Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 2, 2010 9:32 AM

Nov 2009
ShinLore said:
i still think inuyasha should of became full human i mean he will live alot longer then kagome so he'll be alone later on right or only full demons can live like a thousand years?Ohwell still a good end....

Well, the only way he could of become human would be using the jewel... So that can't really happen anymore. >.<
That was a fairly good ending, nevertheless for some reason the episode wasn't very emotional to me (I almost tried to force my cry or sniffle =P). The kiss was a bit awkward to me.... Or it could of been after Inuyasha dropped his sword and they weren't in danger. Theres all the bad points i can complain about! Otherwise they did a great job on this.
Inuyasha was one of my first Animes, i didn't know what a shounen was back then, so it feels a little weird watching something from a while back. However, while then i would of given this a 11 or something i am going to have to dish out an 8. I just couldn't get in the mood to watch this for some reason.
Apr 3, 2010 12:29 AM
Mar 2010
Since the little brother knew that they were "married", there must have been communication between the two worlds. So kagome must be ablke to return to her world.
Apr 3, 2010 6:01 AM

Dec 2008
And once again, That's THE END of Inuyasha.
GOSH! After a long wait, with an great ending. That's totally awesome.
This brings an end to a piece of my childhood. I'll miss it.
Yay! Happy ending.

Inuyasha is totally the best of best ever.
Felt sadness as it end, however happiness overwhelm with a final kiss :D
KYA!

" I LIKE INUYASHA"!
Apr 3, 2010 9:48 AM

Sep 2008
That was a fantastic ending. :') I, too, waited years for Inuyasha to end as an anime... It's cool having your first anime ever come to a close.

I'm also kind of glad they kept everything the same, but adding the kiss in was definitely a good idea :D and showing what happened to Koga made me happy, even though I don't really approve of it involving Ayame. XD

Though yeah. It didn't seem like anyone changed a bit in 3 years. Rin almost looked the same size to me... I think Kagome's face may have looked a little more mature... Also, even when I read the manga, I was half-hoping that Sango would raise her kids to be youkai taijiya. D: Guess she just wants a peaceful life now, ahaha...
Apr 4, 2010 5:33 AM

Nov 2008
HOLY CRAP!!! THEY KISSED! THEY REALLY KISSED!!! OH MY GOD!!! OH GOD!!! XDDDD WUAHAHAHA!!! *crazy laugh*

That's how I reacted..... my final opinion for the WHOLE Inuyasha.....

... and they lived happily ever after =''D
Apr 7, 2010 3:55 AM

Oct 2008
Great, amazing, fantastic ending!

Inuyasha was one of the first anime I've watched and I like it a lot.

To be honest I cried especially when Kagome and Inuyasha didn't meet for three years. For me that's a very long time to be away from someone.

Onii-san!!! - You have to be Kagome to dare say a thing like that to Sesshomaru

I wanted to see what Inuyasha and Kagome's babies looked like because I saw a fan art of it and I thought it was in the manga, but I don't know really.
Apr 7, 2010 7:33 AM

Apr 2009
Ah, I knew they gonna make it... no kiss in manga = miserable fans, so...
And Kouga with Ayane, Ayame, or whatever her name was. I believe there was no such person in manga so I was wondering if they gonna continue her existence in anime, "somehow". I'm glad there was Kouga in last ep but... I actually wanted to see him in the village. Is that wrong? Even Sesshoumaru keeps visiting human village, so why a wolf can't? Instead, they showed us another wedding... Oops, sorry, not another.

*more disappointed moaning got cut out of here*
Apr 8, 2010 9:06 PM

Oct 2009
I just watched the last episode and I loved it! Espcially the kiss and Fluffy's glare after Kagome called him oni san.

merle_noir said:

I was half-hoping that Sango would raise her kids to be youkai taijiya. D: Guess she just wants a peaceful life now, ahaha...

You never know, maybe Sango's kids will become taijiya later on. They're still too young for that sort of training right now.

