Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 31, 2010 7:31 PM
Jul 2010
Inarius said:
SomeDeadGuy said:
If nothing new happens within the next few episodes, I'm going to drop this show.

I think that each and every ep will be like this...

new ep...new stupid plot to defeat Takuto...fish girl sings, galactic yaoi boy makes the scene...they fight a little, with takuto's chances of winning getting slimmer and slimmer to build up tension....takuto wins through some butthurt 'what you can do, I can do over 9000 more fabulous times better than u' plotkai....and then we're back to square one

Everyone thought that the formula for Gurren Lagann and Neon Genesis Evangelion would be the same throughout the entire show. Eva was a monster-of-the-week, then devolved into psychobabble. Gurren Lagann was also a monster-of-the-week, but by episode 8, BAM: they
thus completely changing the tone of the series. I haven't seen Utena, which this shares a writer with, but apparently it follows the same pattern. I'm at least holding out hope.
Oct 31, 2010 7:34 PM
Jul 2018
they need to do something about the repetitive formula.
Oct 31, 2010 7:41 PM

Aug 2008
Yeah, that nurse does NOT need to be at a school. Though I wouldn't have minded her being my nurse if I was there. But seriously, that was a lame way to end a battle. Even the characters couldn't believe what happened when it did. Not one of my favorites so far. I am happy for the nurse though. She looks like she's going to take advantage of this relationship. >;-)
Oct 31, 2010 7:41 PM
Aug 2009
Blackbird said:
Yeah actually she could defeat him but got distracted. LoL

lol I know XD

She's like "Must defeat Galactic Pretty Boy...but can't resist his bishieness *nose bleed*"...then loses the fight
Oct 31, 2010 8:00 PM

Nov 2008
Every time I see the Chem Lab my immediate reaction is - "Where the hell is the fume hood? What are they boiling off in the open?"...

Maybe that's why everyone is so spaced-out - they are all sniffing too much solvent... <g>
Oct 31, 2010 8:02 PM

Nov 2008
Linalee-Stratos said:
The nurse made me laugh throughout the entire episode and the reason of her losing is simply hilarious XD XD
Dying for the full version of 'Monochrome'. Its such an epic song!

P.S. Mardock Scramble sure seems like an interesting movie

I've been following the Mardock Scramble manga and the lead girl's design looks to be a lot different in the anime movie preview than in the manga. She looks a lot more innocent in the manga.
Oct 31, 2010 8:47 PM

Aug 2009
This is seriously my favorite show of the season. I mean, it's just so darned over the top and ridiculous that you can't not have fun. Don't take it so seriously, just sit back and revel in the FAAAAABULOUS.

...aaaaaand TV Tropes has already added Distracted By The Sexy to Star Driver's page. As expected.
Ha-cha!
Oct 31, 2010 8:59 PM

Jul 2009
Oh God this is the most funniest episode to date XD As expected from staff of Ouran.
Gonna love that perverted Midori-sensei. "Fanservice Mode" WTF lol
What a way to end that fight~
Sarina reaction to "Hina" flying kiss to Takuto is the best:

And people please, stop complaining with formulaic story that this show used. That's is what you get when you let someone named Yoji Enokido (Utena,NGE,Ouran) writing this show. This will keep going until the late first half or so (see Utena).
Oct 31, 2010 9:24 PM

Aug 2008
This writing of this series is starting to remind me of the first season of Yu Gi Oh GX. An isolated Island, mostly episodic, half episode buildup and half episode battle. It's not really a bad thing imo, as I found that to be the most enjoyable part of all Yu Gi Oh series to date, and the same seems to be true here.
Oct 31, 2010 10:37 PM
Mar 2010
It seems like another WakoxTakuto episode next week. As of now, I like the formula, but it will get repetitive sooner or later. It's probably gonna change when it does though.
Nov 1, 2010 12:39 AM

Jul 2010
Fanservice Mode! lololol
Nov 1, 2010 3:14 AM

May 2008
LMAO that is like the best way to lose a fight, the funny thing is that she could have actually won but lost because of such a retarded way that makes it 10x funnier

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 1, 2010 3:59 AM

Feb 2010
lol the nurse is hilarious
Nov 1, 2010 4:42 AM

Apr 2010
haha, very fun episode.. XD
Nov 1, 2010 5:02 AM
Dec 2007
Still feels like a bad Code Geass x Soukyuu no Fafner rip-off made by Soul Shitter's Igarashi. Anyway, I hope we'll have a scenario soon.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 1, 2010 6:15 AM

Jul 2009
Jacut said:
Still feels like a bad Code Geass x Soukyuu no Fafner rip-off made by Soul Shitter's Igarashi. Anyway, I hope we'll have a scenario soon.
Why you always picking Igarashi with Soul Eater? I'm know SE isn't his best work because he pretty much adapting original material source (although I blame Akatsuki Yamatoya for writing) but it's pretty solid production for me. His works in Ouran are by me it's the best job he ever did for BONES. With Enokido on his side I don't see why this show could become worse than Heroman.
Nov 1, 2010 6:46 AM

May 2010
lol that nurse teacher was fantastic XD and wonder what were they going to do in the room o.O..whaaaaaa Sugata at the next episode !!! cant wait <3
Nov 1, 2010 7:45 AM

Aug 2009
Jacut said:

Fafner? Really? Fafner?

