Jan 2008
Solkiskey said:
I think it's quite obvious who's behind the backdoor, and who Cyan Pile is.

Especially when MAL has it listed in their nicknames.

I'd recommend you guys not to go through the characters on the anime detail page unless you don't mind spoilers, though as stated, quite obvious.
Apr 21, 2012 8:25 AM
Jan 2011
I'
Yumekichi11 said:
Blackbird said:
Geh it's not that hard to figure out that yourself who put the backdoor, the only way you can do that is have is direct connecting, in this series is direct connecting like lovers or closest friends (trusted).
YOU GOT IT! Some people might not. We all have different levels of comprehension.
Zhou said:
Is this based on the light novels or the manga, are there even differences between them?
Anyway, the pacing of this is great, serious shit next episode and an awesome fight is awaiting us in episode 5 (and 6?).
There very little differences and so far the anime adds scenes the manga did not have to make things more clear and better.

This arc will be start of a very long Arc of EPIC proportions of Love, Fights and Friendship at risk with the trio involved with Hime. You all in for some amazing shit to say the least.
Zhou said:
I don't remember Chiyu's and Haru's scene in the manga like that but seriously, how could she not notice that Haru was looking for something while they were talking and not ask him.
They made Chiyu's expressions smexier almost to the point she is like saying "It's OK Haruyuki I give you my virginity" kind of like that. The rape stuff is only towards her expression, I don't imply the act. As a matter of fact I think I have seen those faces in hentai so no surprise at that one. Still Chiyu was MOE more than in heat TBH at that part. Just 2chan's IMOs are vexed too much in a perverted manner.
Totentanz said:
One has to wonder why Kuroyukihime was so obsessed to reach level 10. Perhaps a severe case of escapism and trying to strengthen her self-esteem by compensating losses in real life with success in a digital network? Her mentioning the ugly form of her avatar last episode seems to hint at some personal issues at least.
It will be revealed but it's not the reason like you mention. It's far more than that but TBH I find it stupid but at the same interesting to know the end result.

I'm begining to think that Kuroyukihime is the antagonist of this anime.
Apr 21, 2012 8:34 AM

Jun 2009
Seeing how Taku acted when talking with Haru earlier, and assuming the backdoor can only be placed by cabling, i call Taku the Cyan Pile.
Well, this was pretty interesting despite turning out predictable, actually looking forward to next week.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 21, 2012 9:11 AM

Jun 2009
This is actually pretty good especially the setting. The only thing holding this back in a lot of people's mind is Haruyuki's character design.

He might have a shitty personality now but hey, what is character development is for?
Apr 21, 2012 10:12 AM

Jun 2008
Backdoor? Well the i guess is obvious who it is. His good looking supposed friend. He was using the chick as a medium for his attacks it seems.
Btw i really can't take it seriously when a girl shows that she has a thing for the main like Chiyu in this episode. Not because he ain't perfect looking but because he doesn't even look to be from the same universe. His a little round thing, is like he popped out of a different anime with a different art-style.

Also did that girl seriously not notice him moving his hand in-frond of her while he was searching?

So does our girl still has her level 9 powers? Why doesn't she pick the other level 9 guys one by one if she does?
Apr 21, 2012 10:13 AM

Jul 2010
I'm glad we found out about Kuroyukihime's motives. Now we know why they're doing this in the first place.

Very nice scene with Chiyu too, but considering the back-door she may be Cyan Pile after all. Now I really wonder what her motives are. Maybe she saw Haruyuki's potential as a burst linker as well. Maybe she doesn't like him after all? We'll see.

Apr 21, 2012 10:16 AM

Jul 2010
Ehh. The show still isn't sticking to me. I find it kind of boring and badly-paced.

The end was interesting though. I don't like all the ecchi. I wanna be like. Did she really have to have a frikin 2-inch cord?!????!!? XD

I also don't like how Haru treats his friend. It almost seems like they're not really true friends because of all the awkwardness he was feeling.

Oh, so when the episode ended and I heard him scream "Backdoor!", I was looking a way, so I thought he said "BAKUDAN!" (which I think means bomb). So I was like OMG. Rewind, that would be weird. And then he's like "BACKDOOR!". I was like -.- okay. Well, at least now I learned after looking it up that it's like a secret computer hacking type program thingy XD.
Apr 21, 2012 10:19 AM

Feb 2009
Monad said:

Also did that girl seriously not notice him moving his hand in-frond of her while he was searching?

So does our girl still has her level 9 powers? Why doesn't she pick the other level 9 guys one by one if she does?
Actually, he was suppose to begin searching when he was hugged. That really was weird when he was moving his fingers when they were talking.