Otaku and proud to admit it!
Apr 9, 2010 2:32 PM

Sep 2009
Wow. I've been watching Inu Yasha for about 6 years so I guess I'm kinda nostalgic about it. Nice to see it have a true ending, even if it is a bit sappy and sentimental. All in all, I would say I'm satisfied with the way the series ended. It was a lot of work (almost 200 episodes!!!) but I would say I enjoyed the ride.
not a job creator

Apr 10, 2010 6:50 PM

Feb 2009
It is over, and I am sure going to miss everyone. I am glad the put a kiss scene and show Koga at the end which wasn't in the anime and my favorite scene is Sesshoumaru's face when Kagome called him brother/brother-in-law. Feeling bad for Sanga having three kids in three years!

I am kinda curious about Inuyasha comment about Rin living with Kaede, I wonder what does he mean by "So she can choose when the time comes"? If Sesshoumaru keeps bringing gift for Rin does that mean he stop traveling? I guess he found that new power he was looking for.
Apr 10, 2010 7:15 PM

Nov 2009
MaxCrazy7 said:
I am kinda curious about Inuyasha comment about Rin living with Kaede, I wonder what does he mean by "So she can choose when the time comes"?

I believe she means Rin will need to decide whether to live as a normal human or to stay with Sesshomaru, when she gets older.

Kinda like ep 162 in the old anime.
Apr 12, 2010 3:48 PM

Oct 2008
I'm so sad to see an ending to this anime. I think I had always hoped that there would be stories to continually fuel the flame that powered Inuyasha and his friends. I thought that the ending really tied things up unlike the ending to EP167. I have been waiting half my life to see this and wow it was worth it. I may just have to watch the entire series over this summer or something xD
Apr 14, 2010 12:19 PM

May 2007
Finally its over.

Apr 20, 2010 2:54 PM

Aug 2008
I was waiting for Kanketsu-hen subs, but oh well. Lame episode and ending, but Kagome calling Sesshomaru 'onii-sama' was funny.

4/10
Apr 20, 2010 6:41 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
And so it ended. Maybe I should skim through this once I have time.

EDIT: nah, I just watched the last 10 minutes on youtube. It was a bit better than the manga version.
wakka9caApr 20, 2010 6:51 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 21, 2010 6:05 AM

Feb 2008
Here's the final episode of InuYasha Kanketsu-hen in HQ, for those who prefer it that way :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=24DUZ1PB

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Apr 25, 2010 8:07 AM

Jan 2008
I never appriciated the writter's decision to turn warrior sango into a housewife. Just doesn't sit right.
Apr 26, 2010 8:01 AM

Oct 2009
I've fallen in love with this 7 years ago and it makes me a bit sad that one of my favourite shows is finally over!

Never forget:
good-timeApr 26, 2010 12:09 PM
Apr 26, 2010 8:39 PM

Mar 2008
LostHanyou said:
I believe she means Rin will need to decide whether to live as a normal human or to stay with Sesshomaru, when she gets older.

Kinda like ep 162 in the old anime.

Yeah it seemed to have that kind of meaning. Obviously the chance is very high that Rin will choose to continue following Sesshomaru. But nothing wrong with her living a few years in a village. Even if she will make the same decision at least it won't be because her only experience living with humans was negative. Besides picking up some life skills along the way never hurt anyone.

Anyways great ending. I love how they spent so much of the episode covering the aftermath of the final battle. The kiss was a nice addition as was throwing Koga in there since the guy was cruelly abandoned in the manga. Already had an anime original character to pair him up with so might as well use that :).

Still most epic was that "onii-san" line from Kagome. Both brothers were just disturbed by that one.

Too bad Kagome and Inuyasha had to spend so much time apart, but the author couldn't send a bad message. No matter what you can't just drop out of school to go be with someone! Kagome completed high school and was then free to do what she wanted. Although some might wonder how many high school topics will help her that far in the past...

Anyways it's been a long time coming. Can't believe how many years its been. But finally it's concluded and it was done well. No complaints from me.
Apr 27, 2010 1:12 PM

Sep 2008
Koga's ending felt like the anime was saying 'Sorry' to all the fans who complained when Inuyasha claimed that they were all there 'not one missing' and all over this board were people saying that Koga was forgotten, but it wasn't out of place.

Sesshomaru being called 'Onii-san' and looking annoyed, but then threatening Jaken when he suggested teaching her a lesson. Seems he does have feelings for humans after all.