No, just no.
Nov 1, 2010 10:57 AM

May 2010
That Precognition mode reminds me of Suzaku vs The Knight of One from Code Geass.

But here she got "fanservice mode" which turns out to be her own weakness.. LMAO

Anyway, that was fun to watch..
Nov 1, 2010 11:11 AM

Jan 2009
It caught me off guard...
they were fighting seriously, but suddenly it ended up a ludicrous farce lol.
she could win the Galactic Pretty Boy though...
Nov 1, 2010 11:22 AM
Aug 2009
Kagura89 said:
Oh God this is the most funniest episode to date XD As expected from staff of Ouran.

And people please, stop complaining with formulaic story that this show used. That's is what you get when you let someone named Yoji Enokido (Utena,NGE,Ouran) writing this show. This will keep going until the late first half or so (see Utena).

At least I'm not the only one who thought that was from Ouran (also when Wako has her "Images" a la Tamaki's Mind Theater, Grand Tonnere, and Reverse Harem reference...?)
Nov 1, 2010 12:32 PM

Jan 2009
Creepy stalker-type school nurse is creepy. Screw that, I'll just label her as a dimwit and that'll be the end of it. Friggin' dimwit on a galactic scale even.
Anyway, too little fabulousness, and too much dimwit, and waaaay too little Sarina.
Oh and, Sakana-chan being loud again, <good>.

And something that annoys me, every god damn cybody is ugly as hell. (Well, Tauburn not included, that's just fabulous.)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 1, 2010 1:00 PM

Aug 2009
whats with the fabulous thing? Anyway it was pretty boring for me but better than the last episode.
Nov 1, 2010 1:58 PM

Nov 2008
animeroxsmysoxs said:
Kagura89 said:

At least I'm not the only one who thought that was from Ouran (also when Wako has her "Images" a la Tamaki's Mind Theater, Grand Tonnere, and Reverse Harem reference...?)

Isn't that what Tamaki always does in order to 'fight off' the evil spirit of Belzenef? XD
Nov 1, 2010 2:07 PM

Feb 2009
Linalee-Stratos said:
P.S. Mardock Scramble sure seems like an interesting movie
Agreed. Already added to "Plan to Watch" :D

So "Kiraboshi" is like a reflex to the Crux. Yeah, when you say and do it everytime, it gets stuck in your head and act unconsciously. I may do the act too after a few more episodes I guess XD
The school nurse is a cougar. A pretty one if I may say so XD.
This week's fight is kinda lame but we get that sometimes in shows like this.
Next week has something to do with Sugata. Finally we can see his GeassAlpha Stigmasecret or whatever that's suppose to be revealed about him :D

I lol'ed at Watanabe calling the nurse a slut. Takes one to know one :P

Edit: I feel like there's more to Sakana's story than just...the story. I should pay attention to it next time.
Nov 1, 2010 3:01 PM

Nov 2009
@Belatkuro: Well usually Sakana's story corresponds to the events in that episode... I would tell you what this episodes message was if i listened close enough, but I have drawn some relationships between the squid king story and the main story. Just my idea.

Anyways i enjoyed this episode a little bit... However, it proves that fanservice CAN ruin something; In this case your chances of winning. It looks like something minorly important might happen next time.
(Fine 6)
Nov 1, 2010 5:42 PM
Mar 2009
What a bishie lover. Did my eyes deceive me? I think I just saw the Glittering Crux henchmen wear a wtflulzycostume.

Wow, Wako has the craziest imagination evar, but apparently it's also easy to guess what she's thinking. Lol at the "He's going to do her and vice versa" exchange.

Why did she have to moan when she apprivoised? An awkward real life silence followed that. Aww, that was a pretty lame end to that fight, I was expecting Takuto to do something even more fabulous.
Nov 1, 2010 8:53 PM

Jul 2009
[EDIT]Video has been removed >.>

Fanservice Mode+Fly Away=Glorious~
Kagura89Nov 2, 2010 8:10 PM
Nov 1, 2010 9:15 PM
Jul 2008
lol... what a way to lose....
Nov 1, 2010 9:17 PM

Oct 2010
epi 5 is kinda cool though :3

and fishgirl ftw. XD

Nov 1, 2010 10:05 PM

May 2007

That is all that can be said for this episode
My anime list
Nov 2, 2010 1:14 AM

Oct 2010
ChronosXIII said:
Why did she have to moan when she apprivoised?