And yes she still has it. Though attacking the other Kings? That amounts to suicide you know. She's the most wanted person in the Accel World. Even if she's a level 9, the enemies are also level 9 too. What's more, they have their own legions to command, which means underlings. Even if she's very powerful, there's still strength in numbers. So no.
Apr 21, 2012 10:34 AM

Oct 2010
Ok so Kuroyukihime brought all of this on herself and instead of taking resposabilities for actions... she get him in the epic-battle wagon as well.
By some reason Chiyu told him that "if it was you 2 years ago..." (expression for which he didn't react) and on top of that acts like a she needs to be the center of his world.

Honestly both female characters are laughable... cute... but still laughable.
So........ Taku has been doing things with Chiyu through that back door huh *wink*
huh?
Apr 21, 2012 11:12 AM

Nov 2011
good episode,it had lots of details about burst brain
Apr 21, 2012 11:53 AM

Apr 2012
I wasn't too sure about this after this first couple of episodes but this one was an improvement. There was a lot of info dump in this one but the exposition was interesting and tied together a lot of what's been shown so I didn't mind. I could have maybe broken it up a little more but within the confines of an episode's structure it didn't do too badly.

Her boyfriend is going to be pretty pissed that Haru was fooling around with her backdoor. Actually the whole implied sex metaphor was pretty well used here and drove home the point of how intimate direct linking is. It was a pretty nice touch that made the last scene interesting and made Haru's search seem a little less implausible,
Apr 21, 2012 11:59 AM

Dec 2011
Excellent episode, nice drawings and music, great handling of emotions, and the cliffhanger D:
Apr 21, 2012 12:34 PM

Dec 2011
Finally downloaded and watched...

Two cute girls that care about chubby guy... How awesome is that?

Plot is getting better, finally story...

As for who the attacker is it's pretty obvious, but I'll not say anything...

Yumekichi, can you spoil to me on my profile why does Hime want level 10, don't worry it won't kill enjoyment :)
Apr 21, 2012 12:46 PM

Dec 2010
up until now i wasnt that much of a fan of the anime, but ep3 really got me into this!
Apr 21, 2012 12:52 PM

Sep 2011
well I got spoiled on who the blue guy is * freakin hate the douche has to be my favorite color* so when he's revealed I won't be surpirsed.

so Kuroyukihime (seriously dat name) really is a slippery one eh? chopped off that dudes head and betrayed a peace treaty just to get her own desires? I seems more like we're on the villans side of the story... which I'm ok with since I've read buscuit hammer so I'm definetly going to keep watching. but of course the highlight for me was...

DAT BED SCENE.

I mean my god, was all that really nessesary? XD here were my thoughts when I was watching.

"wait why are we going into her roo- why is there a near orimo style panty sho- why is the link cable THAT shor- why is her BOYFRIENDS cable lo- Why is she laying do- WHY ARE THY IN THAT POSITION?!?!"

and then the rest waslike: (O_e)*ding! cursed hormones* I managed to get the point of the scene and the end of the episode kept me interested but this just lead to too many other questions and irritants.

well, I'm still watching so I guess thats all that matters...
Apr 21, 2012 1:12 PM

Apr 2011
DAMNNNNNNNN SON. That was hellaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa good to watch. Despite nothing but brain-chatting happening all episode, it was GOOOOOD.

Really drew me in, Chiyu is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE. omagod.

Can't wait for moar.
Apr 21, 2012 1:50 PM

Dec 2011
Really, as soon as he found out the back door (i never read the manga, so this is not a spoiler, just a guess) i instantly got to the point their friend is a burst linker and uses burst to cheat in kendo matches, therefore if he wants to win the next match he needs more burst points.

The fact that he uses cyan clothes is even more of a HEY LOOK AT ME! I'M THE CULPRIT,
Apr 21, 2012 1:58 PM

Oct 2008
If things keep going like this, the only thing i would remember of this show is the fatty MC.
Apr 21, 2012 2:36 PM

Apr 2012
I actually predicted that the one chasing after Black Lotus was Chiyu.. it was way too obvious. Anyway.. it's going well so far.

dat Chiyu, so adorable!!
Apr 21, 2012 3:13 PM

Apr 2011
CHIYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. <3 she was just way toooo cute.
Apr 21, 2012 4:20 PM

Jun 2008
Btw if she beheaded that red guy and destroyed his burst link why are there six kings? Shouldn't they be five?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» The episodes 16 to half of 24, gave me an anguish & pissed off reaction

Kiryotsu - Feb 3

3 by Eckl3 »»
Feb 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 14, 2012

185 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 11, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2012

223 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 13, 2012

178 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 21, 2012

426 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Nov 5, 2023 12:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.