Kohaku getting his weapon from Totosai kinda surprised me, it looks like the Naraku-infested weapon stayed, so something good came out of Naraku's influence.

Sota's voice after three years sounded strange, it didn't sound like a teenager, more like they'd just taken his 'kid' VA and made them say the lines. And what happened to the girl he confessed to?
BastionApr 27, 2010 1:30 PM

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Apr 30, 2010 11:45 AM

Jul 2008
If it wasn't for the fact that Kagome had to leave her time/family then this would have been the best ending ever :) but Koga/Ayame + Onii-san = great
May 11, 2010 3:42 AM

Apr 2010
Like everyone else in the US, I have been watching Inuyasha since middle school when it appeared on Adult Swim lol. I am also in college now and I have to say that I was completely satisfied with this ending. And yes, Kagome calling Sesshomaru Onii-san was EPIC xD. I love Inuyasha and I will always love Inuyasha =D

May 26, 2010 10:40 PM

Aug 2007
Wonderful! At last, I get to see this series end. It's been a long ten years and I'm sad to see it go. So many things to mention... This episode delivered so much~!

- Finally, a kiss. The manga really screw the fans with that, so at least the anime was smart and included it.
- I loved the added scene with Naraku saying he was at peace.
- I'm glad Koga got some closure. I was always mad he was never mentioned again.
- Inuyasha and Kagome meeting up again was perfect~
- And finally, Sesshoumaru's expression at Kagome calling him "big brother" was freaking priceless, lmfao.

I am pleased. I can put my childhood and adulthood to rest now.
olivesandwaxMay 26, 2010 10:44 PM
Jun 18, 2010 9:40 PM

Feb 2010
Yeah it's been one of my first animes so it's kind of sad. but a good ending everything's complete.
and yes the kiss woot woot!

it's funny because i watched toy story 3 today too another sequel of sorts.

it was a great ending. sad it's over but not so sad that I want it to come back.
Jun 20, 2010 9:12 PM

Nov 2009
Perfect! They definitely met my hopes and expectations. I don't think I could of asked for a better ending, Inuyasha is definitely one of my all time favourite series. They did a very good job with the Final Act anime, and especially with the final episode.

Luckily for me, a few weeks after I watched the original Inuyasha, it was announced that they were finally finishing the series, so I didn't have to wait long.

Nearly everything I was hoping for happened, so I am really satisfied with the ending <3
Jun 25, 2010 12:43 PM

Sep 2009
Finally! A good ending to a great series, a series that I've followed for all these years... How many years has it been? 5? More?

The ending was great - I can't think of any way to make the ending better than this.

In a way, it is sad that it's done, but to all great things comes and end.

Probably the best thing I've watched 2010 - and nothing this year will surpass it.

No complaints from me. :-)

PS: The Onii-san part was so awesome/funny/random, I had to pause the episode and catch my breath. :D
“They will say that I have shed innocent blood. What’s blood for, if not for shedding? With my hook for a hand, I’ll split you from your groin to your gullet.” - Candyman
Jun 27, 2010 9:33 PM

Jul 2007
Wow, after so long. This used to be one of my childhood shows that i would watch every day as each new season came out. 10 years later. Finally its at its end. What a great way to wrap up the entire story.

Thought i heard the manga covers more of the story in detail so i will definitely have to check that out. Nerveless a good show that i'll never forget.

Now i have to wait 8 years lol before one piece finishes.

Jun 29, 2010 11:39 AM

Oct 2009
xXC64Xx said:
Perfect! They definitely met my hopes and expectations. I don't think I could of asked for a better ending, Inuyasha is definitely one of my all time favourite series. They did a very good job with the Final Act anime, and especially with the final episode.

Luckily for me, a few weeks after I watched the original Inuyasha, it was announced that they were finally finishing the series, so I didn't have to wait long.

Nearly everything I was hoping for happened, so I am really satisfied with the ending <3

lucky i had to wait like 5 or was it 4 1/2 years
Jul 2, 2010 2:29 PM

Jul 2009
Finally, closure and well done too!
Jul 2, 2010 2:43 PM
Jul 2018
Great ending!!!:D Usually most anime leave people wondering about alot of what's going on or, in other words, have really confusing endings, but this ending's one of the best by far!