Maybe she's into that kind of stuff. You know, getting tied down, some shock play...
Nov 2, 2010 1:28 AM

Sep 2009
Lol...that teacher was funny, getting distracted like that.
Nov 2, 2010 9:59 AM
Feb 2009
LOL wtf with the fight? wait, can u even call that a fight? XD
oblivious is a bliss
Nov 2, 2010 10:02 AM

Feb 2010
Hahah the "fan-service" was her downfall. lol.

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode.

hawt.
Nov 2, 2010 10:50 AM

Jun 2009
She could beating him but getting distracted of that, well she deserved it anyways^^

Nov 2, 2010 11:50 AM

Aug 2009
I would've got distracted =D

I want to see more Lelou-, I mean, Sugata !
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Nov 2, 2010 3:01 PM

Jun 2010
Oh great. This is getting more & more ridiculous.
Nov 2, 2010 3:52 PM

Feb 2009
Sakana-chan has been pretty lively lately.

Really enjoyed this episoade.Now I can see that this series has a strange,one of a kind charm.
Urufuzu_reinNov 2, 2010 3:57 PM
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Nov 2, 2010 6:04 PM

May 2009
Wacky nurse. Her brains lost out to her even stronger lust and she lost to Tauburn. But looks like she got what she wanted in the end. Hahaha.
Nov 2, 2010 9:04 PM
Jul 2018
JustRad said:
Takuto's sexiness is too much to handle. Lesser beings lose just be gazing upon his naked form.

He doesn't even need Tauburn to win, he should just take off his clothes and walk into their base.

LOL so hard right now haha
Nov 2, 2010 9:49 PM
Aug 2009
1-31 said:
ChronosXIII said:
Why did she have to moan when she apprivoised?

Maybe she's into that kind of stuff. You know, getting tied down, some shock play...

That's what I thought, too... '^-^
Nov 3, 2010 5:40 PM

Jun 2010
Funny how Watanabe called the nurse a slut XD
Nov 4, 2010 6:01 AM
Aug 2009
SkyCrawler said:
Funny how Watanabe called the nurse a slut XD

lol I know, right? When she said that, I was like "Look who's talking..."
Nov 4, 2010 10:53 AM

Sep 2010
This show has more fan-service for girls..... Even though it is a Shounen.... :P
Nov 4, 2010 6:53 PM

Jul 2010
Blackbird said:
Yeah actually she could defeat him but got distracted. LoL
Why is it every time I see you post it's a double or triple post? Just curious...
Pheefa said:
How is Lelouch like Sugata?

This show needs less fan service and more plot. After the last episode I thought maybe we'd be moving in that direction, but I guess not. Come on, people, we're on episode 5 here. We should have some plot developments. I don't consider the North Volcano possibly erupting to be a plot development. :(

This is random: But Sugata and the Vice President (yes, the yellow fox creature) remain my two favorite characters in this show.
Nov 5, 2010 7:47 AM

Aug 2009
Iilia said:

Pheefa said:

Same voice actor.
Iilia said:

This show needs less fan service and more plot. After the last episode I thought maybe we'd be moving in that direction, but I guess not. Come on, people, we're on episode 5 here. We should have some plot developments. I don't consider the North Volcano possibly erupting to be a plot development. :(

This is a Super Robot anime written by the guy who wrote nothing but duels for for the first arc of his famous series so, I wouldn't expect any plot to hit until about episode 10.

Besides, we get Sugata showing off next week.
Nov 5, 2010 10:27 AM

Nov 2007
This is getting seriously lame. I hope they pull themselves out from this mess. It wasn't a bit entertaining let alone being funny. if they keep up like this in the next episode, i am dropping this series.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 5, 2010 5:10 PM

Jul 2010
garfield15 said:
Iilia said:

Pheefa said:

Same voice actor.
Iilia said:

This is a Super Robot anime written by the guy who wrote nothing but duels for for the first arc of his famous series so, I wouldn't expect any plot to hit until about episode 10.

Besides, we get Sugata showing off next week.
Oh, I see. I watched Code Geass in dubs, so to me he's Ichigo with brains if we're going by voice actors. XD

Episode 10, huh? I suppose I'll stick with it until this show does something seriously disappointing, since I don't have anything better to do right now. I'm just used to seeing some kind of development by episode 5 in a 20-something series like this. I don't mind the battles that go nowhere - that I can take - it's all this unnecessary fanservice taking the place of a plot that's pissing me off.
Nov 6, 2010 9:56 PM

Nov 2007
well that was pretty lame tbh. this show gets pretty repetitive. "pretty boys" and girls fawning over them and repeat crappy villain of the week.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Jan 23, 2011

130 by HerdianElang »»
Apr 8, 8:28 PM

» This anime have some kind of boys love?

Kuku_Kill - Feb 11, 2023

6 by Ronninn »»
Feb 11, 2023 4:20 PM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Jan 30, 2011

102 by notbraxten »»
Sep 1, 2022 1:56 AM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

HawthorneKitty - Apr 3, 2011

242 by Alvie48xi »»
Aug 30, 2022 8:02 AM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 3, 2010

352 by ImpactFrames »»
Aug 8, 2022 9:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.