I love how the series is like BAM! here's the answer to the question, ;) like how they defeated Naraku and what power Kagome has. They've been chasing Naraku for a really long time too.
Jul 14, 2010 8:16 PM

Jul 2008
Loved it, 9/10. It was one of my first anime so I really enjoyed a good ending.

Best part of the series.
Three Thousand Realms in a Single Moment
Jul 19, 2010 7:19 AM

Apr 2008
Perfect ending for a show I started to watch eight years ago.
Jul 20, 2010 11:27 AM
Apr 2010
This was everything it was supposed to be.
This made the years of my life that I dedicated to Inu-Yasha so worthwhile.
Now I can officially say it is my First and my favourite. as well as one of the longest anime's i have ever completed.
Yay for nostalgic childhood memories! :3

&& the faces both Sesshoumaru-sama and Inu-yasha made when Kagome was like "Onii-chan" were like the icing on the cake XD
Aug 1, 2010 10:39 AM

Nov 2008
wow that was such a happy happy ending but i loved it none the less even with the feeling that the entire series felt a bit rushed
Finally got to see some more Inuyasha X Kagome XP
Aug 5, 2010 10:00 PM

Jul 2007
waaaa i cried a lot TT-TT i thought inuyasha and kagome will not see each other anymore TT-TT, but they had to wai 3 years to see again that's so sad TT-TT.
kagome and miroku with the 3 babies i've seen in manga are so kawaii kyaaa. that kimono rin got from sesshoumaru for me means something else, i always loved them as a couple kyaaaaa. ayame and kouga aaww loved them i missed her hehe n.nU.
i loved the oniisan kagome said to sesshoumaru XD. everyone are happy is so awesome to see an ending like this aaww, but kagome is not going to see her family anymore then?? TT-TT
Aug 12, 2010 10:33 AM

Dec 2008
I seriously started crying at the end ;_: I can't believe Inuyasha is finally over... waaa

BUT GREAT ENDING !! Miroku & Sango's babies <333. AND AND INUYASHA & KAGOME ARE MARRIED ! :D :D Totally LOL'd at Kagome's 'Onii-san' comment to Sesshomaru ahaha.

AND NARAKU'S FINALLY DEFEATEDDD

LOL after all this time. FIANLLY. xD

& &
Aug 19, 2010 7:47 PM

May 2008
Inuyasha was my first teen anime, and I loved it back then... except for the ending. There was a lot of saturated stuff in this 26 episodes, maybe they should have made it into two seasons. I waited a lot for the Shikon jewel to be completed and wow! it's power suck, Naraku still got his butt kick. For the positive side I like kikyo's and Kagura's dead in the other hand Naraku's dead was plain and boring. They end up in the same world together, predictable conclusion, but fitting.

Between a 7 or an 8 out a 10. If I was not a Inuyasha 'fan' I would have given it a lower score.
Aug 25, 2010 5:54 PM
Jun 2010
I finished it... WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW?!?!?!

I knew what was going to happen this episode, but I still cried... again. I noticed when Sango was talking about Kagome, she looked a little bit like she was gonna cry. They are best friends, so I can see that.

I really like it, but I would've prefered if Kagome could see her family again, but she even said in one episode, that she'd have to choose between the two worlds.

Her mom was amazing, she just really wanted Kagome to be happy, even if that meant not seeing her again.

I am SO glad they kept the part with Sesshomaru, and Kagome calling him, Onii-san. I was kinda pissed that he looked so mad, just because she was back. Though I still found it hilarious, when she calls him that, and he shoots daggers at her. XD
Oct 3, 2010 1:46 AM
Oct 2010
Loved the ending. There is only one thing bothering me though... Now that it's all over, Inuyasha is still a half demon.. and Kagome is still human. I find it horribly sad that Kagome will die before Inuyasha.. They are finally together yes, but she will continue to grow old while he stays youthful. What kind of ending leaves you with such uncertainty?!
I really wanted the end to either have Inuyasha turning into a human or Kagome somehow living just as long as Inuyasha...
What are other people's opinions on this?
Oct 4, 2010 10:04 PM

Oct 2009
JessieCola2005 said:
Loved the ending. There is only one thing bothering me though... Now that it's all over, Inuyasha is still a half demon.. and Kagome is still human. I find it horribly sad that Kagome will die before Inuyasha.. They are finally together yes, but she will continue to grow old while he stays youthful. What kind of ending leaves you with such uncertainty?!
I really wanted the end to either have Inuyasha turning into a human or Kagome somehow living just as long as Inuyasha...

I feel the same way. I thought Inuyasha should have become full human too. I also thought he should have gone to Kagome's time once he became human instead of Kagome going to live permenantly in the past. It's a shame that she probably won't see her family again.
Exclusively female yuri community with polls, games, member cards, and more. Join today.Recruiting Staff too!
Nov 18, 2010 10:24 PM

Jul 2007
Miroku finally got someone to bear his babies lol

"Onii-sama" made this 2nd series tolerable.

I thought the entire season was super rushed and didnt really like how Naraku, Inuyasha, and onii-sama were 1upingthere swords and powers each and every episode. However, it was nice to see this show back after so many years. IIt saved me the trouble of reading the manga to see how it ended.
Nov 26, 2010 5:40 PM

Jun 2008
it took almost an entire decade....but i finished InuYasha...need rant bad!!! (could hardly be happier with the ending)

RtheO
Dec 21, 2010 9:42 PM
Oct 2010
caninesrock said:
JessieCola2005 said:

I feel the same way. I thought Inuyasha should have become full human too. I also thought he should have gone to Kagome's time once he became human instead of Kagome going to live permenantly in the past. It's a shame that she probably won't see her family again.

i agree as well, this ending made me feel uneasy. why hasn't anyone in the show realized that inuyasha is still a half demon and will outlive kagome by a couple centuries atleast :/

i seriously miss kikyo. if any one deserved a proper happy ending it should have been her. *sigh* but overall im content this show has ended but the ending itself left much to be desired.
Feb 4, 2011 9:00 AM

Feb 2010
I wish the season was longer, everything felt too rushed except for the last 6 episodes.
Feb 7, 2011 6:07 AM
Nov 2010
I prefer the original series to be honest, longer episode = more time to assimilate information and character. Anyway, that was a good ending I wasn't expecting anything else from this series.

They took out what made the original series good and left the crap, i.e. power up episodes, it's like each episode between 5 and 20~ was a power up episode, it became rather dull in the end. I can't blame them though, they had to do something with only 26 episodes.

Is it me or Kagome's eye are like 10 time larger in this series, or is this the effect of watching it in HD lol

7/10
Apr 19, 2011 6:25 PM

Apr 2009
It really was a great ending to a great anime, and it kinda stayed faithful to the manga.

I just wanted one more thing....

BABIES XD. Inuyasha's and Kagome's. What would they be like XD!?!?!
Aug 19, 2011 10:37 PM

Sep 2010
An ending I could really expect, but whatever, I feel satisfied and glad I finally watched this.
Dec 5, 2011 7:22 AM
Jan 2009
They got married, I wanted to see the wedding.
Dec 10, 2011 6:00 PM

Mar 2010
Finished Watching Inuyasha Final Act just now. It was awesome ! xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2011 11:35 PM

Nov 2008
Roxxas said:
caninesrock said:
JessieCola2005 said:

i agree as well, this ending made me feel uneasy. why hasn't anyone in the show realized that inuyasha is still a half demon and will outlive kagome by a couple centuries atleast :/

i seriously miss kikyo. if any one deserved a proper happy ending it should have been her. *sigh* but overall im content this show has ended but the ending itself left much to be desired.

Oh dear, i have totally forgotten about it tbh. True enough, 26 eps are too short as compared to the prequel of 161 eps. If only the Kanketsu-hen was longer then... maybe they would elaborated on the ending (inuyasha transforming into human and whatnot) more.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 28, 2009

69 by Puncheon »»
Jun 5, 12:17 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Chimasternmay - Nov 21, 2009

129 by Puncheon »»
Jun 3, 9:06 PM

» Subtitles with honorifics?

Puncheon - May 26

2 by Notshane »»
May 27, 8:05 PM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 23 Discussion

ClementIV - Mar 8, 2010

40 by prozyne »»
Apr 18, 4:15 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ClementIV - Oct 10, 2009

96 by prozyne »»
Mar 25, 5:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.